Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E20: Caitlyn & Kenton

43 minutes ago, Lovecat said:

God, what a fucking douchebag.

Absolutely. Caitlyn was giving very reasonable explanations for why she couldn't text and he kept saying that it was a lame excuse. He was terrible. What was with his weird hitting his chest at the end? Colossal asshole.

• Love 14

-Nev and Max are easy to find anywhere in the country.

-Caitlyn has had an awful streak. And she's scammed by the gentlemen routine.

-"Don't mess with me". "He knows single moms that have worked harder than me". Maybe she needs to take a long break from dating if this passes as a gentleman.

-What loser needs to link themselves to Nev to score women? And what women suddenly gush over this guy when they hear he's some scrawny dude's personal trainer?

-Kenton's already there. If that's true, obviously he's been waiting for this moment to meet his idol. Probably wants to attain the job position for real.

-You didn't need Nev and Max's help to not move across the country on a whim, hun....

-Someone doesn't like owning up to their angles...also love how he's somehow an expert on her situation and how much time she can manage.

-"He's having sex right now". Inb4 reveal he was already there because he was hooking up with some non-Caitlyn chick in the area.

-Someone put a muzzle on this baby. "She only texted me two times a day". How would you like to go down to zero? You only think that's not a lot because you're hitting up the women side bar with everyone else to get constant texts.

-Huffing and puffing and griping. Caitlyn, don't grovel to this manchild...

-Kenton wants to take no blame and likes projecting. No butthurt control.

-Stop patting your chest, you freak. Does this guy have ADHD? He has some kind of attention disorder. Both in how much he needs and how he cocks his head around.

-"Our president won't even do that'. Blerp, end of season political blast.

-2 months later and Caitlyn has taken my advice while Kenton has no self-awareness. "Life goes on, the sun comes up". Too bad you weren't plunged into it via rocket.

-It wouldn't be Catfish if they didn't know when to quit, so there's a completely worthless clip show next week, possibly the week after too. Couldn't just let up until 2018, even though you have a spinoff filling in fall slots. That's probably the point, another month of specials until the spinoff debut. Yuck.

• Love 5

I loved his indignation over her "lying" when he admitted to telling women he was Nev's trainer when he's not.  

I loved it when Max called him a little bitch.  So true.

Every woman on the planet needs to see this so they can stay away.  Any man who's asking you to pay attention to him over your child?  Run away, run away...

• Love 14

It really bugged me that he was giving her shit over prioritizing her kid as a sole parent particularly when he had a kid he doesn't see. He didn't seem at all concerned by the fact that he can't see his kid and his kid's mother is in the same position as Caitlyn. He seemed content not to see his kid, like it gave him more free time.

... I'm surprised that "I'm Nev's trainer" worked on women.

• Love 11

Oh lord, I'm in Worcester. It is true we are very 90s, but I gotta defend Acoustic Java. Good coffee. However, we also have many fine parks where nothing good ever happens so I don't know why that wasn't an option.

Edited by maxineofarc
  • Love 5

This guy should have someone beat the shit out of his heart just once. I don't know what happened to him in his past to demand and expect total devotion 24/7 or the girl's a liar.... What a pussy.

And, who stacks their oreos in a cookie jar so neatly and like a photo? I know they're real because Nev or Max reached in and ate one. And didn't mess up the arrangement.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, maxineofarc said:

Oh lord, I'm in Worcester. It is true we are very 90s, but I gotta defend Acoustic Java. Good coffee. However, we also have many fine parks where nothing good ever happens so I don't know why that wasn't an option.

I'm right next door. I was half expecting them to go to Elm Park. It was neat to see them driving around and seeing all the familiar street signs. 

Kenton is a colossal asshole. I don't understand his position at all.  He only came to Mass for his 5 minutes of "fame". He's an idiot though. That's the way he wanted to come across on tv?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I'm right next door. I was half expecting them to go to Elm Park. It was neat to see them driving around and seeing all the familiar street signs. 

Kenton is a colossal asshole. I don't understand his position at all.  He only came to Mass for his 5 minutes of "fame". He's an idiot though. That's the way he wanted to come across on tv?

I kinda want to go find Caitlyn and give that poor girl a hug. What kind of experiences must she have had to think she deserves to be treated like this?

• Love 4

I don't think that Caitlyn think she deserves bad treatment from the asshole. She did walk away, wisely so. She thought he was all that when talking to him, before they met. Then his controlling nature started sneaking through, and she reached out to Max and Nev for help. 

I noticed a couple of the pickets were missing from the bottom of the bannister when she went up to have her crying spell. Her daughter must be fun!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

I don't think that Caitlyn think she deserves bad treatment from the asshole. She did walk away, wisely so. She thought he was all that when talking to him, before they met. Then his controlling nature started sneaking through, and she reached out to Max and Nev for help. 

I noticed a couple of the pickets were missing from the bottom of the bannister when she went up to have her crying spell. Her daughter must be fun!

I doubt that was her house though. 

5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

This guy should have someone beat the shit out of his heart just once. I don't know what happened to him in his past to demand and expect total devotion 24/7 or the girl's a liar.... What a pussy.

And, who stacks their oreos in a cookie jar so neatly and like a photo? I know they're real because Nev or Max reached in and ate one. And didn't mess up the arrangement.

That's a Kardashian habit. Oreos, and Vienna fingers.

Kenton is so needy, why is he looking for a single mom?  He should realize there would be other priorities in her life. He's just the type that after a woman and her kid moved in or near him, he'd start abusing the kid for various behaviors. Like " disrespecting him" or "crying too much" or " clinging to her mom". I wouldn't let him within a foot of my kid. 

Caitlyn was smart enough to sense the danger, but I feel that she's so desperate to have someone in her life that she could easily get snowed again. Stop with the on-line dating shit and look around locally. They may not be as buff and good looking (too pouty for me) as KenTON, but there are lots of average Joes out there who would treat both her and her daughter the way they deserve to be treated. 

• Love 3

I think Kenton hit a new level of Douchebaggery for Catfish participants, and that's a pretty amazing feat. Someone needs to check around his place for 55 gallon drums, or signs of freshly dug holes.

That said, and I'm not honestly not trying to victim blame at ALL,  I *really* hope that Caitlyn's  "if I had moved to Kentucky" talk was all hypothetical, and not something she had been seriously considering. I know he was pressuring her to do it, but they'd never even met in person, FFS. I do give her credit for not buying into his shit and taking time away from her daughter (or endangering her job) to placate him.

• Love 2

I guess the guys have been spending most of their time in big cities for them to be characterizing Worcester as some typical New England town. It's the second largest city in the state with more people than half the state capitals in the country.

I thought Nev was overdoing it a bit with his "do I look like I work out" type comments. There are other goals besides becoming muscular, like building endurance, or keeping off weight when being on the road interferes with having regular diet and activity habits.

I know I'm old, and I did most of my dating in the pre-interwebs days. However, I just don't understand these people who begin talking to a complete stranger online, burn hundreds of hours texting or talking, have little interest in meeting up, call it a "relationship," then wonder why it doesn't work out. If Kenton was such a player, why was he spending all his time worrying about someone that doesn't even live in the same state? Does it feel that good to get bombarded by random texts from women all day?  I just don't get it. Before me and my wife met, I wouldn't even look outside my zip code.

This show is garbage, but it never ceases to amaze me.

• Love 6

I did internet dating a few years ago. But only within my immediate area, I ignored messages from men who were far away. I figured they were desperate, creepy, criminal, etc. to be hitting on anyone and everyone who signed up for Match.com. But the world is full of dumb people or this show wouldn't exist.

My husband told me he used to mess with the women who'd hit on him via Facebook, looking for money. He'd play with them a bit to see how far they'd go. It is amazing the lengths people will go do to scam someone.

I agree that Caitlyn wasn't a dumbass BUT. 

She was raped. Had to move back home.

Had a baby with a man she now has a restraining order on. Am I right?

I think if she isn't already she really should be in very intensive therapy. If she is maybe it isn't working as well as it should for her to be this gullible and vulnerable. She was crying way too much over him for my comfort zone. 

I don't think she's at all ready to date.

She has a small child. I know we're all impressed with her because she ultimately didn't go for this douche BUT. She was extremely vulnerable and basically needed the help of a tv show to end things. Why did they get as far as they did? Did she for a moment consider moving her and her little child to Kentucky? IF he hadn't been dumb enough to let his douche side seep through she very well may have and then what would have happened? Another restraining order if she's lucky to get out alive this time. I think being overly impressed with her is setting a very low bar.

Edited by DiabLOL
  • Love 3

Kenton is totally the guy who would make his girlfriend text him if she's going to be two minutes late. Not just text him but do so holding up three fingers or two fingers or whatever he says to prove she didn't take the picture earlier. He is a needy, abusive little asshole. I hate that she got so upset over him. He's NOT WORTH IT. 

Love Max's use of butthurt, repeatedly. Max is the best thing about this shitshow. 

• Love 9

Caitlyn was lucky that she confronted Kenton (*rolls eye at dumb name*) with Max and Nev sitting there, because I can't help but think she would have been less strong if she'd dealt with it alone.  She was already starting with the "maybe I should have tried harder to make time for him" stuff until Max snapped her out of it.  She seems like a nice woman, but she really needs to continue with her therapy if she wants to stop picking controlling (and probably abusive if the restraining order against her child's father is any indication) dudes.

As for Kenton, he's the kind of guy who just looks for vulnerable, insecure women who he can manipulate and who will put up with his controlling shit.  And, I know this doesn't apply to all of them of course, but seeking out young single mothers is a great way to increase your odds of finding one.  It was no surprise to hear him say that he had dated single mothers before.

Edited by marny
  • Love 7

I just saw this episode. I have a couple of quick thoughts:

1. Kenton is an asshole.

2. I think Kenton was not attracted to Caitlyn in person. This is part of the reason he was so hostile to her vs. his meeting with Nev & Max the day before. So the lying part might have had more to do with her appearance than the behavior over texts.

3. He sounds super duper controlling and she is lucky to be away from him.  All other women beware.

• Love 8

I had a couple of quick thoughts, too:

1. He said he didn't believe a word coming out of Caitlyn's mouth, yet he was the one who started out lying about being Nev's trainer (and what a ridiculous lie). Why should anyone believe that "everything else is true" except that one lie – what catfish hasn't said that? And why didn't they call him on it?

2. Why didn't they look to see if he's on Tinder or other forms of social media? That could have been enlightening...

3. He couldn't actually believe he was going to come across well taking that particular stance, so I'm assuming the truth is much worse, that he has catfished many women and the mother of his child probably has a restraining order against him. He moved to be near her, but can't see her, and no explanation? He's dated other single moms who had more time for him? Sounds like he preys on insecure young women.

4. So sad that the line, "I understand if you don't want to talk to a stranger, but you are so beautiful, here's my number if you want to call," is her idea of gentlemanly. Pathetic, really. 

I hope things go much better for her in the future, and much worse for him.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, ForReal said:

4. So sad that the line, "I understand if you don't want to talk to a stranger, but you are so beautiful, here's my number if you want to call," is her idea of gentlemanly. Pathetic, really. 

I hope things go much better for her in the future, and much worse for him.

Agree on both counts. I thought if that line swept her off her feet what sort of rancid come ons is the poor goor used to?

• Love 1
On 9/18/2017 at 11:25 AM, starlightlost said:

Oh lord he really is a whiny little bitch. Check out Kenton Finley on facebook. Go all the way down to August 31. He's a dirty player and women really are just goo goo for him. Unbelievable.

?

I know. I confess, I looked him up on FB, too, and I was appalled at all the women falling for his crap. Unbelievable.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, Sienna said:

think Kenton hit a new level of Douchebaggery for Catfish participants, and that's a pretty amazing feat. Someone needs to check around his place for 55 gallon drums, or signs of freshly dug holes.

His type shows up often on ID shows, where the girlfriend/wife disappears.
Seriously, he sounds absolutely like a control freak/abuser.  They should (seriously) have checked him for a police record, if that's possible in his state.
She's lucky to get away, and I hope he's not pissed enough to plot revenge on her.

Kenton shows all the signs of an abuser.  Caitlyn was lucky to get away.  She really needs to figure out why she ends up with a man who she now has to have a restraining order against and another guy who whines and makes her feel guilty for putting her child before him.  Had she not been able to enlist Nev and Max to help her, she probably would still be groveling for Kenton's approval.

Kenton is the type who wants to keep his woman barefoot and pregnant.  And she better be rattling those pots around in the kitchen making him supper!

• Love 1

This episode was on late last night.  Kept me up later, I was trying to drift off to sleep, but I kept saying this guy can't be real, can he?

I was like I have to remember that douchebag's name, so I can look it up tomorrow.  I just thought I was missing something, that no one could be that much of an asshole.  Nope.  Class A, Prime Choice Asshole.  

Caitlyn was lying?  Too bad no one called him on HIS lying.  The lying about Nev was the tip of the douchebag iceberg.   He so wants someone he can control and wants to be the center of attention.  If he's not, then they will be hell to pay.  He's a bully, but at heart, I bet he's a big pussy.  

• Love 1

Just watched this episode tonight and while Kenton is stupid I'll be the lone voice saying don't freaking date if you don't have time caitlyn! So obnoxious when people act like because you have a small kid the partner should settle for bread crumbs. You working at being a good mom? Good do that. Stop acting like no communication is acceptable because of that. It's not. So don't date. Especially long distance.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2018 at 4:01 AM, Ragingviolet said:

Just watched this episode tonight and while Kenton is stupid I'll be the lone voice saying don't freaking date if you don't have time caitlyn! So obnoxious when people act like because you have a small kid the partner should settle for bread crumbs. You working at being a good mom? Good do that. Stop acting like no communication is acceptable because of that. It's not. So don't date. Especially long distance.

I have to admit I didn't hate on Kenton as much as others did. Oh yeah he had plenty of faults, but people who claim "I was tired or busy or have to get up early in the morning or I have a kid" or whatever are just using those as excuses. When someone wants to communicate with you and spend time with you, they find a way. It was obvious that Caitlyn wasn't feeling it anymore. 

• Love 2