Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Discussion

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Is it customary to bring your beloved-even-though-you've-never-met-in-person a lap top and an ipad? I know it's customary in the Family Pedro (don't forget the flat screen TV, Pedro!), but it just seems like some of the foreigners expect lavish gifts upon arrival (No Paul, your creepy stuffed animals and litany of health tests do NOT apply). Then there was the panty explosion that was... creepy and weird too. 

It's customary in poor countries to give something useful as a gift and not stuff like flowers... Bringing money is even appropriate.  Abby is a student, she do need a laptop for schoolwork ( well to Skype with Sean as well) but of course she cannot afford a laptop. That's why she is hunting older men.

What I found weird was laptop + IPad.  One was fine.   His common sense really is different. Like bringing 150 thongs...

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

?  Why was Antonio speaking in English to his Spanish friend?  I felt  I was being extremely manipulated by this storyline.    She's a twit and he's a gigolo there's no more to tell

The production team asks them to do so.  Same thing for Abby and voodoo Gladys. English is not their language. Why would they talk to each other in a foreign  language? That's something I don't  get and I don't like with the show.  Pedro or Antonio should be speaking Spanish with subtitles, that's it.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

Is scabies some sort of an STD that is passed by skin to skin contact? Paul's head would have blown up if he was with Abby.

It's not an STD, and I can't see any rash at all.  Can you?  Can anyone?  

9 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

It sounds like Antonio talks to many girls at the same time...he's probably using the same lines about marriage and having children with all of them.  I think he mentioned that he likes international dating apps, so who knows where they all are!  My guess is that Courtney suggested the visit and he thought, "Well hey, if this girl wants to come visit me, I'm not going to argue!" 

And he gets to be on American TV, and he gets paid to boot.  It sounds like he texts so many different girls that maybe he wasn't sure which one was Courtney. He might even have lots of girls that want to visit, but only Courtney comes with tv cameras and tv cash.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

As Larry was talking about the red flags, all I could think was that the red flags seem to mean that they need to pursue that person even harder, not run away like a normal person would. They ask their friends advice and then completely ignore it. 

I guess that's why they are on this show. 

And I was so embarrassed for Darcy. If she would stop being so desperate and just live her life, she might meet someone. And cut that hair off. I think she would look cuter and younger with a bob. Jmo.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, gavinmac said:

I think many, many people who travel across the world to visit their online boyfriends/girlfriends don't book a hotel, because they are planning to stay with/shack up with the online lover.  You don't have to write down an address when you land in Europe. If they ask, you give the address of the person you're visiting.

Also, most of the Americans on 90DF are broke.  They're raiding their 401(k)s and borrowing money just to buy the plane tickets, they're not spending more on hotels unless absolutely necessary.

She absolutely should have had a back up plan though. A not dumb person would have.

If I hadn't already met my online dude, I certainly wouldn't be staying with him or shacking up at his place. The online dude and the real dude can be two very different people and you can have a very different online and 'real' connection. I know that when I land in the UK, my visitor card asks where I am staying. Not that Immigration usually checks. If I catch the Eurostar to Paris, I've just walked off the train and in to a cab.

I'd have a hotel or hostel or B&B for a few days first - then see if my dude is worth staying with after I've actually spent time with him. Or make sure there is a lock on my room.

• Love 11
On 9/10/2017 at 6:48 PM, hawkhd said:

Darcey can quit with the chokers whenever. 

chokers cover up a wrinkly neck.  The quickest way to determine a woman's real age is to look at her neck.

And that little gem my friends, I learned from Sylvester Stallone's mom.  (he was on a talk show and said his mom told him that important info about necks)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Patricia said:

I didn't see one eye way smaller then the other.  Look in the mirror.  Listen, I've been a long time reader, but enough with the BS on looks.  

She definitely has a wonk eye--I myself have the major wonk from a childhood injury so I'm especially attuned to them. But, speaking as a wonk expert, I think hers probably looks wonkier on television than it does in person. Maybe that's true for her gums too--I'm not an expert on those. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

That was too much. That is getting into Johnny Depp over accessorizing territory.

Is scabies some sort of an STD that is passed by skin to skin contact? Paul's head would have blown up if he was with Abby.

She is a lovely girl - I couldn't figure out why else he would be staring at her mouth with that expression on his face. He is a terrible host - no taking her for a drink or a meal, no offer of a shower or a nap. Taking a redeye to Europe is very tiring and the first day of jet lag is very hard on the mind and body. no wonder she was snarking at him. I do hope that when she left the pageant that she was booking it to a Marriott.

Scabies are tiny, little mites that burrow under the skin and cause intense itching. If left untreated, all the scratching leads to lots of broken skin and sometimes an infection. They're treated with an insecticidal cream. And, yes, they are passed from skin to skin contact.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Who flies in without a hotel booked?  When it's an overnight flight all you want to do is get to a hotel and shower and nap. And, as someone pointed out, you have to give an address where you're staying.  She's got a camera crew following her, so maybe they had her suitcase.  But it all seemed so fake.  She's dimwitted yet found her way to the cathedral ok? 

I traveled internationally throughout Europe for work every 2 months for 4 years. I was only asked ONCE if I had made arrangements - I remember that time because it was something I read would happen before I started traveling - but it never did happen -- so when it finally did happen after several trips,  I was totally unprepared (all my hotel booking receipts were tucked away in my luggage) and they didn't even ask to see proof once they saw that I would have had to dig to find it.  The most I've ever been questioned was to ensure I had a RETURN ticket back to America - and that was when I had a connection in Russia. 

Also, most of the backpackers I see that travel on a budget always pack enough for month travel in a backpack.How they do it, I will never know - but they do use laundromats in whatever city they are in, so you really only need to carry a weeks worth of clothes and then do your laundry. If she traveled often (as a backpacker) then it's totally possible those 2 bags were her only luggage.  Also, it's super easy to pack lightly if you're going to a hot country - everything rolls up nicely and warm weather clothing is lightweight. 

I NEVER checked a bag (during those 4 years), and always consolidated everything I needed in one super small carry-on + one larger purse (which doubled as my laptop bag during work days) - and the most I jammed in the carry-on was 2.5 weeks worth of outfits and was still within the weight limits. In winter I could still do the same, because you wear all your heavier items on the plane ;) 

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

If I hadn't already met my online dude, I certainly wouldn't be staying with him or shacking up at his place. The online dude and the real dude can be two very different people and you can have a very different online and 'real' connection. I know that when I land in the UK, my visitor card asks where I am staying. Not that Immigration usually checks. If I catch the Eurostar to Paris, I've just walked off the train and in to a cab.

I'd have a hotel or hostel or B&B for a few days first - then see if my dude is worth staying with after I've actually spent time with him. Or make sure there is a lock on my room.

I met a man online and dated him for a couple years. He wasn't in a diff country, just a different state.  The first time he came to visit me, I asked him to book a hotel for himself. Safety first. 

When I later went to visit him in his state - I had a hotel reserved secretly, just in case.

If I had visited him first, I would have booked a hotel, or an airbnb, or a hostel if money was an issue. I've met EVERY single man I've had a long term relationship online. Even with that experience, I would never meet someone outside of my city without having a safe place to stay. I don't care if you talk to them online for years - you can't put your safety at risk like that.

Maybe she felt she didn't need to have a hotel because she had an entire camera crew with her -- but they don't spend the night with you!

In one case I actually did talk to the guy for years before we actually met (15 years later and we're still great friends!) and when I met him for the first time it was in a public place, I told my friends/family where I was going to be, when to expect me home, etc.  

These folks take too many risks with their safety! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, fountain said:

On the age thing.  In Darcey's case I wonder why she wants it?  I just don't see much in Jesse beyond the body.  It overkill for his friends to call it gross because men do it all the time.  As a woman, I would want more than a boy toy, so it is hard to see the appeal.

Lots of men who get the young wife have a kind of parent/child relationship.  Darcey seems too nice for me to wish that on her, unlike say Chris who deserves what he gets.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

I lived in Pinellas Park for my teen/college years and I'M SORRY THIS WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER.  I haven't lived there for a while, but I'm on the fence here - do I admit to some friends still there that I watch this hot mess and ask them to snoop around for me.... or do I maintain the tiny ounce of dignity I have left and just hope one of them mentions it first? 

To hell with your dignity. LOL.  We want to hear the scoop.  

I have noticed that there are a disproportionate number of 90 day folks from Florida and Ohio.  I'm pleased to say that so far no one from my state has appeared on this show to embarrass us.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Scabies are mites that embed in the skin causing severe itching and rash.  Scabies are highly contagious and are generally transmitted by skin to skin contact, but it does not have to be sexual contact.  Scabies can also be transferred by clothing, sheets, towels, etc., such as at a hotel or when trying on clothing at a store. 

I think Abby had scabies because she says her itch is more severe at night.  Also, scabies tend to thrive in poorer conditions or where sanitary practices are not as stringent.

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Larry cashes in his 401K. And gets on an international flight with a plastic garbage bag as his carry-on. I wish whoever was sitting next to him would come out of the woodwork to tell us about it.

Darcy is so desperate it's almost sob-worthy. She keeps talking about step-daughters, engagement, "that's on you"... run, Jessee, run!!

I am hoping and praying none of these people get married. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

She is stupid a little bit.

She is stupid a lot.   She flies to Spain to meet a stranger and he doesn't even meet her at the airport?  He doesn't let her shower after a long day and then drags her and her luggage(?) to some event full of people.  I know she had to be ripe from her trip and sitting in the sun for hours.  And yet she went along with it.  What the hell?  Dude is far from being the best looking fruit on the tree and she lowers herself and loses her dignity for him?  What a weird world some people exist in.  She's not a bad looking woman and it makes me wonder why she could not have found internet love in the United States?  At least she speaks the language and can navigate a U.S. city, hopefully.  

Edited by tincansailor981
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I bet when she was at his current age, Darcy was way more attractive.  Perhaps that is her problem -- at one time she really was good looking and she's hoping some young guy will make her feel like she still has *it.*

I also bet Jesse's are a dime a dozen in Amsterdam and there are far more attractive Dutch men there.  I don't really understand why people conflate having a six pack = gorgeous.  He's borderline ugly.

Come on.  So when people are fat like Jorge is, they are ugly. And when they have a six-pack, they are uglier.

This guy has the typical Dutch features and he's hot.  There are no millions of them FAR more attractive (been there).  Question is more  about Darcey.

6 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

I have noticed that there are a disproportionate number of 90 day folks from Florida and Ohio.  

I was wondering why.  Some others moved from their original state to Florida (Mohamed, Paola...)

I think it's cheaper to get 2 ou 3 folks in the same state and be able to record 2 or 3 stories at the same time,  than having to cross the USA.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Well, you probably also wouldn't profess your love to someone you've never met and be making wedding plans before meeting. The people on this show aren't models of caution and wise decision making.

I once met a woman in the Philippines with whom I had chatted for a while on Facebook. Before I arrived she asked if she could stay with me in my hotel. I thought it was a bit forward, but I guess I'm a 21st century prude.  I'm saying the immediate shacking up is actually normal for these relationships. Darcey/Jesse, Paul/Karine, Antonio/Courtney, Abby/Sean, soon to be Patrick/Myriam and Larry/Jenny. All shacking up on Day 1.

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Who flies in without a hotel booked?  When it's an overnight flight all you want to do is get to a hotel and shower and nap. And, as someone pointed out, you have to give an address where you're staying.  She's got a camera crew following her, so maybe they had her suitcase.  But it all seemed so fake.  She's dimwitted yet found her way to the cathedral ok?  And Antonio gave her no meeting time, but she said she'd wait 30 minutes.  And then what?... She'd fly back home?  Why was Antonio speaking in English to his Spanish friend?  I felt  I was being extremely manipulated by this storyline.    She's a twit and he's a gigolo there's no more to tell.

And then she apparently waited 2 hours.

But I call BS on the whole thing.  Not that she waited, I'm sure she did, but I bet production told Antonio to stand her up - they needed to keep us thinking he was a catfish - that was their whole storyline. That's probably why he didn't apologize - he was told to do it!

And did we know that he was in his 30s??? Not that it's a huge age jump but I sort of feel like he's taking advantage of her.  Ugh I hate players.... 

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 5

I spit my coffee out several times reading this thread. Some highlights (what I found especially funny):

In the right angle, they look like dentures falling out.

God's waiting room.

I felt I was being extremely manipulated by this storyline.

Mambo Gladys

Look in the mirror

Puffy face and teenage clothes

Antonio was trying to make sense of her gums.

A choker on top of a choker

Pitting (playing) two old dudes against each other

OMG. A haven't cackled like this in a long time.

I'm 45 and my neck is as smooth as it ever was. Is it possible Darcey had her thyroid removed and is trying to hide or draw attention away from the scar? Does it look like Jesse has hair plugs (implants) to anyone else? Yep, there was total baldness underneath when Darcey's "hair" was pushed aside by her headphones, like the bald patches on a doll's head.

Larry's story is just sad. He makes me think he is MRDD and in a special program to help him attain independence. How dis TLC approve this storyline??

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Sprockets said:

Those eyes have been Photoshopped.  Who is that supposed to be?  

It's one of the pictures Cortney put online that they showed while Antonio was waxing poetic about Clear Eyes... what did she do to it?

I really wish Darcey would grow a spine.  Woman can stick up for herself without being bitchy.  Like when the friend was talking about in 30 years when she's 80.  And? Jesse will be in his 50s.  It's not like he's preserved in amber and only she will age.

Edited by Kangatush
  • Love 8

I just learned about the "Before the 90 days" is different from 90 day fiance and a new season.  My dvr was mixing it all up with last years old episodes-- so I'm trying to get caught up and watching them all out of order.

which episode was she riding the bike? Darcy? I have read about that here but can't seem to find that scene. I might have missed an episode, thanks!

I agree she is pathetic! Makes us middle aged women look bad. I never wanted to date guys in their 20s even when I looked good in my early 40s and was dating. Some of them wanted "cougars" and  wanted to go out with me (dating cougars seems to be a fad among 20 somethings)  these kids seemed enthralled by old bags-- but anyone that age could be your son and its disgusting! It's like dating your son's friend!

I also agree the guy who didn't learn one word of Portuguese, what a loser!

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Drogo said:

It's one of the pictures Cortney put online that they showed while Antonio was waxing poetic about Clear Eyes... what did she do to it?

She narrowed her face and enlarged her eyes - the left more than the right, to make them even.  Made her mouth bigger.  Then she razzmatazzed every lighting adjustment in the program.  That looks nothing like her.  False advertising.  

Also, I doubt she did it herself, because that would take talent.  

• Love 6

Isn't Cort's photo one of those snapchat filters that automatically does that?

10 hours ago, Bibi said:

Come on.  So when people are fat like Jorge is, they are ugly. And when they have a six-pack, they are uglier.

This guy has the typical Dutch features and he's hot.  There are no millions of them FAR more attractive (been there).  Question is more  about Darcey.

When did I ever say six pack = uglier?  I just don't think a six pack makes someone hot or attractive.

My whole point is he's not as hot as his family thinks he is, as he thinks he is, and as Darcy thinks he is.  Being in shape does't mean a person is automatically attractive.  He's got a huge forehead.  He's got bad skin.  He has a dud of a personality.  The only thing that is attractive about him is his physique.  But that alone doesn't make someone hot or attractive. 

I see hotter guys in my local grocery store.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Isn't Cort's photo one of those snapchat filters that automatically does that?

Yes, that's a Snap filter. Almost no effort or talent required (which is how Cortney managed to do it successfully). Their filters also even out your skin tone and basically make you look like a Disney princess/Bratz doll. 

• Love 10
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, Dobian said:

From the way he put it, he drained the whole thing.  Doesn't sound like much of a 401k when there was only enough in there to fund a trip to the Philippines.  I would hope he had saved more.

They just played a preview for the show during "Out Daughtered".  Larry said that he had to "go into his 401K" to pay for the trip.  So in other words, he took a loan. You are only allowed to borrow a max of 50% of your 401K.  A safeguard that was put in place for the "Larrys" of this world. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

God's waiting room.

This phrase has been repeating in my head since reading it, I love it. I have a couple of friends in the area (not on the wait list) and keep thinking of that when I think of them.

14 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

There's no personal income tax in Florida, would be one reason I'd move to God's waiting room.

Thanks Major Bigtime!

And I LOVED Mambo Glady's place, even more so that Jesse's parents house.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

I had no idea that was possible.  I do not know from Snapchat.  I am old.  

I am now 50 and I have second-hand embarrassment for the adults who use these filters all the time and post the photos on facebook!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, sasha206 said:
1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

I am now 50 and I have second-hand embarrassment for the adults who use these filters all the time and post the photos on facebook!

Are those the absurd photos with puppy noses on them?  

• Love 6