Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, snowblossom2 said:

Am I the only one who thought Dorinda didn't mean it maliciously. She said thanks for the SkinnyGirl Day because they went to the factory because it was part of B's business and B wanted to take them to show off her business side (though it came off as more tourist than business. However, they had SG hardhats, napkins etc). It was in drunk Dorinda's mind a SkinnyGirl Day and she said it when she was trying to leave

Don't forget the SG branded pitcher of SG margaritas when they got back to the house! ?

• Love 4

morning :)

about this:

11 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I also think that Bethenny really does believe that all the other HWs are jealous of her because if the shoe was on the other foot, Bethenny would resent their accomplishments. 

I was going to observe......

10 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I can see Ramona being jealous of Bethenny's start but not at her SKG business success, Ramona already had her own successful business years before Bethenny did. The same with Dorinda and I don't see Luann being jealous about anything with Bethenny.........BUT, I can see Sonja being jealous that Bethenny has her own money, real money but not jealous about Bethenny's business (Sonja doesn't want to have to work for her money, even taking care of an ill husband is too much work for Sonja)! LOL

I don't think it is fake story telling, just really bad/lazy editing. LOL

..............this here.   The shoes have been on other women's feet for years.  Every one of them acquired their wealth before she did.  My memory is notoriously faulty but I don't believe she's ever said an unkind word about their success.   To the contrary, she suggested a Yummie Tummie expansion line Heather had already thought of and sat in on and asked questions about Sonja's lifestyle brand meeting.   I want you to know I struggled not to put that in airquotes.

She was miffed about lateness, then shrugged it off.  Dorinda says calm down I'm on vacation.  She does calm down.   Dorinda mushmouths, picks up her steak knife and stabs the table and herself.  Beth takes her to the kitchen to rinse off her hand.   Dorinda tells her she doesn't have to be right all the time.  Beth looks confused and says I'm not right all the time.  Back to the table.   More mushmouthing, then trademark drunk Dorinda stuff - maestro arms, raised voice, less coherent.   Beth and Tinsley start clowning and mimicing the armwaving.  Beth says here comes the act.    The rest picks up here

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-18/videos/its-hurtful

Tinsley, Ramona, Beth and Dorinda are in the back yard by the pool.  Beth crosses the patio and starts back towards the house.   Dorinda intersects her and says I totally like cut my hand.  Tinsley and Ramona go back in the house.  Beth says you don't need to give me a psychoanalysis about my life.  Dorinda asks I gave you a psychoanalysis about your life? (then there seems to be dialogue missing) because Beth says no in answer to something not heard.   Then Dorinda says why because you're someone special? Because you were with SkinnyGirl today?  Beth says there it goes, it comes out, it comes out.  Dorinda says yeah ok whatever Bethenny, you're mean.  Beth says no you're mean, you came at me.  Dorinda says you're mean, bitch.  Thank you for your day at SkinnyGirl.   Then she sits down and says I've never said a mean word about you or towards you, I've stuck up for you for everything, haven't I?  then looks at Carole for confirmation, stands up, says do your shit Bethenny, do your shit.  And goes into her room.  Beth shouts at her thank you for the SkinnyGirl day, fuck. you.

Jealousy doesn't appear as an explanation until or unless one of the women start talking about SG.  From her perspective, it, and her accompanying success have no other logical reason to bother them.   Even so it's not her blanket response or default assumption when criticized.   Her response to criticism in this instance was I don't need a psychoanalysis of my life (because I already know who I am {said later}).  That's not a person who can't take it, it's someone who doesn't like it.   But who does, really? 

Luann, Sonja and Dorinda married men with money.  Ramona began her business with a family loan then also married into money.   Tinsley was born with money.  Carole had a fairly high profile career, which presumably paid well and the married into a wealthy family.   In or out of this group, the ability to say she became independently wealthy in two years by leveraging a shitty tasting cocktail into a $60M profit actually is special.   Trying to diminish that because you're mad at her is immature as hell but fuck me, it works on her every time.    I doubt they're jealous of SG, per se but they know it's the other Achilles to stab her in.  It's too bad they need liquid courage and whatever Ramona's on to tell her how they really feel.

• Love 18
7 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Don't forget the SG branded pitcher of SG margaritas when they got back to the house!

Maybe the trip was sponsored by SkinnyGirl, BRAVO, and the City of Tequila.

8 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

In or out of this group, the ability to say she became independently wealthy in two years by leveraging a shitty tasting cocktail into a $60M profit actually is special.

'Zakly!!!

• Love 3

It's possible that Lu expected an open marriage, with the expectation of discretion, sweetened with wealth and property, and a fun wedding and TV ratings to boot.

She probably hounded Tom about his tacky indiscretions, thinking she could convince him to keep it on the down low, and then realized he was going to embarrass her forever. Also, he may be broke.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Maybe the trip was sponsored by SkinnyGirl, BRAVO, and the City of Tequila.

'Zakly!!!

Not sure if anyone noticed, but in the credits for the episode before (the Tequila tour) it said "promotional consideration provided by SkinnyGirl Cocktails". Which would mean that SG paid to have their brand featured. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

It's possible that Lu expected an open marriage, with the expectation of discretion, sweetened with wealth and property, and a fun wedding and TV ratings to boot.

She probably hounded Tom about his tacky indiscretions, thinking she could convince him to keep it on the down low, and then realized he was going to embarrass her forever. Also, he may be broke.

I know we're not supposed to just say "Ditto!" after a full post quote but bless me if this isn't almost exactly how I perceive it. I presume these birds had a good pre-nup in place because I doubt either one of them would want to halve their net worth, even if it did mean getting half of the other's fortune. The court & legal fees alone would produce a net loss. Oh, they'd still each be richer than me, but why go thru the hassle?

13 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Sonja doesn't want to have to work for her money, even taking care of an ill husband is too much work for Sonja)! LOL

I wonder if in any lucid moments Sonja has ever regretted her extremely unwise move in refusing to dash back to the old boy's sickbed. I mean, you do NOT poison the well you drink from nor kill the gander popping out the golden eggs nor ... oh, you know! 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

about this:

..............this here.   The shoes have been on other women's feet for years.  Every one of them acquired their wealth before she did.  My memory is notoriously faulty but I don't believe she's ever said an unkind word about their success.   To the contrary, she suggested a Yummie Tummie expansion line Heather had already thought of and sat in on and asked questions about Sonja's lifestyle brand meeting.   I want you to know I struggled not to put that in airquotes.

She was miffed about lateness, then shrugged it off.  Dorinda says calm down I'm on vacation.  She does calm down.   Dorinda mushmouths, picks up her steak knife and stabs the table and herself.  Beth takes her to the kitchen to rinse off her hand.   Dorinda tells her she doesn't have to be right all the time.  Beth looks confused and says I'm not right all the time.  Back to the table.   More mushmouthing, then trademark drunk Dorinda stuff - maestro arms, raised voice, less coherent.   Beth and Tinsley start clowning and mimicing the armwaving.  Beth says here comes the act.    The rest picks up here

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-9/episode-18/videos/its-hurtful

Tinsley, Ramona, Beth and Dorinda are in the back yard by the pool.  Beth crosses the patio and starts back towards the house.   Dorinda intersects her and says I totally like cut my hand.  Tinsley and Ramona go back in the house.  Beth says you don't need to give me a psychoanalysis about my life.  Dorinda asks I gave you a psychoanalysis about your life? (then there seems to be dialogue missing) because Beth says no in answer to something not heard.   Then Dorinda says why because you're someone special? Because you were with SkinnyGirl today?  Beth says there it goes, it comes out, it comes out.  Dorinda says yeah ok whatever Bethenny, you're mean.  Beth says no you're mean, you came at me.  Dorinda says you're mean, bitch.  Thank you for your day at SkinnyGirl.   Then she sits down and says I've never said a mean word about you or towards you, I've stuck up for you for everything, haven't I?  then looks at Carole for confirmation, stands up, says do your shit Bethenny, do your shit.  And goes into her room.  Beth shouts at her thank you for the SkinnyGirl day, fuck. you.

Jealousy doesn't appear as an explanation until or unless one of the women start talking about SG.  From her perspective, it, and her accompanying success have no other logical reason to bother them.   Even so it's not her blanket response or default assumption when criticized.   Her response to criticism in this instance was I don't need a psychoanalysis of my life (because I already know who I am {said later}).  That's not a person who can't take it, it's someone who doesn't like it.   But who does, really? 

Luann, Sonja and Dorinda married men with money.  Ramona began her business with a family loan then also married into money.   Tinsley was born with money.  Carole had a fairly high profile career, which presumably paid well and the married into a wealthy family.   In or out of this group, the ability to say she became independently wealthy in two years by leveraging a shitty tasting cocktail into a $60M profit actually is special.   Trying to diminish that because you're mad at her is immature as hell but fuck me, it works on her every time.    I doubt they're jealous of SG, per se but they know it's the other Achilles to stab her in.  It's too bad they need liquid courage and whatever Ramona's on to tell her how they really feel.

Bethenny said, in her TH, that "all" the women are "jealous" of her success and I really feel that she believes that! I, on the other hand, don't believe that is true, at all. Like I said, the only one that I believe covets Bethenny's /success/money is Sonja and she wants Bethenny's money but she doesn't want to do the work needed to obtain it. LOL I also don't think Dorinda was trying to diminish Bethenny in any way, she was pointing out that Bethenny isn't "special", that she doesn't need to be treated any differently than the rest of them are, nothing more.

5 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I wonder if in any lucid moments Sonja had ever regretted her extremely unwise move in refusing to dash back to the old boy's sickbed. I mean, you do NOT poison the well you drink from nor kill the gander popping out the golden eggs nor ... oh, you know! 

Without a doubt, she has kicked herself over and over again! LOL

• Love 11
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny said, in her TH, that "all" the women are "jealous" of her success and I really feel that she believes that! I, on the other hand, don't believe that is true, at all. Like I said, the only one that I believe covets Bethenny's /success/money is Sonja and she wants Bethenny's money but she doesn't want to do the work needed to obtain it. LOL I also don't think Dorinda was trying to diminish Bethenny in any way, she was pointing out that Bethenny isn't "special", that she doesn't need to be treated any differently than the rest of them are, nothing more.

Mmhm, completely acknowledging that she said and believes it.  I agree with you.  Sorry for the confusion, I was responding to the impression from other posters that she uses jealousy to explain her critics.   I was trying to say there was a muddling of issues.  She answers criticism but jealousy is used in response to them knocking SG.

See I can buy this.  But you don't go to someone's birthday party getting upset that everybody's singing to her because everybody has birthdays lol.  That's a fact.  That has absolutely nothing to do with your acceptance to the invitation to celebrate hers.    Aside from that, she wasn't asking for special treatment, her expectation, and explicit request to Ramona, was that everyone in attendance be genuinely happy for her because she's proud of her achievement.   She didn't even care if they got shit faced AT the event.  She wanted her castmates to respect the chef's and her own time and fake being supportive long enough to enjoy the day in Tequila.  Which, to hear ya'll tell it, makes her the vacation police.  Lol.  I guess. 

• Love 15
39 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I wonder if in any lucid moments Sonja has ever regretted her extremely unwise move in refusing to dash back to the old boy's sickbed. I mean, you do NOT poison the well you drink from nor kill the gander popping out the golden eggs nor ... oh, you know! 

34 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Without a doubt, she has kicked herself over and over again! LOL

I don't know. Sonja doesn't strike me as being very self aware, ya know? In fact, she's as myopic and fixed as her bestie Ramona in that she rarely seems to see other's point of view. She probably doesn't understand her ex-husband's anger/disappointment about her preferring to club crawl instead of nurse him through illness.

Listen, I'm not one to knock anyone's hustle even if they take a route I would find abhorrent. But when you are hustling men old enough to be your father for their money and connections, you have to know that these guys expect you to at least pretend to be a wife. Yet I see it over and over again in shows like Snapped/Deadly Women/Dateline. Younger woman on the come-up marries rich daddy figure but doesn't want to put in the work (sex with older wrinkly dude and other wifely duties). These chicks think the old dude should just be happy to have a sweet young thing. They're not ready or willing to put in the work it takes to KEEP that money, mansion, and Maserati, honey.

Fifty-something Sonja is a big ole slutty airhead who is all about her cootie and her booty. You know she was worse 20 years ago when she still had some youth and a tiny bit of mystery on her side. Now everyone knows how she gets down, so she's stuck with Harry Dubin, fuckbuddies like Tom and Frenchie, and various pirates who hit and quit. Perhaps Big Lu can save her from herself. :-)

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think to Bethenny, it probably does seem like there is some jealousy from some. I don't think that Dorinda is particularly jealous, although she sounded bitter. I was glad that Carole told Bethenny that Dorinda wasn't jealous. 

As far as whether or not the others are jealous, I think it depends. Do I think that some of them are to a degree? Of course they are. Is there anyone that doesn't think that Ramona would have loved for her Pinot Grigio to have taken off like SG did? Nope. Anyone who believes that Lu wouldn't have loved for any of her various collections to have reached the SG pinnacle? How about Sonja? Anyone think she would not like to have anything she has ever done be a fraction as successful as the things Bethenny has done? Anyone think they wouldn't want the offer of a spinoff, or the $$ that Bravo pays Bethenny to appear on this show? Does that make them jealous? I am not so sure that in every case it does, but I do believe there is some jealousy and bitterness here and there. 

• Love 10

I'm sad that this season is coming to an end.  I really enjoyed it.  It was like watching a sitcom every week.  I laughed so much every episode.  I hope they bring back the exact same cast next year.  It really worked for them this season.

• Love 18
On 8/2/2017 at 10:59 PM, Teddybear said:

So odd to have that fight/discussion in a pool while naked. 

And to be hugging it out.  Yikes!

On 8/3/2017 at 9:22 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Loved how serene and beautiful Carole made fishing look.  

It reminded me of that previous time she went fishing on a lake (up at Dorinda's?).  I kind of hate the thought of actually catching a fish with a hook, but I think I'd love sitting with her while she's fishing.

23 hours ago, ryebread said:

One of my favorite scenes from this epi was when Sonja was just about to guzzle the margarita from the pitcher and Luann swoops in: "no, no, no".  It was quick but it was authentic.

I watched that little snippet probably a dozen times, for that reason.  Between that and LuAnn's perfume-ad (thanks, previous poster) fall into the bushes, I just can't hate her.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
I watched a snippet, not a snipped.
  • Love 14

I'm sad that this season is coming to an end.  I really enjoyed it.  It was like watching a sitcom every week.  I laughed so much every episode.  I hope they bring back the exact same cast next year.  It really worked for them this season.

Last year it seemed there was a lot of off with their heads, fire everyone but Lu and Dorinda.  I'm so glad Bravo didn't listen because right down to Tinsley this group has really gelled.  And major bonus they will all be there next year (fingers crossed) for the group choreographed I told you so dance.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Mmhm, completely acknowledging that she said and believes it.  I agree with you.  Sorry for the confusion, I was responding to the impression from other posters that she uses jealousy to explain her critics.   I was trying to say there was a muddling of issues.  She answers criticism but jealousy is used in response to them knocking SG.

See I can buy this.  But you don't go to someone's birthday party getting upset that everybody's singing to her because everybody has birthdays lol.  That's a fact.  That has absolutely nothing to do with your acceptance to the invitation to celebrate hers.    Aside from that, she wasn't asking for special treatment, her expectation, and explicit request to Ramona, was that everyone in attendance be genuinely happy for her because she's proud of her achievement.   She didn't even care if they got shit faced AT the event.  She wanted her castmates to respect the chef's and her own time and fake being supportive long enough to enjoy the day in Tequila.  Which, to hear ya'll tell it, makes her the vacation police.  Lol.  I guess. 

Dorinda came right out and said that after they got back from the tequila trip, that the rest of the day/evening was supposed to be unscheduled/unstructured for all of them. I don't think anyone wanted a sit down dinner except for Bethenny and I think she wanted it to talk about her SKG trip on camera. IMO, all of them were happy for Bethenny and her SKG achievement but they were tired and just wanted to relax, not get dressed up for a sit down dinner. It's fine and dandy to sing HB to the birthday gal but when she wants the song sung the entire party, it takes away any enjoyment for all, including the BD gal. LOL

17 minutes ago, eXiled said:

I don't know. Sonja doesn't strike me as being very self aware, ya know? In fact, she's as myopic and fixed as her bestie Ramona in that she rarely seems to see other's point of view. She probably doesn't understand her ex-husband's anger/disappointment about her preferring to club crawl instead of nurse him through illness.

Listen, I'm not one to knock anyone's hustle even if they take a route I would find abhorrent. But when you are hustling men old enough to be your father for their money and connections, you have to know that these guys expect you to at least pretend to be a wife. Yet I see it over and over again in shows like Snapped/Deadly Women/Dateline. Younger woman on the come-up marries rich daddy figure but doesn't want to put in the work (sex with older wrinkly dude and other wifely duties). These chicks think the old dude should just be happy to have a sweet young thing. They're not ready or willing to put in the work it takes to KEEP that money, mansion, and Maserati, honey.

Fifty-something Sonja is a big ole slutty airhead who is all about her cootie and her booty. You know she was worse 20 years ago when she still had some youth and a tiny bit of mystery on her side. Now everyone knows how she gets down, so she's stuck with Harry Dubin, fuckbuddies like Tom and Frenchie, and various pirates who hit and quit. Perhaps Big Lu can save her from herself. :-)

Yes and No. I do think she kicks herself over losing the money but I don't think she would do things any different given a do over. Sonja is lazy, she thinks men should shower her with money no matter what she does/doesn't do for/to them. LOL

9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think to Bethenny, it probably does seem like there is some jealousy from some. I don't think that Dorinda is particularly jealous, although she sounded bitter. I was glad that Carole told Bethenny that Dorinda wasn't jealous. 

As far as whether or not the others are jealous, I think it depends. Do I think that some of them are to a degree? Of course they are. Is there anyone that doesn't think that Ramona would have loved for her Pinot Grigio to have taken off like SG did? Nope. Anyone who believes that Lu wouldn't have loved for any of her various collections to have reached the SG pinnacle? How about Sonja? Anyone think she would not like to have anything she has ever done be a fraction as successful as the things Bethenny has done? Anyone think they wouldn't want the offer of a spinoff, or the $$ that Bravo pays Bethenny to appear on this show? Does that make them jealous? I am not so sure that in every case it does, but I do believe there is some jealousy and bitterness here and there. 

Would Ramona loved to have had her wine be more successful than it was, sure, but that doesn't mean she is "jealous" of Bethenny's SKG success. The same with all of them, I really think they are all happy for Bethenny/SKG. As for them wanting their own spinoff, that is different but at this stage, not even Bethenny got her own spinoff, it is with another top Bravoleberty, one of equal billing/popularity (if not more so). I really don't see Luann or Dorinda wanting their own shows but I can see Sonja/Ramona thinking they deserve one. LOL That said, I do think they get tired of Bethenny leaving their events early, if she even attends, because they know it reduces the chance of it making it past editing.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Would Ramona loved to have had her wine be more successful than it was, sure, but that doesn't mean she is "jealous" of Bethenny's SKG success. The same with all of them, I really think they are all happy for Bethenny/SKG. As for them wanting their own spinoff, that is different but at this stage, not even Bethenny got her own spinoff, it is with another top Bravoleberty, one of equal billing/popularity (if not more so). I really don't see Luann or Dorinda wanting their own shows but I can see Sonja/Ramona thinking they deserve one. LOL That said, I do think they get tired of Bethenny leaving their events early, if she even attends, because they know it reduces the chance of it making it past editing.

I think they would all love to have the offer of their own show, even one with another person. I don't know they would take it (who am I kidding, they would take it), but they would all love that they were given the opportunity to do something else on Bravo. 

You can be very happy for someone, and still be jealous. I am someone who hates the jealousy deal, so I use it carefully. I think it gets thrown around way too often with regard to women. If someone doesn't like someone, they are said to be jealous of them. Drives me nuts. I don't think it is as simple as that. I do think that for some of these women it can be hard to be around Bethenny because of her success at times, and of the fact that she doesn't need this show for her income. Could it help and supplement her income? Of course, but she doesn't need to ever work another day to be set for life. She can take her pick and do the show or not do the show. The others are just more stuck (well, not all of them, but some of them). 

• Love 8

As for Bethenny's comment, she didn't say when she saw the episode, just that she saw it, so it was misleading in a way unless you knew that they got the unseen episodes before the reunion.

She said she saw the episode "when you all did", meaning that night. Which was bullshit, of course.

They do the annual trip and it becomes Bethenny's trip and she is bossy and sets up rules and a few rather pretentious scenes looking for must see TV. 

Even Andy called it Beth's trip. The continual licking of the skinny taint is just gross at this point.

She's tired, wants to eat, bathe, and go to sleep.

Then she should've eaten, bathed, and went to sleep. Sonja and Luann did, and it's not like Beth doesn't have the pull to do whatever she wants.

Dorinda is a sloppy, messy, spit-speaking drunk, that's for sure (wouldn't we all be after that much tequila?), but I don't think she was trying to start a fight.

Right, the bolded is just fact. Beth knew good and damn well Dorinda wasn't putting on an act, and was specifically looking for a fight with Dorinda, which she got.

To the contrary, she suggested a Yummie Tummie expansion line Heather had already thought of and sat in on and asked questions about Sonja's lifestyle brand meeting.

Beth didn't suggest an expansion line, she suggested Heather should only do fitness wear (which would be comparable to telling Beth she should drop her booze line, and focus on popcorn). Instead of just thanking Heather for the gift, she had to do her rude AF know-it-all shtick.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Production clearly has some rule about them eating together or officially saying they aren't coming to dinner. I suspect because production doesn't want to push filming too late as one group after another finally decides they are hungry.

If there is a rule that they all eat together it has to do with the fact that dining in factions is 95% less likely to result in a shit show.

3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think she looks amazing.  These are both recent (well, from last summer). I like that she seems proud not only of her body in general, but of how strong she is and of the work she does to keep herself in shape. 

bethenny-frankel-01-600.jpg

29C02C4200000578-0-image-a-1_1434657696038.jpg

She looks a lot better in the oral bikini than she did jumping into the pool naked.  Of course how many photos did she take before landing on that one?  It's not like she just snapped one pic and posted it to IG.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, but in the credits for the episode before (the Tequila tour) it said "promotional consideration provided by SkinnyGirl Cocktails". Which would mean that SG paid to have their brand featured. 

Or it means they paid for the helicopter and comped the tour of Souza.  Maybe even the house.  It doesn't necessarily mean they slapped any cash down to Bravo. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Or it means they paid for the helicopter and comped the tour of Souza.  Maybe even the house.  It doesn't necessarily mean they slapped any cash down to Bravo. 

Of course. I didn't say they gave them any cash. That is not generally the way it works with promotional consideration. It just means that they paid for something (product, hotels, houses, cars, etc) in order to have their product featured on the show. So to the point about there being SG everywhere, this was part of the deal. SG would pay for whatever they paid for so that their stuff would be featured. It also means that it was a SG trip. So for instance Ramona being ridiculous about how it was a "group trip" to try and minimize the fact that SG was footing part of the bill, which would make it legitimately more of a "Bethenny" trip than others we have seen, is flat out wrong. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You acknowledge someone's success without being jealous.  Bethenny was better when she didn't throw that out there.  To me it is similar to when Bethenny gets bored and tells Luann to stop talking about her marriage-she is not necessarily jealous it is just enough on the topic.

When Bethenny was on WWHL, she answered a question about too much Skinnygirl and how that is her life and what she does everyday.  Marriage is also some people's lives everyday.  What was weird is she went to say some women come on the show and they are just housewives and the show becomes their job.  Well yes, it was somewhat of the premise of the show.  She came on unmarried and childless and her focus was her brand.  So jealous may not be the word, but I do think she tends to lord her wealth and success over the others.  She comes off a bit power hunger.  Even going so far as to say after Dorinda cur her hand she was responsible for these women.  No she really isn't.    As far as carrying out the Suntory/Beam message, which Bethenny claims they take seriously, "drink responsibly" she failed miserably. Both on her account and the others.  No where in a liquor commercial are they even allowed to show someone drinking a drink let alone serving up pitchers of drinking and getting naked. 

Andy claims all RH want a spin-off.  Some get a special or a spin off some don't.  We saw how Brandi felt being used by LVP on her spin-off. 

• Love 10

I am really enjoying Tinsley.  She has been a breath of fresh air amongst the same old, same old.  Considering Dorinda and Sonja were passed out drunk and couldn't even make it to dinner and LuAnn was falling down drunk, why are they criticizing Tinsley's drinking.  Do I agree with LuAnn that she should not have been using the "F" bomb in a public place "yes".  But as Jeff Lewis said on WWHL Tinsley seems fragile and I wish they could show her some compassion on some of her other issues.

Where does Bethanny get off with the constant comments about Ramona's flotation devices, er: boob job?  I don't necessarily think they do too much for her but they aren't huge.  I could take it from any of the others, but Bethanny?  She has big implants for a women with almost zero body fat and her current implants are much smaller than the ones she had before her marriage.  Those were really way, way, to big for her size.

A little off topic but, I was surprised by Jeff Lewis's negative remarks about Heather Dubrois on WWHL.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 7

Of course. I didn't say they gave them any cash. That is not generally the way it works with promotional consideration. It just means that they paid for something (product, hotels, houses, cars, etc) in order to have their product featured on the show. So to the point about there being SG everywhere, this was part of the deal. SG would pay for whatever they paid for so that their stuff would be featured. It also means that it was a SG trip. So for instance Ramona being ridiculous about how it was a "group trip" to try and minimize the fact that SG was footing part of the bill, which would make it legitimately more of a "Bethenny" trip than others we have seen, is flat out wrong. 

I know how promotional consideration works. Bravo is paying Ramona and has a contract with her-Skinnygirl does not.  I don't like Ramona but she has a point she has a contract and she has contracted to go on group trips.  I also don't believe Dorinda threw a party for 250 people for Ramona on her dime and everyone was invited.  The other women are free as are viewers to express Skinngirl overload.  By virtue of the fact they are in scenes with Skinnygirl, they have agreed passively to promote their product.  Bethenny is not a principle in Suntory/Beam.  Calling it a Bethenny trip is what causes angst with the others.  It is their trip, they go, get paid for going and are expected to be on camera pursuant to their contract with Bravo.  They don't have contracts with Suntory/Beam.  There are far more expenses to a trip besides lodging and transportation.  Production is a huge and the biggest expense and I seriously doubt Suntory/Beam paid for any of production or the production company took SKinnygirl in trade for their expenses.  I think Dorinda had it right when she said, "thanks for the Skinnygirl day."   It was a day not the entire focus of the trip.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Like the SG hardhats/napkins and the free SG booze at the house! And No, it doesn't mean it was a SG trip, it was a Bravo all cast paid trip with Bethenny as the assigned hostess with a few SG things, again, neither SG or B/S paid for or sponsored the trip, just a fraction of it (1/2 a day) was about SG. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Dorinda came right out and said that after they got back from the tequila trip, that the rest of the day/evening was supposed to be unscheduled/unstructured for all of them. I don't think anyone wanted a sit down dinner except for Bethenny

I'm just not sure how you came to this conclusion when Bethenny stated SHE wanted to go relax and have a bath and OTHERS were pressuring her to come to dinner with her. I heard Dorinda mentioning not wanting to be "rushed" on vacation, but I didn't hear a single one of them say they didn't want a sit down dinner. 

• Love 10

Is there anyone, here, who isn't envious of Bethenny's $60 million, or even $20 million bank account? 

I agree you should acknowledge someone's success without being jealous, but I'll own being green about all that green.  Personally, I think they're all a little jelly.  But not all of them are taking that out on Beth to her face.

Dorinda showed her hand to Beth during her tirade.  She's jealous.  Also, she was very upset about all the butt kissing Ramona was doing.  Nope. Dorinda did not like that at all.  So I have to ask, why? 

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I know how promotional consideration works. Bravo is paying Ramona and has a contract with her-Skinnygirl does not.  I don't like Ramona but she has a point she has a contract and she has contracted to go on group trips.  I also don't believe Dorinda threw a party for 250 people for Ramona on her dime and everyone was invited.  The other women are free as our viewers to express Skinngirl overload.  By virtue of the fact they are in scenes with Skinnygirl, they have agreed passively to promote their product.  Bethenny is not a principle in Suntory/Beam.  Calling it a Bethenny trip is what causes angst with the others.  It is their trip, they go, get paid for going and are expected to be on camera pursuant to their contract with Bravo.  They don't have contracts with Suntory/Beam.  There are far more expenses to a trip besides lodging and transportation.  Production is a huge and the biggest expense and I seriously doubt Suntory/Beam paid for any of production or the production company took SKinnygirl in trade for their expenses.  I think Dorinda had it right when she said, "thanks for the Skinnygirl day."   It was a day not the entire focus of the trip.

No, it was much bigger than that. It was the reason for the trip. 

Or course they would have still had a trip. Some random trip that one of the gals pretended to arrange and organize, for some random reason. Carole with that trip in her first season, Ramona with her Renewal trip (when she behaved as if she had planned every single detail, which she wanted constant accolades for), Kristen with Montana, and I think Sonja with the T&C trip (I could have that wrong, but I think it was Sonja). In each case, they act as if they gone to some great lengths to ensure a wonderful vacation for all. And the other gals always give that to them. They all know that production planned everything. But no one says it. They give them kudos when things are wonderful, and the blame (Montana) when things are shitty. 

But this one was different. There was an actual purpose and the reason for the season was being bankrolled in part by Beth's partners. She was more attached to the trip than any of the other gals usually are (maybe save for Kyle when they did Mauricio's deal). People don't have to like it, or like Beth, or like SG, but it was just different than most of their other trips. And Ramona knew this. So she decided to throw out the fact that it was a group trip to minimize Beth's role in anything. It was just a shitty thing to do and she would have been mad if anyone would have done that to her on her trip. 

24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Like the SG hardhats/napkins and the free SG booze at the house! And No, it doesn't mean it was a SG trip, it was a Bravo all cast paid trip with Bethenny as the assigned hostess with a few SG things, again, neither SG or B/S paid for or sponsored the trip, just a fraction of it (1/2 a day) was about SG. 

Just curious as to how you know this? Is it a fact, or it is just an opinion? Because folks have been trying to figure out how these trips work forever, and as far as I know, no one has ever spilled the actual beans. I mean, I know that the ladies themselves are not paying (or I think I know. I think they did way back in the beginning, but not anymore), but how do we know for sure that SG didn't pay anything? It is hard for me to believe they provided napkins, etc. Bethenny always has SG stuff everywhere in every scene. So having random SG stuff around means nothing. I would think that for Bravo to throw that in the credits, they paid for more than that. Which means that Beth's partners helped to finance something about this trip. Which makes it different than most other trips. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 7

I think production had a hand in the dinner issue and sent B off to get the ladies.  I mean, Dorinda passed out before the first dinner, and Sonja and Lu passed out before the second dinner.  They needed something to film.  I think Dorinda, in her nasty drunken way, got pissed and told B basically, "you are not the boss of me skinny girl"....  literally and figuratively.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I agree you should acknowledge someone's success without being jealous, but I'll own being green about all that green.  Personally, I think they're all a little jelly.  

I think they want her money, but not her life.  For reasons unique to each of them, imo, Bethenny's life looks unappetizing to the rest of the cast (Sonja = working too hard; Ramona = single motherhood and water beds; Luann= never got over that Skinnygirl car;  Carole = fuck that, where's my bong? Dorinda = I got plenty of everything and more; Tinsley = Bethenny's work-heavy single mom frantic "no-man" life is not what she wants at all).

If anything, I think these women might be more resentful of her success (for a bunch of reasons) than jealous (b/c nobody wants to be her, or have her actual life).  (eta: Which can be just as toxic as being jealous of someone's success, of course, but it functions differently, and in a less ego-pleasing way than Frankel thinks. Because if she can convince herself they dislike her for her success, she can tell herself that's why they dislike her, period, instead of admitting they might dislike her for how she's treated them over the years. It's a weird global permission to wipe out any validity they might have in taking issue with her. Dorinda called Bethenny out on her policing and screeching -- and was near to tears when she said it frightened her -- and Bethenny mocked her for it.  Dorinda disliking that treatment had nothing to do with Skinnygirl the company, but mouthy, thin-skinned Bethenny herself).

Edited by film noire
typos, clarity, run on sentences......
  • Love 11
48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I'm just not sure how you came to this conclusion when Bethenny stated SHE wanted to go relax and have a bath and OTHERS were pressuring her to come to dinner with her. I heard Dorinda mentioning not wanting to be "rushed" on vacation, but I didn't hear a single one of them say they didn't want a sit down dinner. 

Bethenny said on WWHL, to keep Sonja from licking her vagina, Carole said it was dinner time.  So Bethenny went upstairs changed her clothes and came down for dinner.  No one else was advised there  was a dinner time.  Obviously Sonja and Luann didn't join in.  I think it had more to do with the misdirect by Carole, which Bethenny didn't realize at the time was a diversion to get rid of Sonja. 

• Love 14
51 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Or course they would have still had a trip. Some random trip that one of the gals pretended to arrange and organize, for some random reason. Carole with that trip in her first season, Ramona with her Renewal trip (when she behaved as if she had planned every single detail, which she wanted constant accolades for), Kristen with Montana, and I think Sonja with the T&C trip (I could have that wrong, but I think it was Sonja). In each case, they act as if they gone to some great lengths to ensure a wonderful vacation for all. And the other gals always give that to them. They all know that production planned everything. But no one says it. They give them kudos when things are wonderful, and the blame (Montana) when things are shitty. 

But this one was different. There was an actual purpose and the reason for the season was being bankrolled in part by Beth's partners. She was more attached to the trip than any of the other gals usually are (maybe save for Kyle when they did Mauricio's deal). People don't have to like it, or like Beth, or like SG, but it was just different than most of their other trips. And Ramona knew this. So she decided to throw out the fact that it was a group trip to minimize Beth's role in anything. It was just a shitty thing to do and she would have been mad if anyone would have done that to her on her trip. 

Just curious as to how you know this? Is it a fact, or it is just an opinion? Because folks have been trying to figure out how these trips work forever, and as far as I know, no one has ever spilled the actual beans. I mean, I know that the ladies themselves are not paying (or I think I know. I think they did way back in the beginning, but not anymore), but how do we know for sure that SG didn't pay anything? It is hard for me to believe they provided napkins, etc. Bethenny always has SG stuff everywhere in every scene. So having random SG stuff around means nothing. I would think that for Bravo to throw that in the credits, they paid for more than that. Which means that Beth's partners helped to finance something about this trip. Which makes it different than most other trips. 

The reason for the trip is they are filming a reality show.  They are not filming an endless commercial for Skinnygirl.  When Top Chef went to Mexico their sponsor as in numerous ads and included the Last Chance Kitchen sponsorship was Patron.  It was not the reason they went to Mexico or the reason they filmed and toured the tequila production plant.  They were filming a competition reality show.  They also had other venues in Mexico.

Ramona wasn't minimizing Bethenny, she was asserting her contractual right to go.  For all the rotten things Ramona does, Carole has said Ramona has always wanted everyone on a trip.  It is how they earn their money since a number of them are on per diem.  With the per diem comes certain guarantees that they will attend certain events.  That is why Sonja freaked out over being excluded from the Berkshires.  Now when Luann thanked Bethenny for the trip, it was crappy of Ramona to bring up the group trip thing again.  There is no logical reason after six years of selling to Suntory/Beam Bethenny needs to go to Tequila, Mexico on a VIP tourist tour other than promotion. These women have nothing to do with the liquor business. 

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The reason for the trip is they are filming a reality show.  They are not filming an endless commercial for Skinnygirl.  When Top Chef went to Mexico their sponsor as in numerous ads and included the Last Chance Kitchen sponsorship was Patron.  It was not the reason they went to Mexico or the reason they filmed and toured the tequila production plant.  They were filming a competition reality show.  They also had other venues in Mexico.

If memory serves, they were filming a reality show last season. And the vacation totally rocked. Oh wait, they didn't have one last year I don't believe. Unless the Lu thing counted. If it did, then the reason for the vacation was Lu's silly engagement. Just like the reason for this one was SG. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny said on WWHL, to keep Sonja from licking her vagina, Carole said it was dinner time.  So Bethenny went upstairs changed her clothes and came down for dinner.  No one else was advised there  was a dinner time.  Obviously Sonja and Luann didn't join in.  I think it had more to do with the misdirect by Carole, which Bethenny didn't realize at the time was a diversion to get rid of Sonja. 

Okay, now I think I understand. I still don't see it as B's fault as if SHE was pressuring people for a sit down dinner. She was clearly under the impression that other people had plans for one. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Dorinda said in her talking head "One minute it is supposed to be 'oh it's just our night, we can do whatever we want -- let it all hang out.'  Now all of the sudden you're like 'GET TO DINNER! GET TO DINNER!' So it's throwing me a little bit."  So that's probably how Wirewrap came to the conclusion that Dorinda said it was supposed to be unstructured.  

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Dorinda said in her talking head "One minute it is supposed to be 'oh it's just our night, we can do whatever we want -- let it all hang out.'  Now all of the sudden you're like 'GET TO DINNER! GET TO DINNER!' So it's throwing me a little bit."  So that's probably how Wirewrap came to the conclusion that Dorinda said it was supposed to be unstructured.  

Dorinda was drunk as a skunk, so she probably had little and less idea of what was going on. At any rate, it just sounds like there was a miscommunication on all sides, which is why I thought it was a shame that it got blown up so big. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny said on WWHL, to keep Sonja from licking her vagina,

I heard that and cringed.  She said it to shock but she just came off looking like a pig.  Poor Brynn.  TeamJason.

1 hour ago, film noire said:

I think they want her money, but not her life.

Oh, I agree.  I don't think any of them want her life.  They are more aware of her misery and see the misery she inflicts on others, up close and personal.  Nothing enviable there. 

But the money in the bank?  Oh, yeah.  Because the clothes, trips, real estate, the personal driver in NYC?  Envy worthy.

• Love 12

If memory serves, they were filming a reality show last season. And the vacation totally rocked. Oh wait, they didn't have one last year I don't believe. Unless the Lu thing counted. If it did, then the reason for the vacation was Lu's silly engagement. Just like the reason for this one was SG. 

They had a trip to Mexico planned and then Bethenny got sick.  Then there was one to Hawaii and Betheny was too fragile to travel to Hawaii but not Aspen.  So they punted and went to Miami.  Luann's event was in Palm Beach and there was nothing even closely related to celebrating Luann's engagement in Miami.   That was their vacation, their trip they did nothing. Ramona expressed her disappointment. Plans changed because of Bethenny's health-they should have left her bony butt in NY and gone to Hawaii-there was no reason to go to Hawaii.  They just all wanted to go someplace warm.

They schedule a trip every year-there doesn't have to be a reason.  Last year Bethenny didn't go to Palm Beach but she did go to Miami. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yep, that's what I thought I remembered. No Bethenny, no SG, so no big cast trip. Just a last minute trip to Miami. 

There isn't a reason they go other than the trips are the highest rated episodes. They accommodated Bethenny last year who two weeks later poor sickly Bethenny was in Cancun enjoying the Mexican vacation all by herself. LVP going to Hong Kong had the dog rescue that few attended but the rest of the trip had stunning scenery.  For the most part BH gets the best and most trips.  Atlanta the highest rated gets sucky trips.  I would like to see Ramona take them to Aspen next year or even Vail (the truck stop) and Luann take them someplace exotic like Thailand or Dubai. Her number is up- I would say Dorinda but it ight interfere with her nap time or she would get bored because it wasn't about her.  Please spare us from Ramona taking us on an African safari.  Maybe it is time for a European trip.  They have kind of worn out North America.  I think they kid of need to lose the reason "dog rescue", tequila tasting or hostess but there has to a someone to pretend that they made arrangements.  Just spare us any more vaginal rejuvenation trips.  This franchise has to eliminate the Sonja/Ramona room thing and the drama surrounding who is invited/not invited.

• Love 6

the dog rescue...is a real thing...and that was huge of her to actually go there...super brave ..LVP now has a rescue in BH and walks the walk

Edited by Christi
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bethenny said on WWHL right after the episode, that only Carole told her it was time for dinner and that she only did so to get her out of the Sonja's molesting clutches (my words/her description). Dorinda tried to tell her that there wasn't any all attend sit down dinner planned but Bethenny didn't want to hear it. 

• Love 7

All this "are they or aren't they jealous of B business", perhaps, just perhaps, instead of being jealous they are all just fucking sick and tired of the non-stop Skinny Girl product placemat that has turned the show into an hour long Skinny Girl commercial. I know I am sick of it as a viewer; I can't imagine what it must be like for the cast members. And then to have the head Skinny Girl scream into my grown adult face about some infraction she has seen, forget that bish! 

• Love 13

I want them to go kayaking with Outward Bound in the San Juan islands -- you move camp, from island to island, via kayaking:

"Work with an all-female crew to learn fundamental sea kayaking skills, and then put new skills into practice as you paddle in and around the 400 islands and outcrops which make up the San Juan Islands. These frigid waters are teeming with wildlife, including seals, sea lions, eagles, gray whales and three resident Orca pods. Cooperate and collaborate as a team..."

Pay dirt!

They can get drunk on each new island (and then fight/cry/laugh/whatever) then smarten/sober up in the morning, coming up against new skills and physical action (comic: Ramona) and elegant (Luann, Bethenny) during the day. 

It's gorgeous, too:

kayaking.jpg

http://www.outwardbound.org/course/san-juan-islands-sea-kayaking-for-women/497/

Edited by film noire
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I guess I am going by what Alex said and what other HWs have said when they slip up and pull the curtain back exposing productions 4th wall maneuvers. LOL

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ryebread said:

Is there anyone, here, who isn't envious of Bethenny's $60 million, or even $20 million bank account? 

I agree you should acknowledge someone's success without being jealous, but I'll own being green about all that green.  Personally, I think they're all a little jelly.  But not all of them are taking that out on Beth to her face.

Dorinda showed her hand to Beth during her tirade.  She's jealous.  Also, she was very upset about all the butt kissing Ramona was doing.  Nope. Dorinda did not like that at all.  So I have to ask, why? 

Because Beth is as much an unpleasant person to be around as Ramona and yet nearly everyone seems to feel they have to kowtow to her? Also, perhaps she's still harbors resentment for Beth insinuating that she and John are cokeheads last season?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 13

I *love* Vacation Carole and her willingness to surf and go fishing. I liked that she mentioned fishing and growing up on a creek.

We did roses and thorns on group trips in college! It's a fun idea and a good way to vent without being confrontational. The reaction to Luann's misunderstanding was hilarious.

I don't think Bethenny felt off the rails until Slurinda said something like "you don't need to be the perfect wife and mother." Skinnygirl isn't her hair trigger, it's Jason and Brynn.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Juneau Gal said:

All this "are they or aren't they jealous of B business", perhaps, just perhaps, instead of being jealous they are all just fucking sick and tired of the non-stop Skinny Girl product placemat that has turned the show into an hour long Skinny Girl commercial. I know I am sick of it as a viewer; I can't imagine what it must be like for the cast members. And then to have the head Skinny Girl scream into my grown adult face about some infraction she has seen, forget that bish! 

Amen!

Then when she takes you a SG promotional event, she has to lord it over them the entire trip about how lucky they are she's successful.

Seems like the only words Bethany ever says is: dick, cock, vagina, titties, blow jobs, whore, Skinny Girl, and successful.  Every other word is her talking about her success.  Every emotional breakdown she talks about her success.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I want them to go kayaking with Outward Bound in the San Juan islands -- you move camp, from island to island, via kayaking:

"Work with an all-female crew to learn fundamental sea kayaking skills, and then put new skills into practice as you paddle in and around the 400 islands and outcrops which make up the San Juan Islands. These frigid waters are teeming with wildlife, including seals, sea lions, eagles, gray whales and three resident Orca pods. Cooperate and collaborate as a team..."

Pay dirt!

They can get drunk on each new island (and then fight/cry/laugh/whatever) then smarten/sober up in the morning, coming up against new skills and physical action (comic: Ramona) and elegant (Luann, Bethenny) during the day. 

It's gorgeous, too:

kayaking.jpg

http://www.outwardbound.org/course/san-juan-islands-sea-kayaking-for-women/497/

I don't know if I'm comfortable with anyone having to rely upon Ramona or Sonja's skills. I think Dorinda will give it a go as long as there is time for her nap. Tinsley will whine, but will try. Ramona was feral when they were in the Berkshires at Heather's place. In her defense, people were blowing up her phone because Mario had chosen that weekend to galivant all around the Hamptons with Kasey.

I wish they would stop with the bullshit tortured reasons for the trips. This wasn't bad. There is a reasonable nexus between Skinnygirl and tequila. Though it would have been slightly better with a new drink product launch.

I wish they would just give the trip heavy lifting to a friend. It means they really need to stop neglecting the friends. How many episodes of Sex and the City have some friend run into 2 of the women and ask if they've been to X? The friend will insist that they go; it's fabulous. There need not be any real reason that the housewives go to X other than their fabulous friend Y says it was amazing. It would also allow the friend to shoulder that hostess/cultural tourism part that never works for a housewife when the connection to the vacation location is illusory. RHoBH's trip to Dubai was ok. Melbourne's was really good because Chyka really does work there.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

about this:

I just wanted to say thank you for the translation. I watched the scene a couple of times and could not make out what she was saying. 

Dorinda just becomes belligerent when drunk. I don't think that Bethany came at her hard about being late to dinner. Loud and obnoxious? Yes. But that's sort of Bethany. 

I think all of the women are jealous of Bethany,  but of her perceived power over the show and how many more,  failed or not,  opportunities she has had outside the show. 

So yes,  I think the SG stuff is a way to poke at Bethany,  but I think it's in place of talking about her producer credit, etc.  .. No one except Carole actually likes her 

Something all of those women want is more fame. 

The one thing I never forget about Dorinda is John,  she's much more likable without him,  but like goes with like and there's a reason she's with the low blow /hey I said blow/ creepy dry cleaner ?. 

On a personal note, I'm so insulted he's associated with dry cleaning.  That was my grandfather's profession and he gives it a bad name. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 7