Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Make Out, Make Up

• Start Topic

On 8/2/2017 at 9:10 PM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I love Luann but man she's had the Palm versus West Palm Beach thing coming for a long while! Big difference and Luann knows it.

Hiding in the corner raising hand......what is the difference?  Sorry, I'm from Texas and I don't understand this argument. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No, Ramona didn't hesitate to invite either Jill or Luann on that trip and it was the first production planned "girls trip". Jill declined because she/Bobby had already paid for a vacation trip of their own around the same time and Luann had plans made already and didn't want to change them. Kelly hinted/broke the 4th wall when she declared that she "had no choice" about going on that trip, she didn't want to go at all at the reunion that year. Ramona was the "assigned" hostess, production planned and paid for that trip. LOL

And Andy was VERY insistent that she was not forced to go on that trip. It doesn't make sense that they'd let Lu and Jill stay home, but not Kelly. I know Andy is shady, but I believe him here. Kelly was out of her freaking mind at the time, so I don't believe anything coming out of her mouth. She was so paranoid, she may have THOUGHT she was forced. But I don't think she was. 

• Love 18

Hiding in the corner raising hand......what is the difference?  

I think one is really rich, and the other is really, really rich.

And Andy was VERY insistent that she was not forced to go on that trip. It doesn't make sense that they'd let Lu and Jill stay home, but not Kelly. I know Andy is shady, but I believe him here. Kelly was out of her freaking mind at the time, so I don't believe anything coming out of her mouth. She was so paranoid, she may have THOUGHT she was forced. But I don't think she was. 

Yeah, it never made sense to me that they would force Kelly, but not Luann or Jill.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, raiderred1 said:

Hiding in the corner raising hand......what is the difference?  Sorry, I'm from Texas and I don't understand this argument. 

@OldButHappy posted this excellent description of West Palm vs Palm Beach (cutting and pasting because I don't know how to link directly to the post):

"Palm Beach is Old Money...it was built for the wealthiest people in America (people that we now call the 1%) in the 1920's.  The railroad had been expanded south to West Palm in the 1890's, and all kinds of people began taking winter vacations there.  It had something of a "Wild West" culture.  In the age before air travel, the rich loved the climate but wanted a place where they would only interact with peers.  So a guarded causeway was built, and Palm Beach became an isolated enclave.  In 1926, The Breakers opened - a huge, elegant hotel built for one and two month stays for people who were socially affiliated with the families that had homes there.  

Social life was private and centered on old-school clubs - the Bath and Tennis Club, Bradley’s Beach Club, the Everglades Club, and the Sailfish Club.  Membership was as dependent on pedigree as it was on income.  It was as waspy as waspy could get - Joe Kennedy moved there in 1933, and even he didn't make it into the inner sanctum - he was Catholic (I'm Catholic, too, and remember my parents saying they didn't think that JFk would win the election, because "America would never elect a Catholic"!!).

So West Palm was like a frontier town, and housed all of the people who worked for the wealthy families.  Hurricanes in 1926 and 1928, combined with the Great Depression, decimated West Palm.  The people that remained were domestic and service workers, along with small merchants.  After the second World War, the city began to grow, but still had many very poor neighborhoods.  In the 1990's serious redevelopment plans for the downtown area were done (I was on the design team - hence my freakish knowledge of area history!!!) and the downtown area became very popular.  Malls were built, old neighborhoods were razed and redeveloped, cultural institutions grew, businesses moved in, and the city had transformed into a desirable and diverse place to live, work, and vacation by the late 1990's.

Palm Beach hasn't changed much - it's still an enclave for the very rich who want privacy.  The "old guard" still runs the clubs, but all kinds of millionaires now live in the houses.  The Breakers has lost it's luster and exclusivity but has a nice beach and is worth visiting if you have the chance.  I found the shopping area kinda creepy - very pretty but not meant for me - life's too short to get the side-eye from customer service reps.  And if you're driving around in a beat-up car, especially at night, plan to get pulled over.

So yeah....saying that you live in Palm Beach when you actually live in West Palm is definitely a bit shady, misleading, and pretentious.

Are you sorry you asked??  Ha!!!!"

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Yes, Andy did and he still insists that the women plan and pay for everything themselves! Well, actually, what he says is that "Bravo" doesn't pay for anything, he never says that about production though! Yes, Kelly could have refused but it would have cost her, her Apple! LOL Andy never admits to any Bravo or production influence, be it mandatory trips, reshooting scenes to get better angles or even that the women are asked questions to elicit their TH comments. According to Andy, everything we see/hear is organic and real! LOL

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BBHN said:

That still doesn't explain why Kelly was "forced" to take the trip, while Luann and Jill weren't.

At the time Jill's daughter, Ally had something SAT related going on and was set to go to her father's later in the week. Wow, that was a long time ago-now Allison is a post grad student and on her way to London.  Luann's daughter had her birthday and at that time Luann and Ramona were not getting along.  Bravo didn't even bother to do an invite and deny scene with Luann and Ramona.  It may be as simple as Kelly didn't come up with an excuse quick enough.  I believe the set up was Jill had told Kelly she should be friends with Bethenny.  What Kelly had said at the time is her agent had told her she must go.  I think the bigger question was why did Bethenny go just days following her father's death. 

By the following season everyone went on the trip to Morocco.  No one seemed to complain as one episode of the St. John's trip is still the highest rated episode ever for the franchise.  By Seasons 5 and 6 Aviva became the proverbial pain in the neck about going on trips.  RHBH had RH with dying relatives Season 1, 3 and 4. 

Alex McCord use to write columns and do videos for Café Mom and Stir-she explains a lot of the happenings surrounding the trips. 

• Love 4

At the time Jill's daughter, Ally had something SAT related going on and was set to go to her father's later in the week.

But Jill did end up going, which means whatever excuse she used wasn't that important.

Luann's daughter had her birthday and at that time Luann and Ramona were not getting along

Did she? How convenient...

It may be as simple as Kelly didn't come up with an excuse quick enough

I thought she did have an excuse, or alluded to other plans she had?

I think the bigger question was why did Bethenny go just days following her father's death. 

Naaah, not really. Not even close. Not sure why the question of Jill being "forced" to go on the trip when Jill and Luann were not suddenly has to be about Bethenny...oh, wait, never mind...

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, BBHN said:

But Jill did end up going, which means whatever excuse she used wasn't that important.

Did she? How convenient...

I thought she did have an excuse, or alluded to other plans she had?

Naaah, not really. Not even close. Not sure why the question of Jill being "forced" to go on the trip when Jill and Luann were not suddenly has to be about Bethenny...oh, wait, never mind...

Jill went late-as in the last night the others were In St. John's.  Jill and Bobby were  en route to St. Barths for Thanksgiving.

I am pretty sure Luann did not change her daughter's birthday to get out of the trip.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-3/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/over-the-emotional-edge  Ramona may have blown off her daughter's birthday though as it is the day after Victoria's. 

Kelly was just a mess and apparently didn't want to go but went and did not fare well.  That is on Kelly for going.  As Luann said, no one could have saved her.  I don't recall Kelly having an excuse for nbot going other than she thought it would be unpleasant for her.

Luann and Jill had pretty valid reasons for not going.  My guess is production has changed so the events did not conflict with these ladies plans. 

Bethenny going so soon after her father's death was an issue for Kelly.  Not sure why it was any of Kelly's business.  Many people take time out to mourn.  Bethenny is on a reality show and took the time a week or so after her father's death to deride him publicly.  That is just Bethenny, the others and the audience are certainly entitled to their opinion  My comments weren't really all about Bethenny other than to reference what these women had going on at the time.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Andy did and he still insists that the women plan and pay for everything themselves! Well, actually, what he says is that "Bravo" doesn't pay for anything, he never says that about production though! Yes, Kelly could have refused but it would have cost her, her Apple! LOL Andy never admits to any Bravo or production influence, be it mandatory trips, reshooting scenes to get better angles or even that the women are asked questions to elicit their TH comments. According to Andy, everything we see/hear is organic and real! LOL

I wonder if Andy would give the same answer now. In episode 52 of Bitch Sesh, Andy said that Beam Suntory was comping the original season 8 Mexico trip. I imagine that the difference between this year and last year was that Mexico was one of the trips last year and this year it is The Trip.

When the producers give interviews now, they'll talk about the trip logistics in a way that indicates that they pay for most everything.

That episode of Bitch Sesh concludes with a song they wrote. It's conclusion has a line about Dorinda and cocaine. It's pretty funny

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I imagine that the difference between this year and last year was that Mexico was one of the trips last year and this year it is The Trip.

Also, the trip last year was more tequila and Tequila centric than this one that was just a few hours. 

6 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

Everyone has added great info on this, my example....

PB: est per capita  income over $150k, median house value over 1 million, average age 65+, 96 % white

WPB: est per capital income 33k, median house value 207k, average age 39 years, 40 % white, 33 black, 25% Latino 

Source is from city data maybe that's not perfect but PB is old enclave of the every rich, and WPB separated by a thin strip of water and a couple of bridges is younger, and diverse area of all types of working class, Middle class upper class people. 

Luann bragging she's going to Palm Beach is like bragging you're in shape because you're a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader but you really are going to Curves. 

• Love 5
On 8/4/2017 at 11:58 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Not sure if anyone noticed, but in the credits for the episode before (the Tequila tour) it said "promotional consideration provided by SkinnyGirl Cocktails". Which would mean that SG paid to have their brand featured. 

Good they should not get all that for free 

I dislike Bethany a lot. She was ok this season.  The thing I mostly dislike about her is her what I find mean spirited humor.  I could careless if skinny girl products are successful or not.  

When Sonja was asking Ro if she was happy  I kinda of wished Ro turned the tables and asked Sonja if she was happy.  Sonja seems such a mess.  There was a time I liked her.  When she was so drunk it was sad.  At least she was in a safe place. 

• Love 6

Wait.  When did Andy state that Beam Suntory was comping the original trip?  Just curious on that.

Also, Beth stated last season that the original trip was going to be a tequila tour.  So, they were going to visit every tequila distillery owned by Beam Suntory plus pay for accommodations and airfare?  Bottom line for me is that Beth disguised the trip both times.  It was an SG promotion.

But in any event, what we actually saw was a half day trip compliments of Beam Suntory.  You don't get as many 'lower thirds' as that villa got when someone else is paying for it.  I would not doubt that Mauricio had a finger in that since it was featured on RHBH last season.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Also, the trip last year was more tequila and Tequila centric than this one that was just a few hours. 

That is an interesting reminder-I remember Bethenny saying they had a tequila region, a helicopter and a Tequila Trail I guess before she found out about the city of Tequila.  I though the premise last year is she was going to Mexico to try tequilas for some new Skinnygirl product.  (Apparently never happened.)  Upon review that would make no sense because Suntory Beam owns about four different tequila labels so why would they fund a trip where the ladies would be touring and tasting competitors' tequila?  More importantly if were a business trip to procure a new tequila-why would they want these women going?  I think there was enough of the Souza facility to satisfy promotional consideration.

• Love 2

Jill went late-as in the last night the others were In St. John's.  Jill and Bobby were  en route to St. Barths for Thanksgiving.

The fact that she ended up going is still shady, since it seems like her arrival in St. Johns was timed for the storyline she had concocted in her own head that season, more than for her own reasons for not going.

Who says Luann couldn't have done both, the way Jill tried to do? We saw Jill and Luann out for dinner and drinks while the ladies were in St. Johns, so how busy could Luann have been...

My comments weren't really all about Bethenny other than to reference what these women had going on at the time.

Mileage might vary on that, but again still not sure what any of that has to do with Kelly being "forced" to go but Luann and Jill weren't. Unless it was all in Kelly's head.

After watching Luann last season and this season and the "my husband is my rose" thing, I really don't care that her marriage bit her in the ass.

She definitely went into that marriage with her eyes open, and had more than a few opportunities to get out of that relationship before the marriage.

Upon review that would make no sense because Suntory Beam owns about four different tequila labels so why would they fund a trip where the ladies would be touring and tasting competitors' tequila? 

It doesn't hurt to check out the competition. Also many businesses buy out their rivals if they can...

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Wait.  When did Andy state that Beam Suntory was comping the original trip?  Just curious on that.

Also, Beth stated last season that the original trip was going to be a tequila tour.  So, they were going to visit every tequila distillery owned by Beam Suntory plus pay for accommodations and airfare?  Bottom line for me is that Beth disguised the trip both times.  It was an SG promotion.

But in any event, what we actually saw was a half day trip compliments of Beam Suntory.  You don't get as many 'lower thirds' as that villa got when someone else is paying for it.  I would not doubt that Mauricio had a finger in that since it was featured on RHBH last season.

I believe Andy mentioned it on a radio show in reference to why Sonja wasn't invited last year and why she didn't want Luann going (Luann was going one way or another).  Last year Bethenny said Sonja had a drinking problem and Beam took drinking responsibly very seriously.  (Guess that flew right out the window.)  Bottom line is Bravo is never going to cede editorial control to a sponsor.

• Love 5

I would not doubt that Mauricio had a finger in that since it was featured on RHBH last season.

If he did, here's hoping he got Bravo a good discount. Beneficial relationship to them both.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Andy mentioned it on a radio show in reference to why Sonja wasn't invited last year and why she didn't want Luann going (Luann was going one way or another).  Last year Bethenny said Sonja had a drinking problem and Beam took drinking responsibly very seriously.  (Guess that flew right out the window.)  Bottom line is Bravo is never going to cede editorial control to a sponsor.

I would like to know what Andy 'actually' said.  Lu saying to Beth that she was going said a lot.  It was not Beth's trip IMO.  It was production and part of their contract.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I read somewhere (maybe TT?) that it was the same subdivision/area but a different home.  I haven't personally verified that info and we all know TT isn't the most reliable but...  I do think Mauricio had a hand in it though.  I'm thinking he has a deal with the developer. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

I read somewhere (maybe TT?) that it was the same subdivision/area but a different home.  I haven't personally verified that info and we all know TT isn't the most reliable but...  I do think Mauricio had a hand in it though.  I'm thinking he has a deal with the developer. 

The villa they stayed is not part of The Agency's portfolio of vacation rentals.  I sure if contacted Mauricio would give them a hand. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Bottom line for me is that Beth disguised the trip both times. 

I doubt if Bethenney had that power.  There are BRAVO contracts, Beam Suntory contracts, foreign travel arrangements, Passports, etc.  If the trip was "disguised," BRAVO was the perp.  It's possible Bethenney was the mastermind and urged BRAVO along; she's one smart cookie.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

I doubt if Bethenney had that power.  There are BRAVO contracts, Beam Suntory contracts, foreign travel arrangements, Passports, etc.  If the trip was "disguised," BRAVO was the perp.  It's possible Bethenney was the mastermind and urged BRAVO along; she's one smart cookie.

Uh...  I didn't say that.  I'm not sure whose quote that is but it wasn't me!

ETA: Found it!  It was @breezy424 .  Not me!

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 1

Granted the luncheon, helicopter, dancing horses, and related hoopla of like 100 people welcoming their arrival to the tequila tasting was a big deal, but they also were on a bus that had "Tequila Tours" on it, so it seemed like the tasting tour itself was something any tourist could do.

• Love 6

Cocaine does that- I often wondered if she was on something?

When she told John to lay out some rails, he replied "you first"...and if the skinny bitch is anything, it's a fat hypocrite.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Yes, it was me who you were responding to, not diadochokinesis.   And my full post was:

What I'm saying is that it turned out to be a half day tour of Beam Suntory owned facility with heavy SG promotion but Beth gave the impression (disguised it) on the show that it was a tequila tour of the region.  I don't know what that has to do with what you're saying.  Bravo loves comped product situations.  They do it all the time.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, jaync said:

When she told John to lay out some rails, he replied "you first"...and if the skinny bitch is anything, it's a fat hypocrite.

Bethany and Ramona are both so high anxiety that they are two people I doubt do coke. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

What I'm saying is that it turned out to be a half day tour of Beam Suntory owned facility with heavy SG promotion but Beth gave the impression (disguised it) on the show that it was a tequila tour of the region.  I don't know what that has to do with what you're saying.  Bravo loves comped product situations.  They do it all the time.

I agree. One of the big jobs of the producers is to get comped vacations, meals, hotels and services.  Imagine how much they love it when David Foster's charity lets these women fly on a private jet to Calgary or Erika's husband's plane takes them to New York City.  Sheana from Vanderpump Rules had so many comps for her wedding one of the producers mentioned she should be hired as a producer.  I would not expect any of the women to b disrespectful towards a sponsor but there comes a time when they have to feel a bit exploited over another cast member's opportunistic use of the cast. 

My problem with the whole situation, is Dorinda was pretty clear when she said, she thought the night of her row with Bethenny.  Bethenny cannot expect t be so acerbic towards the others pointed out their faults and she feels about them and disrespecting Dorinda's home by screaming at one of her friends  and then turn around and freak out every time the word Skinygirl is used.  She is Skinnygirl and she cannot pick and choose when it is out of bounds for someone to throw a barb at her after all she says and does to others.  She cries, has fits, is incredibly vitriolic towards others and the worst part of this episode-no one can offer advice or an observation because she already knows who she is.    Carole was nice saying Bethenny reacts poorly to criticism but geez she has to stop putting it out there.  No one wants someone riding their ass all the time. 

The other thing that bugged me was these women stabbing their knives into the wood tables.  I get rustic and live edge tables can take it but it is just vandalism pure and simple.  The next diner or ten diners after that can get splinters.  So for all their lectures about class and society that is unacceptable. 

• Love 12

Bethany and Ramona are both so Hugh anxiety that they are two people I doubt do coke. 

Basically lol Though I could only imagine what Ramona on coke would be like...

• Love 6
On 8/4/2017 at 2:40 PM, jaync said:

She said she saw the episode "when you all did", meaning that night. Which was bullshit, of course.

Even Andy called it Beth's trip. The continual licking of the skinny taint is just gross at this point.

Then she should've eaten, bathed, and went to sleep. Sonja and Luann did, and it's not like Beth doesn't have the pull to do whatever she wants.

Right, the bolded is just fact. Beth knew good and damn well Dorinda wasn't putting on an act, and was specifically looking for a fight with Dorinda, which she got.

Beth didn't suggest an expansion line, she suggested Heather should only do fitness wear (which would be comparable to telling Beth she should drop her booze line, and focus on popcorn). Instead of just thanking Heather for the gift, she had to do her rude AF know-it-all shtick.

Not to say that she won't keep an argument going, but if she'd been looking for it there'dve been no need for her to have simmered down after Dorinda and Tinsley got to the table.   Of course, I can't purport to know for sure what she meant by here comes the act, but it is immediately preceded by Beth and Tinsley hearing her slurry speech and realize that she's hammered.  Which is why I think *the act* refers to handwavey jibberish Dorinda.  No snark, I am kinda curious about what else it could mean. 

Apologies, you're correct.  She did say Heather should focus on fitness wear.  And I agree with you that's a really ungracious way to respond to receiving a gift.  I was using my raggedy memories to make the point that the idea that Beth would envy the other womens' success if the shoe were on the other foot was unlikely, as she's had plenty of opportunity to comment on their good fortune, it preceded hers. 

On 8/5/2017 at 0:16 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Dorinda can make reference to the brand that Bethenny is most known for, a name which practically substitutes as a nickname for her, without being jealous. I don't get how Dorinda mentioning the Skinny Girl brand while drunk automatically equals Dorinda is jealous.  It is such a leap.  The concept of Dorinda being jealous came directly from Bethenny's mouth and it seems if people really like Bethenny they agree with the jump in conclusion.  I don't.

I, and other people I know, sometimes refer to famous people by the television or movie character they are most famous for, that they are most associated with.  Matthew Perry is "Chandler".  Ellen Page is "Juno".  It's affectionate nicknames we use as a shorthand.  Using the full first and last name feels overly formal when we're just in conversation.  Bethenny is Skinny Girl.  Dorinda brought up the brand name.  I don't get how that makes Dorinda jealous.

It's nasty when women have a conflict with one another and reach to jealousy as the first reason why.  Sometimes conflicts are about other things.  

Dorinda was speaking in the clip.  I don't know why Sonja and Ramona are brought up as proof that Dorinda must be jealous.  Sonja and Ramona tried to start alcohol brands.  Yes.  Facts.  That is not relevant to who Dorinda is or what her motivation is.

It sounds to me like Bethenny wanted to avoid the real issue and decided to jump on something easy to dismiss Dorinda, instead.  It's called an ad hominem attack.  Instead of arguing an opponent's point, you point to some irrelevant personal flaw that they have.  Bethenny used jealousy with Dorinda.  "Oh.  You're jealous.  I get to dismiss everything you say, because you're a jealous person."   This is a known tactic.  In fact, there is a joke about it -- people type out "jus jellus" as a way to mock this terrible tactic that people do not respect.

If Bethenny said something like, we'll discuss this in the morning because you're inebriated and not making sense, then I understand.  Instead, she used jealousy.  Um.... ok?

Context.  It wasn't that she mentioned it, but how.   As Beth is walking toward the house, Dorinda approaches her and says I can't believe I cut my hand.  Beth uses it as an excuse to tell her I didn't appreciate what you said earlier.  Dorinda seems either not to remember what she said or has no clue why Bethenny would find it bothersome or both.   Then we miss what I think might be an important few words.  Then Dorinda says you think you're so special, why because of Skinny Girl? Whatever, thanks for the day with Skinny Girl.    Let's say you and I are cordial coworkers.  We've been out to dinner.  For one of those meals, you brought your husband.  You say Zaldamo I didn't like that you red-penned the draft on my desk.  I answer by saying so....? what....? you think you're hot shit because your husband's fine? Girl bye, bfd.  What I said to you? (1) makes absolutely no sense; (2) dismisses your objection; and (3) should put you on notice about my genuine feelings.  For you and your man.   ;)    Long winded as usual, but when a person says something with an unguarded tongue, hypnotized, drunk, under duress, be assured that they meant its tone and content.    To be clear they're entitled to say what they want about anything, SG included.  I'm sure they ARE tired of it at this point.  I just need ya'll to quit pretending you don't know why Dorinda's delivery was bothersome. 

Drunkenness wasn't the reason she said it, it was the reason she had the courage to.   She was still loaded for bear the next morning at breakfast.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

What Kelly had said at the time is her agent had told her she must go.  I think the bigger question was why did Bethenny go just days following her father's death. 

To decompress from all that? Makes total sense to me. 

22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Alex McCord use to write columns and do videos for Café Mom and Stir-she explains a lot of the happenings surrounding the trips. 

Has she said anything specifically about whether Kelly was forced to go to St. Johns or not. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Which is why I think *the act* refers to handwavey jibberish Dorinda.  No snark, I am kinda curious about what else it could mean. 

I think the comment was specific to Dorinda saying Bethenny scared her. When they sat at the table, Dorinda said (something like) 'I get it, but when you turn up screaming outside my door it scared me a little" and Frankel made a sour face and said (something like) "Okay, this is just a big act". Dorinda pushed back/said it wasn't an act -- Bethenny made more faces and said it was - etc etc - until Tinsley and Bethenny were both mocking Dorinda.  

All Frankel had to do was say, "Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out", and move on - instead, she escalated/mocked.

2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bethenny cannot expect t be so acerbic towards the others pointed out their faults and she feels about them and disrespecting Dorinda's home by screaming at one of her friends  and then turn around and freak out every time the word Skinygirl is used.  

Pretty sure in Frankel-world, only Bethenny has valid feelings -- everybody else is either crazy, stupid, selfish, putting on an act, forcing her to speak "the truth"/"call bullshit" (via slut-shaming and dragging a woman with an ED) or just not "getting her".

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Has she said anything specifically about whether Kelly was forced to go to St. Johns or not. 

I don't care how people grieve so it was a non-issue for me why she went to St, John's-the other possibility is she had a contract to film.  She had taken time off before his death and just signed a spin-off deal so she probably felt she needed to be there.

From what I recall Alex was kind of they can't make you go but they can make you go.  Let's face it without Kelly it would have been four chicks on a sight seeing trip.

• Love 5

To me as well. Not sure why such a non-issue is getting so much attention suddenly...

No, not really.

• Love 6

If Beth truly scared Dorinda by her presence outside the door, ok, I get that.  But then why the Skinny Girl insults? Dorinda was sure throwing those out.  

I watched a show on the ID channel today and the description said "A Palm Beach Couple......", and I was thinking, but are they West Palm or Just Palm Beach. LOL

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

If Beth truly scared Dorinda by her presence outside the door, ok, I get that.  But then why the Skinny Girl insults? Dorinda was sure throwing those out.  

I think (probably) because when Frankel kept mocking Dorinda (for faking her feelings) that hurt/angered Dorinda, and she paid Frankel back in kind.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think (probably) because when Frankel kept mocking Dorinda (for faking her feelings) that hurt/angered Dorinda, and she paid Frankel back in kind.

I think we all will just have to agree to disagree.  The horse is dead.  LOL

• Love 6
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I think the comment was specific to Dorinda saying Bethenny scared her. When they sat at the table, Dorinda said (something like) 'I get it, but when you turn up screaming outside my door it scared me a little" and Frankel made a sour face and said (something like) "Okay, this is just a big act". Dorinda pushed back/said it wasn't an act -- Bethenny made more faces and said it was - etc etc - until Tinsley and Bethenny were both mocking Dorinda.  

All Frankel had to do was say, "Sorry, didn't mean to freak you out", and move on - instead, she escalated/mocked.

Pretty sure in Frankel-world, only Bethenny has valid feelings -- everybody else is either crazy, stupid, selfish, putting on an act, forcing her to speak "the truth"/"call bullshit" (via slut-shaming and dragging a woman with an ED) or just not "getting her".

This.  Bethany is so used to everything being a fight and people being after her,  I mean let's be real,  none of those women except for Carole, likes her. 

Sonja kisses her ass so deep I'm surprised she doesn't have a mustache. She keeps on her good side hoping it'll help her keep her apple. 

She and Luanne have a long history and are just surface buddies. I don't think she actively wants Bethany off the show,  they have good chemistry even when fighting, but she wouldn't care if she were gone. 

Ramona thinks she's HBIC and the reality is Bethany holds that title and it pisses her off. Plus Ramona is the only woman in this group who I see being not just jealous but envious and it's not only of Bethany. She sees every single woman on the show as competition and covets parts if their lives. She's a snake. 

Dorinda. I could see Dorinda being resentful of all the SG hupla, not out of jealousy but because it never ends. Plus, Dorinda,  while knowing how to keep it together, never forgets. She hasn't forgiven Ramona or Bethany for that crap they pulled with John last year. Yes his a slimeball and they reacted to that,  but they also went on the attack with him. 

Tinsley is too new to have the simmering resentment. But she doesn't seem to actually like Bethany. 

So yes,  I think Bethany has a reason to be defensive.  But if she could just pull it in, everything would go smoother. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 2

I thought that Dorinda's "Thanks for the Skinny Girl Day" was more a dig than anything else. I know that LuAnn at one point laughed at her car with "Skinny Girl" on it-- she showed up for lunch in her New Beetle Skinny Girl car for lunch with Luann and Luann totally made fun of her and thought it was ridiculous. I remember she was like. "You are actually driving in that?" hahahahaha!!!!! And Bethanny was so hurt and pissed. Now she has been successful with her "silly" brand and the women still don't respect her that much. Bethanny's story reminds me of mine a bit when I was 10.  When you are kid, you think that if you were prettier/ skinnier, etc., that you would popular and everyone would like you. Then you get an eating disorder and everyone thinks you are a freak.  I think Bethanny thought that everyone would like her once she got rich and now people really hate her. She seems the most unhappy, the most unlikable, and the most hateful in this season than any other. 

Also, Coco does really amazing yoga poses with her baby and sister and it's amazing. Bethanny in the first looks photoshopped, and in the second looks like a pageant kid, being ridiculous with a huge happy smile. You are upside down on your hands-- what's with the big gleeful smile. Ugh. 

http://people.com/babies/coco-austin-daughter-chanel-goddess-pose-yoga/

Plus, Bethanny's poses are just herself, featuring herself. I like that Coco makes it a family thing. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Now she has been successful with her "silly" brand and the women still don't respect her that much. Bethanny's story reminds me of mine a bit when I was 10.  When you are kid, you think that if you were prettier/ skinnier, etc., that you would popular and everyone would like you. Then you get an eating disorder and everyone thinks you are a freak.  I think Bethanny thought that everyone would like her once she got rich and now people really hate her. 

{{bravofan27}}

Coco and her baby are adorable!  -- thanks for the link.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

I watched a show on the ID channel today and the description said "A Palm Beach Couple......", and I was thinking, but are they West Palm or Just Palm Beach.

Or maybe (the horror!) it's a mixed marriage -- he's from Palm, she's from West Palm -- the West Palm Beach Story ;)

• Love 11
On 8/2/2017 at 6:11 PM, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I hope to never reach the depths of drunken slovenliness that someone has to force someone else's bikini bottom on my limp body.

I just watched the episode and as I was watching I was so happy that I don't drink and that none of my friends or family drink to excess. Nobody should ever get that drunk but coming from grown women their ages, it's really disgusting to me.  I have grown kids and what ever their ages, I would be so mortified, humiliated and embarrassed to have them (and their friends) see me like that. 

I like Bethenny but a chef being freaked out by somebody touching a raw fish was kind of weird. 

I'm still watching the episode and haven't read past the first page of comments so forgive me if I've said things that have been said already. 

• Love 5

The thing with Doris is that she had a really interesting life when she was married to Richard.  She would be my next candidate for Before They Were Housewives.  Far more interesting than Beth, past or present.  Even Sonja.  Sonja would probably be my third but So bs's so much that half the show would be....

I don't think it's always about 'how' much much money you've made.  It's about an interesting life.  Lu had it.  Sonja had it.  And yes, Carole had it.  Even Tinsley.  Beth can be richer than all of them but her life, not so much, because she uses hyperbole about everything.  She's not a special snowflake.  And, I think she throws out the jealousy card because it's always about her in her mind.  Everyone 'owes' her an apology. 

Yeah, Doris's thank you about SG was a dig.  It was about a woman who had enough to drink to let down her inhibitions and say what she really thought.  She's tired of the endless promotion and having to be a part of it.  I get it.  I was disappointed that she apologized to Beth because Beth also owed Doris an apology for how 'she' acted when she went to Doris's room and mocked her at the dinner table. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Not to say that she won't keep an argument going, but if she'd been looking for it there'dve been no need for her to have simmered down after Dorinda and Tinsley got to the table.   Of course, I can't purport to know for sure what she meant by here comes the act, but it is immediately preceded by Beth and Tinsley hearing her slurry speech and realize that she's hammered.  Which is why I think *the act* refers to handwavey jibberish Dorinda.  No snark, I am kinda curious about what else it could mean. 

Apologies, you're correct.  She did say Heather should focus on fitness wear.  And I agree with you that's a really ungracious way to respond to receiving a gift.  I was using my raggedy memories to make the point that the idea that Beth would envy the other womens' success if the shoe were on the other foot was unlikely, as she's had plenty of opportunity to comment on their good fortune, it preceded hers. 

Context.  It wasn't that she mentioned it, but how.   As Beth is walking toward the house, Dorinda approaches her and says I can't believe I cut my hand.  Beth uses it as an excuse to tell her I didn't appreciate what you said earlier.  Dorinda seems either not to remember what she said or has no clue why Bethenny would find it bothersome or both.   Then we miss what I think might be an important few words.  Then Dorinda says you think you're so special, why because of Skinny Girl? Whatever, thanks for the day with Skinny Girl.    Let's say you and I are cordial coworkers.  We've been out to dinner.  For one of those meals, you brought your husband.  You say Zaldamo I didn't like that you red-penned the draft on my desk.  I answer by saying so....? what....? you think you're hot shit because your husband's fine? Girl bye, bfd.  What I said to you? (1) makes absolutely no sense; (2) dismisses your objection; and (3) should put you on notice about my genuine feelings.  For you and your man.   ;)    Long winded as usual, but when a person says something with an unguarded tongue, hypnotized, drunk, under duress, be assured that they meant its tone and content.    To be clear they're entitled to say what they want about anything, SG included.  I'm sure they ARE tired of it at this point.  I just need ya'll to quit pretending you don't know why Dorinda's delivery was bothersome. 

Drunkenness wasn't the reason she said it, it was the reason she had the courage to.   She was still loaded for bear the next morning at breakfast.

Yeeeaahh!  12 pages in and I could finally sneak in here ?  HI y'All!

Well, to address the bolded part of ZW post.  I guess I just don't understand why it bothers them that the SG placement is so prominent.  Personally, if I had a friend that hit it big with a product of hers and it made her a multimillionaire, I'd be all WOOHOO, let's party!  Then if her product happened to be placed in all the social venues we visited, I'd still be tickled to know that I KNOW that person, that's MY friends creation.  In other words, I'd be proud of her and proud to be a friend, because I know that she worked very hard for it.  It's not like these girls are being forced to guzzle the stuff.  There always seems to be other alternatives for them to choose from, like Tito's (the suddenly new "it" preferred tequila).  Also, in the pic above with Luann doing the infamous "be cool, don't be all uncool", I detected the blue cap of the popular Grey Goose vodka along side the SG bottles.  It's funny how they're all sick of seeing the SG brand, yet they won't turn down the 2nd hand benefits of association.  Bethenny is hustling hard to get her product to become a regular stock item in stores and bars.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but what's to be irritated about it?  When these chick's go into a restaurant or bar and constantly see the well known brands of liquor, like Grey Goose, Patron, Chivas, etc., do they get bothered and wince and say Oh, Please, not Grey Goose again?  Well, if SG continues to sell and makes it on those shelves as a stock items, I would think that they would feel good in having a front seat in watching someone they know have big success with it.  

So, yeah, if they can't be happy for a friend's success (even a reality show friend), then they are Jelly!  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Also, Coco does really amazing yoga poses with her baby and sister and it's amazing. Bethanny in the first looks photoshopped, and in the second looks like a pageant kid, being ridiculous with a huge happy smile. You are upside down on your hands-- what's with the big gleeful smile. Ugh

Who's Coco?  That Goddess pose looks tacky.  Her sister is doing the bulk of it by carrying the weight on her legs.  All this Coco person is doing is sitting on her sisters feet.  I'm sure that Bethenny could hold a pose while sitting on someone's feet, too.  Knowing that Bethenny has been doing yoga for a lot of years, I'm sure the photos aren't photos hopped.   Don't know why Bethenny is being ridiculous because she's smiling in her yoga pose?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DelicateDee said:

Yeeeaahh!  12 pages in and I could finally sneak in here ?  HI y'All!

Well, to address the bolded part of ZW post.  I guess I just don't understand why it bothers them that the SG placement is so prominent.  Personally, if I had a friend that hit it big with a product of hers and it made her a multimillionaire, I'd be all WOOHOO, let's party!  Then if her product happened to be placed in all the social venues we visited, I'd still be tickled to know that I KNOW that person, that's MY friends creation.  In other words, I'd be proud of her and proud to be a friend, because I know that she worked very hard for it.  It's not like these girls are being forced to guzzle the stuff.  There always seems to be other alternatives for them to choose from, like Tito's (the suddenly new "it" preferred tequila).  Also, in the pic above with Luann doing the infamous "be cool, don't be all uncool", I detected the blue cap of the popular Grey Goose vodka along side the SG bottles.  It's funny how they're all sick of seeing the SG brand, yet they won't turn down the 2nd hand benefits of association.  Bethenny is hustling hard to get her product to become a regular stock item in stores and bars.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't, but what's to be irritated about it?  When these chick's go into a restaurant or bar and constantly see the well known brands of liquor, like Grey Goose, Patron, Chivas, etc., do they get bothered and wince and say Oh, Please, not Grey Goose again?  Well, if SG continues to sell and makes it on those shelves as a stock items, I would think that they would feel good in having a front seat in watching someone they know have big success with it.  

So, yeah, if they can't be happy for a friend's success (even a reality show friend), then they are Jelly!  

I think they're happy for Beth's success but at the same time they're tired of it being shoved down their throats, as can be seen since Beth chose to come back.  They are being forced to guzzle it because of the endless promotion of Beth's product which IMO ain't all that good.  That is what's irritating. 

And on a personal note, SG RTD or vodka, etc. is not on par with Patron, or Grey Goose, or Tito's.  Their popularity has nothing to do with endless promotion.  People happen to like them. 

• Love 9