Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The After Show Part 1

• Start Topic

I'm 15 minutes in and Jeremy and Bin look so fucken done with the whole thing.

Jessa, I mean Jess, is fake as fuck with her fake smile and keep sweet voice. She definitely stood in front of the mirror and rehearsed her answers.

Joy's name thing was something I would do to my crush in 5th grade.

Jana looks sad, I want her and Laura to run off together.

The Daphne woman looks so deranged, like a mix of Sierra and Bin's sister Jessica.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jessa, I mean Jess, is fake as fuck with her fake smile and keep sweet voice. She definitely stood in front of the mirror and rehearsed her answers.

I think Jessa, oops, Jess, is desperately scrambling to find an identity. Jinger has now overtaken her in the looks, style, husband and home departments. Jessa is winning the breeding race, but meh, babies are a dime a dozen in this family. Nobody really gives a shit anymore and with each subsequent pregnancy the interest dwindles exponentially. Jessa will soon become the Anna of the family where people barely remember she exists.

• Love 18
(edited)

Charlotte's sweater is way too big for Bethenny!  She'd have to eat at least five grapes before she could even keep it on her shoulders.  And you know she never eats more than four in a day! 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, ariel said:

I love Charlotte's sweater.

It's the wrong color. Should be mustard! ;)  She's adorable, isn't she?

I think Jana's not as timid as some may think. I think she's on the quiet side and speaks as needed. She and JD both.

Also I don't know if this question fits with this show or another I watched recently, but do you think Jinger would tell her sisters, or at least Jessa, if they're using birth control? I got the impression from Jinger's reaction(s) that getting knocked up as fast as she can is not a goal.

Edited by MissHavisham
eta: darn it. I didn't see there was another page. "Mustard" has been done.
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Kate got the adorable sweater for 2 pounds 6 pence at the Ye Olde Wee Ones Consignment Shop near the palace...

Those crafty Windsors.  No ugly communal mustard sweaters for them.  Unlike Boob, they know how to "buy used & save the difference" in style.  ;)

Edited by ariel
  • Love 6

Couldn't get through the whole (hijacked) episode

Josiah, once the articulate child talking head, has become creepy.

Everything else is repetitive and stunningly stupid. Having 2 children is different. We were happy to hear Jill was having another boy, because now we both have 2 boys. Um is that the score, or is she counting for the math-challenged viewers? Is it difficult to stick to the rules. No, just like we answered for the last few years, God, WE believe, hand holding blah blah. Just tape this for next seasons flashbacks and 'clip' show. 

The single guys still believe they are being 'safe' to have courtships. Safe? Who told them this bullshit? If they hold hands before engagement is that less safe? They only say they love each other once engaged. Supposedly it's risky to tell a person you love them in case you are rejected. What a crop of shit these losers have been fed. 

WE. WE believe this and that, WE. Stop the group speak. What do YOU think JD. WE do things differently < from who? Everyone you know is the lead cow, you are a herd. 

• Love 16
On 7/17/2017 at 9:13 PM, jacksgirl said:

Jinger escaping to Laredo is awesome. Now if only Jana could escape. I declare an FU internet moment re Tater Tot casserole. So they really all disliked it all along? And stupid host claiming "Mom's cooking is best." Obviously she never watched the show. MEchelle never cooked. 

We saw her make omelettes one time. For breakfast. Before church on a Sunday morning. When they were already running late. 21 omlettes. ? 

• Love 5

Hasn't anyone briefed Daphne Oz about who actually does the cooking over there? ...."mom's cooking is best"..???? She means Jana. I hope Ms. Oz is reading this board. She might learn a few things about this family that obviously, she did not know.

• Love 10
(edited)

If they only really knew Daphne. I've seen pictures of her cooking in a bikini. And I think she was heavily pregnant (don't know if that's better or worse to them).

Joy sure is a randy little thing, isn't she? She never stopped rubbing Austin's arm and hand. And kissing him so much that she took time out (on camera) to put on more lipstick. She's young and stupid, but she hasn't had this much life in her since she used to play with the brothers. And at least she got a guy who does something in life. 

I hope JD is just being picky and not being rejected. I think he's a catch. He seems sweet, has real skills, and I'll forever love him for talking shit on camera about what a creep Josh is. 

Edited by EmeraldGirl
  • Love 17
(edited)
On 7/22/2017 at 3:12 PM, EmeraldGirl said:

If they only really knew Daphne. I've seen pictures of her cooking in a bikini. And I think she was heavily pregnant (don't know if that's better or worse to them). 

Daphne is married and pregnant so it probably seems normal to them. But according to wikipedia she isn't due until winter.  It's her third child in 4 years. 

Edited by Temperance

The Newlywed game thing is lame. Jessa and Ben were married 2 1/2 years when they taped this. The other two couples? Sure. They ARE newlyweds. Hell, I don't think Joy and Austin had even settled into his house yet; they were just back from Switzerland and on their way to Israel. At best, they had a few days in a hotel together before leaving for Europe. I actually will be interested to see how much those two really know about each other. 

Wanna bet JinJer will win this stupid game? Jessa may hang onto Ben's arm like the little submissive wife, but we know who rules the roost in that marriage. Ben probably knows what Jessa likes and how she deals with things more than the other way around. It's not like we're going to get Bob Eubanks questions about whoopee. We already got the euphemism of "bible study" during part one. Did anyone else notice that no one touched that one? 

31 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Newlywed game thing is lame. Jessa and Ben were married 2 1/2 years when they taped this. The other two couples? Sure. They ARE newlyweds. Hell, I don't think Joy and Austin had even settled into his house yet; they were just back from Switzerland and on their way to Israel. At best, they had a few days in a hotel together before leaving for Europe. I actually will be interested to see how much those two really know about each other. 

Wanna bet JinJer will win this stupid game? Jessa may hang onto Ben's arm like the little submissive wife, but we know who rules the roost in that marriage. Ben probably knows what Jessa likes and how she deals with things more than the other way around. It's not like we're going to get Bob Eubanks questions about whoopee. We already got the euphemism of "bible study" during part one. Did anyone else notice that no one touched that one? 

I don't watch the show...do tell. Do they really manage to get a euphemism out of "Bible Study" and what were the reactions? Other than not touching it.

(edited)

I forget the situation, but Daphne Oz asked the couples where was the strangest place that they'd had....(pregnant pause)....bible study. 

It may well have flown over the Duggars' collective melon heads, but since there was dead silence in reply, I wonder if this euphemism is actually used by fundie couples in private? If so, it's kind of cute, but I imagine some sticks in the mud would think it blasphemous. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I thought the Bible study question was in a preview for tonite & it just showed Daphne asking the question, that we would have to wait all week to hear the answer on Part 2. 

• Love 3
On 7/18/2017 at 1:14 PM, Jellybeans said:

If the Duggars are all about babies, why does Jana get an exemption?

Good for Jeremy and Jinger for buying a modestly priced house.  They appeared very matured compared to the others.  Ben looks depressed and Jessa sure tries to control the dynamics.  

The unmarried guys need to chase some women, they are not aging well.

they at least need to be visiting families with available daughters that write their names on the wall. 

• Love 1
On 7/20/2017 at 11:23 PM, sometimesy said:

Couldn't get through the whole (hijacked) episode

Josiah, once the articulate child talking head, has become creepy.

Everything else is repetitive and stunningly stupid. Having 2 children is different. We were happy to hear Jill was having another boy, because now we both have 2 boys. Um is that the score, or is she counting for the math-challenged viewers? Is it difficult to stick to the rules. No, just like we answered for the last few years, God, WE believe, hand holding blah blah. Just tape this for next seasons flashbacks and 'clip' show. 

The single guys still believe they are being 'safe' to have courtships. Safe? Who told them this bullshit? If they hold hands before engagement is that less safe? They only say they love each other once engaged. Supposedly it's risky to tell a person you love them in case you are rejected. What a crop of shit these losers have been fed. 

WE. WE believe this and that, WE. Stop the group speak. What do YOU think JD. WE do things differently < from who? Everyone you know is the lead cow, you are a herd. 

they make it sound like once you start a courtship that doesn't last long before engagement, not long after that is the wedding, so you know........sex. Flip over to the Bates and they have relationships where they are "hands on" no side hugs for them, that last several years before marriage, so it's not everybody that's ready to marry within a couple of months because they just can't wait. If you leave out these ridiculous "courtship rules" and actually have some physical contact you may find out that maybe you aren't cut out for each other.

• Love 4

They're afraid to tell someone they love them before engagement? Isn't asking someone to MARRY THEM taking a risk that perhaps they'll turn them down? Lopsided logic. What the single Duggar courting adult children 'protect themselves' from isn't a sin...hand holding, saying I love you, spending even ONE MOMENT alone together, KISSING...full hugging...they're unnecessarily severe. It just makes life harder if you ask me. What is they REGRET their over the top cautions later in life? Isn't that risking regret just the same?

• Love 3

I found it interesting that Jana has thought about how she would have her children - in a birthing center.  I suspect she's in a relationship and just not willing to share about it on the show.  She was fairly chatty about knowing that Joy was dreaming of Austin long before it became a reality.  And speaking of reality, since these reality shows are all pretty fake, is it possible that they all are just playing modest for the cameras, but that they're slightly more mainstream than they appear?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

And speaking of reality, since these reality shows are all pretty fake, is it possible that they all are just playing modest for the cameras, but that they're slightly more mainstream than they appear?  

I hope your are right, but sadly I think they are more looney than they appear. 

• Love 6
(edited)

what shocked me during this episode is when Jessa said to Joy that it is ok to get an epidural -like plan before the onset of labor to get an epidural. I thought an Epidural was a major sin with Duggar women. an epidural means a hospital or birthing center right? or did they discover a backdoor DR/PA/Midwife who administers the drug while they labor in their living room ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, sATL said:

what shocked me during this episode is when Jessa said to Joy that it is ok to get an epidural -like plan before the onset of labor to get an epidural. I thought an Epidural was a major sin with Duggar women. an epidural means a hospital or birthing center right? or did they discover a backdoor DR/PA/Midwife who administers the drug while they labor in their living room ?

I don't know what to make of that.  I had my child over 30 years ago with a pudental (sp) block, in a hospital, and doesn't an epidural involve numbing the entire lower body?  So I don't even think a certified licensed midwife could give one of those.  At least not outside of a licensed facility.  

I never had an epidural during my labors, but doesn't the doctor have to give the woman the shot as it's in between the discs of your spine? It's pretty tricky to get it in exactly the right place; I would hope that an unlicensed midwife wouldn't attempt that in someone's home. With this family, as it's been said; you never know.

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I don't know what to make of that.  I had my child over 30 years ago with a pudental (sp) block, in a hospital, and doesn't an epidural involve numbing the entire lower body?  So I don't even think a certified licensed midwife could give one of those.  At least not outside of a licensed facility.  

It would have to be administered by an anesthesiologist or a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist) which means admission to a real hospital.

• Love 11
On 7/19/2017 at 11:05 AM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Guys, actually that's not a mistake! State-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs. "I'm good" is perfectly fine. It is not "finely." See what I mean?

We say a dog is brown, not brownly, and a lemon is sour, not sourly. A person can be good (in a positive state) or well (medically sound), and both are acceptable! (Not acceptably!) 

Wait, so it correct to say, "I feel horrible" or "I feel horribly"? 

On 7/18/2017 at 11:48 PM, Genevrier said:

Also in that early part, Jessa introduced herself as 'Jess.' 

And then "Jess" turned away. No, "nice to meet you" or anything. So socially awkward. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Wait, so it correct to say, "I feel horrible" or "I feel horribly"? 

"Feel" works like "am" for the most part; "I feel horrible" is correct if you mean that you feel under the weather, guilty, etc. "I feel horribly" would mean "I'm really bad at using my hands to physically feel things."

• Love 8
On 2017-07-28 at 2:32 PM, sATL said:

Didn't Michelle deliver mostly in a hospital? So it's really only the "new generation" who has the baby at home.

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Ciarrai said:

Didn't Michelle deliver mostly in a hospital? So it's really only the "new generation" who has the baby at home.

I think so. Understandably with the 2 set of twins and Josie. According to a blog, Jinger was the 1st home birth. ( link ).  Kelly Bates home birth record may be slightly better ( link )

Edited by sATL

That's Lilly and Ellie's fan blog. 

At any rate, Jinger and Joe were Mechelle's only homebirths. The rumor is that they owed the hospital after Jessa's birth (she was the biggest Duggarspawn at almost 10 lbs.), but this has never been substantiated. 

But I do remember Jinger standing amongst racks of clothes at the Johnson Rd. house in the first special declaring that she was born in that room. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's Lilly and Ellie's fan blog. 

At any rate, Jinger and Joe were Mechelle's only homebirths. The rumor is that they owed the hospital after Jessa's birth (she was the biggest Duggarspawn at almost 10 lbs.), but this has never been substantiated. 

But I do remember Jinger standing amongst racks of clothes at the Johnson Rd. house in the first special declaring that she was born in that room. 

Speaking of which, I wonder how much are the home births costing? Yes, less than an inpatient hospital stay but if a midwife is on stand-by or on-call for 40+ hrs ,as in Jill's cases, they should be compensated

(edited)
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

Speaking of which, I wonder how much are the home births costing? Yes, less than an inpatient hospital stay but if a midwife is on stand-by or on-call for 40+ hrs ,as in Jill's cases, they should be compensated

These are lay, unlicensed women who refer to themselves as 'midwives' but don't have the credentials. If they billed for their services as midwives, it would be illegal and they could be arrested for practicing medicine without a license.  They probably bill their services as 'labor support' or 'doula services'.  In my neck of the woods, a doula charges $300-500 for this.  However, even licensed midwives aren't present for the entire labor at home.  Generally, they arrive when the woman is in active labor and leave an hour or two after the birth.  If they come and the woman isn't in active labor, they leave and don't return until things heat up. There's obviously a huge variability in length of labor, but most home births take 4-8 hours of the midwife's time.  I can guarantee you that Jill's birth attendants weren't there for 40 hours.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

AR midwives have taken the NARM in addition to required state testing for licensure. There are only a handful of these midwives in the state (less than 20, IIRC. I have the actual names on my laptop). Jill passed the NARM but never took the state exam, so she would qualify under what @doodlebug noted as birth support/doula. 

I wonder if she charged Jessa for her services. 

• Love 1