Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: The After Show Part 1

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jana has to stare at her parents' ugly mugs, listen to their repetitive bullsh!t, be the caregiver to their unruly mob...EVERY...SINGLE...DAY...

Wouldn't you be damned depressed?

She's a hero for not jumping off a nearby bridge years ago.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 14
On 7/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, mythoughtis said:

before they gathered them all together.  I was amused by the ' each couple  sets their own courtship rules ' and 'Ben had trouble following the rules'How could he have trouble -  they were never left alone to he able to break  any rules. 

Maybe he lusted in his heart, like former President Carter.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

Also bonus points for Jinger for her clothes - it might have been a dress but it was nearly sleeveless when the other three all had long sleeve sweaters.  Jinger doesn't care about her "defrauding shoulders" (as she shouldn't).

Now that I have finally made it through the yawnfest - At the beginning they were being offered clothing choices from the production people. I hope Jinger gets to keep that green dress. It looked great on her. And if you saw her walking in the background, it was well above the knee in addition to being sleeveless. It seems like an excellent choice for summer in Texas.

Also in that early part, Jessa introduced herself as 'Jess.' I thought that was interesting. She's maybe finding her own identity a little more. Later in the interview she showed some genuine self-awareness when she spoke of how Jinger is more in tune with others' feelings and is sincerely caring about people. While Jessa, according to herself (and I think no one here would disagree), struggles with that. But being a wife and mother is helping her develop empathy. I am sure she didn't actually say 'empathy,' but that's more or less the gist of it. She was certainly working hard to keep the show moving, which is good. You know, because that is actually her job. I didnt see anything more off than usual about Ben. 

John David is goofy but he seems likeable enough. I can't say the same about Josiah. Something about that one rubs me the wrong way. EVERYTHING about Daphne Oz rubs me the wrong way. She's ditzy. I can hardly believe there is still another hour of this inanity. And worse, that I'll probably watch it.

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jana has to stare at her parents' ugly mugs, listen to their repetitive bullsh!t, be the caregiver to their unruly mob...EVERY...SINGLE...DAY...

Wouldn't you be damned depressed?

She's a hero for not jumping off a nearby bridge years ago.

But the worst has to be NEVER A FUCKING MOMENT OF PRIVACY EVER.  Honestly, it's  abusive.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, cereality said:

It's not all that hard to get pot and even easier to get alcohol (he's over 21 now right)? Ben is a fairly friendly guy whose full time job is being JB's errand boy. In all likelihood JB is sending him around town to various properties that are being worked on -- to check in on contractors; to drop off/pick up a key -- and to building supply stores to pick up materials etc. He's an outgoing guy when he's away from the Duggars -- all it takes is showing up someplace, not finding who you are looking for, walking around to look for the guy to find him behind his van smoking weed -- boom Bin gets introduced to weed and maybe even makes a friend who he can buy from.

On a different note -- since Jer and Jing are seemingly leaning fundie lite, I just realized -- they probably have or will get a TV right!? I'm sure Jer grew up in a home with TV or at least had access to it at his grandparents etc. Plus as an ex soccer player, he may have an interest in watching his former teams and friends like Luis who are still in the league. If Jing has gotten access to a TV, it's like a whole new world. Not suggesting she's diving right into XXX movies, but she could even watch 90s sitcoms like Friends and learn -- women don't always have to do what's expected, they can stand up for themselves, get a job, start over etc. (i.e. Rachel). How empowering . . . in addition to Jer who I think would support her if she wanted to start up a photography business in Laredo servicing a market besides her sisters or even get a job at a photography studio or coffee shop or wherever. We were shown Jer's book collection. I wonder if it's 100% religious or if he has some secular stuff in there; I really hope even 5% of it is books from college or athlete biographies or certain favorites from when he was a kid -- it would be something for Jinger to discover non-religious reading material too.

Unfortunately, Jeremy responded to an Instagram post asking about his reading tastes. He said that if he wasn't reading religious support texts for study, he preferred bios of....religious leaders! Not a lot of hope down this path, I'm afraid. 

They can also watch the MLS on ESPN online. I really don't see that they're going fundie lite doctrinally at all. Don't let the clothes or the mortgage fool you! Remember how people fell for Derick at first (I wasn't one of them). We all know how THAT turned out. 

• Love 5

Finally watched, well fast-forwarded through some, and it certainly was the Jessa Show. I wanted the interviewer to ask Jeremy if it was his first kiss. We know it wasn't. I thought Austin DID like his "sassy" wife. I guess I'll fast-forward through the next one, too.

• Love 3

Daphne appeared to be vapid and clumsy in trying to relate to them. However, it seemed to work since they seemed at ease with her.

I do have to give props to the person who taught some of them how to use the word well in a sentence instead of the usual good.  I usually grit my teeth when any of them are asked how they are doing. Now I have to rewatch to see if it was those in the JerJing sphere who caught on.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Daphne appeared to be vapid and clumsy in trying to relate to them. However, it seemed to work since they seemed at ease with her.

I do have to give props to the person who taught some of them how to use the word well in a sentence instead of the usual good.  I usually grit my teeth when any of them are asked how they are doing. Now I have to rewatch to see if it was those in the JerJing sphere who caught on.

I'll admit that I can be guilty of the same thing in casual conversation. It's entirely possible that it's a rule they were taught at some point which sort of goes by the wayside when speaking but is still remembered when writing or speaking more formally. Or am I giving them too much credit?

In any case, good for whichever of them made at least that much effort.

• Love 2

I finally watched the whole thing. 

Jessa is trying really hard & Ben is really uncomfortable in a Duggar group.  Ben needs to work on camera presence or something. Or seat him in the back. He is not good on these group interviews. Doesn't TLC have a coach or a media person to help him?  

Jana & JD were the most engaging and open, that I have ever seen.  Trying to hook a spouse?  JD really had a good night.  I actually wanted to hear more from JD and Jana. JD was also dressed nicely in a cheery color. He is being marketed, ladies! 

Jeremy and Jinger seemed fine. Not too chatty and not too cold. I think they did a good job. Loved Jinger's dress!!! 

Daphne Oz  seemed to connect with the Duggars and that definitely helped give the show and a little spark. (very little)

• Love 2

OK, I know I may have seemed like the grammar police. However, Michelle (head teacher, principal, and superintendent of the SOTDT) more often than not replies "J..... is doing good" which I find ironic because they are NOT doing good works which is what that implies.

• Love 6

Guys, actually that's not a mistake! State-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs. "I'm good" is perfectly fine. It is not "finely." See what I mean?

We say a dog is brown, not brownly, and a lemon is sour, not sourly. A person can be good (in a positive state) or well (medically sound), and both are acceptable! (Not acceptably!) 

• Love 10

Anyone else think Jessa was loving the fact that Jill wasn't there?  Please stop trying to push the Jessa\Jill friendship!  I think Jessa and Jana get along better than Jill and well anyone except Joy.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

Anyone else think Jessa was loving the fact that Jill wasn't there?  Please stop trying to push the Jessa\Jill friendship!  I think Jessa and Jana get along better than Jill and well anyone except Joy.

Jill was Daddy's favorite and Jessa was Mommy's favorite. I'm not surprised they can't stand each other. I think Jana gets along with everybody because she's a lifeless mute who never speaks up or offers opinions or rocks the boat. That's the perfect sidekick for a bossypants like Jessa.

• Love 9

I saw a preview about another family coming to TLC in the Fall.  Mom, dad, 4 adult kids + spouses + their kids all living together for a total of 26 people.  They showed a lot of tension in the family I thought, but I don't know if it's real or a hook.  I don't think I'll like it, but I will give it a shot.  It seems so silly that all these grown children living with their families with their mom and dad.  But I guess if I can suffer the Duggars I can suffer any family.

A voice-over said something like 26 people, one washer and dryer, 2.5 bathrooms.  They showed everybody's sock laundry mixed together and somebody trying to sort through over 20 pairs of loose socks.  I find a family like this more weird than entertaining, but we'll see.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Marigold said:

I finally watched the whole thing. 

Jessa is trying really hard & Ben is really uncomfortable in a Duggar group.  Ben needs to work on camera presence or something. Or seat him in the back. He is not good on these group interviews. Doesn't TLC have a coach or a media person to help him?  

Jana & JD were the most engaging and open, that I have ever seen.  Trying to hook a spouse?  JD really had a good night.  I actually wanted to hear more from JD and Jana. JD was also dressed nicely in a cheery color. He is being marketed, ladies! 

Jeremy and Jinger seemed fine. Not too chatty and not too cold. I think they did a good job. Loved Jinger's dress!!! 

Daphne Oz  seemed to connect with the Duggars and that definitely helped give the show and a little spark. (very little)

I watched last night.  Kinda boring but here is my takeaway:

Daphne is just vapid enough to be a decent host for these people and bonus points that she's pregnant

Jeremy and Jing:  Every single time she looks at him she looks like she just wants to eat him.  Horniest newlywed of the bunch.  Cue the song Hungry Eyes

Austyn and Joy:  I think they fooled around before marriage.  Not sure why I think that, just a hunch

Jess and Bin:  He has some scrawny white legs doesn't he??  I think he loves his family but part of me thinks he wishes he slowed his roll on the expansion of said family.  About his 'prayer' time to get over his um desires pre marriage?  Prayer must be a euphemism for beating off.

JD:  He seems like a nice young man.  He probably is really sick of being the oldest virgin in the bunch.  He looks 40.

Josiah:  Your countenance is ok yet a bit spotted.  You kinda bug me yet I am not sure why

Jana:  Pretty but again, she is probably tired of seeing her siblings, WHO SHE RAISED, getting married and out from under Boob/Meechele.  Unless she is her mothers court ordered minder which is why she cannot leave.  I would totally believe someone if they told me Michelle cannot be allowed around sharp object or find her way around the property without help.

Joe (that his name?):  He just wanted a burger.  He looked totally uninterested.  He might wake up when he can be righteously fulfilled.  Meanwhile someone get him a Double Double.

21 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

I saw a preview about another family coming to TLC in the Fall.  Mom, dad, 4 adult kids + spouses + their kids all living together for a total of 26 people.  They showed a lot of tension in the family I thought, but I don't know if it's real or a hook.  I don't think I'll like it, but I will give it a shot.  It seems so silly that all these grown children living with their families with their mom and dad.  But I guess if I can suffer the Duggars I can suffer any family.

A voice-over said something like 26 people, one washer and dryer, 2.5 bathrooms.  They showed everybody's sock laundry mixed together and somebody trying to sort through over 20 pairs of loose socks.  I find a family like this more weird than entertaining, but we'll see.

Otherwise known as my nightmare.  That situation sounds really icky.  Was I the only one that thought they moved in together JUST to get a show?  I am a bad reality junkie so yes I will sadly give it a whirl.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I watched last night.  Kinda boring but here is my takeaway:

Daphne is just vapid enough to be a decent host for these people and bonus points that she's pregnant

Jeremy and Jing:  Every single time she looks at him she looks like she just wants to eat him.  Horniest newlywed of the bunch.  Cue the song Hungry Eyes

Austyn and Joy:  I think they fooled around before marriage.  Not sure why I think that, just a hunch

Jess and Bin:  He has some scrawny white legs doesn't he??  I think he loves his family but part of me thinks he wishes he slowed his roll on the expansion of said family.  About his 'prayer' time to get over his um desires pre marriage?  Prayer must be a euphemism for beating off.

JD:  He seems like a nice young man.  He probably is really sick of being the oldest virgin in the bunch.  He looks 40.

Josiah:  Your countenance is ok yet a bit spotted.  You kinda bug me yet I am not sure why

Jana:  Pretty but again, she is probably tired of seeing her siblings, WHO SHE RAISED, getting married and out from under Boob/Meechele.  Unless she is her mothers court ordered minder which is why she cannot leave.  I would totally believe someone if they told me Michelle cannot be allowed around sharp object or find her way around the property without help.

Joe (that his name?):  He just wanted a burger.  He looked totally uninterested.  He might wake up when he can be righteously fulfilled.  Meanwhile someone get him a Double Double.

Otherwise known as my nightmare.  That situation sounds really icky.  Was I the only one that thought they moved in together JUST to get a show?  I am a bad reality junkie so yes I will sadly give it a whirl.

I hadn't thought of that, but you just might be right!!!  Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.  I could kind of understand it if they were hill people or living out on a farm somewhere in Nebraska.  But it didn't appear that was the case.  They looked like city slickers.  I'm glad you mentioned that.  It made my "it's-all-about-the-money" antennae  go ding, ding, ding.!

• Love 2
Just now, Evagirl said:

I hadn't thought of that, but you just might be right!!!  Otherwise it makes no sense whatsoever.  I could kind of understand it if they were hill people or living out on a farm somewhere in Nebraska.  But it didn't appear that was the case.  They looked like city slickers.  I'm glad you mentioned that.  It made my "it's-all-about-the-money" antennae  go ding, ding, ding.!

Man and I just thought I may be too cynical!  We are onto you TLC!!!!!!

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Evagirl said:

So, the Duggars but without the sanctimony.

Yawn.

Which raises an interesting question...if the Duggars hadn't been at the right place at the right time at the dawn of "reality" television, would ANYONE watch these snoozefests today? IMO, it's only some kind of weird sentimentality about having seen these poor trapped stunted children grow up into braindead adults and having their own trapped stunted children that drives any ratings at all.

Problem is, the Duggars only know one way to make a living...having babies. This should NOT be a career path, let alone a cottage industry. But it's all they know and even if their cheese hasn't moved completely quite yet, it's definitely sliding off the plate.

Does anyone think they're smart enough to realize that?

• Love 9

My first thought with the Putmans was they lived together because of multiple financial hits.  There is a house with three generations living together on my street.  Yikes.  Houses/rentals are scarce and overpriced in my city.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Does anyone think they're smart enough to realize that?

I think they have some inklings. The problem is they spent so many years doubling down on their religious beliefs that they can't turn back now even if they wanted to. 

Oldernowiser: I know Jim Bob knows ways to make money but he didn't ensure that ALL of his children knew how. Most of them would be impoverished without their daddy.

I also saw the ad for that 3 generational household. I don't think I'm going to watch it though. I don't like to watch chaos. The Duggs have a house large enough for them, but this family seems to live in a regular type single family house. Just weird, IMO. I don't see many boundaries and I noticed the blood siblings seem to still act like they are children when interacting with one another. I wouldn't want to live in my mother-in-law's house with so many other people. TLC is reaching here, it really is. Just my opinion on it.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Oldernowiser: I know Jim Bob knows ways to make money but he didn't ensure that ALL of his children knew how. Most of them would be impoverished without their daddy.

I also saw the ad for that 3 generational household. I don't think I'm going to watch it though. I don't like to watch chaos. The Duggs have a house large enough for them, but this family seems to live in a regular type single family house. Just weird, IMO. I don't see many boundaries and I noticed the blood siblings seem to still act like they are children when interacting with one another. I wouldn't want to live in my mother-in-law's house with so many other people. TLC is reaching here, it really is. Just my opinion on it.

Intergenerational living is the standard in most of the world (compared to nuclear families in the USA), but it may be 1-2 siblings with families and grandparents living together with the other siblings living with inlaws. Also 26 bodies with 2.5 bathrooms would be too much for me- lol. 

• Love 3

JD seems a lot less awkward to me than he used to...like he's becoming more comfortable in his own skin. Good for him.

That Daphne woman is a little too Sierra for my taste.  Silly and hyper. 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Intergenerational living is the standard in most of the world (compared to nuclear families in the USA), but it may be 1-2 siblings with families and grandparents living together with the other siblings living with inlaws. Also 26 bodies with 2.5 bathrooms would be too much for me- lol. 

I'm an introvert by nature, so that sort of set-up would be the equivalent of Chinese Water Torture for me. 

• Love 21

Meet th Putmans is not a new show.  I vividly remember watching the first episode last year, in stunned silence.  They don't seem as religious as The Duggars, but they're super annoying.  Maybe more so than The Duggars.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Portia said:

JD seems a lot less awkward to me than he used to...like he's becoming more comfortable in his own skin. Good for him.

That Daphne woman is a little too Sierra for my taste.  Silly and hyper. 

Can you imagine if they had asked Sierra to host this?  She would've wet her skirts.  She also would've tried to answer every question she asked.  "Where's my show, TLC?"

Coming up next season "The Sierra And Amy Show!"

• Love 6

Well, it seems that you guys have this special about covered.  I struggle to watch this type of show, as I abhor all those repeated scenes.  I feel like I've already seen them a dozen time. 

Ref. the comments on the new series about 3 generations in one house.  They were featured last year.  Can't recall if it was on TLC, but, I remember it. I think 2 episodes.  It's really funny and provides a lot of invitation to snark.  They run a family owned business and everyone works there and have for many years.   All money split between the family.  It's really bizarre, but, watchable for me. LOTS of dysfunction.  Last year, they were building a new house and one adult child was preparing to move out.  Okay.  Enough about that.  I'll find the thread when it airs soon. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, toodles said:

I hear ya.  Me too.

Me three...I'm living mostly by myself right now since my husband is working out of state, and loving it. It's the first time in my life I've lived alone, and while there are downsides to it, I'm really relishing the sense of being in control of what I do and when I do it. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm an introvert by nature, so that sort of set-up would be the equivalent of Chinese Water Torture for me. 

Hear, hear!  That describes what I would feel perfectly.

6 hours ago, 88Keys said:

Meet th Putmans is not a new show.  I vividly remember watching the first episode last year, in stunned silence.  They don't seem as religious as The Duggars, but they're super annoying.  Maybe more so than The Duggars.

More annoying that the Duggars?  Now you've piqued my interest!

• Love 3

When she introduced herself as Jess -- all I could think was -- man they are so developmentally behind. I went to school with plenty of KIDS who tested out using nicknames esp. in elementary school but even through high school. Plenty of kids whose moms call them Matthew at home would march into school on the first day of 3rd grade and tell the teacher, they preferred Matt. Knew a guy who as a senior in high school was looking to "reinvent" himself before college with a cooler persona and went from Andrew to Drew. KIDS try these things out, KIDS, not 24 year olds. But given her lack of outside exposure to friends and peers and her overbearing parents, now as a married woman is her only time to "try out" things like nicknames.

As for Jana - she's so into keeping sweet that honestly I can never tell if she's depressed. She actually seemed to be genuinely laughing as she told how Joy was trying to get Austin to notice. But I will say - when I look at her, I feel bad for how lonely she must feel. For better or worse, these girls are each others' only friends and one by one they have gotten married and moved away. I realize Jinger is the only one who is far away (no clue where Joy lives in relation to the TTH), but in this family once they get married they start taking on a "I'm a married lady, can't be hanging with the singles" attitude. So who does that leave Jana to hang with -- the next closest girl is what 10 or 12 yrs old -- hardly a BFF for a 26 yr old. I'm not suggesting that all the sisters were so loveable -- Jill is a kool aid drinker; Jessa was a bitch etc. -- yet at the end of the day it was SOMEONE to talk to, someone to laugh with (like with the Joy story); someone to share the drudgery and boredom of daily life with. I so wish she had been allowed to go to school and hold down a job; like a regular 26 yr old she wouldn't be totally lonely as her siblings married bc she'd be chatting with friends at work/going on lunch/coffee runs with them, making plans to grab drinks with friends after work etc. Is Anna still living in the same house? I hope she gets along with Anna. I hope she gets to see Amy -- I realize Amy is crazy but sometimes when life is boring and there's no light at the end of the tunnel, hanging out with that person who tells animated stories about nothing and makes you laugh out loud goes a long way.

• Love 11
(edited)

cereality, that's so funny because I went to high school with an Andrew-who-became-Drew in his senior year. I guess he thought it would sound more hipster. I also went to school with a Robert who started using his middle name Dennis so he could officially be R. Dennis when he went off to Brown. Maybe it was a requirement for the Ivies or something, lol.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill was Daddy's favorite and Jessa was Mommy's favorite. I'm not surprised they can't stand each other. I think Jana gets along with everybody because she's a lifeless mute who never speaks up or offers opinions or rocks the boat. That's the perfect sidekick for a bossypants like Jessa.

To me, Jana looked as if she wanted to kill someone and had a spark in her eyes.  If they keep her locked up much longer, she could become the next Lizzie Borden. 

• Love 11

@88 keys

Both families are driven by two very patriarchal men who can't or won't see the damage they're doing to their families.  Check out Meet the Putnams forum to find out more about this very disturbing family. 

• Love 4
On 7/18/2017 at 6:12 PM, Kokapetl said:

I liked that Ms Oz had a knack for hiding the Duggar awkward derpiness, and making the "forever alone" twins somewhat relaxed. There were few questions answered with a strained smile. 

Agreed. She annoyed me a little, but she did seem to have a knack for putting everyone at ease and not making a big awkward deal over the singles in the group.  But oh my goodness, did anyone catch the preview with the couples' questions? "What's the most crazy place you have had... Bible study?" The innuendo there was unmistakable. You can almost hear Boob derping.

On 7/18/2017 at 11:48 PM, Genevrier said:

John David is goofy but he seems likeable enough. I can't say the same about Josiah. Something about that one rubs me the wrong way. EVERYTHING about Daphne Oz rubs me the wrong way. She's ditzy. I can hardly believe there is still another hour of this inanity. And worse, that I'll probably watch it.

I agree. Goofy but likeable, whereas Josiah just strikes me as odd.  They're both better than Josh, though, who I disliked for years before the scandals broke.

On 7/19/2017 at 0:21 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Unfortunately, Jeremy responded to an Instagram post asking about his reading tastes. He said that if he wasn't reading religious support texts for study, he preferred bios of....religious leaders! Not a lot of hope down this path, I'm afraid. 

They can also watch the MLS on ESPN online. I really don't see that they're going fundie lite doctrinally at all. Don't let the clothes or the mortgage fool you! Remember how people fell for Derick at first (I wasn't one of them). We all know how THAT turned out. 

The thing is, I don't think either Derick or Jeremy is dogmatic about "trusting god with the size of your family," no pants, homeschooling, Gothard, etc. They are fundie lite by my definition but your mileage may vary. 

15 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Guys, actually that's not a mistake! State-of-being verbs are modified by adjectives, not adverbs. "I'm good" is perfectly fine. It is not "finely." See what I mean?

We say a dog is brown, not brownly, and a lemon is sour, not sourly. A person can be good (in a positive state) or well (medically sound), and both are acceptable! (Not acceptably!) 

I think the issue is that they will say "I'm doing good," etc., which is not correct. Saying "I'm good" is grammatically correct only if you are saying you are a person who does good deeds, but not if you're saying you feel well.

• Love 7

JD with self deprecating humor...who knew.

JD finally steps out of the shadow of his fallen and shamed big brother... thanks public records department and Ashley Madison.

Think JD's dating profile can be buffed up enough to make him tasty courtship bait for the single ladies of the Ozarks and environs...

Name: John David aka JD

Hobbies: Pilot of own plane

Likes: Flying towards the sunset into the twilight of the evening ...with a special someone... and our designated chaperones

PS:I don't want to be a Bachelor until the Rapture...help me help myself...

• Love 14

Well, I caught the last half of this which I watched while doing the NYT crossword puzzle, but I guess enough of it registered with me that I had a dream I met JimBob and told him off.  It was a very strange dream in which my husband and I were on our way to see his family in Texas, and we stopped and there was JB.  (and, no, we don't go normally go through Arkansas to get to Texas except we  did once to avoid seriously bad weather, but I digress...).  

I was really confused as to why there was an end-of-season show when it seemed as though the season was just starting.  I know I sometimes miss episodes, but this seemed really short to me, and it seemed strange as though almost nothing happened except Joy married, someone started courting, and Jessa had another boy.  Oh, and there was another "gender reveal."  I think I will pass on Part 2 as I am not sure I can stand listening to a fundie version of the Newlywed Game (and, yes, I was old enough to watch the game back in the 60's).

Did I miss something about Jessa and her new nickname?  I would have thought her siblings would have used it from time to time, and maybe Jana answered to Jan when talking to Jill or Jess or Jing. 

I refuse to hold out hope for Jeremy and Jing.  I feel like I am Charlie Brown and the Duggar family is Lucy with the football.  I had hopes for Derrick and Jill, and that didn't pan out at all.  Also I had hoped that Anna and Josh had made a successful escape to DC, and we know how that turned out.

From what I saw, it looked as though neither Jana not Ben wanted to be there for Part 1.  As much as I want to free Jana, I don't see it happening.   I think her responsibility for the howlers/lost girls is such that were she to leave she would still be so concerned about them that it would interfere with her married life.  And I think her parents see her as the dutiful daughter that will care for them in their old age.   I would be depressed, too.

I was glad that JB and Jchelle were not in Part1, but it looks as though they may be in Part2.  I see them sneaking back into the series, and I just will not watch when they are on (I ffwd when I see them at weddings).

• Love 13

On that show, did anyone notice after commented about being happy to be there in Ark for the interview, she gave Jeremy the side eye and twitched her lips...it looked like she felt the exact OPPOSITE way and couldn't get out of there fast enough to me?

7 hours ago, becca3891 said:

I think the issue is that they will say "I'm doing good," etc., which is not correct. Saying "I'm good" is grammatically correct only if you are saying you are a person who does good deeds, but not if you're saying you feel well.

I see what you're saying, but in this usage, "doing" colloquially functions as a state-of-being verb. "How are you?" and "how are you doing?" mean basically the same thing in American English. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, wilsie said:

@88 keys

Both families are driven by two very patriarchal men who can't or won't see the damage they're doing to their families.  Check out Meet the Putnams forum to find out more about this very disturbing family. 

Totally agree.  And the Putmans go everywhere together in a smaller bus, just like  the Duggers.  Why do we need to see 50 family members including kids grocery shop when 2 or 3 could handle it? 

I was thinking about their new house that was being built. Sound familiar?  I'm wondering if we have a repeat performance of TLC coming in to save the day.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

JD with self deprecating humor...who knew.

JD finally steps out of the shadow of his fallen and shamed big brother... thanks public records department and Ashley Madison.

Think JD's dating profile can be buffed up enough to make him tasty courtship bait for the single ladies of the Ozarks and environs...

Name: John David aka JD

Hobbies: Pilot of own plane

Likes: Flying towards the sunset into the twilight of the evening ...with a special someone... and our designated chaperones

PS:I don't want to be a Bachelor until the Rapture...help me help myself...

I TOTALLY read this in JD's voice.

• Love 3
(edited)

I know they say Princess Charlotte resembles the Queen, but there was someone else I knew she reminded me of! I finally figured out who last night ...

514d66cd53375fa79a7004a2a8108f49--princess-charlotte-of-cambridge-princess-charlotte-elizabeth-diana.jpg

Jana-640x480.png

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
I wish I could make these smaller so they fit side by side!
  • Love 16