Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

One of the Bates girls is a nurse. I'm not sure what college. She doesn't seem to be working as a nurse. She's married and tried to have children but doesn't have any.

She got training as an LPN but never practiced. 

Jana was probably fulfilling prerequisites at the community college. 

• Sad 3
  • Useful 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Quof said:

I don't believe for a second she has the science or math prerequisites to be admitted to a real college's nursing program. 

Since Jana and JD were the second born, maybe the emphasis on education was more pronounced before Michelle became overwhelmed with kids. 

Since Jana reconnected with Stephen early this year in her second semester, I'm assuming she completed her second semester in May of this year.  I'm hoping she continues with her education and signs up at the University of Nebraska for the fall, which will be a drivable distance from their town.

I think Abbie had a lot to do with influencing Jana to consider the nursing profession.  Abbie makes good money, maybe works a flexible schedule (possibly part-time), and no doubt enjoys her job. 

I would have bet money that if Jana was going to school for anything, it would have been interior design.

On a side note, I'm completely shocked that JB didn't blow a gasket and forbid her to have anything to do with college.  Or maybe he did and Jana stood firm.  After all, she has her own money, so it's her choice.  It's fun to think about JB backing down on anything, but anything's possible.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
57 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She got training as an LPN but never practiced. 

Jana was probably fulfilling prerequisites at the community college. 

She could be going to a CNA program.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
13 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She could be going to a CNA program.

I looked up CNA training in Arkansas and it said it's a 4- to 10-week program.  Since she was in her second semester, I would think it's beyond a CNA.

For an LPN in Arkansas, it takes 15 months (three semesters) and passing the State test.  So maybe she completed 2 out of 3 semesters needed.

I looked up Nebraska and the requirements for an LPN are 9 months to 1 year of training and passing the State test.  So Nebraska actually takes less training.  I hope she's able to continue her education.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Quof said:

She has worked for her living since she was middle-school aged.  

Younger than that -- she was sister-momming by the time she was old enough for the first grade. But there is a world of difference between doing that and running on Duggar time, and working for people who are not your family, don't care how special your parents are, and probably expect you to show up on time and do your job. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 3

Seeing how precise and methodical she is about projects she's working on, I don't think she'd have trouble getting into the swing of a regular 9 to 5 routine and working outside the family.  It would be different for her, but doable.  

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Jana is a beautiful bride, and her husband is handsome.  Good for her.  Since People got the exclusive, I hoped she played JB for all she could.  They get their story, but she has control over what she wears, bridesmaid attire, etc.  Even though Josie is now 14, there's a whole bunch of babies and younger children in the background, and every brother/sister just lost their free childcare.  Never dismiss the quiet ones 😉

Edited by sixlets
Grammar is hard at 930pm
  • Like 15
11 minutes ago, sixlets said:

every brother/sister just lost their free childcare

Yes, I'm happy that Jana finally gets a break, and I hope she sets down rules in Nebraska for whenever one of the Wissmann in-laws asks her to babysit.  I don't want her to jump from one daycare job to another.

• Like 17
  • Applause 2
5 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Abbie makes good money, maybe works a flexible schedule (possibly part-time), and no doubt enjoys her job. 

Do we know this to be true?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, awaken said:

Do we know this to be true?

IIRC, she was in a photo (wearing scrubs) during a hospital trip of Joy's.  Her face was partially obscured, but it looked like her, and Joy commented on her sister-in-law working there.

• Useful 7

People magazine has yet a third version of the article, this time rewritten to include another new tidbit:

When Stephen, 31, asked her out earlier this year, it was via a handwritten letter. "I think people would probably seem like it's very weird, but I thought it was so sweet. Honestly, I think if he would've texted me, I would've been more like, 'Hey, dude, kind of get lost ... I'm not really interested.' "

She continues: "But I don't know, something about it really hit me. And I was like, he's so sweet. He really has been there, and how had I not noticed it and realized he is great, and I do love him, and I need to be willing to open up and to allow that?"

Jana adds that it "took a few of those moments," for her to realize that Stephen was the one for her, and the initial letter led to "two, three letters back and forth before we started texting again, and just kind of on a basic friendship level there."

"And then it progressed quickly just because we were like, 'Okay, yeah. No, we do like each other. Let's just move on,' " she adds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 7

It truly looked like a very elegant wedding. Her dress is just lovely(no 90's bargain basement dress. Lookin' at you JillR!) and she looked very happy, as did he. I wish them nothing but the best.

• Like 21
(edited)
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There's a guest list somewhere?

There's a website where guests had to RSVP. So you don't see a big list, but if you type in a name, you can see whether someone was invited, and whether they accepted or declined.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 9
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jana made the Dean’s list for the spring semester this year.

Having the words Jana Duggar and Dean's list in the same sentence makes me really happy. (Except... it's not Clown/Crown College, is it?)

• Like 14
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

There's a website where guests had to RSVP. So you don't see a big list, but if you type in a name, you can see whether someone was invited, and whether they accepted or declined.

(I don't know if I should post the link, but if anyone's curious, message me.)

Among those who were invited but didn't attend include Frank Sun (the cameraman who took the geisha picture of Jana that sparked so many rumors back in the day) and Evelyn Ruark (Michelle's gay sister).

Why on earth would they make the list accessible to strangers?

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Was Jana under the same rules for courtship that her sisters had to follow?  I am wondering since she had her own tiny house, was attending college, the engagement photo, the dresses for the wedding, and the actual wedding pictures. I am just curious since I know some of you had posted that Jana and Steven may have paid for most of engagement and wedding themselves, thus not being under JB's financial limits.  And maybe not all of his rules.

Edited by js9548
  • Like 8

From what I can gather it's fairly unusual for a woman in fundie land to wait until 34 to marry (to which I say, good for Jana!) but I am wondering is it unusual for a guy to wait until he's 31?  Also what does Stephen do for a living?  In the real world a person often waits for marriage until they've finished their educations and established a career.  In fundie world, not so much.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

People magazine has yet a third version of the article, this time rewritten to include another new tidbit:

Awww, there is the "love" word.  Glad they added this part in.  I can actually see how a handwritten letter could charge her heart and perspective.  He probably wrote why he wanted to take her out and expressed more of why he was interested. 

I guess when they were seeing each other before, she didn't see it as anything but being Jeremiah's chaperone.  ????  

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Awww, there is the "love" word.  Glad they added this part in.  I can actually see how a handwritten letter could charge her heart and perspective.  He probably wrote why he wanted to take her out and expressed more of why he was interested.

hand written letter was perceived good by Jana, as opposed to Ben's handwritten poetry that Jessa shared and sneered.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Tasya said:

They look so very happy; I'm just sincerely thrilled for them. I will click on all the videos and photos because honestly, I don't care if Jana makes money for being a "Duggar". She's had to deal with so much for so long; including taking the fall for the missing "M" kid (I still do not for one second believe she was the adult responsible for that). 

Um, didn’t a judge find her responsible?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, AstridM said:

Um, didn’t a judge find her responsible?

I don't think it went to court.

But I agree, I think Anna lost the kid and Jana took the fall because Josh was in the middle of his 3rd scandal. I really don't think either of them thought it would bring charges, I think they were hoping to dampen the gossip rags.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

But I agree, I think Anna lost the kid and Jana took the fall

And even if it was Jana, it could be because she was looking after Anna's entire brood, not to mention household duties, and one slipped away.

Jinger had mentioned in one of her recent vlogs about how quiet it was after she got married, just her and Jeremy, and it took some getting used to.  I can just imagine how quiet it'll be at first for Jana, just her and Stephen alone.  But she'll get used to it.  

• Like 10

There's a fourth version of the People article.  Here's the new stuff:

"It definitely looks different. I think that's been the biggest thing, the comparison of the younger ones, going through a relationship," she continues. "I mean, I've watched all them walk through that, and then now me walking through this, and it is different, but we are older. We are in a different stage of life. We're a little bit more established, so we're a little bit more stubborn, but it's good. We're learning. We're growing. And it's been different, but it is been so sweet."

I noticed she says 'stubborn.'  That's a good quality for a Duggar to have.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

Somone on Youtube said according to People, Jana spent $75,000 on the wedding, with the venue alone being $10,000.  I haven't seen anything on People to confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
10 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Somone on Youtube said according to People, Jana spent $75,000 on the wedding, with the venue alone being $10,000.  I haven't seen anything on People to confirm that, so take it with a grain of salt.

Even if that’s the correct amount, why just Jana? I doubt that very much.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Even if that’s the correct amount, why just Jana? I doubt that very much.

I'm thinking whatever they were paid for the People wedding story went towards the wedding.  I don't think she received $75,000, but maybe half that.  Stephen and his family may have paid for the food.  All speculation of course. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I don't think it went to court.

But I agree, I think Anna lost the kid and Jana took the fall because Josh was in the middle of his 3rd scandal. I really don't think either of them thought it would bring charges, I think they were hoping to dampen the gossip rags.

Oh, I just remember she paid a fine, so I assume she was found guilty/responsible by some authority.

• Like 3