Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

....as well as nibbles on his Jesus stick.

....wellllllll....allllllllrighty then!  LOL...(and yeah, he's had some licks of the Jesus stick, just sayin')

I'm little late with my comments, but I'm of Italian/Canadian heritage.  If Jeremy dares to invite his Catholic (ie: still celebrating Italian culture) family members to a craptastic Duggar wedding, I'll be watching that episode with bells on.  Nothing like a good old Italian family snarkfest on the lack of/shitty food!

• Love 10
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Yeah, thanks for clarifying this. Those are my concerns, too. Because if a child bride is what he wanted, that's probably bad. At least for the marriage as a marriage and almost certainly for Jinger. And if a child bride isn't what he really wanted, then that's definitely bad because he'll be unhappy and then what will he do? Be mad at Jinger? Be super-mad at himself? Walk out? Then feel guilty and walk back? It seems to have a heck of a lot of potential for being an unhappy situation.

Churchi, he isn't going to be surprised. There is no way he doesn't notice how immature Jinger is. He knows, it's what he wants. There is an entire season of her giggling and doing things like pretend to flip cars while her brothers do the work. Her entire life is well documented. Here is someone who can travel and still keep the shutters to her mind closed. The problem is, what if Jinger gets away from the family and evolves and he still wants the child bride. 

editing to add.. hahaha we haven't seen one Dugg or spouse evolve yet, the odds are in his favour. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

Churchi, he isn't going to be surprised. There is no way he doesn't notice how immature Jinger is. He knows, it's what he wants. There is an entire season of her giggling and doing things like pretend to flip cars while her brothers do the work. Her entire life is well documented. Here is someone who can travel and still keep the shutters to her mind closed. The problem is, what if Jinger gets away from the family and evolves and he still wants the child bride. 

editing to add.. hahaha we haven't seen one Dugg or spouse evolve yet, the odds are in his favour. 

See, that's the thing.  Their entire life isn't documented.  What they present on screen is carefully curated and edited for effect.  Did we ever see Jill hoarding food to eat in the bathroom?  No.  Because that would point out that the poor kid was probably watched like a hawk at meals or always had a small, grubby hand taking food out of her's so she had to resort to eating in what little (unsanitary) privacy she could find.  The rest of your statement though, I completely agree with.

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

TLC might think this makes a better show, but I would rather watch a Duggar girl find her way in a new town without her family. They need to switch it up for the fans. Watching another Duggar living on top of the other Duggars, going for coffee with Jessa... ho hum..but if they show Jinger learning to meet new people and become a part of a couple (rather than the extended family of boob), then it might be worth watching. If they are sitting around the TTH all the time, what's the point, we've seen every one of those episodes already with different actors.  We should have been treated to this with Derick and Jill, but since they do nothing it was a total fail. They have to show all the warts. All the discomfort Jinger feels when she is out of her bubble. It's like the Amish show, but real. 

Maybe Jeremy has the gallant knight syndrome. They purposefully seek people to 'fix'. They seek out people who their friends and family often say he/she could have done better. They know that it's a mismatch and they like the idea that the 'victim' will appreciate how lucky they are to have the 'knight'. 

Agree! anything would be more interesting than watching another "courtship," parking lot wedding, and traumatic home birth. YAWN. Jilly and Derrick have the potential for some interesting storylines, but so far that's been a bust.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Teena said:

....wellllllll....allllllllrighty then!  LOL...(and yeah, he's had some licks of the Jesus stick, just sayin')

I'm little late with my comments, but I'm of Italian/Canadian heritage.  If Jeremy dares to invite his Catholic (ie: still celebrating Italian culture) family members to a craptastic Duggar wedding, I'll be watching that episode with bells on.  Nothing like a good old Italian family snarkfest on the lack of/shitty food!

The Duggars will forever be talked about his side if they are of the diehard Catholic old school Italians. Shitty food will be talked about in their circles for years and years so will any tacky, cheap or klassless action that Boob will do/partake in.

• Love 5

It seems he is from a fundie background, so probably both sides of his family know what to expect. We often assume the families will be snarky like us, but my expectations now are for the families to be leghumpers or famewhores even if they aren't fundies. Keep the bar low and avoid disappointment. 

• Love 1

A poster at FJ knows an aunt and cousin of Jeremy's. Although Jeremy's family (at least him and his father) veered off the Catholic reservation, these family members can't believe they got mixed up with the Duggars, whom they do NOT like. That's why I doubt we will see very many of his relatives on the guest list. Like Derick, his only friends at the wedding may be his groomsmen. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Yeah, that's my read, too. But obviously we don't know for certain. People still argue both ways on Derick, for example, and I can see both arguments -- haven't made up my own mind.

Jeremy does seem to me to want the child bride. However, she doesn't look like a child bride, and I'm sure he doesn't really know her, so I'm thinking it's at least possible that he's fixated on some other aspect of this arrangement and doesn't fully see it. Or he thinks he wants it now, but down the line he could realize that it wasn't really what he wanted (after all, he probably hasn't know a lot of truly childlike brides, because who does, in 2016, so does he actually know what he's getting into with that?). All that being the case, I'm saying that, to my mind, this is a dicey situation whether he does want a child bride and knows it, or whether he's picking one by accident. Both ways could very easily lead to bad outcomes, I think.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

The Duggars will forever be talked about his side if they are of the diehard Catholic old school Italians. Shitty food will be talked about in their circles for years and years so will any tacky, cheap or klassless action that Boob will do/partake in.

True this. I'm Italian & we hold grudges like nobody's business - to the grave lol.

That being said, I highly, highly doubt Jer's Italian Catholic side of the family would even be invited. Probably just his congregation, a few born again friends and then all 1000+ people the Duggars aren't really friends with but absolutely must be invited.

After all that has been said by the fundys regarding Catholics it would indeed be a cold day in hell before I would attend such a wedding, that's for sure.

• Love 10
(edited)

Wait, a post of mine disappeared in which I said the exact same thing about the Duggars' 1000 "best friends" and just immediate family of Jeremy's being invited. No way his extended family gets invited. No ebil Catholics allowed! 

eta: I was having connectivity issues on my phone, which probably is why the post didn't make it. Not blaming the mods! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I think Mr Vuolo is a better alternative than nothing. The perfect, absolutely flawless man doesn't exist, let alone is likely to cross paths with a Duggar maiden. Perhaps Jinger is mentally 12 years old, but she's not going to mature if she never gets out of the fricken TTH. 

• Love 10
(edited)

They don't look like a couple, she looks like a fan of his or something. She needs a lot of polishing up. Does anyone besides me wish he still played soccer. 

Edited by sometimesy
I keep clicking myself out of this board sorry for all the edits.
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Watch a sermon or five. Your opinion of his hotness will definitely change for the worse. 

Lulz, it reminds me of a guy I used to work with who was Calvin Klein model gorgeous but dumb as a box of rocks. Every time a new girl got hired she'd swoon over him and the running joke in the office was "yeah, he's cute until he opens his mouth..."

• Love 8

Something I noticed in the pictures of the two of them:  Jinger doesn't have eye crinkles--you know, the crinkly eyes people have when they smile.  She's smiling a "cheese" smile--all mouth, no eyes...no joy.  She just looks sad.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2016 at 1:56 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

The true Truth? Why can't any of these dipshits learn to WRITE?

i am not gay myself, but I've got your back, Aja. These jerks. 

Aja, if you'll accept a middle aged, roly-poly chick who doesn't move all that fast these days, ;-) I have your back, too.

Their hatred will not stand.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

Aja, if you'll accept a middle aged, roly-poly chick who doesn't move all that fast these days, ;-) I have your back, too.

Their hatred will not stand.

My sister! *bump*

• Love 2

Count me in as well! Aja and Koka (and anyone else I've forgotten), I definitely have your backs! My brother is gay (I knew it before I even knew what gay meant), and I've never tolerated this bullshit. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I got your backs too Aja & Koka. Not that either of you need me though. It appears to me you two do a great job of having your owns backs.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WhineandCheez said:

Holey crap this guy is hotttttt.  Jessa must be spitting in her Starbucks.  She was  supposed to be the Queen Bee Duggar.

Jinger sure did ONE up her didn't she. Jessa should have waited!

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Exactly, nothing upsets Italians more than bad food and having been to Italy myself as well as dined in many excellent Italian restaurants, it's not hard at all to see why they are so passionate about their food.  Cakes, cannolis, pasta, sauces, pizza, cheeses, meats, olives, coffee, wine, olive oil...I could go on and on.

A full blown Fundy wedding with bare feet and unfashionable dress would really be a cultural experience for fashion conscious Italians used to more formality and decorum in church services...the frenetic piano playing...and people running down the aisle in their haste to finally be alone...Mama Mia!

Can just visualize the Italian grandmothers and elderly aunties crossing themselves at the likes of Boob and his déclassé behavior.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Something I noticed in the pictures of the two of them:  Jinger doesn't have eye crinkles--you know, the crinkly eyes people have when they smile.  She's smiling a "cheese" smile--all mouth, no eyes...no joy.  She just looks sad.

Seems to me she's looked that way for a long time. Can't say that I blame her. Guess it doesn't say much for her new relationship if it doesn't change that situation, though, I suppose.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Exactly, nothing upsets Italians more than bad food and having been to Italy myself as well as dined in many excellent Italian restaurants, it's not hard at all to see why they are so passionate about their food.  Cakes, cannolis, pasta, sauces, pizza, cheeses, meats, olives, coffee, wine, olive oil...I could go on and on.

A full blown Fundy wedding with bare feet and unfashionable dress would really be a cultural experience for fashion conscious Italians used to more formality and decorum in church services...the frenetic piano playing...and people running down the aisle in their haste to finally be alone...Mama Mia!

Can just visualize the Italian grandmothers and elderly aunties crossing themselves at the likes of Boob and his déclassé behavior.

I've been to many Italian weddings. Mine was small at 140 people and we had the best hall and prime rib on plates not family style. No one has ever said a bad word about my wedding. Or my bridal shower or our kids' Communion party.

The biggest wedding I have been to was 500 people NO one talked bad about that wedding either. The food was excellent. They picked a good hall known for excellent food.

The only "bad" Italian wedding I have been to was about 500 people too. They picked a hall known for food that was not prime. The poor parents of the groom walked around apologizing to everyone that the meat was horrible. I felt so bad for them because I knew that that was the only thing people would take away from that wedding.

Like I said before, we Italians have long, long memories! lol

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Seems to me she's looked that way for a long time. Can't say that I blame her. Guess it doesn't say much for her new relationship if it doesn't change that situation, though, I suppose.

Truer words were never said...Genuinely being in love (or even infatuated) will bring out an effervescence like nothing else. Arranged marriages, not so much.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4

Not sure I can read THAT much into a picture to say that they're unhappy or she doesn't have joy in her smile. They simply look like a couple that's not super comfortable with each other yet and is taking a formal photo together; they don't look like they have the ease that you see in boyfriend/girlfriend or engagement pics. But that isn't shocking given that they are likely not even allowed to text privately, let alone touch.

• Love 6

Even this American mutt and my family would be surprised beyond belief to show up at a Fundy wedding with no prior knowledge of how those events go down. I've been to all kinds of weddings, formal, casual, J of the P, etc and many different religions and non-religions as well. Even when my brother got married in my parent's living room we had oodles of food and drink for the guests.

In my opinion Fundy weddings are scouting events for prospective mates.

• Love 6

I grew up less than an hr away from where Jeremy is from in Pennsylvania amongst TON of Italian Catholic families. Old school Italians -- since we're only 2 hrs away from NYC. With them hospitality knows no bounds. If they invite you over for coffee, there's a full spread of snacks. If they invite you home to work on a school project, the mom (or often the grandma) expects to feed you dinner before you leave -- and dinner ain't tater tot casserole. So yeah Pa. Italians will NOT understand the idea of being offered a cup of ice cream and a slice of Costco sheet cake -- not even the real wedding cake -- while freezing or roasting out in a parking lot.

That being said -- I'm convinced he will only invite his immediate family and maybe his grandparents (maybe - depending on how devout they are). I mean how exactly can he invite an entire Catholic family to a wedding when his life's work is to reform the sinners -- i.e. the Catholics and the gays. Surely at some point some 3rd cousin will ask why the wedding is in a church that looks like a convention hall rather than a cathedral; why is there no communion; why no one has made the sign of the cross the entire day. What exactly will he say -- well bc I think you're a sinner and I disagree with it!?

For the fundies, there will be 500+ "guests" there, as there aren't invites but just a cattle call letting people know the time and place of the wedding and "reception." It's astounding that people hitch up their vans to drive for 6 hrs to take their 8 kids to a stranger's wedding, but it's the same reason they go to all those homeschool conventions. Most of these fundies are raising a LOT of kids in rural areas, how exactly will a cute fundie boy notice their 16 yr old daughter if they don't go to these types of gatherings. The price of gas and the cost of a $20 blender to give as a gift are worth it if it means they can get their own kids married off.

• Love 8

Growing up, I attended many a wedding where the food was the centerpiece of the reception.  In addition to the cake, a cookie table was set up and it was scandal if the table wasn't laid with hundreds of gourmet cookies made by aunts and grandmothers.  It is unheard of for a wedding not to be full of food, liquor and dancing.  It's a CELEBRATION, after all, and it's expected.  I agree with everyone who said that anything less will be seen as insulting to the guests.

Just thinking...maybe to keep peace and save face there will be two celebrations.  First, a 1,000-guest fundie wedding in Tonitown, with all the fundilicious trappings, followed closely with a fitting and classy reception for his family in Philly.  If I were Jeremy's family I would insist upon it, based upon past Duggar weddings.  It wouldn't be unheard of to do so, considering the distance from Philly to Tonitown...many wouldn't be able to attend the wedding.  

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, cereality said:

Not sure I can read THAT much into a picture to say that they're unhappy or she doesn't have joy in her smile. They simply look like a couple that's not super comfortable with each other yet and is taking a formal photo together; they don't look like they have the ease that you see in boyfriend/girlfriend or engagement pics. But that isn't shocking given that they are likely not even allowed to text privately, let alone touch.

They can touch. There's a picture on the Duggar FB (I believe) in which Boob took a selfie with them in the backseat. Jer has his arm around Jin. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, cereality said:

I grew up less than an hr away from where Jeremy is from in Pennsylvania amongst TON of Italian Catholic families. Old school Italians -- since we're only 2 hrs away from NYC. With them hospitality knows no bounds. If they invite you over for coffee, there's a full spread of snacks. If they invite you home to work on a school project, the mom (or often the grandma) expects to feed you dinner before you leave -- and dinner ain't tater tot casserole. So yeah Pa. Italians will NOT understand the idea of being offered a cup of ice cream and a slice of Costco sheet cake -- not even the real wedding cake -- while freezing or roasting out in a parking lot.

That being said -- I'm convinced he will only invite his immediate family and maybe his grandparents (maybe - depending on how devout they are). I mean how exactly can he invite an entire Catholic family to a wedding when his life's work is to reform the sinners -- i.e. the Catholics and the gays. Surely at some point some 3rd cousin will ask why the wedding is in a church that looks like a convention hall rather than a cathedral; why is there no communion; why no one has made the sign of the cross the entire day. What exactly will he say -- well bc I think you're a sinner and I disagree with it!?

For the fundies, there will be 500+ "guests" there, as there aren't invites but just a cattle call letting people know the time and place of the wedding and "reception." It's astounding that people hitch up their vans to drive for 6 hrs to take their 8 kids to a stranger's wedding, but it's the same reason they go to all those homeschool conventions. Most of these fundies are raising a LOT of kids in rural areas, how exactly will a cute fundie boy notice their 16 yr old daughter if they don't go to these types of gatherings. The price of gas and the cost of a $20 blender to give as a gift are worth it if it means they can get their own kids married off.

If the Italians come to the wedding they will be in for a hell of a culture shock! I'm seeing it now. Nonna saying, "Mi, no food how cheapa." *Mi means WOW and not in a good way

1 hour ago, cereality said:

It's so weird though that they're likely already engaged yet they still look like random strangers thrown together for a quick picture. I've seen more emotion and better chemistry in those stock photos that come with wallet inserts.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

They can touch. There's a picture on the Duggar FB (I believe) in which Boob took a selfie with them in the backseat. Jer has his arm around Jin. 

I know they can -- I exaggerated. I just think chemistry and looking natural and comfortable with another person develops over time in spontaneous ways. Side hugs with mom and dad staring and saying "why don't you give her a side hug" and then saying "ok that's enough" (as they did with Bin and Jessa) is not going to develop chemistry as naturally as a couple that can normal hug or heaven forbid kiss or lean up against each other when they feel the moment is right. I think that's why the pic they released looks like a "formal" pic of 2 people who hardly know each other, rather than a boyfriend/girlfriend or engagement pic. But I think that's been true of all the Duggar couples thus far -- so super formal and polite around each other bc they're uncomfortable, don't have anything to say, and if there is something they want to say or do they have Jackson or someone in their face chaperoning them. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Edith said:

Growing up, I attended many a wedding where the food was the centerpiece of the reception.  In addition to the cake, a cookie table was set up and it was scandal if the table wasn't laid with hundreds of gourmet cookies made by aunts and grandmothers.  It is unheard of for a wedding not to be full of food, liquor and dancing.  It's a CELEBRATION, after all, and it's expected.  I agree with everyone who said that anything less will be seen as insulting to the guests.

Just thinking...maybe to keep peace and save face there will be two celebrations.  First, a 1,000-guest fundie wedding in Tonitown, with all the fundilicious trappings, followed closely with a fitting and classy reception for his family in Philly.  If I were Jeremy's family I would insist upon it, based upon past Duggar weddings.  It wouldn't be unheard of to do so, considering the distance from Philly to Tonitown...many wouldn't be able to attend the wedding.  

Fundilicious!  I freaking LOVE it!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's so weird though that they're likely already engaged yet they still look like random strangers thrown together for a quick picture. I've seen more emotion and better chemistry in those stock photos that come with wallet inserts.

Hmm wonder if Jinger holds any lust for Bin but this guy came along she couldn't have Bin and is going on with it because the show must go on!!??

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

That gives me pause when stock photos show more emotion. What really isn't going on? Who knows, maybe Boob made them pose like that.

They might already be engaged.,,we all know they have been talking for over a year.  Looks like Boob is going to insist on "poop or get off the pot" when it comes to a proposal. Muffy was already married before we got to see her wedding or her courtship. No doubt there will be desires that need to righteously fulfilled and a new season to film.  

30 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Did any of the articles say what Jeremy's degree was?

From Jeremy's website:

After high school he attended a small, division-1 college in upstate New York where he earned an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, while playing for the school’s soccer team. He began pursuing a masters degree in finance at Syracuse University before leaving early to sign a professional contract playing soccer in Finland.

Looks like a  bachelor's degree and some grad level courses.

• Love 1
(edited)

I believe he also graduated in three years from Hartwick; from what I understand, it's a 3-year program, but he could have APed his way out of his freshman year. No one knows for sure. At any rate, the 3-year undergrad degree is why he had a year of soccer eligibility left for Syracuse. 

eta: He graduated HS in 2006, and the article I read from the Syracuse paper on Monday was dated 2010, so the dates fit this scenario. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Jeremy is (physically) hot.....but I've got a thing for tall, dark, and athletic guys.

However, I completely expect his looks to go downhill the longer he's around the Duggars. 

Oh yeah. Six months of living off Tater Tot Casserole will have him looking like Smuggar in no time.

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I think Jeremy is (physically) hot.....but I've got a thing for tall, dark, and athletic guys.

However, I completely expect his looks to go downhill the longer he's around the Duggars. 

My quandry is even worse: I like 'em tall, dark, Italian, and preferably soccer players. They have the best bods. So yeah, I was in a pickle. Then I watched a couple of his sermons, and I was cured of my attraction! If he only knew how easy that was, he'd use the same tactics to cure teh ghey. /sarcasm

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Yes especially once he starts going to Jessa's House of Fundy Do's for his haircuts.

• Love 7