Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

(edited)

Jeremy is rather easy on the eyes.  Good for Jinger!  I don't feel sorry for Jana.  I have a feeling she has been turning down courting requests.  The reason I say this is because I've noticed that she tries to be as inconspicuous as possible.  I didn't notice that she was one of Michael Bates' bridesmaids until sharp eyed viewers pointed her out.   

Edited by Adeejay
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well ... that's something.  Another courtship and wedding.  The shambling corpse of this show limps on, zombie-like.  I hope this man has a source of income that's more stable and lucrative that playing soccer in a second-tier league in one of the worst soccer markets in the world. 

ETA:  Interesting insites into this guy - http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/03/11/philadelphians-abroad-former-rbny-keeper-vuolo-leaves-soccer-for-ministry/

Definitely not Catholic, though his father is no longer pastor in Downingtown, PA.  He's moved on.

Edited by Lemur
  • Love 6

My two cents on Jana:

1. She saw Derick and Ben and thought I can do much better.

2. She saw married life aka Anna/Josh, Jill/Derick, and Jessa/Ben and thought no way do I want to go down this road.

3. JB may have highly "suggested" Derick and possibly Jeremy to her, but she turned them both down.

5 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

My two cents on Jana:

2. She saw married life aka Anna/Josh, Jill/Derick, and Jessa/Ben and thought no way do I want to go down this road.

3. JB may have highly "suggested" Derick and possibly Jeremy to her, but she turned them both down.

At this point, it sounds like Jessa is behind Jinger and Jeremy. I think Jessa has the gumption to take JBoob on and for whatever reason, JB and MEchelle accept that from her. She's probably been a handful from the beginning. Also I'm concluding that Jana is choosing to be the stay-at-home daughter. She's the "nun" of the family. Maybe JD is the "priest," since they share so much DNA.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

My two cents on Jana:

Jana's just waiting out the clock here until JB drops dead of a heart attack and she can stick Michelle in an institution.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's a fairly recent convert. He was a "heavy drinker" in high school and college. I'm sure he's had his way with more than one girl in his past. Probably one of those "born again virgins." At least we can look forward to a decent first kiss at the altar? 

This is video from the Ordination Service of Jeremy Vuolo which took place on March 5, 2016 in Laredo, TX.

http://www.beyondtheultimate.org/athlete/Jeremy-Vuolo

It's going to be more of the same.

• Love 2

He can't help most of it, but his voice doesn't match the rest of him.  He's got that fake-earnest half-whisper going on that's the "keeping sweet" equivalent standard for evangelical video makers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

He's hot.

Now Jinger, get rid of the terrible makeup. Go into the 'city' and have a free makeover at MAC cosmetics or something. Try to do something with your hair (check out http://www.freckled-fox.com/) for a fundi ish person with long hair who always looks beautiful. Have a real wedding. Don't let your sisters near the planning.

Invite the amount of guests you can seat in a proper venue. How about one of the glass churches? Those are so pretty. Be different, we don't need wedding edition #4 big family as cheap as possible. 

Dear groom

Great acting, keep it up for a few more months and then drop the act, take your bride and run. ;) 

I don't know if you've visitied that blog lately, but it links to a post where the poor girl lost her husband to cancer last week.  Not what I expected when I clicked the link.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lemur said:

Well ... that's something.  Another courtship and wedding.  The shambling corpse of this show limps on, zombie-like.  I hope this man has a source of income that's more stable and lucrative that playing soccer in a second-tier league in one of the worst soccer markets in the world. 

ETA:  Interesting insites into this guy - http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/03/11/philadelphians-abroad-former-rbny-keeper-vuolo-leaves-soccer-for-ministry/

Definitely not Catholic, though his father is no longer pastor in Downingtown, PA.  He's moved on.

Yeah, from what I understand from the family friend, this branch of the Vuolos went kind of "rogue." Sounds like he has something of an IFB background (or something similar to it), although other relatives are all Catholic. He must have had a short period of "rebellion" before falling back in line. His alma mater is actually a school with Lutheran ties, and his parents come from inherited money. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Holy Crap! I'm late to the party.  This guy is really nice looking. Good for Jinger, and hopefully, she'll finally be freed. Boob really hasn't got a choice but to start shedding dependents, so I think at this point, he can't really be too choosey! 

• Love 2
(edited)
41 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

I don't know if you've visitied that blog lately, but it links to a post where the poor girl lost her husband to cancer last week.  Not what I expected when I clicked the link.

That's really sad. She seems really put together for someone with so many little children. She's like a Disney princess (hair wise). She isn't a Dugg person, but she has that long hair and seems to know what to do with it. 

What are the odds that Mr. Soccer player doesn't stay on the compound? 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
(edited)

He's already an ordained pastor at a fundie church in Laredo, TX. One of the church videos has someone being saved from the ebil ghey, so I really don't hold out any hope that Jinger will be freed. It's more of the same old shit. Kim Jong Boob wouldn't approve any other kind of guy. (eta: this video can be found in the "testimony" section of the church website I posted a few posts below).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

That's really sad. She seems really put together for someone with so many little children. She's like a Disney princess (hair wise). She isn't a Dugg person, but she has that long hair and seems to know what to do with it. 

What are the odds that Mr. Soccer player doesn't stay on the compound? 

Slim to none. Mr. Soccer player has quit soccer to have a ministry.

On 6/3/2016 at 0:02 PM, Defrauder said:

I can totally relate to the Duggar girls/women - always having to be in full makeup and looking their best.  Starting when I was 12, my parents expected the girls to wear full makeup - in and out of the house at all times (except when sleeping of course).  We could wear whatever we wanted - jeans, t-shirts, short skirts, bikini's, whatever - but we were always expected to wear makeup.  And stay very thin.  Decades later, I find it very awkward to be without makeup, in or out of the house.  Fortunately, after so much practice I can put on my foundation, blush, lipstick, mascara and eyeshadow in 5 minutes flat.  I think my parents prided themselves on having the best looking children possible.  I'm not from the south and just thought of it as a generational thing.  

That's really sad; I'm sorry you have to endure that. What prompted your parents to want you to be all made up?

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's already an ordained pastor at a fundie church in Laredo, TX. One of the church videos has someone being saved from the ebil ghey, so I really don't hold out any hope that Jinger will be freed. It's more of the same old shit. Kim Jong Boob wouldn't approve any other kind of guy. 

And you can bet TLC won't be showing any of that on the show.

• Love 3

Meh, well, he's pretty hot, but he doesn't interest me then.

Yawn, another wedding with 3000 people eating ice cream and drinking kool-aid, another trip to the modest wedding dress shop, another registry with 1000 things added, including replenishing Josh and JB's house, Another season of hand-holding and talking about how JB and Michelle wished they had saved their kiss, talk about Jessa and Bin running to hide for their kiss, Jill and Derelicts first kiss... will she or won't she. Other couples reminiscing, replays before and after the commercial, courtship, lord.... I'm bored just typing it. SIERRA..gag. 

• Love 19

Too bad the bride's family plans the wedding. His Italian relatives are going to be laughing their asses off at whatever crap Sierra pulls off....IF they even get invited. They may exclude all the ebil Catholics! 

• Love 10

It also just dawned on me that Jinger was very evasive when asked about courting on the J&J:CO shows. She said stuff like "Stay tuned..." I figured she was taking the bullshit bullet for the family to make sure people tuned in, but she really WAS hiding something. I wonder if they started courting around the time they wrapped filming, and that this was the "life-changing" announcement they promised that never came. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Too bad the bride's family plans the wedding. His Italian relatives are going to be laughing their asses off at whatever crap Sierra pulls off....IF they even get invited. They may exclude all the ebil Catholics! 

Italians are all about great food.  I can just see how appalling they would find drippy sundaes and stale popcorn  and the other slop that Sierra calls catering.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm horrified for the Italians! As an Italian (100 % even born there) I would be horrified if I got invited to a wedding with NO food. That family would have to "be talked" about for years and years to come! Italians NEVER forget.

• Love 21

He is the son of a pastor, however, he did attend public school. He is yet another guy "into the ministry". How will he earn an income since it seems he no longer plays professional soccer?  Is he depending on TLC, too?

• Love 5
Just now, louannems said:

He is the son of a pastor, however, he did attend public school. He is yet another guy "into the ministry". How will he earn an income since it seems he no longer plays professional soccer?  Is he depending on TLC, too?

Grift and TLC. It's the Duggar way (he should say goodbye to his family). Tax free donations to his ministry.  SOS tour to plant a church. Ho hum. 

• Love 4

So will they abide by the no hand holding, no kissing crap like the other two?  If he's had a bit more "life experience" he may be more open to (gasp) physical affection before marriage..

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

He's better looking and speaks better than either Derick or Ben.  My what a low bar we have for these guys.

To me, he looks exactly like a mix of Bin and Derick!

• Love 3

Great news for Jinger but IMO something seems a bit off about it.  I agree with whoever said that it is strange that a 28 year old guy who has been to college and traveled is suddenly interested in a girl who has barely left the house without a chaperone.  If Jinger was a "normal" 22 year old it would be fine but I find it strange that a guy with "worldly" experience would be keen on a girl who has never had her own bedroom and has the emotional maturity of a teenager.  

Which leads me to believe that he is drinking the kool aid in the hope of getting his ministry off the ground.  His soccer team dissolved and he doesn't seem interested in following up in business administration.  So the next best thing is to find a Christian reality TV family with marriageable daughters who are looking for nice, young, Christian men to pass their daughters off to.  It worked for both Derrick and Ben (in their own minds at least). 

I'm a cynic but I see the Duggars as looking desperately for someone to court one of their daughters and the new guy as looking for a way to get his ministry going. Match made in heaven!

I would love to be proven wrong on all this but I can't see the Duggars allowing this new courtship to be any different to the other two.  Maybe they will hold hands but the tried and true method for TV was no touching and obsessive conversations about purity. If they want their show back, I imagine they will stick to what they know. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Teena said:

I'm guessing Jeremy Vuolo is of Italian heritage.   The name "Vuolo" is definitely Italian...

At 28, having been to University and been a part of the Finnish soccer team---my guess is that he's NOT a virgin, but you know---the men in these religions can proclaim themselves "born again virgins" at any time.

On his preaching video, he did say ha gave in to sin and lust while at college.

• Love 3
(edited)

His instagram has 2 photos and 0 followers, and his blog is protected, so that gives me a lot of hope. (for whatever reason.) (i mean if it is him, lets be real, I could be wrong, but also how common could his name be?

Edited by allonsyalice
18 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Wow he looks totally disinterested in her and so fake. 

That's what I see, too. I think it's very possible that he was hired to play a role on a "reality" show. It just seems waaaay to convenient that this guy shows up just in time to save the family business/reality show from going under. He's unemployed and could probably use the paycheck and the publicity -- it's a win/win for everyone.

I hope I'm wrong, and they get married and then he gets picked up by a soccer team at least 6 time zones away . . .

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's what I see, too. I think it's very possible that he was hired to play a role on a "reality" show. It just seems waaaay to convenient that this guy shows up just in time to save the family business/reality show from going under. He's unemployed and could probably use the paycheck and the publicity -- it's a win/win for everyone.

I hope I'm wrong, and they get married and then he gets picked up by a soccer team at least 6 time zones away . . .

I swear I was trying to watch the video objectively but it was immediately present how he acts like an actor reading off a card not talking from the heart. At least Bin and Derrick looked like they liked their girlfriends somewhat lol

12 minutes ago, MrsMommy said:

Their website refuses to let me watch the video. But from the cover it looks awkward the way she is holding her head... freaky..

I can't see the video either, but that still, eegads, they do not look like a couple. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, MrsMommy said:

Their website refuses to let me watch the video. But from the cover it looks awkward the way she is holding her head... freaky..

I think its just that he's so much taller. And chiming in on the 28 year old thing and purity, hum no. I do hope Jinger gets the best of the Duggar husband lot and can live in a nice city because, poor thing, there's a whole website hoping she'll do well...

• Love 5

Hello everyone! The mods are working at putting together a thread for Jinger and Jeremy. We may ask for thread name suggestions and letting everyone vote for their favorite thread title. So put your thinking caps on, and the mods will start working on this tomorrow.

Hmm, is "went into the ministry"  Fundie translation for "couldn't hack it in the real world"?

I want to be happy for Jinger, but the red flags are flying for me. For one, that guy looks 35. I know he's only 28, but the age difference is creeping me out. For another, we've got yet another potential son-in-law with no real job. I'm not trying to shit on anyone's faith, but a guy with a degree choosing "the ministry" screams of slacker. 

I'm wondering if he's like Benny Boy where he has Rick Warren/Joel Osteen aspirations and figures regular appearances on TLC will get the ball rolling. 

And finally, poor Jana. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride....

• Love 11

No amount of money is worth the invasion that happens when you let cameras into your home. Fuck JB and Michelle for this. Their offspring have to deal with enough. I hate them and just shake my head at the reasons why these people still do this? I mean, look at this... It's honestly crazy. Jinger is courting. Who the fuck should honestly care?  Yup, she's putting it out there, but, this is all she knows. Before that, it was living in isolation.. Being a kid/teen and this life being thrust upon them, just makes me sick. And then once that name is released, let the doxxing commence. Strange and sad and weird. I don't get it. Arrest records, family history, etc.. It's creepy as all hell. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

He's already an ordained pastor at a fundie church in Laredo, TX. One of the church videos has someone being saved from the ebil ghey, so I really don't hold out any hope that Jinger will be freed. It's more of the same old shit. Kim Jong Boob wouldn't approve any other kind of guy. (eta: this video can be found in the "testimony" section of the church website I posted a few posts below).

Kim Jong Boob?! I am slayed!!! I also agree 100% this is just same shit, different day. Jeremy is Derick Dullard 2.0. College degree but doing nothing with it, dabbled in a career, claims to have voluntarily given up said career to pursue "ministry," no discernable source of income, questionable motives. Let the grifting begin!!!

• Love 11