Type keyword(s) to search

The Lonely Js Club: Jana, Jason, James, Jackson & Johannah

Message added by Scarlett45,

Discussing the charges against Jana is fine, but do not post any information that reveals her address/contact information- even if said documents are public (i.e. a part of court proceedings.)

Discussing charges against Jana is NOT a jumping off point to speculate on other instances abuse/neglect etc towards the M-children or to elaborate on Josh's conviction and potential victims.  

• Start Topic

So Jana "coordinates large events" is that another way of saying she is in charge of all parties?  Large parties where she still has to take care of her assigned howlers and yet make sure the party goes off without a hitch?

Lucky Jana!  If she starts courting now, and drags it out for a couple of years, then has a year long engagement (way to be different from her sisters) she might be able to hit 30 before she starts breeding.  Fingers crossed!

John David - no paragraph for you!

• Love 8

Rude person: "Are you and your twin telepathic?"

Twin: "Yes. Right now he's thinking you're a dumb ass."

Walk away.

Bwahaha I'm going to tell my identical twins to start saying that.

Back to Jana. Maybe Boob has finally come to the realization that it's time to let Jana go so she can be married and have her own family. Annnnnnndddd I think he sees the Bates marrying their kids off so he has to compete. They really need to call Matchmaker Kelly for the job. I'm sure Kelly could find a nice caring guy for Jana. She has gotten it right for all her girls.

• Love 2

I agree Boob and Michelle didn't write that. They've never referred to themselves as "Mom and Pops" on any of the other birthday messages (at least to my recollection). Jessa could give two craps about Jana unless she needs her to cook dinner or take the night shift with Spurge, so I'd eliminate her from the list of prospects. Jill's too busy missioncationing and Jinger's barely holding on to her sanity. I think you guys are correct in naming Anna as the one who wrote and posted the message.

• Love 2

They do look nice.  Interesting that Jana's teeth are blinding white, whereas JD clearly isn't bothering.

The girls have spray tans/fake tans. That will make your teeth look whiter by comparisson to someone without a tan. I'm very fair and I know when I get a spray tan my teeth instantly look much whiter.

• Love 1

I read that and immediately thought "no way Michelle wrote that." I log on here and we are all thinking the same thing.

I agree with the above poster. Anna wrote it.

I think Michelle is loopy after loosing Jubilee (not judgement there, it's rough to loose a baby) and this Josh fiasco. She is lying down all day, half out of it.

I bet Anna and Jana are running the show completely. Michelle was hands off previously but I think that was from laziness. I suspect Michelle is so messed up now that she is non functional for most of the day. She pops up when she has an appearance or filming. Otherwise, she is in bad shape.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 5

Not good at guessing who wrote it myself, but if it said "Duggar", makes sense that it was from a template or person, who themselves might have to indicate Mom and Pop Somebody Else at some other time.

So, basically Mad-libs.

• Love 7

Anna would be one of the few who would have a reason to differentiate Moms and Pops DUGGAR from some other Moms and Pops. Signing Jana and JDs description with a last name makes me think it was not a born Duggar who wrote it. Let's add Sierra and the Homeschool Spinster Visitor (can't remember her name) to the mix, but I still think Anna.

• Love 6

Anna would be one of the few who would have a reason to differentiate Moms and Pops DUGGAR from some other Moms and Pops. Signing Jana and JDs description with a last name makes me think it was not a born Duggar who wrote it. Let's add Sierra and the Homeschool Spinster Visitor (can't remember her name) to the mix, but I still think Anna.

I thought that the facebook page was written by someone else (or am I thinking of the website?), in which case that person could have been given a few notes and turned it into a message.

• Love 1

OK so what can you say about these people?  What can people say about me?  I would guess they'd say I love irony, laugh with people but never at people, have a heart for animals,  highly logical and hang around the Jewish community center for kicks, not because I'm Jewish.  Lifelong inability to even open the mail let along do anything with it or other paperwork, but if somebody else can do that, I can clean.  Lousy cook except for a few things that I will eat.  Working life spent in thinking primarily and finding holes in policies and illogical or unworkable procedures, anger in funding studies that mean nothing.   The "SO WHAT" factor is strong in me.  I am pleased to help people who show signs of wanting to help themselves.  Talk easily to strangers.

Hmm.  Whoever writes their accolades for birthdays would be in a pickle with me.  Only have a heart for animals.  And actually help people instead of pray for them, which costs me nothing and gives no results as far as I can see.  Oh, and think instead of robot around all the time.  Where is the real Jana and John David and the rest?  We learned more this birthday, but maybe there really is no there, there.  Although I think there is.  I still don't see JD sleeping with the little boys.  I just know he has a computer with a flight program on it, needed for being a pilot and improving skills.  And messing around.  Not allowed to show his normalcy, but I think it's there, hidden.  Jana seems a gentle soul.  But her friends at least say she laughs and likes cheese.  More than we knew before.

• Love 5

Jana's friend posted a birthday message to IG that was intercepted by a Duggar tumblr page. Apparently, Jana is talkative, funny, and loves cheese. LOL! 

http://duggars.tumblr.com/post/137166186540

Well, this gives me mixed feelings. I'm glad that she's talkative and funny (and loves cheese), because she apparently has some fun with people, which is not something I'd be convinced of otherwise. On the other hand, the fact that she pretty much completely hides those things in the media part of her life makes me think she is probably unhappy with the media aspect of her life -- or at least for some reason chooses to mostly hide her real self during the media part of her life, which can't be fun. So that makes me sad for her, because who wants huge galumphing unavoidable parts of our life wherein you feel you can't be yourself at all? ... Not that any of this surprises me, I guess. In fact, I'm kind of shocked by how closely it seems to match what I would have expected --

• Love 6

I'm going with Anna too. I know she has referred to JB as"Pops" on the show. I'm thinking she may have been the one to start saying it to differentiate between her Dad & JB. Then the J'slaves picked up on it.

Maybe THE party planner of all time, Sierra, is grooming Jana in the field. Is event planning Gothard approved?

• Love 1

Someone above said a no family member did the website. I guess I assumed it was a family member. I mean seriously, they have at least 10 people in the TTH would could take the time to do it.

It does make sense thought that a non family member wrote that, bc anyway you slice it, it does not read as if Michelle or JimBob wrote it.

Mixed gender twins are always fraternal.  Identical twins come from a single zygote that splits post-fertilization.

*sshhhhhh. Don't use the science thingy words about the preshussss. Inside the mommy's tummy there are sparkly rainbows and tiny golden fireworks that twinkle like diamonds. *tiptoes away...

• Love 15

Funny about the fraternal/identical.  Mr. lookeyloo is a twin. He has a twin brother.  His mother insists they are identical.   She used to ask them if they felt the pain of their brother.  They thought she was cuckoo.  They don't even look like brothers.  One is taller, dark hair and the other is much smaller, blond hair.  Could they be identical?  Mr. lookeyloo is the taller dark haired one.  

• Love 1

I bet Jana is talkative and funny!  I think when she gets to be around her friend, and who knows how often that is, she is so relieved from not having to watch/feed/school/bathe a howler or 2 or 3 that she relaxes and has a good time.

Isn't cheese in most of their recipes?  What is not to love.

• Love 5

Funny about the fraternal/identical. Mr. lookeyloo is a twin. He has a twin brother. His mother insists they are identical. She used to ask them if they felt the pain of their brother. They thought she was cuckoo. They don't even look like brothers. One is taller, dark hair and the other is much smaller, blond hair. Could they be identical? Mr. lookeyloo is the taller dark haired one.

I'm no geneticist, but you're right. Not much of a chance they're identical. From my observations, with identical twins, one is usually very slightly taller/larger - line maybe an inch and a couple of pounds bigger - but very, very, minor. Even considering environmental factors like sun exposure, diet, physical activity, illness, etc., if two twins don't really even look related, they're fraternal.

Are any of the Duggar twins identical? I forget if there are two sets of Howler boys plus Jana and JD, or just one set of Howlers. But remember, Michelle delivered EACH AND EVERY ONE. No storks, carries or cabbage patches involved.

That was supposed to say FAIRIES autocorrect.

• Love 2

I have 16-month-old identical twin grandsons and I am constantly explaining to them that they used to be the SAME PERSON (I know...) and also that when they are big boys, they may commit crimes and blame them on each other. At some point, I guess I should knock it off.

Are the Duggar boy twins identical? Because I would like to give them this advice. I bet Josh wishes he had an identical twin to blame some things on right about now.

• Love 11

Is there only one set of howler twins? After Joy, I'm just confused until the Lost Girls appear, and then I can't remember the order of Hannie, Jennifer, etc. Josie is last we all know.

"Josh is our oldest ... then there's Jana, John-David (twins), Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah (twins), Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn(-Grace), and our latest, tiny, precious addition Josie! .. and I delivered every one of them!"
  • Love 4

The Howler twins both have identical Y chromosomes, but that's about it, they couldn't be mistaken for each other. sfl7ia.jpg.

I think Jackson and Justin are more similar looking, and they aren't twins.

Poor twins. They don't even get their own taped-together notebook paper sign. The '& Jer' looks like an afterthought.... a metaphor for his life I suppose.

• Love 3

Sadly no photos of any special meal or goopy sundaes for the twins have surfaced. I hope their birthday treat wasn't the trip to the lumber yard.

I wasn't being serious, but I guess the lumberyard trip really was the reason they both got dressed up.

I'd gladly watch a show based on the expansion of the TTH that involves the construction of an annex containing proper private bedrooms.

• Love 2

I'd gladly watch a show based on the expansion of the TTH that involves the construction of an annex containing proper private bedrooms.

You aren't going to see that unless someday most of the kids do get married and move onto a nearby landfill-adjacent lot, and JB and M decide to make some bucks by turning most of the TTH into a Bed and Breakfast for All Your Leghumping Needs. And have Jana run it.

She already sits at the reception desk every day. She might as well check people in, too. .... And, heck, they might as well fill some beds. Grandma would miss doing 15 loads of laundry a day otherwise.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

You aren't going to see that unless someday most of the kids do get married and move onto a nearby landfill-adjacent lot, and JB and M decide to make some bucks by turning most of the TTH into a Bed and Breakfast for All Your Leghumping Needs. And have Jana run it.

She already sits at the reception desk every day. She might as well check people in, too. .... And, heck, they might as well fill some beds. Grandma would miss doing 15 loads of laundry a day otherwise.

Oh my. I would be so afraid to stay in that home even years after the Duggars owned it. I would feel physically and emotionally dirty just being in there.

• Love 1

I know this was brought up before, but why do the boys have such yellow teeth and the girls have such blindingly white ones?  Is it really that they are the only ones allowed to bleach?  Do the boys not care?  Everyone's gums look nice and healthy, but the color difference is striking.

I wonder if they already have visitor lanyards.

I still think constructing suites for the over 21s (at TLC's expense) could provide some much needed filmable shit.

• Love 2

I know this was brought up before, but why do the boys have such yellow teeth and the girls have such blindingly white ones?  Is it really that they are the only ones allowed to bleach?  Do the boys not care?  Everyone's gums look nice and healthy, but the color difference is striking.

Because boy's countenance doesn't matter, because girls aren't tempted by their boy parts. ;)

• Love 3

The boys get sent out to "work" at 16. I don't know what they do, but the rapid onset of crows feet suggests it's outdoors, and they don't care about sunscreen. The girls barely go outside, and I think they've got plenty of free time to bleach their teeth, in the interests of their countenance of course.

• Love 3

I'm no geneticist, but you're right. Not much of a chance they're identical. From my observations, with identical twins, one is usually very slightly taller/larger - line maybe an inch and a couple of pounds bigger - but very, very, minor. Even considering environmental factors like sun exposure, diet, physical activity, illness, etc., if two twins don't really even look related, they're fraternal.

Agreed. My son-in-law and his brother are the least alike identical twins I've ever met, with different speech patterns, walks, interests, abilities, clothing and grooming choices, etc. And yet we have a video of my wedding-dress-clad daughter turning to the WRONG TWIN and telling him it's time to cut the cake! Even though people can identify many distinct diffwrences between the two, they're still uncannily alike. BTW my daughter realized her mistake instantly, and her reaction was priceless.

In a family of neglected, interchagable kids, how much must it suck to not even get a birth date all to yourself?

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7

IIRC, For a lot of them, there were times they didn't even get to celebrate their birthday on their birth day. I remember on one episode Boob guffawed they were busy on one child's birthday, so they celebrated at another time later on in the month. I realize in the real world most birthday parties aren't held on the actual birthday but there is still a small family party or some type of recognition. I believe with the Duggars it's no big deal not to recognize the child's birthday or consider it an afterthought or lump multiple monthly birthdays together like they do in the workplace. Maybe not so much now since their followers expect something on social media (hence the gooey chocolate dripping sundaes which have been around awhile but seem new & awesome to them.) But how many of us can brag as a child, we went to a pawnshop on our birthdays & got to haggle for a present that was too juvenile for us? Or be reminded by our mother on each birthday that she could have died giving birth to us? Oh what birthday memories these kids must have.

• Love 5

Laughing hysterically at this. 

• Love 3

All those birthday postings seem a little off to me, but not for the reasons anyone has mentioned yet. If you're celebrating someone's birthday, wouldn't you talk about relevant things the person has done in the last year? When someone lists every accomplishment you've had since birth and seemingly every hope they have for your future, that seems more appropriate for a significant life event, like going off to college, getting a job, getting married, etc. Or an obituary.

Also, for the record, all the birthday cards I received from my Mom (in the pre-Facebook era) had a lovely Hallmark verse and were signed "Love, Your Mother". I knew which mother had sent them. (And now I'm going to go get teary-eyed because this year it will be 10 years since I got a card like that.)

• Love 15

All those birthday postings seem a little off to me, but not for the reasons anyone has mentioned yet. If you're celebrating someone's birthday, wouldn't you talk about relevant things the person has done in the last year? When someone lists every accomplishment you've had since birth and seemingly every hope they have for your future, that seems more appropriate for a significant life event, like going off to college, getting a job, getting married, etc. Or an obituary.

Kind of suggests that they don't know any significant things the person has done in the last year. Either because none of the kids has actually done anything significant in the past year. Or because Jizm Bob and Clown Car know so little about the kids that it takes looking back over their whole lives to collect enough facts to make a sentence. Or, more likely in the Duggars' case, both.

Tragic excuse for a family.

EMLB: "sense" and "sentence" are not the same. quite

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

In the past year, have any of them done anything besides give birth, grift and combat Josh's public outings?

Well, if they were my kids (or even if they weren't, really) I'd have something to say about John David's increasing skills as a pilot -- with an anecdote, probably, and something about his getting his instrument rating -- and about Jana's drawings for the nativity scene and what I especially liked about her work there. And those are just the things we know about.

Honestly, even the most slow-coach people in my life always do something that I can mention. They're people, not stones. And I expect that Jana's busy around that house all day long. They do things -- maybe not major-milepost-type things, since they're not allowed to go to school or get jobs or interact with the outside world -- but actions, nevertheless. It's just that their parents neither know nor care. In this case, for example, it seems to be the general opinion that their parents didn't even care enough to write the incredibly lame birthday wish.

I once had a boss who, when my fifth job anniversary came round, was asked, as everybody always was, to talk about me for about 30 seconds at the company meeting. She said she had no idea what to say and asked me to write something, then read it in a stumbling voice, and added a couple of phrases of her own that were a) inaccurate and b) made me look much less accomplished and competent than I was. It made me furious. There were a couple of other people spoken of at the same meeting for various anniversaries -- including a first anniversary -- who were enthusiastically gushed over in what were clearly their bosses' words, not their own. But I wasn't surprised -- she was completely wrapped up in herself and paid no attention to other people, so of course she didn't know the first thing about me and didn't care to learn. This Duggar birthday situation is the same, I've always thought. Just like my boss, they have to make these birthday pronouncements -- although in their case it's for their media fame, not because it's a workplace agenda point -- and since they neither know or care they do what they do. And what they do is crap. They are crap. And the main cause for whatever deficiencies their children have, too.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13

Also, for the record, all the birthday cards I received from my Mom (in the pre-Facebook era) had a lovely Hallmark verse and were signed "Love, Your Mother". I knew which mother had sent them. (And now I'm going to go get teary-eyed because this year it will be 10 years since I got a card like that.)

You are so right about Boob & MEchelle (& ghost writer) giving a lifetime synopsis instead of something relevant that happened in the past year.

I know my husband & I can never be the wonderful parents like Boob & MEchelle are. (said sarcastically) I think the only time I wrote a novella to my son was when he graduated from high school. Like Church honey mentioned, I captured specific memories from him holding my hand tightly on the first day of kindergarten to graduating sixth in his class. I ended it with my usual "we are so proud of you" that he gets on every card.

Adding my two cents, my Mom can never just sign her name on a card, she has to include a small message, which is great. We kid her about it but I'm sure when the time comes, her messages will be greatly missed. So I know where you are coming from Quilt Fairy.

Churchhoney- that's awful what your boss did especially in front of the company. Maybe she's a distant Duggar relative.

• Love 7

Churchhoney- that's awful what your boss did especially in front of the company. Maybe she's a distant Duggar relative.

Maybe someday "Duggar" will be a verb. And when somebody says, "Wow, she really Duggared me," they won't mean anything good.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 15

I once had a boss who, when my fifth job anniversary came round, was asked, as everybody always was, to talk about me for about 30 seconds at the company meeting. She said she had no idea what to say and asked me to write something, then read it in a stumbling voice, and added a couple of phrases of her own that were a) inaccurate and b) made me look much less accomplished and competent than I was. It made me furious. There were a couple of other people spoken of at the same meeting for various anniversaries -- including a first anniversary -- who were enthusiastically gushed over in what were clearly their bosses' words, not their own. But I wasn't surprised -- she was completely wrapped up in herself and paid no attention to other people, so of course she didn't know the first thing about me and didn't care to learn. This Duggar birthday situation is the same, I've always thought. Just like my boss, they have to make these birthday pronouncements -- although in their case it's for their media fame, not because it's a workplace agenda point -- and since they neither know or care they do what they do. And what they do is crap. They are crap. And the main cause for whatever deficiencies their children have, too.

I had exactly the same happening to me, for my 5th anniversary - my then Boss stumbled through some perfunctionary words. It was crucifying.

But neither Mechelle nor DimBulb really know their kids, since they've never bothered to get to know them. Those kids are generic, exchangeable and don't matter a damn on an individual basis at all.

I would really like to know when was the last time that Mechelle really bothered about any of her children?

• Love 1

I don't think that they really know any of their children beyond saying something generic about them.

Years ago someone came up to me to ask me about a student.  i remember telling them what I knew about their strengths and where they might be needing some help. As i finished my brief synopsis about the student, it occurred to me that the student wasn't even in my class!  So I said, "Wait a minute.  This student isn't even in my class.  Why didn't you ask M.-------, this student is in room ---."  The answer I got floored me.  "I knew if I asked you, you would give me a clear picture, so and so doesn't really know anything about the student."

That's what I think whenever i hear these parents (and I use the term loosely) talk about their children.  No real connection (so it seems to me) to any of them or any knowledge about them.

On a totally different note, on my birthday ever since I can remember, my dad signs the card "We love you.  Love your mom and dad"  

• Love 7

It strikes me that Jana and John David are the most productive yet least appreciated members of the family.  The most competent, JD a pilot, Jana the everything, there in a moment's notice for Josie's seizures, yet Jana and JD are also filmed the least, usually, maybe by choice.  As the oldest in the family after Josh they take on the brunt of a lot of the work.  Poor JD having to fly people around on JB's orders for Josh escapades and visits.  I don't think he even likes Josh anymore and JD appears way more competent.  It must have made him sick how JB and Michelle practically worshipped the ground Josh walked on before the truth became public.

• Love 7

Sadly, it appears from Joe's birthday message today that he has dropped out of Clown College. They say he wants to get real estate and commercial driving licenses. Now, if he's in RE, and Jizm Boob is in RE, and lord knows how many other howlers (and supposedly Ben) get into RE, aren't they going to fight over listings, or will they just share a big community pot with Boob always in control? 

So sad. 

• Love 5