Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E27: Truth Be Told

• Start Topic

You guys have pretty much said it all. I don't know why in hell Mackenzie would want to marry Ryan. That footage was pretty disturbing, he could have killed someone.

I (suprisingly) wasn't annoyed by Cate and Tyler this episode. The ducks were cute. When they showed the flashbacks from all their previous homes, they showed Cate with her short hair. She looked so much cuter with that.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Exactly.  From what I know about heroin addicts, it is almost impossible to get and stay clean.  It is something like 1% of addicts are able to stay clean after a 30 day rehab.  He needs to change his whole life - move away, change friends, etc. if he wants a chance.

Yup. I had a cousin who almost died because of heroin. He is now 3 years sober. He did treatment, but he also had to move back home and change his entire social scene in order to keep on the straight and narrow. My Aunt went to counseling as well, to learn how to handle it. Something Larry and Jen should consider.  I know Jen loves her child dearly, but her constant coddling is doing him no favors. 

20 hours ago, Soobs said:

Because once he sobers up he might not want to marry her.

But why would she want to marry HIM? This is what I can't figure out. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, gunderda said:

They zoomed in on his sunglasses while the preacher was talking.. and he was zoning out a bit.  But then he took his sunglasses off to kiss her, which I guess is nice???

Wasn't Rev. Dee Snider wearing sunglasses too? It might have been awfully bright out there. Too bad Ryan even wears his indoors. 

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Matt must have taken Mackenzie's driver license as well.

You shut your mouth. We all know it was JEFF. 

• Love 14
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:23 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

How old is Nova? I think she's only a couple of months (or less) younger than my son who is 2.5. He started climbing out of his crib around 16 months old so we transitioned to a toddler bed. A few months ago, he got a big boy twin car bed. My son is tall, strong, and a pro at scaling things, but it seems weird that at this point, Tyler would say Nova needs to start sleeping in her crib (I assume that means she sleeps in their bed or on the couch or something). Shouldn't he be saying that his over two years old child needs to start sleeping in her toddler bed and go convert that crib into a toddler bed (it looks like it converts, but I'm not sure...and they can surely afford to buy a toddler bed frame if not). That was weird to me. I know some toddlers stay in their cribs longer than mine, but it struck me as weird. 

Because that dress was for the viewers at home and the cameras. Who cares how impractical or out of place it looked? Mackenzie had to *impress* us with her princess gown. Also, she's 20. 

Nova is a day younger than my daughter.  We just transitioned her to a big girl bed last weekend.   We could've done it sooner, but she hadn't tried climbing out yet and it was nice having her contained.  We made the decision to transition her when she got her little leg stuck in between the slats at 2 in the morning a couple of weeks ago and had to use a wrench to pry her out.  Ordered her a new bed the following day.  It DOES seem odd that they would want her to START sleeping in a crib when she's a full-blown toddler.  Her own bed, sure.  But a crib when she hasn't already been sleeping in one?  No, guys.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

You guys have pretty much said it all. I don't know why in hell Mackenzie would want to marry Ryan. That footage was pretty disturbing, he could have killed someone.

Mackenzie is a Maci superfan so it makes sense that she's having a Weekend At Bernie's-themed wedding with Ryan. 

• Love 16
(edited)
57 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Wasn't Rev. Dee Snider wearing sunglasses too? It might have been awfully bright out there. Too bad Ryan even wears his indoors. 

You shut your mouth. We all know it was JEFF. 

You're killing me smalls!! lol 

Ryan wore his sunglasses inside the building where Maci got married. Yeah, she can fuck off with her bullshit story that she didn't know about Ryan's drug use. 

I was going to post how some people leave rehab as soon as their insurance no longer covers it, it is not a choice for them to want to leave. But surely MTV paid for Ryan's rehab stint. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

The insistence on getting married that day is so weird to me.  If it was for reasons like insurance or custody, why did it have to be that day?  That very afternoon!  6:30?  Ok, we'll take it!  Here's a theory - I think it might have been rehab related.  Either an ultimatum, or maybe there was a spot for him in a rehab facility, but only if he checked in immediately.  I don't get why MacKenzie wouldn't want to wait until after he got out, but maybe the shotgun wedding was part of the way to get Ryan into treatment.  It would also explain why she agreed to go through with it even after Ryan was high as a kite driving there, and wore friggin sunglasses when they said their i do's.  Those who watch the show Intervention know what I'm talking about - the only goal is to get the addict to say yes to rehab.  Sometimes they even allow the addict to have one last hit (supervised), so long as it's on the way to rehab.  IDK....just theorizing.

Except he didn't go into rehab for 2 more weeks after they got married.

Questions for our legal buddies (I know there are a few legal professionals on here):

- Does marrying strength your case for more custody?

-If one is intoxicated when they plan to marry and actually marry, can that void the marriage?

Just now, lezlers said:

Except he didn't go into rehab for 2 more weeks after they got married.

They needed a honeymoon!

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Questions for our legal buddies (I know there are a few legal professionals on here):

- Does marrying strength your case for more custody?

-If one is intoxicated when they plan to marry and actually marry, can that void the marriage?

They needed a honeymoon!

No, marrying doesn't strengthen your case. The thing is, Ryan and Mackenzie live in Tennessee. As I pointed out previously with a link, that state is somewhat backwards with their laws. They are pretty sexist. It just might, emphasis on "might", be a factor when trying to obtain partial custody. Looking at Tennessee laws would be the direction to go and find that answer, but generally speaking, no lawyer would tell a couple to get married in order to try and obtain ONE extra day of visitation, which is what Ryan said to Mackenzie. Never has any attorney I worked for ever told any client they would need to get married to strengthen their case. They would advise them to show they are a good parent and in a healthy place in life, but they would never tell anyone to go and get married. Just recently gay couples didn't have the right to marriage, but they are in relationships and sometimes children are a part of those relationships. It would be unfair for judges to base their decision on a couple who are married while some couples were not allowed to even marry. Although, I could see Tennessee courts making decisions based on people being married as being morally healthy for the children involved while looking at gay couples as not being worthy of being proper parents. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They needed a honeymoon!

I would think that Ryan could file for annulment if he wanted to, once sober.  He wouldn't have had the mental capacity to make the decision to get married.  But, obviously, it wouldn't just happen automatically.  He'd have to petition the court etc similar to a divorce.

• Love 5
On 6/27/2017 at 1:48 PM, ginger90 said:

And Sophia didn't even flinch.

She did actually. For the most part, she was curled up in the chair looking bored and upset. When Debz said she wanted to die, Sophia's eyes widened, she turned to her grandma and you could see she mouthed "no!" at her. That's got to be a terrifying thing to hear at 8 years old. 

• Love 12

I think like most people who are in a relationship with an addict they are in a lot of denial about how bad it actually is.  I think that probably runs true with Mackenzie.  Or she has a white knight complex. Or both.  And she probably didn't want to cancel the wedding because 1. that would be embarrassing and 2. no other day would be different so might as well get it done even if he's flying sky high. 

Still don't understand the letting him drive part.... like ok if you're bound and determined to get married to him.. then do it... but letting that guy take you on a death drive?? Hell freaking no!

• Love 9
(edited)
9 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Mackenzie is a Maci superfan so it makes sense that she's having a Weekend At Bernie's-themed wedding with Ryan. 

I think you're right. A few episodes back, Mackenzie and Ryan were looking at venues. Mackenzie told Ryan she was pretty sure Keelie's wedding reception was at that particular place. Keelie is Maci's longtime school friend. Maci and Keelie are what, 26 years old, or close to it. Unless Mackenzie has an older sibling or worked with Keelie at one point, I don't see when she would have befriended Keelie and been invited to her wedding. Probably internet stalked their whole group before pursuing Ryan.

Edited by iheartla
fixing typos
  • Love 12
21 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Too bad Maci didn't do what she should have done back when Ryan relapsed after his rehab stint. 

No one can force anyone to deal with their addiction. One can only issue consequences, which is what the counselor on the phone told Maci. She cannot offer support, she cannot tell him to go to rehab, she just needs to do what she is legally capable of doing - going to court and get a legal binding order barring Ryan from having visitation with his child and bar the Edwards from that as well since they enable his behavior. 

I guess I am not ever going to see this Maci is now justified to do what she needs to do. She had justification five years ago. Maci didn't need to have footage of Ryan driving while under the influence. She was already aware going simply by the things she was alluding to on camera. She wasn't on Mars when Ryan entered rehab in 2012. Even without ever being aware of what we watched last night, Maci had five years (at least) of seeing Ryan under the influence. She still did nothing. She doesn't need to show the court a snippet of that scene from last night to make a case. She had proof in 2012 of him being an addict when he entered rehab, left and relapsed. She could have requested the courts order Ryan to administer to random drug-testing. That is what happened to Chelsea's ex recently.  

@bethster2000 I just got over that damn cough. I had to be on antibiotics for two weeks. That codeine cough medicine did nothing for me. All it did was make me sleepy so I could catch some much-needed Zzzzzzs. Hope you two get better soon. 

@leighroda  Here is a link which describes the techniques the tester uses when deciding what questions to ask and how to ask the questions. http://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph.aspx

I still don't believe in those tests, but it is an interesting read. 

So, are Cate and Tyler now living in their Taco Bell Crunch Wrap house (tm @Brooklynista) or are they still renovating it? 

It's possible Maci didn't know the extent of Ryan's addiction until recently.  They're not exactly close and Maci knows that 85% of Bentley's time with Ryan is really spent with Jen and Larry.  She's said numerous times that she doesn't want to interfere with their relationship with him.  Dealing with an addict is complicated, especially when that addict is the father of your child.  I'm just not ready to assign nefarious motivations to Maci's actions because she didn't do it five years ago but is doing it now.  There could be many explanations.  Obviously something had to be done this time, however.  Bentley is older and more aware of what Ryan's doing and it's quite clear Ryan's immediate family would rather enable him than show him tough love (that's not really fair to Larry, actually, I think that's probably a constant source of contention between him and Jen.)

• Love 14
(edited)

@lezlers

Do we even know if Maci has followed through NOW with any change about Bentley's visitations? Has she gone to court to request mandatory drug-testing? 

People don't go to rehab because they smoke a joint now and then or drink a six pack twice a week. Ryan went to rehab due to a drug issue to drugs he was likely not prescribed. How is it Maci didn't investigate further? Any rational and reasonable custodial parent would want to know why any ex-parent went to rehab in the first place. Once they saw they relapsed, their ass should be at the courthouse requesting an emergency hearing to either have supervised visitations (not by enabling grandparents) along with court-ordered drug testing or to cut off visitation. Chelsea Houska didn't wait to pursue the courts when she had fears of Adumb's driving and his non-chalant attitude about Aubree's safety. That is what Maci should have done once Ryan didn't follow through with rehab and didn't get the proper help back in 2012. 

I have no cares what Maci was feeling or how much pressure she was put under due to her wanting Bentley to retain that relationship with his grandparents. Those grandparents are part of the problem. They are enablers. Bentley's needs were not met by his supposedly sober parent. Maci failed big time. 

One doesn't need to know whether an ex is a full-blown addict or a part-time drug user to know their child has no business being in the care of that person. I wouldn't have ever left my children in the care of anyone if they couldn't put down the Bud Lites. 

On top of her knowing about Ryan's drug use, she was also fully aware of Ryan not putting Bentley in his car seat. He told her to her face that he doesn't make Bentley wear it. What does she do? She complained about it, she made idle threats, but never pursued those threats. As someone else mentioned on another thread, Maci is good at making threats, but she fails to go through with those threats. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
25 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@lezlers

Do we even know if Maci has followed through NOW with any change about Bentley's visitations? Has she gone to court to request mandatory drug-testing? 

People don't go to rehab because they smoke a joint now and then or drink a six pack twice a week. Ryan went to rehab due to a drug issue to drugs he was likely not prescribed. How is it Maci didn't investigate further? Any rational and reasonable custodial parent would want to know why any ex-parent went to rehab in the first place. Once they saw they relapsed, their ass should be at the courthouse requesting an emergency hearing to either have supervised visitations (not by enabling grandparents) along with court-ordered drug testing or to cut off visitation. Chelsea Houska didn't wait to pursue the courts when she had fears of Adumb's driving and his non-chalant attitude about Aubree's safety. That is what Maci should have done once Ryan didn't follow through with rehab and didn't get the proper help back in 2012. 

I have no cares what Maci was feeling or how much pressure she was put under due to her wanting Bentley to retain that relationship with his grandparents. Those grandparents are part of the problem. They are enablers. Bentley's needs were not met by his sober parent. Maci failed big time. 

One doesn't need to know whether an ex is a full-blown addict or a part-time drug user to know their child has no business being in the care of that person. I wouldn't have ever left my children in the care of anyone if they couldn't put down the Bud Lites. 

On top of her knowing about Ryan's drug use, she was also fully aware of Ryan not putting Bentley in his car seat. He told her to her face that he doesn't make Bentley wear it. What does she do? She complained about it, she made idle threats, but never pursued those threats. As someone else mentioned on another thread, Maci is good at making threats, but she fails to go through with those threats. 

Agreed.  Just from he scenes on the show people have been speculating about what Ryan's issue is.  So imagine how out of it he has been in reality.  Besides the fact that they know mutual people.   She knew.  Maci is full of shit.  She made a comment about how Bentley supposedly doesn't want to go to the Edwards and cries but then turned around and said she was keeping him away because of the drugs and that he would be mad.  It's whatever comment she thinks fits at the time and I don't think she can even keep track of what she says anymore.  

• Love 8

@lezlers

I have no cares what Maci was feeling or how much pressure she was put under due to her wanting Bentley to retain that relationship with his grandparents. Those grandparents are part of the problem. They are enablers. Bentley's needs were not met by his supposedly sober parent. Maci failed big time. 

I agree with you that she should've done all of that.  I sure as hell would've.  All I'm saying is just because she didn't doesn't mean she's not genuinely concerned at this point.  I'm not going to argue further because as I've mentioned numerous times, the last time I went back and forth with someone on these boards I had a mod threaten to ban me without giving me an opportunity to defend myself.  

• Love 3
23 hours ago, bella bluth said:

As someone who went to rehab for an addiction to Xanax (prescribed for anxiety and panic disorder) Ryan definitely could have been under the influence of the tranquilizer which suppresses your Central Nervous System, as do opioids and heroin.    Fact - Benzodiazepines are second only to heroin for withdrawal (opioids are easier to kick and go through the withdrawal process than Xanax).  

I hope anyone seeking treatment finds the help they so desperately need.  

You're correct, it absolutely could have been a benzo (as well as an opiod) that he was on. I've never been a heroin user, so i can't personally vouch on how the withdrawals are, but i know the process of withdrawal from benzos (klonopin) is an absolute nightmare and i would never wish that on anyone.

And i second your comment on getting treatment, i hope any of those struggling with any form of addiction can find the help they need.

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

It's possible Maci didn't know the extent of Ryan's addiction until recently.  They're not exactly close and Maci knows that 85% of Bentley's time with Ryan is really spent with Jen and Larry.  She's said numerous times that she doesn't want to interfere with their relationship with him.  Dealing with an addict is complicated, especially when that addict is the father of your child.  I'm just not ready to assign nefarious motivations to Maci's actions because she didn't do it five years ago but is doing it now.  There could be many explanations.  Obviously something had to be done this time, however.  Bentley is older and more aware of what Ryan's doing and it's quite clear Ryan's immediate family would rather enable him than show him tough love (that's not really fair to Larry, actually, I think that's probably a constant source of contention between him and Jen.)

Maci is also a chronic liar. Her beer consumption has already been mentioned as being a problem in her marriage.

If we believe anything she says, then we are to believe she did not drink while pregnant. We would also believe she had two miracle babies in a short amount of time. We would also believe that she was told by a doctor that she didn't need birth control. We would also have to believe that her life has been so busy and chaotic that she needs to put her two small children in daycare all day long.

I am not close to Ryan. I don't even know the guy. I watch him on television and even I knew he had a problem. But it wasn't my duty to find out what that problem was because I don't share a child with him. Maci does.

Dealing with an addict, whether he is the father of your child, your child's teacher, your child's caretaker, or your child's coach, it doesn't make a difference. If your child spends any amount of time with someone who is under the influence, that is putting your child's in harm's way. Maci wouldn't have allowed Bentley to be on a baseball team if she had an inkling his coach was an alcoholic.

Maci said she didn't know the extent of his drug use. Even if I believe that (I don't), what exactly does one need to know about Ryan doing drugs before they intervene and halt all visitations and demand drug testing through the courts? Did Maci need to know how many times a day he is under the influence? Did she need to know if he was too inebriated to drive? Did she need to see him get involved in another crash? What more does one need?

Maci  sure raised a stink over Farrah being on the show just because of her adult businesses. Why didn't she exert the same energy and raise a stink to the Edwards and Ryan about her concerns over Bentley's well-being and being exposed to a person she admits to knowing had some kind of drug problem? How quaint and judgmental of Maci and Ryan to trash Farrah during the first season of TMOG upon her return to the show. They both were slamming her. Ryan called out Farrah for having anal sex. As if he never wanted to get some chick to give him anal.

There could be many explanations that Maci could give for not removing Bentley from the Edwards and Ryan, but none of them will fly. I believe if this was someone else (Jenelle, Kail, Leah) it would be looked upon differently. There should never be an excuse when it comes to making your child's safety a priority.  

All I'm saying is just because she didn't doesn't mean she's not genuinely concerned at this point. 

It is obvious she wasn't concerned enough when she should have been. Her priorities were the Edwards, and for that, I truly believe it was for ulterior reasons. To detach Bentley from the Edwards would clearly have rendered her without the much needed visitation and babysitting that she needed, and it would have likely exposed her own issues.

It would be definitely interesting to find out where does Maci stand now with the Edwards and Ryan.  If she is genuinely concerned now, shouldn't we be reading about Maci going to the courthouse and filing documents via some gossip site online?

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 10

A comment above about Sophia looking scared when Deb had her tantrum in the nail salon. My father died in a car accident when I was two, so as a young child, I would always panic when I would lose track of my mother. Sophia has heard the story about her father, so how irresponsible of Deb to throw that out there in front of Sophia. I'm sure she was worried Deb would just be gone from her life. Sophia is such a crazy kid, I actually feel bad I forget how young she is and not fully aware how crazy her family can be!

• Love 22

Rhine was scaring the shit out of me when he was driving. I totally think that the call that Maci got back earlier in the season that she reported as being from a friend talking about how bad Rhine's drug problem had gotten was from a producer after the wedding day driving incident. And then they shot all the follow ups to make it look like she's trying to intervene for him. 

And does anyone else remember one of the reunion shows the season before last, I think, where Maci was denying that Rhine had a drug problem? 

Liar.

I am also dying to tweet at Farrah that she should call 911 the next time her mom threatens to kill herself.  I've heard that's recommended for narcissists. When they're trying to guilt trip you with threats of offing themselves, believe them. Really, you should believe anyone who tells you that they want to die, but doing so in front of other people, the cameras, her grandchild (worst. grandma. ever.) What if she really did it? She's such a miserable person, she totally would leave a guilt trip note blaming everyone who "wronged" her.

• Love 20
9 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

Rhine was scaring the shit out of me when he was driving. I totally think that the call that Maci got back earlier in the season that she reported as being from a friend talking about how bad Rhine's drug problem had gotten was from a producer after the wedding day driving incident. And then they shot all the follow ups to make it look like she's trying to intervene for him. 

And does anyone else remember one of the reunion shows the season before last, I think, where Maci was denying that Rhine had a drug problem? 

Liar.

I'd love to dig up that clip of Maci denying Ryan has any problems. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

I am also dying to tweet at Farrah that she should call 911 the next time her mom threatens to kill herself.  I've heard that's recommended for narcissists. When they're trying to guilt trip you with threats of offing themselves, believe them. Really, you should believe anyone who tells you that they want to die, but doing so in front of other people, the cameras, her grandchild (worst. grandma. ever.) What if she really did it? She's such a miserable person, she totally would leave a guilt trip note blaming everyone who "wronged" her.

I had a friend whose mom would do this in front of his small children. His therapist told him to call 911 the next time it happened. He just had to threaten to do that, and she never did it again. She was a fancy society lady and the shame of having the police come was too much.

• Love 10

http://radaronline.com/photos/maci-bookout-ex-ryan-edwards-track-mark-photos-drug-use-teen-mom/

More "speculation" that its heroin. I would bet my last dollar it's heroin and not Xanax. I think Xanax is a convenient excuse, but a few xanny bars are not going to get a chronic drug user this messed up. Not only that to buy Xanax off the street is very difficult now and extremely expensive. I can almost guarantee Ryan has moved into heroin at this point. 

I am not discrediting anyone else's theory about the Xanax. This is just my own personal opinion, he could be using a medicine cabinet cocktail for all we know. Just something about this TO ME  always screamed heroin. 

Also see how swollen , dry and discolored his hands are? That's another telltale sign of heroin use. 

Also another note. I believe that scene where maci "finds out" the severity of Ryan's drug use was most likely a producer calling her while filming. Probably a producer caught him shooting up or had evidence of it. I truly think maci was too self absorbed up until that point to get involved. When I producer calls her to tell her the severity of it, she knows she has to do something and most importantly to her it has to be a part of her storyline now. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KittyKat133 said:

Also another note. I believe that scene where maci "finds out" the severity of Ryan's drug use was most likely a producer calling her while filming. Probably a producer caught him shooting up or had evidence of it. I truly think maci was too self absorbed up until that point to get involved. When I producer calls her to tell her the severity of it, she knows she has to do something and most importantly to her it has to be a part of her storyline now. 

I don't think the phone call was real. I think the producer sat right there and showed her video footage of the wedding drive and then she faked the call.

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I don't think the phone call was real. I think the producer sat right there and showed her video footage of the wedding drive and then she faked the call.

Yes true. I should have said she found out through a producer. Agreed. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OH MY GOD this wins comment of the day year!

Was she a fan before she was on the show?

Yes. When she first appeared, there was a photo of her partying on a boat with Maci. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, CofCinci said:

LOL, that pushes the Creep Factor into the red zone! Like Nicholas Cage marrying Lisa Marie Presley because he was such a huge Elvis fan. Shudder.

11 hours ago, Bblack3 said:

A comment above about Sophia looking scared when Deb had her tantrum in the nail salon. My father died in a car accident when I was two, so as a young child, I would always panic when I would lose track of my mother. Sophia has heard the story about her father, so how irresponsible of Deb to throw that out there in front of Sophia. I'm sure she was worried Deb would just be gone from her life. Sophia is such a crazy kid, I actually feel bad I forget how young she is and not fully aware how crazy her family can be!

I feel bad for Sophia. The child is feral, but that's not her fault.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Maci is also a chronic liar. Her beer consumption has already been mentioned as being a problem in her marriage.

If we believe anything she says, then we are to believe she did not drink while pregnant. We would also believe she had two miracle babies in a short amount of time. We would also believe that she was told by a doctor that she didn't need birth control. We would also have to believe that her life has been so busy and chaotic that she needs to put her two small children in daycare all day long.

I am not close to Ryan. I don't even know the guy. I watch him on television and even I knew he had a problem. But it wasn't my duty to find out what that problem was because I don't share a child with him. Maci does.

Dealing with an addict, whether he is the father of your child, your child's teacher, your child's caretaker, or your child's coach, it doesn't make a difference. If your child spends any amount of time with someone who is under the influence, that is putting your child's in harm's way. Maci wouldn't have allowed Bentley to be on a baseball team if she had an inkling his coach was an alcoholic.

Maci said she didn't know the extent of his drug use. Even if I believe that (I don't), what exactly does one need to know about Ryan doing drugs before they intervene and halt all visitations and demand drug testing through the courts? Did Maci need to know how many times a day he is under the influence? Did she need to know if he was too inebriated to drive? Did she need to see him get involved in another crash? What more does one need?

Maci  sure raised a stink over Farrah being on the show just because of her adult businesses. Why didn't she exert the same energy and raise a stink to the Edwards and Ryan about her concerns over Bentley's well-being and being exposed to a person she admits to knowing had some kind of drug problem? How quaint and judgmental of Maci and Ryan to trash Farrah during the first season of TMOG upon her return to the show. They both were slamming her. Ryan called out Farrah for having anal sex. As if he never wanted to get some chick to give him anal.

There could be many explanations that Maci could give for not removing Bentley from the Edwards and Ryan, but none of them will fly. I believe if this was someone else (Jenelle, Kail, Leah) it would be looked upon differently. There should never be an excuse when it comes to making your child's safety a priority.  

It is obvious she wasn't concerned enough when she should have been. Her priorities were the Edwards, and for that, I truly believe it was for ulterior reasons. To detach Bentley from the Edwards would clearly have rendered her without the much needed visitation and babysitting that she needed, and it would have likely exposed her own issues.

It would be definitely interesting to find out where does Maci stand now with the Edwards and Ryan.  If she is genuinely concerned now, shouldn't we be reading about Maci going to the courthouse and filing documents via some gossip site online?

1000x times this.

• Love 6

Heroin does seem likely. I thought it was telling he was taking a backpack with him to get his hair cut. Of course there is nothing wrong with having a backpack in general, but for a haircut run? I'm wondering if that's where he kept his heroin paraphernalia. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

Heroin does seem likely. I thought it was telling he was taking a backpack with him to get his hair cut. Of course there is nothing wrong with having a backpack in general, but for a haircut run? I'm wondering if that's where he kept his heroin paraphernalia. 

okay, I say this as someone *completely* naïve, as in my only "experience" w/heroin has been, like, Sid & Nancy and Intervention. I'm not terribly drug-savvy, I def don't mind weed (what up Massachusetts legalization!  woot woot!) and I *love* my wine, but...

people on heroin always just look like they're falling asleep in the middle of whatever's going on in broad daylight  (remember that mom on the bus?  omfg)

That does not even look slightly fun to me at all.

• Love 4

I think like most people who are in a relationship with an addict they are in a lot of denial about how bad it actually is.  I think that probably runs true with Mackenzie.  Or she has a white knight complex. Or both.  And she probably didn't want to cancel the wedding because 1. that would be embarrassing and 2. no other day would be different so might as well get it done even if he's flying sky high. 

Still don't understand the letting him drive part.... like ok if you're bound and determined to get married to him.. then do it... but letting that guy take you on a death drive?? Hell freaking no!

I think the first part of your post answers the second. Mack DOES have a white knight complex & is all about appearances. She didn't make him pull over because she wanted the MAN to be behind the wheel. Pretty pretty princesses don't drive themselves to their parking lot weddings!

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, teapot said:

okay, I say this as someone *completely* naïve, as in my only "experience" w/heroin has been, like, Sid & Nancy and Intervention. I'm not terribly drug-savvy, I def don't mind weed (what up Massachusetts legalization!  woot woot!) and I *love* my wine, but...

people on heroin always just look like they're falling asleep in the middle of whatever's going on in broad daylight  (remember that mom on the bus?  omfg)

Seriously! My PhD comes from Intervention University with professor Jeff VanVonderen, but every time they show a heroin addict, they're always nodding off. I don't get it either, if I was going to do drugs, I'd want to be happy and feel good. I guess, it becomes more of trying to avoid horrible withdrawals than the drug itself.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, teapot said:

That clip reminds me of that couple who were found drugged out in their car by the police as a toddler was sitting in the back. Scary shit.

Ryan must have started out with one drug and eventually graduated to heroin.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, GreatKazu said:

That clip reminds me of that couple who were found drugged out in their car by the police as a toddler was sitting in the back. Scary shit.

Ryan must have started out with one drug and eventually graduated to heroin.

I had no idea this clip went viral. I thought it was just a local Philly thing. The good ol route 66 bus which is nothing compared to the Market-Frankford line aka the Methadone-Frankford line. Imagine having to evacuate the train because someone OD'd? 

I think Ryan started with pills too and recently graduated to heroin as evidence by the fact that he is still alive.

• Love 5

It may not matter to some, but I always begin to wonder what drove someone to drug abuse. What drove Ryan to drug use? Was he numbing pain from his childhood? Was he just getting high on pills and it spiraled out of control? The car crash he was involved in occurred in 2014 but, he entered rehab in 2012 so, it kinda throws out the theory he began his abuse of drugs due to that crash. That doesn't mean he didn't acquire pain killers from the doctor and abused that prescription. 

The whole alleged animal abuse story about Ryan is still in the back of my mind. I am still stick at the thought of Ryan having harmed any animal. We see him sitting on his couch being loving to his dog. I then worry about him harming it. Possibly getting upset during the throes of his addiction and taking it out on that dog. I am reminded of a story in the news about a guy who was arrested in a hotel room. The police found a puppy that was lethargic. They tested and found the puppy tested positive for meth and heroin. http://www.inquisitr.com/3121140/drug-addiction-and-animal-cruelty-in-tustin-rescued-puppy-tests-positive-for-meth-and-heroin/

And I ask again, how is it Maci ignores the criminal act of Ryan killing cats and does NOTHING to remove her child from any environment where Ryan would be around him? WTF is she thinking? Each time she pointed a finger at Jen for enabling Ryan, three more fingers are pointing right back at her for her own enabling behavior. Damn lush. 

• Love 8

It may not matter to some, but I always begin to wonder what drove someone to drug abuse. What drove Ryan to drug use? Was he numbing pain from his childhood? Was he just getting high on pills and it spiraled out of control? The car crash he was involved in occurred in 2014 but, he entered rehab in 2012 so, it kinda throws out the theory he began his abuse of drugs due to that crash. That doesn't mean he didn't acquire pain killers from the doctor and abused that prescription. 

The whole alleged animal abuse story about Ryan is still in the back of my mind. I am still stick at the thought of Ryan having harmed any animal. We see him sitting on his couch being loving to his dog. I then worry about him harming it. Possibly getting upset during the throes of his addiction and taking it out on that dog. I am reminded of a story in the news about a guy who was arrested in a hotel room. The police found a puppy that was lethargic. They tested and found the puppy tested positive for meth and heroin. http://www.inquisitr.com/3121140/drug-addiction-and-animal-cruelty-in-tustin-rescued-puppy-tests-positive-for-meth-and-heroin/

And I ask again, how is it Maci ignores the criminal act of Ryan killing cats and does NOTHING to remove her child from any environment where Ryan would be around him? WTF is she thinking? Each time she pointed a finger at Jen for enabling Ryan, three more fingers are pointing right back at her for her own enabling behavior. Damn lush. 

Didn't Ryan refuse to go to the hospital after the crash? Now, I wonder if he refused because he thought he would be tested for controlled substances? 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Didn't Ryan refuse to go to the hospital after the crash? Now, I wonder if he refused because he thought he would be tested for controlled substances? 

Maci tweeted he went to the hospital on his own. His friend drove him. Now, whether she can be believed or not, that is a different story. 

Someone mentioned upthread how Maci had denied on a reunion show or After Show special that Ryan had any drug problems. I need to see if I have that on my DVR. 

• Love 1
On 2017-6-27 at 7:50 AM, MissMel said:

I'm watching now so I don't know the context yet but, I see this comment a lot.  No offense to anyone but when you have a heavy duty truck, you don't have to wear seatbelts.  You have to wear them in lighter weight vehicles because you need them if you hit the brick wall or if the brick wall hits you.  Belts don't really do anything if you are the brick wall.  I hope that makes sense.  You do still have to use child restraints, though.  Can't have little people flinging around in a crash.  I say this as a short person that is allowed to have my steering wheel airbag disabled because it could kill me if it deploys. I have to sit pretty close to the steering wheel to reach the pedals, short.  All other bags are operable.  I'm pretty much the size of a child so those get to stay, the wheel one does not.  The wheel will catch me.  Doesn't that sound fun?! Lol

Now you have me worrying about my little Mom-

she is just 4' 9, are you much shorter than her?

(edited)

I feel like I say this every week, but...wow. I also feel like y'all have covered everything, but I have a question. Did I mishear or did Ryan ask his mom for a second kiss because the first one she gave him wasn't good enough? I mean with all the WTFery going on in this episode it's a small thing, but still weird. 

After snooping around Jen's Insta (really, stop hashtagging yourself and Larry. It looks desperate.), I noticed Mac went private...with 61K followers. I never understood the point of that.

Edited to say: I really missed y'all's wit the last 10 days or so. I've been dealing with a sick baby and her first-ever trip to the ER and it was nice to get back here and catch up on the gossip and eye rolling.

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

To be honest, I think Ryan's drug abuse could stem from the same thing that's causing rampant drug abuse in MY area-boredom. Here, there are no jobs, no recreational opportunities, everyone lives in poverty, etc. Drugs make you happy. They make you feel like everything is fine, even when they aren't. They make you feel like everything is going to be okay. Some self-medicate for depression and anxiety because they can't get help elsewhere or because the medication they're on isn't doing the trick. Ryan's MTV money isn't doing him any favors. He's as idle as an unemployed person in my state. He has no job to go to, nothing to occupy his time with, etc. He just sits around and spends his money on random shit. I think he needs something to DO. A job, a hobby, a "passion." His motivation probably lacked to begin with but the MTV star treatment made it worse because now he really doesn't have to do anything. People like us, if we had that kind of money we'd find crap to do with our time. I think it leaves people like Ryan kin of floundering and without purpose. 

@GreatKazu it absolutely matters, though. We keep getting politicians in our state, ranting and raving over the awful drug problem. People want to limit access to drugs, thinking that will help. Until we can figure out what's causing people to turn to them in the first place, limited access isn't going to do shit. We need to nip that problem in the bud. 

5 hours ago, LunaMia said:

Seriously! My PhD comes from Intervention University with professor Jeff VanVonderen, but every time they show a heroin addict, they're always nodding off. I don't get it either, if I was going to do drugs, I'd want to be happy and feel good. I guess, it becomes more of trying to avoid horrible withdrawals than the drug itself.

Some people actually like that dreamlike nodding state. You feel detached from the world around you, half awake and half asleep, and you're filled with peace and euphoria. I have been on just about every pain medication possible (legitimately) and, in the beginning before my body gets used to it, I have similar sensations. I don't care for it, because I don't like feeling out of control, but many people do. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, gunderda said:

I could see the denial thing more if this was a long term relationship and the addiction happened in the midst of it. But they've only been together a year at most, and he's been whacked out of his mind the entire time. How did they even get together??? It's not like Ryan has been trying to hide it; we've seen it for what it is for awhile now. She MADE the wedding call while he was high high ya both high at that very moment. Girl is perplexing and shady. 

18 hours ago, Bblack3 said:

Wow, I didn't even think of that angle, but you're so right. No one should joke about or make dramatic, attention seeking statements about dying in front of ANY child. But, yea, that has to really freak out a little girl whose father died before she was even born. 

3 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I think Ryan started with pills too and recently graduated to heroin as evidence by the fact that he is still alive.

Absolutely. We've seen his situation grow worse and worse over the years. He probably dabbled in drugs like a lot of high school kids do. Maybe he got prescribed pain killers after his wreck, and he got addicted. But he's on some serious shit as of now. No doubt about it. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Now you have me worrying about my little Mom-

she is just 4' 9, are you much shorter than her?

No, I'm right around 5'.  I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone!  It is serious though.  Read the directions on your vehicle on how to position the wheel and seat to avoid serious injury due to the air bag.  Some of us just can't do it.  Seat belts are mandatory but air bags are not.  At least not here the last time I had to check.  I posted that I left the airbag engaged in recent vehicles because my children outgrew me before the time they got permits to drive.  I've been sitting in the passenger seat for many years.  The force of the deployment is very hard and it's like a direct hard full fist to the chest and face, by a grown ass man.  Most people can handle that, some of us cannot.  There's also a powdery substance that allows the bag to come out smoothly and swiftly.  It can cause friction burns.  (I'm from a whole bunch of short people.  We tend to drive older vehicles to avoid this in the first place.  That's becoming harder now, obviously.)  Anyway, don't worry but maybe check into it.  Gathering info doesn't hurt. :)

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Birdee said:

I feel like I say this every week, but...wow. I also feel like y'all have covered everything, but I have a question. Did I mishear or did Ryan ask his mom for a second kiss because the first one she gave him wasn't good enough? I mean with all the WTFery going on in this episode it's a small thing, but still weird. 

After snooping around Jen's Insta (really, stop hashtagging yourself and Larry. It looks desperate.), I noticed Mac went private...with 61K followers. I never understood the point of that.

Edited to say: I really missed y'all's wit the last 10 days or so. I've been dealing with a sick baby and her first-ever trip to the ER and it was nice to get back here and catch up on the gossip and eye rolling.

Oh, he sure did.  It was very weird. 

creepy.thumb.JPG.591f51d1be1701b9cbc5a95b069d374b.JPG

And Mack was looking pretty irritated, waiting to get this thing done.

mack.JPG.ad5d3ced61195393d00cc736db1887fe.JPG

Sorry about the baby ER trip, @Birdee!  I hope you all are recovering well.  It's always scary just to feel like you need to go, not to mention how hard it is to go.  Hugs.

• Love 6
(edited)

Has anyone shopped for a wedding dress or bridesmaid dresses? Those things are never in stock!  You can't just stroll in and say "Hey; I'm trying to get married by close of business today.  Give me a nice dress in my size. To rent."  Especially one that looks tailored to fit Mackenzie's odd shape....  I'm going to guess this is the dress she purchased for the formal wedding.  Such fuckery with this Mackenzie. She ranks up there with Kail on the Machiavelli Manipulation scale.

8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is Mimi Jenn kissing him on the LIPS???

It could be just the angle.  Or he was so fucked up, he kissed her. 

Why the fuck does Mackenzie want this loser around her kid. He kills animals. Drives dangerously while high. Peaked 5 years ago. Is a grown child. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8