Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame

• Start Topic

I admit I'm intrigued by the different plotlines, though I was hoping Daniel and Strand would be together longer.  Maybe Daniel will come back right away?

Glad that Luciana showed some smarts, especially by not arguing with Nick and just doing her thing.

I think Madison is playing Mommy to Troy, but that was the least interesting piece for me, though I'm interested in the new group.

• Love 2

For me at least, everything that I feel was gained in an excellent episode last week was lost and more this week.

It is my dislike for anything Madison and that phucking family.  

Why the hell is Nick scrubbing walls? there was no roof of the freaking thing, no floor, but he wants walls clean?

Not getting the "bonding" between the old dude and Nick at all.  Not seeing what anyone sees in Nick period.

Finally wtf was with the dive in the water by Alicia at the end?

• Love 12

Was that Luciana walking by the border fence near the end -- or was that Ophelia ?

Let me get this straight -- the neighbors of the Otto ranch decide to get into a shooting war (they did shoot down a helicopter and kill Travis) over a centuries old land dispute in the middle of the ZA when there is as much land as anyone could possibly want.   You have to be fucking kidding me -- because that makes no sense at all.  And what was with the cranioectomy of the that dude tying him up up to be eaten live by crows ?  Did they even bother to let the Ottos know that they had declared war ?

And how did they get that helicopter out of that ravine -- did they lift it out with another helicopter because they certainly didn't leave any tracks from the heavy equipment necessary to get it out ?

2 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

Is it wrong that I was hoping that was a dry river bed ?

Troy is cuckoo for cocoa puffs.  And definitely has mommy issues.

• Love 13
9 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Was that Luciana walking by the border fence near the end -- or was that Ophelia ?

It was Luciana.  We haven't seen Ofelia yet.

And what was with the cranioectomy of the that dude tying him up up to be eaten live by crows ?  Did they even bother to let the Ottos know that they had declared war ?

I guess because it got people to stop so they could just walk up on them while they were unprepared?  Shooting the copter down was the declaration of war I think.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tiredofwork said:

For me at least, everything that I feel was gained in an excellent episode last week was lost and more this week.

It is my dislike for anything Madison and that phucking family.  

Why the hell is Nick scrubbing walls? there was no roof of the freaking thing, no floor, but he wants walls clean?

Not getting the "bonding" between the old dude and Nick at all.  Not seeing what anyone sees in Nick period.

Yes, yes, yes -- to all of what you said!   They take a few steps forward, and then 10 steps back.   I just don't care about Madison, Alicia and Nick.  I know I should.  I know I'm supposed to.  I don't.

I cared more about the rambling dude with the bird picking his brain.

• Love 7

I think we're only a month into the ZA, not very long into it. I think the whole first season was about a week. They were on the boat for a few days, maybe a week, then at Strand's lover's hacienda for a couple days. So maybe two and a half/three weeks by the end of season two. And I think they drove a day before they were captured by Crazy Troy, they weren't there a day, then the compound/ranch, so another few days. So yeah, three to four weeks into the ZA. Then you have to add in that it seemed like they had been in the area before and the crash was new, so it's probably not realistic that there was a bus with prisoners anyway at that point. (and totally forgetting how well Daniel is walking around after having his foot nearly burned off a week ago...).

I'm still processing how I feel about the episode, nothing surprising on the Madison and Troy front. And I was kinda surprised Luciana left, but can't blame her when Otto straight up justified to Nick that people were going to hold onto their "beliefs" now more than ever. I think I secretly loved though that getting high and sleeping with crazy pants Jake meant nothing to Alicia, but the adrenaline rush from jumping off the cliff made her smile, lol. 

I'm still sticking to my declaration from the first episode, that Jake will go nuts when Alicia rejects him- the Bukowski just further cemented his internal creepiness for me. (Not to mention the fact that he wrote in the margins... ugh, I can only imagine the self-centered and inherently misogynstic crap he wrote.)

• Love 2

So, The Ranch's problems are coming from a group of Native Americans, who are pissed at Otto for taking their land years ago?  I'm.... not sure what to think of that.

With Madison away, the kids go off to play!  Well, actually it was less play and more work for Nick, as he just spent his day working on that house that burnt down and bonded with Otto of all people, although at least had a nice debate over guns, because that is still going to be a thing even in a zombie apocalypse!  (Next week, Nick and Otto will have a nice healthy debate over abortion.  Or gay rights.)  Alicia though does have some by sleeping with Jacob, him reminding her why art is important, so she randomly cliff dives into a lake.  Fully clothed too.  I know this is just AMC, but there wasn't swimsuit she could wear for that?  That's going to be a pain to dry out.

Madison and Troy are somehow both disturbing, but kind of fun in a twisted way.  Granted, I'm just interested in anything that doesn't automatically make my eyes wander, when Madison shows up.

Strand and Daniel were the highlights, but of course that means they get separated.  But Strand had to know that was going to happen or worse, once Daniel found out he was lying to him.

Luciana finally gives up on Nick and just bails.  But since Danay Garcia is a regular now, I have to imagine she'll be back soon.  Maybe she'll be the one to finally find the long lost Ophelia.... 

• Love 4

Darn I was hoping Madison would have gotten killed by those prison bus zombies. Did Troy give her that tool knowing it gets easily stuck in zombie heads? 

Who knew scalping causes you to recite the same crap over and over again? Are there no vultures in Mexico? Just crows? 

Smoldering burnt zombies.... shouldn't they have been making more movements (a la TWD?) It didn't look like they had been stabbed in the head to be truly dead. 

I thought Alicia would get attacked from the bottom by a water zombie. 

I see that Nick wanted a chance to get dirty again, hence scrubbing the walls of a completely destroyed home. Am I supposed to care about Luciana? 

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Strand and Daniel were the highlights, but of course that means they get separated.

Huge disappointment.  It was one of the few things making me hope this show could have a turnaround and become something other than hate-watching for me. 

But, who wouldn't rather watch creepy Troy think about raping creepy Madison at knife point while creepy Blake watches, right?  Much more interesting than Daniel and Strand. < /sarc>

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 4

I liked it... for the second or third week in a row.

My working theory is that the writers of the original Walking Dead (not last season, but the early good ones) went to the Black Lodge, and are now inhabiting the writers of Fear like BOB... and I'm hoping they don't return until the end of the season.

Maybe Madison, Nick, Alicia didn't disappoint me as much because I already knew they'd be back.  It wasn't great... but it was competent... something I haven't seen from the show since maybe one of the opening episodes.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, tiredofwork said:

I think she was feeling numb and on a quest to feel something again.

8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Let me get this straight -- the neighbors of the Otto ranch decide to get into a shooting war (they did shoot down a helicopter and kill Travis) over a centuries old land dispute in the middle of the ZA when there is as much land as anyone could possibly want.   You have to be fucking kidding me -- because that makes no sense at all.  And what was with the cranioectomy of the that dude tying him up up to be eaten live by crows ?  Did they even bother to let the Ottos know that they had declared war ?

Ehh...it makes sense to me? There are some NA people that are still kind of...very sore about that old pesky Manifest Destiny thing and the fact that their land essentially stolen and ancestors murdered by  religious white men (all in the name of God). The end of times seems like a good a time as any to reclaim your sh*t. And not a cranioectomy, but a good old fashioned scalping. 

I'm liking this season a lot so far. I know there are some that are annoyed at how "political" it seems, but it's coming off as very natural to me. This is life in the ZA in a border town, makes sense that old prejudices would still be alive and well. It also makes it hard to call one group "the good group" and the other "the bad group".

Also, how old is Alicia?! Isn't she only like 16-17? I know Alicia/Jake was pretty telegraphed, but he's damn near 30 if he went to law school!

• Love 7

Sorry to see the whole crew from last week at the dam are gone.  I really liked them and last weeks episode was great (except for the subtitles).  I thought the road trip with Strand and Daniel would go better than it did.  Strand seems so wimpy now.  When did that happen?  He was a cool cucumber when we first met him and now he just seems so desperate and needy.

Madison-Ummmm I got nothing.  Don't care and hate any scenes she is in as they are all the same.  Resting Bitch Face acting.....that's all I got.

Don't get Nick at all.  And was totally distracted by his hair or lack of it.  Is it getting thinner each season so the they doing the front to back comb over?  Or was it because it was clean and not hanging in his face?  See I spent more time fascinate by his hair, that I missed 98% of what was going on in his scenes.  Well, except the fact he was washing walls on a burnt house two people just died in.  Ew.

HA!  I thought this was the season Finale........silly me.

• Love 5

While I enjoyed Strand and Daniel's bitchy road trip such as it was, it failed for me when I finally had to concede that for once Strand didn't have a plan and was just hoping for what? when he finally led Daniel back to the abandoned hotel?  He just watched Daniel singlehandedly resolve the situation at the dam and dispose of some very nasty people, which should have laid to rest any stray notions he might have had about Daniel being someone you do not want to fuck with.  So what exactly was he hoping to get out of leading Daniel on what was essentially a wild goose chase?  If there's been any consistency in the writing over the seasons, it's been that Strand is usually one of the smarter people in the room and that he's already figured out at least one angle to benefit from.  He's also generally not one for wasted efforts or resources.  There was none of that in driving Daniel back to a hotel he knew Ofelia had already disappeared from on her own power or that anyone in Madison's crew who could have verified his story had also departed.

The rest of this episode, I just don't know.  I did like the cold open of the old couple dealing with the much discussed on boards but completely ignored on screen scenario of a partner dying in their sleep and turning during the night.  I chortled at the woman attempting to gum her husband to death.  But of course then the show had to turn it into a tortured maudlin thing for Nick to romanticize to a woman he's been with for about five minutes.  In a burnt out building, nonetheless.  I zoned out during most of whatever those seemingly unending scenes between Nick and Otto were so I'm still not sure what they were supposed to be about, but I gather Otto has fallen under Nick's magical manic junkie spell as well?

I'll admit I find the premise that with the sudden absence of a federal government or outside authority to enforce anything that these separate groups are scrambling to claim resources and settle longrunning disputes over borders and land one of the more interesting and realistic premises either show in the franchise has ever attempted to tackle.  I just have my doubts this show is actually up to the task.  But the visual of the whiny survivalists having to walk barefoot back through the desert because the Indians got the drop on them was pretty amusing.  I hope this actually goes somewhere.

I still have no idea what the Madison-Troy story is supposed to be.  It seems like they're going for something about his mommy issues, but it often comes off as some sort of terrible flirting/foreplay thing.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Who knew scalping causes you to recite the same crap over and over again? Are there no vultures in Mexico? Just crows? 

I laughed during that scene. Oh these writers are such try-hards.

3 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

At least the episode wasn't devoted to her trying to find some liquor to drink. (Said as someone who actually liked Beth.)

Ehh...it makes sense to me? There are some NA people that are still kind of...very sore about that old pesky Manifest Destiny thing and the fact that their land essentially stolen and ancestors murdered by  religious white men (all in the name of God). The end of times seems like a good a time as any to reclaim your sh*t. And not a cranioectomy, but a good old fashioned scalping. 

I'm liking this season a lot so far. I know there are some that are annoyed at how "political" it seems, but it's coming off as very natural to me. This is life in the ZA in a border town, makes sense that old prejudices would still be alive and well. It also makes it hard to call one group "the good group" and the other "the bad group".

Agreed. I can easily see plenty of people, globally, moving against colonizers. Populations have dwindled, supplies are more valuable than ever, tensions are running high, and dominant peoples don't have a good track record during crises. No point in pretending everyone is suddenly going to want to hold hands and work together. I only have a problem with this storyline if it's going the "evil Indians" route.

Does Madison appreciate that she is guilty of killing innocent people, too, or has she conveniently forgotten the attack on the base in season one?

Also, how old is Alicia?! Isn't she only like 16-17? I know Alicia/Jake was pretty telegraphed, but he's damn near 30 if he went to law school!

This. I stopped watching last night after he gave her the book and only finished it this morning and it it occurred to me that she's at most 17 (tho Chris was 16 and I thought they were the same age) and he's at least 24. It's creepy. I don't know what the writers are thinking.

I don't like the route they're going with Nick and Alicia.

• Love 4

Strand is usually one of the smarter people in the room and that he's already figured out at least one angle to benefit from.  He's also generally not one for wasted efforts or resources.

Although this brings to mind that I don't think it at all smart for Strand to be driving around in a convertible vehicle with the top always down.   In the age of apocalypse, I believe I would want a roof and while not ideal, at least glass windows to protect me if you run up on a pack of Z's.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, slf said:

This. I stopped watching last night after he gave her the book and only finished it this morning and it it occurred to me that she's at most 17 (tho Chris was 16 and I thought they were the same age) and he's at least 24. It's creepy. I don't know what the writers are thinking.

I don't like the route they're going with Nick and Alicia.

I thought Alicia was 17/18 in the premiere as she was going to college the following year and didn't she have a birthday sometime in season 1 or am I making all that up?! If so though she could be 19, her hooking up with a 24 year old is in that scenario is ok in my book, usually I'm pretty sensitive to teens being with someone over a couple of years older than them but they all seem older now that they've gone through such an extreme experience. 

• Love 2
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Save Yourself said:

I thought Alicia was 17/18 in the premiere as she was going to college the following year and didn't she have a birthday sometime in season 1 or am I making all that up?! If so though she could be 19, her hooking up with a 24 year old is in that scenario is ok in my book, usually I'm pretty sensitive to teens being with someone over a couple of years older than them but they all seem older now that they've gone through such an extreme experience. 

Yeah, I didn't blink an eye at it. Alicia and those others in her age group will never have the rituals of life that normally divide a 17/18-yo from a mid-20s-yo (college or vocational school, first full-time job, start of a career etc.) The ZA's wiped all that away. Her ZA life is no different than that of women five, ten, or decades older than her. She's having the same experiences as anyone older - killing zombies, killing people, survival.

Count me in with those who didn't understand why Strand didn't just tell Daniel the truth before even going on the road trip. That was just silly.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Gwen-Stacys said:

As someone else said, I found it kind of hilarious that the sex with whatshisname didn't bring her any joy. But the jump off the cliff did look like fun, assuming no walkers were also seeking meaning in the water.

I enjoyed this episode, and hellloooo Mr. Greyeyes. I hope he's a regular. I also find myself warming up to Madison (I'll just be over here, at my party of one.) I also wish she had some expressions, but kind of enjoy her kicking butt. She and Carol should team up.

Oh Strand. I want him to reunite with the group soon, though I'm guessing he won't be welcome at the creepy ranch.

Daniel...meh. I loved him last season, but he's kind of wearing on me after this episode.

Lucia...where was she, towards the end of the episode?

Troy...I totally want him to "burn in water, drown in flame." (rim shot). 

• Love 3

So, what's up with Ophelia? It was Otto who found her at the end of last season, wasn't it? Is she dead? A prisoner? Just wandered away? If she was at the ranch, she should have been noticed by now. Inquiring minds want to know.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

So, what's up with Ophelia? It was Otto who found her at the end of last season, wasn't it? Is she dead? A prisoner? Just wandered away? If she was at the ranch, she should have been noticed by now. Inquiring minds want to know.

I bet they're saving that reveal for the mid-season finale. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, gaPeach said:

Strand seems so wimpy now.  When did that happen?  He was a cool cucumber when we first met him and now he just seems so desperate and needy.

I think what's happening with Strand is interesting.  When we first met him, he had a plan, a destination and someone to meet.  Those things are gone and he's at a loss.  He's a con man, a good planner but maybe not so good at thinking on his feet; I never considered him particularly brave either.  He didn't expect to get tossed out of the hotel, then he's almost tossed off the dam, then he's imprisoned..I'm not surprised he's lost his cool and is floundering.  Not sure why he would go back to the hotel - maybe Daniel was being insistent and Strand thought he could get some people to back up his story at the hotel?   I like seeing Strand a little out of sorts; Colman Domingo is a good actor and can handle this swing in personality.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Daniel goes back for him; they have the best dynamic in the show.

9 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

I still have no idea what the Madison-Troy story is supposed to be.  It seems like they're going for something about his mommy issues, but it often comes off as some sort of terrible flirting/foreplay thing.

I'm going to give the show more credit than it maybe deserves and say this is intentional.   We know Troy has mommy issues but Madison isn't his mother and she's challenging him.  I think Madison will do what she thinks she has to in order to be top of the food chain at the compound. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Gobi said:

Pretty sure Ofelia is with the Native American dude from last night. I don't think it's too far to reach that this isn't the first time the two groups have gotten into a fight or stand off, so why not, lol. I wonder if Luciana will meet up with this group?

Now that I've had more time to think about it, I wonder why Strand didn't just drive off and leave Daniel? He had to know Daniel wouldn't let him be in a top position at the dam, so why stick to Daniel once it was just the two of them? He even could have told Daniel to get out of the car if he really wanted to go in the hotel. That said, I appreciate that Daniel didn't trust Strand and figured he was lying. I get that he had to go if there was a chance Ofelia was at the hotel. 

• Love 1

I'm sick of the "where is Ophelia?" arc and it reminds me of the "where is Sophia?" arc on TWD.  Just end it already!

I think Madison and Troy are going to hook up and it makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little.

• Love 8
(edited)
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Nick scrubbing that wall was nothing more than giving him a work ethic.  Give him some responsibility.  I seriously doubt all of that scrubbing will get rid of that old dude and burnt walker smell that must be baked into the walls.

I'm reminded of a situation-comedy from years ago. The Best of the West. It was about an Eastern couple that moved to the Wild West back in the 1880s.

The husband came home one day to find his wife vigorously sweeping the floor of their cabin. He asked how she'd been doing.

She started complaining. "I've been sweeping all day, but I can't rid of the dirt."

The husband said, "Honey -- it's a dirt floor!"

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I'm reminded of a situation-comedy from years ago. The Best of the West.

OMG!!  "and with his boy, who did protest...they all came west, to live with Best"  I remember that catchy opening tune :)

On topic:

Nick is being productive at least.  And there's a possibility that his hair was clean.

• Love 2

So the native americans waited until the crew showed up and then popped open that guy's brain? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that would probably kill him unless one of them was a brain surgeon. I can just imagine... hurry up dude they're coming, get his head cracked open and make him talk a bunch of gibberish. Then hide behind the rock, hurry, hurry, hurry!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

I'm reminded of a situation-comedy from years ago. The Best of the West. It was about an Eastern couple that moved to the Wild West back in the 1880s.

The husband came home one day to find his wife vigorously sweeping the floor of their cabin. He asked how she'd been doing.

She started complaining. "I've been sweeping all day, but I can't rid of the dirt."

The husband said, "Honey -- it's a dirt floor!"

Yes!. I remember that show. There was a whacky character in the show called Frog.

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Black Knight said:

Yeah, I didn't blink an eye at it. Alicia and those others in her age group will never have the rituals of life that normally divide a 17/18-yo from a mid-20s-yo (college or vocational school, first full-time job, start of a career etc.) The ZA's wiped all that away. Her ZA life is no different than that of women five, ten, or decades older than her. She's having the same experiences as anyone older - killing zombies, killing people, survival.

Count me in with those who didn't understand why Strand didn't just tell Daniel the truth before even going on the road trip. That was just silly.

Your brain doesn't finish developing until you're in your twenties. The rational part of the brain, which is what adults use to think (for the most part, lol) doesn't even fully develop until the age of 25. We've made it illegal for adults to date/have sex with minors because there is literally no justification for a twenty-something to date someone so underdeveloped. Harsh life experiences won't really speed up that development, either, it just makes people feel better. I think it's skeevy af. There's absolutely no reason Alicia needs to be paired with one of the brothers given that it's less than two months since her first boyfriend died and maybe three weeks total since her failed flirtation with Jack. And if they wanted to pair her with Jake, hell, make him 18/19. They don't have to do this. They want to do this and there's a reason for it. And it's the same reason we won't see body hair on the ladies: "realism" that has nothing to do with being realistic and everything to do with sexualizing the women.

4 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, either she's this shows Sophia and it'll turn out Otto's been holding her prisoner or turned her or something, or she's with the other group. I'm gonna be pissed if she's dead.

Edited by slf
  • Love 3
(edited)
10 hours ago, Gobi said:

9 hours ago, Superclam said:

7 hours ago, william0102 said:

Pretty sure Ofelia is with the Native American dude from last night. I don't think it's too far to reach that this isn't the first time the two groups have gotten into a fight or stand off, so why not, lol. I wonder if Luciana will meet up with this group?

Either she's with that group(and in a shocking twist it turns out that she was the one who shot down the helicopter),or Daniel is driving along...sees a familiar person with her back facing him..

Then he calls her name.."OFELIA..?"

She slowly turns around and.. oh i'm sure everyone knows where this is heading,cause Chris Hardwick will open Talking Dead in"serious" mode afterwards LOL

Edited by TDT
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, FishyJoe said:

So the native americans waited until the crew showed up and then popped open that guy's brain? Seems like a lot of trouble for something that would probably kill him unless one of them was a brain surgeon. I can just imagine... hurry up dude they're coming, get his head cracked open and make him talk a bunch of gibberish. Then hide behind the rock, hurry, hurry, hurry!

And make sure to set up our ambush so that we're opposite each other. That way, if we start shooting we'll be shooting at ourselves, too.

• Love 2

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if Travis is actually dead. I don't believe anyone is dead unless you see them actually die, and we never saw it. All we saw is Travis falling out of the helicopter. People have survived falling out of airplanes without a parachute. I wouldn't be surprised if the Native Americans have Travis. 

(edited)
On 6/25/2017 at 10:50 PM, william0102 said:

I think we're only a month into the ZA, not very long into it. I think the whole first season was about a week. They were on the boat for a few days, maybe a week, then at Strand's lover's hacienda for a couple days. So maybe two and a half/three weeks by the end of season two. And I think they drove a day before they were captured by Crazy Troy, they weren't there a day, then the compound/ranch, so another few days. So yeah, three to four weeks into the ZA. Then you have to add in that it seemed like they had been in the area before and the crash was new, so it's probably not realistic that there was a bus with prisoners anyway at that point. (and totally forgetting how well Daniel is walking around after having his foot nearly burned off a week ago...).

Just an FYI - You left out the hotel, the clearing of which accounted for a solid week and a half at the very least.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:32 AM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Who knew scalping causes you to recite the same crap over and over again?

To anybody who saw Hannibal, not surprising.  ;)

Are there no vultures in Mexico? Just crows? 

Immaterial - they're not in Mexico any more.  Not according to the story line, any way.  ;>

On 6/26/2017 at 6:09 AM, Gwen-Stacys said:

Er... contrary to every western John Wayne ever made, scalping wasn't an Indian thing - not originally, anyway.  That was something the Europeans started against the Indians.  

On on a side note -  I was really really disappointed TPTB decided to punt the writing and relegate the new community to the default rednecks-on-the-range trope.  I can get how that better facilitated development of the story line for the OTHER default angry-Indians-uprising trope, but still....

Edited by Nashville
Avoiding multiple consecutive posts

I hate to be a nit-picker, but didn't Ophelia get "taken" by Otto (not that we knew the charcater's name)?

It was in the last episode she was in last season. She had gone rogue, and was killing zombies left and right. She crossed into the US and was making her way through the desert. Then a white man (who looked to be an older white man in survivalist gear) snuck up on her.

Wan't that the actor who is playing Otto?

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I hate to be a nit-picker, but didn't Ophelia get "taken" by Otto (not that we knew the charcater's name)?

It was in the last episode she was in last season. She had gone rogue, and was killing zombies left and right. She crossed into the US and was making her way through the desert. Then a white man (who looked to be an older white man in survivalist gear) snuck up on her.

Wan't that the actor who is playing Otto?

It was definitely Otto Sr.

• Love 2

Someone above asked why Alicia jumped off the cliff.  I believe it was primarily to use the beautiful location they found and wanted to add it in somehow.  I waiting for a walker to come from underwater, but I know they won’t kill off Alicia this soon.

Regarding the crow man: When he was rambling, I immediately thought of Westworld.  It made me happy.  I am so anxious for that show to return.

I am so sick of the “where’s Ophelia” bit.  I don’t care that much and we know we will find out before the season is over

• Love 1

The Sunday Cable ratings are in for "Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame":

“Fear the Walking Dead” ticked up vs. the previous week, rising a tenth to 1.0. [2.499 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-june-25-2017/

Here, as usual, are the Cable Live + Same Day ratings for Season 3 to date:

06-04-17 “Eye of the Beholder” 3.109 million
06-04-17 “The New Frontier” 2.698 million
06-11-17 “Teotwawki” 2.504 million
06-18-17 “100" 2.396 million
06-25-17 “Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame” 2.499 million

That's a relatively substantial uptick, there...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Someone above asked why Alicia jumped off the cliff.  I believe it was primarily to use the beautiful location they found and wanted to add it in somehow.  I waiting for a walker to come from underwater, but I know they won’t kill off Alicia this soon.

Yeah I thought they might not kill Alicia off this soon, but then I thought, maybe Alycia would want off the show if she had something else lined up (kind of like Cliff Curtis), ha. 

When I heard someone on the preview say "abandon the ranch" along with the fire I figured the Clarks had worked their magic and destroyed another community with their meddling. It's only a matter of time.

The poem the brainless guy was reciting sounded familiar. Here it is.  (And if there are any Tolkien fans, it was reminiscent of Hurin, no?)

I was sorry to see the hotel abandoned but I guess the survivors there couldn't hold off all the people attracted to it when Madison lit the sign for Niiiick.  (The Clarks strike again.)

If Madison goes there with Troy and her daughter is sleeping with his brother... Ew.

Nick's girlfriend (whose name I can never remember)?  Don't care.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, NaughtyKitty said:

Regarding the crow man: When he was rambling, I immediately thought of Westworld.  It made me happy.  I am so anxious for that show to return.

I am so sick of the “where’s Ophelia” bit.  I don’t care that much and we know we will find out before the season is over

On Talking Dead, the actor who played Jake said there was a cut scene where he told Alicia he was taught to swim there by Russell.

The writing and directing have gotten better this year, but it is still juvenile in some areas. I rewatched the prisoner walker scene and only Troy and Madison fight the walkers. The other dudes are just standing around watching. Of course Madison gets ambushed because both she and Troy walk pass several walkers before attacking. This ensures the ones you passed grab you from behind. Although the archer helped her out, two other dudes just observed casually and I don't think it will mean a thing.

• Love 2

If they are going to have Madison hook up with Troy, that would be so ookie, as she's been giving him the tease since before she knew Travis was dead.  If he's really dead.  And it's only been half a minute since she found out he fell out of the helicopter.  Guess she really wasn't that into him, eh?  Wonder if Otto has Ofelia tied up in the basement?  Or has her un-dead body roaming in a pit, ready for non-preppers to be tossed to her?  And how in the world are all these people managing to separate for days/weeks and still find each other again?  Daniel was days behind the Madison group, and on foot, whereas they were in a vehicle.  Daniel had no way of knowing which way people went.  Nick also lit out on a separate path, as did Travis.  So how in the world are they ending up in the same little spot on the border?  The border with Mexico is very long and open.  In the real world there's no way they'd find each other again.

At least the mothership had the Morales' take off and we never saw them again.  A lot more realistic.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2017 at 6:37 AM, Nashville said:

Just an FYI - You left out the hotel, the clearing of which accounted for a solid week and a half at the very least.

I know this is hard to believe, but I had successfully blocked the hotel out when I was listing all of that, lol. I just wanted to forget that Madison turned on the giant effing sign :) Plus you know, how she momentarily remembered she had a daughter that loved her- Madison can't remember such a thing now that Nick's back., so why should I?

• Love 3
(edited)
34 minutes ago, william0102 said:

I know this is hard to believe, but I had successfully blocked the hotel out when I was listing all of that, lol. I just wanted to forget that Madison turned on the giant effing sign :) Plus you know, how she momentarily remembered she had a daughter that loved her- Madison can't remember such a thing now that Nick's back., so why should I?

Was just an observation - I ain't blaming you a bit.  :D

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

Wait.  Ophelia is missing?  I figured the first thing they'd do, having read that Daniel actually survived the fire, was reunite her with her father.  Daniel is her father, right?

Ofelia is only missing to us, the viewers.  She left Alicia back at the hotel and the last we saw of her, she was walking into the U.S. and was found by Otto.    Daniel is her father and when he set the fire, Ofelia was still with the main group and they hadn't found the hotel yet, which is why to him, she should have still been with them.  Daniel's the only one who's mentioned her on the show.

4 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Daniel was days behind the Madison group, and on foot, whereas they were in a vehicle.  Daniel had no way of knowing which way people went.  Nick also lit out on a separate path, as did Travis.  So how in the world are they ending up in the same little spot on the border?  T

I don't think they were ever really far from each other.  Daniel burned the hacienda and they separated and Nick was on foot but was found by Luciana's group when Madison, etc found the hotel.  Travis and Chris were separated from Madison for a while but were walking.  There's def some suspension of disbelief but I think they were supposed to be in a fairly small geographic area; I never got the impression anyone had traveled, say, hundreds of miles.   Daniel never ended up at the border, he ended up at the dam, which is a working dam IRL but I don't know if the show is using the actual location for the characters or if they're calling the location something else.   We don't know how far the dam is from Otto's place.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, raven said:

I don't think they were ever really far from each other.  Daniel burned the hacienda and they separated and Nick was on foot but was found by Luciana's group when Madison, etc found the hotel.  Travis and Chris were separated from Madison for a while but were walking.  There's def some suspension of disbelief but I think they were supposed to be in a fairly small geographic area; I never got the impression anyone had traveled, say, hundreds of miles.   Daniel never ended up at the border, he ended up at the dam, which is a working dam IRL but I don't know if the show is using the actual location for the characters or if they're calling the location something else.   We don't know how far the dam is from Otto's place.

Oh, I know that they are not all that far from each other.  But they all left at different times, in different directions, with different means of locomotion.  So if Nick, say, headed east initially, I'd assume he'd stay in that direction for more than 100 feet.  So say he went east 10 miles before heading north.  And say Travis and Chris headed south east first and went 20 miles towards the east.  And Madison and family headed due north.  In that terrain, with no city lights to guide them, they could all have walked within a mile of each other and easily missed the other groups, instead of every single still--alive person meeting up with others from their group.  But I'll suspend my disbelief for a bit more.  After all, I suspended it enough to believe that Travis saw something lovable/admirable in Madison that was enough to draw him to her (oh, how I miss Liza!).  Heh.

• Love 2