Type keyword(s) to search

Me, Myself & I - General Discussion

• Start Topic

This family may be the most openly supportive family unit of TV this side of the Tanners, but for some reason it doesn't feel too schmaltzy. It feels pretty organic and earnest. Both the "pitch"  and the debrief were well handled. 

I do hope we get Alex out of the garage by the end of the initial episode order. The well for jokes to be mined there feels like it's starting to run its course. 

Edited by Traveller519
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

Oh damn, so it was! I got half his name right, LOL.

He was Tamera's Father on Sister, Sister. Tia was Tamera's sister on the show and in real life. Tia is Darryl's wife in this show and Darryl is obviously Steve Urkel. Whole bunch of 90's nostalgia here.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

He was Tamera's Father on Sister, Sister.

The whole episode I was like, "No, I know him."  Thanks.   

I very much liked seeing old Daryl but they've got to find a way make old Kevin more entertaining to me.  I could care less about him and Elinore and a wealthy billionaire moping around a diner trying to impress a girl who has no real personality?   Yeah, not working for me.  Maybe if he was the inventor that had struck it big but was finding retirement difficult and went back to pitching new products... I don't know.  But him moping around the diner?  Just no.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

He was Tamera's Father on Sister, Sister. Tia was Tamera's sister on the show and in real life. Tia is Darryl's wife in this show and Darryl is obviously Steve Urkel. Whole bunch of 90's nostalgia here.

Ah, that *is* one of the Mowry girls!  I thought so, but doubted myself, and kept forgetting to check with Mr. IMDB.  I did peg Tim Reid, though :)  Side note:  I was on a flight with the Mowry twins one time when they were sullen teenagers.  Stars, they're just like us!

• Love 3

That's terrible!  They should keep it to pair with Young Sheldon in the future.  They are very compatible in tone and audience.

I think the truly awful 'comedies' airing before it is what kept this show's ratings so low.  I suffered through most of the 9JKL pilot and that was truly some of the worst dreck I have seen on television in years.  And Kevin Can Wait was awful too.

I will mostly miss the stories with young Alex and his family and friends.  I hope they at least make the rest of the episodes available in the future.  (Or try it after Young Sheldon after the holidays or whenever they have room in the schedule.) 

ETA:  I read the article again.  It may not get an additional episode order or be renewed in the future, but it's not officially cancelled yet.  (Although that may be likely.)  They will complete the production on the rest of the 13 episodes - so there is still a glimmer of hope that it will reappear in a better time slot and garner better numbers... especially if some of CBS's other comedies fail.

Edited by AnnaRose
  • Love 4

And Tim Reid was in the original TV version of Stephen King's "IT" in 1990, while Jack Dylan Grazer was in the recent film version.

Funny coincidence, wonder if they shared collective nightmares of filming opposite Pennywise while on set :)

They will complete the production on the rest of the 13 episodes - so there is still a glimmer of hope that it will reappear in a better time slot and garner better numbers... especially if some of CBS's other comedies fail.

CBS will either burn off the remaining episodes on Saturday or during the summer.

Well this sucks.  I loved this show.  The networks don't seem to give these shows a chance.  Both M*A*S*H and Cheers were low rated shows that took time to find an audience.  They should have paired this show with Young Sheldon rather than those 3 awful shows.  Kevin Can Wait and 9JKL are unwatchable yet they are still on the schedule???  Me Myself and I is a quality program and should have been given a chance.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 6

Bastards. That's the sentiment that comes to mind. It seems like half the shows I like get pulled before they even finish a season. I want to like "Man with a Plan", I actually like all the main actors in it. Was a big "Friends" fan, liked Liza on "Yes, Dear " and who doesn't like Kevin Nealon ? But I don't think the show is very good & it's hard for me to sit thru.

I thought M,M & I was one of the better sitcoms this year. Too bad not many other people did .

• Love 1

Can't say the promos enticed me. But my sister said I should take a look and I really liked it. Can't believe that silly Matt Leblanc show, Man with a Plan is what will replace MMI. Of course, I've never seen an episode of Man... Those promos were so awful, I doubt my sister would have been able to convince me to watch. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, willco said:

I thought M,M & I was one of the better sitcoms this year. Too bad not many other people did .

I think this show was very well received by both the critics and the small audience that gave it a chance.  It was definitely one of the better sitcoms this year, but it was buried at the end of a two hour comedy block with terrible shows leading up to it.  The people who appreciate quality shows probably were not sticking around through 9JKL and Kevin Can Wait... but I'm sure there are a lot of people who would enjoy this show if they tried it... just like Wonderwoman above.  Word of mouth takes some time.  Streaming earlier episodes helps too, especially during hiatus when there isn't a lot to watch. 

I'm still hoping they will find a better place for this show and nurture it more.  CBS screwed up when they pulled Young Sheldon after its premiere, for which it got great ratings, switching it out the following week with the abysmal 9JKL which lost at least half of the Big Bang Theory lead-in and hurting all the other shows that followed. 

They should go with TBBT, Me, Myself and I, Young Sheldon and Life in Pieces on Thursday now that football is over.  I think those are their most compatible shows.  Mom fits in better with their Monday night lineup.

41 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

The only problem with moving Mom to Monday nights is that all the other Monday "comedies" suck and will take it down just like it helped take Me Myself and I down.  Mom is one of my favorite shows so I don't want that to happen.

It could start off Monday night though, since it has a decent fanbase at this point.  If Young Sheldon does really well, like its pilot did, and those people don't stick around for Mom... poor retention could hurt it even more.

Edited by AnnaRose

I agree, they did not give it time to build and paired it with crappy stuff. Maybe they should have waited to premiere it along with Life in Pieces, which seems like it would be a good fit. I am so tired of the crap that's put on tv that imbeciles watch. Sorry, but I am serious....I tried and could not get past 3 minutes of 9JKL.  And Kevin Can Wait? Kevin Can Get Bent -- that show is one of the worst.

I don't know how to start a petition either, but would definitely sign and help promote it. In the past, I've emailed or written to networks to ask them not to cancel or to bring back shows (My So-Called Life was the first, via snail mail..). If anyone has ideas, please share. I saw on Facebook where the show creator's wife said to tell CBS not to cancel it.

I can't stand it when shows with heart and humor get cast aside for shows with a plethora of sex and poop jokes. That stuff is drivel and it makes me angry. (Ok that's my rant.)

EDITED TO ADD:  Here's a link where you can let CBS know how much you dig the show and hope that they keep it on the schedule and renew it for another season.  I'd say mention the positives without railing on other shows by name or anything..flies, honey, etc. :)

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

Edited by dingochick
  • Love 7
On 11/2/2017 at 3:25 PM, dingochick said:

EDITED TO ADD:  Here's a link where you can let CBS know how much you dig the show and hope that they keep it on the schedule and renew it for another season.  I'd say mention the positives without railing on other shows by name or anything..flies, honey, etc. :)

http://www.cbs.com/feedback/

Thanks!  I listened to your advice about not railing on CBS's crap shows.  Two and a Half men got what -- 11 seasons? 

• Love 1
On 10/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

True; and Darryl's wife may well be working outside the house, too.

In the next episode, The New Job, Alex specifies that Darryl's wife supports them well, allowing him the freedom to try their own company, etc.

• Love 2
On 10/30/2017 at 11:39 PM, AnnaRose said:

'm still waiting for middle aged Justin.  I wonder who will play him?

I was just thinking this! He's the only character we have yet to see in the middle years.

Well, also Eleanor, but presumably she wasn't in touch with Alex during that time, so we won't see her.

• Love 1

What's funny to me is that I didn't recognize TIm Reid at first, so I went to look up who played Old Daryl, and while I was waiting to see who played him, I thought to myself, "Man, they should have gotten Tim Reid." Too funny.

Good episode. It's too bad that the show was canceled with this episode.

Edited by Brian Cronin

As far as I know, it hasn't been officially cancelled.  It had been airing with incompatible programs and was pulled from the schedule.  I am still hoping we will see it again.  They are still making making all of the rest of the ordered episodes for the season.

4 hours ago, AnnaRose said:

Let CBS know that, if you have a moment to give them feedback.

I did, but thanks for the reminder.  I even managed to do it without saying "but 9jkl, really!?!?!??!" which took some doing.  :).

• Love 2

I just left my feedback too.  I was so disappointed that it wasn't on last night - now I know why.  :(  I hope that CBS gets enough good feedback about the show.  I like the idea of moving it to Thursdays before or after Life in Pieces.

• Love 1

Pulled from the schedule after six episodes is canceled, whether they complete production on the remaining episodes or not. I believe that there literally is not a single exception in the history of television where a show pulled after six episodes was then renewed. 

On 11/5/2017 at 9:33 PM, anthonyd46 said:

Well it says it will return to the schedule at a later date, so at worst the other 7 episodes will air at some point.

One of the best things about the age of streaming services is that networks are a lot more willing to compete seasons so that they can toss them up on their streaming service for binging. 

12 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

According to Vanessa Williams twitter and instagram posts they did tape another episode today as the press release did say so that was the truth I guess. On Jack Dylan Grazer's instagram there is a link a petition and it already has over 40k signatures. 

www.change.org/p/cbs-get-me-myself-and-i-reinstated-on-cbs

I like that they somehow managed to give him a new love interest YOUNGER than Sharon Lawrence. ;)

22 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Is that Ryan Hansen as present day Justin and if not why not because that would be perfect!

Yes that is Ryan Hansen. 

So now we know everyone almost 

Young Alex - Jack Dylan Grazer

Mid-Life Alex - Bobby Moynihan

Older Alex - John Larroquette

Young Darryl - Alkoya Brunson

Mid-Life Darryl - Jaleel White

Older Darryl - Tim Reid

Young Justin - Christopher Paul Richards

Mid-Life Justin - Ryan Hansen

Older Justin - Ed Begley, Jr.

Young Abby - Skylar Gray

Adult Abby - Kelen Coleman

Young Eleanor "Nori" - Reylynn Caster

Mid-Life Eleanor -

Older Eleanor - Sharon Lawrence

I do not think we have seen or been told if the Step Father and the Mother are alive in timeline 3 if they were they would be 90 or so though. 

So basically we have 3 versions of all the main characters other than Mid-Life Eleanor. Which we have no confirmed sightings/mentions if she is in that timeline.

Edited by anthonyd46
  • Love 2
On 11/10/2017 at 3:24 AM, biakbiak said:

Is that Ryan Hansen as present day Justin and if not why not because that would be perfect!

14 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

Yes that is Ryan Hansen.

Perfect casting. Now I really want to see the rest of the episodes!!!

• Love 2

I LOVE that Ryan Hansen is part of the show. I also signed and circulated the petition on my FB page. I know it is not technically canceled, but being yanked off the air like that is never a good sign, and sure, they'll burn off the episodes, they've paid for them already. I hope they reconsider what they want to do with this show...it does have an audience.  Maybe this is just the wrong network...

• Love 1

I'm so disappointed that the show might be cancelled. Off to leave feedback about the show and why they should keep it.

I just realized that the man who plays the stepfather is the same one who hosted "How the States got their Shapes" a few years ago on the History channel. I recognized the voice but couldn't place him. Didn't know he was an actor, I'd thought of him more as a reporter. 

Obviously getting this news a little late, but wanted to add my voice to the chorus of "Whaaat?  Aw, maaannnnn!"  I liked this little show.  I thought it was warm and fuzzy, but not overly treacly.  9JKL is such crap, I turned it off 15 minutes into the pilot--and I a) NEVER turn anything off; and b) LOVE Mark Feuerstein (I watched all however-many seasons of Royal Pains, just for him).

• Love 2

I just found out this weekend that this show was "cancelled" (or, pulled off the air, as they put it).  Very disappointed.  Add me to the chorus of people that are utterly dismayed that a show with an original plot line, good actors, smart humor just can't make it.  I agree that the line-up probably killed it - without putting those other shows down, they really don't target the same audience.  At the very least, I hope they put the rest of the episodes on line for streaming. 

The problem with putting it in a new time slot now, and hoping for an increased audience, is that this isn't a show that you can just pop into mid-season. 

• Love 1

Wasn't the creator of this show the same man who created "This is Us"? There is the overall theme in that show of going back into the past as well as focusing on the present. If it works so well for This is Us, - the ratings on that show are huge and I do enjoy it- then why doesn't it work for Me, Myself and I? 

22 minutes ago, CarolMK said:

Wasn't the creator of this show the same man who created "This is Us"? There is the overall theme in that show of going back into the past as well as focusing on the present. If it works so well for This is Us, - the ratings on that show are huge and I do enjoy it- then why doesn't it work for Me, Myself and I? 

This show was not created by Dan Fogelman, the creator of This is Us, it was created by Dan Kopelman who worked on Malcom in the Middle among other sitcoms.