Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Lepers Repel

• Start Topic

Who built the dual biometric key and when? If you are going to reveal hidden tattoos and want Weller to follow them, leave Patterson available to decode them instead of kidnapping her. 

• Love 3

I'm still processing! A few thoughts for now. Finally the satellite was explained - we saw Shepherd and Roman inspecting it so long ago! Awesome to see Mary Stuart Masterson - I really, really hope she's back next season. That end climb of Jane's - mind blowing! And then the dual biometric key? Huh! Kurt and Jane were married - and then she left for this monastery. I'm guessing when the truth came out that she had let Roman go? Did he kidnap Tasha, Reid and Patterson? Kurt's declaration of love was rather sweet, just before he passed out!

I wish Shepherd had been killed! But I was also quite happy to see Nas back and in "charge" of Shepherd. Hehehe......

• Love 5
(edited)

I wanted Weller to gut Shepherd with a knife to find the thingamabob.  Yeah, I'm a bad person...

Edited by sisterspoon
Spelling mistake
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, sisterspoon said:

I wanted Weller to gut Shepherd with a knife to find the thingamabob.  Yeah, I'm a bad person...

I seriously thought that was what he was going to do... and I wasn't gonna be mad about it.

Yo! This was great, although I found the ending to be a little clunky. The happy music cue at the end, with all of them laughing it up was a bit of whiplash, and then the time jump business... I mean, I'm glad we got an idea of what the show would be now that the Shepherd/Sandstorm stuff seems to be done. (I knew that rocket would go into the ocean! :P) I was wondering what the show would become if they thwarted Sandstorm, if it would become a basic procedural, continuing to follow Jane's tattoos... maybe it will for a while but now they have a time jump to spice things up. We'll probably get a bunch of flashbacks to explain when Weller and Jane apparently got married, and what Jane did that was so bad she had to hide out in the mountains. But the "Jeller" biometric clues and glowing tattoo thing? I dunno about that. Cool tech, though. (Speaking of cool tech, the rocket/space graphics were pretty impressive.)

Last week I was wondering why COGS would magically take over and this week they explained that Shepherd's rocket and explosives were for killing the current government officials, which would have enacted COGS. Now I finally feel like I understand everything! LOL. And I usually ignore the episode titles because they go over my head but after seeing Jane exiled in the mountains, I get "Lepers Repel". Ha!

I absolutely loved the new director (I forgot her official title), I really hope she sticks around. And a totally unexpected Nas at the end?! Hell yeah. I wonder if that was her real sendoff or if they intend to bring her back, since I'm guessing she's no longer going to be imprisoned. I think they should leave it as it is. Surprisingly, Shepherd lived... I'm so happy she got owned (shot, zapped, and now locked away) and that there was no "but maybe she'll get out of this one, too" moment. I can see them leaving her story there but I do wonder if we'll see or hear about her being brought to justice (publicly).

*sigh* Jane and Roman are still fighting. I was hoping he was just biding his time with Shepherd but he's a lone wolf. But I'm glad they kept him in the game... for a moment I thought those childhood flashbacks meant Jane would put him out of his misery.

So Patterson, Reade, and Zapata have been kidnapped... presumably by Roman but I keep thinking that Borden escaped that explosion, so maybe he did it or helped Roman. If Roman's behind it... payback for her not killing him? For her coming up with the whole ZIP/tattoo plan which didn't amount to anything in the end? And I guess Weller was spared because he was part of the box clue (and he's the male lead) but I agree, paigow, that kidnapping Patterson means clue-solving would take much longer. I wonder how long they've been missing versus when Weller found Jane. I'm super curious as to why she left... I don't know that it'll be related to what happened in this episode but then again, Zapata took issue with Jane letting Roman go, so maybe that blows up into something huge. It's gotta be something major to make her abandon the FBI and Weller.

Wow... I remember smirking a bit at this show, thinking it wouldn't get past the first season and now I'm super invested in it, haha. Excited to watch next season!

• Love 6

I enjoyed the conclusion, although I wish Roman hadn't gone full out villain.  I noticed he called her "Jane" instead of "Remy" as he walks away.  At least he didn't die.  

The time jump was surprising.  Weller and Jane got married but then she must have just left without explanation.  He tracks her down to Nepal or somewhere because someone left her a biometric box.  Curious as to what next season holds.

• Love 3

Interview with Martin Gero.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/17/blindspot-finale-season-3-spoilers/

They are not sure yet whether Mary Stuart Masterson would want to be back (I really, really hope so!) Same for Archie Punjabi, but the door is open for both (at least that's what I understood). The new layering of the tattoos are new, they were not around when Jane first appeared in Times Square. I wonder when they got put on. The third season will be more like Season 1 - more tattoo-related.

11 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I enjoyed the conclusion, although I wish Roman hadn't gone full out villain.

From the interview, it sounds ambiguous whether Roman has actually gone bad, or whether we are meant to think he's gone bad.

• Love 3
(edited)

Another great episode. It's too bad that the ratings weren't on par with last season's, because this season was stellar. 

If I couldn't get Weller putting a bullet in Shephard's head, I'm glad he got to shock the crap out of her. And now she's dealing with Nas. 

Poor Roman looked so lost- I hope he's not the bad guy next season. I like that they did a time jump and there are so many questions that need to be answered next season. I did squee at all the Jane and Weller stuff, and wonder what she did that led her to leave her husband.   We better get wedding flashbacks. 

I like the CIA guy even if he tortured Jane- his bromance scenes with Weller were nice. I would like to see him and the new FBI director back next season.

All that was missing from this episode was a Reade "I love you" confession to Zapata, but I guess this show can't too shipperish.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

Good episode! I'm definitely intrigued for next season but I'm glad they didn't leave it on a traditional cliff hanger.  Also pleasantly surprised they didn't drag out the whole Sandstorm thing (for too long).  Blacklist might want to take note...

41 minutes ago, twoods said:

Poor Roman looked so lost- I hope he's not the bad guy next season.

I was so relieved that Roman came out of the episode. It's pretty gray where he's going to go from here but I Really REALLY hope that he's not going to be the villain next season. He had great rapport with the entire team. Even his last scene with Jane was amazing. Here's hoping the writers don't take the easy route and make Roman an antagonist. The episodes where Roman was part of the team are some of my favorites.  And the team needs more gray-- and I'm not talking about Zapata going rogue!

2 hours ago, omgsowicked said:

But the "Jeller" biometric clues and glowing tattoo thing? I dunno about that.

Yeaaaah. That was the only thing that was kinda weird. I was so pleased with the episode,  right now I'll give it a pass to see how it plays out. 

53 minutes ago, twoods said:

All that was missing from this episode was a Reade "I love you" confession to Zapata, but I guess this show can't too shipperish.

Actually, it seemed like creeper CIA dude was digging Zapata in a non-professional sense. I hope so, because Jeller is fine, but I still have no interest in seeing Reade and Zapata get together. Speaking of ships, can we please get a Roman-Patterson ship? Is is just me or are they perfect for each other?!

• Love 6

All I got to see last night was five hours of continuous weather coverage on every channel. Not sure if I care enough to try to find this episode online, I can sort of piece together what happened from reading here. Is there a recap somewhere? I'd rather read about it than try to find it, then sit and watch for 45 minutes.

9 hours ago, twoods said:

If I couldn't get Weller putting a bullet in Shephard's head, I'm glad he got to shock the crap out of her. And now she's dealing with Nas. 

Poor Roman looked so lost- I hope he's not the bad guy next season. I like that they did a time jump and there are so many questions that need to be answered next season. I did squee at all the Jane and Weller stuff, and wonder what she did that led her to leave her husband.   We better get wedding flashbacks. 

I like the CIA guy even if he tortured Jane- his bromance scenes with Weller were nice. I would like to see him and the new FBI director back next season.

The Jane Weller stuff made me happy. I look forward to flashbacks too!

And funny enough I really liked the CIA guy, too. I hope he's not a "bad" guy!

I was pissed Jane didn't shoot Roman. But then I felt very sad for him, for some reason. And I had a flashback to when Roman refused to shoot Jane as Shepard was instructing him. Hopefully this will lead to some good things between the two.

• Love 1

I enjoyed this one a lot!

FBI and CIA working together? What? LOL That was an awesome twist.

Love Zapata and Reade's friendship.

Patterson freaking kick ASS this episode. Now the show needs to stop making her miserable. Her scene with Reade, drinking, while she softly cry... Broke my heart.

I don't mind time jumps at all, but this one was weirdly placed and brought up, in my opinion. I do like that we are left with tons of questions. 

I do wish Shepard was no longer in the picture.

• Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, mandigirl said:

Speaking of ships, can we please get a Roman-Patterson ship? Is is just me or are they perfect for each other?!

I second that!! I've had the same wish for quite a few weeks now, and I thought I was being weird! Patterson has been through so much, and she now has a very personal connection - of an unpleasant sort - with Sandstorm, I think she and Roman would understand each other. They would be so complementary to each other too!

As for Zapata and Read, I love their friendship. Just love it. I don't want that turned into a romance. There is someone else out there for Reade. As for Zapata, yes, the CIA guy did seem rather interested.

2 hours ago, paigow said:

After Weller escaped, did the real Truman protocol occur?

The real Truman protocol was wiping out the actual people already in charge, not the guys in the bunker. Since they managed to divert the satellite collision and managed to contain the nuclear material, nothing happened and there was no need for the Truman protocol to occur.

Edited by djinn
  • Love 3

Ah well, color me surprised - I really liked this. Shepherd's plan finally made some sort of sense and more importantly Roman is still alive. They threw in a flash-forward (which means we'll get some flashbacks next season) plus plenty of new riddles and questions. Very impressive - they left us waiting for season 3 with more than just a mundane cliffhanger and gave us an almost literal cliffhanger to top it - I wonder if there were any discussions in the writers' room to just end with Jane free-climbing: 'It would be so meta!'

I've been rooting for a Roman-Patterson ship for months but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. I wonder what happened to the police men Shepherd asked him to take care of? Are they still alive? If so there might be some redemption lurking around the corner but I doubt it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, david gideon said:

This was pretty good except for Jane not wanting to kill Roman.. She couldn't just shoot him in the leg? She didn't have to take a kill shot.

She didn't want to take him in alive, and he didn't want that either. Both of them know that he would be sent off to a CIA black site to be tortured until the end of his life, just as is happening to Shepherd. As far as both Jane and Roman are concerned, that's the unthinkable third option.

The time jump did seem to be the on the clunky side. According to one article I read, they felt that they'd explored the characters so much that they needed a way to add more secrets into the mix, hence the 2 year jump. Which . . . it is what it is. A lot can happen in two years.

Speaking of that, I'm another one who thoroughly enjoys the idea of Patterson/Roman. They'd complement one another pretty much perfectly. I like that they left things ambiguous where he's concerned, and I think it's a good sign that they've mentioned that very thing in interviews. It would be easy to fill in the two years' worth of blanks with Roman in such a way as to not make him a bad guy, and I dearly hope that they decide to do that. I think the character is fascinating (and very well played) and deserves better than to just be a villain. 

All of that said, I actually enjoyed this episode more than I expected to, and I'm interested to see what they do going forward.

• Love 1

Shepherd's plan was to drain the swamp.  And if you hate the current administration or if you hated the previous one or if you hated both, I feel like you could sort of understand where she was coming from.  I appreciate having a villain who can have a reasonable goal that involves terrorism and mass murder.

I sort of got this Alias vibe from the ending.  I wouldn't be surprised if this led to some weird forced partnership where an inter-agency task force has to work with Shepherd to take down a bigger threat.  Maybe she is less murderous because the impeachment of an unnamed corrupt president who may or may not be the same as our own has allegedly restored her faith in an imperfect government that tries to mostly do good.  Or so she claims, but not everyone believes her. 

They should just go completely nuts and make the bad guys some sort of crazy international conspiracy.

I liked it more than I thought I would. Still not a fan of Weller because I can't stand how the actor speaks in this role. 

Loved the 2 geeks from NASA who were pulled in to help Patterson with the satellite. 

Loved Mary Stuart Masterson; it was very nice to see an FBI Director who appreciated Jane's contributions. 

Loved seeing Nas finally get her win. 

The rock climbing scene at the end was amazing. 

• Love 2

Ok, not a bad episode and I was thinking, "Cool" they actually got it right that NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center has a small presence in NYC at Columbia University. It's actually in the building that's the home of Monk's Diner from Seinfeld.

But, it went south from there. I actually work at NASA so the idea of a spontaneous movement of the Soyuz capsule to intercept another satellite is really quite preposterous. On top of that, these satellites are incredibly fragile so any contact between two objects would render them completely inoperable. I rolled my eyes so much they did a 360!

• Love 1

A good, fast moving, few dull moments kind of an episode.  Two small gripes: 

CIA guy:  It's nu-clear, not nu-kyu-ler.  Sorry, that just chafes me.

When the satellite weapon was hacked, the screen shows "Satellite spoofed, deterred to ocean", or something like that.  Computers only display what has been programmed into them.  Did Patterson have that line of programming all set up?  If the decoy didn't work, was the computer going to display "Oh, shit.  You people are so fucked.  See you in the Matrix"?

Poor Shepherd (not really):  "Do you expect me to talk, Naz?"  "No, Shepherd, I expect you to die."  Goldfinger reference.

In the end, it has been Patterson who was the true hero of the show, although almost always in a secondary role.  They better get her un-kidnapped in a hurry.

• Love 5

Of course, Shepherd's plan involves a weaponized satellite, because no good Bond villain would not be complete without one.  At least it didn't have lasers!  And, naturally, the only thing she didn't take into account was Patterson having the knowledge to derail the entire thing.  Underestimate Patterson at your own peril!

Solid finale and a decent wrap up for this arc, while setting up the next one.  Shepherd is defeated and captured, but Roman gets away since Jane doesn't have it in her to shoot him, and he may or may not be a threat going forward.  Zapata recovers (almost too quickly, but it's TV!), Reade ends up staying, so does Jane (although, really, that wasn't going to happen), new director, and Weller/Jane finally hook-up.  Not too shabby!

But then we flash-forward two years, where Jane is hiding in some monastery (?), because she apparently does something unforgivable. Also, she and Weller apparently married, and he's found her because someone has kidnapped Patterson, Reade, and Zapata, and the only ones who can solve it are those two.  Which include her tattoos suddenly glowing.  Oh, Blindspot!

Not a perfect season, but it picked up at the end.  But it's going to Fridays, now?  Hmm... granted, Grim survived for a good while in that spot, but I'm not sure if Blindspot will.  I guess we'll see!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/17/2017 at 11:16 PM, sisterspoon said:

If you are, then so am I ! I was actually shouting it at the tv, "Gut the B---- !" I mean, really, she deserved it. Shepard was willing to kill 1000's of people, not just government people but innocent people who lived and worked in the whole DC area, to make America better ? Only a sick mind would conceive this.

I just got to watch the finale tonight, but it was so worth the wait. I'm so glad this got a renewal, I just hope it doesn't get cancelled soon after it begins again. It would be like Jericho all over again, any fan of that show knows how bittersweet that was. We got some more after the first season, but not enough.

I think if I can find the time this summer, I'll do a re-watch. Really enjoyed the whole season.

Edited by willco
missing word
  • Love 2

Really exciting finale!

Not surprised that Roman got away, but I thought Shepherd shouldn't have been kept alive. She was a good villain, but I kinda don't want to see her again.

Not a fan of them reigniting the Jane/Weller romance but at least it's less creepy than in Season one when he thought she was Taylor Shaw, and she didn't know her past.

I don't even know what to say about the time jump. So next season will have a bunch of flashbacks? Not sure if I want that.

• Love 3

I think they captured Shepherd too easily; after everything I would've expected a fight between her and Jane to lost a little bit longer, especially with Weller there backing Jane up. I also think Shepherd shouldn't have been taking alive. She honestly seems like the sort of person who would find some way to kill herself or goad someone else into killing her so she wouldn't be sent to a CIA black site.

Thank god they didn't have Jane shoot Roman, I'd have quit right there. Jane/Remy/Alice could never kill her brother, not after everything they've been through. I hope the next season brings those two back together.

Zapata's gonna be pissed when Jane and Weller rescue her next season judging by angry she was this episode over Roman not being shot (and CIA guys comments about how the CIA would've gotten intel out of Roman; methinks Zapata's gonna go dark). I get it but I'm kind of over it at the same time.

I think Patterson and Roman would be cute, too, but I have a hard time imagining Patterson wanting to be involved with him even if she did develop feelings for the guy. Sandstorm has cost her a lot; they tortured her, they killed her boyfriend, they killed her friend/boss, and one of them lied his way into becoming her boyfriend. Factor in Roman's history in instability...

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending - specifically the new tech - but I do like the time jump.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/22/2017 at 10:00 AM, slf said:

I think Patterson and Roman would be cute, too, but I have a hard time imagining Patterson wanting to be involved with him even if she did develop feelings for the guy. Sandstorm has cost her a lot; they tortured her, they killed her boyfriend, they killed her friend/boss, and one of them lied his way into becoming her boyfriend. Factor in Roman's history in instability...

I think Roman has the built-in sympathy factor because he was basically abused all his life.  He was abused in the orphanage, and HE was the one that didn't want to kill.  Remember that his sister, Alice, was fine with killing her rabbit.  Roman struggled.  Then he was "rescued" by Shepherd and turned into a terrorist where his sister, Remi, was basically an asshole to him.  In all the flashbacks with Remi and Roman, she was always selfish regarding him.  She could have a relationship, but not Roman.  She could be more independent, but he couldn't.  Remember what Cane said to Jane when Roman was in his cell (paraphrasing) "Well you finally got your wish.  He's in a box."  She clearly did not treat her brother well and liked controlling him.  Also, we did see Roman was capable of NOT killing during that mission to steal the microchip, and we've seen Roman be sentimental and emotional.  He cared more about losing his sister then she did about losing him.  Remember his anger at her when he said "You erased me!!"  When she took the zip medicine, she did it knowing that she would never remember him again, and she was okay with it because it was all about the mission.  Roman is far more devoted to his "family."  Losing Remi was a suffering loss for Roman.

So with all this, I can see Patterson falling for Roman because there is a "good" foundation underneath all the abandonment issues he has and betrayal and pain he feels -- something they both have in common.  As long as Roman isn't killing innocent people and being a terrorist in season three, Patterson and Roman have definite potential.  Here's hoping the writers are smart enough to realize that Roman should be a good guy and not turn him into Shepherd 2.0.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 5/24/2017 at 9:33 AM, Bishop said:

I think Roman has the built-in sympathy factor because he was basically abused all his life.  He was abused in the orphanage, and HE was the one that didn't want to kill.  Remember that his sister, Alice, was fine with killing her rabbit.  Roman struggled.  Then he was "rescued" by Shepherd and turned into a terrorist where his sister, Remi, was basically an asshole to him.  In all the flashbacks with Remi and Roman, she was always selfish regarding him.  She could have a relationship, but not Roman.  She could be more independent, but he couldn't.  Remember what Cane said to Jane when Roman was in his cell (paraphrasing) "Well you finally got your wish.  He's in a box."  She clearly did not treat her brother well and liked controlling him.  Also, we did see Roman was capable of NOT killing during that mission to steal the microchip, and we've seen Roman be sentimental and emotional.  He cared more about losing his sister then she did about losing him.  Remember his anger at her when he said "You erased me!!"  When she took the zip medicine, she did it knowing that she would never remember him again, and she was okay with it because it was all about the mission.  Roman is far more devoted to his "family."  Losing Remi was a suffering loss for Roman.

I remember all of this I just think the primary roadblock in any relationship between them would be Patterson's issues with Sandstorm. Sandstorm gave her a fake boyfriend who tortured her and murdered her real boyfriend. Mayfair was her friend, Zapata and Reade and Naz and Weller are her friends, too, and they've all suffered because of Sandstorm. I think she may well sympathize with Roman and could even recognize that there's good in him; she could even develop feelings for the guy but still choose not to become involved with him. It would make sense, based on what we've seen of her character.

Alice wasn't fine with killing her rabbit, she was just the first to do it. She was, like Roman, a child who suffered unimaginable abuse (both physically and psychologically). That expressed itself very differently in her than in him, partially due to the sense of protectiveness she had toward her little brother. She was controlling but I don't think it's fair to say "well she was selfish and he was traumatized"; the puzzle box with the gum wrapper inside that she left for Roman more than suggests Remy felt genuine love for her brother, complicated and even twisted though it may have been.

I absolutely do not want Zapata with the CIA guy.

Edited by slf

Loved loved loved this episode!!  I am so happy Jane and Weller finally got together and then that time jump....WHAT?!  They were married, and you could tell they still were in love.  Weller didn't even seem mad that she had left so it must have been her only option for some reason?

Patterson is my absolute favorite character on this show.  I did love the NASA duo too, maybe I have a thing for geeks (I am an engineer as is Mr. Lurking).

Love Zapata and Reid's friendship.  I hope Mary Stuart Masterson comes back next season.  Roman is so sad, from the introduction of his character I thought he would be dead soon so he's been around a lot longer than I thought her would.

The only thing that REALLY bothered me was everyone (with the exception of my girl Patterson) was saying NU-CU-LAR instead of the correct "NU-CLEAR".  At first I thought it was my imagination and I was just having GW Bush flashbacks, but no.  They were saying it that way.  Other  than that, awesome episode!!  When does this come back?!

On 5/20/2017 at 3:20 AM, Dowel Jones said:

CIA guy:  It's nu-clear, not nu-kyu-ler.  Sorry, that just chafes me.

Total pet peeve!!

• Love 2
On 5/24/2017 at 1:42 AM, FinnishViewer said:

If I remember correctly, that wasn't Sandstorm, but a Russian spy.

Now that I think about it you're right, it wasn't a Sandstorm operative that killed David. 

Patterson included David's death when stressing out over how much the tattoo cases (aka the Sandstorm op) has cost her so I think it'd still be an issue for her.

I liked this episode.  Wrapped up the whole Sandstorm thing which I was getting really tired of.  Wish that Shepherd was gone but the writers obviously aren't going to off Jane's mother as she could provide a myriad of plot points in the future. Not surprised either that Jane couldn't put Roman down.  No matter who he became or went back to, he's still Jane's brother.

I thought the time jump was forced, but then again, what do we expect?  The tattoos all lead to Sandstorm.  Now that Sandstorm is gone, there has to be new tattoos, otherwise what is the point?  The time jump has been used in lots of series (I think the most recent one I can recall is Marvel Agents of Shield) and just is a convenient way for the writers to reset the show.  Sounds like Reade and Zapata aren't going anywhere.  I find Patterson the most annoying on the show because I think all the scientific techno-geek stuff gets old ("Give me the Reader's Digest version"), but that's her position so I guess that's what we have to expect.  I do hope they focus more on tattoos as somebody mentioned because that's really the hook of the show.

I also liked the episode, or as much as I could I guess, as I stream it afterward and it always runs into hickups.  That said, they really wrapped things up quickly in this episode, as if i were going to be the last.  Then the time jump at the end seemed completely added as an afterthought.  The Jeller shit--well, at least they got that shit out of the way quickly.  That was the best thing about it for me.   The end really weirded me out, and don't get me wrong,  love weird, but it seemed really out of place.  But, I love that they got back around to the bird tattoo.  It was sort of hanging for a long time.  I wonder if that means Oscar could come back into the story somehow?  That would be awesome, IMO.  Anyway, seems like there was always more to the plan than just the phase 2, as why would Jane and Weller have to get together just for that to happen?

I just watched this and was also peeved at CIA Guy mispronouncing "nuclear" over and over. The only other one I thought did it was Reilly/whatever his name was. Patterson and MSM were very clear, as if they hoped CIA Guy would catch on eventually. But no. 

I liked the finale and think they've opened up some interesting story lines for themselves.

On 5/24/2017 at 8:32 PM, slf said:

Alice wasn't fine with killing her rabbit, she was just the first to do it. She was, like Roman, a child who suffered unimaginable abuse (both physically and psychologically). That expressed itself very differently in her than in him, partially due to the sense of protectiveness she had toward her little brother. She was controlling but I don't think it's fair to say "well she was selfish and he was traumatized"; the puzzle box with the gum wrapper inside that she left for Roman more than suggests Remy felt genuine love for her brother, complicated and even twisted though it may have been.

If I recall correctly, Remy snapped her rabbit's neck without hesitation whereas Roman couldn't do it.  I DO think that Remy loved her brother, but she was selfish and controlling where he was concerned.  It was all there in the flashbacks.  I can't recall a single warm moment between them as Remy and Roman.  That being said, Jane is a different person now and wholly loves her brother.  She doesn't want to revert back to what she was, which is why she zipped Roman in the first place.  She wanted him to get the fresh start she had, but his dose was much smaller.  It doesn't matter to me at this point about their past since it's clear that they love each other, despite Roman's anger.  I'm just hoping the writers can make Roman a compelling and sympathetic character next year and not just the new big bad.  That would be very disappointing.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, Bishop said:

If I recall correctly, Remy snapped her rabbit's neck without hesitation whereas Roman couldn't do it.

Yeah but there's a difference between saying "this abducted child who's been told by said violent abductors to kill a rabbit did so without hesitating" and "Remy was perfectly fine with killing her rabbit" like she was a child sociopath who murdered pets for fun. 

4 hours ago, Bishop said:

I DO think that Remy loved her brother, but she was selfish and controlling where he was concerned.  It was all there in the flashbacks.  I can't recall a single warm moment between them as Remy and Roman. 

My comment that "She was controlling but I don't think it's fair to say "well she was selfish and he was traumatized"" is me saying I don't think it's fair to Remy to suggest that Roman's behavior is due to his traumatic upbringing but attribute her behavior to her just being selfish and controlling like that's independent of what happened to her. Yes, Remy killed her rabbit. Perhaps she was able to kill the rabbit because she refused to become attached to it knowing there was no good reason their abusers would do something nice like give them cute pets. 

Roman isn't the only one whose parents were murdered in the living room, wasn't the only one abducted in the middle of the night and taken to some terrifying hellhole and forced to become a killer. Remy was, too. I noticed how all the examples of Remy's cold, selfish behavior were of things that happened after the abduction. There's no reason to think she was like that before being taken ergo it's reasonable to assume her behavior was influenced by/due to the trauma and conditioning. I'm not saying she wasn't selfish or controlling.

Edited by slf
  • Love 1

We haven't seen the whole story yet.  Oscar has some really great things to say about Remy when Jane asked him about herself.  I wonder if they weren't working a plan within a plan to stop Shepherd, hence the new round of tattoos. It would explain a few things that were said in flashbacks.  And through it all, Remy was trying to keep Roman out of the thick of it.

Just some wild guessing.

I feel like every season has started with Zapata hating Jane so I assume next season will be no different especially if Roman is involved in the kidnap. I understand why Jane let him walk away but I also understand why Zapata or anyone else would hate her for it.

The show won me back this season towards the end with some great episodes. I'm looking forward to next season especially with the time jump.

On 5/21/2017 at 11:30 PM, Trini said:

Really exciting finale!

Not surprised that Roman got away, but I thought Shepherd shouldn't have been kept alive. She was a good villain, but I kinda don't want to see her again.

Not a fan of them reigniting the Jane/Weller romance but at least it's less creepy than in Season one when he thought she was Taylor Shaw, and she didn't know her past.

I don't even know what to say about the time jump. So next season will have a bunch of flashbacks? Not sure if I want that.

One of  the reasons I never could keep up with this show... It was also so creepy and he always wanted to team up with her.. No matter the situation.. He'd bark for reade and zapata to go be minorities off in the corner somewhere while he oogled  a confused super soldier 

• Love 1