Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I think production has been in touch with his parents.  His parents are going to say, don't tell him, he will only worry and there is nothing he can do.  They will tell production that they are safe when it passes but there is no need for him to know anything until the show wraps.  

Really? This is a terribly serious situation. What if his home is destroyed? Don't you think he'd want to be with his family and help comfort them? Some things are a hell of a lot more important than being on a TV reality show.

Edited by TimWil
  • Love 1
Just now, gunderda said:

BB isn't going to tell him anything.  They will only tell him if something happens to a family member.  And by something I mean, they unfortunately die.

1 minute ago, gunderda said:

BB isn't going to tell him anything.  They will only tell him if something happens to a family member.  And by something I mean, they unfortunately die.

Uhhh...yeah, sure, OK. Come on...do you think they won't tell him ANYTHING and then have him go through years of guilt? Please.

4 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Uhhh...yeah, sure, OK. Come on...do you think they won't tell him ANYTHING and then have him go through years of guilt? Please.

I've been watching BB since season 1. They don't tell them things going on in the outside world.  Only in the case of a death. The only exception was during 9/11 when Monica's cousin was missing. That's the only reason they were told. 

I'm sure Josh has experience with hurricanes, and while I get that this one is way worse than anything in years - I'm sure he has plans in place in the event that one happens.  

Not to mention telling him would probably completely wreck his game. He would be an emotional wreck.

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, TimWil said:

Really? This is a terribly serious situation. What if his home is destroyed? Don't you think he'd want to be with his family and help comfort them? Some things are a hell of a lot more important than being on a TV reality show.

For sure, which is why it will be his parents' choice to make. Josh can't get to Miami anyway, not until sometime next week, at least. They may also cancel all flights to Florida except for special emergencies, depending on wind factor. He can't do anything to help, though I'm sure a phone call would be nice. But if his parents don't want him to know so he can have two weeks of blissful unawareness, then production will abide by their wishes. I think the earliest they will tell him is Monday sometime, once the hurricane passes Miami. Otherwise, he can't do anything to get to his family, let alone help. The most he can do is leave the house and then sit in a hotel, waiting for a phone call from his family. I'm sure his family also wants to wait out the hurricane before letting him know, so that at least when he gets the news, it'll either be good or bad, rather than uncertain.

And I say this with my mother trying to get out of Florida tomorrow. I think it's actually a better idea to wait until the hurricane passes, or until his family is somewhere safe, before letting him know. He can't get to Florida, and his family will not want him to. They want him safe, and right now, he's the safest he could be. There's literally cameras on him 24/7 and his parents know exactly where he is.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I've been watching BB since season 1. They don't tell them things going on in the outside world.  Only in the case of a death. The only exception was during 9/11 when Monica's cousin was missing. That's the only reason they were told. 

They also told Frankie and Derrick about their grandmothers dying.

7 minutes ago, nightowl1989 said:

They also told Frankie and Derrick about their grandmothers dying.

Exactly - that's what i said - they tell in the event of a death. 

and it was actually their grandfathers

Edited by gunderda
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'n just glad that Alex's edit has changed since a few weeks ago, because she would have been in the running if they would have kept hiding her shitty behaviour in the house.

Also, for @Michichick and whoever else was asking about Duke before, my cat is now more woke than you. He's undergoing gender reassignment surgery as I type this. Well, they're creating a new opening for him to pee from and taking away the old one to avoid problems in the future (he re-blocked almost as soon as they pulled the catheter so this was the best choice for him). Since my boy cat is kinda turning into a girl cat, I gotta ask: should we change Duke's name to Duchess or go with Cat-lyn Jenner? (Kidding. He'll always be Big Duke.)

@Callaphera - we had a male cat many years ago who came very close to dying from cystitis, but had the very same surgery and lived to be 21. He'll (she'll?) be just fine!

• Love 1

Hoh lockdown time...

5 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, I don't see them telling Josh about Irma. 

I turn on the feeds and oh goodie it's another convo between Paul and Josh about photographers where they can talk so highly about themselves some more. Insufferable.

The puppies saved you ;) 

• Love 2

It's nice to feel relaxed for a DE when you hate everyone and don't care who ends up going.

Literally, this is the first DE where I probably won't be stressed watching and hoping for a favourite to not get evicted. Any single person going is a win for me. 

• Love 17

The whole point of Big Brother is being locked up in a house from the outside world with absolutely no contact and no knowledge of what's happening in the world. Have there been times when they've been informed of stuff? Yup, nicely detailed upthread. But those are rare events. As horrible as the storm has already been and may be once it hits Florida, I honestly think that they're not going to hear a peep about it until after they get out. I'm sure some of them had friends or family in Houston or the surrounding areas and weren't informed of what happened out there. Unless someone dies, it should be radio silence, the way the game is intended to be. 

Of course, with the precedent set by Christmas bopping in and out of the house this season, I wouldn't be surprised if they let them out to go on a shopping trip at the mall. Yay! Froyo! (And I'm sure Raven will claim that she can't eat it because Gastroparesis and then proceed to down a garbage can full of froyo. With extra sprinkles.)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

Apparently the HG's count that as Paul being on the block with the whole "kevin is the only one who hasn't been on the block" thing. 

I think that most of them, maybe on a subconscious level, don't even consider Paul to be one of the houseguests.  It's like he's the coach or mentor from a previous season who came in to teach them how to play the game.  They're so used to him calling the shots, that they don't consider what a good idea it would be to actually vote him out so someone else could win.

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

There's no way Josh can go to his family.  I think the producers might, if anything, find out if his family s OK, and then tell Josh - there was a hurricane, but don't worry, everyone is fine.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

It's nice to feel relaxed for a DE when you hate everyone and don't care who ends up going.

Literally, this is the first DE where I probably won't be stressed watching and hoping for a favourite to not get evicted. Any single person going is a win for me. 

Yup. I normally hate DEs because my favs always go, so I usually just cheat and look here first (since I live on the west coast) to see how bad it went. But I'm at the point where I'm happy to see Alex/Christmas/Raven get blindsided, and if/when Jason/Kevin go, I'm just happy they are out of that toxic cesspool. Win/win. It's so sad that I can't even pretend Paul might go. But for the second HOH and evictee, will he be able to do his usual secretive damage control? It will be interesting (and by interesting, I mean not really) to see.

I really wish there was some sort of BB palate cleanser happening after this season. I need to see something that shows BB won't pull this crap again...but they will. Christmas will probably be the super popular returning vet next year! Oh god. It sucks that ratings seem to be good, because what motivation is there for BB to change anything?

• Love 3

Well hope springs eternal and in my heart of hearts I'm dreaming that one of Paul's army will win HOH, nominate him and the others will vote him out.  Wouldn't take much and they would then have nothing to fear.  I think Kevin would do that and I kind of think Josh or Raven might be chewing on something like that.

It's do or die time and they all can't be going to final two with Paul.  Most of the ones I named know, even if they don't vocalize it, that Merry Christmas is going to the end with Paul. 

It's time folks.  Maybe this will be the big tadaaa finish we have been hoping and praying for!

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Exactly - that's what i said - they tell in the event of a death. 

and it was actually their grandfathers

Remember they told Evil Dick about a family emergency and either pulled him or he pulled himself. It was a couple weeks into his 2nd go around I believe.  I never did hear what happened but I missed him so much after that

2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's do or die time and they all can't be going to final two with Paul.  Most of the ones I named know, even if they don't vocalize it, that Merry Christmas is going to the end with Paul. 

Well, many have expressed this thought but ultimately don't care. Feliz Navidud is the worst of them all, though Alex is also pretty bad. Only Josh seems willing to get rid of Paul, but only if he has the sole vote to evict. He can't trust anyone else to vote Paul out. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Tammee said:

Remember they told Evil Dick about a family emergency and either pulled him or he pulled himself. It was a couple weeks into his 2nd go around I believe.  I never did hear what happened but I missed him so much after that

I would say they got him off the show pronto. 

Dick returned for Season 13 of Big Brother as a team with his daughter Daniele, but departed the show citing "personal reasons" during the first week. In 2014, Donato announced that the reason he departed the show was due to a positive HIV diagnosis.[1]  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dick_Donato

1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, many have expressed this thought but ultimately don't care. Feliz Navidud is the worst of them all, though Alex is also pretty bad. Only Josh seems willing to get rid of Paul, but only if he has the sole vote to evict. He can't trust anyone else to vote Paul out. 

And then add that none of them can vocalize their true feeling.  Everybody..friend and foe of Paul..love running to him with the latest he said she said.  That's been paramount throughout this season.  So with that said I think maybe somebody needs to get a win and go for it.  MOO

5 minutes ago, Tammee said:

History has been made today. I think this is the first nice thing about Dick that anyone has ever said. Anywhere.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

No, I don't.  I lived in Florida and experienced 3 hurricanes.  It is terrible for property.  Sure people can lose their lives but they are usually found to have been in dangerous situations by their choice or stupidity.  They are not like tornadoes.  

As I said, I think they spoke with his parents and put the ball in their court as to how to deal with it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

thinking about it.. it's the same for me... and you're right - it feels so good to not really care what happens tonight!

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Haha I feel the same way. I'm basically like whatever- thank goodness this shit show is almost over. 

• Love 5

IF there IS producer manipulation, I hope that they throw in a twist and manipulate things so that Paul does NOT win.    Big Brother is about twists, and someone coming up from behind to topple whoever assumes they're on top.  
I'm hoping for a push in that direction.  It would make for good TV if Paul didn't win, and the show just might be redeemed in the eyes of those who are hating this season. 

Or maybe I'm dreaming. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TimWil said:

The show ALWAYS puts these kinds of situations in the court of the family members. From what I've heard from previous HG's the show is always available to speak to any family member at any point during the run. (I'm sure Raven's Mother has been fun this summer. Haha.) 

But in all seriousness- in regards to this behemoth of a storm- I'm sure that production is in touch with Josh's immediate family. They aren't going to tell him anything unless the family wants to in regards to death etc. He's at the home stretch I'm sure his family doesn't want him to worry about them and plus he really can't do anything anyway. He's not going to be able to get to Florida anyway as EVERYONE IS LEAVING. If his family is fine- and he's still in the house til the end they won't tell him until he gets out. If he leaves say either in tonight's DE or in the next week- they might tell him that there was a bad Hurricane but everyone is okay. 

During Season 2 they told them about 9/11, I believe Monica's cousin was missing and she was told that, but later on we found out that he/she actually was killed. 

I believe also last year they were told about the Pulse Shooting- but they were all in Sequester at the time prior to entering the house, and all the interviews and stuff were delayed that is probably why. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 1

I think even production has given up on this season. They don't care who wins, so they're gonna let Paul steamroll to the end because why bother? It's not like they can do anything to make it different. Let's say the HoH was a gourmet cooking comp and there was a gourmet chef in the house (no, not you, Raven. Shit, girl. We all know you can't cook). I bet anything that Paul would convince them all to throw it to Josh, who despite talking a lot about meatballs, probably couldn't make one if he tried. 

I honestly hope production hates them all as much as we do. It's time they felt the pain we feel watching this shit season go on. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, SiobhanJW said:
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Haha I feel the same way. I'm basically like whatever- thank goodness this shit show is almost over. 

Same here.  Stress free watching.  It is akin to watching a movie knowing how it ends.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think that most of them, maybe on a subconscious level, don't even consider Paul to be one of the houseguests.  It's like he's the coach or mentor from a previous season who came in to teach them how to play the game.  They're so used to him calling the shots, that they don't consider what a good idea it would be to actually vote him out so someone else could win.

I think you're really onto something here.  It started with all the advantages Paul was given right at the beginning of the game, starting with the "friendship" bracelets which established him as someone to suck up to and an authority figure and then continued with the Amulet of Ass Protection* where he was essentially set aside and put above the game for three weeks.  Classic manipulations, and I can see how the more gullible houseguests (basically anyone other than Cody, Jessica, and Mark--Elena was sucked into it) would fall into the mindset that Paul wasn't really an actual houseguest.

*Yes.  America voted for the houseguest they wanted to win the Amulet of Ass Protection.  In the first week of televised shows, where the only familiar face was this Paul guy they remember from the previous season as being a genial kind of guy.  Of course Paul got more votes and won the Amulet of Ass Protection.  A more remarkable thing would be if he hadn't won the damn thing.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Somewhere out there, this dude is thinking "Whew, I just dodged a major bullet."

He should shut down his SM and go into hiding in case she comes looking for him.

I'm pretty sure she's said that she called the wedding off because she found out he'd been cheating on her since they basically got together. So, yeah, she may not be the best Big Brother contestant, but I'd feel bad for anyone that has to call off a wedding (!) because of that.

Also, apparently everyone read Christmas' conversation to the cameras last night as her being in love with Paul. I...did not get that, but I can see how people interpreted it that way (she did say sometimes her heart "flutters" and said that Paul made her smile when watching the cameras). I thought it was more about her needing to be more reserved (she talked about wanting to go back to her regular, real-life self, dancing and having fun) and not knowing how she'll feel afterwards since she came into the House right after a long term breakup.

• Love 2

So I might actually end up missing half the DE tonight. My mom actually managed to get on a flight for tonight back home, and I'm going to pick her up. Oh well; it's not like I'd miss all that much, anyway. Alex, Kevin, or Raven are going to be evicted after Jason, so I'll catch up to the excitement of that later tonight.

• Love 2

Interesting that her ex somewhat resembles Paul. So I also read that her wedding date was 9-3. I wonder if she was extra bitchy that day. I also read that she had a previous engagement before this one that was also called off. Hmm...

christmasabbottengagedtogeoffkercher.jpg

• Love 1

I'm really glad to hear Josh's family say that they're evacuating and why they're not telling Josh. It's a very smart move, but also I'm glad he'll get out to hear that his family is safe, even if his home isn't. And hey, if he happens to boot Paul, he could very well win and have the money to help fix their home. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Weirdly, I still feel a little anxious about it, because I want to see if Paul will be super happy or only sort of happy after DE. I don't think he wants to lose Josh or Christmas if he can help it.

I can't bring a video over from twitter.  One day something I try will work!  Christmas is talking to the camera in bed.  She said she has feelings for Paul and goes on about it a little.  

3 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Weirdly, I still feel a little anxious about it, because I want to see if Paul will be super happy or only sort of happy after DE. I don't think he wants to lose Josh or Christmas if he can help it.

I am a little excited to see Raven walk out should that happen.  I would love to see her blindsided as she sits next to Kevin, sure he is the one. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, diana said:

Interesting that her ex somewhat resembles Paul. So I also read that her wedding date was 9-3. I wonder if she was extra bitchy that day. I also read that she had a previous engagement before this one that was also called off. Hmm...

I think she said she had two engagements end because of cheating.

59b1abb03f9cf_ScreenShot2017-09-07at1_23_45PM.png.82ee0f4c9b3bf3cf02cc227d9040e153.png

This has been making the rounds. Not sure how much to trust Twitter, but there it is.

• Love 3
Just now, mooses said:

I think she said she had two engagements end because of cheating.

That really sucks. Nobody deserves to be cheated on. No person should cheat on their partner, even if said partner is rude or mean or condescending or difficult in any way. I feel bad for Christmas in that sense. 

• Love 3

Christmas has feelings for Paul and that is why she will not listen to Josh speak about Paul's manipulation.   EXACTLY IT!

Now this makes sense. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Christmas has feelings for Paul and that is why she will not listen to Josh speak about Paul's manipulation.   EXACTLY IT!

Now this makes sense. 

So Christmas has seen - firsthand, even - how much of an asshole Paul is and she's still into him? Or was she talking about purely physical attraction? Because, for example, I think Dave Navarro is hot as hell and gaze at him adoringly during Ink Master marathons. But I'd also never touch the dude - not even with a thirty foot pole - because everything about his history says that you'll probably end up with an STD/I just being near him. 

Huh. No wonder the husband had no problem with Dave Navarro going on my Freebie Five list. And he didn't even make me use one of the five spots for him, he's just a bonus. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
29 minutes ago, diana said:

christmasabbottengagedtogeoffkercher.jpg

Woah, that's her ex? No wonder she's drawn to Paul, but that's got to be weird if her ex cheated on her. If she ever had the thought to evict him, she'd probably want to kick him in the balls on his way out. Misdirected agression.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 1
Just now, SiobhanJW said:

Looks like BB Comics is coming back- Avengers style. Just saw this on Reddit- apparently some people saw a video that hasn't been released yet and they got this screenshot. 

4WOT3MO.png

We have to see Nicole and Frankie again? C'mon! Like this season wasn't bad enough.

• Love 10