Type keyword(s) to search

Season 19 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

The fact that I'd rather watch Cody and Mark silently read the Bible than watch Paul and company sit around the campsite talking pretty much sums up my feelings on this season as it currently stands.

• Love 22

Okay, ALex is  a whacko ! Way to big for her britches bitch. I didn't bring this up before when I first heard it because it just kind of blew me away. I don't think anyone else did either.

About 2 hours ago, in the kitchen with Jason ( maybe others) she starts going off on how Elena cursed her and is a liar. She then said and I swear on a rosary and to my G.d and you can go to hell with your bible because mine knows I tell the truth.

So she offers Cody the hot dog she is obligated too offer him and goes off on him and mocks his reading the Bible. After giving a list of all the things she has done for him in the game.

Please let him give a scathing good byte speech.

I may need to go back and find it.

And Zorak, I seem to be more drawn to the silent ones as well.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, Jessica will not be there. The special Friday ep hasn't been filmed yet. Since the feeds will be down until after the Friday ep I would assume that they will be filming the concert/carnival after the DE tomorrow night.

You don't. I haven't seen anyone here suggest that other people have to like Cody. Hell, most of us don't even like him! We just like/are entertained by what he does for the game.

I must be going crazy then. They had the party last week and were eating the cake with their faces on it. They did the same thing last year and edited Paulie out. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Sandycat said:

What are these morons going to do after Cody is gone tomorrow? They are obsessed with him.

I guess they'll trash him for a few more hours and then move on to their next target. Of course, that will depend on who wins HOH in the DE. After that, they'll trash him some more along with the current people on the block. LOL!!!!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I must be going crazy then. They had the party last week and were eating the cake with their faces on it. They did the same thing last year and edited Paulie out. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

They had the halfway party last week, right? Jess was still in the house and they had to shut down the feeds for a couple of hours. But that won't be the party that they're showing. I think that because of Megan's DOR and then the Hex being used, they were supposed to have a jury battleback and it was already set as a special episode before the season started. Not sure why they didn't just cancel the special episode, unless they actually have another trick up their sleeve (not another battleback or someone returning as they really can't afford to go back to 10 people a month before the finale; they're barely on schedule as it is). 

Though I do think I saw a tweet or Reddit comment about the band for something being Outkast....am I crazy for remembering something like that? 

As for last year, they had some random carnival episode, right? That had advantages or something? I didn't watch the episode myself, so I can't quite remember. I know that was the one they had to edit Paulie out of.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

Holy shit Alex is as hideous on the inside as she is on the outside. 

Wow.  that was pretty crappy - they all pile on him, yell at him, and then blame him for not liking them.  

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

They had the halfway party last week, right? Jess was still in the house and they had to shut down the feeds for a couple of hours. But that won't be the party that they're showing. I think that because of Megan's DOR and then the Hex being used, they were supposed to have a jury battleback and it was already set as a special episode before the season started. Not sure why they didn't just cancel the special episode, unless they actually have another trick up their sleeve (not another battleback or someone returning as they really can't afford to go back to 10 people a month before the finale; they're barely on schedule as it is). 

Though I do think I saw a tweet or Reddit comment about the band for something being Outkast....am I crazy for remembering something like that? 

As for last year, they had some random carnival episode, right? That had advantages or something? I didn't watch the episode myself, so I can't quite remember.

Funny thing. If Jessica was edited out how would we be able to tell? Would Cody have his arm around nobody? LOL!!!!!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Wow.  that was pretty crappy - they all pile on him, yell at him, and then blame him for not liking them.  

Yeah, but Alex has never been mean to Cody. Ha. Nice try, Alex.

• Love 3
Just now, ByaNose said:

Funny thing. If Jessica was edited out how would we be able to tell? Would Cody have his arm around nobody? LOL!!!!!

Exactly! The fact that they're shutting down the feeds from before the DE to Friday night after the episode, it guarantees that whatever they're showing is going to be filmed Thursday night/Friday morning. Why else would they shut down the feeds? 

1 minute ago, backformore said:

LOL. Earlier tonight, Alex was getting pissy at Cody, telling him that she was so nice to him and he was such a mean person, and how can he be so mean while she's been super nice with sharing her food and everything. And how dare he put her on the block and blindside her...even though Cody's never put her on the block, but ok. 

Because her and her group are such victims. They never attack someone personally....

Uh...

Oh wait....

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Exactly! The fact that they're shutting down the feeds from before the DE to Friday night after the episode, it guarantees that whatever they're showing is going to be filmed Thursday night/Friday morning. Why else would they shut down the feeds? 

LOL. Earlier tonight, Alex was getting pissy at Cody, telling him that she was so nice to him and he was such a mean person, and how can he be so mean while she's been super nice with sharing her food and everything. And how dare he put her on the block and blindside her...even though Cody's never put her on the block, but ok. 

Because her and her group are such victims. They never attack someone personally....

Uh...

Oh wait....

He put her up in week one as a replacement for Megan. But I don't think it was a blindside and he actively helped her get off/basically apologized for doing it in the first place. 

Based upon their behavior the past couple of weeks and the Kafkaesque shit in the video that Growsonwalls posted upthread in which Kevin exhorts Cody to talk to them all while Alex and Xmas simultaneously demand why he's talking to them, I actually think Alex and Christmas are mentally ill. At the very least they have some sort of clinical personality disorders. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

You know how bad the season really is when I'm choosing to watch Cody iron his clothes than whatever's happening on the other cameras with the Hyena-Sheep.

LOL! I was just going to say the same thing!

1 hour ago, lids said:

Oh we can dislike them both!

For me, I watch the show purely for entertainment and Cody is more entertaining than the others. To tell you the truth, Cody's not even that entertaining; in another season, I think he would have just been tolerable for me. I don't like pandering - like Josh does. And I hate schmaltzy - like Paul does. So seeing Cody's realness, even when it's ugly sometimes, is just more relatable to me. Plus, his existence makes the others sooo angry, and that makes me laugh.

I read that he referred to Jessica as a half-breed once though. He also talks about superior genes. His comments are totally disgusting and I can't condone them. If he was in the outside world, he would probably be at a white nationalist rally right now so I can't with him. It's like watching a Tom Cruise movie. I watch him on the screen, but I wouldn't find him enjoyable in real life.

Josh said the N word, they all say MF, Jason said tranny. Im not singling out Cody, even though I dont like what he says. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

He put her up in week one as a replacement for Megan. But I don't think it was a blindside and he actively helped her get off/basically apologized for doing it in the first place. 

Wow, that's true....right! Now I remember that he was so adamant on Alex winning veto or him winning veto to take her off the block. Damn, that feels like a lifetime ago. Also, Cody having to put up five people was rough and it did tank his game (amongst a lot of his choices, but that choice didn't help).

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Those were two completely separate parties.

The first, the one with the cake that has their faces, is the halfway party. The feeds do go down for it, because they play music for the HGs while they feast and have fun outside. And booze. Booze is crucial.

The Friday episode last season was carnival games and Ziggy Marley playing live. That episode was filmed after the halfway party but before the eviction episode that week (it was like a random Monday or Tuesday that the feeds went down for it). Because Paulie was evicted on Thursday but the episode aired Friday, they "cleverly" edited him out of all the shots, except for a random hand or flash of his hat in the background.

This year, they already had the halfway party with the face cake.

Between Thursday's live episode and Friday broadcast time, it sounds like they're filming a quick something? for the special episode to air Friday night. By doing it this way, they have less time to put it together (so watch it be filled with hometown visits or some shit) but they won't have to go the extra step of editing someone out.

Unless I'm also going crazy and they've already filmed something but I've forgotten. I watch the feeds when the explosive moments happen and then when I'm too lazy to turn them off.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Hoping Zingbot is on Friday's episode but I think he's only part of the PoV.

I'd take an hour of Zingy just going ham on all of them. 

ETA:

Global TV has some of the best tweets this year.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I'd take an hour of Zingy just going ham on all of them. 

ETA:

Global TV has some of the best tweets this year.

Global has been on point with the Big Brother tweets, especially.

I'm trying to think of why they'd shut down the feeds until after the Friday episode. It can't just be a random concert episode. There has to be some new twist being revealed...right?

Victor/Nicole are coming back into the game. That's my crazy ass theory. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

Jessica:  Cody, will you marry me?

Cody:  No.  Women aren't supposed to propose to men.

- or -

Jessica:  Cody, will you marry me?

Cody:  I don't care.

OR

Jessica: Cody, will you marry me?

Cody: (staring blankly, with no emotion) Of course. I love you (in a monotone voice).

• Love 3

That is high-larious.

Again, though, to repeat - YOU'RE CURRENTLY ON THE BLOCK, ELENA!! I know Paul would never let her leave over Cody, but it's still an awfully big risk to take just to mess with Alex. Even though I love seeing her mess with Alex.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, missyb said:

Okay, ALex is  a whacko ! Way to big for her britches bitch. I didn't bring this up before when I first heard it because it just kind of blew me away. I don't think anyone else did either.

About 2 hours ago, in the kitchen with Jason ( maybe others) she starts going off on how Elena cursed her and is a liar. She then said and I swear on a rosary and to my G.d and you can go to hell with your bible because mine knows I tell the truth.

So she offers Cody the hot dog she is obligated too offer him and goes off on him and mocks his reading the Bible. After giving a list of all the things she has done for him in the game.

Alex is really weird about the Bible and her faith. When she put Cody up during the veto ceremony, she paraphrased Pontius Pilot when he gave Jesus up to be killed and said: I wash my hands of this. So dramatic. Who thinks it's cool to imitate the man that murdered their Messiah?

Plus, she's not even "washing her hands of it" or staying out of it because she keeps antagonizing Cody any chance she gets. I kind of wish we had more of the houseguests proclaiming that "so and so is bathing in blood." Nobody's thinking jury management at all. I shouldn't be surprised though; it's like this group is competing to play the worst game in the house.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, neenyah said:

This is what I don't understand (and it's not toward you personally).

Why can't we dislike his sexist, transphobic, antisocial, racist ass now? Why does it matter that Paul is in the house?

I struggle with this in BB yearly, so it's not a dig, but damn. Just because I can't stand one person, why do I have to "like" another? 

You don't have to. You can like or dislike whoever you want.

• Love 3

The thing is, these people are being bullies because in this environment they CAN. They can gang up on a person and harangue and abuse that person in the house because there are no immediate consequences. They like the power they get from it. Mark and Cody are the underdogs so that makes it acceptable for the others to gang up and bully them. All those stupid haranguing arguments aren't really about anything Cody or Mark have done, they are about taking pleasure in verbally thrashing and tormenting another human being and getting away with it. It's about boosting up their egos by demeaning someone else. If I knew more about the house guests lives, like Alex, Christmas and Josh, I'd say it was "displacement" in which they are really angry about something else in their lives that has nothing to do with Big Brother and that they can't resolve in real life, so they take that anger and use it against someone who's a "safe" target, someone who can't or won't fight back.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 14

Unfortunately, groupthink tends to take over in the house because that's kinda how the game is designed. No one wants to talk to the isolated person because they don't wanna become a target. 

Everyone loves Mark and Elena now but they did basically the same thing to Dominique the week she was on the block. 

• Love 5

And I'm gonna enjoy it soooo much when the groupthink turns on people like Christmas, Raven and Alex.  Because they are going to give it back, and we're going to get some old-school BB ridiculous fighting in the house.

I guess Josh is safe from the groupthink, since he's going to be dragged along as a goat.  Plus, he would just cry if they did turn on him.  I did find his tears delicious at first, but now it's getting boring.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, gunderda said:

He might see it that way but I don't think his ex does. She wasn't happy when Cody started hooking up with Jessica 

What is her name ot do you have a link?

Josh is the Phillip Sheppard of the season. Considering that he should have been one of the first boots, it's not a bad strategy to go for the second place prize. Though I do think he'd have a chance if he was sitting at final 2 with Christmas. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

What is her name ot do you have a link?

My friend knows Cody and his family so she's been seeing stuff on facebook early on the season when Jessica and Cody started hooking up. Stuff that his ex was posting and people were posting to his ex - like how awful cody is that his daughter could see him on tv with another woman.  My friend said Cody's ex was coming across as very psycho. But that was very early on and she hasn't given me any other reports lately of what the family is saying. 

In other news, my friend told me that Jessica reached out to Cody's nieces and they were really excited and 'star struck'

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Cutty said:

Josh is the Phillip Sheppard of the season. Considering that he should have been one of the first boots, it's not a bad strategy to go for the second place prize. Though I do think he'd have a chance if he was sitting at final 2 with Christmas. 

He'd have the right genitalia for that matchup. 

• Love 4

Alex has some kind of strange thing with food.  I have a grandson like that.  Never, never touch his food or ask for a slice of his Extra Large Pizza.  He might say yes to the slice since you paid for it but glare at you the whole time you are eating it.

I have noticed her up in the BB room drinking her beer and cokes and eating her nuts and cereal in front of all the others.  She never asks if they would like something.

Alex is selfish and has a real mean side to her when she has the groups backing.  I can see her being a terrible bully in school with the other kids.

She is damaged.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

My friend knows Cody and his family so she's been seeing stuff on facebook early on the season when Jessica and Cody started hooking up. Stuff that his ex was posting and people were posting to his ex - like how awful cody is that his daughter could see him on tv with another woman.  My friend said Cody's ex was coming across as very psycho. But that was very early on and she hasn't given me any other reports lately of what the family is saying. 

In other news, my friend told me that Jessica reached out to Cody's nieces and they were really excited and 'star struck'

Sounds like she may not have wanted to break up.  Too bad.  Cody has said very positive things about her, glowing in fact. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Cutty said:

Unfortunately, groupthink tends to take over in the house because that's kinda how the game is designed. No one wants to talk to the isolated person because they don't wanna become a target. 

Everyone loves Mark and Elena now but they did basically the same thing to Dominique the week she was on the block. 

At least Mark felt bad about it.  It's one thing to employ this as a strategy.  It's another to revel in it.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, willgracefan said:

How long did they both last?  I know Liztin lasted longer than McCranda

Few months I think.

Usually what happens is the show ends, they hang out for a while, get some publicity. Play up their relationship on social media, then inevitably break up a few months later.

• Love 1