Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Something Blue

• Start Topic

The stress of McGee and Delilah’s imminent wedding takes its toll, as Delilah is rushed to the hospital. Also, the NCIS team travels out to sea after a young and healthy Petty Officer aboard a Navy destroyer dies in his sleep.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:08 PM, illdoc said:

You do realize that anytime a woman of child-bearing age faints, she's pregnant, right?

You nailed that. The promo monkeys must hate you because the way they cut that promo, you were supposed to believe Delilah was in mortal danger.

Ah well, Mozel Tov and all that.

• Love 2

I thought Tim fainted because he could count.  

Not to be mathematical, how many weeks has Delilah been back in DC from her long time working ????in the Middle East?  

Yes, I know time on television is wonky.  And BTW, where was Mrs. Jimmy?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Help me out here-haven't watched yet, but if Delilah is only pregnant, then why was McGee unshaven and crying as if Delilah was hurt or in a coma and needed Gibbs to bolster him, thanks to the editing ? ??????

He didn't know that she was pregnant (neither did she!) All he saw was Delilah falling/passing out, and being unconscious "until the paramedics arrived".

They both found out the she was pregnant when the Dr. told them, which was after the long wait with Gibbs.

• Love 1
On 2017-05-03 at 7:08 PM, illdoc said:

You do realize that anytime a woman of child-bearing age faints, she's pregnant, right?

Or vomits (see Sunday's Madam Secretary episode).

Seems to be the theme - Mothers' Day, anyone?

This was such a light and fluffy episode, huge contrast to NCIS LA. It would have been nice to still have them on the same night to balance each other out. Or maybe the emotional whiplash would have been too much.

I wonder what the impact of this baby will be on the show. Jimmy's kid didn't affect things much but he plays a different role than McGee.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, BookWitch said:

I thought when you fainted, as soon as you hit the floor and the blood went back to your head, you came to.  Is that a myth? 

Speaking as one who has fainted multiple times (it's a family thing -- get us overheated or in close quarters, we get dizzy), as soon as I get horizontal, I'm fine.  But put my head between my knees from a seated position, I'm down for the count.  Head-between-the-knees compresses the torso, and that lack of blood flow to the brain gets worse.

Back to the show -- I have no kids, but my mother tells me she fainted for each of hers!

I don't care...I loved it...nobody died...(except the victim of the week)..nobody is in a coma....I can totally live with that..I've had enough death in my life for the last week...so this was damn fun!

• Love 14
(edited)

I'm gonna be that person-one of the first things they ask you before being admitted is if there's a chance you're pregnant because certain tests can't be taken. I know this because in the past three years, every time I've had to go to the hospital-I'd be asked that question three times, NOT counting the stupid forms I had to complete.????

And I'm going to assume that Gibbs will be McGee's Best Man since Tony is gone. Unless by some MIRACLE, they can get Michael Weatherly to make a guest appearance?

ETA: Never Mind.???

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Sweet episode ... Called the pregnancy, and Abby's not being able to keep a secret ... heck, I even figured out the killer quickly ... but Pappa Bear Gibbs made everything OK. Him giving Tim the watch was just perfect.

On the downer side, given this show's treatment of happy people, I'm really worrying about Delilah now.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, BookWitch said:

I thought when you fainted, as soon as you hit the floor and the blood went back to your head, you came to.  Is that a myth? 

I have no idea, but the doctor said she had a concussion from where she hit her head when she fell I'm sure that makes a difference.

So, McGee and Delilah can't even find time to send out invitations.  How are they going to find time to raise a child?  Or are they just going to put it in child storage for 18 hours a day?

I usually don't like Vance all that much, but I liked it when he told McGee not to take it granted.  And he was cute trying to figure out what was up with the dinner invite. 

And, I loved Gibbs giving McGee his father's watch.  It would have made more sense with Tony, IMO, but that ship has sailed, so this was the next best thing.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, BigBeagle said:

On the downer side, given this show's treatment of happy people, I'm really worrying about Delilah now.

Same here.  After last night's episode (which was nice but not one of my favorites) I realized I like Delilah more than anyone else on the show.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MyAimIsTrue said:

Same here.  After last night's episode (which was nice but not one of my favorites) I realized I like Delilah more than anyone else on the show.

In terms of worrying about Delilah, I want there to be some upcoming worry for her because there should be.  I know that television involves huge amounts of handwaving, but as a person who has a disability and uses a wheelchair, I'd like NCIS to address a few of the challenges of Delilah's pregnancy.  I never had kids and am not paralyzed, but I was told that if I ever got pregnant, my pregnancy would automatically be considered high-risk due to my disability and use of the chair.  Deliah's in the same boat, so I'm going to be annoyed if TPTB say that she can be jetting off to Dubai when she's pregnant.  I'm not saying bedrest because that's not what I was told either, but I'd expect her to have an OB-GYN who specializes in high-risk pregnancies and be told that staying in the States is probably a wise idea.

• Love 9

I missed the last two episodes and haven't bothered to look at them yet, but I am so glad I caught this ep.  I like Tim and Delilah and every small happinesses Show allows its characters.  Sean looks like he ate a sandwich at least.  And, I must say, Duane (whoever his character's name is) looks QUITE YUMMY in his white tuxedo!  You can throw HIM out to the ladies instead of the bride's bouquet.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I usually don't like Vance all that much, but I liked it when he told McGee not to take it granted.  And he was cute trying to figure out what was up with the dinner invite. 

I thought he'd be the one to officiate the ceremony.  Speaking of which...missed opportunity here.  Remember, the female chaplain with the red hair?  I wish her character would have recurred and done it.  I'm growing tired of the [good friend/wedding guest] becomes an officiant via the internet angle.  Scorpion just did the same thing, and I believe that Big Bang has done that as well.  It's gone from a nice idea to a lazy one.  I know that Delilah and McGee aren't very religious, but we've met a couple of chaplains on NCIS.  Gibbs had a hunch and brought the watch.  I just think it would have been nice if he had brought along a chaplain as well.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I'm growing tired of the [good friend/wedding guest] becomes an officiant via the internet angle.  Scorpion just did the same thing, and I believe that Big Bang has done that as well. 

Yeah, I hate that, too.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, I hate that, too.

Me too.  I also am tired of the whole "let's invite the office to the wedding because you all are like family, and our for reals families are cool with not being there" trope.  I did the hard eye-roll at the fact that Quinn and Wilmer were there, but mother/sister/dad were not??  Because they are distracted by the baby news??  Give me a break.  I get the feel-goodness of it all, but it is just so tired.  At least the scene between Gibbs and McGee saved that stupidity for me.

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, I hate that, too.

I think it shows disrespect for the profession.  It's like Gibbs saying, "I need another agent.   Go look on the Internet for 10 minutes."  Or Ducky saying the same thing if he needed a new assistant.  I don't think that it's necessary to be religious to have respect that a chaplain went to a seminary or other similar institution and studied for a long time (presumably) to do his or her job.

• Love 7

I hate this show for making me cry at the interaction between Gibbs and Tim when he gave him the watch.  That's about 3 times I cried this year.  Not good!!!

Also, how many times do we find dead sailors on submarines in this show?  I'm so tired of that same old storyline.

I agree with the making a friend a minister just to marry you.  I'd be afraid it's not legal for some reason.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

And, I loved Gibbs giving McGee his father's watch.  It would have made more sense with Tony, IMO, but that ship has sailed, so this was the next best thing.

I thought about that, too, but here's my reasoning why it made sense for Gibbs to give that special watch to Tim:  Tony came to NCIS as an experienced policeman, who had already worked with Gibbs on a case.  McGee was totally unformed ~ a computer geek who was scared to death of Gibbs.  Gibbs sort of "raised" Tim, forgave his mistakes and taught him lessons, and helped him become a mature agent and a good & confident man.  You could think of Tony as Gibbs's wiseass younger brother, but Tim really is more Gibbs's son.

1 hour ago, TheGreenWave said:

Me too.  I also am tired of the whole "let's invite the office to the wedding because you all are like family, and our for reals families are cool with not being there" trope.  I did the hard eye-roll at the fact that Quinn and Wilmer were there, but mother/sister/dad were not??  Because they are distracted by the baby news??  Give me a break.  I get the feel-goodness of it all, but it is just so tired.  At least the scene between Gibbs and McGee saved that stupidity for me.

I agree, but I was most distressed about Tim's Grandma Penelope (Lily Tomlin) not being there!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I don't care...I loved it...nobody died...(except the victim of the week)..nobody is in a coma....I can totally live with that..I've had enough death in my life for the last week...so this was damn fun!

Me too!! loved it from start to finish (save 2 things - see end of comment). Delilah's collapse was so real, and Sean Murray really brought it in the waiting room. I absolutely cried there and was only partially worried about a bad outcome. Gibbs' immediate rushing to the hospital was great. I *would like to know what Quinn was doing lazily walking back into interrogation while Torres ran after him. Surely she must have known something was up!!

I loved the tux modeling - I even laughed out loud at "Woof." "Did I say that out loud." "Hmmm mmm." I don't care that it's a trope or that we could see it coming, I still laughed. And damn, Clay, looking good as 007!!

I also laughed at Tim fainting and Delilah's sigh of "That's always how I imagined it would happen."

14 minutes ago, TeapotDiva said:

I thought about that, too, but here's my reasoning why it made sense for Gibbs to give that special watch to Tim:  Tony came to NCIS as an experienced policeman, who had already worked with Gibbs on a case.  McGee was totally unformed ~ a computer geek who was scared to death of Gibbs.  Gibbs sort of "raised" Tim, forgave his mistakes and taught him lessons, and helped him become a mature agent and a good & confident man.  You could think of Tony as Gibbs's wiseass younger brother, but Tim really is more Gibbs's son.

Agreed - that whole scene was perfection, including Mark Harmon's luminous smile. Their conversation, the watch. He wasn't disrespecting that Tim had a father - hence the admiral stars - but letting him know that *he* thought of Tim as one.

BAD: So Gibbs, Vance, Ducky all know enough to dress like an adult for a dinner party. (well, and Clay, but I think he's always in a suit.) Quinn, Bishop and Torres couldn't at least have changed out of jeans??!?!? One of your closest friends just had a huge health scare and has invited you over to dinner. Put on some fucking black pants and brush your hair!!!!

BAD 2:  My absolute hatred for Abby grew three sizes today. What an outright bitch. You don't steal your "supposed" best friend's thunder. OMG if I was Tim no way would I want her to stand up for me. And Delilah gave her the pass - If she had stolen my pg news i would have run her over with my chair. Unforgivable.  (IMO)

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

BAD: So Gibbs, Vance, Ducky all know enough to dress like an adult for a dinner party. (well, and Clay, but I think he's always in a suit.) Quinn, Bishop and Torres couldn't at least have changed out of jeans??!?!? One of your closest friends just had a huge health scare and has invited you over to dinner. Put on some fucking black pants and brush your hair!!!!

Well, count me as one who didn't realize there was a dress code to go over to your friend's house for dinner.  Especially when it's a last minute invite.

• Love 7

It didn't seem like Abby was even trying to hide Tim and Delila's secret, wow, nice friend !

i did faint at the golf course in the very early stages of my first pregnancy.  At 10 weeks along, I am surprised that Delila was so surprised at the news, tho I know it's possible. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Well at least Delial did not get fridged *side-eyes NCIS:LA* As a stand-alone it was a nice episode especially the scene between Gibbs and Tim. But there were too many clichés rammed in here: pregnant lady fainting; nobody (not even the science geeks and the doctors in the team) thinking about 'baby alert!'; the family being completely okay with not being present for the wedding; wedding performed by good friend who got certificate by weird cult via internet. The last one is such a confusing trope. How does a ceremony performed by a yahoo with internet access have any legal validity? Where I live there's tons of red-tape to deal with and the ceremony has to be performed by licensed civil servant.

But overall the episode also featured the weak spots of this season: team interaction done for comic relief (and to make sure everyone's getting lines) and what I like even less 'bumbling McGee'. He's the senior agent in the team but apparently all the coolness is reserved for the newbies. We had glimpses of stone-cold McGee in prior seasons and with Toni gone I thought we would see more of that. McGee gaining more authority and self-confidence and maturing into someone who could take over the team once Gibbs is retiring. Instead the character got more and more reverted to awkward McGee of earlier seasons.

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Packerbrewerbadger said:

At 10 weeks along, I am surprised that Delila was so surprised at the news, tho I know it's possible. 

My mom had a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor.  She was obese, so it's a little different, but still.

1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

I also laughed at Tim fainting and Delilah's sigh of "That's always how I imagined it would happen."

2 hours ago, TeapotDiva said:

Oh my goodness, yes ... I almost forgot about that. Delilah, in her own quiet way, really brings the funny at times.

1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

BAD 2:  My absolute hatred for Abby grew three sizes today. What an outright bitch. You don't steal your "supposed" best friend's thunder. OMG if I was Tim no way would I want her to stand up for me. And Delilah gave her the pass - If she had stolen my pg news i would have run her over with my chair. Unforgivable.  (IMO)

Abby definitely is a special case. The person who would do anything for her friends and worry herself into a tizzy when they've taken ill, then would practically explode with joy at their good news ("This is the BEST. NEWS. EVER!!!!!") is the same person who can't keep that good news to herself, despite promises to the contrary. I think Tim and Delilah (and practically everyone else on the show in times past) gave her a pass because they know that it was just part of what makes Abby Abby ... in other words, her bad qualities are irritating, but more than made up for by the good in her.

Then again, I might be overthinking this.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

How does a ceremony performed by a yahoo with internet access have any legal validity?

Full disclosure:  Mr. HV has one of those internet clergy cards, and he has married (legally) three couples, and will be marrying two more this year.  We live in the state of Washington, where such things are OK--the witnessed signed paperwork and marriage license are what legally marries a couple, not the actual ceremony.  But?  That varies from state to state.  Some couples aren't religious, so having an actually truly religiously ordained clergy perform the ceremony would be hypocritical, and trying to get a judge to officiate can be a scheduling and availability problem.  So here steps in a family member, friend, local person of authority with an internet ordination from the Universal Life Church Monastery  or the American Marriage Ministries and that problem is solved.

But I also agree that it is becoming too much of a TV trope.  I blame Friends.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, betsyboo said:

If Tim had landed that way, he's have broken his neck; that was a nasty angle that he landed with his shoulders down and his neck at an angle and bent.

This year's NCIS has brought out my cynicism in a really bad way.  When they didn't wait for family, I just muttered to myself....damned showrunners pinching pennies. and dollars. 

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Full disclosure:  Mr. HV has one of those internet clergy cards, and he has married (legally) three couples, and will be marrying two more this year.  We live in the state of Washington, where such things are OK--the witnessed signed paperwork and marriage license are what legally marries a couple, not the actual ceremony.  But?  That varies from state to state.  Some couples aren't religious, so having an actually truly religiously ordained clergy perform the ceremony would be hypocritical, and trying to get a judge to officiate can be a scheduling and availability problem.  So here steps in a family member, friend, local person of authority with an internet ordination from the Universal Life Church Monastery  or the American Marriage Ministries and that problem is solved.

But I also agree that it is becoming too much of a TV trope.  I blame Friends.

Thank you!!! And my apologies for calling Mr. HV a yahoo. So there is a license involved? Phew! Of course that part is always left out in shows and every time someone got married on a tv show I felt so confused about how that's supposed to work (am too lazy to Google).

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Thank you!!! And my apologies for calling Mr. HV a yahoo. So there is a license involved? Phew! Of course that part is always left out in shows and every time someone got married on a tv show I felt so confused about how that's supposed to work (am too lazy to Google).

I think the worse example of this happened on the show According to Jim.  It was completely ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

And my apologies for calling Mr. HV a yahoo.

No worries.  It is true, any yahoo can get one of those internet clergy cards.  Mr. HV was very weirded out about how easy it was.  He also got a little pocket hanger thing and a visor card identifying him as a member of the clergy.  He declines to use them...

I could just see our Jimmy Palmer getting one "just in case" of, well, anything really.  That's our Jimmy!  That was a nice character detail, a call back to how responsible Jimmy feels for the happiness, health, and well being of the rest of the team, even though he isn't out there on the front lines with them all the time.  I love Jimmy...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

Some couples aren't religious, so having an actually truly religiously ordained clergy perform the ceremony would be hypocritical, and trying to get a judge to officiate can be a scheduling and availability problem.

There's a difference between having a family friend/close relative/etc.. (like your husband)  perform a ceremony for a couple and what happened with Delilah and McGee.  Jimmy is McGee's friend, but it really came across as "hey, we're getting married right now.  Any person who happens to be here will do." (It was even worse on Scorpion.  The guy who married Toby and Happy was a complete idiot, and it cheapened the ceremony, IMO.)

I absolutely agree with you that there are people who are anti-religious and would be vehemently against being married by any member of the clergy.  However, I don't get the sense that McGee or Delilah fit that description.  If Gibbs had brought a chaplain (especially one who has at least met McGee on a case), I don't think Delilah or McGee would have objected.  I would have preferred that to Jimmy officiating the ceremony.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I would have preferred that to Jimmy officiating the ceremony.

I think the show is trying to make Jimmy more included in things.  But, it feels forced.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, betsyboo said:

Say whuuuut? Since when is Delilah a best friend to any of these people? Quinn and Torres just joined the team. And Bishop hasn't been McGee's colleague long enough to qualify. Unless I missed the dialogue that stated Delilah has known these three for years OUTSIDE of NCIS???

• Love 4
19 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm gonna be that person-one of the first things they ask you before being admitted is if there's a chance you're pregnant because certain tests can't be taken. I know this because in the past three years, every time I've had to go to the hospital-I'd be asked that question three times, NOT counting the stupid forms I had to complete.????

I think the difference is that Delilah was unconscious when they brought her in via paramedics.

I wonder if Tim and Delilah's child will be looked after by the same invisible person who cares for Agnes Keen and the Keen dogs (Blacklist).

First few seasons, Abby was one of my favourite characters. I downright hated her last night. What an asshole.

And I hate the whole "we're getting married now" and our families totally don't need to be here. Bull! (Speaking of, would have been nice to have more of a Tony mention than his creepy apartment)

Delilah ... now there is a character I adore. I dearly wish they could have added her to the cast instead of Bishop, Quinn and Fez.

I did like the Gibbs/McGee scenes a lot - they were so good, and it just amps up how much I hate the others.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

I think the show is trying to make Jimmy more included in things.  But, it feels forced.

1000% agree!  Jimmy was at the wedding.  There was no doubt in my mind that he was included.  To go the extra step with him officiating the wedding was just a step too far.  If Tony had ever married (no, not to Ziva), Jimmy officiating would have made more sense.  There's been an established friendship between Jimmy and Tony that has built over the years.  While Jimmy and Tim are friends, J would not consider them to be particularly close friends.

As weird (and potentially unpopular) as this might be, if I HAD to pick someone from the team to officiate Tim's wedding, it would have been Abby.  They dated, but I think they've moved beyond romantic love to just genuinely caring for each other and wanting the other to be happy.  I remember when Vance asked Abby to do that secret project several years ago with some radioactive material.  She ended up being detained because she was supposed to follow Vance's order and sit tight while the bad guy was flushed out.  McGee was in the interrogation room like a shot trying to save Abby.  Abby does overdo it, but I think she genuinely wants the best for Tim.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Say whuuuut? Since when is Delilah a best friend to any of these people? Quinn and Torres just joined the team. And Bishop hasn't been McGee's colleague long enough to qualify. Unless I missed the dialogue that stated Delilah has known these three for years OUTSIDE of NCIS???

you are correct. But *Tim* is important to them, and Delilah is important to Tim.  They were all concerned about her enough to bug Gibbs at the hospital about her condition.  And while B/Q/T didn't know the intent of the dinner, Tim and Delilah wanted them there for their special night, so clearly their relationship is beyond the "work colleague" phase. Ymmv

Plus - did I hear him say at the tux place "Everyone in my wedding is gonna look better than me..." (Torres and Clay) or "Everyone at my wedding...." 

(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:09 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

And I'm going to assume that Gibbs will be McGee's Best Man since Tony is gone. Unless by some MIRACLE, they can get Michael Weatherly to make a guest appearance?

ETA: Never Mind.???

I know!  They couldn't get him to record a 5 minute Skype call or something?  Seems like that would be real easy.

10 hours ago, NYGirl said:

Also, how many times do we find dead sailors on submarines in this show?  I'm so tired of that same old storyline.

Also, they flew to the ship, then flew home, then flew back for more questions.  For whatever reason, the wasted time and money flying back and forth annoyed me.  I believe in the early seasons, they would stay on the boat and just get the body to Ducky.  There's enough team members to leave some on the boat and some still investigating at home.

5 hours ago, Katy M said:

I often wonder if they try to include him more because of David McCallum's age.  I don't know if he has any health problems, but he definitely isn't a spring chicken.  So if Ducky 'retired' or, God forbid, 'died', Jimmy could step up as the head ME. 

Edited by Tdoc72
wonky computer
  • Love 6
(edited)

I came back to the show full time this season to checkout the two new agents(Alex and Nick) after missing parts of S12 and S13. I enjoyed the impromptu wedding with Tim and Delilah, but I missed from previous episodes how Delilah became disabled.  Did she come to the show as disabled or was she hurt afterwards on assignment? I remember that she was added in S11 as girlfriend for Tim in order to create some jealousy angst with Abby. Did the writers provide any background on her injury? A pregnancy could be a tough story line to play out given her being bound to a wheel chair unless I missed out on a possible medical solution in the works. Enjoyed the episode for the most part except for the back and forth trips to the ship by the agents.

Edited by VinceW

So, no family for the wedding and only McGee's office?  What about workaholic Delilah's office?  (And ditto to whomever commented on the two newbie agents and Mrs. Jimmy.)   That said, Tim had time to pick up a tux?  And honestly, a quickie wedding could have been held three days later with Delilah's parents and sister.   

Tim and Gibbs moment made the episode (as did the always wonderful Delilah).   

Overall, though I was thrilled.   Tim, Gibbs, Ducky and Jimmy are the only characters I still care about.   I want happiness for a couple of them.  And I was a bit surprised that Ducky wasn't already a minister.   Just seems like he would have that up his sleeve.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, VinceW said:

I came back to the show full time this season to checkout the two new agents(Alex and Nick) after missing parts of S12 and S13. I enjoyed the impromptu wedding with Tim and Delilah, but I missed from previous episodes how Delilah became disabled.  Did she come to the show as disabled or was she hurt afterwards on assignment? I remember that she was added in S11 as girlfriend for Tim in order to create some jealousy angst with Abby. Did the writers provide any background on her injury? A pregnancy could be a tough story line to play out given her being bound to a wheel chair unless I missed out on a possible medical solution in the works. Enjoyed the episode for the most part except for the back and forth trips to the ship by the agents.

I can't remember the storyline arc, but I want to say it had something to do with the Russians.  Anyway, NCIS was in the midst of a multi-episode chase of a bad guy.  Delilah and McGee were attending a Washington social event/gala event that had something to do with her job, and the venue was bombed by the bad guy.  Her paralysis is a result of injuries sustained during the bombing.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I can't remember the storyline arc, but I want to say it had something to do with the Russians.  Anyway, NCIS was in the midst of a multi-episode chase of a bad guy.  Delilah and McGee were attending a Washington social event/gala event that had something to do with her job, and the venue was bombed by the bad guy.  Her paralysis is a result of injuries sustained during the bombing.

Thanks @Ohmo for the feedback. Nobody in my family could remember when that happened.

I liked the scenes between Gibbs and McGee, especially when McGee fell apart at the hospital. It was the most real he's been all season, in my book. When he couldn't decide on a tux, I was getting disgusted with him.

I did not care for the way Quinn kept whining: "It was so cold in there, I'm glad to see these orange walls, are we going to make everyone on the ship tie knots?" So unprofessional! Tony complained, but he didn't whine.

I did not care for the way Bishop leads in a lot of the interrogations, especially when Gibbs is present. Granted, he is a man of few words, but she is altogether too wordy.

It did come together in the end for me, although I was surprised Abby blabbed (would she have been as forgiving if the situation were reversed?), I thought there was no justification for rushing things and leaving family out, and I would have liked some mention of Tony. Surely he would have been missed? 

I also didn't get why Delilah, as a result of her past injury, could be struck down without notice, as McGee claims the doctors said, unless he was just being a worrywart. I mean, she travels worldwide and takes care of herself, and yet she's that fragile? I figured that either McGee was overreacting or the writers were a bit lazy.

All in all, though, I liked it. Definitely an uptick in the season, for me.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ForReal said:

I also didn't get why Delilah, as a result of her past injury, could be struck down without notice, as McGee claims the doctors said, unless he was just being a worrywart. I mean, she travels worldwide and takes care of herself, and yet she's that fragile? I figured that either McGee was overreacting or the writers were a bit lazy.

McGee was not overreacting.  Delilah's paralysis means that she has to be aware of the possibility of a blood clot, which could be lethal without warning.  Paralysis can lead to problems with circulation because people don't move in the same way or as often as those with unimpaired sensation.  Delilah can't feel her legs, which means she can't voluntarily move them.  Think about all of the scooching around that people do if they sit in a chair for a long period of time.  You scooch and move around, even in small ways, without thinking about it.  That usually happens because you feel it and change your body position a bit.  Delilah can't feel that, which means that she has to remember to shift and move.  Blood clots can happen when enough movement doesn't happen, and Delilah would not be able to feel the pain of a clot if one formed in her leg,  People with paralysis have to visually check themselves to make sure that swelling or redness isn't the formation of a clot.  It doesn't mean that they are fragile or unable to take care of themselves, but McGee was right to freak out over Delilah fainting.  Thankfully, it wasn't a clot, but it could have been.

• Love 4