Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E23: Something Blue

• Start Topic

While I'm sure being pregnant and in a wheelchair doesn't automatically mean the mom-to-be is now a delicate glass flower for the next nine months, does it make her higher risk? Are their potential complications that wouldn't have been a factor otherwise?

11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

While I'm sure being pregnant and in a wheelchair doesn't automatically mean the mom-to-be is now a delicate glass flower for the next nine months, does it make her higher risk? Are their potential complications that wouldn't have been a factor otherwise?

From my own personal experience (even though I never chose to have kids), I was told that I would be considered a high-risk pregnancy, and I'm not paralyzed like Delilah.  I never got in to all of the nitty gritty details because I was pretty sure kids were not going to be in my future, but I was told that a C-section would be likely because a) my disability and likely Delilah's as well would affect my ability to push during labor b) Since a person who uses a wheelchair sits more than the average person, the C-section would also be used to make sure the baby wasn't too big.  Deliah's weight would probably be monitored because sitting would likely affect the baby's position inside her.  I'm sure there's a ton more things to consider, but yes, Delilah would absolutely be considered a high risk during pregnancy.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2017 at 4:08 PM, illdoc said:

You do realize that anytime a woman of child-bearing age faints, she's pregnant, right?

I'm just thankful it wasn't vomiting. Which seems to me to be more the go-to than fainting.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:44 AM, Katy M said:

My mom had a friend who didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor.  She was obese, so it's a little different, but still.

As one who has been pregnant with weight issues - I still can't understand it. Yeah, the weight and size gain isn't that remarkable. But the baby moving inside you? The initial flutters I can see overlooking as a little gas, but at the later stages, there's no explaining away the sensation of something kicking and moving inside of you - unless you're actively in denial. Cause sometimes it's pretty darned intense.

I liked the episode, and didn't mind the speedy (and blood family free) wedding. I have no idea how far away any of their family members are, and Delilah clearly didn't want a wedding where she'd be visibly pregnant. So I'm happy to handwave that.

Abby spilling the beans was so Abby, and part of the reason she's not my favorite character. Being an adult, imo, means being able to control yourself to some extent. Maybe not perfectly, but at least enough not to reveal someone else's secret.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/11/2017 at 9:30 AM, Ohmo said:

I can't remember the storyline arc, but I want to say it had something to do with the Russians.  Anyway, NCIS was in the midst of a multi-episode chase of a bad guy.  Delilah and McGee were attending a Washington social event/gala event that had something to do with her job, and the venue was bombed by the bad guy.  Her paralysis is a result of injuries sustained during the bombing.

Thanks again @Ohmo. You put me on the right path.  Season 11x12 "Kill Chain" - McGee decides to go to a gala with his Delilah. She was awarded a prestigious fellowship by the Conrad Institute for her work in counter terrorism. At first, McGee did not want to go with her, but changes his mind. He steps out from the gala to take a call from Gibbs who wants to warn him about an incoming drone strike, but it is too late.  In the next episode, 11x13 "Double Back", viewers learn that Delilah is paralyzed from the incident. 

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1
On 5/11/2017 at 8:48 AM, MortysCleaningLady said:

So, no family for the wedding and only McGee's office?  What about workaholic Delilah's office?  (And ditto to whomever commented on the two newbie agents and Mrs. Jimmy.)   That said, Tim had time to pick up a tux?  And honestly, a quickie wedding could have been held three days later with Delilah's parents and sister.   

It really bothered me that there was no one there for Delilah. Doesn't she have her own friends?

• Love 5

When they were trying on outfits at the beginning, did anyone else interpret the expression on McGee's face upon seeing Abby as ruefully thinking, "I used to hit that"?

I figured Delilah was going to be pregnant when they had Tim be so worried.  If he was being calm and optimistic, I would have thought she was going to die.  So, when Delilah gives birth, I hope that he is a nervous daddy-to-be because that means everything is probably going to be okay.

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

When they were trying on outfits at the beginning, did anyone else interpret the expression on McGee's face upon seeing Abby as ruefully thinking, "I used to hit that"?

I figured Delilah was going to be pregnant when they had Tim be so worried.  If he was being calm and optimistic, I would have thought she was going to die.  So, when Delilah gives birth, I hope that he is a nervous daddy-to-be because that means everything is probably going to be okay.

Given the impromptu wedding and baby news, I wonder if Delilah becomes a regular next season. I hope so. Both of them working as government analysts makes it much easier for the writers to use crossover cases between the two agencies to keep them working together on screen while at the same time having a home life with a new baby(e.g. Bones - Brennan and Booth).  I truly hope that the baby scenario is not another cruel teaser for viewers that ends in tragedy for the new couple next season. (fingers crossed)

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 1

I never understood why they were not bringing Delilah on-board once Ziva had left (maybe the actress wasn't available?). She was the obvious choice: great chemistry with the main cast and as far as I can tell being well-liked by the audience. Sure they can't have her out in the field but give her a place in MTAC and she would be boss.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/15/2017 at 8:06 PM, MissLucas said:

I never understood why they were not bringing Delilah on-board once Ziva had left (maybe the actress wasn't available?). She was the obvious choice: great chemistry with the main cast and as far as I can tell being well-liked by the audience. Sure they can't have her out in the field but give her a place in MTAC and she would be boss.

I think the show missed an opportunity to bring Delilah into the mix. She is well liked and would have been a better option than bringing in all these new people. There's a lot of room for interesting plots on both a personal & professional level. 

Edited by love2lovebadtv
  • Love 2

I agree, I would prefer Delilah and interesting plots. Unfortunately it sometimes seems that TPTB think we mainly want to watch people running around shooting at each other.

• Love 2