Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Requiem

• Start Topic

To paraphrase recent news, it was MOAR -- Mother of All Retcons.

The fact that Lizzie spent ALL that time with Kate, but yet had absolutely no memory of her was pretty bad.

Though the actress they had play younger adult Kate did a pretty good job.

Maybe I nodded off, but did they ever explain why she adopted the moniker 'Mr. Kaplan' ?

It also might have helped if they showed all the shenanigans that Kate did to usurp Red since she recovered from the gunshot to the head to the present.  Because she did a lot of stuff that had Red chasing his tail to figure out who was screwing with him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, forumfish said:

After hearing Kate's friend say "Annie Kaplan," the guy with the gun turned to Kate and said "I guess that makes you Mr. Kaplan" or something to that effect.

Yep, must have snoozed right through that part.

Wouldn't a lot of those bodies be heavily decomposed and be little more than bones -- so why would they need so many full-size body bags ?  
I'd think some kitchen-catchers and a dust-buster would do the job (to suck up all the crumbs).

• Love 2

Wow, is this show ever an order of magnitude better when they abandon the usual formula and most of the characters!

As regards the retcon, I too was caught off guard but it almost-kinda works. Wasn't there an early episode in which we learned that Lizzie's mind had been messed with? False memories or something? So if we assume that at some point she got a KGB and/or CIA brainwashing the plot almost makes sense. In any case, I was less concerned about continuity and more impressed by the fact that this show was finally, finally showing rather than telling!

This episode and the previous one were much more enjoyable than the turgid intricacies of previous plots. I am looking forward to seeing how this plays out!

• Love 11

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series. Mr. Kaplan is the one who should have gotten the spin-off. (The irony is that she got more redemption in one episode than anybody throughout Blacklist:Redemption, but I digress.)   I really liked that we had an ep without Red and Lizzie as the focus.

2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:
2 hours ago, forumfish said:

After hearing Kate's friend say "Annie Kaplan," the guy with the gun turned to Kate and said "I guess that makes you Mr. Kaplan" or something to that effect.

That was a pretty good payoff and a rather sweet reveal. I thought it was worth watching just for that. 

2 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Though the actress they had play younger adult Kate did a pretty good job.

I didn't even realize it was a different actress at first. I just thought they made her look younger.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 15

I didn't fully get the motel  scene (shades of The Good Wife, eh?).  Has Kate been traveling around cities and stocking up the bodies from various motels and such?  Agreed that the decomposition would have been much more severe.  And if she dispatched angry boyfriend from Room 8, that's on her, not on Reddington.  Also, it is with some irony that I observed that the Desi Arnaz/Lucille Ball movie The Long, Long Trailer was playing over on IFC.

It just occurred to me that Kate's encounter at the bail bond office probably saved her life years later with Reddington.  The bailbond guy mentioned that they put in a steel plate where the bullet struck her head.  Dollars to donuts that's where Red's bullet struck her, and fortuitously bounced off.

• Love 5

It's been awhile since I watched the show and I caught it on a whim but I loved this and the idea that Mr. Kaplan has known Liz for as long as Red.  That her history with both of them is so very complicated.  

A lot of the reveals were both sweet and very sad.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 9

I liked the Mr. Kaplan focus of the episode.  It finally makes some sense of why Mr. Kaplan would work for someone like Red and why she wants revenge for his shooting her instead of just slipping off to start a new life.   She told him from the very start that she would choose Lizzie over him and he agreed that she should.  Then he did try to put her down like a dog.

I ended up really disliking Lizzie's mom.  She certainly left a big mess behind for Mr. Kaplan to sort out while leaving her no money or other resources.  

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Wouldn't a lot of those bodies be heavily decomposed and be little more than bones -- so why would they need so many full-size body bags ?  
I'd think some kitchen-catchers and a dust-buster would do the job (to suck up all the crumbs).

That trailer holds a lot. But the fact that she moved them would be explained away as tampered evidence in court. It's not the actual crime scene. It may have been a dumping ground of hers.

How did Mr Kaplan get the knowledge of illegal body disposal ie stuff like bury below the frost line so it doesn't heave up in winter before Reddington? Also Red apparently was Liz's mom's assignment. But if Red was already a criminal what US military intelligence value would he have.

Also, from Blacklist Redemption the KGB mole farm. Still thinking Red could be one of the substitutes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, vb68 said:

I thought this was one of the best episodes of the series. Mr. Kaplan is the one who should have gotten the spin-off. (The irony is that she got more redemption in one episode than anybody throughout Blacklist:Redemption, but I digress.)   I really liked that we had an ep without Red and Lizzie as the focus.

YES!  I was actually watching this episode on the edge of my seat (instead of my usual game playing on phone) because of the intensity with which they told the story (well done with interweaving the flashbacks) - Mr. Kaplan was brilliant.  I was wondering how she was going to talk her way out with the local cop and, again, brilliant.  Lack of Liz = no great loss.

• Love 5

I had given up on this show due to frustration and the fact the writers had tortured me about Lizzy's past to the point that I didn't care NOR did I want to know anything more about her.(Even Red couldn't keep my interest.)  But, I happened upon this episode last night and found it delightful.  Very amusing.  Sad to say, that they sucked me back in.  Oh well....still some things that didn't make sense, but, I suppose that's just how this show goes.  Of course, I hesitate to believe anything I see on the show, because, it's likely not true.  lol

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I would so watch Mr Kaplan in her own series. 

I would to.

I know it won't happen, but if Mr. Kaplan killed Red, Lizzie, etc., I would be cheering her on all the way.

I did like the explanation for the name Mr. Kaplan, and the metal plate in her head.  Nicely done without a whole lot of unnecessary exposition.

• Love 8

Yes, there were holes (and lots of retconning) but there always are on this show but I did like the focus on Mr. Kaplan and the bonus of pretty much no Liz was a bonus.

As for the lack of decomp, didn't Mr. Kaplan have some medical knowledge and prior work in a morgue/funeral home?  I did like the use of the ice rink to put the body bags on display.

Looking forward to next week.

Also, still don't care about the Liz paternity thing and her Mom was nuts.

I guess there's no way Red and Mr. Kaplan can let bygones be bygones.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 1

I so hope the internet explodes with Annie and Kate fanfic.  I know it won't but damn!!!! The few scenes of that relationship made my cold dead heart melt a little. I guess it did with Kate's too huh.   

I am well aware of the retconning but this is the kind of retconning i don't mind.  The kind that fleshs out characters instead of rewiring them.  It is possible that Kaplan knew Masha even though season one she pretended not to.  Lizzie had her own memory wiped so it is also possible she just plain forgot she had the best nanny ever.  Again it's fleshing out not rewriting completely.  It gives Kaplan a big reason to hate Red beyond a bullet to the eye socket.  And a reason to want to protect Elizabeth and her child even with her life.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

This combined with the episode before was the best two hours I've spent for a long time. WTH writers, did the old crappy ones get fired and we finally got a group who knows how to kick ass? I never believed all that "Masha" and "Lizzie is Russian" baloney that was thrown at us over the past seasons. I hated that storyline. THIS episode should have been shown way back when instead of dragging out the tired "Who is Lizzie's dad" trope. We learned last night that Red was banging Lizzie's mom, and Lizzie shot someone who was "a bad man." But it wasn't Kirk or Red, so whom did she kill? Not that it matters. And too funny that Lizzie's was given to a grifter to raise. WTH! The actress playing young Kate ROCKED it, I kept wondering if it was the same person, made to look young AND older. As for Kate getting the name Mr. Kaplan, she and Annie were kissing when the shooter busted into the bail-bond office, so when he asked for their names and Annie said Annie Kaplan, the shooter said then Kate must be "Mr. Kaplan." I really liked their relationship, the best one I've seen since Thelma and Louise, and Kate's pain when she was told Annie died brought tears to my eyes. We also got Kate's background, she was a scholar and a genius as well as medically trained. I also learned she had a plate in her skull, which explains how Red didn't kill her with that gunshot to the head. After this episode, I'm 100-percent Team Kate and am rooting for her to get Red and get him good. I hate him now. He tortured the bail bondsman who was Kate's only family, and I don't care if he's Lizzie's dad or not. He needs to go. I'm wanting Kate and Dembe do him in and go off to live together on some island somewhere with all of Red's riches at their disposal. Dembe: Look what Red did to Kate. He'll do that to you, too. So ... RUN. (After you knock off Red.)

p.s. What was in that motel-room wall?

• Love 11
On 4/21/2017 at 7:33 AM, Autumn said:

I liked the Mr. Kaplan focus of the episode.  It finally makes some sense of why Mr. Kaplan would work for someone like Red and why she wants revenge for his shooting her instead of just slipping off to start a new life.   She told him from the very start that she would choose Lizzie over him and he agreed that she should.  Then he did try to put her down like a dog.

I ended up really disliking Lizzie's mom.  She certainly left a big mess behind for Mr. Kaplan to sort out while leaving her no money or other resources.  

It was great to get the backstory on Mr. Kaplan, but the body in the motel room wall was overdone and it suggested for me that she had a somewhat dark side to many of her actions. I missed the timeline for the name changeover from "Masha" to Lizzie. In the Alexander Kirk arc, viewers found out that his DNA was not a match with Lizzzie and we now find out that Katarina had a one year affair with Red. So, is Red the father or not? Why let it still remain unknown? How did the mother find Lizzie after the kidnapping?  I missed the continuity over the house fire and what was behind the argument that brought about the shooting.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, iheartET said:

2) Why did Mr. Kaplan want room 8 at that motel ?

At the end of the episode, when talking to Red, she said "I know where all the bodies are buried, correction, were buried". I concluded all the driving scenes were her systematically going to different places and retrieving them, and the motel scenes provided the hint of what she was up to.  There was a scene where she pulled out a power saw, so I assume one of the bodies was buried in the wall of room 8.

I too had been frustrated with the show, but would check back in occasionally and do catch-up watching when I exhausted other options. These two episodes brought me back (for now...I must emphatically stress, all it will take is one halfway decent pilot for me to drop off again), I've always loved Mr Kaplan and agree - they should consider doing a 13 episode spin off of the younger Mr Kaplan, and perhaps the things she got up to post Annie's death. They could start from that day she was killed, and build from there. Anyway.

I'm curious to see where they go from here, and yes, there were some inconsistencies with previous storylines (Tom was Red's doing yet I seem to recall he tried to kill her? If Red was her protector why did Tom turn? Meh.) but I'm happy to wipe slates clean and start from this point if it means the context will make for better episodes. 

• Love 1

Yes! This sad series finally has my attention again, thanks to these two episodes.  In spite of the stretches/recons, LOVED the focus on Mr. Kaplan.  Always one of the most interesting characters --for me-- Hope it wasn't a fluke, and that she continues to best Red ...for a few episodes at least...tho, knowing how this seris rolls, we know who/Red will have to triumph in the end  (it'll be sad, tho typical, if it is Liz who has to kill Kaplan in order to save Red....wouldn't be surprised)

Something else that wouldn't surprise me , at this point, if they somehow "undead" Liz' Mom, and bring her back to meet/reunite with Liz et al. Maybe as a cliffhanger should the series be renewed???

Small point/question-- I remember seeing  severe burn scars on Red's back many episodes/ recons ago. Do others???  So I've always assumed that it was he, in the house fire

I didn't realize that Lizzie knew that Red shot Mr. Kaplan. What more does he have to do to have her tell him to go fuck himself?  Doesn't she also know that he killed GrifterDad? 

Pretty quick and nonchalant reveal of how Tom was planted into Lizzie's life.  All this time I thought it was for some nefarious reason, and not just to be her babysitter.

So Red became an International Super Criminal just so he would be a badder ass that the other bad asses that he thought would come after Liz?  Seems quite a bit more complicated than just giving her a new identity, don't you think?  And what makes her so important to other bad guys?  Does she have a treasure map tattooed on her scalp?  

I predict that Katarina is not dead (because you have to kill the really important people multiple times on these shows before they're really dead), and that she will swoop in and save Kate from Red in the season finale.  Lizzie's reaction to all of this craziness?  zzzzzzzzz

The spinoff that I want to see would include Tom, Aram, Mr. Kaplan, Dembe and Solomon. Red and Lizzie can go off into the sunset.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Johnny Dollar said:

I didn't realize that Lizzie knew that Red shot Mr. Kaplan. What more does he have to do to have her tell him to go fuck himself?  Doesn't she also know that he killed GrifterDad? 

Pretty quick and nonchalant reveal of how Tom was planted into Lizzie's life.  All this time I thought it was for some nefarious reason, and not just to be her babysitter.

So Red became an International Super Criminal just so he would be a badder ass that the other bad asses that he thought would come after Liz?  Seems quite a bit more complicated than just giving her a new identity, don't you think?  And what makes her so important to other bad guys?  Does she have a treasure map tattooed on her scalp?  

I predict that Katarina is not dead (because you have to kill the really important people multiple times on these shows before they're really dead), and that she will swoop in and save Kate from Red in the season finale.  Lizzie's reaction to all of this craziness?  zzzzzzzzz

The spinoff that I want to see would include Tom, Aram, Mr. Kaplan, Dembe and Solomon. Red and Lizzie can go off into the sunset.

I really like this post and I agree that both Red and Lizzie can go away never to be seen or heard from again.  That should be the universe's ultimate punishment to Red -- have him trapped with the utter nothing that is Lizzie for all eternity.

11 hours ago, iheartET said:

Comments:

Comments:

1) They should have used a younger version of Sam and Red. I know they tried to make Red look younger, but he had the same voice.

2) Why did Mr. Kaplan want room 8 at that motel ?

3) Back in the day Mr. Kaplan told Red: “If you ever put me in a position where I have to choose between what's best for you and what's best for her, I will choose Elizabeth every time.”

So I don’t know why she later on told Red: “When you hired me, you told me to choose Elizabeth over you.” I didn’t hear him say that.

4) I liked the flashback scenes. They gave us a nice idea of the past regarding Red’s Katarina and Mr. Kaplan’s life.

This is what I gathered from what I saw.  If it's not correct, someone, please chime in:

The reason she wanted Room 8 is that some body parts were stored in the wall of that room.  She cut the wall open and took them with her in large suitcases into the travel trailer.

I thought that Red agreed with Kaplan from the beginning that she would choose Lizzy over Red anytime. there was a choice to be made.  She obviously, thought that's what she had to do.  

15 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

This is what I gathered from what I saw.  If it's not correct, someone, please chime in:

The reason she wanted Room 8 is that some body parts were stored in the wall of that room.  She cut the wall open and took them with her in large suitcases into the travel trailer.

I thought that Red agreed with Kaplan from the beginning that she would choose Lizzy over Red anytime. there was a choice to be made.  She obviously, thought that's what she had to do.  

That's my understanding do.  What makes Mr. Kaplan so dangerous to Red is that she has not only been there pretty much from day one (maybe day two is a better number). But she knows where all the bodies are buried because as his personal cleaner she was the one who buried them.    

• Love 1

Maybe, someone can shed some light on this for me.  How would the bodies really help Kaplan though?  I mean, what do the bodies show against Red?  Often, he had others do the dirty work or there is no real DNA, prints, phone records, etc. proving that he killed them.   The people involved are likely also dead or scattered to parts unknown.  It might be Kaplan's word against Red, and wouldn't that put her in jeopardy of prosecution too?  How would he go down and not her?  And if that happens, what happens to LIzzie?  Maybe, I'm over thinking it.   Plus, if she puts herself under the microscope, what about all the people that she killed without Red, like in the house before she ever met Red.  And the man in Room 8 at the motel?  

• Love 2

Kate could make a deal with the U.S. attorney's office to tell them everything she knows in exchange for immunity from prosecution. Prosecutors make those kind of deals all the time. Being able to take down Reddington once and for all, close all those cold cases and have bodies for the families to bury would be very good reasons to make a deal with Kate. It doesn't matter that some of the victims were low-life criminals themselves. They are still murder victims who deserve justice.

• Love 1

A lot of these people probably "just vanished" too.  Done probably with warrents and/or hits out against them.  Even a dead body showing up means an investigation.  Even if the investigation goes nowhere.  Add to the Black List crew are law enforcement and even if they can't prove it that little ear worm will continue whisper that Red has killed people.  How long until they can't live with Red's shananigans and cut him lose?  If they do that the Mr. Kaplan has a clear path toward Liz.    

On 4/22/2017 at 3:42 PM, Chaos Theory said:

...............How long until they can't live with Red's shenanigans and cut him loose?  If they do that, then Mr. Kaplan has a clear path toward Liz.    

It is strange that Liz has no memory of Mr. Kaplan taking care of her as a child. She doesn't remember playing card games with her?  In the preview for next week, Mr. Kaplan is holding Agnes with Liz in the room which should make for some unexpected angst for Red. Maybe Kate speaks something in Russian to Liz at some point and it jogs her memory about her childhood.

Edited by VinceW
2 minutes ago, VinceW said:

It is strange that Liz has no memory of Mr. Kaplan taking care of her as a child. She doesn't remember playing card games with her?  In the preview for next week, Mr. Kaplan is holding Agnes with Liz in the room which should make for some unexpected angst for Red.

Liz has no memory of her mother.  She had her memory messed with by Red or...,someone.

19 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Liz has no memory of her mother.  She had her memory messed with by Red or...,someone.

Some other holes in the story:  What does Liz know that puts her in so much danger after all this time? What is the background of the so-called abusive father?

Edited by VinceW

I did get a kick out of Kate pulling that high-end Airstream trailer with a POC 1975 Chevy pickup. Those rattletraps suck gas -- I know, I had one. Decades ago! You'd think Mr. Kaplan would have found a better ride.

Add me to the list of enjoying these last two episodes!...This is the first time in a long time that the show had me interested.  Mr. Kaplan I'm rooting for you...I am beginning to love this character...can't wait to see what happens.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe, someone can shed some light on this for me.  How would the bodies really help Kaplan though?  I mean, what do the bodies show against Red?  Often, he had others do the dirty work or there is no real DNA, prints, phone records, etc. proving that he killed them.   The people involved are likely also dead or scattered to parts unknown.  It might be Kaplan's word against Red, and wouldn't that put her in jeopardy of prosecution too?  How would he go down and not her?  And if that happens, what happens to LIzzie?  Maybe, I'm over thinking it.   Plus, if she puts herself under the microscope, what about all the people that she killed without Red, like in the house before she ever met Red.  And the man in Room 8 at the motel?  

Remember last season there was a Blacklister called The Caretaker who hid secrets and stuff inside bodies buried in a cemetery.

Maybe Mr. Kaplan has hidden messages/secrets in all these dead bodies, that when assembled together reveal the Fulcrum 2.0  Otherwise, I got nothing.

• Love 3
On 4/22/2017 at 7:08 PM, Chaos Theory said:

Liz has no memory of her mother.  She had her memory messed with by Red or someone.

Recall in the season 2 finale when Liz fatally shoots Tom Connolly. The shooting triggers her memory of the night of the fire when she shot and killed the so-called abusive father in order to protect her mother. Liz escapes police capture with Red's help and she confesses to having regained her memory, as well as her full understanding of Red's desire to protect her. That sounds like she gets her memory back. In the preview for next week, Mr. Kaplan is holding Agnes when Liz comes home.  Maybe Kate speaks something in Russian to Liz at some point and it jogs her memory about her childhood and the fact that Kate was her nanny.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 2

A couple of things about bodies in the motel wall doesn't ring true.  One, there's too much chance of discovery over the years.  Maybe an accidental hole in the wall or something... and two, Mr. Kaplan had to tear down the original wall, stash the body parts, then put up new sheetrock, tape and texture it, and then paint it to match the other walls.  That is not an insignificant project, even if you do shoo the maid away for a few days. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the info. I didn't really watch last season, so, I suppose I have some catchup to do.  

There are holes in the story of storing body parts in the wall.  Even with treatment, wouldn't they smell?  Not a very viable story, imo, but, still....I'll watch for the Kaplan part. 

4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for the info. I didn't really watch last season, so, I suppose I have some catch up to do.  

There are holes in the story of storing body parts in the wall.  Even with treatment, wouldn't they smell?  Not a very viable story, imo, but, still....I'll watch for the Kaplan part. 

The bounty hunter uncle willing to store all those bodies out of loyalty to Mr Kaplan because of her relationship with Annie as well as her ability to retrieve all those bodies on her own was a stretch. IMO. How clever were the writers that Kate once kicked a knife on the kitchen floor to help protect the mother and then later in the flashbacks, the daughter gets the gun thrown to her feet to help protect the mother as well. 

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think Red agreed with Kaplan when she said she would chose Lizzy over him.  I'll find it and give the scene location. 

It was the scene right after Sam came to see Kate at the bail bond business and Sam told Kate that Red wanted to talk to her.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 3

Add me to the list of long-time BL viewers who wondered if the show had a new writer for this episode. It not only provided some backstory answers, it did so in ways that were at various times touching, horrifying and unexpectedly moving. I like Red, but I have to say that without his scene chewing (and Lizzie's dead weight), this was probably the best episode of the series, IMO.

I did struggle with the female state trooper who backed off Mrs. Kaplan without any more questions, but I can let that one go.

• Love 1
On 4/23/2017 at 3:32 PM, iheartET said:

Hmm. How did Kaplan know that the body parts were in there, in the first place ?

She was in charge of Red's clean-up crew, so she would instruct where to put the evidence.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:12 PM, VinceW said:

The bounty hunter uncle willing to store all those bodies out of loyalty to Mr Kaplan because of her relationship with Annie as well as her ability to retrieve all those bodies on her own was a stretch.

It wasn't the uncle storing them. It was a young guy. The uncle is in his 60's by now.

So "Alexander" (Kirk, presumably) was living with Katrina and Masha in Russia and thought that he was Masha's father.

Red was having sex in cars with Katrina and thought he was the father, despite later telling Elizabeth repeatedly that he is not.

Katrina didn't want to know who the father was.

When the fire broke out in America, Elizabeth shot and killed a man who was having a fight with her mother-when Liz had her memories restored, didn't Red tell her that that was her father? Is he a third guy who was with Katrina 9 months before Masha was born, to whom Katrina went in the US when she followed Red and Masha?

On 4/22/2017 at 7:52 AM, fauxphysician said:

Small point/question-- I remember seeing  severe burn scars on Red's back many episodes/ recons ago. Do others???  So I've always assumed that it was he, in the house fire

I also thought that Red rescued Liz and her bunny from the fire and took her to Sam's, not that Katrina took her to Kate, and then instructed her to take Liz to Sam's.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She was in charge of Red's clean-up crew, so she would instruct where to put the evidence.

It wasn't the uncle storing them. It was a young guy. The uncle is in his 60's by now...............

I must have been watching a different episode. What young guy? The man in motel room #8 had nothing to do with getting the bodies. The man and woman were a hindrance to Kate getting access to the room. It is unclear what actually happened to him after Kate offered him some smokes in her camper. The uncle was keeping them on ice at the rink without any timeline explanation.  It is unclear how long it took to retrieve the bodies. It is unknown how much time had passed between her release from the hunter and her startup to retrieve the dead bodies.

Edited by VinceW
25 minutes ago, VinceW said:

The uncle was keeping them on ice at the rink without any timeline explanation.  It is unclear how long it took to retrieve the bodies. It is unknown how much time had passed from her release from the hunter and her startup to retrieve the dead bodies.

Now I understand her comment that she just had one more stop to make.

I doubt Samir would ever adore Aram. She might love him, or respect him. But adore him? Unlikely. Aram is better off finding someone who will look at him with sappy eyes.

On 4/26/2017 at 2:55 PM, Swim mom said:

I doubt Samar would ever adore Aram. She might love him, or respect him. But adore him? Unlikely. Aram is better off finding someone who will look at him with sappy eyes.

The writers have carried on the Samar/Aram pseudo relationship for so long that it presents more like a sister looking out for a younger foolish brother. IMO. Samar is emotionally a much stronger person. The Aram/Janet couple makes more sense because both are just lightweights. However, at some point, I am looking forward to watching Samar in the shower before the end of the season (fingers crossed).

Edited by VinceW
On 4/22/2017 at 10:53 AM, orza said:

Kate could make a deal with the U.S. attorney's office to tell them everything she knows in exchange for immunity from prosecution. Prosecutors make those kind of deals all the time. Being able to take down Reddington once and for all, close all those cold cases and have bodies for the families to bury would be very good reasons to make a deal with Kate. It doesn't matter that some of the victims were low-life criminals themselves. They are still murder victims who deserve justice.

My reaction to Kate's plan to take down Red was, "Oh please... the Feds are under no illusions about who Red is and what he's done. They'll decide he's too valuable an asset and give him immunity."

• Love 1

Okay, some quick thoughts... agreed with thinking they got a new writer for these episodes - we got an interesting story and it was actually fairly coherent (for the most part).  I liked the Mr. Kaplan origin story although I have some quibbles.  When Kate was Katarina's nanny, the clothing screamed 1970s, though if Lizzy is say, even early 30s, that should have placed things in the mid to late 80s.   Kate's relationship with Annie would then have been in the early to mid-90s.   Doesn't this show have anybody in costume design who has a clue to  what fashions people were wearing during this time?  Or do the writers not have a clue about what decade they are writing about?  

And Big Shock - Red thinks he is Masha/Lizzie's father.   So they've established that dear ol' Dad was NOT Katarina's husband.  Was it Red, or was Katarina sleeping around?  Hmmm.   I agree with the person above who feels that they're giving us back stories to tie up things at series end.  The whole "Is Red Lizzie's Father" has been so stupid from the get go as they've had paternity tests since when,  the 1960s?  If anybody in this alternate universe had REALLY wanted to know who Lizzie's sperm donor was, (including Lizzie), it would have been pretty easy to find out whether it was Red or not.   And I guess the foster father being a grifter was the explanation for Lizzie's card skills back in season 1.  They still haven't explained the weird scar on her hand that matched the symbol on Tom's Box O' Fun under the floor in season I.   Perhaps the writers have forgotten about his?  

And the Samar/Aram/Janet triangle .... really, is this Archie, Betty, and Veronica?  I had liked Samar as originally written; this high school (middle school?) crap they are feeding us insults our intelligence.  Samar could have gone off with her hunky ex-boyfriend but instead stayed  because she had a thing for Aram, and then, instead of telling him, walks around with a snitty attitude, pouts, and acts like a bitch on wheels.  Really, show?   And this brings me to end with, what is the deal with so many TV dramas where same sex relationships almost always end with somebody being murdered?  Major Crimes is a notable exception,  but it seems to be par for the course.