Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E02: It Girl, Interrupted

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

It's all opinion, of course, but to me, Carole comes off lazy.  Totally lazy.  She looks unmotivated to do much of anything.  The most passionate I've really seen her is running over people with her political opinions.

I get this vibe as well and it's not just the book/writing thing. There's just something about the way she hangs around her house that screams "lazy",to me. 

• Love 6

Is it even considered a gift anymore when Bethenny shows up someplace with a basket in tow of all of her SkinnyGirl products? I'll give it to her though, Bethenny knows how to work in product placement well...helps that she's in the alcohol beverage industry because they're such common courtesy gifts wherever you go. 

Didn't she make some kind of joke about it as well?  She knows what she's doing.  The latest apartment tour is Tinsley showing us all around her rooms at Sonja's home for wayward girls.  She takes the elevator.  She lists the rules.  She's not in the room at the top with the kitchenette that Luann stayed in though.  She also has a small bar in her stocked with all Skinny Girl.  So Bethenny is making her check for the brand.

• Love 2

Really? I can understand some who think it's ridiculous. But how is in insulting? She can't name her dogs after rappers she likes? 

I agree. I know many people who name their pets after famous people. I named my cat A. Purr after Aaron Burr (A. Burr is a song reference), because I am a Hamilton fangirl. My cousin named her dog Bark Ruffalo. 

I also do not see a big deal about the taking off shoes argument. Some people care if others take off their shoes in one's house and some people do not. I generally do unless someone says otherwise, but everyone is different about their house. I do think people left their shoes on at Sonja's because the party seemed to be more outdoors than inside.

• Love 6

We haven't seen Dorinda fail at the stuff she said she wanted to accomplish, or state any dreams or desires, so therefore she looks less lazy than someone who does have goals and doesn't achieve them?

Good point and to someone else upthread, yes, Dorinda has worked in the past. She worked for Liz Claiborne after college and had her own cashmere company in London, DCL Cashmere. She's also worked as a real estate agent. As for seeing dreamers fail, none has been so cringe-worthy as Sonja , with one failed or dropped enterprise after another. Sometimes it's better to just mention not aspirations on this show until *after* they come to fruition, like LuAnn's clothing line.

• Love 5
On 4/13/2017 at 0:51 PM, psychoticstate said:

Ramona may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but that doesn't mean she's ignorant of facts or too stupid to understand.  Like Bethenny said, Carole, you are getting your facts from the same place Ramona is.  And that "but I read the actual articles."  Really.  STFU.  (For the record, I cannot wait to see her meltdown when her candidate, guaranteed to win in a landslide, loses.) 

I wouldn't have said anything to someone like Ramona, but we all know there are way too many people who only read headlines and don't go beyond them to find out real stories.  Or they only watch or read biased news who leave out anything that goes against their views.  Or, worse this past election, was the fake news put out there by paid trolls.  So, I would't have called Ramona on it, I would have dropped the subject, but good for Carole for having the balls to do it.

• Love 8

Regarding Biggie and Smalls didn't B say it was *Brynn* who wanted a puppy? Surely Brynn would have named them after Frozen characters, my friends 4 year old has a cat named Olaf.

I like B and find her entertaining, warts and all. I just find the 90s gangster rap dog names for "Brynns puppies" a little too much of Bethenny trying to be hip/funny/clever.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Yes, but her daughter had been living with her up until recently. It seemed like she'd been close to her stepdad and wasn't doing well after he passed. Even though she's a legal adult, I'm sure Dorinda was spending time with her and offering support.

Having an adult child living with you is not time-consuming, unless the child has some sort of disability that requires constant care and maintenance. Dorinda's daughter doesn't need supervision. Offering support isn't exactly time consuming. The previous poster is right: Dorinda is judged differently than Carole just because she has a child though, essentially, their living situations are more or less the same.

• Love 8
59 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I get this vibe as well and it's not just the book/writing thing. There's just something about the way she hangs around her house that screams "lazy",to me. 

If she's lazy, it appears to be working for her.  She makes a good living; she has a great home; she has what appears to be a good relationship; she has close friendships.  We only see a few seconds of her life at a time.  We don't exactly see any of the women at hard labor.  Frankly, what I liked about the show in the beginning is that we did tend to see the working women -- at the time, Ramona, Bethenny, Jill, Alex -- working. To me, that's what really set this show apart from the other RH locations.  But now it's become far more like the other shows: women doing trivial things, often while fighting over trivial things.  I wouldn't peg any of these women (okay, other than Bethenny) as a hard worker based only on what we see on the show.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Wait. A woman can't even chill out in her own home? LOL!

I don't mean to laugh (not really anyway), but it's more that this comment reminded me of growing up when my mom would walk into the room on a Saturday morning talking about "alllll the cleaning" that needed to be done, knowing good and well that she kept a clean home Sunday to Sunday. I'm an adult living on my own and you better believe, once I've cleaned up and whatnot, I'm hanging around my home like I don't have a care in the world.

• Love 20

I don't think Carole, Dorinda or Ramona are at all lazy.  Each of them have had their big career successes (which had to take hard work).  But all of them are now in their 50's - and very comfortable financially.  Their families grown.  So the work grind is likely not as big a  priority.

Whereas with Bethnney, her career really didn't take off until she was in late 30's, and she still has a young child.  And with Sonja, she obviously needs the money.  So that's why we continue to see their hustle more.

• Love 10

Or they only watch or read biased news who leave out anything that goes against their views.

I get the feeling that's what Carole did.  She said she read different publications, but I don't see her reading much in-depth info about Trump.  Of course I wasn't with her 24/7, so I am just assuming this based on what she has said on the show.   She called him a buffoon right off the bat.   Her mind was made up. IMO, she hated him, and even if she did read something positive about him, she wouldn't have admitted it.  I can see that much just from what she's already said.  So she can stand there and preach to other people how well-informed she is, but a shit load of good that did because in the end, even the so-called experts/informed folks got it wrong. 

I wonder if Dorinda's boyfriend will be on much this season.  He caused a little too much drama.  I like it better with just Dorinda interacting with the ladies.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Legitimate question -- does Dorinda work?  Has she ever?  

She worked at Liz Claiborne and had a cashmere shop in London.

another question: what did Ramona mean when she called Bethenny a "B.I." in the preview for next week?

23 minutes ago, escape said:

I don't think Carole, Dorinda or Ramona are at all lazy.  Each of them have had their big career successes (which had to take hard work).  But all of them are now in their 50's - and very comfortable financially.  Their families grown.  So the work grind is likely not as big a  priority.

Whereas with Bethnney, her career really didn't take off until she was in late 30's, and she still has a young child.  And with Sonja, she obviously needs the money.  So that's why we continue to see their hustle more.

I know that in the Vulture piece, Carole talked about canvassing and working with Get Out the Vote. I don't know if that's going to be shown. And for whatever reason, the entire housewives franchise seems to be less willing to show charity work and events now. Heather had a ton of charity work that they filmed and scrapped during her final season. On Beverly Hills this season, we experienced the near miracle of having 2 charity storylines.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/04/carole-radziwill-on-being-rhonys-resident-politico.html

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I wouldn't have said anything to someone like Ramona, but we all know there are way too many people who only read headlines and don't go beyond them to find out real stories.  Or they only watch or read biased news who leave out anything that goes against their views.  Or, worse this past election, was the fake news put out there by paid trolls.  So, I would't have called Ramona on it, I would have dropped the subject, but good for Carole for having the balls to do it.

Right, most people would not say something like that regarding political talk...because they know better.  

Ramona says stupid things out loud, all the time, but again that doesn't mean she is victim to fake news.  It doesn't mean she doesn't check out multiple sources of news.  Stop assuming.  Carole is just like far too many trolls out there that make assumptions based on snippets of what someone says...is she psychic?   Do we know that Carole reads anything outside of ABC news and HuffPo anymore than the others?  Sh@t, what happened to housewives being an escape from reality?!!  Ugh. 

The issue with Carole, is she is assuming that's what Ramona has done.  How does Carole know what Ramona knows?  I bet Ramona is socially connected to people involved in politics in NYC, she's lived in the UES and the Hamptons for decades.  I've mentioned in another post, I'm in politics very deep...worked for a national committee, state committee, governors, with individual Senate & Congressional candidates and worked at the policy wonk level.  I've been invited and participated in several events at the White House.  I don't discuss this with anyone beyond my political peers, husband, family and BFF for years.  In mixed company?!  Hell no, No way!  I also have a background not involving politics so if someone asked me what I do, I mention my other career path.  I try to stay neutral but in a crowd.  When I'm at book club, a party, especially a daytime tea party, I'm not going there.  So, the people that don't know me as well may think I'm ignorant on the subject, but does that make it so?  If someone questions me and I don't want to argue, I change the subject just the way Ramona did at Sonja's.  

Carole didn't always get the right information either, because she was dead wrong regarding the ultimate outcome.   Another words, in my book that makes her no more savvy than the Ramonacoaster.  Her statements are now going to leave her with egg on her face.  There were lots of people misled, of all political stripes, in this last election.  You know, another poster mentioned tact, and learning how to read a room.  Carole is not any better at this skill than any of these ladies!  In fact, she's worse because she constantly points out their flaws and critiques the ladies for being ridiculous, yet she is one of the worst offenders on her social media accounts.  Yikes, I've checked her Twitter and Instagram on occasion and it's worse than the majority of ALL the housewives across the entire franchise.  

I used to think Carole was laid back and cool, therefore with more polish than Ramona and Sonja, but she overexposed her real self this last year.  Now I'm soured to her, wished I hadn't looked at her Twitter feed.  You will be far more successful in life if you learn to not attack people that don't think like you 24/7.  I like chocolate, you can prefer strawberry ice cream, I prefer the suburbs and you may prefer the city life, I like jazz and you love  hip hop, am I stupid or ignorant, in your opinion,  because we can't agree on our reasons for our different preferences?  Does it always have to be a fight of who is right/informed or wrong/ignorant?  Why do we always have to justify our opinions to the satisfaction of others?

As Tamrat of RHOC yelled out, "Because that's my opinion!"  F@@@ you if you don't like it.  "Be cool, don't be like, all uncool." The Countess. 

• Love 13
On 4/12/2017 at 10:18 PM, Otherkate said:

Sonja to Tinsley: "She had a rough upbringing. Physical abuse, the whole thing."

Butler (leaning in to their conversation as he passes by): "Get over it!"

Was she talking about why Bethenny was rude to Tinsley? tinsley looks to be a very interesting character who might be willing to take on Queen B.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:26 AM, breezy424 said:

Nope.  Jason has been totally silent.  He could have made some big bucks telling all about Beth.  She is going to learn from her little friends and the internet.

On another note, Beth felt she had to make a comment about the size of Lu's head.  Sorry Beth, no matter how anyone feels about Lu, IMO she's a lot more attractive than you.  Better face and body.  Hate her or not, Lu has got it going on in the looks and body department.

Luanne is more attractive than bethenny. Bethenny's behavior & attitude is the ugliest thing about her. you would think she would be happy with being a multi millionaire & having a new man in her life.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

I don't mean to laugh (not really anyway), but it's more that this comment reminded me of growing up when my mom would walk into the room on a Saturday morning talking about "alllll the cleaning" that needed to be done, knowing good and well that she kept a clean home Sunday to Sunday. I'm an adult living on my own and you better believe, once I've cleaned up and whatnot, I'm hanging around my home like I don't have a care in the world.

Sorry. I don't mean the fact that she IS laying around her own home, it's just the way she does it. She slouches, legs apart, etc. I don't know. I might be reading too much into it. But she seems to have taken on this kind of "slacker" vibe since dating Adam. It's just an impression I get, and I could be wrong. 

13 minutes ago, oakville said:

Was she talking about why Bethenny was rude to Tinsley? tinsley looks to be a very interesting character who might be willing to take on Queen B.

No, Sonja was explaining RAMONA'S behavior. 

Personally, I didn't find Bethenny to be rude to Tinsley. When she arrived, there were a lot of people there. So she was taking turns greeting them all. When Ramona came early, no one else was there and she still acted like she didn't have time to say more than a word to Tinsley. She was in her own little Ramona land. 

• Love 8

It struck me with all this conversation about whether or not Bethenny should have asked Ramona to remove her shoes or not, is it that unusual for some one to remove their shoes when entering another person's home? I always do, always have. The only exception would be if the person insisted I keep them on, and that generally only happens if we are going to be outside, or going back and forth between inside and outside. Is NYC really that clean that one would not track any dirt or dust into someone's home on their the bottom of their shoes, and therefore onto their floors if they left their shoes on? If I happen to be wearing say, sandals so would be in bare feet, I often bring a pair of travel slippers that fit easily into my purse. Other than that, I am pretty much always wearing socks anyway. I never wear high heels, and hate hose - I'd rather swallow pins than wear them. But at the time of year this was filmed (appeared to be mid October at least since Beth and dogs were in costumes) would Ramona not normally be wearing hose, and therefore not in her bare feet? In any case if it were my home I would expect someone to remove their shoes just out of courtesy. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 8
On 4/13/2017 at 11:02 AM, Trooper York said:

I have to reluctantly admit that Carole really impressed me in this episode. She proved to me that she is still a journalist.

She is arrogant, elitist and repeats the conventional wisdom like she discovered the Theory of Relativity. She has the clueless arrogance of the bi-coastal elite media that despises regular people and displays the condescending nastiness of her preferred candidate. She does not know what she does not know and does not have the intellectual  honesty or talent to search out opinions of anyone other than the person in line in front of them at Zabars. She doesn't have a clue.

She is a true journalist and a card carrying member of the mainstream media. Bravo cub reporter. Get that scoop!

Did Carole ask the producers for a story line of being a clueless journalist ? It's so cliched. Without that story line would she just be on the show to support Bethenny ?

• Love 4

Interesting comments about whether the NYC women are lazy or not, depending on what they do all day? It seems to me like they are all retired, save Bethenny. Carole, Dorinda, Ramona, and Luann as far as I can see are all retired. Sonja keeps talking about projects which never seem to go anywhere. Looks like Luann's singing hobby is on hold (I imagine for good) while she prepares to become Mrs. Tommy. We have seen Carole talking about a cook book last year but not much this year. Their "work" seems to consist with appearing on this show. Personally I don't see anything wrong with that, if they can afford it. I just looked up Carole's age and discovered that we have the same birthdate - Carole will turn 54 on the same day I turn 60. I have been retired for 5 years and would likely be considered by many to be lazy. I have a cleaning lady, I don't cook (my hubby does because he enjoys it) and I spend my time volunteering with animal charities, and doing exactly what I want. Best job I have ever had - lol. If someone wants to call me lazy, I will happily answer to it. 

• Love 10

Being a card carrying elitist of the fake news main stream media is her only claim to fame other than being a former appendage by marriage to a political death cult. She has nothing going for her. She has never said anything interesting or witty or enjoyable during her entire tenure. Her big moments?

Dressing up in a bear suit and trying to push a one legged woman down the stairs.

Other than that she's got nothing.

So claiming to be Jimmie Olsen is the best she can do.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, IKnowRight said:

Right, most people would not say something like that regarding political talk...because they know better.  

Ramona says stupid things out loud, all the time, but again that doesn't mean she is victim to fake news.  It doesn't mean she doesn't check out multiple sources of news.  Stop assuming.  Carole is just like far too many trolls out there that make assumptions based on snippets of what someone says...is she psychic?   Do we know that Carole reads anything outside of ABC news and HuffPo anymore than the others?  Sh@t, what happened to housewives being an escape from reality?!!  Ugh. 

Carole didn't always get the right information either, because she was dead wrong regarding the ultimate outcome.   

I would guess Carole has gotten to know Ramona and knows or assumes that Ramona is only informed on NYC social issues.  

To be fair to Carole, most people didn't think Trump could possibly get enough votes. Carole lives in Manhattan and Manhattan voted 90% for Hilary, so it's easy to be in a bubble.  The whole New England and New York is a big liberal bubble, as much as the mid-west is a red bubble.  And I doubt Carole gets her news from HuffPo.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

You hush, now. 

(Frankel*screeching) YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS TO SPEAK!

I mean, it's not like we saw Bethenny making racially charged remarks like "She needs a tuna roll" and "it's like she's ESL" to and about Jules last season. Or questioning her ethnic and religious legitimacy as a Jew. 

So, really, who are these people of color to question a wealthy white woman? 

Jules was ridiculous with the Asian and Jewish shit. Just sayin'. 

17 minutes ago, Trooper York said:

Being a card carrying elitist of the fake news main stream media is her only claim to fame other than being a former appendage by marriage to a political death cult. She has nothing going for her. She has never said anything interesting or witty or enjoyable during her entire tenure. Her big moments?

Dressing up in a bear suit and trying to push a one legged woman down the stairs.

She wasn't involved in "fake news".  And your characterization of the Kennedys as "a political death cult" is really offensive.  Carole hasn't claimed or pretended anything.  Her credentials are her credentials, and her family is her family. I find her both interesting and witty.  I wouldn't mind being a bit more like Carole Radziwill.  She's certainly accomplished more in her life so far than I have.  I admire her drive.

• Love 24
On 4/13/2017 at 1:53 PM, AndySmith said:

Can I join you? I'll even bring the Skinny Girl drinks ;)

I can't wait to go back to the USA at Xmas. I like the Skinny Girl wine. We don't have that in Canada.

• Love 3
On 4/13/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ki-in said:

So this oh so wise and experienced journalist couldn't churn out an op ed piece or any type of article during the election in which she was so heavily invested? If she did write any type of piece about the election were they rejected for sucking because she had no ghostwriter to help her out?

That's an excellent point. Why didn't Carole appear as a panelist on CNN to discuss the election. They had room for several panelists on all their shows.

• Love 3
On 4/13/2017 at 5:33 PM, Lady of nod said:

I know this and it's a credit to her that she accomplished that. Maybe she wasn't quite so crazy before the show. I'd have to go back and watch some of season 1, as my memory's not all that lol. She does have her moments of lucidity but seems to get more and more unraveled with each season. I'm thinking Kristen (who I actually miss - great clothes and she was funny) with the wine glass may have been the first red flag. Wasn't that when she first found out about Mario's side piece?

Didn't Ramona find out about Mario's affair from the fortune teller in Morocco who spoke french? Luanne translated the fortune teller who read Ramona's palms?. She said that there was another woman in Ramona's life 7 ramona thought it was Avery.

• Love 3
On 4/12/2017 at 10:05 PM, WireWrap said:

Almost all of the BH HWs have pets as well. I think Tinsley is the only one on NY and Dorit on BH that don't have any.

When they were at the tea party and Tinsley was talking to Ramona about her marriage. Ramona asked if they had any kids...didn't say they had chihuahuas?

When Tinsley first showed up at Sonjas. Sonja laughed that Tinsley brought her own pillows - due to allergies. Cut to a shot of her pillows on Sonjas townhouse floor - ewwwwww.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Jules was ridiculous with the Asian and Jewish shit. Just sayin'. 

She wasn't involved in "fake news".  And your characterization of the Kennedys as "a political death cult" is really offensive.  Carole hasn't claimed or pretended anything.  Her credentials are her credentials, and her family is her family. I find her both interesting and witty.  I wouldn't mind being a bit more like Carole Radziwill.  She's certainly accomplished more in her life so far than I have.  I admire her drive.

As long as we're talking about what's really offensive, I'd say the implication that a woman of color's choices regarding self-identification somehow legitimize racism dressed up as humor would be at the top of that list ... 

50 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I would guess Carole has gotten to know Ramona and knows or assumes that Ramona is only informed on NYC social issues.  

To be fair to Carole, most people didn't think Trump could possibly get enough votes. Carole lives in Manhattan and Manhattan voted 90% for Hilary, so it's easy to be in a bubble.  The whole New England and New York is a big liberal bubble, as much as the mid-west is a red bubble.  And I doubt Carole gets her news from HuffPo.

But Carole explicitly stated that the political expertise she gleaned from a news career that ended over a decade ago (when the electoral landscape was vastly different) and her ability to "read between the lines" meant her perspective was more informed - and thus more valuable/worthy of an audience - than that of others. 

Either she was indeed myopic and poorly sourced because of her NY cultural insularity or she had clarity and astuteness regarding what was actually happening across the country with respect to the election. Those premises are mutually exclusive. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

Thanks for the kind words regarding my commentary upthread.

I never tire of your sardonic takedowns as far as they relate to our resident quinquagenarian "girl." 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trooper York said:

I have to say, this term--"mainstream media"--has fascinated me for some time largely because I'm not sure to what it refers. Ostensibly, it's a shot at the CNNs and MSNBCs and ABCs (that's my guess anyway), but it seems that a synonym for "mainstream media" would be "corporate media"...in which case, it's not as though Fox News is any less mainstream than the previously named organizations. Because there's no way in hell that Rupert Murdoch would be considered opposite of mainstream (i.e., subversive). 

Additionally, the Washington Times and Breitbart are just as corporate as The New York Times or The Washington Post; the Drudge Report is just as corporate as BuzzFeed. At the end of the day, it seems to me to be a case of six of one, half a dozen of the other. 

In any case, I've found Carole to be quite witty across the seasons, even though I don't always agree with her. She seems to be having fun in her life, and she seems to have interests in things that bring her joy and fun and relaxation in addition to things that are serious in the world. She snagged herself a good-looking dude (he's not my type, exactly (give me an Aldis Hodge or Dondre T. Whitfield, please!), but he's a hot one to very many folks, I presume); is likely having some great sex; and is making some coins allowing cameras to follow her. 

I think that Carole is all right and will be all right. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

My cousin named her dog Bark Ruffalo. 

This is genius!

4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I get the feeling that's what Carole did.  She said she read different publications, but I don't see her reading much in-depth info about Trump.  Of course I wasn't with her 24/7, so I am just assuming this based on what she has said on the show.   She called him a buffoon right off the bat.   Her mind was made up. 

There was definitely this general feeling in NYC during the election, she was not alone in that. Part of it is certainly the political and cultural bubble of NYC, but part of it is also that Trump is a fellow New Yorker and many have opinions formed of him because of that. Many New Yorkers are familiar with both the man and the businessman and I can tell you people here were just convinced there was no way in hell anyone would vote for him because of that. Like genuine, unshakeable disbelief. Carol was one of many, many New Yorkers who felt this way, so I guess I don't have a problem with seeing it play out. 

I almost forgot about the bit with Dorinda and her daughter. I would never comment on Hannah's physical appearance, but her personality needs a lot of work. What happened there, Dorinda?

Edited by Otherkate
  • Love 9

is it that unusual for some one to remove their shoes when entering another person's home?

It's not  a custom I was brought up with.  The only time I offer to take my shoes off is if I've walked over to my neighbor's house with muddy/dirty shoes on (from working in the yard), and she invites me in, so of course I remove my shoes, to which she replies "there's no need to do that."   But I take them off anyway, and vice versa.  In normal situations though, it's not something people do around my neck of the woods, but I can understand it if someone is highly allergic to certain things and needs the shoes to stay by the door. 

Many New Yorkers are familiar with both the man and the businessman and I can tell you people here were just convinced there was no way in hell anyone would vote for him because of that. Like genuine, unshakeable disbelief. Carol was one of many, many New Yorkers who felt this way, so I guess I don't have a problem with seeing it play out.

Since she has the keen investigative skills, she should've checked out some of his rallies, then she would've had a sense of just how pissed off a lot of Americans were with the system.  There were at least 2 rallies in my state, and people went in droves to hear the man speak. She should've found one to attend and then maybe she could've had a better sense of the political climate.   I'm sure she was just as dismissive (in her thoughts)  of those folks who attended the rallies as she has been with the other housewives.  It's just plain rude.  Again, tact.  Learn it, live it! 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Since she has the keen investigative skills, she should've checked out some of his rallies, then she would've had a sense of just how pissed off a lot of Americans were with the system.  There were at least 2 rallies in my state, and people went in droves to hear the man speak. She should've found one to attend and then maybe she could've had a better sense of the political climate.  

I agree with you. And there were many of us who did do that (even those of us in the awful mainstream media) and reported on it. That's part of my confusion with her -- how could any journalist not be interested in talking to the people filling those rooms and hearing what it was that was moving them? It is just incongruous with the innate curiosity that usually drives a serious journalist. I can tell you that there were a lot of people who dismissed those reports and the people in them, but the journalists who did so made my head spin. Many times those of us who did report on those things and spoke to the people there were derided for it by fellow media people, mercilessly. Most of them have realized what a mistake that was, but from the looks of Carole's Twitter, I guess she isn't one of them.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, oakville said:

Didn't Ramona find out about Mario's affair from the fortune teller in Morocco who spoke french? Luanne translated the fortune teller who read Ramona's palms?. She said that there was another woman in Ramona's life 7 ramona thought it was Avery.

Ohhh yes... that's right!  Forgot about that.  I recall Lu having a hard time masking a bit of delight.  I'm sure it sounded better in french, but thankfully LuAnn could translate thoroughly so that there would be no confusion that the 'other woman' in the picture was not Avery.  

• Love 3

The mainstream media is indeed corporate. A good definition is the purveyors of the conventional wisdom. Those that are part of the herd and only talk to each other and not the American people.  

Carole is the epitome of this idiocy. Just as stupid and elitist and out of touch as Pauline Kael who is so often quouted as saying she didn't know anyone that voted for Nixon. Or more correctly her actual quote:  ‘I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them.'”

That was boiled down to saying that she didn't know anyone. Carole didn't know anyone. Or more properly couldn't conceive of anyone who would not bow down to the conventional wisdom of the mainstream media.

She is just a particularly unattractive member of the herd mooing at us in every episode.

• Love 3

Carole citing her decades old experiences of being a cub reporter on a news show is just as riveting and important as Sonja reminiscing about giving Prince Albert a rusty trombone on a yacht in Monaco. Can't they get it out of their system by singing a rousing chorus of "Glory Days" and talk about something that happened this century?

Carole and Sonja are much more alike than they are different. Delusional. Obsessed. Living in the past. Boring. We have seen all this crap before. Get a new act or make room for some new people.

Maybe Tinsley can stalk somebody in the Hamptons or something?

• Love 7
3 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

When they were at the tea party and Tinsley was talking to Ramona about her marriage. Ramona asked if they had any kids...didn't say they had chihuahuas?

When Tinsley first showed up at Sonjas. Sonja laughed that Tinsley brought her own pillows - due to allergies. Cut to a shot of her pillows on Sonjas townhouse floor - ewwwwww.

Yes, she and her ex did have 2 Chihuahuas when they were married and he has custody of both of them. I do believe she gets another 1 after she gets her own apartment but until then, she doesn't have any pets living with her.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, beaker73 said:

Beth continues to be a rude asshole. I mean enough with the Lu has a big head thing already. She's been using that joke for years.  Get some new material. 

I thought the same thing: lame, Bethenny. Lu has referred to herself as a pumpkin head more than once over the years. At least Lu's head is in proportion to her 'whole lotta woman' body. Beth looks like early stage osteoporosis bobble head. And that big ugly mouth (nothing wrong with it physically, it's just what she does with it).

• Love 8
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

flippancy aside, Carole has overtly stated in seasons past that she really doesn't like working, deadlines are a drag etc. And at the same time she screamed like a scalded cat when Aviva accused her of ghostwriting (more or less, eventually more). So what we are picking up, is Carole creating a narrative of herself as a serious writer, with much advice to offer etc and a season or 2 later she's all about being Holly Golightly, the cool hybrid of slacker/hipster. That's irritating. It makes us ask 'what's the point of a Carole?'

• Love 10
3 hours ago, lunastartron said:

As long as we're talking about what's really offensive, I'd say the implication that a woman of color's choices regarding self-identification somehow legitimize racism dressed up as humor would be at the top of that list ... 

I don't know what this has to do with Carole.

• Love 5

Here in Minnesota, it is common to take off our shoes as we enter, probably because winter is so long here.  But I would never ask a guest or a friend to do so.  And in winter, we are wearing socks.  In summer, I am in sandals and I will ask a host if they would prefer I keep my sandals on or go barefoot on their floors.   At home, we take off our shoes because there are so many toxic substances on the grass or garage, I prefer not to bring them in.  Again, I would not ask a guest to do so.

I thought it was a regional thing, because I once asked our realtor in Indiana about asking potential buyers to remove shoes and she was appalled!  

Now, dogs.  I would prefer to keep my shoes ON with fresh, possibly untrained puppies in the house!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, queenjen said:

flippancy aside, Carole has overtly stated in seasons past that she really doesn't like working, deadlines are a drag etc. And at the same time she screamed like a scalded cat when Aviva accused her of ghostwriting (more or less, eventually more). So what we are picking up, is Carole creating a narrative of herself as a serious writer, with much advice to offer etc and a season or 2 later she's all about being Holly Golightly, the cool hybrid of slacker/hipster. That's irritating. It makes us ask 'what's the point of a Carole?'

Thinking deadlines are drags (they are) and being pissed off when someone falsely accuses her of having her books ghost written are two very different things.  Lots of serious writers don't particularly like working, and even more think that deadlines are a drag (myself included).  That doesn't make her lazy, or a bad writer.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Trooper York said:

The only person who made more money off of Dead Kennedys was Jello  Biafra. Just sayn'

Not even him. I believe there is intense acrimony ongoing over the Alternative Tentacles label with bandmates suing one another for a while. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Mojoker said:

Thinking deadlines are drags (they are) and being pissed off when someone falsely accuses her of having her books ghost written are two very different things.  Lots of serious writers don't particularly like working, and even more think that deadlines are a drag (myself included).  That doesn't make her lazy, or a bad writer.

Carole herself has copped to being lazy regarding her work. I really noticed it after buying her 'serious writer' season. And I don't believe her books were particularly well received after the first one. 'The Widows Guide' pretty much tanked. I don't think she is a particularly good writer, but writing is about discipline. Carole isn't disciplined. Every 'good' writer will say it's 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration. I think Carole's priorities have changed too. She's made comments like 'I've got 6 good summers left', which goes to some pretty dark 3am type self assessment ( I relate to this too), so I think she's enjoying her life with Adam while it lasts. She can go back to writing books when there's no one around to peddle while she sits on the handlebars. 

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Here in Minnesota, it is common to take off our shoes as we enter, probably because winter is so long here.  But I would never ask a guest or a friend to do so.  And in winter, we are wearing socks.  In summer, I am in sandals and I will ask a host if they would prefer I keep my sandals on or go barefoot on their floors.   At home, we take off our shoes because there are so many toxic substances on the grass or garage, I prefer not to bring them in.  Again, I would not ask a guest to do so.

I thought it was a regional thing, because I once asked our realtor in Indiana about asking potential buyers to remove shoes and she was appalled!  

Now, dogs.  I would prefer to keep my shoes ON with fresh, possibly untrained puppies in the house!

Now I am going to be paying attention to the three franchises I watch (NY, BH and OC) to see if the women take off their shoes when they enter someone else's house. Mind you I do think they most likely do not, if only because they are often wearing ridiculously high heels because they think it makes them look sexy, not to mention taller. Like in most TV shows where people walk around their homes wearing shoes, including women wearing high heels at home. Yuck. 

I am Canadian, have lived in three provinces and visited friends/relatives in others, and have never not removed my shoes. No one has ever asked me to, and I have never had to ask someone in my home to remove their shoes. They just do. I have also bought properties over the years and have never gone into a home for sale and not removed my shoes. I can't think of one real estate agent I have had who would not have insisted on it, had I wanted to leave my shoes on. Reminds me of Fredrick of MDLNY who often has the little blue booties for people to wear over their shoes if they don't take them off. 

As far as puppies goes, if someone like Ramona showed up wearing stilettos and wanted to wear them around my puppies I would have said no, too. Mind you I also have a sign in my living room that says "If you don't like cat hair, stay off the couch". My pets come first. 

• Love 3

I'm not sure I'll be able to hang in this year with the New York crowd. Bethenny has only gotten worse over the years and you'd think Jason was a Freddy Kruger she just happened to have a child with.  Sonja is still so clueless, it's scary. Carole can have many seats with her 'I'm Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer's sister in journalism'.  She has cultivated the image that she's a laid back carefree individual who's not at all to be taken seriously. NOW she wants everyone to do a reversal?

I might show up for the election episode just to experience the schadenfreude (is that a noun or verb?) as these people cry buckets of crocodile tears.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I agree. I know many people who name their pets after famous people. I named my cat A. Purr after Aaron Burr (A. Burr is a song reference), because I am a Hamilton fangirl. My cousin named her dog Bark Ruffalo. 

I also do not see a big deal about the taking off shoes argument. Some people care if others take off their shoes in one's house and some people do not. I generally do unless someone says otherwise, but everyone is different about their house. I do think people left their shoes on at Sonja's because the party seemed to be more outdoors than inside.

I did it too.  Although mine are fictional characters.  Pippi (Longstocking), Gidget (she has since passed), Napolean (Dynamite), (Martin) Riggs but Martin is silent.  Yes we are weird.  OH and I had a chinchilla named Flip Wilson who has since passed.  I thought Biggie and Smalls was cute.  B has said she is a huge fan of rap.

8 hours ago, Mozelle said:

I work a ton of hours during the week but come the weekends I am barely out of my jammies.  If anyone looked into my home when I am off they would think I were lazy.  

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Now I am going to be paying attention to the three franchises I watch (NY, BH and OC) to see if the women take off their shoes when they enter someone else's house. Mind you I do think they most likely do not, if only because they are often wearing ridiculously high heels because they think it makes them look sexy, not to mention taller. Like in most TV shows where people walk around their homes wearing shoes, including women wearing high heels at home. Yuck. 

I am Canadian, have lived in three provinces and visited friends/relatives in others, and have never not removed my shoes. No one has ever asked me to, and I have never had to ask someone in my home to remove their shoes. They just do. I have also bought properties over the years and have never gone into a home for sale and not removed my shoes. I can't think of one real estate agent I have had who would not have insisted on it, had I wanted to leave my shoes on. Reminds me of Fredrick of MDLNY who often has the little blue booties for people to wear over their shoes if they don't take them off. 

As far as puppies goes, if someone like Ramona showed up wearing stilettos and wanted to wear them around my puppies I would have said no, too. Mind you I also have a sign in my living room that says "If you don't like cat hair, stay off the couch". My pets come first. 

Bethenny said something last year when Ramona arrived late to a meal that Ramona likes to have people fawn over her appearance.  My guess is removing her shoes probably takes some of the wind out of Ramona's look.  I also remember Ramona stealing borrowing Carole's Lucite mules and strutting around in them poolside in T&C.  I am a fan of the shoe covers over having people go barefoot on my floors.  I would think by now it would be pretty commonplace having people wear shoe covers when touring for sale properties.

What I don't understand is why Bethenny has the puppies blocking the entrance or in the hallway?  Why not make a nice little puppy playpen in a corner so people don't have to walk through their little play area?  We just see the RH but there are a couple other people involved in each shoot.

• Love 1