Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: Steven and Justin's Story Part 2

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Anchorabu said:

Rewatching Steven part 2 with mom. Just saw the golf cart tumble again. 

Mom, while Steven is wailing on the ground:  "He sounds like a woman! Why is he so mean to his dad?!"

Shout out to both you and your mom, this Forum's official 600 Pound Life "Foreign" Correspondent! Foreign because the way a lot of these people and their family members live their lives sure as Hell is foreign to me.

BTW, will you two be joining us on the Live Chat tonight?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, DC Gal in VA said:

Shout out to both you and your mom, this Forum's official 600 Pound Life "Foreign" Correspondent! Foreign because the way a lot of these people and their family members live their lives sure as Hell is foreign to me.

BTW, will you two be joining us on the Live Chat tonight?

Awww thx hon! Lol and I know what you mean!

Yep will be there!! 

Mom says hi! 

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, MillieSparklepants said:

is there any proof the guy who created the campaign really knows Steven? It's written totally ambiguously and with no personal information. My scammer bells went off big time.

Not that I know of. I wouldn't donate to anything that I could not personally verify as legit. And in this case, I wouldn't donate even if I could verify it was legit. Steven already has taken far more than his share (see his taxpayer video if there are any doubts). The last thing he deserves is another handout.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MillieSparklepants said:

is there any proof the guy who created the campaign really knows Steven? It's written totally ambiguously and with no personal information. My scammer bells went off big time.

I don't donate to gofundme campaigns anymore.  It's not tax deductible for the donor and can cause tax problems for the recipient or the person who sets up the page if they receive more than $20,000 or 200 donations. I give directly to the person if I can.

14 hours ago, Complexity said:

That's pretty old. It was mentioned in Part 1. It was highly unsuccessful then and it appears to continue to be highly unsuccessful. He's already receiving all the free money he deserves. If he wants more, he needs to get a job.

No, it's a new one.  Created 2 days ago. It references that he's in Houston and wants to go back North.

Agree on the scammer bells.  I'm thinking somebody just downloaded his picture and faked the story.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Trees said:

No, it's a new one.  Created 2 days ago. It references that he's in Houston and wants to go back North.

Agree on the scammer bells.  I'm thinking somebody just downloaded his picture and faked the story.

You're right. I didn't pay close attention when I looked at it. I basically saw Steven's name connected to begging for money and closed the window. Thanks for clarifying.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:05 PM, FGD-135 said:

Hello all, finally delurking. I have enjoyed following everyone's posts. 

Regarding the golf cart at the apartment, for whatever reason the show did not blur out the apartment name. They were looking at the La Casita apartments. I'm not sure if I am allowed to link it but you can Google it and they seem like a pretty large complex (at least a dozen buildings.) Google street view from both Sunnyside St and Werner St show the golf cart parked outside the leasing office.

I watched the golf cart scene several times. I happened to notice when they switched angles there was an ambulance sitting right across the street. I have (hopefully) attached the best screenshot I could get. Is it coincidence or does it defy credulity? You be the judge.

58ead7ed00b32_GolfCart(800x600).thumb.jpg.bee83662576e6274b848461b7e22f3de.jpg

I went back and rewatched this segment of the episode.  The ambulance that pulls up after he spills off the back of the golf cart looks exactly like this one.

• Love 1
On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:29 PM, notyrmomma said:

I am shocked this GFM is still up! (it's 2:30pm EST on 4/13)

It's gone now, 11:25 PM on 4/14.  I tried searching with assanti, but it found lots of similar spellings.
ETA:  If I put term in quotes, it only looks for "assanti."  Only one found, a Sammy Assanti looking to pay for a funeral.  Also in RI.

Edited by auntjess
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

It's gone now, 11:25 PM on 4/14.  I tried searching with assanti, but it found lots of similar spellings.
ETA:  If I put term in quotes, it only looks for "assanti."  Only one found, a Sammy Assanti looking to pay for a funeral.  Also in RI.

Whew.  I hope they put internal red flag warnings for the company when people list more GFM's for 600-pound life people.  Geez, you'd think they'd require some form of identify verification first before one goes live.

• Love 1
On 4/13/2017 at 0:05 AM, Morgalisa said:

I don't donate to gofundme campaigns anymore.  It's not tax deductible for the donor and can cause tax problems for the recipient or the person who sets up the page if they receive more than $20,000 or 200 donations. I give directly to the person if I can.

Gofundme has to report it to the government when the campaign  reaches the $20k/200 donation mark, but that doesn't make it taxable if its a gift.  It's only taxable if it could be considered income so the key is to keep documents that prove it was a gift, like proof of doctor bill payments, things the gofundme campaign was for, etc.  There are also complications if the giver gives more than $14k as gifting rules could apply (but only the giver would pay the tax).

• Love 1

The father is dumber than dirt. He is responsible for these two huge babies who deserve no pity. Users and abusers.

And would someone please rescue that poor cat before he starves it or eats it.

• Love 2
On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 10:06 PM, WrongReasons said:

Watching Steven fall off that golf cart might be the greatest moment in My 600 lb life. 

Then he became dramatic. Omg. I need to go to the hospital. Lol

When Dr. NOW said he had elephant legs. I cried. That man doesn't give a fuck. 

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 11:09 AM, LunaMia said:

It does look like a scam from some random. Not sure if a spoiler but reading the comments, some say:

Reveal hidden contents

Steven had a gastric sleeve done by Dr.Now, and there will be an update on him. Blergh.

It's probably his way of trying to stay on T.V longer. 

He has some damn nerve

• Love 1

I missed seeing the second episode and my life feels unfulfilled without the closure that snarking on the second episode will give me.  It's not on demand, it's not available on TLCs website (It's season5, yes?).  I can buy it off Amazon but I don't want to spend 5+ bucks on a horrible person that I will never want to see again.  Wherever I get it, I need to have it captioned because I'm deaf.  I don't see it showing as playing any time soon on TLC either.  Does anyone have any ideas?

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:56 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

I missed seeing the second episode and my life feels unfulfilled without the closure that snarking on the second episode will give me.

The episode  (season 5, ep 14) is slated to be shown on TLC on Thur, Aug 10th at 9pm Eastern. It is also on the TLC website but can only be viewed if you sign in through your service provider.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, Schnickelfritz said:

The episode  (season 5, ep 14) is slated to be shown on TLC on Thur, Aug 10th at 9pm Eastern. It is also on the TLC website but can only be viewed if you sign in through your service provider.

Thank you so much.  My service "provider" won't pay Discovery for access to their shows so I can't actually sign in.  It's not like I have a big provider who can afford it or anything like that, it's only Verizon.  I'm so excited to watch the second episode of the Steven Fiasco, you cannot believe it.  That probably says a lot about me, but trash TV can be so satisfying.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I'm so excited to watch the second episode of the Steven Fiasco, you cannot believe it.  That probably says a lot about me, but trash TV can be so satisfying.

Get your Dr. Now approved snacks ready and sit back and enjoy! It is a train wreck of epic proportions. The 1st episode is being rerun just before the 2nd so you can make a night of it.

• Love 3
On 8/1/2017 at 4:00 PM, Schnickelfritz said:

Get your Dr. Now approved snacks ready and sit back and enjoy! It is a train wreck of epic proportions. The 1st episode is being rerun just before the 2nd so you can make a night of it.

I'm so sad, because that wasn't the episode shown.  Some woman who whines a lot and has a severe addiction to food, more so than usual.  Then I realized I was a dumbass and the 10th is next week.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 1

I always forget how horrible Steven is until I hear him screaming at everyone when he gets pissed off. He is truly disturbed and I hope his brother never sees him in person again. That poor home care nurse definitely wasn't being paid enough to deal with him.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, missnoa said:

I always forget how horrible Steven is until I hear him screaming at everyone when he gets pissed off. He is truly disturbed and I hope his brother never sees him in person again. That poor home care nurse definitely wasn't being paid enough to deal with him.

Steven is an awful human being. I agree that his extreme obesity is probably saving society from his criminal behavior. Justin is damaged but not a broken person. With Steven gone it seemed Justin flourished a bit. 

• Love 2

Depressed as I am heading back to work soon. As I am channel flipping last night, happened upon both episodes of Steven and Justin. I feel like I've been a lazy bum most of the summer although I did read a whole bunch of books, went to the gym a lot, went to lunch with friends, deep cleaned house, cooked daily, etc. I cannot imagine Steven's level of boredom. My goodness I can only watch TV read and play on a computer a few hours a day and then I go stir-crazy. It is his entire life. I'm really hoping for an update on Steven and Justin plus the twins and a few others oh, and of course James "awww, my legs." I love this show.

• Love 1

I want to see James as I missed his, I need to see if they are replaying his anytime soon.  I missed the very end of the second part, what did it say after he lost the 70 odd pounds and he was told to lose 40 in the next month?  For as much as people don't think Dr. Now has a lot of empathy, you could tell he was really wanting Steven to succeed, he would never have given him so many chances.  I hope that bit I missed didn't involve Steven throwing his success away.

9 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

I want to see James as I missed his, I need to see if they are replaying his anytime soon.  I missed the very end of the second part, what did it say after he lost the 70 odd pounds and he was told to lose 40 in the next month?  For as much as people don't think Dr. Now has a lot of empathy, you could tell he was really wanting Steven to succeed, he would never have given him so many chances.  I hope that bit I missed didn't involve Steven throwing his success away.

It was mostly Steven talking about how bad his relationship with Justin was and calling Justin to talk about getting surgery and apologizing for how badly he treated Justin. But Justin did an Ask Me Anything on reddit where he said he hasn't spoken to Steven in forever and he doesn't ever want to speak to him again and he has no interest in a relationship with Steven or forgiving him.

I read somewhere else that Steven did a facebook live thing where he confirmed he had the surgery but it got taken down (presumably because he wasn't supposed to say anything). That being said, I hope he was still seeing a therapist because I legitimately believe he is emotionally disturbed. He is unrelentingly cruel to everyone and loses it over the smallest things. He doesn't need to be around people until he's emotionally less horrible.

• Love 1

Eater of Worlds, Steven's epi ended with Dr.Now telling him to lose the 40. Wish there was a black screen of justice on this show. Spent a few minutes researching and Steven claims to have lost more weight on social media. He has severe mental health issues, so hopefully he is continuing therapy.

I'm such a glutton for punishment but I look at Steven's fb page occasionally.  He never had that "fat face" and he only posts selfies of his head.  His face looks "normal" and I wouldn't know what he looked like in reality.  My reality and Steven's reality are two different things.  He never mentions his dad or Justin on the page.  It's all about Steven, the "star".  He is featuring Cupcake though.  She looks well.

On 8/12/2017 at 11:10 AM, Eater of Worlds said:

He's still acting a jerk, and blaming TLC for exploitation and fraud.  http://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz-tv/2017/08/steven-assanti-claims-shocking-my-600-lb-life-return-weight-loss-drug-rehab-001920439.html  Never change, Steven, never change.

"The patient we love to hate" is not accurate.  We don't hate, we don't like, we are just really wanting you to shut the hell up and kill yourself with food.  That is clearly your goal, so just get on with it.

As a recovering drug addict (Ambien was my thing) let me tell you Steven:  Trusting you again would be a loooong time coming for your family; they don't believe you because you are a horrid and unpleasant person who has a clear and persistent problem with lying.  When Dr Now was telling about how many scripts he had going, I was, frankly, shocked he was alive.  

• Love 1

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to Steven's fb but a head's up -- there's a new video posted a few hours ago.  Full of profanity.  He blames TLC for making him look like such a monster -- no Steven you did it yourself.  He says Justin has gotten one of the sleeves and he (Steven) could get one too anytime.  He also says he was paid only $1,500 by TLC.  An earlier video (not sure if it's still there) Steven announced that there will be a follow up.  Maybe for Justin, but maybe not anymore.  I believe there's a non-disclosure clause.  It's disgusting.  He's such a victim.

And Steven, put a darn shirt on!  

• Love 3
On 8/20/2017 at 3:36 PM, Otter said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to link to Steven's fb but a head's up -- there's a new video posted a few hours ago.  Full of profanity.  He blames TLC for making him look like such a monster -- no Steven you did it yourself.  He says Justin has gotten one of the sleeves and he (Steven) could get one too anytime.  He also says he was paid only $1,500 by TLC.  An earlier video (not sure if it's still there) Steven announced that there will be a follow up.  Maybe for Justin, but maybe not anymore.  I believe there's a non-disclosure clause.  It's disgusting.  He's such a victim.

And Steven, put a darn shirt on!  

I don't think Steven is capable of coming full circle and fully realizing his part in creating his situation. He continues to blame everyone else, and is a complete prick about it. 

I wish he'd just nut up or shut up. Same old crap from this guy--everyone's done with you Steven. 

Best wishes for his brother. 

• Love 1

Recent update on Steven: https://www.inquisitr.com/4615029/my-600-lb-life-steven-update-reality-tv-star-gets-hospitalized/

All I see with this guy is him faking stuff so he can get drugs because he's pulled that stunt so often. A part of me hopes he's working on becoming a better human being and that he went in for legitimate reasons. He does appear thinner so it looks like he's been working on losing weight. I'm admittedly surprised. 

• Love 1

Hey everyone.  The first episode of the new season deals with these two.  The premiere date is January 1 but, the app has the first hour of the first episode If you can and want to watch it.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kid said:

Hey everyone.  The first episode of the new season deals with these two.  The premiere date is January 1 but, the app has the first hour of the first episode If you can and want to watch it.

Well shit.  I was looking forward to the new season, but not to seeing him again. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, auntjess said:

Well shit.  I was looking forward to the new season, but not to seeing him again. 

Well, I watched it and Steven is as obnoxious as ever.  In the dictionary, by the definition of dysfunctional, they have this family’s picture.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 1

Steven is a loathsome, repulsive creature.  And his misshapen body is the least of it; 

This show made me mourn the world I grew up in, where loathsome, repulsive creatures were kept from sight and not paraded on television or given a chance to pollute the minds of the public.   Now all they need is a cream pie, a camera, and voyeurs like me who should know better. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Tuned into TLC this afternoon and re-watched the episode featuring Tanisha. Surprisingly, I actually started to like her, especially after being reminded of her hellish history of sexual abuse, and I wish her well.

Anyway, the next M600PL episode was the Assanti brothers again except the title shown said Part 3. I thought that they only had two two-part episodes. I appreciate any clarifications from my fellow pounders.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Dr. Now said that he and his team performed Steven's weight loss surgery pro bono. I didn't remember that. Makes me sad that there are probably a lot of desperate super morbidly obese people out there who's surgery may not be covered by their insurance and are far more deserving than that waste of space.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • Love 2

This is the episode with Steven's dramatic faked flop off of the golf cart, and his trip to rehab (he lasted six days), and Dr. Now showing Steven his list of drugs for the past month, and telling him that he's now on the Texas restricted drug list.     It's probably the best of the 4 episodes the family is on.    Actually to me the third episode (the S & J WATN) was fairly useless, and skipping right to part 4 is better.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2