Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 4/03/2017

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday: Day of Hot Topics; "View Your Deal" with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday: David Schwimmer

Wednesday: Helen Hunt ("Shots Fired")

Thursday:  Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine & Alan Arkin ("Going in Style"); T.I. ("T.I. And Tiny: The Family Hustle")

Friday: Kurt Russell ("The Fate Of The Furious")

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
(edited)

Are Sarah Haines and Jedidiah Bila drunk most days when they're on the View? Or maybe they're high? Well I'd say drunk...Jedidiah is creepy with her boisterous cackling guffaws and habit of crossing her legs at weird angles or wrapping them around the furniture so that sometimes we can see up her skirt. Sarah is appalling too with her hand and arm machinations like a demented bird and her dark deep analyses delivered in a baby-talk voice. Sometimes those two are so bonded in mutual cackling and table pounding that even Whoopi is speechless. 

Joy and Whoopi were dead serious, on the other hand, compared to the cacklers at the other end of the table. Whoopi was literally spitting mad at the prospect of war brought on by a careless Trump. Envisioning a new national draft, she delivered as a coup de grace a stern vision of  the politicians "running for their bunkers" while the rest of us stare up hopelessly at the sky, waiting for the arriving missiles. C'mon Whoopi, with your 45-million-dollar net worth, you know you've already built your bomb shelter against any North Korean attack.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 2

Uhhh ... Whoopi ... the North Korean's leader's name is Kim Jong-un, not ching-chong-ching (® Rosie O'Donnell).  The Secretary of Education's name is Betsy DeVos.  And last time I checked there was no military draft in America any more.

Just FYI.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Jedidiah is creepy with her boysterish cackling guffaws and habit of crossing her legs at weird angles or wrapping them around the furniture so that sometimes we can see up her skirt.

Can ya see me now?  Can ya see me now?  How 'bout now?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

And last time I checked there was no military draft in America any more.

I believe she said, what will happen if not enough people sign up to go to war? And brought up the idea that the draft will return if that happens. (Unless, of course, they get phantom bone spurs--my comment, not Whoopi's.)

• Love 9
(edited)

Paraphrasing Whoopi: "here's whats coming ... somebody's kids are going to have to go do this ... if nobody volunteers you know what that means ... a lot of kids are going to end up having to go join the draft."  She didn't say anything specifically about the draft being reinstated.  Perhaps she was implying that, but that isn't what she said and given her tendency to spew ignorant rubbish I can't give her the benefit of the doubt. 

Either way she is off base with the draft thing ... the subject was going to nuclear war with North Korea.  It won't be fought with troops on the ground like Viet Nam.  It will be fought by a couple of dudes pushing little red buttons.  The need to conscript soldiers in this day and age for such a war would be highly unlikely.  Ominous warnings about the draft may make for a dramatic drop-the-mic moment on the show but it's really kind of an empty threat. 

The real threat is getting blown the hell off the face of the earth by a couple of egotistical psycho maniacs engaged in a pissing match within the first five minutes of the conflict.  Any draft which may or may not be reinstated in it's aftermath kind of pales in comparison in my opinion.  Thus Whoopi's concern about the draft seems a bit misplaced to me.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 9

Nukes indeed are a very scary thing to think about. Especially with Trump not even willing to take nuking Europe off the table. As disturbing are Trump's threats to take over oil fields in the ME and of course they would be protected......by boots on the ground. It could take a draft to "force" troops to "volunteer" to do this. 

What Whoopi said didn't even bother me to much in the sense that, imo, Trump has no idea what he is doing. 

• Love 15

Enjoyed today's show....especially Whoopi sputtering at the top, and later again when Whoopi said something, Sunny then made her point and Whoopi interrupted her saying "That was literally my point!".... sure it was, Whoopi.

• Love 6

Whoppi is really ruining the show for me. I get that she's passionate and frustrated but damn, she can't express a thought to save her life. It's particularly dire when she shuts down the conversation to give the TRUTH, and it's completely lost in word salad. I'm embarrassed for her. I really hope she hangs it up at the end of the season like she said she would.

• Love 9

I know Whoopi’s not well-spoken whatsoever, but I could get her point in the opening about the draft. She brought up China and the Russian connections, and I think she was trying to imply Trump was deliberately trying to start war with countries like North Korea and China. I wouldn’t doubt for a moment that Trump would re-instate the draft while he shoots off to Mar-a-Lago to drink cocktails, get money thrown at him, and harass the waitresses. But I may have picked up translating Whoopi’s incomprehensible ramblings a year or two back.

I liked that they played the Trump-Billy Bush video to kick off Sexual Harassment Awareness Month, lol.

• Love 14

I have no doubt Whoopi is very intelligent and well read, and I know when she's trying to make a point it usually is a good one, but when one is on a talk show, it's probably an asset to be able to, you know, talk.  We should be able to understand what she's saying without resorting to Babelfish.  I get it, we all get to that post menopausal age where the words don't come as easily; I struggle all the time to present a lucid argument, but I'm not the host of a nationally syndicated talk show.  (And I have never used the word "poop" when I can't think of the word I want.)

• Love 8

Did anyone see the segment about the gender wage gap? My question is, if there truly is a wage gap and that women make so much less for doing the exact same job, why would anyone EVER hire a man? Companies could save so much money by hiring only women.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, mrbean5411 said:

My question is, if there truly is a wage gap and that women make so much less for doing the exact same job, why would anyone EVER hire a man? Companies could save so much money by hiring only women.

Men are generally in the most powerful positions, so they probably do the hiring.   AND...maybe they're not the brightest bulbs.

• Love 7

Sunny is starting to really get on my nerves with her constant shocked!!! and appalled!!! act.  What century is she from?  I had no idea what a goody two-shoes she is.  Surely she knows minors can obtain birth control without parental consent.  Was it because the school facilitated the transportation of the girl to the clinic after the in-school presentation?  Would Sunny feel better if she had taken a public bus or grabbed an Uber?  

Maybe Sunny didn't hear because of all the cross-talk, but it is important to note that the mother GAVE PERMISSION for her daughter to leave campus to go the clinic.  Perhaps Mom should have put a little more thought into what might go on there, or you know ... talked to her daughter about why she wanted to go.  Maybe she didn't know kids can get birth control on their own, but that isn't the school's fault. I don't get why Sunny is so outraged toward them.

I can't help but LOL at the thought of one of Pollyanna's Sunny's kids making her a grandma before they graduate from high school.  Maybe then she will finally un-clutch her pearls.  She'll have to because she's gonna need both her hands free to heat up a bottle and change some screaming brat's diaper in the middle of the night.  

• Love 13

I'm kinda with Sunny on this. It's one thing to take a bunch of teens to a clinic for information, it's another thing to allow (at least) one of those kids to have an invasive procedure while there.  If anything had gone wrong the school was opening itself up to a huge lawsuit.  I imagine mom only gave permission for transportation to the clinic for her daughter to learn about birth control choices, not to have drugs inserted into her arm.  Yes, the girl didn't need mom's permission, but if daughter had taken an Uber after school mom could not be angry at the school.  The school should have made it clear to the kids that they were only there to learn about options and if they wanted to talk to a doctor about prescribing something they were to do so on their own time, not school time.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm kinda with Sunny on this. It's one thing to take a bunch of teens to a clinic for information, it's another thing to allow (at least) one of those kids to have an invasive procedure while there.  If anything had gone wrong the school was opening itself up to a huge lawsuit.  I imagine mom only gave permission for transportation to the clinic for her daughter to learn about birth control choices, not to have drugs inserted into her arm.  Yes, the girl didn't need mom's permission, but if daughter had taken an Uber after school mom could not be angry at the school.  The school should have made it clear to the kids that they were only there to learn about options and if they wanted to talk to a doctor about prescribing something they were to do so on their own time, not school time.

That's not how it happened.  They did a rather poor job of explaining it on the show, unfortunately. 

The kids were not taken on a "field trip" to the clinic.  Youth Services of Tulsa did a presentation at the school about sex education.  During the presentation they invited the students to contact them if they wanted more information (presumably about birth control & STDS).  Afterward some girls expressed an interest in learning more, so the school arranged for Youth Services of Tulsa to give the girls a ride to a local clinic .  Apparently this is a fairly common practice.  The principal says he got the mother's permission for the girl to leave the school campus and be taken to the clinic by Tulsa Youth Services.  It was when she was there at the clinic that she got the Norplant. This was not a "field trip" as the mother wants to characterize it ... the school did not shepherd the kids into a clinic and allow them to be implanted with contraceptive devices.  That was her daughter's independent decision.

I just want to add that there is something off about the fact that the mom thought her daughter going to a clinic with Tulsa Youth Services was some kind of class trip, and she still describes it as a "field trip" despite all the facts being made glaringly apparent to her.  It wasn't a field trip to begin with and she should not have thought it was one.  And she shouldn't still be asserting that it was a class activity.  Your daughter wanted some  birth control so she went out and got herself some, mom.  Deal with it.  It's a helluva lot better for her to come home with a Norplant in her arm than it is an unplanned pregnancy in her belly!   JMHO

• Love 17
(edited)

As soon as I suspected my daughter was sexually active, I made her get birth control shots. Oh, and she already had HPV, so yes, sexually active.    When she turned 18 she switched to the pill.  So clutch your pearls over that, Sunny.  

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Sunny is starting to really get on my nerves with her constant shocked!!! and appalled!!! act.  What century is she from?

Great point, Celia Rubenstein!  Sunny is the type of parent whose kids are afraid to talk to about s-e-x*.  What if she died from the vapors?  What if she disowned them?

*...and other things that make parents shudder.

• Love 8

Schwimmer interview was so good.  He was intelligent, interesting and sweet.   The That's harassment movie are on Facebook.   Maybe they could have cut out that game and interviewed him more about the movie. He fought hard to get that hashtag in there. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

As soon as I suspected my daughter was sexually active, I made her get birth control shots. Oh, and she already had HPV, so yes, sexually active.    When she turned 18 she switched to the pill.  So clutch your pearls over that, Sunny.  

Thanks for telling it like it is!!!

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sunny is the type of parent whose kids are afraid to talk to about s-e-x*.  What if she died from the vapors?  What if she disowned them?

I'm much older than my siblings, and my father was very Catholic and my stepmom very Sunny-esque. I made it my mission to gain my siblings' trust, because I knew if any of them had "an issue," they wouldn't be able to go to their parents. It meant there are a lot of secrets I still hold close to my heart, even though my siblings are all parents themselves now. Hopefully Sunny's kids have an aunt or uncle who can be a confidante if they ever need one.

• Love 10

Are we to expect Sunny to now show up with a frilly little parasol, high necked blouse and long skirt? Lace hankie firmly in hand?

Maybe she shouldn't be throwing stones at the Pences' weird stipulations after all! I like her but she really is coming off lately as a tad...prudish?

"Did someone just order a Victorian straight up?"

• Love 7

I was glad Sunny turned over the apple cart when Jedi and Sara were talking so nicely about Ivanka. Her husband is in on the worst of what's going on--no way she's not involved or at the very least complicit in her silence. She's the face of faux feminism. I appreciated Sara bringing up LGBT being murdered by the government in Chechnya, Russia. I was disgusted by the same quote she read today (referencing honor killings).

I'm not really surprised Helen Hunt was mistaken for Jodi Foster. No offense, but her face has had a lot of work done and she doesn't look like she did when she was in Twister, As Good As It Gets, etc. I didn't know she was involved with Feud.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Tammee said:

She directed some of the eps

7 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think they said she directed one show (don't hold me to it).

Thanks guys!  I just checked IMDB and it appears HH is directing the episode that airs Sunday April 16, 2017. 

1 hour ago, dinkysquid said:

Are we to expect Sunny to now show up with a frilly little parasol, high necked blouse and long skirt? Lace hankie firmly in hand?

Maybe she shouldn't be throwing stones at the Pences' weird stipulations after all! I like her but she really is coming off lately as a tad...prudish?

"Did someone just order a Victorian straight up?"

Whoopi had me cracking up when she told Sonny to lose the SBF during Whoopi's story.   (SBF Standing (( or sometimes Staring)) Bitch Face

• Love 7
(edited)

Good quip from Joy about Ivanka being an advisor - "it's like having a candy striper perform surgery"

Edited to add:  More accurately quoted here (from RawStory) 

“It’s like going to the hospital,” quipped Joy Behar, “and having the Candy Stripers do the surgery.”

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 19
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Whoopi had me cracking up when she told Sonny to lose the SBF during Whoopi's story.   (SBF Standing (( or sometimes Staring)) Bitch Face

Actually, I thought Whoopi was REALLY rude to say that to Sunny ... that's her damn face & how it looks ... where does Whoopi get off telling her to change it (because Whoopi finds it disapproving?).

Edited by Medicine Crow
proper spelling is good
  • Love 14
16 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Actually, I thought Whoopi was REALLY rude to say that to Sunny ... that's her damn face & how it looks ... where does Whoopi get off telling her to change it (because Whoopi finds it disapproving?).

Eh, she had to say something to get that judgemental look off Sunny's face. I think I  can imagine myself saying something similar if someone is looking at me that way as I'm stating my opinion. 

Btw, i agreed with Whoopi regarding the Pepsi commercial. First. Time. Ever.

• Love 3

Whoopi is full of it, in regards to that Pepsi commercial. There may be protests where people are happy and having a good time, but that has nothing to do with what most protests are like especially involving the police. 

Whoopi is woman who that it wasn't "offensive" for her white boyfriend to come to a roast in blackface, so her opinions about what is or isn't offensive mean jack shit. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I thought it was funny and rude at the same time. Sunny played along well. There are a lot of little moments like that between Whoopi and Sunny, even though they seem to have been getting along better the past few months. The fact that they've gotten along more is, imo, all because of Sunny making it work. You can tell Sunny caters to the bitchy nonsense because she wants the View job to work out; she's doing the best she can do, because people who go against Whoopi don't pan out very long on The View going by the past few years (unfortunately).

And Whoopi does appear to like Sunny more than she did to begin with, but--honestly--I think Sunny makes her feel inadequate considering how well-spoken and well-prepared she is (especially in comparison to Whoopi herself). It's the same way with Joy. You can see that Whoopi and Joy like each other (although they don't seem as close as they were before Joy left in 2013, imo), but Whoopi occasionally makes bitchy asides because she feels threatened and insecure. That's pretty sad, but I think a lot of her bitchiness comes from insecurity. What I don't get is why she doesn't put in the effort to prepare--and do a better job--if she's insecure? Because Whoopi is capable of doing better going by other things she's done outside The View.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I agree.  And that's not the first time she's said that to Sunny.  She acts like Sunny is her little kid or something.  Sunny is almost 50 years old.  And she has a right to "her view" and "her face".  Sometimes she is so beyond being rude that it's ridiculous.  She needs to read Whoopi's Big Book of Manners and abide by her own words.  And Sunny always acts like it's her fault and goes into this little girl act.  I bet away from the job she curses Whoopi out left and right. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Right! 

Considering Whoopi is always scrunching up her face about stuff she finds offensive, boring, stupid or anything that isn't about her, she can stfu. Telling sunny to fix her face was rude! 

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I cannot stand Whoppi and watch the show rarely because of her. I tuned in today, heard Whoopi tell Sunny to change her face and changed the channel. How dare she.  I guess Whoppi only wants smiles when she's speaking.

• Love 8
(edited)

... and, not to put too fine a point, but what circle of friends, social or business, can someone who is talking say to their "audience":  "Get your face better!"  I can't imagine a colleague or friend saying that to me, nor can I imagine the reverse.  Whoopi has shown us, time after time, she has no class, so why am I surprised???

Edited by Medicine Crow
Last sentence was a question!!
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

... and, not to put too fine a point, but what circle of friends, social or business, can someone who is talking say to their "audience":  "Get your face better!"

This isn't the same, but as I signed in to physical therapy the other morning, one receptionist said to another of similar young age in a snotty voice, "Did you wash your face today???"  The other looked embarrassed and left to check (or maybe to cry).  GEEZ!   Two of us were standing there to sign in and three people were sitting on chairs close enough to see and hear everything!   I decided not to butt in, but a few of us looked at each other in sad surprise.

• Love 2

Opps. The show was preempted very early today but I just watched it On Demand. Yuge mistake, my poor blood pressure!

I truly can't stand Jedi. Always has to throw in Obama (or Hillary) and then schooled, like today that Congress would not support him when  the red line was crossed, admits it, laughing like a hyena. Thinking she has made a point.

And btw - we all do not know she didn't vote for Trump. Certainly not Hillary. The other options? Doubt "Allepo" Johnson, or Stein. Where was their support from her and why not? What crap. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

Whoopie also does her valley girl voice when she wants everyone to know how stupid she thinks a subject is.  Showing respect for anything or anyone isn't her strength. 

Good point.   Whoop has used that voice to let everyone know that she finds a person or topic trivial and beneath her.  That seems to be her "fuck you"  to the producers when she's forced to discuss a topic.  

When the other hosts present an opinion on something she isn't interested in, that's when she slumps, throws her head back. and rolls her eyes - that seems directed at the other hosts, that they're being trivial or ridiculous.

• Love 14