Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, kokapetl said:

Here’s a little more of the ski clip with Twit at the reunion. I laughed out loud at her comments about the ski debacle.   You have to hear it to believe it - she’s delusional . 

I am going to shamelessly take credit for Whitney re-framing her debacle on skis into a tribute to her "dancer flexibility." [Pause while Ketzel laughs at the very concept applied to Whitney.] This bizarre pat-on-the-back first showed up on her Facebook page not long after I posted the following comment in the episode thread on June 18, 2016. And we know that she lurks here, don't we, Dot? At least there's one kind of spin Whitney can actually do.

" Whitney on skis. Yes, it was great physical comedy, watching her feet about to go sideways out from under her as she screeched for Lenny-Honey to come and help her. What was the poor guy supposed to do, Whitney? He can barely get his arms around your middle, let alone hoist your nearly four hundred pound body back to your feet while gravity and inertia combine to pull you down!  And then I started wondering why Whitney-The-Fabulous-Dancer didn't have enough strength and flexibility to do a controlled side split, something many of my dancer friends do as a joke to freak out the people they are skiing with."

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

" Whitney on skis. Yes, it was great physical comedy, watching her feet about to go sideways out from under her as she screeched for Lenny-Honey to come and help her. What was the poor guy supposed to do, Whitney? He can barely get his arms around your middle, let alone hoist your nearly four hundred pound body back to your feet while gravity and inertia combine to pull you down!  And then I started wondering why Whitney-The-Fabulous-Dancer didn't have enough strength and flexibility to do a controlled side split, something many of my dancer friends do as a joke to freak out the people they are skiing with."

My favorite part was of all the ridiculous things her camera crew have contrived for her, when she thinks she is really in need of their help they just sit back and film it like nature taking it's course like a wildlife documentary.

• LOL 10
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, John M said:

My favorite part was of all the ridiculous things her camera crew have contrived for her, when she thinks she is really in need of their help they just sit back and film it like nature taking it's course like a wildlife documentary.

But, she "still has her splits". Nice try, twat-waddle--like when a cat miscalculates a jump, falls and saunters off like, "I meant to do that". Yeah, sure. The screaming for help indicates she in fact did not still have her splits. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 2/5/2019 at 6:37 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I used to wonder what type of women are Twit's genuine fans.  Who are the ones that post how great she looks on her Instagram? Who actually finds her an inspiration?  Well today for some reason these two women popped up on my YouTube page.  The first one is Amberlynn Reid and from what I can tell she posts a lot of videos of herself eating and occasionally trying some fad diet and failing.   She's over 500 pounds so I can see how Twit would seem like  someone to admire in her eyes.

This one is Chantal Marie also 500 plus pounds.  Same deal.  Endless videos of her eating, trying fad diets, failing and crying about her size. 

So much freaking huffing and puffing.

I’m not sure you’re allowed to call your binge sesh a ‘mukbang’ if you’re not skinny. 

Also, not surprised to see she had a cat considering she’s covered in cat hair. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 2

Why the hell doesn't Jessica tell her to stop banging the free weights together at the end of each rep? It's bad form as to the exercise and it's bad form as to gym safety and etiquette. If Whit should ever try that in a properly run gymnasium, she'd get told to cut it out immediately.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Why the hell doesn't Jessica tell her to stop banging the free weights together at the end of each rep? It's bad form as to the exercise and it's bad form as to gym safety and etiquette. If Whit should ever try that in a properly run gymnasium, she'd get told to cut it out immediately.

I'm not kidding when I say this: I think her fat precludes her ability to determine spacial relationships. So the only way she knows the dumbbells are near each other is to bang them together rather than bringing them close -- maybe an inch? -- but not touching.

But a caveat: I am unfamiar with this exercise, so I may be completely off-base.  And, BTW, I agree with everyone in this forum who has expressed what a dud as a trainer Jessica is.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

I'm not kidding when I say this: I think her fat precludes her ability to determine spacial relationships. So the only way she knows the dumbbells are near each other is to bang them together rather than bringing them close -- maybe an inch? -- but not touching.

But a caveat: I am unfamiliar with this exercise, so I may be completely off-base.  And, BTW, I agree with everyone in this forum who has expressed what a dud as a trainer Jessica is.

You may be right. But it's also true that one of the goals of this exercise is to develop fine muscle control so that you are able to stop the momentum of the weights before they make contact. Bashing them together doesn't accomplish anything other than annoying the people around you, and potentially losing control of them completely, which may mean you injure someone with them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Oh, look! Elephant ass! 

The way a photo opens up on my tablet is slowly from top to bottom. So I didn't see her legs immediately & honestly thought it was a baby elephant since she recently posted a video of a herd!

OMG. While I realize she's doing a self-abasing, "but aren't I fierce & brave to allow my defects to be shown so publicly" act, still OMG - why?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Dot said:

The way a photo opens up on my tablet is slowly from top to bottom. So I didn't see her legs immediately & honestly thought it was a baby elephant since she recently posted a video of a herd!

OMG. While I realize she's doing a self-abasing, "but aren't I fierce & brave to allow my defects to be shown so publicly" act, still OMG - why?

She isn’t self-abasing. This is Whitney’s version of the humble brag. She makes a small joke about putting it on Tinder not because she realizes that it’s a horrible picture but to get the ‘oh you look great - you are so amazing - you have lost to much weight’ responses. I have never seen anyone so obsessed with their own ass - no matter how big or small the ass was. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, Horrified said:

Lurker here:  how does she earn a living?  Does she make much from this show?  Her dance class can't earn that much for her, can it?  Do her parents pay her bills?  She just seems so........unemployable. 

I think the general consensus among this group is that she is paid by TLC for the show. As for her being unemployable (great choice of word, btw), she had a few fake jobs during the course of the show (radio, baseball team roadie, traveling dance dynasty overseer), but none were real. When the show ends and she does have to get a real job, I can honestly see her doing well in a job interview, she does have the skills to be professional and poised, and getting hired. Her antics a few weeks into the job would get her sent to HR.

I don't know.

This is a lot of face.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/12/2019 at 2:55 PM, Ketzel said:

On 2/12/2019 at 3:55 PM, Dot said:

But a caveat: I am unfamiar with this exercise, so I may be completely off-base.  And, BTW, I agree with everyone in this forum who has expressed what a dud as a trainer Jessica is.

Personally I think it’s a lack of control. It’s easier to whip the weights up and down like that using momentum then it is to control them carefully up and down. She may have issues with special relationships that contributes as well but she’s definitely out of control. And I nearly barfed when Whit does 12 when it sounds like they were going to stop at 10 and Jessica says ‘Typical Whitney’. BARF BARF BARF - is this woman really under the delusion that above and beyond it “typical Whitney’? 

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Personally I think it’s a lack of control. It’s easier to whip the weights up and down like that using momentum then it is to control them carefully up and down. She may have issues with special relationships that contributes as well but she’s definitely out of control. And I nearly barfed when Whit does 12 when it sounds like they were going to stop at 10 and Jessica says ‘Typical Whitney’. BARF BARF BARF - is this woman really under the delusion that above and beyond it “typical Whitney’? 

It's another illustration of why Jessica is a piss-poor trainer. A good trainer would insist upon proper form and execution of the lift, and will not count reps in which the form or execution is wrong. Hell, I do that to myself when I lift. An improperly done rep doesn't count, and since I lift heavy I don't want to just sit there and bang out a high rep count. Those weights are exhausting.

Not counting the "badly done" rep means I focus on doing the lift properly, which means I am focused on what actually gets me the benefit of lifting in the first place, and it is safer and less likely to cause me a serious injury. Things a trainer should be concerned about, and things we can clearly see from Whitney's Instagram that Jessica Powell is not. Whitney promoting this to her followers as a good way to exercise is dangerous. Some starstruck admirer of hers is going to get hurt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, cherenkov said:

It's another illustration of why Jessica is a piss-poor trainer. A good trainer would insist upon proper form and execution of the lift, and will not count reps in which the form or execution is wrong. Hell, I do that to myself when I lift. An improperly done rep doesn't count, and since I lift heavy I don't want to just sit there and bang out a high rep count. Those weights are exhausting.

Not counting the "badly done" rep means I focus on doing the lift properly, which means I am focused on what actually gets me the benefit of lifting in the first place, and it is safer and less likely to cause me a serious injury. Things a trainer should be concerned about, and things we can clearly see from Whitney's Instagram that Jessica Powell is not. Whitney promoting this to her followers as a good way to exercise is dangerous. Some starstruck admirer of hers is going to get hurt.

Personally I’m surprised Whitney hasn’t gotten hurt yet. I think that’s clear evidence that she’s really doing very little beyond what we see on the videos. 

Oh and if you are going to do a shoulder press - Stand the F up!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

EXACTLY. You strengthen a muscle by maximizing the time that it is under stress. That's why it takes me 4 seconds to do ONE dumbbell curl: one second up, three seconds down. A set of 15 takes one minute. Whitney probably takes 20 seconds for a set of 15. 

I never did get an answer as to exactly what organization certified Jessica. I suspect the answer is "none," and that she only has a job as a trainer because her father owns the gym. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

isn't the ombre look like totally 2015 for hair ?  I am no fashionista, but I thought that was out.  

Where I live it's pretty on trend right now, however, in subtle brunette shades. You're right that her reddish/pink ends are pretty 2015ish.The half bun half down thing was a big thing about two years ago. I do think her hair is looking better than it has for a while. Of course, we get photo where it's styled by professionals and she's not sporting her trademark ratty, greasy half-assed bun.

One of my side jobs while I'm in grad school is at a hair salon....the more you know(insert shooting star graphic and chimes).

• Love 5

Here we have Whitney doing the “Bend and Snap”. I guess she figures that is her Valentine’s Day present to us. Where can we return it?

Somewhere out there, Reese Witherspoon and Laura Bell Bundy cry for their fictional sister, Elle Woods.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Horrified said:

Lurker here:  how does she earn a living?  Does she make much from this show?  Her dance class can't earn that much for her, can it?  Do her parents pay her bills?  She just seems so........unemployable. 

I'm very curious as to her income just on the show alone. I'm skeptical she has pulled in much from all her side projects and endorsing- BGDC apparel, etc. I imagine  she makes more than her friends and significantly more than she did prior to the show where it seems unclear based on her statements whether she had any sort of job.

It doesn't seem as though her lifestyle has changed much other than upgrading her car. Same house, same clothes. I highly doubt she is careful with spending as she lacks impulse control which. Where she is spending all the money is what really interests me.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Kelly88 said:

I highly doubt she is careful with spending as she lacks impulse control which. Where she is spending all the money is what really interests me.

She's eating it.

Those Starbucks drinks that she's always got in hand are around 7$ each and she's downing three or four of them every day. She doesn't cook her own food, so she's eating all her meals out. I wouldn't be surprised if she was spending 75-100$ a day on food.

And thanks to Kerryn Feehan, we know she's a smoker. Pack a day in NC, about 6$ according to Google.

She's pissing money at consumables.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

She's eating it.

Those Starbucks drinks that she's always got in hand are around 7$ each and she's downing three or four of them every day. She doesn't cook her own food, so she's eating all her meals out. I wouldn't be surprised if she was spending 75-100$ a day on food.

And thanks to Kerryn Feehan, we know she's a smoker. Pack a day in NC, about 6$ according to Google.

She's pissing money at consumables.

Naah. You can get a large pizza from Pizza Trough for about $10. Four of those a day, with tax and a tip for the delivery boy, would only come to about $60. And she tells us she eats only once a day...... (it's true! She starts when she gets up and stops when she goes to sleep. One meal, interrupted by naps and cigarettes.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Here we have Whitney doing the “Bend and Snap”. I guess she figures that is her Valentine’s Day present to us. Where can we return it?

One of the comments on there said it looks like an ad for the Bachelorette . and that she should try out for that show. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Here we have Whitney doing the "Bend and Snap”. I guess she figures that is her Valentine’s Day present to us. Where can we return it?

Is that for real? (I'm very out of the loop when it comes to dance moves.)

2 hours ago, Dot said:

Is that for real? (I'm very out of the loop when it comes to dance moves.)

It's famous from the movie "Legally Blonde" as a move guaranteed to catch the attention of a man. (Dancing not required.)

So, just the sort of thing Whitney would want in her repertoire.

Here's the scene from the movie. "Bend and Snap" at 1:23.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

So I started the latest season. Whitney is already getting on my nerves. Am totally out of the loop. So I gotta ask: Did she lose weight?

I know it's not important to her - or at least she acts like it's not important to her to keep up the SJW fassade that you are healthy at any weight blabla. But to me she looks slimmer. Especially on some of those instagram pics. Is it just the angle? Do we know a specific number? Did she ever say anything in regard to that? Why am I even so interested in this I dont know. 

1 hour ago, treetop said:

So I started the latest season. Whitney is already getting on my nerves. Am totally out of the loop. So I gotta ask: Did she lose weight?

I know it's not important to her - or at least she acts like it's not important to her to keep up the SJW fassade that you are healthy at any weight blabla. But to me she looks slimmer. Especially on some of those instagram pics. Is it just the angle? Do we know a specific number? Did she ever say anything in regard to that? Why am I even so interested in this I dont know. 

She has said 60 lbs. If she really is 330 something like she said in the last episode then she has lost weight. 

24 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

She has said 60 lbs. If she really is 330 something like she said in the last episode then she has lost weight. 

Except, we know that to be a lie because someone recently posted that when Jessica weighed her, she was 366. 

Also:

Whitney: "I lost 60 pounds"

Also Whitney: "I've never weighed over 380 pounds in my life." 

Correct me if I am wrong, but way back in the bad old days when I learned math, 366+60=426.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Except, we know that to be a lie because someone recently posted that when Jessica weighed her, she was 366. 

Also:

Correct me if I am wrong, but way back in the bad old days when I learned math, 366+60=426.

It was 336.  So that would have made her 396.   If she's telling the truth, which is a big if. 

Edited by SevenCostanza
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Also:

I must have read the post wrong because I thought when Jessica weighed her they said it was 336. 366 makes more sense and seems like it brings her closer to being honest. If she really has lost 60 lbs and really weighs 366 then yes - your olden days math is correct that at one point she was 426. Which seems in line with what we saw in Hawaii. At that point the lie would be “Ive never weighed over 380 in my life” which we all knew was a lie anyway. 

• Love 5

I definitely think she's lost some weight. I would be skeptical as to how much DIY photoshopping was going on in her SM photos, however, it shows to me on the current season as well. Close to 400 seems a reasonable estimate for Hawaii. A few people mentioned that when she was sitting in the RV they actually thought she has gained weight because of her abdominal rolls( I really wish I could come up with a more artful and kinder way to say that). I think that is actually a loss in skin elasticity due to some weight loss and getting older.

A few weeks ago it was speculated that she is diabetic and not just borderline and  that is why she has lost weight. It wouldn't be good for her whole message to say that so I think it's why she doesn't want to talk about the weight loss or claim to care.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

It was 336.  So that would have made her 396.   If she's telling the truth, which is a big if. 

Oops. I'm lysdexic when it comes to numbers. 

::slinks off into a corner and hides under a blanket::