Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, AvoidinDaChubRub said:

As kids, my mom made us "white sugar sandwiches",

My mother liked banana & mayo, and I've had sugar & butter sandwiches, and think it was the woman who took care of me when I was pre-school age.
She'd sprinkle sugar on jello, too.  
I can't remember ever eating one since then.

Edited by auntjess
On 3/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, Dot said:

"I don't like cake."

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

It’s disgusting the way she sticks out her tongue when she was shoveling into her mouth I was totally grossed out at that episode (although I wished I was there eating the cake.   Love me some cake)

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, Bubbles1967 said:

It’s disgusting the way she sticks out her tongue when she was shoveling into her mouth I was totally grossed out at that episode (although I wished I was there eating the cake.   Love me some cake)

Yeah, what is that? Most folks can get a bite of cake in their mouths without sticking their tongues out like a lizard catching a fly.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 10

It’s disgusting the way she sticks out her tongue when she was shoveling into her mouth

Yep, gross. But she doesn't limit it to when gorging on cake.  Keep an eye out for her to bite her protruding tongue while wrinkling her nose - like a 3 year old. Most recent time I recall is when she was anticipating the trip to Hawaii.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jennylauren123 said:

Yeah, what is that? Most folks can get a bite of cake in their mouths without sticking their tongues out like a lizard catching a fly.

The size of the bites she takes resemble a snake eating. I'm pretty sure she knows it's grotesque too - there are no pictures of her eating anything on her Instagram.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Ravenna said:

The audience isn’t buying what Twit is selling:  “i’m short , fat, and cute.”

C76D530B-53AF-4D58-800D-A33EDA8CD3F5.jpeg

She talks about removing shame and stigma from the word "fat."  I propose we transplant the shame and stigma to the words "Whitney Way Thore."

• Love 13

Ha ha, the looks on those audience members' faces is awesome! Personally I do not care for anyone who goes around declaring themselves cute. You're supposed to wait for others to compliment you, not compliment yourself. Self-centered ass. She could've said "I'm short, I'm fat, and I'm fine with that." But that's not Twitney. She has to declare herself "cute" and "fabulous".

Being self-centered and vain doesn't generally go over well with people.

• Love 13
On 3/9/2018 at 6:59 AM, AZChristian said:

They would get to be in the hallowed presence of WHITNEY WAY THORE; they could slobber her with enough adoration that she wouldn't need anyone to apply chub rub lotion to her.

Now where did I put that Pepto?

18 hours ago, auntjess said:

sugar & butter sandwiches

Those were def a thing in the southern 60s, at our house with colored sugar. And hate to say it, but banana/mayo sandwiches sound good.

• Love 1

sugar & butter sandwiches

Sugar and butter is basically buttercream frosting - I just get lost on the part where it's spread on bread.

banana/mayo sandwiches 

I just can't... I love mayo on a sandwich and bananas are fine on their own but the idea of those things together is revolting...

6 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Sugar and butter is basically buttercream frosting - I just get lost on the part where it's spread on bread.

I just can't... I love mayo on a sandwich and bananas are fine on their own but the idea of those things together is revolting...

As a young child, I knew there was something funny about the fruit salad. It had marshmallows in it and my mother loved it too much. They said there was whipped cream in it, but there was something... off about the taste. I took one bite but I wouldn't eat it. The adults mocked me, called me spoiled, but try as they might, I would not eat anything that had a creamy texture after tasting that fruit salad. My sister was born when I was six years old and she too was suspicious of the creamy fruit salad with the funny flavor, and we both avoided the creamy looking jellos and other desserts for many years.

Finally, one day, I saw my mother preparing the fruit salad, and there on the kitchen counter was a jar of the most noxious concoction known to mankind-- Miracle Whip. It's not mayo. It's the salad dressing of doom. Mom had been putting huge dollops of it in the fruit salad all this time "because it makes it creamier." It also makes it taste like rotten death slime.

The thought of mayo and bananas is... triggering to me.

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, LordOfLotion said:

As a young child, I knew there was something funny about the fruit salad. It had marshmallows in it and my mother loved it too much. They said there was whipped cream in it, but there was something... off about the taste. I took one bite but I wouldn't eat it. The adults mocked me, called me spoiled, but try as they might, I would not eat anything that had a creamy texture after tasting that fruit salad. My sister was born when I was six years old and she too was suspicious of the creamy fruit salad with the funny flavor, and we both avoided the creamy looking jellos and other desserts for many years.

Finally, one day, I saw my mother preparing the fruit salad, and there on the kitchen counter was a jar of the most noxious concoction known to mankind-- Miracle Whip. It's not mayo. It's the salad dressing of doom. Mom had been putting huge dollops of it in the fruit salad all this time "because it makes it creamier." It also makes it taste like rotten death slime.

My mother made a lot of "fruit salads" (let's be honest, once you put in a bunch of whipped cream and sugary things, it's lost the right to be called a "salad"...like Snicker Salad, the most obvious of the "salads" that isn't a salad) - anyway...my mom also used marshmallows sometimes in these things...whipped cream, pudding mix...but I don't ever recall mayo or Miracle Whip being part of the recipe!

There are a couple my mother made that I do like, but I don't fool myself and call it salad, I call it what it is - dessert.

But mayo or Miracle Whip in sweet things? You poor dear. :-) I'm definitely with you on this one!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LordOfLotion said:

You should win the Pulitzer for eloquently describing the horror that is Miracle Whip. *applause*

• Love 7
On 3/10/2018 at 8:46 PM, Elizzikra said:

We're talking granulated sugar, so it's gritty.

On 3/10/2018 at 10:28 PM, Ravenna said:

You should win the Pulitzer for eloquently describing the horror that is Miracle Whip. *applause*

At the dawn of time, I was on a mysteries listserv, and when you joined, you had to declare for mayo or Miracle Whip.  
And if you all haven't seen Kalen Allen, either on Facebook or Ellen, you're missing something.
I love this one.

• Love 7
13 hours ago, auntjess said:
On 3/10/2018 at 5:46 PM, Elizzikra said:

We're talking granulated sugar, so it's gritty.

Growing up southern in the 60s, this was a Big Thang for Kidz, along the same retro food as Spam Jello molds and such. They sold little tubs of colored granulated sugar -- mostly red/green for Xmas -- and we spread butter on bread, coated it with the sugar, and put it under the broiler. I must say, I really liked it, especially if you got to just the right bubbly:crunchy ratio.

Edited by Maricopa
  • Love 1

Anyone remember Fun Dip? A sugar stick dipped in sugar!

When I was a kid I LOVED Easter time because of Cadbury Creme Eggs! Well, I had one last year (I am 41 now, so was 40), and OMG, the sugar! The sickeningly sweet Creme Egg! It had turned on me!

On 3/10/2018 at 4:29 PM, Sasha888 said:

Ha ha, the looks on those audience members' faces is awesome! Personally I do not care for anyone who goes around declaring themselves cute. You're supposed to wait for others to compliment you, not compliment yourself. Self-centered ass. She could've said "I'm short, I'm fat, and I'm fine with that." But that's not Twitney. She has to declare herself "cute" and "fabulous".

Being self-centered and vain doesn't generally go over well with people.

Ok. Admittedly there are some people who are legitimately attracted to fat/obese bodies. I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that that is the minority.

She has to declare herself cute and fabulous because she is so insanely insecure.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Emma C said:

Anyone remember Fun Dip? A sugar stick dipped in sugar!

I was obsessed with Fun Dip as a kid. My toddler is almost 3 and he got some Fun Dip for Valentine's Day from a school friend. I didn't even know they still made it. I gave it to him today (before I read this!) and he LOVED IT. It has universal appeal :)

• Love 4
On 3/8/2018 at 1:12 PM, Dot said:

"I don't like cake."

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

OMG, this picture!!! I had forgotten about her stating that she didn't like cake. Maybe it's like ice cream and she slowly introduced it back into her diet rotation again. 

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, mybuddyspence said:

OMG, this picture!!! I had forgotten about her stating that she didn't like cake. Maybe it's like ice cream and she slowly introduced it back into her diet rotation again. 

Today I learned that "slowly" is a word which actually means "getting caught eating it directly out of a gallon tub in my car in a parking lot". In that case, if I ever slowly introduce brown liquor back into my diet rotation, people will probably send me to AA.

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

What did the 8k distance end up being when they shortened it? Do we know exactly how much shorter they made it?

They cut it at 4 miles (6.6 km) as opposed to 4.97 miles (8 km).

Her time was over 2.5 hours.

Average human walking speed is 3 mph.

• Love 6
On 3/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, Elizzikra said:

I LOVED Fun Dip!

I’m 37 years old and ate a Fun Dip just last week.  Still tasty but I don’t recommend eating while driving. I’m going to be vacuuming Fun Dip from my car seat for months. ?

• Love 2
On 3/10/2018 at 9:00 PM, LordOfLotion said:

That's so weird.  I greatly enjoy Miracle Whip, but it doesn't go with sweet things like fruit at all.

• Love 1

I am not acquainted with Fun Dip. I wonder if it is something like a mysterious confection that is available in Great Britain known as Sherbert. It is a sweet white powder that bubbles in the mouth. It is conveyed by a hollow piece of licorice that acts like a straw, or, by a lollipop that is dipped into it.

I know we have some members from across the pond. Is it still available?

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

I am not acquainted with Fun Dip. I wonder if it is something like a mysterious confection that is available in Great Britain known as Sherbert. It is a sweet white powder that bubbles in the mouth. It is conveyed by a hollow piece of licorice that acts like a straw, or, by a lollipop that is dipped into it.

I know we have some members from across the pond. Is it still available?

Fun Dip sounds a bit similar, except it doesn't bubble at all and the powder is colored. It is conveyed by a lollipop-type stick that resembles a small white tongue depressor, only with a bit of sugar flavor :-P The powder itself is basically a Pixy Stix that is in a pouch instead of a tube! (Keep that in mind if you ever run out of Fun Dip, it is easy to "refill," LOL)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Fun Dip sounds a bit similar, except it doesn't bubble at all and the powder is colored. It is conveyed by a lollipop-type stick that resembles a small white tongue depressor, only with a bit of sugar flavor :-P The powder itself is basically a Pixy Stix that is in a pouch instead of a tube! (Keep that in mind if you ever run out of Fun Dip, it is easy to "refill," LOL)

FunDip ... because dipping sugar into other sugar is where it's at:

TvlZCGV.jpg

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

FunDip ... because dipping sugar into other sugar is where it's at:

"God Bless The USA" is playing in my head right now :)

If you guys want a good laugh, check out Whitney's insane CrossFit videos on her FB page. She's trying to play like she works out like that all the time.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

If you guys want a good laugh, check out Whitney's insane CrossFit videos on her FB page. She's trying to play like she works out like that all the time.

I feel like the only way FunDip could get more stereotypically American is if it was battered and deep fried.

• Love 10

Thanks for filling me in on FunDip. Meanwhile, I checked out her fabulous facebook page and given how her apparel looks truer words were never written:

Y’all! I have to sell EVERYTHING in this store! It’s so cheap!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I’m far from an expert on working out but even if we assume she really does work out like that all the time, is that really going to be that helpful for someone that overweight? Shouldn’t she be doing some kind of cardio (like swimming?). I have a good friend who is religious about CrossFit. She started after she survived cancer. But she wasn’t overweight. She just felt lousy and weak after cancer treatments. She now feels and looks fabulous (and 6 years cancer free). But for someone who needs to loose 100s, weight training seems like something that is later in the process. 

1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

I feel like the only way FunDip could get more stereotypically American is if it was battered and deep fried.

And that is why I love America LOL 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 3girlsforus said:

But for someone who needs to loose 100s, weight training seems like something that is later in the process. 

Weight lifting / resistance training can help preserve muscle mass so that more of the weight lost is fat. It's also useful for women to preserve bone density which can be an issue particularly as we get older and hormones affect the calcium in the bones.  Cardio is great for cardiovascular health  - lungs and heart are important to exercise too - and the lower impact is better for significantly overweight people because stuff like running puts tremendous force upon your back, hips, knees, legs, ankles and feet.

But when it comes to weight loss, absolutely none of that matters unless you're eating at a calorie deficit. For that, the calorie is absolutely the thing that matters more than anything, and if the calories going in are not less than the calories going out the weight will not go down. Although not technically necessary, is beneficial the entire way to do exercise for the sake of maintaining healthy muscle, bone and cardiovascular system.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I’m far from an expert on working out but even if we assume she really does work out like that all the time, is that really going to be that helpful for someone that overweight? Shouldn’t she be doing some kind of cardio (like swimming?).

I would never in a billion years prescribe powerlifting and plyometrics to a client like Whitney. She is like you said hundreds of pounds overweight and already has bone-on-bone knees. Whitney's trainer (who is Will Powell's daughter) is extremely irresponsible and I flat out question her credentials.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I would never in a billion years prescribe powerlifting and plyometrics to a client like Whitney. She is like you said hundreds of pounds overweight and already has bone-on-bone knees. Whitney's trainer (who is Will Powell's daughter) is extremely irresponsible and I flat out question her credentials.

There is resistance training Whitney could do. Powerlifting is not it. Plyometrics is bad news for all the same reasons that Whitney should not run. She will be permanently confined to a scootypuff soon.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

There is resistance training Whitney could do. Powerlifting is not it. Plyometrics is bad news for all the same reasons that Whitney should not run. She will be permanently confined to a scootypuff soon.

Word. Whitney could be doing standard weight training with bands and dumbbells, she does not need to be doing the clean and jerks and jumping chinups that her "trainer" (I have to use quotes, LOL) have written for her.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Word. Whitney could be doing standard weight training with bands and dumbbells, she does not need to be doing the clean and jerks and jumping chinups that her "trainer" (I have to use quotes, LOL) have written for her.

She would benefit a lot from upper body weight training with dumbbells or bands, and swimming, walking in a pool or water aerobics.

• Love 3

Thanks Clairewalks. That makes sense.  My guess is that these workout videos get more “you are awesome” posts in response than working with resistance bands or tracking and controlling her eating. 

Edited to add - Now you’ve got me thinking I should add weight training to my workouts. 

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Thanks Clairewalks. That makes sense.  My guess is that these workout videos get more “you are awesome” posts in response than working with resistance bands or tracking and controlling her eating. 

Yes anything to get attention! I am pretty worried about her...let's call them "impressionable," fans who see these videos and think they should do the same shit.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Yes anything to get attention! I am pretty worried about her...let's call them "impressionable," fans who see these videos and think they should do the same shit.

The comments under the video certainly support your concern. Lots of them are convinced she’s lost weight too. I have no idea if that’s true but it seems unlikely. It’s just really hard to tell when she’s in spandex and tank tops. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

The comments under the video certainly support your concern. Lots of them are convinced she’s lost weight too. I have no idea if that’s true but it seems unlikely. It’s just really hard to tell when she’s in spandex and tank tops. 

She is so large that I wouldn't be able to tell if she's smaller unless she lost over 50 lb. I'm nearly 6' tall and people can never tell if I'm losing (or gaining) weight unless it's about 20 lb. Of course Whitney could probably post a picture of her at her absolute heaviest and her followers would fall over themselves to tell her how thin she looks :-P

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She is so large that I wouldn't be able to tell if she's smaller unless she lost over 50 lb. I'm nearly 6' tall and people can never tell if I'm losing (or gaining) weight unless it's about 20 lb. Of course Whitney could probably post a picture of her at her absolute heaviest and her followers would fall over themselves to tell her how thin she looks :-P

I’m going through that right now. I’m also 5’11” and I’ve lost 17 lbs in the last two months. I can tell because my pants are falling down and clothes that didn’t used to fit do now. But I don’t think it’s visible to anyone else yet and I am a LOT smaller than Whitney. 

I don’t know that we’d ever know with her since she’s so ‘anti-weight loss’. In fact I’m surprised she doesn’t scold those commending her for looking smaller. Didn’t she just say she doesn’t celebrate weight loss? 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Has no one sat Whitney down and told her that weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise?  It doesn’t matter how many fake dance classes she pretends to teach. it doesn’t matter how many inappropriate CrossFit workouts she tries to do or how many 8Ks she struggles through. She has to change what and how much she eats.  She will never be able to out exercise her terrible diet.

• Love 7