Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Great minds...... ....

I weep for any dog she gets.  

Actually,  I'm mad!  Leave the dogs alone!  We definitely need to stage an online protest if she posts any pics with dogs. Seriously, I will contact the ASPCA.  

• Love 8

I never watched M600PL until recently cuz I thought it was some kind of competition show. Then I started seeing interesting comments about it in this MBFFL forum. When I saw that the world's most obnoxious sociopath, FatBoyGetDown, was featured a month or so ago, I watched for the first time. Since then, I have been binge-watching on YouTube & Hulu to catch up with some of the other 600-pounders.

That's a long preface to my question. I notice that all these people have lower extremities that look like Macy's balloons. At what point will Twit reach that point? Is lymphedema in her future at 450#? 500#? Never? Is it a problem she can avoid even tho it seems to have affected all those people on M600PL?

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Dot said:

That's a long preface to my question. I notice that all these people have lower extremities that look like Macy's balloons. At what point will Twit reach that point? Is lymphedema in her future at 450#? 500#? Never? Is it a problem she can avoid even tho it seems to have affected all those people on M600PL?

I actually was thinking about that when I looked at Whitney's Instagram lately, how in her pictures she bears a strong resemblance to the folks featured on My 600 LB Life. The extremely thick legs and lack of ankles are particularly disturbing at this point. I really think she could be about 3 years away from a show like that (considering they often have people a bit under 600 lb, like 550 or so). TLC's baffling renewals might just be to keep her on the air long enough to do a crossover.

Edited to add: if a healthy weight for Whitney would be 150 lb, she is closer to being on My 600 lb Life than she is to being a healthy weight. That should be a wakeup call for her.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

I actually was thinking about that when I looked at Whitney's Instagram lately, how in her pictures she bears a strong resemblance to the folks featured on My 600 LB Life. The extremely thick legs and lack of ankles are particularly disturbing at this point. I really think she could be about 3 years away from a show like that (considering they often have people a bit under 600 lb, like 550 or so). TLC's baffling renewals might just be to keep her on the air long enough to do a crossover.

Edited to add: if a healthy weight for Whitney would be 150 lb, she is closer to being on My 600 lb Life than she is to being a healthy weight. That should be a wakeup call for her.

Are the thick legs/no ankles precursors to having balloon-like legs? Also, I notice her butt is taking that peculiar shape you see on so many 600-pounders. And your comment about her healthy weight is chilling.

I continue to hope that TLC & Twit are in a contract dispute over her persistence in espousing an unhealthy lifestyle for her personal gain. Perhaps TLC wants her to buy commercial time if she wants to keep peddling NoBS.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Are the thick legs/no ankles precursors to having balloon-like legs? Also, I notice her butt is taking that peculiar shape you see on so many 600-pounders. And your comment about her healthy weight is chilling.

I continue to hope that TLC & Twit are in a contract dispute over her persistence in espousing an unhealthy lifestyle for her personal gain. Perhaps TLC wants her to buy commercial time if she wants to keep peddling NoBS.

Of the many shapes of obesity I've witnessed on 600 pound Life, to me Whitney most resembles Charity. Whitney is growing butt wings.  She can say whatever she wants to me about her fabulosity, but those wings are telling another tale.

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

If a healthy weight for Whitney would be 150 lb, she is closer to being on My 600 lb Life than she is to being a healthy weight. That should be a wakeup call for her.

She's 5'2."  At 150 lbs., she'd still be overweight.  But I don't think anything is going to be a wake-up call for this woman. She's going to stay in denial until something really drastic happens -- and I don't think it's far off -- and by then it will be a whole new ballgame.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

She's 5'2."  At 150 lbs., she'd still be overweight.

Yeah, I figured I'd be a bit generous ;) I don't know what a BMI of 21 is at that height. I'd have to look it up. I know at my height (5'11") with my musculature I start to look quite gaunt under 155!

Edit: I looked it up: 115 is solidly in the middle of the normal BMI range for 5'2". Yikes. Whitney is more than triple that.

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 2
On 5/17/2017 at 9:16 AM, Tosia said:

If Twit "doesn't like" sweets, then  what foods made her so fat?  

Twit cannot live by pizza alone. Even with  3 different apps for home delivery.  (I bet she mskes Donna answer the door for the pizza guy.)

Ummm, ranch dressing?  

Specialty coffee drinks?  --which we know are FULL of sugar and fats. 

Numeroua cake tastings?  

BIG cookies from Starbux?  

No, no sweets, just processed, full-fat food in general.

Right, bee-otch.  

And loads of pasta - remember the 'farewell' dinner they all had at that Italian restaurant back when she had the Diabetes scare. I think she probably eats a ton of carbs. So maybe she isn't eating a lot of sweets, but she's gotta be ingesting a whole buttload of sugar from other sources. 

And remember - she only took the one bite out of the cookie ;) - and yes, I can still hear her whine at Will about "I look at that and think how good I did". 

• Love 6
On 5/18/2017 at 1:36 AM, Complexity said:

No, they don't. They will exploit anything they think will make them a buck.

I used to think TLC — as The Learning Channel — was an upstanding channel to enjoy. But that apparently didn't get them enough viewership (which means less money from advertisers). Somewhere along the way, they discovered that the public devoured sideshows, and away they went.

They've sold their souls to the devil. No learning at all. Just exploitation. If there is a group of people with any obvious difference, they are targeted. So now their combining fat people with little people to come up with fat little people. I hate to think of what will come next.

Out of curiosity - exactly how long has it been since TLC has actually identified itself by its full name "The Learning Channel" or had that appear anywhere associated with them? Because y'all are right, it's been AGES since there was anything "educational" in anything other than a "how not to be" vein.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I figured I'd be a bit generous ;) I don't know what a BMI of 21 is at that height. I'd have to look it up. I know at my height (5'11") with my musculature I start to look quite gaunt under 155!

Edit: I looked it up: 115 is solidly in the middle of the normal BMI range for 5'2". Yikes. Whitney is more than triple that.

I am 5'2" and 115 may be normal  BMI  for that hight but it would  be too thin for me. I am 145 and yes I am trying  to lose weight , my goal  is 130, keep  it at that for a while  then work  toward 125. Neither  of my Dr.s have said I was grossly  over  weight and needed to go on a diet . But then I am 60, so you tend to have a bit more weight  on you as you age, but yes Whitney  needs to lose weight .

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I am 5'2" and 115 may be normal  BMI  for that hight but it would  be too thin for me. I am 145 and yes I am trying  to lose weight , my goal  is 130, keep  it at that for a while  then work  toward 125. Neither  of my Dr.s have said I was grossly  over  weight and needed to go on a diet . But then I am 60, so you tend to have a bit more weight  on you as you age, but yes Whitney  needs to lose weight .

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of BMI as an absolute, since a more muscular person might easily be "overweight" but look fantastically fit. I just find it fascinating that Whitney is so far removed from the middle of her "normal range" and yet thinks she is in such amazing shape!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, auntjess said:

I just came across this looking for something else, and I don't find an "in the media" file.
Whit's dating profile pictures.  Apologies if we already have this.
http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/my-big-fat-fabulous-life-whitney-thore-bikini-128352/photos/whitney-thore-9-228704

It's a petty thing, but I am always so annoyed when Twit sez she proudly wears a bikini to swim, but every picture shows her in a two-piece swim suit. An actual bikini top could never support those massive breasts. And a bikini thong! How could you even fit it under all those rolls of fat?

• Love 3
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎25 at 2:39 PM, Dot said:

Whit has the benefit of youth on her. When she adds weight, her skin still has elasticity to give. But when it bursts, it bursts exactly like a hernia where fat seems to squeeze through. That's why you see fat aprons and not massively rotund bellies. That belt they wear helps to hold it all in, and when there's no more room, fat hernias over the belt and starts flowing over it. Eventually they give up the belt, hike the pants above it and the shirt below it and viola, fat apron.

So with s03e01 she still has ankles of sorts, but if you look at her recent Facebook swimsuit post, they're totally gone. Past the point of no return, viscous cycle territory. Cue 600lb sad piano solo with voice over

13 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of BMI as an absolute, since a more muscular person might easily be "overweight" but look fantastically fit. I just find it fascinating that Whitney is so far removed from the middle of her "normal range" and yet thinks she is in such amazing shape!

BMI is an extremely simple fast two factor assessment of health. That.is.it.

Between 20-30 it can make only casual predictions about 'health' but at 40+, one can begin to make a clear rational argument that the person's health is definitely in decline.

But if a person is that fat, maybe BMI is useless, because no one needs a number to quantify for themselves that they are clearly in trouble. They can feel it exactly for what it is.

• Love 2
(edited)

'FB_IMG_1495864039905.jpg.47ec0bc479dd9ab109283e9b798d195b.jpgTwit posted this photo this weekend to advertise her cruise. It appears to me that there is the beginning of those Macy's balloon legs all on M600PL have. (Sorry, I screwed up & duplicated the photo -- 4 Twits are probably more than you can handle.)

FB_IMG_1495864039905.jpg.378b964f4d577c5c3b6d70c7b6403496.jpg

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2
On 5/18/2017 at 1:48 AM, auntjess said:

I agree, but an exception is the show called Two in a Million, where two people who share a very rare disease, get to meet, usually for the first time ever, someone else with the same condition, someone "who gets it."
Sometimes there are 2 children, and the families get to meet, and they always get to see a doctor who's an expert in the disease.

I have actually applied to be on that show. I have never met anyone with my disorder and the doc that studies it in Baltimore has a 3 year wait list.

• Love 5

(Sorry, I screwed up & duplicated the photo)

You mean she originally posted the duplicate photos of herself? Maybe she thought it was creative. (I know she did it before with a photo of her in the bed.) As if two twits were better than one.

I am most fixated on her knees. When we were discussing the x-ray of her knee someone said that knees aren't supposed to be fat. But seeing them in the flesh I see that the fact that they probably don't bend very well explains her wide stanced waddle.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

You mean she originally posted the duplicate photos of herself?

Yeah, she does that mirror-image thing a lot. BTW, I bet she calls that 2-piece she's wearing "a bikini."

• Love 1

We cruise a lot.  I'm no skinny minnie, and I'm not as young as I used to be.  I'm very conscientious of the type of clothing I wear in public, because I don't want people to look at me and wonder what in the world I was thinking when I put on that swimsuit/outfit and left my cabin.

Having said that, it's because of those very sights (and others as in the photos above) that we ALWAYS get a cabin with a balcony, so we can enjoy the sun and ocean breeze without our eyeballs popping out.  We're only human.

• Love 3

So, AZC are you going to take one for the team and go on that Carnival Cruise and report back? (I haven't bothered to check but I am assuming it is Carnival because it was last time and they cater to reality show folks.)

Off topic for a minute, but one of the most memorable cruises I have been on was populated by a group of goths it was several years ago and around Halloween. I found out about it in advance and convinced my friend to dress in steampunk along with me. The goths were very friendly and it was totally worth it to take the extra costuming. A few of the women wore Victorian swimming costumes during the day one guy had a top hat, spats and a pocket watch the whole experience was a hoot.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Me from ME said:

I am most fixated on her knees. When we were discussing the x-ray of her knee someone said that knees aren't supposed to be fat. But seeing them in the flesh I see that the fact that they probably don't bend very well explains her wide stanced waddle.

It's that area just above the knees that look to me like the beginnings of those lymphedema lumps or whatever you call them. Maybe it's just fat, tho. Then again, isn't lymphedema just fat & water? (Obviously, my medical knowledge is VERY limited.)

1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

So, AZC are you going to take one for the team and go on that Carnival Cruise and report back? (I haven't bothered to check but I am assuming it is Carnival because it was last time and they cater to reality show folks.)

1.  I'm not a "Carnival" person.  

2.  If I WERE a "Carnival" person and knew that Whitney was going to be on a cruise I had planned to take, I'd cancel my reservation.  (Khate Gosselin was supposed to be on a Royal Caribbean - I think - cruise.  I wouldn't have gone on that one either.  There are SOME celebrities I'd pay a bit extra to cruise with, but probably not anyone from TLC.)

• Love 2

That picture is a contradiction. Twit always says that she needs to wear spandex because of chub rub, famously the reason she couldn't wear the shorts the Grasshoppers job required. Well, tell me how those bare legs aren't chub-rubbing her skin raw, especially since she apparently has gained so much weight in her legs that the rub goes from crotch to feet.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:40 AM, ClareWalks said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of BMI as an absolute, since a more muscular person might easily be "overweight" but look fantastically fit.

Did anyone watch Big & Little?  They got the BMI for these people, by having them go completely underwater, expell the air in their lungs, and then get a BMI measure from some calculation.  I'd never seen it on any of these fat shows before.
http://idealbite.com/forget-about-bmi-it-does-not-work-get-a-hydrostatic-body-fat-test-instead/ or
http://www.livestrong.com/article/354465-the-water-displacement-test-for-body-fat/

19 hours ago, Dot said:

'FB_IMG_1495864039905.jpg.47ec0bc479dd9ab109283e9b798d195b.jpgTwit posted this photo this weekend to advertise her cruise. It appears to me that there is the beginning of those Macy's balloon legs all on M600PL have. (Sorry, I screwed up & duplicated the photo -- 4 Twits are probably more than you can handle.)

She looks like Zsalynn from 600 lb life before  the extra 150 lbs.  Not a good thing. Geez.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

1.  I'm not a "Carnival" person.  

2.  If I WERE a "Carnival" person and knew that Whitney was going to be on a cruise I had planned to take, I'd cancel my reservation.  (Khate Gosselin was supposed to be on a Royal Caribbean - I think - cruise.  I wouldn't have gone on that one either.  There are SOME celebrities I'd pay a bit extra to cruise with, but probably not anyone from TLC.)

Taking this to small talk, because I'm interested in who I'd take a cruise to meet, and maybe others are too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Me from ME said:

Actually it could be lipedema or lymphedema. They appear similar but different etiologies. Some people on M600PL have both.

http://www.lymphedema.com/lipedema.htm

That was a really informative article; thanks for providing it. From what the article says, it seems that Twit may well have developed/be developing lipedema.

4 hours ago, Dot said:

It's that area just above the knees that look to me like the beginnings of those lymphedema lumps or whatever you call them. Maybe it's just fat, tho. Then again, isn't lymphedema just fat & water? (Obviously, my medical knowledge is VERY limited.)

It's easy to remember because it's right there in the name! Lymphedema is lymph fluid that doesn't recirculate. It can also be congenital, even in normal sized people. 

Lipids are fats, so lipidema is fat. 

One tell-tale difference is that lymphedema affects the feet a lot more than lipidema does. If the swelling ends abruptly at the ankles, it's almost certainly lipidema. If the feet look a bit like Twinkies you're probably dealing with lymphedema. The lipids are also much lumpier; lymph fluid distributes more evenly. Whitney's definitely looks like lipidema to me. 

FTR, lymphedema sucks and there's no cure, just ugly, uncomfortable treatments like compression stockings or manual drainage. Diuretics don't help because it's lymphatic, not water retention. Since it's not directly fatal, no one bothers much with research. Maintaining a healthy weight can keep it from progressing, but it's pretty hard to exercise when your limbs are full of fluid, and it also causes general fatigue. If any of you know someone in medical research, tell them to look into lymphedema! They could change a lot of lives. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

FTR, lymphedema sucks and there's no cure, just ugly, uncomfortable treatments like compression stockings or manual drainage. Diuretics don't help because it's lymphatic, not water retention. Since it's not directly fatal, no one bothers much with research. Maintaining a healthy weight can keep it from progressing, but it's pretty hard to exercise when your limbs are full of fluid, and it also causes general fatigue. If any of you know someone in medical research, tell them to look into lymphedema! They could change a lot of lives. 

Thank you for this - I wish the medical community would understand how debilitating lymphedema can be and find a cure.  I have the inherited kind in my ankles and feet, but based on past experience I can make a big improvement to the condition by losing at least 30 lbs.  And there's the rub at almost 59, I lost 20 lbs. last year but so far have not been able to lose any more.

I only wish it was lipidema because it sucks to have fat ankles and swelling problem feet that are a nightmare in shoes.  What woman wants to wear compression hose in the summer and not be able to wear sandals?  You're pretty much confined to winter wear and it's hot and sucks, although I tend to wear the compression hose at night in the summer.  Plus forget sitting at a desk all day at a job - It only makes things worse.

From where I sit, Whitney is lucky.  She's as fat as a house but still has proportionate ankles.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I still don't see how she manages to get off and on a regular toilet, and is able to wipe herself after going..her legs are too fat to separate all that much. 

She probably has to use towels cut into lengths about 4-6" wide that she can wipe with. I've seen similar in catelogs of products for disabled people.

17 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Twit always says that she needs to wear spandex because of chub rub, famously the reason she couldn't wear the shorts the Grasshoppers job required.

Her desire to wear spandex is probably why she goes around naked at home. Imagine how miserable she must be in NC heat & humidity cramming that body into a sausage skin all day long. She would be so much more comfortable in a pair of 4X cotton/polyester blend, loose-fitting shorts or pants that all stores for the extra-huge sell. That whole "chub rub" excuse is baloney. She wears spandex because she thinks it makes her look less fat, another example of the hypocrisy of her NoBS campaign.

• Love 7
On 5/27/2017 at 1:54 AM, Dot said:

I would kill myself.

Also, I absolutely love the Name of this thread?  Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH HER?

• Love 5

I noticed that in the post shilling for her cruise, Whitney says, "Can't wait for the #NoBodyShameAtSea cruise in December! I have some really exciting announcements to make soon! ⛵️?? "

I really hope her exciting announcement relates to the cruise ( like, Jenzi is coming as a guest teacher!!! or "the buffet will be open 24 hours a day!!!) and not that the show's finally been renewed.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

It's easy to remember because it's right there in the name! Lymphedema is lymph fluid that doesn't recirculate. It can also be congenital, even in normal sized people. 

Lipids are fats, so lipidema is fat. 

One tell-tale difference is that lymphedema affects the feet a lot more than lipidema does. If the swelling ends abruptly at the ankles, it's almost certainly lipidema. If the feet look a bit like Twinkies you're probably dealing with lymphedema. The lipids are also much lumpier; lymph fluid distributes more evenly. Whitney's definitely looks like lipidema to me. 

I remember Christina on 600 lbs, going for treatment for her legs trying to drain her fluids and saying she would have to do this forever.  And she was in her early 20s.  TWIT is in a denial that is scary.

• Love 2
On 5/27/2017 at 8:58 PM, auntjess said:

Did anyone watch Big & Little?  They got the BMI for these people, by having them go completely underwater, expell the air in their lungs, and then get a BMI measure from some calculation.  I'd never seen it on any of these fat shows before.
http://idealbite.com/forget-about-bmi-it-does-not-work-get-a-hydrostatic-body-fat-test-instead/ or
http://www.livestrong.com/article/354465-the-water-displacement-test-for-body-fat/

that's not to get a BMI measurement, but a body fat percentage measurement.
and it's really the only truly accurate way to do so.

• Love 2

There's a trailer for an animated film called Red Shoes & the 7 Drawfs that is getting a lot of heat from the so-called body positive movement.

Start the clock counting down on how long it will be before Twit gets on her high horse.

http://wapo.st/2rnnliz

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dot said:

There's a trailer for an animated film called Red Shoes & the 7 Drawfs that is getting a lot of heat from the so-called body positive movement.

Start the clock counting down on how long it will be before Twit gets on her high horse.

I just saw a clip of that last night on one of the entertainment shows.  Our favorite fat & Fabulous person  was the first person  I thought of when I saw it.  Shouldn't be too long before we see her commenting on it.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Re: that "bikini" photo, it is astonishing how much of her gut she was able to stuff into that bottom. 

To me the bottom looks like a diaper 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Dot said:

From what I remember, she didn't much enjoy the ride and feared for the horse.............

• Love 3