Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Dot said:

Could someone explain to an old lady what "swipe right" means? And is it an expression only used in connection with on-line dating sites? And what is a "pity swipe" & why would you expect one from your brother?

"Swiping right" means you place your finger on the onscreen photo you're looking at and move it to the right. That tells the Tindr program that you'd like to meet that person. If they also "swipe right" on YOUR picture, Tindr will notify both of you that both of you are interested in meeting.

If you "swipe left," you're rejecting that one and don't want to meet them ever.

A "pity swipe" would be, I guess, swiping right to at least make it look like someone found you attractive enough for them to swipe right. Even if it is your brother. Yes, I know.

• Love 2

I was watching Judge Faith earlier this week.  Typical TV court case of a young woman being taken advantage of by a loser she met on social media.  Cracked me up when Judge Faith said to the woman, "You should have swiped left on this one."

LOL.

• Love 1

There's yet another commercial for the cruise today. She's become so desperate that she has actually replied to several women who commented that they'd "love to go" with a "well, come on then" post. There's finally a list of family & friends: parents, bro, Heather, BooBoo (Donna), Tal (Rufus), Todd annnnndddd BUDDY! (I really thought he'd been thrown off the boat.) Plus the 3 Z-list special guests. So that's 12 freebies, incl Twit, needed, which is more than 200 bookings according to the stats furnished upthread. I' m leaning toward cancellation.

5 hours ago, okerry said:

"Swiping right" means you place your finger on the onscreen photo you're looking at and move it to the right. That tells the Tindr program that you'd like to meet that person. If they also "swipe right" on YOUR picture, Tindr will notify both of you that both of you are interested in meeting.

If you "swipe left," you're rejecting that one and don't want to meet them ever.

So can you "butt swipe" like you can "butt dial?"

• Love 2
13 hours ago, qqererer said:

I'm pretty sure that a ton of guys have swiped right with her, but ooooh no, she doesn't swipe right with them because they're not fit, skinny dudes (my standards are pretty low here, I'm assuming dad bods). 

I'm sure that there are probably a ton of neck beards ready for love and to give her a chance, but of course, she would never want them.

And that headshot is so fake on so many levels.

Lol, I was laughing because she says "nobody has matched with me" but the only way she would know "nobody swiped right" is if she literally swiped everyone since you only know if it's a match... your theory is more plausible that she simply hasn't mutually matched with anyone (probably because she is too good for the average joe) but I enjoy my theory that nobody swipes right ?

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:18 PM, Alapaki said:
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, Ketzel said:

Jesus Christ!  Even in a group shot that large she still insists on being shot from above?

Well, to be perfectly fair to her (cough, choke)  this wasn't just her usual vanity shot. After all,  she isn't the only "person of size" in the picture. Perhaps she wanted to be sure the others would be happy with the photo, or they might not be willing to re-up for the 2017 cruise? :-)

As for her online dating, I vaguely remember a scene in the show where she (and I think Tal?) were talking about her profile. He was suggesting she might want to leave out the two-piece swimsuit shot if she didn't want to attract the chubby chasers.  In what I thought was a startling moment of insight, Whitney said she was OK with chubby chasers - she wanted someone who found her physically attractive as she currently was. But I would not be at all surprised if that brief moment of understanding that her weight put her in the "fetish" range, rather than the "guys who like big butts" range didn't last.

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 7:00 AM, AmyB said:

I still can't find her on match. I don't think she is on there. But if she is just on tinder than she is honeslty not looking for a real relationship. From my friends experience with it, its more just for hook ups. 

There's an interesting video Heather Sykes posted Mar 26 on her FB page. She & Donna are filming Twit as she lies on her bed twiddling with her phone, trying to open Match. There's a long conversation about her difficulty getting on the site, then she rattles off the names of the 1/2 dozen on-line dating sites she has signed up on. I mean, really? Do most people sign up with that many dating sites? And one of them was J-Date, so she has apparently culturally appropriated the Jewish faith along with the LGBT community. Her final comment, frustrated that she can't reach Match Customer Service until Monday, is that she was looking for a date for the weekend, which sounds like she is more into hookups than a meaningful relationship.

As for her telling Tal why she put the bathing suit photo on her dating site: I didn't read it at all as tho she welcomed chubby chasers. I think she, like Babs, thinks she deserves a Brad Pitt type. Look how dismissive she was in her recent comment about Nathan. As someone upthread said so insightfully: at her size, Twit is now a beggar, not a chooser. But she will never acknowledge that, I believe. She thinks a 400# woman can attract a movie-star handsome hunk. All a part of her delusional insistence that a fat life is a fabulous one.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

There's a long conversation about her difficulty getting on the site, then she rattles off the names of the 1/2 dozen on-line dating sites she has signed up on. I mean, really? Do most people sign up with that many dating sites? And one of them was J-Date, so she has apparently culturally appropriated the Jewish faith along with the LGBT community. Her final comment, frustrated that she can't reach Match Customer Service until Monday, is that she was looking for a date for the weekend, which sounds like she is more into hookups than a meaningful relationship.

Also, factor in that the person not getting swipes and dates, is someone on with her own TV show, where her date might get on TV too.  That she doesn't get dates, even with that added incentive, is telling.

• Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, Dot said:

As for her telling Tal why she put the bathing suit photo on her dating site: I didn't read it at all as tho she welcomed chubby chasers. I think she, like Babs, thinks she deserves a Brad Pitt type. Look how dismissive she was in her recent comment about Nathan. As someone upthread said so insightfully: at her size, Twit is now a beggar, not a chooser. But she will never acknowledge that, I believe. She thinks a 400# woman can attract a movie-star handsome hunk. All a part of her delusional insistence that a fat life is a fabulous one.

My memory could easily be failing me on this point, but I seem to recall  she specifically said she was OK with chubby chasers in that conversation. ( Or maybe it was at some other time?) I definitely remember being startled by her making that concession.  But I certainly believe that, like after her moment of weeping in the furniture store to Babs that she doesn't get men because she is so fat, she quickly retreats to her world of denial and delusion.

Although not nearly as denying and delusional as some of her fans! One of them actually believed she and Caleb the Fitness Marshall would make the cutest couple eva! Granted, it was after he posted "eye sex with Whitney is the best sex."  But I assumed he didn't mean "best sex of all time,"  or "best sex he'd ever had," but just "best anyone could have with her, all things considered."  And then there's that long term relationship with the guy who manages him. Despite all her senshus power, Whitney has shown no sign of being able to seduce the gay barnacles, and not for lack of trying!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3

Oh, so Whitney lowers her standards to be "ok" with chubby chasers? 

Even a Chubby Chaser would run like hell. She is a TERRIBLE PERSON. Only thing she will attract is someone who has zero self esteem. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

Oh, so Whitney lowers her standards to be "ok" with chubby chasers? 

Even a Chubby Chaser would run like hell. She is a TERRIBLE PERSON. Only thing she will attract is someone who has zero self esteem. 

Mohammed from 90-Day Fiance might be interested . . . if he could get a green card out of the deal.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Mohammed from 90-Day Fiance might be interested . . . if he could get a green card out of the deal.

Now, there's a crossover show: "My Big Fat Fabulous 600-lb 90-Day Fiance."

• Love 14
(edited)
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Yes perhaps he would say she was "acceptable" !

I would love to see them browbeating each other. THAT I would watch. Throw Danielle in the mix and you would have a TRIFECTA of dysfunction. 

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 4
On June 24, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Dot said:

The phrase is "choosy beggar"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

More fodder for the lymphedema versus lipidema debate. She posted this pic from last year's cruise as an ad for this year's cruise.

cruise.jpg

I love that the banner covers the butt. Maybe Twit isn't so comfy in her 2-piece (bikini, according to her) swimsuit after all.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Dot said:

I love that the banner covers the butt. Maybe Twit isn't so comfy in her 2-piece (bikini, according to her) swimsuit after all.

Sadly, I'm sure she thinks it's provocative, and that people will be interested in seeing what's under the black bar.

• Love 2

And this gem just popped up on instagram. They are clearly not filming a new season cuz Ashley is around and she is pregnant. I highly doubt she wants to be featured again on the show (seeing how she was absent the last season)  

oh and ya'll remember Jana aka lennie's fake date for that house party. She just started following me on instagram too. Weird. I know she deleted her facebook right before that episode aired. Now have to go see if its back up.  

1 minute ago, Me from ME said:
  Hide contents

I am probably addled by a long drive but could you explain this a little more?

Ashley is in the back seat and she hasn't really been present for the last bit if filming of the show. And she is currently with child (i think getting close to her due date possibly) and i would doubt she would want to be around during filming. That's just what I was thinking when I saw her. 

In that cruise photo her ankles and one leg looks like its all cut up and had been bleeding.   WTF?

Is Babs drunk in that video?

I have always gotten a bad creepy vibe from all of them.

I, too, am thinking she's been cancelled. In addition to @AmyB's clue about Ashley, last weekend was when most cities celebrate Gay Pride. By the time Twit so rudely interrupted Greensboro gays at their Pride Day last year, she had already been filming for a couple of months. Not so this year. I think she is keeping it a secret from her rabid fans until she unloads all that new clothing she's selling. Not to mention the cruise, for which there's another new pitch on her FB page today. I smell cancellation of that, too.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

In that cruise photo her ankles and one leg looks like its all cut up and had been bleeding.   WTF?

Is Babs drunk in that video?

I think those are shadows from the lipidema. And the Instagram video seems to show both Babs & Twit are a tad drunk -- and look who's driving. ITA -- all the MBFFL people are rather creepy.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Cherrio said:

They have all gotten pretty dark, huh? Like, they try to present themselves as this  sort of fabulous, shenanigansy squad just livin' life, but there's so much anger and resentment and who knows what else simmering just below the surface (and sometimes well above it, judging by what an absolutely relentless dick Whitney is to people on social media) that the show isn't even pleasant to snark-watch. Why are they all so hateful? 

• Love 6

Who hangs out in a parked car filming instagram videos? That car didn't move while they were filming, so thank goodness for small favors.

Ashley was not amused.

• Love 2

My Mom AND my daughter are my best friends . 

Mom is 76. 

I am 54.

Daughter 21.

Best friends, healthy relationship with my family.

So, the"kind of people that hang out with their daughter" are the happy family kind of people. Yeesh.

7 hours ago, auntjess said:

What woman of Babs' age hangs out with her daughter and daughter's friends?

Nothing wrong with hanging out with your daughter at ANY age. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Nancypants said:

My Mom AND my daughter are my best friends . 

Mom is 76. 

I am 54.

Daughter 21.

Best friends, healthy relationship with my family.

So, the"kind of people that hang out with their daughter" are the happy family kind of people. Yeesh.

15 hours ago, auntjess said:

What woman of Babs' age hangs out with her daughter and daughter's friends?

Nothing wrong with hanging out with your daughter at ANY age. 

I agree.  

But what Babs is really doing here is participating in some twisted "take-your-mom-to-work-day" with her emotionally stunted daughter who has the maturity of a middle-school mean-girl.  I started out loving Babs and Glen.  But I'm come to believe that Babs is one cold, calculating number.  I still think Glen is more-or-less just along for the ride.  But I believe both of them have convinced themselves that this show and the NBS BS is their only hope of keeping Whitney out of their guest bedroom.  

• Love 9

Yeah, I can't fault a mother and daughter for spending time together, but Babs is all about the cameras, specifically. And Whitney is just like "OMG Mooooom, you are such a shockingly bawdy southern belle" and nothing about the way they interact is organic whatsoever. Barftown, population: me.

• Love 8
On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎26 at 8:18 AM, Ketzel said:

More fodder for the lymphedema versus lipidema debate. She posted this pic from last year's cruise as an ad for this year's cruise.

cruise.jpg

Warning.  I'm going to swear.  Mods please do as you will.  Sorry.

Jesus fucking god. that knee looks terrible.  And that's her GOOD knee.

This is a wakeup call that will be ignored.  That knee is waaaaaaay  bigger than the hot tub scene of the infamous ski boot incident.

I strangely love all of this.

• Love 4