Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/15/2017 at 6:33 PM, auntjess said:

I consider that a classic scene from this show.

Whitney not loving cake

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

Edited by Dot
  • Love 15

I had to go back and watch that scene again. She literally had not finished chewing the previous bite before shoving the next one in.  She wasn't even taking the time to enjoy the cake, just shoving it into her pig troff. It was almost like she was so starved for food she just couldn't get it down fast enough. I remember my cake tasting and i took the time to enjoy my cake cuz it was freaking delicious! 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, AmyB said:

She literally had not finished chewing the previous bite before shoving the next one in.  She wasn't even taking the time to enjoy the cake, just shoving it into her pig troff.

It's called cake TASTING for a reason. You should be able to actually TASTE it ;) I doubt Whitney even let the cake particles linger over her taste buds long enough to ascertain the flavor of the cake.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Dot said:

Whitney not loving cake

imageproxy_kindlephoto-147733440.jpg

Ok, I just want to watch that episode again.  Season 3 but which episode.  And what is with the tongue?  Keep it in your head Whit!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Ok, I just want to watch that episode again.  Season 3 but which episode.  And what is with the tongue?  Keep it in your head Whit!

Episode 7 (fat jokes - the one with the comedian) The cake tasting is at the beginning right after her ballroom with her parents.  

I guess we're all still hangin' out here, marking time till we find out if there's a Season 5. Here's a YouTube video I happened across. The guy who produced it is a total a-hole like Cowboy Hat & Ranting Monkey. But I always find it entertaining when someone points out the hypocrisy of Twit's NoBS campaign.

• Love 2

OMG. I just saw a promo for a TLC show about morbidly obese Little People. So they have now managed to combine their tiny, tiny people with their big, big people. TLC really has no shame.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Dot said:

OMG. I just saw a promo for a TLC show about morbidly obese Little People. So they have now managed to combine their tiny, tiny people with their big, big people. TLC really has no shame.

No, they don't. They will exploit anything they think will make them a buck.

I used to think TLC — as The Learning Channel — was an upstanding channel to enjoy. But that apparently didn't get them enough viewership (which means less money from advertisers). Somewhere along the way, they discovered that the public devoured sideshows, and away they went.

They've sold their souls to the devil. No learning at all. Just exploitation. If there is a group of people with any obvious difference, they are targeted. So now their combining fat people with little people to come up with fat little people. I hate to think of what will come next.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Complexity said:

They've sold their souls to the devil. No learning at all. Just exploitation. If there is a group of people with any obvious difference, they are targeted. So now their combining fat people with little people to come up with fat little people. I hate to think of what will come next.

I agree, but an exception is the show called Two in a Million, where two people who share a very rare disease, get to meet, usually for the first time ever, someone else with the same condition, someone "who gets it."
Sometimes there are 2 children, and the families get to meet, and they always get to see a doctor who's an expert in the disease.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, auntjess said:

I agree, but an exception is the show called Two in a Million, where two people who share a very rare disease, get to meet, usually for the first time ever, someone else with the same condition, someone "who gets it."
Sometimes there are 2 children, and the families get to meet, and they always get to see a doctor who's an expert in the disease.

Good point! I saw one episode of that show. At the time, I couldn't find another episode (and the show wasn't new). I can't wait to see if there are more. I really liked it. ?

11 hours ago, Complexity said:

So now their combining fat people with little people to come up with fat little people. I hate to think of what will come next.

Anorexic giants?

• Love 5

I saw Whit post a video on FB last night and, surprise surprise, it was LENNIE showing up at her house. i will take that to mean that filming has indeed resumed and that a plot arc will have them giving it another shot, because really, there's no other reason for this.

• Love 3
Just now, tdanaher said:

I saw Whit post a video on FB last night and, surprise surprise, it was LENNIE showing up at her house. i will take that to mean that filming has indeed resumed and that a plot arc will have them giving it another shot, because really, there's no other reason for this.

Lennie must be desperate for money. I guess being a mediocre artist in a small city is exactly as lucrative a career as I would have thought. *cough*

• Love 4

Anyone missing the sound of her guffaws will definitely enjoy this return of Lennie/Nathan. She calls him "Lennie," then "Nathan," then "Lennie," then "Nathan." And finally exclaims to the camera "You know his name is really Nathan, right?" Too much trouble to keep the name straight, I guess, unless TLC is paying for it.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

Lennie must be desperate for money. I guess being a mediocre artist in a small city is exactly as lucrative a career as I would have thought. *cough*

Not to mention how desperate TLC must be to show how senshus Twit is since she has been totally unable to find a love interest for the show even tho she's enrolled on a half-dozen on-line dating sites. It's either put Lennie back under contract or film Twit starting to hump the furniture.

BTW, I think Buddy has left the building. His name is never mentioned, much less is he shown cavorting with Twit and the other Boo, Donna.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

Not to mention how desperate TLC must be to show how senshus Twit is since she has been totally unable to find a love interest for the show even tho she's enrolled on a half-dozen on-line dating sites.

How quickly you forget the hot and heavy one-and-one-eighth dates Whit had with her cousin! <sitcom crowd WOOOOO>

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, Dot said:

BTW, I think Buddy has left the building.

Hopefully he's in rehab somewhere, drying out and losing some weight in the process.  And getting some therapy as to how he ended up in this situation to begin with.

• Love 10
On 5/17/2017 at 1:22 PM, ClareWalks said:

It's called cake TASTING for a reason. You should be able to actually TASTE it ;) I doubt Whitney even let the cake particles linger over her taste buds long enough to ascertain the flavor of the cake.

Right? If I didn't know any better I'd have thought she was in a cake eating contest, not a cake tasting.

Fine desserts are meant to be savored. Occasionally I get a slice of cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory (and share the slice because I know a full slice is 840 calories). It usually takes me 20 minutes to enjoy all 420 calories of deliciousness.

• Love 6
On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎18 at 11:15 AM, ClareWalks said:

Twit dumped him. So if she/the producers wanted him back, it's just a double rainbow.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Twit dumped him. So if she/the producers wanted him back, it's just a double rainbow.

Did she?  Did she really?

The way he jerked his leg away from her when she touched it during the first reunion show tells me something different.  I would love to know what was involved in the negotiations to bring him back.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Did she?  Did she really?

The way he jerked his leg away from her when she touched it during the first reunion show tells me something different.  I would love to know what was involved in the negotiations to bring him back.

The guy works at A.C. Moore.  I doubt it would take much beyond $10 bucks an hour and a script for valium.

• Love 5
(edited)

Who can forget Whitney at the 3rd season reunion, putting her hand on Nathan's thigh, looking up at him with heart eyes, and asking in a tremulous voice, "So are you saying, here on national television, that  you want to get back together with me?" And he softly replies, "Uh, no."

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 10
(edited)

Aaaaand, she's near naked again on social media....

This all reeks of 'how to take the best selfie' tips.

Overhead shot?  Yup.

Full makeup and photoshop? Yup.

Massive crop? Yup.

#NOBS

18582414_10102891239075808_3477376633801664483_n.jpg

Edited by qqererer
7 minutes ago, qqererer said:

To me, this reeks of going for the fat fetish trade.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, qqererer said:

Overhead shot?  Yup.

Full makeup and photoshop? Yup.

Massive crop? Yup.

#NOBS

18582414_10102891239075808_3477376633801664483_n.jpg

This is actually an old photo from a photo shoot she did a few years ago. She has a tendency to post older photos. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AmyB said:

She has a tendency to post older photos. 

And then to bask in the outpouring of fan comments of how beee you tee ful she is with never a word about how old the picture is.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

And then to bask in the outpouring of fan comments of how beee you tee ful she is with never a word about how old the picture is.

And I always LOL at the comments like "oooh you have lost so much weight!" Um, throw that VCR in rewind, more like it.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

And I always LOL at the comments like "oooh you have lost so much weight!" Um, throw that VCR in rewind, more like it.

And then periodically some of her more rabid followers appear to scold those posters. That's insulting! Whitney loves her body as it is! Have you ever even WATCHED her show? It's NOT a compliment to tell someone they look like they've lost weight - it's BODY SHAMING! There is NOTHING wrong with Whitney's body! She is beautiful in everyway! How dare you imply anything else!!  Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera . . .

• Love 6
On 5/21/2017 at 3:56 PM, AmyB said:

This is actually an old photo from a photo shoot she did a few years ago. She has a tendency to post older photos. 

Fucking Fakey McFakerson-Queen of Airbrush. She obviously doesn't like who she truly is. Given this, her whole NBS campaign needs to be flushed down the toilet because it's meaningless. She's doing the same things she claims to dislike to make herself look better which negates her claims of "acceptance". 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Fucking Fakey McFakerson-Queen of Airbrush. She obviously doesn't like who she truly is. Given this, her whole NBS campaign needs to be flushed down the toilet because it's meaningless. She's doing the same things she claims to dislike to make herself look better which negates her claims of "acceptance". 

She could take a lesson from Alicia Keys, who said "I'm sick of wearing makeup, I'm just going to keep it real from now on" and she has never looked better IMO. Granted Alicia Keys doesn't have a pallor of death about her because she is probably very healthy and drinks a lot of water. When Whitney is on the show (ie: no filters/makeup, etc), she just looks greasy, dehydrated, and unhealthy (weight issues totally aside).

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

She could take a lesson from Alicia Keys, who said "I'm sick of wearing makeup, I'm just going to keep it real from now on" and she has never looked better IMO. Granted Alicia Keys doesn't have a pallor of death about her because she is probably very healthy and drinks a lot of water. When Whitney is on the show (ie: no filters/makeup, etc), she just looks greasy, dehydrated, and unhealthy (weight issues totally aside).

Speaking of Alicia Keys, and sorry completely off topic lol, she ran the NYC marathon the same year I did and my husband didn't even realize she had passed him until she was too far to get a picture :( he also missed Ethan Hawke by 10 mins cuz he had to go get lunch! But Alicia Keys is in amazing shape to run NYC. It's a touch race esp the Queensboro bridge.  Twit wouldn't even be able to run a half a mile let alone 26.2. 

• Love 1

So i just did some checking and that picture is from nov 2013.  But yet everyone wants to think this is a current photo and she has "lost" weight. Hahaha! 

• Love 5

I see that TLC's new show about morbidly obese little people, "Big & Little," premiers Wed. night. It's described it as a "journey" facilitated by a little person who is also a "fitness guru." I'm gonna watch the first episode as I'm curious as to whether it will be exploitative or inspiring.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, auntjess said:

If it's inspiring, I'm outta there.
Hey, I watch MBFFL and My 600 Lb Life, no one would believe it if I said I wanted inspiring.

Good point! LOL! But I wouldn't mind seeing a TLC show where people actually work on their weigh issues which is what I thought MBFFL was supposed to be.

• Love 1

There's that one where a trainer works with someone who's too shy tell someone they have a crush, or something like that.  Boring.
And I looked at zliving programs because someone mentioned something, maybe that new fat show with Dr.Oz, and they were showing something called Altar'd, where a fat couple loses weight before their wedding.  I think I marked one to record, just to see.

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

There's that one where a trainer works with someone who's too shy tell someone they have a crush, or something like that.  Boring.

Are you talking about Fat Chance? If so, I actually liked that show. It was funny how all the crushes ended up turning them down. Goes to show that if a guy/girl is not into you when you're a little overweight, they probably won't be into you when you lose a few pounds. Surprisingly, people are not as superficial as some think they are. It's not your weight, it's your personality (Whitney).

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, Dot said:

Not to mention how desperate TLC must be to show how senshus Twit is since she has been totally unable to find a love interest for the show even tho she's enrolled on a half-dozen on-line dating sites. It's either put Lennie back under contract or film Twit starting to hump the furniture.

But she's come up with another plan! According to the most recent video posted on the show's Facebook page, in which she answers fan questions, Whitney has become "obsessed" with acquiring a golden doodle. She wants a big dog, one she can "lay on fully."  (Apparently molesting that poor cat isn't enough contact for her.) Whitney needs to be a bit more careful about what she wishes for. Unlike Todd, a dog that feels uncomfortable and threatened by her demands to cuddle may actually bite. I know golden doodles are supposed to be loving, gentle dogs, but there is such a thing as self-defense!

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has become "obsessed" with acquiring a golden doodle. She wants a big dog, one she can "lay on fully." 

OH MY GOD, call the fucking ASPCA. This bitch could not "lay on" ANY dog "fully." Is she serious? She weighs over 350 lb!!! She could barely sit on a fuckin' horse, and even that horse had to be ENORMOUS. My brain is broken now, y'all.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney has become "obsessed" with acquiring a golden doodle. She wants a big dog, one she can "lay on fully."  (Apparently molesting that poor cat isn't enough contact for her.) Whitney needs to be a bit more careful about what she wishes for

This is sick.  There are laws against beastiality.

• Love 7

Oh please, no, not a dog.  She can't even care for the cats properly.  

Oh, and that video with Lennie just tells me there is absolutely nothing productive going on in the life of Twit outside of grasping for all the attention she can get from anyone, human or animal.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

OH MY GOD, call the fucking ASPCA. This bitch could not "lay on" ANY dog "fully." Is she serious? She weighs over 350 lb!!! She could barely sit on a fuckin' horse, and even that horse had to be ENORMOUS. My brain is broken now, y'all.

People should not lay on dogs--dogs get to lay on people, period, end of discussion. Not even a mastiff would be large enough. 

And as mentioned, most dogs to not like hugs, to be laid upon, or otherwise confined by people (there are exceptions of course). 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

How do we change the thread title?  Because this right here is the recurring theme.

If y'all want it, I can change it to "Social Media: What the Fuck is Wrong With Her?".

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

If y'all want it, I can change it to "Social Media: What the Fuck is Wrong With Her?".

As the thread originator I would have totally founded this thread with that title if I'd known it was allowed, so I am all for the change! ;)

• Love 7