Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, leighroda said:

Like I said, I wasn't saying it's not an issue, it just isn't the issue she is making it out to be..

Not only that, it's disrespectful (and potentially deleterious) to people with actual disabilities. There is literally no single other unhealthy lifestyle choice that is given as much leeway as obesity. Can you imagine a smoker requesting a handicapped parking pass? 

I get that losing weight is hard--I've done it!--but that doesn't mean people who choose not to do that work deserve legal protections designed for people who can't make a different choice. I get that this is an unpopular opinion but I stand behind it. Whitney is only disabled because she chooses to be. Point blank period.[/Tami.]

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Pachengala said:

There is literally no single other unhealthy lifestyle choice that is given as much leeway as obesity. Can you imagine a smoker requesting a handicapped parking pass? 

You make a good point. I'm sure there are smokers with emphysema who get parking passes, but the whole "your addiction is treated differently" is a point. If someone tests positive for a bit of marijuana, they can be fired. Nobody would call it discrimination against addicts (although they might consider it extreme, depending on their legalize-it stance). If a food addiction leads to physical issues that make performing the job difficult or impossible, the person should lose (or not get) the job. The reason I use the addiction comparison is because Whitney does it herself so often, yet she claims she is not addicted to food. Sure, Whit. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, TurtlePower said:

This shit show has been renewed? Not going to support the ratings unless previews show a change of direction. 

I don't know. None of the other sites that report renewals/cancellations have this info. They still have it as neither renewed or cancelled. Nor does the TLC website. And this one site seems to be dated February, 2017. I still have hope this isn't going to happen!

Updated on May 12: her fans keep asking her on Facebook when the new season will start, and she is silent in response. So I'm going with "definitely hasn't been renewed yet." 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

You make a good point. I'm sure there are smokers with emphysema who get parking passes, but the whole "your addiction is treated differently" is a point. 

That's just it. There are illnesses and disability that result from poor choices like smoking and obesity, and those require medical care. But unlike smoking, or drinking too much, or not wearing one's seatbelt, or a million other things that threaten health, obesity is the only one with not just one but multiple acceptance-advocacy groups. Whitney doesn't just want to eat herself disabled, she wants society to approve of that choice. It baffles me.

Edited to ask re: the cancellation discussion: am I mistaken in my thought that MBFFL is, even with its middling rating, one of TLC's higher-rated shows? 

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Whitney doesn't just want to eat herself disabled, she wants society to approve of that choice. It baffles me.

Yes gawd. Honestly, it's just going to be up to Whitney to decide that she doesn't give a fuck if society approves or not. Example: I was not able to breastfeed. I was sick when I went into labor and became way sicker afterward, and the stress caused me to not eat and drink and I lost 20 pounds in 10 days after returning home from the hospital. My milk supply dwindled and I had panic attacks about pumping yet again for 45 minutes at a time to get one measly ounce. Was I judged by "breast is best, no matter what" women? Was I told I gave up too easily? Absolutely. But what's the point of getting so defensive about it? I felt guilty as it was, just personally. I decided it would be pointless to give a shit what lactivists had to say about my choice to quit. If Whitney is so convinced that she is healthy, why does she care if some people don't like it? That's how it becomes so obvious that she KNOWS she is full of shit, and that her health is deteriorating. If she truly felt confident and healthy, she wouldn't care what anyone else had to say about it.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

If Whitney is so convinced that she is healthy, why does she care if some people don't like it? That's how it becomes so obvious that she KNOWS she is full of shit, and that her health is deteriorating. If she truly felt confident and healthy, she wouldn't care what anyone else had to say about it.

You have succinctly stated the reason MBFFL is so annoying for me. When I first tuned in, I thought I was going to see a narrative about a young woman who realized she had let herself go & was working hard to undo the damage, while refusing to let her size keep her from getting around & about. Instead I get this glorification of morbid obesity, including a campaign to glorify it complete with public appearances sponsored by colleges & organizations who should know better.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

As an example, I liked her personality in the first season of this show and was rooting for her. Whit was very likable and funny, she could have done so much with that. Now? I can't tell if she was nice to begin with and "reality" TV changed her, or if she was just a mean girl in hiding. 

I vote for Door Number Two. Actually, I never thought she was either likeable or funny. And she showed her true self less than 15 minutes into the very first episode when she whined at length that her parents weren't paying enuf attention to HER because they were complimenting Todd on his dance moves instead of HER when they should have been watching only HER.

• Love 12
On 5/10/2017 at 11:10 PM, Pachengala said:

Not only that, it's disrespectful (and potentially deleterious) to people with actual disabilities. There is literally no single other unhealthy lifestyle choice that is given as much leeway as obesity. Can you imagine a smoker requesting a handicapped parking pass? 

I get that losing weight is hard--I've done it!--but that doesn't mean people who choose not to do that work deserve legal protections designed for people who can't make a different choice. I get that this is an unpopular opinion but I stand behind it. Whitney is only disabled because she chooses to be. Point blank period.[/Tami.]

I am inclined to agree.  

Also, in regards to employers not wanting to hire people who are overweight, I will say that my morbidly obese co workers take literally 5 times the amount of sick days as anyone else. While I don't think anyone should be discriminated against, I can't blame companies for wanting to hire healthy employees. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Whitney re-tweeted this post about the new Wonder Woman movie promoting bad body image because it partnered with Think Thin protein bars. More "you're a special snowflake" garbage and "you're already Wonder Woman" drivel. No--pretty sure this actress had to work super hard to play this character, probably training several hours a day. But hey, everyone's special and it hurts their feelings to see the words Think Thin on protein bars. 

If the words Think Thin hurt your feelings, you're not superhero material anyways. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Dramatic effect
  • Love 3
22 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Whitney re-tweeted this post about the new Wonder Woman movie promoting bad body image because it partnered with Think Thin protein bars. More "you're a special snowflake" garbage and "you're already Wonder Woman" drivel. No--pretty sure this actress had to work super hard to play this character, probably training several hours a day. But hey, everyone's special and it hurts their feelings to see the words Think Thin on protein bars. 

If the words Think Thin hurt your feelings, you're not superhero material anyways. 

Oh yeah, I saw that Whitney was offended by that. Christ almighty. Of COURSE Wonder Woman would eat protein bars. She is buff. Who gives a crap what they say on the label? They have to pander to the tens of millions of American women who wouldn't mind being a bit thinner. They want to sell protein bars. She can protest that if she wants, but the main way to protest it is by not buying them. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

Oh yeah, I saw that Whitney was offended by that. Christ almighty. Of COURSE Wonder Woman would eat protein bars. She is buff. Who gives a crap what they say on the label? They have to pander to the tens of millions of American women who wouldn't mind being a bit thinner. They want to sell protein bars. She can protest that if she wants, but the main way to protest it is by not buying them. 

The other thing that bothers me about that kind of mentality is that one can stand out and be elite without doing the necessary work and commitment. Right up Whitney's alley. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Once again, @ClareWalks, you make the excellent point that if Twit were really comfy in her own 400# body, she wouldn't care about stuff like this. She exemplifies the word poseur.

• Love 7
On 5/11/2017 at 7:25 AM, Pachengala said:

Edited to ask re: the cancellation discussion: am I mistaken in my thought that MBFFL is, even with its middling rating, one of TLC's higher-rated shows? 

I've been trying to find an answer to your question, but suffice it to say, TLC apparently keeps info about how popular its shows are pretty close to its vest. I saw one site which ranked MBFFL as TLC's #6 most popular, but that ranking was based on voting by the site's followers, so that's a rather small, suspect sampling.

MBFFL seems to average about 800,000 viewers per episode. That seems a small number to me, but maybe in cable world, it's enuf to keep renewing the show. I dunno.

• Love 1

So, for all the crying "discrimination" Whit does, she essentially is doing the exact same thing. She doesn't look at the ability or reasoning for things, she just automatically thinks things should be given to fat people because they bear the burden of being overweight... we'll actually she doesn't even care about other fat people, she probably thinks she is the one who should get all the rolls (I'm aware I spelled that wrong, I was going to correct it but then decided it was a happy mistake and kept it). 

For the love, this may not be a popular opinion, but I am so over all of this all-inclusive stuff. Just because any one person doesn't fit the criteria for something does not mean discrimination. I could try out to be a rockette, and be turned away (oh and I definitely would be turned away for reasons other than my height) because I'm 5'5"... they are not discriminating short people (although 5'5" is average, not short) they have a criteria and it's ok that not everyone fits it. There are hair and beauty product for African Americans, they are not discriminating by not making a product line for every other ethnicity. Just because Whitney doesn't get something does not mean they are discriminating against fat people, she just wasn't right for the job. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, leighroda said:

we'll actually she doesn't even care about other fat people, she probably thinks she is the one who should get all the rolls (I'm aware I spelled that wrong, I was going to correct it but then decided it was a happy mistake and kept it). 

I didn't even know it was a typo, I just assumed there was some sort of tradition where somehow Whitney would get to eat all the rolls on the dinner table ;)

Here's a corollary for ya: I'm tall for a chick, about 5'11. Not insane, "wow" when I walk in the room tall, but tall enough that stores rarely stock my length of inseam or shirts with long enough sleeves (this is why I famously wear tank tops all year long). Coats are especially impossible, although I recently got one made for tall folks on sale (again, online). I could be like Whitney and lodge complaints left and right about how stores should be accommodating people my size...or I can find what works for me (usually online), shrug, and move the hell on. I choose the latter. The only difference is, I cannot change my height in either direction, and Whitney could change her weight - but Whitney seems to deny the possibility of fat women losing weight because it doesn't fit her personal narrative. I feel bad for anyone in her group of friends who tries to lose a few pounds. She seems to push them away.

• Love 7

Twitney eating all the rolls!!!  

Thanks for the first laugh of the day,  leighrhoda and Clarewalks. 

Re: the cartoon referenced above....I've had that idea-- to just accept myself and the hell with everything and everyone else, but then I realize that I want to look better in my clothes, and new styles.

Oh, and be healthy, easily mobile, live longer,  and enjoy life, not just food.

I think it boils down to self-respect. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Tosia said:

to just accept myself and the hell with everything and everyone else, but then I realize that I want to look better in my clothes, and new styles.

Oh, and be healthy, easily mobile, live longer,  and enjoy life, not just food.

I think it boils down to self-respect. 

Well said, Tosia

I was just reading an article about Lena Dunham and the apparent uproar her fitness program/weight loss has caused with her fans.   They interviewed her personal trainer and the trainer went on and on about how Lena's weight loss was absolutely NOT to change her body, she did it only to improve her health.  I'm sure some of this explanation is a result of Lena being so outspoken about her body and how she didn't give a shit about how she looked and what people thought of her body, etc.  

But I thought to myself, why doesn't she admit that in addition to wanting to be healthier,  that she also wanted to look better?  As often as she is photographed, I'm sure she has seen pictures of herself that caused her to say "yikes,  hope that was a bad angle" (like I've said to myself more that once, with my short legs, a good angle is crucial!)  I think it would be so inspiring for her to say "Hey guys, you know what, I was tired of the way I looked and how my clothes fit and decided to do something about it and there's nothing wrong with that."   

Edited by Summer
  • Love 5

I think a huge part of the problem is that people are making weight about looks, and not about health. Or even about just feeling more energetic. All this fat acceptance is about "fat people shouldn't be judged for their looks." It's about women thinking they're beautiful at any size. Great, fine, dandy, and if you FEEL great at that size, you do you, sister. IMO women are overly concerned in general with what their bodies look like, when they should be focusing on *what their bodies can do.* When my son is school-age and I have a bit more free time, I'd love to start a fun workout program for preteen and teen girls that teaches positive body image...meaning, we focus on what our bodies can do, and the hell with what they look like. You gotta get 'em while they're young, or they'll just end up inheriting whatever shitty mentality their moms have (happy mother's day, everyone! LOL). ;)

• Love 7

After watching Melissa McCarthy on SNL last night, I realized that you could put her in a "fat suit" and have her do a scathing take-off of Whitney Way Thore. If more people knew who Whitney was, it could work. 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, okerry said:

After watching Melissa McCarthy on SNL last night, I realized that you could put her in a "fat suit" and have her do a scathing take-off of Whitney Way Thore. If more people knew who Whitney was, it could work. 

Given Twit's Z-list celebrity, it makes more sense for her to lose 200# & do a take-off of Melissa. Who, BTW, epitomizes the notion of "fat yet fit," "fat and beautiful," and she lost 50# to get to there. Twit's fans should take heed as to who is the better example.

• Love 5

Maybe this is why Twit can't find a man?? I mean seriosuly who is this obsessed with their cat? I love my kitty but I would not want to smell his breathe, he licks his ass! I am still creaped out my her makeout session with her cat too!  Maybe she should marry her cat. 

IMG_5041.JPG

• Love 1

The cat breath thing is so beyond fucked up, and yet she seems to have NO self-consciousness about it. It is but one example of many areas of her life that are similarly unrelatable.

• Love 2

And she posted a pic after that with her and donna in the DR with the location tag. People think she is there now. It's clearly from the cruise in december. You can see the front of the cruise ship in the corner of the picture. People are sooo gullible these days.  i am going to almost guess they are not filming right now given her level of sm presence currenrly. 

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

i am going to almost guess they are not filming right now given her level of sm presence currenrly. 

ITA. Twit obviously has nothing better to do. I mean, why would she exercise, see a dietician to outline a food plan, talk to her doctor about how her weight is affecting her health, etc., when she can otherwise spend the day on SM posting naked videos & year-old photos?

A question for you, @AmyB. I know you posted earlier that filming for a new season would begin May 6. Since that obviously hasn't happened, what was your source for that info?

If there were a Season 5 in the works, Twit would be crowing it from the SM rooftops. And she isn't. Curious.

I'm starting to think there's a contract dispute going on. Maybe TLC finally is beginning to feel some responsibility for hyping the NoBS hypocrisy & is insisting that Twit must show more of her REAL life -- since that's what is supposedly being filmed. Such as eating. Or being told by a doc that she has Diabetes 2.

The TLC website advertises a party in Chicago on July 16 where fans can meet their favorite "stars." I'm guessing Twit's presence -- or not -- will tell the tale as to renewal.

Edited by Dot
correct auto-correct
  • Love 1

@Dot from the radio show. They mentioned several times on the radio that tlc had contacted them about a being on the new season and maney said filming starts on may 6.  I haven't been listening to radio show much the last week but now listening to the podcasts. They did hire a new producer (nicole).  I mean they maybe filming and just being on the very dl but I doubt it cuz there is always something floating out there. I wish I could go to chicago! I have too much going on in july already! 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Dot said:

ITA. Twit obviously has nothing better to do. I mean, why would she exercise, see a dietician to outline a food plan, talk to her doctor about how her weight is affecting her health, etc., when she can otherwise spend the day on SM posting naked videos & year-old photos?

Or, heaven forbid, she could get a job.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Or, heaven forbid, she could get a job.

There you go with your thin privilege and your shaming again! ;) Seriously, this chick has got to just get a damn job already. At least in fetish porn. If she's going to take pictures of herself naked all day long, she might as well get paid to do it. She is so sensus after all.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

At least in fetish porn.

I must admit that there are times in which I think she already is in the fetish porn business

• naked/nearly naked on screen, with friends, with parents
  • asking Roy to touch her BF-F (big fat not fabulous) body on day 1
  • wearing sheets in the closet (me thinks her secret is out of the closet by now)
  • making out with her cat
  • and the list goes on...
  • Love 4
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Complexity said:

I must admit that there are times in which I think she already is in the fetish porn business

• naked/nearly naked on screen, with friends, with parents
  • asking Roy to touch her BF-F (big fat not fabulous) body on day 1
  • wearing sheets in the closet (me thinks her secret is out of the closet by now)
  • making out with her cat
  • and the list goes on...

I'd add (1) that video with Fitty Smallz, which to an ol' lady like me, is nothing short of soft porn. Also, (2) forcing Tal to straddle her, then kiss her in the B-roll footage on the MBFFL FB page.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 6

Ok listening to the MRL podcast for 5/10/17 and they mentioned the tv show is coming back again. Its right in the beginning of the radio show. So we shall see. 

Her obsession with cat breath is borderline psychotic... I have a cat and I do my best to avoid smelling her breath, if she starts to yawn near my face I will turn away... I also don't make out with my cast, so there's that.

• Love 4

So I thought I'd google smelling cat breath to see if there was a fetish in which I was unaware. You know how google offers common search phrases at the bottom of a search list? Here's what it gave me for smelling cat breath:

• cat breath smells like fish
  • cat bad breath home remedy
  • cat breath smells like rotten meat
  • cat's breath smells like poop
  • kitten bad breath
  • cat bad breath kidney disease
  • cat bad breath and sneezing
  • cat has bad breath and drooling

Ewwwwww! And double ewwwwwww!!! ?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, BCDL said:

mmmm......cat breath....

I LOVED Babs' reaction when Twit said, "I personally don't love cupcakes." A definite competitor with Anderson Cooper's eyeroll! Especially since we all saw Twit plowing into the cakes produced as samples for her parents'  birthday party. What, Twit? Do you think we can't see what size you are?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, AmyB said:

Ok listening to the MRL podcast for 5/10/17 and they mentioned the tv show is coming back again. Its right in the beginning of the radio show. So we shall see. 

I just listened to this and had to laugh when Roy assured the Big Boss (who was grousing about how inconvenient having the TLC crew around was) that doing the show was worth it for the exposure. "How are the ratings," asked the Big Boss. "Are they as good as 'Nineteen and Counting?'" And Roy assures him that they are, even better! It's one of the highest rated shows on TLC, he believes! Was he pranking the Big Boss? Or is it possible he doesn't know that Nineteen and Counting was yanked off the air two and a half years ago in the middle of a huge child molesting scandal?

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Dot said:

I LOVED Babs' reaction when Twit said, "I personally don't love cupcakes." A definite competitor with Anderson Cooper's eyeroll! Especially since we all saw Twit plowing into the cakes produced as samples for her parents'  birthday party. What, Twit? Do you think we can't see what size you are?

You forgot the second half of the quote " I personally don't love cupcake... f individual servings... give me the full cake"

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

I just listened to this and had to laugh when Roy assured the Big Boss (who was grousing about how inconvenient having the TLC crew around was) that doing the show was worth it for the exposure. "How are the ratings," asked the Big Boss. "Are they as good as 'Nineteen and Counting?'" And Roy assures him that they are, even better! It's one of the highest rated shows on TLC, he believes! Was he pranking the Big Boss? Or is it possible he doesn't know that Nineteen and Counting was yanked off the air two and a half years ago in the middle of a huge child molesting scandal?

How I didn't i not catch that lol. Who knows. Could be or could be they really don't pay that much attention. Or could even be lumping Counting On into the 19 and counting maybe. Roy has said several times he doesn't have cable so he may not even know the correct name. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Word. I'd hate to see how she tears through a food she DOES like. If she eats that many hundreds (or thousands) of calories of a food she isn't really into, imagine how she is with that pizza she loves so much.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Complexity said:

So I thought I'd google smelling cat breath to see if there was a fetish in which I was unaware. You know how google offers common search phrases at the bottom of a search list? Here's what it gave me for smelling cat breath:

Is it on youtube?  If not, here's a niche for her.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

Especially since we all saw Twit plowing into the cakes produced as samples for her parents'  birthday party.

I consider that a classic scene from this show.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Is it on youtube?  If not, here's a niche for her.

I have no idea. All the links that came up were about how to fix a cat's bad smelling breath that I couldn't find anything else.

Just the thought of looking at videos for a cat breath smelling fetish makes me somewhat nauseous so I'll leave that search for someone else to do. I don't think my stomach could handle it! ?

58 minutes ago, Complexity said:

Just the thought of looking at videos for a cat breath smelling fetish makes me somewhat nauseous so I'll leave that search for someone else to do. I don't think my stomach could handle it! ?

Do you think that someone with youtube monitors the requests, and says "hey, here's a niche we missed.  Know any cat-breath smellers"  And maybe they can do it naked."

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, auntjess said:

Do you think that someone with youtube monitors the requests, and says "hey, here's a niche we missed.  Know any cat-breath smellers"  And maybe they can do it naked."

Umm... no. ?

• Love 1
On 5/15/2017 at 7:49 PM, Dot said:

And again after Dad said he didn't like sweets and Twit chimed it that she gets it from her dad. Babs' expression was all "bitch please". 

• Love 4

If Twit "doesn't like" sweets, then  what foods made her so fat?  

Twit cannot live by pizza alone. Even with  3 different apps for home delivery.  (I bet she mskes Donna answer the door for the pizza guy.)

Ummm, ranch dressing?  

Specialty coffee drinks?  --which we know are FULL of sugar and fats. 

Numeroua cake tastings?  

BIG cookies from Starbux?  

No, no sweets, just processed, full-fat food in general.

Right, bee-otch.  

• Love 3

A scene I remember, last season I think, was the huge bowl of cereal, something with colors so probably sweetened, and then she poured milk on it.
I'd thought she was having dry cereal for a snack, but no.

• Love 1