Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Big Buddha Brawl

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Megan loves to think she's so cool! The problem is being a Republican that's so hypocritical in their actions and words! They're whining about the media, but loved how they harangued the Clintons! Now that they're getting a taste with the treacherous "right" in the Russian pocket of Putin, it's all "fake news!" They're all idiots! ;-(

Now I am offended.  Not cool.  Maybe you shouldn't bring politics up on a site about Real Housewives.

• Love 10

That whole convo was kind of messed up. I assume PK meant something like, "Aw, I wish she had told us because if she had we would have handled her with kid gloves knowing how fragile she was at the time."

But the way he said it actually sounded a little accusatory, as though Rinna/Eileen were deliberately withholding info so they'd all act like their ordinary British-humored selves and then look kind of dickish for having done that. I don't know which version I believe. Maybe some combo of both.

And Eileen wants us to be sure to understand that she is mad at Lisa for some other legitimate reason, and not because her mother died, but purely because she has a REASON to be mad at Lisa!  So much so that she schedules a date to explain that. Because God forbid we should not get that she's got an actual legitimate reason to be mad at Lisa. So much defensiveness -- it's like Freud was having a two for one sale: Buy "projection" get "displacement" free!

Defensive people generally have something to defend, and in this case I doubt it's a glib question from the resident Brit humor expert, and probably something that hits a little closer to home. IMO.

4 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Nope sorry.  Pantygate blame obviously is the work of master manipulator LVP.

She's so good none of us saw it.... 

Lisa is now so good at it that she does it even when she's not doing it. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Nope sorry.  Pantygate blame obviously is the work of master manipulator LVP.

She's so good none of us saw it.... 

Come to think of it, that white party was at Pump and hosted by the Daily Fail, so LVP probably colluded with the British press to insist on everyone wearing white....it WAS LVP's doing! LOL!

• Love 6

I cannot believe the number of Ericka haters up in here! And the level of vitriol! Bums me out.

That said, she totally DID overreact to Eileen (and has since owned up as such) - I think she was at wit's motherfucking END because of Dorit and totally lashed out inappropriately in the heat of the moment.

But she had Dorit's number SOLIDLY in hand - Dorit can't constantly keep tabs on the number of compliments and confidences Ericka brings her into and then turn around and pretend like she doesn't care if Ericka doesn't like her! Absurd.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Snappy said:

I don't believe anyone is inferring Erika "asked" for anything. If I am interpreting comments correctly, the train of thought seems more, "Erika told Dorit everything was okay, so why keep rehashing pantygate now?". As for Erika, I personally don't think she set out to intentionally flash anyone, but as a supposedly intelligent, 40 + yo woman, she should know that the potential for flashing did exist by not wearing undies with a short dress. Also, by announcing she wasn't wearing undies, she (possibly unintentionally) drew attention to her nether regions.

No, she hasn't asked for anything, but she sure hasn't shown any foresight or thought about the consequences of "doing A, but getting a totally different letter" in response.

Just like a guy that rides a motorcycle w/o a helmet.

The idiot that texts while they drive.

How's about driving when drunk?

These days, no one WANTS to accept the responsibilities of their actions.

If you break into a house and get shot? Sue the homeowner.

You get suspended from school or work for being stupid? Hire a lawyer!

Skateboard in the middle of the street? Sue the driver that hit you while you were doing ollies.

Since EJ has the 'sixth sense' and KNOWS people are thinking she is cheap or tawdry (Cunty?), that is HER  problem. She has no control over how people perceive her, only how she presents herself and her lifestyle. I don't have to like anything about anyone else - that is my cha-cha.

I haven't read ANY post where anyone has wished physical harm to another HW.

At the most? We want them to get hit by the doorknob in the culo on the way out.

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

That whole convo was kind of messed up. I assume PK meant something like, "Aw, I wish she had told us because if she had we would have handled her with kid gloves knowing how fragile she was at the time."

But the way he said it actually sounded a little accusatory, as though Rinna/Eileen were deliberately withholding info so they'd all act like their ordinary British-humored selves and then look kind of dickish for having done that. I don't know which version I believe. Maybe some combo of both.

And Eileen wants us to be sure to understand that she is mad at Lisa for some other legitimate reason, and not because her mother died, but purely because she has a REASON to be mad at Lisa!  So much so that she schedules a date to explain that. Because God forbid we should not get that she's got an actual legitimate reason to be mad at Lisa. So much defensiveness -- it's like Freud was having a two for one sale: Buy "projection" get "displacement" free!

Defensive people generally have something to defend, and in this case I doubt it's a glib question from the resident Brit humor expert, and probably something that hits a little closer to home. IMO.

There is a reason and it was an epiphany over her father dying, that Rinna doesn't disclose the reason behind the fight between she and LVP.  Can youimagine telling someone: 

Rinna: I am angry at LVP because she told me to bring Kyle into it and then denied it. 

PK or Dorit:  Did you bring Kyle into it?

Rinna:  No

PK or Dorit:  Is Kyle mad at LVP for saying that to you?

Rinna:  Well no she isn't but Kyle's a forgiving person and she has a leveraged friendship with LVP.

How stupid does that sound.

Eileen:  I am mad at LVP because she asked, "Is that when the affair with your husband began?"

PK or Dorit:  Did you have an affair?

Eileen:  Why yes we were both married to other people. But LVP dismissed my feelings.

PK or Dorit:  Did she apologize?

Eileen:  Yes, four times but they weren't sincere enough.

PK or Dorit: Did you tell her that or accept the apologies?

Eileen:  Well I accepted them and then recanted behind her back.

Again when they get down to the meat of their beef, it just sounds trivial.  They both needed storylines.  So it becomes PK and Dorit's fault for not understanding why they are mad at LVP and at the same time they won't say because it sounds trivial and they both look a little goofy.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

That’s Inscrotumtary eyeslaughter.

And now  I have vivid imagination psychosis.

giphy.gif

Thanks xxlt, thanks a lot

You are welcome?

I cannot take credit for the term. It came from an episode of "Ridiculousness".

You can guess what the videos were about?

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Skateboard in the middle of the street? Sue the driver that hit you while you were doing ollies.

I never thought there's be ollie talk on this board.  Thanks, EDE!!  That killed me, and I agree with your post, especially about the doorknob!

• Love 7

Erika couldn't pick a lane in this argument. She was claiming that she had no problem with Dorit while also saying 'you think I'm going to like you after the panty incident' and he prattled off stuff that she didn't like about Dorit. She has admittedly not warmed up to Dorit and clearly wasn't over the panty thing yet she's defending herself against Dorit's perception of her being cold when that's mostly what she's given Dorit. That one conversation exposed that Erika isn't as real or honest as she like to think she is...which makes her no different than any of the women she's sitting with on that boat though. Dorit has been searching too hard for any signs with Erika to hold on to in hopes that maybe there's some progress toward some sort of friendship. It's not there Dorit. Stop trying. Even though I think Erika's perception of Dorit's comments are heavily tainted by her bias against Dorit, Dorit does talk too much. 

Eileen was right and Dorit was right...they were just talking about different things. Eileen warned Dorit after the fact that she thought Erika's feelings were hurt. Before the incident, every single one of the women laughed at the joke and made comments about wanting to be there for it and thinking it'll be a good laugh. Dorit can't blame the other women for making her do it, but the other women are acting like what Dorit did was absolutely horrible though they thought it was laugh. 

Dorit said of course she would apologize if she hurt someone's feelings but I don't recall hearing an apology when Erika point blank said that Dorit hurt her feelings. I can't recall if Dorit ever apologized way back when this topic was actually considered 'current'. I laughed at Rinna's explanation of what made Dorit low class...Rinna would you tell that to Madonna's face? lol. Rinna just love drama. She was the only one who jumped into the argument in a harsh manner and tried to make it about herself in a way.

These women....one bunch cried over being hundreds of feet in the are on a cable and the other bunch cried over rain, lol.

All of these inferences about Erika are more magnified by Erika, not Dorit. Whatever implications to Erika's marriage, it's been given far more like by Erika than it has by Dorit. And she wants Dorit to apologize to Tom for that? Erika, shut the fuck up you idiot. Don't ever compliment your intellect ever again if you can't understand the difference between an analogy and a literal example. I can't even feel sorry for her this episode. An apology didn't matter to Erika which is why she was fine with the idiot Rinna flapping her inflated lips but immediately shot down Eileen who just wanted a resolution and move on after Erika got the apology she was looking for. Erika, don't ask for apologies if you already know you weren't ready to accept one regardless of how sincere someone is. I actually liked Erika this season and it's all unravelled in one episode because she acted like a batshit looney tune who put a ton of words in Eileen's mouth. 

Rinna....I don't like any fibre of her being. I'm waiting for something redeeming about this bitch. I don't even like violence but I think if i had to deal with her I would have to talk myself out of popping her in her face quite often. 

• Love 19
On 3/22/2017 at 8:12 AM, swankie said:

Dorit's mistake was playing a trick like that on someone she didn't know very well.  She had no way of gauging how Erika would react.  For instance, if Kyle had been the one wearing a mini skirt with no panties and Lisa Vanderpump bought her a pair as a gift the next day, Kyle would have laughed her ass off and the gesture would have been forgotten because she would have known that Lisa V did it as a joke.  Just like Dorit not knowing Erika well enough to know how she would react to the joke, Erika didn't know Dorit well enough to know that she was only joking.  The moral is:  Don't play those kinds of jokes on people you don't know very well.

Reminds me of a very common mentality from where I'm from. This was definitely a "You don't know me like that" moment. Plain and simple. That's for sure.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, itainttippithebird said:

I cannot believe the number of Ericka haters up in here! And the level of vitriol! Bums me out.

That said, she totally DID overreact to Eileen (and has since owned up as such) - I think she was at wit's motherfucking END because of Dorit and totally lashed out inappropriately in the heat of the moment.

But she had Dorit's number SOLIDLY in hand - Dorit can't constantly keep tabs on the number of compliments and confidences Ericka brings her into and then turn around and pretend like she doesn't care if Ericka doesn't like her! Absurd.

Why? People like who they like.

I initially liked Erika, then became ambivalent, and now can't stand her. My feelings on Brandi had a similar trajectory, but more extreme. I've gone back and forth on LVP. I've loved her and loathed her. I was cool on Eileen, then loved her, and now she annoys me. The one person that I've liked throughout its Kyle. Even when she's been an asshole. Some feel differently.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Normades said:

I never thought there's be ollie talk on this board.  Thanks, EDE!!  That killed me, and I agree with your post, especially about the doorknob!

LOL, I grew up in 'the valley' and couldn't skateboard to save my life.

I am just trying to keep it real?

Now that I am exposed as a fraud, any 'rail grinding' talk won't be tolerated?

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Jel said:

See, somehow you understood Eileen's point. Hard to see what Dorit found so confusing.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

See, somehow you understood Eileen's point. Hard to see what Dorit found so confusing.

The conversation didn't happen the way Eileen presented it.  Can't remember what didn't happen.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

The conversation didn't happen the way Eileen presented it.  Can't remember what didn't happen.

The conversation actually happened.  I know that because it happened on camera. I wasn't there, but I remember it just fine. I'm pretty sure if I had actually been there, participating in the conversation, I'd remember it even more clearly.  Unless I didn't want to take responsibility for something offensive I said.  In that case, I'm sure my memory would cloud over completely.

• Love 4

A ten year old girl came in from playing with the boys in the neighborhood.

When asked by her mother what she had been up to, the young girl said that she was climbing the trees in the front yard - the boys were paying her to do so.

The mother, seeing that her daughter was in a dress, told the child that the boys were merely doing it to see her underwear! The girl was shocked and promised her mother that it would never happen again.

A few days later the mom spied the girl - up in the trees again, in a dress - with the boys surrounding the trunk  looking up the young ladies skirt.

The mom, infuriated, called out to her daughter to get in the house.

When she got into the house, mom went over what she had told her before - that the boys just wanted to see her underwear.

The girl said, 'Momma I know what you said, but this time I fooled them, I DIDN'T wear any!!!!"

• Love 6
1 hour ago, NewGranny said:

Now I am offended.  Not cool.  Maybe you shouldn't bring politics up on a site about Real Housewives.

Argh, I can't link to the post you were responding to, but why is the name "Megan" being brought up, and seemingly less than 24 hours ago? Is this Megan Edwards previously of the OC? The cool-stepmom? Where are we?

13 hours ago, lunastartron said:

You're correct.

She also agreed that Dorit's interpretation of Erika intentionally going commando to entice was not unreasonable: "It almost looks like you're doing something on purpose."

And called it "The Crotch Chronicles."

The Pussy Papers?

The Mons Matter?

The Introitus Incident?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, itainttippithebird said:

I've always been on Team Erika but my gosh, SO uncalled for. Remember when Erika was auditioning for YATR and she said something like, "I could never be mean to Eileen" (in reference to the character who was kinda mean). Well, clearly she can. I get where Erika was coming from as most of my family (including me) work in public safety but the world cannot cater to everyone's sensitivities. Eileen clearly did not mean to upset Erika and Erika's subsequent and ongoing attack on Eileen was vicious--when did she make amends? 

Agree about Dorit. Dorit obviously does care if Erika likes her because, as you said, she's keeping tabs. And incorrectly at that, Erika has paid her many compliments. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Granimal said:

Argh, I can't link to the post you were responding to, but why is the name "Megan" being brought up, and seemingly less than 24 hours ago? Is this Megan Edwards previously of the OC? The cool-stepmom? Where are we?

Megan McCain.  I think that she was on WWHL.

3 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

The conversation actually happened.  I know that because it happened on camera. I wasn't there, but I remember it just fine. I'm pretty sure if I had actually been there, participating in the conversation, I'd remember it even more clearly.  Unless I didn't want to take responsibility for something offensive I said.  In that case, I'm sure my memory would cloud over completely.

I guess I am curious when during the dinner party PK or Dorit said, Eileen's beef with LVP was because she was grieving over her mother.  We know one thing no one ever said before Eileen's mother died we had a gathering. 

I have a hard time with this being a sticking point because Rinna, Erika, EDEN and Eileen keep coming up with Telephone Game and they are the ones that slightly misstate and then expect to use a "I don't remember," as a weapon against a person who doesn't have an accurate read back.

A perfect example of the misuse of the, "I don't remember," is on the junk boat and Kyle is asked something and she said, "I don't remember," and then a few seconds later, she remembers that Dorit did not make any accusation about Rinna on drugs in Mexico.  Another example is Eden making some statement about what Rinna said about Kim, "You said she was an addict close to death,"  actually she didn't.  She never used the word addict. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-12/videos/lisa-rinna-confronts-eden-sassoon Sassoon account made it sound as if Rinna had said she was using and about to OD (to me) when Rinna actual comments were a quite different. 

I believe the bigger issue is when these women are at odds with one another, they get pushed out of shape because the person they are talking to doesn't remember things according to their script.   They also use the intention and feelings a lot and if you read from the written page versus their twist it comes away differently.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Trooper York said:

I think what is lost in translation is that PK is just a pig.

Look if you catch a look at the bearded clam by accident there is only one thing to do.

Smile and mind your own business. 

I laughed at this!  I don't like PK from what I have seen of him.  If Dorit hangs around another season maybe I will see another less skeevy side of him.

I asked Mr. Natalie what he would do were he in PK's place.  He is a pretty sensitive/sweet guy who was raised by a single woman.  He said he would have said something to me quietly to let her know that she is showing something she doesn't want to and he would probably discreetly change seats so he wouldn't embarrass her.  I don't believe she intended to show her personal space and in my opinion the best way would be to let her know discreetly and NOT make a big deal about it.  If someone had lettuce in their teeth I wouldn't laugh, point it out loudly, bring it up everytime I saw the person I would tell them discreetly and move on.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I guess I am curious when during the dinner party PK or Dorit said, Eileen's beef with LVP was because she was grieving over her mother.  We know one thing no one ever said before Eileen's mother died we had a gathering. 

I have a hard time with this being a sticking point because Rinna, Erika, EDEN and Eileen keep coming up with Telephone Game and they are the ones that slightly misstate and then expect to use a "I don't remember," as a weapon against a person who doesn't have an accurate read back.

A perfect example of the misuse of the, "I don't remember," is on the junk boat and Kyle is asked something and she said, "I don't remember," and then a few seconds later, she remembers that Dorit did not make any accusation about Rinna on drugs in Mexico.  Another example is Eden making some statement about what Rinna said about Kim, "You said she was an addict close to death,"  actually she didn't.  She never used the word addict. http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/episode-12/videos/lisa-rinna-confronts-eden-sassoon Sassoon account made it sound as if Rinna had said she was using and about to OD (to me) when Rinna actual comments were a quite different. 

I believe the bigger issue is when these women are at odds with one another, they get pushed out of shape because the person they are talking to doesn't remember things according to their script.   They also use the intention and feelings a lot and if you read from the written page versus their twist it comes away differently.

blah, blah, PARTY, blah, blah COKE, blah blah blah, FUCKED UP, blah, blah.

that is what is HEARD - but in reality the sentence was, "I went to a party and spilled a coke, that was fucked up".

2 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another.

Are we sure it's for pleasure?

I am "rich" in other ways. : )

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, NewGranny said:

Megan McCain.  I think that she was on WWHL.

Oh, thank you for the context. I guess I should have paid more attention. Apparently, I didn't read the last few pages. There is (was?) a notice pinned above the forums instructing posters to not bring up US politics.  Even, if there happens to be a bit of crossover on WWHL or even the actual episode, I think this is a good rule of thumb. So, I see where you're coming from.

Anyways, I would save... oh I'm hopeless, I'd probably save them all except for Rinna. Harry Hamlin can raise the children.

And apparently Erika DOES pay attention to at least the mainstream drag community. Purse first, indeed.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kim is an addict; she'd be the first to say so.  What Rinna did was suggest that she's not clean at the moment (Saying "I think she's mostly clean" is the same thing as saying she's not clean.) Rinna literally said "Kim is this close to dying."  So I'm not sure why it's significant that she didn't use the word addict or the exact phrase "close to death".  I think most people listening to what Rinna said would, in fact, infer that Kim was using and about the OD.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You are missing my point. Which is the many people that are saying things like "she pats her puss in her professional life, so why does she care if someone looks at it any old time". Why would she care to have people comment on it, since she is so open with her sexuality in her work? Which while different because of the violence, is oddly similar to someone saying "how can she claim that her husband raped her when on any given night if feeling in the mood, she will willingly have sex with him". To me, it is just slut shaming. There is zero sympathy for her because of what she does for a living. 

I understand what you are saying and some of it has bothered me as well.  Erika Jayne is her professional life and persona.  EJ's act is sexual/sensual and she wears revealing clothing on stage.  Off stage she is Erika Girardi and dresses/behaves in another way that works for she and Tom (20 years in it has to be working to a degree).  Just because on stage she dresses/dances in a way that is sexual and gets a certain type of attention doesn't mean she wants the same attention in her real life and pervy PK salivating over vag when she was not performing was icky.  Just because its what you do for work/vanity project doesn't mean that you deserve/want the same attn when you are being yourself.  I mean Paul Reubens is NOT the same persona as Pee Wee Herman in real life.

Her dress was nice but yes you cannot wear panties with it.  I had a roommate 30 years ago that also would wear similar dresses and while it looked nice, *I* personally would feel exposed.  A friend would tell you if you were showing your wares.  An asshole teases you relentlessly and won't let it die.  It was obvious to me Erika was embarrassed.  If you want to be friends with someone you don't poor salt in the wound and continually make them feel awful.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I understand what you are saying and some of it has bothered me as well.  Erika Jayne is her professional life and persona.  EJ's act is sexual/sensual and she wears revealing clothing on stage.  Off stage she is Erika Girardi and dresses/behaves in another way that works for she and Tom (20 years in it has to be working to a degree).  Just because on stage she dresses/dances in a way that is sexual and gets a certain type of attention doesn't mean she wants the same attention in her real life and pervy PK salivating over vag when she was not performing was icky.  Just because its what you do for work/vanity project doesn't mean that you deserve/want the same attn when you are being yourself.  I mean Paul Reubens is NOT the same persona as Pee Wee Herman in real life.

Her dress was nice but yes you cannot wear panties with it.  I had a roommate 30 years ago that also would wear similar dresses and while it looked nice, *I* personally would feel exposed.  A friend would tell you if you were showing your wares.  An asshole teases you relentlessly and won't let it die.  It was obvious to me Erika was embarrassed.  If you want to be friends with someone you don't poor salt in the wound and continually make them feel awful.  

I would agree with MOTORCITYMOM65 if someone was saying, "If she didn't want to be raped, she shouldn't have worn a short skirt and no underpants." But I don't think it's "slut shaming" (a term I'm thoroughly sick of, by the way) to say that, if Erika didn't want people to either ogle or talk about her pants-less bottom, then she shouldn't wear a micro-mini with no underpants, sit with her legs open, and tell people, "Hey, I'm not wearing any underpants".  If she chooses to do those things, that's fine and dandy.  But she can't then expect people to later give a lot of credence to her flaming righteous indignation over everyone's reactions, especially when she's the one who keeps bringing it up.

• Love 20
14 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

Kim is an addict; she'd be the first to say so.  What Rinna did was suggest that she's not clean at the moment (Saying "I think she's mostly clean" is the same thing as saying she's not clean.) Rinna literally said "Kim is this close to dying."  So I'm not sure why it's significant that she didn't use the word addict or the exact phrase "close to death".  I think most people listening to what Rinna said would, in fact, infer that Kim was using and about the OD.

I agree about Rinna and the inference, even though she and Harry deny her words meant what she said.  (As I say it is all in the transcripts.)

Kim uses the word alcoholic.  I don't think she has progressed addict in reference to herself.  Don't ask me why-I just recall her correcting Andy saying I am an alcoholic when he asked about other substances.

The use of the word addict is only relevant as Rinna is now saying Dorit called her an addict.  I have not seen any evidence of the same.  I think Rinna and Eden throw the word around pretty loosely.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree about Rinna and the inference, even though she and Harry deny her words meant what she said.  (As I say it is all in the transcripts.)

Kim uses the word alcoholic.  I don't think she has progressed addict in reference to herself.  Don't ask me why-I just recall her correcting Andy saying I am an alcoholic when he asked about other substances.

The use of the word addict is only relevant as Rinna is now saying Dorit called her an addict.  I have not seen any evidence of the same.  I think Rinna and Eden throw the word around pretty loosely.

You mean they don't have Dr. in front of their names with a PhD at the end? You would think they're professors so in tune just because they have a few anecdotes dealing with their sisters who OD'd! Everyone becomes an expert after that I guess! ;-)

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

deleted

23 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I would agree with MOTORCITYMOM65 if someone was saying, "If she didn't want to be raped, she shouldn't have worn a short skirt and no underpants." But I don't think it's "slut shaming" (a term I'm thoroughly sick of, by the way) to say that, if Erika didn't want people to either ogle or talk about her pants-less bottom, then she shouldn't wear a micro-mini with no underpants, sit with her legs open, and tell people, "Hey, I'm not wearing any underpants".  If she chooses to do those things, that's fine and dandy.  But she can't then expect people to later give a lot of credence to her flaming righteous indignation over everyone's reactions, especially when she's the one who keeps bringing it up.

This did not happen Erika sat with her legs closed and a napkin over her legs, in fact the only reason it came up was because the beloved Lisa VP picked up the napkin and proceed to pretend to go up Ericka's skirt.  Let's not look for reasons to blame Ericka for PK looking up her skirt.  To say that she sat with her legs open, when the tape does not show that at all is unfair.  

Edited by Easyspreestep
deleted
  • Love 5

There was a lot of WTFness in this episode between Rinna, Erika and Dorit, but for some reason the thing that bothered me the most was Lisa V walking up 200 something steps up to the Buddha in heels. I just can't with that nonsense.

• Love 3

I think I understand Erika.  We got a glimpse into her background and things have been tough for her.  She really seems like someone doing their best to deal with real self-esteem issues.  And that stuff is hard.  I mean the real self-esteem issues that come from having to learn to comfort yourself as your forming your personality because your caregivers aren't.  It changes who you are deep inside.  It can make you feel unworthy at your very base.

It can cause you to do things like create an alternate personality who is strong and confident and can't be hurt (Erika Jane).  And you go through life trying to keep your deeply rooted vulnerabilities protected (because you don't tools to fix things if they are exposed).  Then you run into a bully like Dorit, who just won't stop picking on you.  She has been relentless.  She is constantly telling Erika and everyone else that she thinks Erika is cold; that she is the ONLY one she can't understand or get close to.  She won't let up on how Erika is sosoososo different than everyone else she has ever met . . . blah, blah, blah. . . That's just mean, ya know?  Sometimes you don't gel with someone.  No big deal, right?  But it is to Dorit, who senses vulnerability and just keeps picking at it like a mean girl. 

So Erika finally breaks down and says what anyone with low self esteem HATES to say, "You hurt my feelings".  And  . . big surprise . . . Dorit couldn't care less. 

The rest is just the fall out of that.  Erika is exposed and vulnerable, and has no way to protect herself.  What she ends up doing is trying to protect others; her husband, her son.  It isn't about them, of course.  But she doesn't feel like protecting herself is an option.  The only safe thing to do what you don't feel worthy of protecting yourself is to protect the people around you that you know are worthy.  This makes you sounds crazy, because it really is crazy. 

This episode broke my heart.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Easyspreestep said:

This did not happen Erika sat with her legs closed and a napkin over her legs, in fact the only reason it came up was because the beloved Lisa VP picked up the napkin and proceed to pretend to go up Ericka's skirt.  Let's not look for reasons to blame Ericka for PK looking up her skirt.  To say that she sat with her legs open, when the tape does not show that at all is unfair.  

In the second video in this blog, prior to LVP putting her hand on Erika's leg, Erika is clearly sitting legs uncrossed, without a napkin.  PK looks then adverts his eyes.  At no time did he "glare" like Rinna claimed.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-7/blogs/dorit-kemsley/dorit-kemsley-i-really-do-like  So it is more of a question of which tape.  Dorit and Kyle have alsomentioned getting a look but it wasn't until Erika mentions she wasn't wearing any panties it became an issue.  He really didn't look "up" her skirt. It is not as if the guy was running around with mirrors on his shoes.

Had Erika not gone to the party it would not have happened.  If PK was blind he would not have had been able to see.  If Dorit listened to Kyle she would not have bought the panties. . . . .

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I laughed at this!  I don't like PK from what I have seen of him.  If Dorit hangs around another season maybe I will see another less skeevy side of him.

I asked Mr. Natalie what he would do were he in PK's place.  He is a pretty sensitive/sweet guy who was raised by a single woman.  He said he would have said something to me quietly to let her know that she is showing something she doesn't want to and he would probably discreetly change seats so he wouldn't embarrass her.  I don't believe she intended to show her personal space and in my opinion the best way would be to let her know discreetly and NOT make a big deal about it.  If someone had lettuce in their teeth I wouldn't laugh, point it out loudly, bring it up everytime I saw the person I would tell them discreetly and move on.

You see, it's all in how you handle it.  Your husband has class.  I don't fault PK for peeking, but he should have done what you posted above or if neither he nor Dorit were comfortable telling Erika at the time, LET IT GO!!  They're all (supposed to be) adults.  I've been in that situation where I could see up a guys shorts and moved.  I am way too shy to say anything like that to someone I hardly know, but I never told another person about it.  Just chalked it up to a random accident.  

I still think Dorit (who I like) was being a passive aggressive jerk and thought this would make great tv.  I don't think she was being totally malicious and she did think the issue was resolved a while ago.  She made a passive aggressive joke at someone who could not take it, however the incident would not have happened without Erika making the choices she did, so she needs to absorb some responsibility too.  YMMV

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Easyspreestep said:

Lisa placed the napkin on Erika's uncovered upper legs after Erika told her/everyone there (including the camera crew) she wasn't wearing any underwear and Lisa's hand got no closer to Erika than the hem of Erika's dress. No one has said or implied that Erika sat there with her legs open nor has anyone, including the HWs, said that she exposed herself on purpose, everyone is in agreement that it was an accident.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

I think I understand Erika.  We got a glimpse into her background and things have been tough for her.  She really seems like someone doing their best to deal with real self-esteem issues.  And that stuff is hard.  I mean the real self-esteem issues that come from having to learn to comfort yourself as your forming your personality because your caregivers aren't.  It changes who you are deep inside.  It can make you feel unworthy at your very base.

It can cause you to do things like create an alternate personality who is strong and confident and can't be hurt (Erika Jane).  And you go through life trying to keep your deeply rooted vulnerabilities protected (because you don't tools to fix things if they are exposed).  Then you run into a bully like Dorit, who just won't stop picking on you.  She has been relentless.  She is constantly telling Erika and everyone else that she thinks Erika is cold; that she is the ONLY one she can't understand or get close to.  She won't let up on how Erika is sosoososo different than everyone else she has ever met . . . blah, blah, blah. . . That's just mean, ya know?  Sometimes you don't gel with someone.  No big deal, right?  But it is to Dorit, who senses vulnerability and just keeps picking at it like a mean girl. 

So Erika finally breaks down and says what anyone with low self esteem HATES to say, "You hurt my feelings".  And  . . big surprise . . . Dorit couldn't care less. 

The rest is just the fall out of that.  Erika is exposed and vulnerable, and has no way to protect herself.  What she ends up doing is trying to protect others; her husband, her son.  It isn't about them, of course.  But she doesn't feel like protecting herself is an option.  The only safe thing to do what you don't feel worthy of protecting yourself is to protect the people around you that you know are worthy.  This makes you sounds crazy, because it really is crazy. 

This episode broke my heart.

I recall it different Dorit tried to apologize on the boat but was cut off then again at dinner and Erika shut her down again. Sorry maybe I'm a bit.. but if I truly tried to apologize twice and you cut me off there will be no 3rd attempt. I will accept you believe what I did was unforgivable.

• Love 12
58 minutes ago, Easyspreestep said:

If her legs weren't open, then how was PK looking up her skirt?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, pbutler111 said:

If her legs weren't open, then how was PK looking up her skirt?

I think Erika is lucky enough to have some thigh gap, and with those heels she had on versus the low seating I think there was space to see.

I dont think any of them got a full view but they probably saw skin, and made a bigger deal out of it.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

Bad merge...........

ITA! Sometimes it's a lost cause! My way of handling it is to just walk away and invariable the person will call and act like nothing happened! I've proved "no one" in my life is important enough for me to lose my dignity begging some clown for forgiveness and them repeatedly spitting in my face! I might turn it around and tell them to go to #ell! I avoid drama like this and haven't dealt with such juvenile behavior since my 20's THANK GAWD! ;-(

4 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

I think Erika is lucky enough to have some thigh gap, and with those heels she had on versus the low seating I think there was space to see.

I don't think any of them got a full view but they probably saw skin, and made a bigger deal out of it.

Since training and participation in "DWTS," she's since lost weight and inches as they always seem to do! Saw her on WWHL a couple nights ago! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Deleted data!
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Harperlee1 said:

When Erika was crying outside of the boat, you could really see the cakiness of her makeup. So shallow to bring up, but it always looks so flawless and since she has SO much on, I knew it had to look like that in real life.

I had my husband listen to Dorit talk and try to guess where she's from. He said it sounded like she was trying to fake a British accent. She's fooling no one lol.

Erika is a horrible friend. She was awful to Eileen. And poor Eileen: desperately proclaims, "let's take a moment to honor her son" (and to be clear, I do feel that police officers deserve to be honored) and Erika still continues to treat her like shit she just stepped in. She's mean. You can't turn on someone like that if you're as meek and demure as you want us to believe.

And someone posted an article in another thread that said Erika left her son when he was 3, I think, to move to LA. If that's true, she can go somewhere with all that, "you don't know what I go through at night" *ugly cry* Of course I believe she worries about him, but up every night, wrecked with fear? If the article is true, I don't believe it, sorry. You can't move across the country from your toddler to chase fame and/or a sugar daddy, and try to convince me that you're the kind of mother who can say that and truly mean it.

Rinna had to be drunk. The way she stuffed that piece of chicken in her mouth when she declared she was done talking lol. And the coke allegations, so out of the blue! So she's getting back at Dorit accusing her of being on drugs by doing the same? Ok?

So what your saying is she didn't look FOB but more like 4 day old grouper. I agree.

>;^>

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Giselle said:

El XX, That was only after they broke the chalice from the palace. They switched it up. Remember? Sheesh (rolling eyes).

While thinking about this movie...with all the flashing she's done I'm surprised we haven't seen Erica's birthmark.

666?

FYI as Erika Jayne it needs to be pronounced SexSexSex

• Love 3
20 hours ago, bosawks said:

I have visions of Kathryn and Donnie watching this last night, smiling at each other and going "what a shit show".

I miss Kathryn. I truly hope she's happy. She and Donnie both.

• Love 12