Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E08: A Low Down Dirty Shane

• Start Topic

The competitors must endure a spicy curry eating challenge that sends tempers flaring; the Underdogs question if they can trust Shane when he is suspected of making multiple alliances.

CT is marvelous.  It doesn't really have anything to do with this ep, I just felt like saying it.

Amanda, you and Ashley are heinous trolls. Get on outta here with your delusional shit.

Here's the thing.  I hate pranks SO MUCH and do not find them funny AT ALL and yes they are immature. But also, when you know you're going home in two weeks or whatever?  And you know this shit happens every time?  Suck it up or get back at them.  Don't act like giant babies and expect everyone to back you up.

Johnny is a dick and a half and yet people still keep falling for his bullshit.  It's creepy in a mind-controlly way.

That challenge was made for Nelson and his beautiful arms.  Too bad they are holding up a kinda rotten human.

Sylvia you're an idiot.  Bye.

Oh my God Shane is trying to win money for HIMSELF!  What a DICK!

He was annoying though, I can't lie about that.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 10

Yes the pranks are silly and childish but since I can't stand Ashley or Amanda, I was laughing my ass off. Even at Cara Maria's really bad puns. And for them to go off about how childish and dumb the vets were being when they were gleefully spreading rumors about Jenna...come on. Hunter was right. If it was done against someone they didn't like or if they'd thought of it first they would have enjoyed it.

Shane was over the top during that challenge but you know what, he has never hidden the fact that all he wants to do is make the finale. He had that whole conversation with Cory about not caring about having the strongest team in the finale if he's not there to win the money. So of course he's making deals to save his own ass. They all are. TJ's reaction to there being two alliances and one team was telling. They aren't going to get far if they can't put that shit aside.

Nelson vs Dario, they both suck. It could have gone either way.

• Love 5

I usually have love for Shane, but I did find him kind of annoying on this episode too. I'm sure he wishes he was part of the Champs team, rather than the Underdogs and I can't blame him for that when he's stuck with people like Ashley and Amanda.

Amanda is very delusional and Ashley is too dramatic. I understand Ashley was sick, but why give Johnny the satisfaction of seeing that you're pissed especially the second time around when she was fine. Prank him back or just ignore it.

I love CT! He may be getting older, but he'll always be cool to me. He had me cracking up with his comments about Corey and Camila hooking up. Poor Kailah left thinking that Corey and her were the real deal, meanwhile, he wasted no time moving on to someone else.

• Love 2

Anybody worth rooting for wholeheartedly? For me, it's CT (reformed), Darrell (he's not beating people up), Nicole (good example from my borough), Cara Maria (in danger of getting fucked over by Johnny) and Laurel (she might become Nicole's girlfriend, and she'd probably snap me in half if I went against her). The rest is a mess of crazy and deluded.

Poor Shane. Once again: I think it hurts that four of his ex-castmates won, and he's 0-for-4. He was a good competitor back in the day. Meanwhile, Sarah got ranked on by most of the gang from Campus Crawl (yes, she was a downer, but fucking hell, so am I), yet she survived the Gauntlet five times. Rachel is basically the prototype for Zach, and she's won twice. Watching Shane channel James "Dude!!" Orlando is painful to watch. At least he's not turning into that fucker Frank Sweeney. It's better Shane stays in the game rather than dumbass Dario. Seriously, if Raphy came to the next Challenge and called himself "Dario," would we even notice? Or care??

Cory is flirting with crazy. Is being near Camila ever a good idea? Cory can shove a grenade in his pants, and he'd be better off. But I can't hate her if she does seal the deal with him. I was horrified last season at the thought of her and Wince during the Reunion. She's not that hard-up.

Never change, Smashley. Remember, when you overreact, Johnny busts a nut. That does nobody any good. Would the Champs even try that shit if players from both sides had to face off in the Fortress?

ETA: You know what I wanted Teege to say as the Fortress was being played? "By the way, that's not powder coming from the smashed idols. That's colored cocaine." Would've made things way more interesting.

• Love 1

If Ct doesn't win, I will be sad. I adore him so much on this challenge. "I think I might bust a hamstring". Was probably the highlight for me.

Also Shane maybe? Only because he does seem like his teams MVP and I do feel for him, most of his actual friends are on the other team. He's like when George on Greys Anatomy when all the original interns became doctors and he didn't.

• Love 5

I'm going for CT for sure. And I think Darrell now. This is my first time seeing him on the challenge but I'm liking him.

I am also rooting for Jenna for some reason. I just have always rooted for her. She is a good competitor and seems nice.

The pranks were pretty lame. Chips in a bed? Ooh! Lame lol. 

Hunter seems like a crazy overreactor. I don't like him.

CT all the way tho!

• Love 3

Underdogs may never bank another dime.  They're just going to snipe at each other and lose chances to win the challenges.

There should have been the same number of puzzle pieces so some of the champions should have had more than one bowl?

The way the race was set up was lame.  Some of them were edging towards taking off and as soon as the last person finished their bowl, they never had a chance.

• Love 1

I'm glad Jenna stayed.   The elimination had no drama though since in the previews of the whole challenge, I saw Jenna in many of the clips that have yet to happen.  While I think Sylvia is stupid for wanting to go in, I also think she'd be voted in anyways.   She was the weak link.   Weak link say bye bye.  

Ashley is the worst.   She's the classic Mean Girl, but she's in a world where no one gives a shit about her.  Sorry, not sorry.   I can't stand Bananas, but I hope he pranks you 24/7 now.  

The gross food challenges always amuse and disgust me.   Watching people on tv projectile vomiting over and over.  Gross.   It's also interesting because it often allows someone you wouldn't expect to shine.  Some people like CT and Shane and Darrell can just house whatever is put in front of them....while others struggle mightily.   I did laugh at Jenna saying she was training by eating asparagus and a brussel sprout.  

• Love 3

Seriously, if Raphy came to the next Challenge and called himself "Dario," would we even notice? Or care??

Haha, I can never remember that guy's name. I just call him "Dario's twin".

• Love 4

Eh. I know I'm probably all alone here, but I have to say it. I don't like this CT. I didn't like the super crazy CT either, but this dorky dad act does nothing for me.  I think he struck a good balance in Rivals I, where he was mostly reformed, but still doing some dumb shit, having fun, and not all, "my son" this and, "my son" that. Shit's getting old. You procreated. Big whoop. Next.

I am Indian and love curry, so I find myself wondering how I'd have done on this particular challenge.

Loving Darrell, Cara Maria, and Laurel. Jenna and Shane are Okay too. Miss crazy Kailah.  Johnny is less annoying when he's actively fucking with other people that I don't like (looking at you, Amanda, Ashley, and Hunter).

Edited by Zima
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, scrb said:

Underdogs may never bank another dime.  They're just going to snipe at each other and lose chances to win the challenges.

There should have been the same number of puzzle pieces so some of the champions should have had more than one bowl?

The way the race was set up was lame.  Some of them were edging towards taking off and as soon as the last person finished their bowl, they never had a chance.

Especially considering that Shane was the one who finished most of their bowls.  They let him clean up after everyone else and as soon as HE was done, they all took off, which I call BS on.  It also pissed me off that they even considered voting him in when their team wouldn't have even made it to the puzzle assembly part if it wasn't for him.

11 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

The gross food challenges always amuse and disgust me.   Watching people on tv projectile vomiting over and over.  Gross.   It's also interesting because it often allows someone you wouldn't expect to shine.  Some people like CT and Shane and Darrell can just house whatever is put in front of them....while others struggle mightily.   I did laugh at Jenna saying she was training by eating asparagus and a brussel sprout.  

Jenna would do well on a pizza or hotdog eating challenge, because apparently that's all she eats.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

Ashley is the worst.   She's the classic Mean Girl, but she's in a world where no one gives a shit about her.  Sorry, not sorry.  

But like, aren't they all bitches and Mean Girls? And we just excuse the ones we like for doing it because they are doing it to someone we dislike more? I mean I like Cara Maria but I seem to remember her getting a bottle of soda dumped on her head at one time (which I did see as bullying) and I would think she would not want to stoop to that level with others. I know the two things don't equate (chips in bed vs soda on head) but still...just grow up a bit.

12 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I think it should be against the rules for one team member to finish the other's food.  If they can't handle the eating challenges, they shouldn't come on the show.  It just doesn't seem fair. 

I'm okay with team members eating each other's food, but those that ate extra stuff should have gotten some kind of immunity or a head start in the race, and those that didn't finish their own food should be ineligible to win.

• Love 8

Good job Jenna!!

Darrell made me laugh with his "that shit tastes good" after eating the curry.

I really did not enjoy all the vomiting so I made sure to look away.

Shallow comment but I have to agree with Corey, Camila is looking good this season. I don't know if she's doing her makeup differently or her clothing but, I did notice. Is it wrong that I am kind of excited about the Camilanator next week?

• Love 2

Hey Shane, good job on being team MVP this week, but...maybe act like you've been there before?

Also couldn't believe how obvious Nicole and Hunter were being about not caring to help with the puzzle. That immunity only lasts for one elimination round, sunshine, maybe don't give your team a convenient excuse to vote you in next time? Or break an existing alliance with you?

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Also couldn't believe how obvious Nicole and Hunter were being about not caring to help with the puzzle. That immunity only lasts for one elimination round, sunshine, maybe don't give your team a convenient excuse to vote you in next time? Or break an existing alliance with you?

I don't know how I forgot about this, but that was so shitty!  They weren't even looking at the puzzle to see if they could maybe jump in a little; both of them were just off to the side doing their own thing.  It says a lot about both of them as people (and I've never seen them outside of this show, so I have no context for what their past behavior looks like, but I bet they're assholes).

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I don't know how I forgot about this, but that was so shitty!  They weren't even looking at the puzzle to see if they could maybe jump in a little; both of them were just off to the side doing their own thing.  It says a lot about both of them as people (and I've never seen them outside of this show, so I have no context for what their past behavior looks like, but I bet they're assholes).

Yeah, I wasn't surprised that they didn't care about helping, but at least make an attempt to look like you're trying. I mean, these people are all just looking for excuses to vote each other in and break out of alliances that are no longer convenient for them, and making it abundantly clear you don't give a shit about your team winning when your ass isn't on the line is a very handy, guilt free reason for someone to use to vote them in.

• Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:43 PM, Steph619 said:

I usually have love for Shane, but I did find him kind of annoying on this episode too. I'm sure he wishes he was part of the Champs team, rather than the Underdogs and I can't blame him for that when he's stuck with people like Ashley and Amanda.

Amanda is very delusional and Ashley is too dramatic. I understand Ashley was sick, but why give Johnny the satisfaction of seeing that you're pissed especially the second time around when she was fine. Prank him back or just ignore it.

I love CT! He may be getting older, but he'll always be cool to me. He had me cracking up with his comments about Corey and Camila hooking up. Poor Kailah left thinking that Corey and her were the real deal, meanwhile, he wasted no time moving on to someone else.

I agree with all of this!!

I am sure you are right that Shane wishes he was with the Champs, and, honestly, I do too.  He seems like a fish out of water with these idiots.  I'd love to see his politicking go up against John's politicking.  I do wish he would've quieted down a bit with his "cheerleading," though.  It was so off putting.  I get you want to win but berating people while they are trying isn't going to help.

I cannot stand Amanda and Ashley.  Amanda can miss me with her "they better not be talking about me" crap when just a few days ago she was gleefully reporting on rumors regarding Jenna.  She's a two-faced snake.  Ashley is just as annoying and entitled as ever.  I get not liking the pranks and being pissed they took your toilet seat but why exactly couldn't she just go use one of the other bathrooms?  Also, I really wish production would just send their asses home when they throw fits like that and say they want a ticket home.  They are having the experience of a lifetime and they want to piss it all away because of crumbs in their bed and a toilet seat off of one toilet is taken away.  Seriously?!  I'm too old for those kinds of dramatics.  If you are going to threaten to leave then your ass better be on the next bus trip out of town. 

CT is the best part of this show.  I like him so much.  As much as I would love to see him carry John on his back again, I kind of don't want to see them repeat that challenge.  It's just so classic and unless it's going to happen again exactly like that or worse for John then I don't want to risk ruining what is the best moment in Challenge history for me.

The whole letter left by Kailah thing was a little weird to me.  He's clearly not all that interested in her but then why did he make a point of keeping and hiding the note?  I would've thought he would have joined in laughing at Kailah with Camilla or he would've tossed it right from the beginning.  Maybe he just enjoys reading old love notes when he's feeling insecure about himself?  Who knows, just not what I thought would've happened. 

I can't decide if I can tolerate Hunter of if I hate him.  I hate his whole attitude and demeanor when he wins something.  He's the worst possible winner.  He can't just take a win and be humble about it.  He's got to brag like he did the most amazing thing ever and he's entitled to sit on his ass and not help bank money when the challenge is still going on.  He wouldn't have even won immunity if it hadn't been for the fact that everyone got to leave the soup stand at the same time.  If Shane had been able to leave as soon as he finished then he would've had immunity but since he may not be as fast a runner he lost.  However, when he and Cara Maria were joking about being on a dating show I enjoyed his sense of humor and willingness to play along.  At times he showcases a good sense of humor but there is a lot of douche-ness to dig through first.

The curry soup challenge didn't play out like I thought it would have when TJ explained it.  I thought he made it sound like each player had to eat their own bowl of soup to the last drop not that other teammates could help them so long as all the curry was gone.  I knew the Champs had more bowls which meant some of them would have to have more than 1 bowl but I thought for sure the underdogs had to each down their own bowl.  That would've been much more entertaining if people like Shane couldn't help them. 

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Peper81 said:

CT is the best part of this show.  I like him so much.  As much as I would love to see him carry John on his back again, I kind of don't want to see them repeat that challenge.  It's just so classic and unless it's going to happen again exactly like that or worse for John then I don't want to risk ruining what is the best moment in Challenge history for me.

The whole letter left by Kailah thing was a little weird to me.  He's clearly not all that interested in her but then why did he make a point of keeping and hiding the note?  I would've thought he would have joined in laughing at Kailah with Camilla or he would've tossed it right from the beginning.  Maybe he just enjoys reading old love notes when he's feeling insecure about himself? 

Totally agreed on CT as well as not wanting to risk ruining The Most Entertainingly Awesome moment in Challenge history.  

As for the letter?  I'd lay odds on him just hedging his bets...   

I hate the food challenges.  I don't need to see people barf.   

I don't mind good natured pranks, like James on Big Brother, but taking a stanky toilet seat? Gross.  And Johnny put it in his shirt.  That's gross.  I think he does stuff to piss people off,not to have fun, and that's why it comes of as dumb.  

I like Happy CT. 

Go Jenna! So glad she won! She's my fave. 

• Love 3
  On 3/22/2017 at 8:27 PM, Maharincess said:

I think it should be against the rules for one team member to finish the other's food.  If they can't handle the eating challenges, they shouldn't come on the show.  It just doesn't seem fair. 

I'm okay with team members eating each other's food, but those that ate extra stuff should have gotten some kind of immunity or a head start in the race, and those that didn't finish their own food should be ineligible to win.

I agree. Shane, for his willingness to eat extra and help the team, should have gotten immunity over Hunter. That is BS. So because Hunter was able to sprint up the hill faster, he was considered the winner? Then why couldn't it be a race where everyone has to eat their own curry and could leave whenever they were done? Doesn't seem right.

Also agree with comments regarding Nicole and Hunter sitting on their ass during the puzzle portion. WTF was that? That would have pissed me off for sure. Yes, you have immunity, but you also just cost your team bank account money by not chipping in more. Those 2 should be voted in next time for that garbage alone.

• Love 6

Even if Nicole and Hunter are total selfish dbags.....it made no sense to not help with the puzzle.   If they don't win money then it doesn't matter if they get to the final....if there is no big money to win.   Idjits.  

• Love 2

I don't know why they didn't let whoever finished their bowl in the second station head back, instead of waiting for the rest of the team.

That would have given them incentive to finish the bowl fast.

• Love 3

Corey is straight up garbage. Any chick that hooks up with him at this point is a pathetic idiot. He has a distinct pattern now on these shows, in regard to his treatment of his hookups. 

Ashley can gtfo any time. I found her entertaining for a bit in the past but I'm way over her this season.

John is what? 35? Just wow.

I don't miss Zack.

Darrell for the win!

• Love 3

What?! I looked up Johhny's age, as it was mentioned above.  He will be 35 this year, if my maths are correct.  I have all these people as 20 somethings in my head.  I didn't realize he had crept into mid 30's, and still acts like a brat.  That just makes him look dumb, at this point. 

• Love 2

Cara Maria is over 30. CT is older than John, he will be 37 this year! Shane and Darrell are definitely over 30. Laurel is about to turn 31. Zach turns 30 this year. Champion Ashley turns 31.

Edit: Cory is 26. Ashley is around 27. Most of these people are a lot older than they act, imo. Even people like Tony are creeping on 30, he will he 29 in May!

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2017 at 8:52 AM, KIMIKO said:

I don't mind good natured pranks, like James on Big Brother, but taking a stanky toilet seat? Gross.  And Johnny put it in his shirt.  That's gross.  I think he does stuff to piss people off,not to have fun, and that's why it comes of as dumb. 

This, though. Like, it was a stupid prank in the first place and certainly not funny enough to put some dirty toilet bowl seat under your shirt. 

• Love 1
On 3/25/2017 at 4:24 PM, Rebecca said:

Cara Maria is over 30. CT is older than John, he will be 37 this year! Shane and Darrell are definitely over 30. Laurel is about to turn 31. Zach turns 30 this year. Champion Ashley turns 31.

Edit: Cory is 26. Ashley is around 27. Most of these people are a lot older than they act, imo. Even people like Tony are creeping on 30, he will he 29 in May!

This season definitely has an older cast. I remember during Rivals III when the girls were buried alive, they had the girls' birthdates posted. Sarah was the only one born in the 80s (1986). Jenna, Nicole, and whoever else was there, were all born in the 90s. I felt SO old watching that episode.

• Love 1

As the cast has aged and the vets mainly kept themselves in pretty good shape.....I don't think the age gap is that big a deal.  

Not like when Mark was still hanging around and it felt like it was someone's grandpa was hanging around.  

• Love 1

I can't believe so many people had so much trouble with curry.  It's not an exotic or gross food.  It's just curry.  Admittedly it was apparently spicy, but still.  It's not like they were asked to eat that gross fish stuff like in Jenna's first final.

I wonder if it was because it was really just liquid--I think if I had to chug, say, curry sauce straight from the jar, especially hot, it would be a lot harder to get it down than if it were over some nice rice and with some bland protein in it (tofu in my case).  It reminded me of the Hungarian soup that they had to eat on Amazing Race (I think season 6).