Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

YMMV but I don't see the big deal with Bryan having dated Jubilee and why that is being thrown around as some awful thing against him and shade against Rachel if she did indeed pick him. If anything, it tells me at least that his interest in Rachel wasn't just because she was the lead because he clearly he has no issues dating a black woman. Also, Reality Steve made it clear that the thing with Jubilee was brief and not that big of a deal. That sounded to me like they went out a few times, maybe just didn't click for whatever reason and moved on.

Yes, he probably had interest in Jubilee from seeing her on the show but again, why is that a bad thing? For all the crap Jubilee got from some viewers, I personally always liked her and thought she seemed like an awesome person. So I don't see anything wrong in Bryan maybe thinking the same thing when he saw her on Ben's season. Yes, she's 24 or was at the time but to be honest, I often forgot how young Jubilee was, probably owing to her being a little harder than your average young 20-something, which after the life she's had, made perfect sense. 

• Love 9

We may like Bryan and see him as the logical choice for her in time.  He is 37 and established in a lucrative career.   This news has not changed my thinking that Peter is the best looking (for me), appears to be a good man and my favorite!  So he will be the next bach and yeah, I think he will accept the job.  

RS's record is stellar.  So he was wrong and corrected it.  So what?  I expect mistakes from time to time.      

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but I don't see the big deal with Bryan having dated Jubilee and why that is being thrown around as some awful thing against him and shade against Rachel if she did indeed pick him. If anything, it tells me at least that his interest in Rachel wasn't just because she was the lead because he clearly he has no issues dating a black woman. Also, Reality Steve made it clear that the thing with Jubilee was brief and not that big of a deal. That sounded to me like they went out a few times, maybe just didn't click for whatever reason and moved on.

Yes, he probably had interest in Jubilee from seeing her on the show but again, why is that a bad thing? For all the crap Jubilee got from some viewers, I personally always liked her and thought she seemed like an awesome person. So I don't see anything wrong in Bryan maybe thinking the same thing when he saw her on Ben's season. Yes, she's 24 or was at the time but to be honest, I often forgot how young Jubilee was, probably owing to her being a little harder than your average young 20-something, which after the life she's had, made perfect sense. 

Maybe it's not a big deal to some people I said it would be a big deal to me. What that shows is that there are plenty of black women in Florida and it's been my experience that Colombian Dominican Cuban men have no problem dating black women and there are plenty down there to choose from but why seek out a black woman from The Bachelor franchise and then come on the show?

I actually liked Jubilee and for the few episodes that I watched Ben's season I felt like she had an interesting story and I would have liked to see her be The Bachelorette to be honest with you.  No disrespect at all towards Jubilee or Rachel.  

Bryan seems smarmy and his kissing grosses me out. Plus he calls himself a "chiropractic physician". I think Rachel can do much better, but if the silver lining is that he won't be the next Bachelor, I'm all for him winning.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

chiropractic physician

I googled this.  It is becoming more popular just like a book keeper is now a financial analyst and garbage man a recycling operative etc.  The title is commonly used in the state of Florida.  

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, wings707 said:

We may like Bryan and see him as the logical choice for her in time.  He is 37 and established in a lucrative career.     

I think it depends on his setup as to whether or not he has a lucrative career.  I don't think he owns a practice but rather is a staff chiropractor.   That would make it easy for him to move if need be.  

Someone said the next bachelor would be a surprise.  Peter would be such a front runner.  Would he really be a surprise?  But dammit, I might watch.  

I have to say that I'm super disappointed in the outcome.  I like Peter so far.  I like Rachel.  Less impressed with Bryan.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Someone said the next bachelor would be a surprise.

Was this from a reliable source?  It is early for them to have chosen one already.  They usually wait until they get the temperature of the fans.  I know Juan Pablo was chosen on fan reaction alone.   I doubt he was their front runner  

7 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Was this from a reliable source?  It is early for them to have chosen one already.  They usually wait until they get the temperature of the fans.  I know Juan Pablo was chosen on fan reaction alone.   I doubt he was their front runner  

That is a common misconception. TPTB usually have a good idea who they want as the next lead before the previous season even begins. They wanted Juan Pabs even tho he was not even in the F4 so they had women in the crowd wear Juan Pabs shirts and make it seem that they scream the loudest for him in the aftershow. It's all manipulation. It's also why the first one out of the limo is usually the next lead. I know Sean was first out of the limo. TPTB know what they are doing.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Plus he calls himself a "chiropractic physician".

This bothers me as well!  I pointed it out in the episode thread.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but what was Jubilee's story?  I didn't watch Ben's season.  I don't think it matters that Bryan dated her.  He just grosses me out with his kissing style though.  Blech.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, wonald said:

That is a common misconception. TPTB usually have a good idea who they want as the next lead before the previous season even begins. They wanted Juan Pabs even tho he was not even in the F4 so they had women in the crowd wear Juan Pabs shirts and make it seem that they scream the loudest for him in the aftershow. It's all manipulation. It's also why the first one out of the limo is usually the next lead. I know Sean was first out of the limo. TPTB know what they are doing.

Yeah, you are right.  I remember this.  Dean is going to BiP but that does not rule him out, as we know.   I can't think of anyone else that might work if not Peter.  

I would be shocked if Peter did not accept the gig.  He owns his own business that can be taken anywhere and with this exposure, it certainly would.  His modeling career could soar, as well.  I am not saying he would take the gig ONLY for this but perks are on everyone's mind.  How could they not be?  

I hate the term fame whore.  My reason is, I think taking advantage of opportunities that come your way is smart.  Anyone would be a fool not to.  

The bachelor being a surprise is rumor for now.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but what was Jubilee's story?  I didn't watch Ben's season.

She's originally from Haiti where her whole family was murdered. She was adopted by an American family from a Haitian orphanage.

• Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

This bothers me as well!  I pointed it out in the episode thread.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this but what was Jubilee's story?  I didn't watch Ben's season.  I don't think it matters that Bryan dated her.  He just grosses me out with his kissing style though.  Blech.

Jubilee is a war vet (she might still be in the Army reserve but I don't think she's active duty anymore) that had been an orphan in Haiti before being adopted by an American family.   I'm pretty sure she was cast on Ben's season as a potential black bachelorette but she crashed and burned under the pressure of the show and didn't come off well at all.     She then went on bachelor in Paradise 3.0 and only was on one episode.  Seems she's been dating on the reject circuit--she was one of the girls Luke was chatting up and now we find out from RS that she had a few dates with Dr. Bryan.  I'm one of the few that liked her and have no problem that she and Bryan dated for a nanosecond.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 5
Just now, mostlylurking said:

Holy shit.  Makes Russian sleeper cell Cristina's eating lipstick story sound luxurious.

Nah I think they're both pretty horrible in their own way. I wouldn't compare people's pain, YMMV

• Love 4

Jubilee is a controversial character. Ppl either love or hate her.  The two biracial girls on the season didnt like her bc Jubilee said something about how she is the only true black woman on the show or something like that. I say where there's smoke, there's fire and she sucks.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Nah I think they're both pretty horrible in their own way. I wouldn't compare people's pain, YMMV

Oh totally I agree with you.  I just was expecting run of the mill craziness not "her entire family was murdered".  Crazy shit.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I think it was a tweet from someone associated with the show.  If I were at home, I'd do more sleuthing so I'll try to find it.

Well it's always been clear that Jimmy's guesses come from the spoilers that are out there so yeah, since everyone had just accepted and ran with the Peter is F1 spoiler, that's what he would go with. But again, it's just more proof that this season may be one where the outcome is really not a foregone conclusion before the finale. And that might be a good thing, at least based on an interest level.

Last season, everyone was discussing Nick and Vanessa's potential after the show, before the finale episode had even aired, because basically no one thought for a second Raven was a legitimate possibility as F1. Same with JoJo, same with Ben, even with the dual I Love You's and well Kaitlyn spoiled her season. So there's really been little question of the F1 for a few seasons now. 

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

If anything, it tells me at least that his interest in Rachel wasn't just because she was the lead because he clearly he has no issues dating a black woman.

I disagree. I'd say just because he has dated a black woman in the past, one with a previous appearance in the franchise no less, it doesn't automatically mean that he's genuine. He gives me scammer vibes.

• Love 4
(edited)
21 hours ago, judie said:

I disagree. I'd say just because he has dated a black woman in the past, one with a previous appearance in the franchise no less, it doesn't automatically mean that he's genuine. He gives me scammer vibes.

I said it wasn't just because she's the lead and said nothing about his ulterior motives for being there. My point was more that his attraction to Rachel could be legitimate as it proves he has no issues dating a black woman. Just because someone comes on the show for their ulterior motives, doesn't mean they can't be legitimately attracted to the lead. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Certainly there have been many times when that is not the case. Where the contestant has zero interest in the lead and solely there for their fame-whoring purposes. I was merely saying that in this case, I can believe his attraction to Rachel was genuine, whether or not he was there for famewhoring. Because honestly, I've said it many times that I side eye every person who does this show. Even the ones that have been deified as so perfect and amazing.

I think anyone that willingly chooses to go on this freak show, put themselves out to be judged by millions of people, clearly has some ulterior motive beyond "just looking for love". And Rachel herself even sort of acknowledged that when she was warned about DeMario in the first episode. She said that everyone has their reasons for doing the show but as long as the person is open to the possibility or potential, she'll give them a chance. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, wings707 said:

On the bright side, Peter will be the next Bachelor!  THAT is fabulous.  We will get to see much more of him.  

I agree, there is always a silver lining! :)

• Love 1
(edited)

These days I doubt anyone goes on any reality show without thinking long term about how it can change their prospects.  I have even said that once I was educated about the shilling, etc. and how profitable it could be, I would be tempted myself if I was in the desired age demographic.  I don't judge them for doing it, I just wish people were more transparent about their motives instead of spouting this "unlucky in love," line that many of them do. 

I don't knock anyone from taking advantage of it, as long as they do it smartly.  I mean, don't make it your full time job and be selective about what you do.  I would venture to say that some of the people that have been on this show were offered the chance to be bar openers, episode party watchers, etc. and just said no and went back to their real lives.  It is a choice.   Rachel probably did not realize the type of opportunities that might open up for her. I don't necessarily see her doing the shilling and bar appearances (can see some resort appearances), but I can see her considering offers of hosting, etc. that might come her way.  She comes across as charismatic, is an eloquent speaker, and is attractive.  Since some people  think a black woman being on a show slobbering over a bunch of crazy, strange looking men is something HISTORIC, then I would say she should get something out of this experience. 

I also said several times in this thread that I did not trust RS info, so I am not surprised about the flip flop.   My friend and I watched a radio interview Rachel did and at one point the man asked what type of food would be at the wedding reception.  Her reaction in that minute, along with a few other things my friend told me, hinted to me that it could be Bryan.  If it were Peter or Eric I don't think she would have reacted that way about food, but if in your mind you started thinking about ethnic cuisine, I could see her thinking about Columbian food and what she knew about it.  I turned to her and said that I was not so sure abut the spoiler.  Seriously, it was just that simple for me, as well as some of the comments she made that IMO did not fit Peter.  At this point, as far as I am concerned it could go either way. They could be putting this out because they are sick of RS and/or because the response to the whole Peter/Rachel date was so great that they needed to add suspense.  Who knows about this franchise? 

I also saw a preview of tonight's episode where Rachel comes in with her friends ( refuse for anyone over 30 to call their friends a  "squad") and Bryan throws his hands in the air all excited like he scored a touchdown. WAYYY to excited and obviously know who they are where some of the  other men looked somewhat confused. 

I am going to sit and watch the first episode to see if my gag reflex with Bryan gets any stronger than it did from the pictures, previews, recaps and episode 2.  He just strikes me as an old player who has spent way too much time watching this show and wanting to be a part of the whole Bachelor Nation...in any way he could.   I still don't know what cheek implants are, but if he has them that is another thing that would turn me off.  I felt the same way about Eric, so this is nothing against Bryan specifically.  I sound like a broken record, but this group of guys was a joke to me.  I have no idea how they think about compatibility, but 90% were clearly not a match for Rachel.  She has said she told them that she did not have a "type" but even with that statement there is no way they cast Blake bragging about his member,Whaboom, Bryce, Brady, Jamey, Lee , Mohit, Jamey and a few others trying to make a match for Rachel.  Kenny is a stripper and a wrestler, that does not mean he is not a good guy, but I just don't see it.  I just feel like there is a undercurrent in this season that I don't like. Quite a few things are giving me pause. 

That's not to say that I  do not have some suspicion that Mr. "I hope to move from Madison, "  did not think about what this could do for his prospects.  That doesn't make them bad people, I am just a realist.  I wonder if Rachel asked Bryan the same question....."you seem great, why (at 37) are you still single and looking for love on Reality TV?"  I also wonder if she  (and her family) found out about the lawsuit and Jubilee before or after the proposal. Correct me if I am wrong, but is her specialty one that could defend him in court?  It may come to that.  She did also say that her family was hardest on the final guy, and I thought that might be Bryan and also made me think it was him.  I am still holding out a small hope that it is anyone but him (and maybe Eric), but either way, she is stuck with it. 

It will play out, and she will either marry him or have the requisite break up.  Who knows?   I've already said she has been way to effusive in interviews considering the history of this show. Maybe she will end up on Peter's season looking for redemption and a second chance, and maybe Peter is a raving lunatic.....even if he is, I'd take him over Bryan. 

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 2

I'm still looking forward to this season. ;)

4 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Wait, Jimmy Kimmel is wrong???

I mostly hope Bryan stops chewing Rachel's face up when he kisses her if they do end up together. 

Mr, I read RS , then pretend I don't. LOL

I was on the Peter train for that romantic first date but with this new spoiler it gave me pause...

When Peter talks about Rachel and being with her he sounds hesitant whereas Bryan doesn't.

The thing that strikes me is that when Bryan sucks face with her she responds and kisses him back.  She does not resist.at.all.  I would think if she were having feelings for Peter she would have a hard time responding so enthusiastically to Bryan's aggressive kissing.

Now that I go back and watch the season promo you can see that it is Bryan she kisses so passionately. 

Just a speculation but could TPTB  have Peter as the next lead locked and loaded even before the season started and story boarded it to have Rachel get to the end with him and then let him go, while she can pick from all the other suitors?  He belonged to ABC even if she liked him.

Wasn't Rachel herself picked as the next bachelorette when she did her season so she it was designed for her be let go by Nick?

Peter is quite handsome and a season of him laying it down to become popular - the quiet mysterious good looking broken hearted suitor who gets a second chance at love?  Swoon city for the bachelofiles.

Reality TV.  Sometimes I question myself why I watch.  I hate the manufactured relationships but it is TV.  The incorrect spoiler is probably going to boost ratings now. 

• Love 4

I haven't seen anything on the show so far to suggest that Peter is a better person than Bryan. It's still a little early for me to form proper impressions. In fact, I've thought so far that she has more chemistry with Bryan than Peter. She was trying hard during their first date but I wasn't seeing the same amount of effort back.

Anyway, whoever it is, this is just a Bachelor engagement, so whatever really.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, wings707 said:

RS's record is stellar.  So he was wrong and corrected it.  So what?  I expect mistakes from time to time.      

Exactly.  As long as the info is there, pretty much correct and complete, I'm satisfied.  I don't even care who she picks, and what he does.  I like seeing the journey, but don't stress about who gets the final rose.  Just not that big of a deal to me. 

Hell, Steve's site is FREE.  You don't have to register or pay for anything.  If he gave us even HALF of the info he gives us each season, i'd be satisfied. 

Who does their PAID JOB at 100%, every single moment of every single day?  Uh, nobody.  So those that bitch & whine about Steve need to just NOT.READ.HIM. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Mondayeve said:

The thing that strikes me is that when Bryan sucks face with her she responds and kisses him back.  She does not resist.at.all.  I would think if she were having feelings for Peter she would have a hard time responding so enthusiastically to Bryan's aggressive kissing.

She kisses everyone. Even Fred who she still sees as an 8 year old boy.  Her kiss with Fred isn't sexy but if there's any reason to shut down a kiss, it'd be with him.  He even asks. 

But the reason the switch makes sense to me, even though it kind of broke my reality heart, is that she has repeatedly shown she likes the take charge kind of guy.  She seemed to like that Bryan just came right out and kissed her, even if it meant cutting her off.  In the previews, she seemed put off by the fact that Fred actually asked to kiss her even though "yay! informed consent."  She didn't mind that Bryan let the world know he was the first kiss or the "sloppy seconds" comment.*. 

*And sure, people sometimes say silly things so maybe some leeway should be given but pretty much everything that would put me off seems to turn her on.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Exactly.  As long as the info is there, pretty much correct and complete, I'm satisfied.  I don't even care who she picks, and what he does.  I like seeing the journey, but don't stress about who gets the final rose.  Just not that big of a deal to me. 

Hell, Steve's site is FREE.  You don't have to register or pay for anything.  If he gave us even HALF of the info he gives us each season, i'd be satisfied. 

Who does their PAID JOB at 100%, every single moment of every single day?  Uh, nobody.  So those that bitch & whine about Steve need to just NOT.READ.HIM. 

Who on this board is complaining about him being wrong?  Like you said, it is free and it saves people time watching all of this if they choose. As you say, some people want to see the "journey" so they will watch anyway. 

(edited)

I'm a little bummed she didn't pick Peter because I loved their date, and he is so freaking adorable. But I agree that if he's the next Bachelor I would be forced to watch. I'm sure all the women will be smitten by him.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, twoods said:

I'm a little bummed she didn't pick Peter because I loved their date, and he is so freaking adorable. But I agree that if he's the next Bachelor I would be forced to watch. I'm sure all the women will be smitten by him.

I don't know if I could watch a whole season of this even for Peter.  I was so hoping that the paddle went up when they said dating an older woman....I would have been in the audition line....no ring on, and not there for the right reasons! 

I saw RS's full spoilers and I think it's clear that for whatever reason, he knows very little about this season. He doesn't even say who gets the group date roses on some dates, he's vague on a lot of things in Europe, he pretty much admits he's unsure about Denmark and Switzerland and he was all over the place, writing some stuff that for someone who spoils the show like he does, you would think he would know. He made this long, boring ass explanation for his vague tweet that was supposed to reflect his correcting the F1 spoiler and that it showed that four seasons in a row, the Bachelorette has picked the guy she gave her FIR to.

Except that four would be Andi, Kaitlyn, JoJo and now Rachel if his new spoiler is true. Except everyone immediately pointed out to him that Andi gave Nick her FIR and of course picked Josh. He just doesn't seem as confident in his spoilers for this season and I noticed much of the arrogance and smug was wiped out of his sails in revealing that no, he was wrong and Bryan is apparently the F1. Very different tone from when he first said it was Peter. Then it was his usual long spiel about how people will say a lot of things throughout the season but he knows this for a fact and how others will pretend they figured it out but he got it first and blah, blah. 

I recognized the "Fo Fo Fo" quote on his twitter yesterday and thought he was referring to the NBA Finals which are happening now. And which I am not following. 

(edited)

O.k. 

So many reasons why the gag was there.  

First, I dislike Eric WAAAYYY more than Bryan.  Please see my previous posts about him.  I was right about him just from looking at him, his bio, etc.  Not surprised, but disappointed that he makes it as far as he does.   To me, some of her final picks says a lot about Rachel and where her "headspace" was during this process.  I can't even list all the reasons why he gives me hives.   Just no. In my world, Will (unless there is something seriously wrong with him) would go further.  Can't wait to be disappointed by Will in the future.  I'm sure something will come up with him. That's just how it goes with this show for me.  I liked Jubilee and she had a crazy edit and I had to go, couldn't stomach the Olivia shennigan's that show.  Nick just made his season a no go for me....so here I am 

Bryan- Oh Lord!  Please let him win or whatever so my friend can stop calling, texting and crying.  You would think she knows these people personally.  Let me list the reasons he disturbs me: 

• 37 and on this show- I had the same problem with Nick 
  • I've been told he was hawking some type of tea and marketing scheme at one point
  • The lawsuit ( I worked in insurance years ago and I know what these clinics do) 
  • I have been told that he used "girl, you in trouble."  ( See you are 37) 
  • Walking out at Ellen like he was in a urban video ( See you are 37) 
  • Sloppy seconds (on national television), let me brag that I kissed her (shucks, now I'm surprised other people have too!) - see you are 37 
  • Raising his arms in celebration when Rachel walked in with her friends like he won something - see above
  • Watches the Bachelor franchise all the time - see above 
  • Bragging to the camera that he is pretending to empathize with Eric but you know, HE is not having these problems 
  • Gives Rachel a massage, sets it up to "relax" her, which is eerily the same thing Jubilee did for Ben in one of the two episodes (well half episodes) I saw that season.  Be original!!!  but for sure don't steal from another season-especially from someone you dated! 
  • General attitude is he is here to win.....not fall in love with Rachel 
  • His hair and facial expressions annoy me ( this could be said about over 1/2 of the cast) 
  • Supposedly he is friends with Josh Murray?( O.k I am just piling on now, I have no  idea who this is, but I am told it is a bad thing- the company you keep says a lot about you)

The sad thing is I can probably come up with a list for every man on the show. 

Edited by catrice2
adding to the list as I receive more intel
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, wings707 said:

Here's a link to the tweet.  He's a producer so reliable.  Or "reliable" depending on your perspective.  But the tweet is pretty vague.

After watching tonight, I'm curious to know how Eric makes it to the final 3.  Peter, Bryan and Dean, 3 of the final 4, seem to be out of the drama while Eric is right in the center of it.  Some of that is on his other housemates but some of it is on him and his insecurity.  He just seems so different.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Here's a link to the tweet.  He's a producer so reliable.  Or "reliable" depending on your perspective.  But the tweet is pretty vague.

After watching tonight, I'm curious to know how Eric makes it to the final 3.  Peter, Bryan and Dean, 3 of the final 4, seem to be out of the drama while Eric is right in the center of it.  Some of that is on his other housemates but some of it is on him and his insecurity.  He just seems so different.

Thanks for the link.  I came here to say the same thing about Eric.  Hopefully that is a mistake, too.  He is a kid.  

Just curious what anyone knows about the new show? It occurs to me that since it is supposed to be physical (if I heard correctly) that since Peter runs marathons, Ironmans or whatever someone told me on this board, he may be more interested in doing that than the Bachelor?  

I do understand that it would not be as much exposure, money, etc. but if he is genuinely a private type person being the Bachelor may be more than he wants to commit to. 

12 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Rachel is clearly not as in tune as she thinks she is...first she thinks she can fall in love with Nick....and now Eric.  I think she just likes men with speech issues.....

I'm happy for Rachel whomever she chooses. After saying goodbye to two idiots, Blake and Lucas. Seeing what a nasty little thug Lee is. I'd say she's doing okay so far. If she has chemistry with them both, its going to tear her apart. 

I hope she finds her happy. The show isn't on next week.

After watching tonight, I'm curious to know how Eric makes it to the final 3.  

He's an enigma, I like him, them I don't. I have taken quite the liking to Alex though! :) 

(edited)

Eric at least seems to actually be romantically interested in her.  The majority of these men aren't.  The more I dig the more I side eye.  I came into this liking demario (already out for lying), will (no chem;only dates white women), and peter (not as into her as she is into him IMO).  I think Alex, Kenny, Josiah, Fred, Dean, and Bryan are actually interested in Rachel but I don't like any of them either for her.  

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 3
On 5/31/2017 at 11:00 PM, dom16 said:

From the sounds of things, it was a two horse race between Bryan and Peter all season. Reality Steve said as much in one of his columns. In fact I think that's one of the reasons she was allowed to say she's engaged, because for once they actually have a season where the lead is torn between two people. No amount of creative editing could hide the painfully obvious fact that Nick was going to pick Vanessa and JoJo was going to pick Jordan, so there was no way that either of them could say they were engaged because there would've been no suspense whatsoever.

I fully expect Bryan to be the blindsided, brokenhearted F2 who becomes the Bachelor. Let's just hope he refines his kissing skills in between seasons, because yikes. 

Well, I guess I can just swap Peter and Bryan in my post and it's basically the same thing. Except substitute 'kissing skills' with 'personality', since while Peter is very pretty, he is a block of wood so far. 

• Love 2

After this last episode, my liking of Peter is starting to fade, quickly.    Like others, I'm starting to wonder if he even likes Rachel.    Maybe he's one of those guys that the pace and the nature of the show just aren't for him.   We won't see another 1-1 date with him till Switzerland so I guess it will be hard to tell just whats going on.

And since Lee is one of the worst contestants EVER on this show, I'm all for Eric calling him out and making a big deal of his douche ways.   Thank goodness he and others didn't know about the tweets but man is the "Men Tell All" going to be an epic mess.  

Oh, according to Steve's partial spoilers, Iggy is another tattle tale that is going to be shown the door right after tattling.  Sigh, when are these dumb people ever going to learn:  the lead does NOT like tattle tales.   

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

Eric at least seems to actually be romantically interested in her.  The majority of these men aren't.  The more I dig the more I side eye.  I came into this liking demario (already out for lying), will (no chem;only dates white women), and peter (not as into her as she is into him IMO).  I think Alex, Kenny, Josiah, Fred, Dean, and Bryan are actually interested in Rachel but I don't like any of them either for her.  

I agree with you. Except Josiah since I don't remember who he is.

After reading about Lee being a racist pig, I removed the show from my DVR; not because I like Lee and feel disappointed, but because I deal with racism every single day of my life and I don't want to hear a bunch of men who have decided to find a wife on a TV show discuss it, or argue about it. Their thoughts are important, of course, but this is not the platform for it.

But I caught bits and pieces of last night's episode because I couldn't help myself (including Lucas' and Blake's embarrassing exits, and Iggy telling Rachel about Eric, etc.) and I was thinking about the men who seem genuinely interested to me.

Bryan has made it clear from Day One that he wants this. That's the only reason I'm a little hesitant to put him in the genuine category. I feel that no matter who the bachelorette was, he would have said and done the same exact things. But, he is clearly attracted to Rachel and interested.

Fred is genuinely interested. So interested, I started to feel sad for him when they were on the Ellen Show and he realized some of the guys kissed Rachel. I believed him when he said he had crushed on her and was really into her. And I felt badly for him when he expressed frustration that she keeps bringing up that he was a bad kid. (I hope I have the right guy here. Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

And I agree Kenny is genuine, too.

The surprises for me are Alex and Jonathan. Alex's admission that he peed in the pool was a mistake, in my opinion, but he strikes me as someone who would bring Rachel home to meet his family and work hard to make her feel comfortable. And Jonathan's admission that he thinks about sleeping with Rachel seemed honest and goofy - no acting for the cameras there. 

Unfortunately, this news that Peter is not the winner has turned me off enough to decide I probably won't return for the last episodes of the show. If I liked Bryan, I would want to see their final episodes, but I don't. (ETA: I was reading the posts in the episode thread and it seems Bryan was good in this episode. Maybe my opinion of him would change if I watched longer. Maybe after Lee is booted...)

I'd like to see their trip to Switzerland, but I'll just feel sad if Rachel and Peter have a terrific date there. I'll check back to see if the spoilers change again.

Edited by slade3
To clarify that these are my thoughts after seeing only bits of the episode. I did not see Dean or Peter or Josiah, etc.
  • Love 2

There are posters on another board swearing that Peter is definitely F1.  Could it be that a source lied to RS?  Is production finally stepping in to skew his game?  I am not ruling that out.  

I find it hard to believe Eric makes F4.  I wish that was a lie.  

I started out excited for this season but that has faded quickly.   

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

There are posters on another board swearing that Peter is definitely F1.  Could it be that a source lied to RS?  Is production finally stepping in to skew his game?  I am not ruling that out.  

I find it hard to believe Eric makes F4.  I wish that was a lie.  

I started out excited for this season but that has faded quickly.   

You mean the crazy, creepy spoilers forum? One of those posters also said that their source told them that Peter got the FIR, which was false, so dunno how good their source is. Having said that, the meltdown that Peter is not F1 on that forum wasn't as nuclear as I thought it would be. Darn.

• Love 2