Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, CindyBee said:

This show isn't about finding love.  Fleiss has said many times its a social experiment and a TV show.   If "love" happens, so be it but he isn't putting together dates for Rachel to find love.  He's putting together dates that make good TV, that people will talk about on twitter and around the water cooler at work on Tuesday.  

Got it!  I didn't know they had admitted.  My Bachelor friends think it is about finding love. 

Dean, he of "I'm about to go black and I'll never go back" fame, got the first 1-on-1 in South Carolina. And he actually seemed legitimately into her in some of the videos RS posted. There goes my prediction of him being a lock for night 1 elimination. 

2 hours ago, dom16 said:

Dean, he of "I'm about to go black and I'll never go back" fame, got the first 1-on-1 in South Carolina. And he actually seemed legitimately into her in some of the videos RS posted. There goes my prediction of him being a lock for night 1 elimination. 

Well, the men are so unattractive if looks are important to her she does not have a lot to choose from.  Dean is one of the better looking ones that have been spoiled and I don't even think he is that cute. Hopefully the rest have great personalities.   I think he thought he was being cute. If she is taking him on a one on one apparently it did not bother her too much what he said.   Color me sad and disappointed that Blake had to go home for family reasons.  I am hoping they will let him come back in an episode....has the show ever done that?   Maybe she took him on the first one on one to give him a chance to show her more than what he said, or maybe he already apologized or explained it in a way that satisfied her.   I've never watched the Bachelorette and was hoping for some good eye candy, and to see how Rachel handles herself.  I may make an episode or two.

Edited by catrice2
27 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

I am hoping they will let him come back in an episode....has the show ever done that?

Yes, on Jillian's season. Ed said he had to leave because of work, but then asked to come back a few weeks later, and Jillian let him. She ended up choosing him and they stayed together for a year or two.

As pertains to the new season, one of my friends lives in Bluffton, SC.  She posted yesterday from the site of the date that takes place there for Rachel - it's the fourth episode.  It involves a concert with Russell Dickerson (she says he's Country, so ok, I wouldn't know).  The concert didn't start until 10pm.  She missed the sign-up to be an 'extra', but can attend the event that is scheduled for today (Thursday the 30th).

• Love 1

RS has a new blog up and the guy getting today's 1-1 date in South Carolina is Jack, an attorney from Dallas.  Yes she's going on a date with a guy she could have met at a random Dallas bar or attorney function.  Go figure.

Steve also released the names of all 15 guys left and the bios of two more guys:

Josiah: 28, another attorney from Florida

Kenny, 35, a wrestler from Vegas with a young daughter

Of the 15 that are left, I have no idea who could be the "favorite".     Lately, that guy has been getting a date in episode 5 (see Jordan & JoJo in Argentina).

I will say that she seems to have a much higher calibre of guys than JoJo so far. A couple of lawyers, a doctor, chiropractor, accountant, ect. Almost all of these guys are actually educated. Even Eric, the model/PT, graduated magna cum laude. Obviously there are still some mactors/models still around (hi, Kenny), but Blake E is exactly the kind of douche that would've made it to Episode 6 with JoJo and according to RS he was gone very early on. I'm cautiously optimistic about this season. 

• Love 4

Yes, but they are still unattractive.  I wonder if they were so afraid (or had few applicants) that they would not get people that they just jumped at the first people that applied?  A wrestler? Really??  I can't wait for the board to keep me updated, and I know my Daily Mail will.  The one on one guy reminds me of a cartoon character, but I can't place which one.

I actually was going to comment about some of the guys being attractive, the group on Ellen were all attractive to me. I think Rachel has a decent group so far hopefully there will be some good personalities.

Edited by roses
  • Love 7

Yeah, I think there's plenty of good looking guys. Blake K (although he's gone), Bryan (although he seems like a dick), Eric, Josiah, Peter, Alex, Will, and Jack are all attractive to me. And overall I think her group is way better looking than JoJo's guys. Seriously, I think JoJo must've pissed someone off in the casting department. She had the WORST guys, both in personality and looks.

Edited by dom16
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, roses said:

I actually was going to comment about some of the guys being attractive, the group on Ellen were all attractive to me. I think Rachel has a decent group so far hopefully there will be some good personalities.

Maybe they are more attractive to you because you are comparing them to the men that have been on the show before and I don't have that frame of reference. Again, if Ben and Nick and some others I have randomly seen are the threshold, I can see that.  I totally agree with Blake who left, (see above) the Russian is only attractive at a certain angle, and yes, the Peter guy is somewhat attractive.  I don't know why you would ever share an instagram with a friend when you are a grown man...but then again, I don't know much about social media. 

I have not yet seen the rest, but the snippets and photos that were in the Daily Mail were not favorable. Again, that depends on what you like and what you are attracted to.  Since Rachel was attracted to Nick, she may be perfectly happy.  By the way, Nick had a pretty nice body, but it was not outstanding.  The rest of him was a total turnoff.  

I too hope she gets some great personalities. 

2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I haven't seen a single dude in the lineup who is as ugly as Ben Flajnik, and that dude was the LEAD, so I think calling these guys ugly is a bit extreme. They are plenty attractive IMO.

High five 

• Love 3
(edited)

Jack is SMOKIN' hot.  And obviously smart, as he has a law degree, though no idea if he's a practicing attorney.   Looks like lots of legal eagles on this season for Rachel.  

And while it's nice to have things in common with the person your're dating and common frames of reference, I think it would get tedious to have the same job, even with different firms.  Both people working typical lawyer's hours wouldn't leave much time for anything else. 

Rachel is fairly attractive, but I don't think she's even as attractive as Ashley or Des and certainly not in the same class as Emily, Andi, Trista or Ali.  I'm "meh" on JoJo's looks, because I think she looks so much like Becca, country singer Maren Morris and a few thousand other girls seen regularly on random TV shows & videos.  Common and forgettable.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, leighdear said:

Jack is SMOKIN' hot.  And obviously smart, as he has a law degree, though no idea if he's a practicing attorney.   Looks like lots of legal eagles on this season for Rachel.  

And while it's nice to have things in common with the person your're dating and common frames of reference, I think it would get tedious to have the same job, even with different firms.  Both people working typical lawyer's hours wouldn't leave much time for anything else. 

Rachel is fairly attractive, but I don't think she's even as attractive as Ashley or Des and certainly not in the same class as Emily, Andi, Trista or Ali.  I'm "meh" on JoJo's looks, because I think she looks so much like Becca, country singer Maren Morris and a few thousand other girls seen regularly on random TV shows & videos.  Common and forgettable.  

I agree.  Many who graduate from law school don't go on to practice law.  I have no idea exactly why though!  

Where are you viewing her men?  RS?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

Where are you viewing her men?  RS?

Yes, Reality Steve has posted pics & some bio info of some of the guys already, plus clips that others have filmed of the dates so far.  He also posts some pics on his Twitter feed, with other people contributing content as the public dates happen.  I think he said they're on about the 4th date, but still in the US.  

(edited)
37 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Yes, Reality Steve has posted pics & some bio info of some of the guys already, plus clips that others have filmed of the dates so far.  He also posts some pics on his Twitter feed, with other people contributing content as the public dates happen.  I think he said they're on about the 4th date, but still in the US.  

Thanks. I have been slow this season. I did go over there earlier today.  There are 2 Blakes, one white, one Asian.  Which one is gone? 

Peter is the one I think is hot. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Both Blakes are gone.    Nice Blake had to leave early due to we think a family situation and tool Blake only will be on a couple of episodes.  

So that's good to know that Rachel's tool meter must be pretty decent.   But I'm sure there are a few tools left to amuse us during the remainder of the season.

14 hours ago, wings707 said:

I agree.  Many who graduate from law school don't go on to practice law.  I have no idea exactly why though!  

I have a law degree and opted to teach law to journalism students instead of practicing. There are many reasons people choose not to practice. Lots of attorneys just burn out after awhile. It's a stressful job and most of us are passionate about other things.

• Love 2
(edited)

They're filming episode 5 right now in Norway, and then they're going to Denmark and Sweden for the next two episodes. Hopefully the fantasy suites and finale are in a tropical location though. 

Edited by dom16

I like it when they go to Europe so will be looking forward to seeing Rachel and her guys trek through Norway, Sweden and Denmark but agree, hopefully after they do hometowns, they go off somewhere tropical. 

So it looks like it will be:

South Carolina: 15 guys

Oslo: 12 or so

Denmark/Sweden: 9

Denmark/Sweden: 6

RS has posted the blog most recently. There was a planned visit to Sweden for episode 7, but producers changed to different location in Switzerland due to a terrorist incident happened in Sweden's capital of Stockholm a week ago.

As so, the destination list will happen that you'll see:

South Carolina (episode 4): 15 guys

Norway (episode 5): 12 guys

Denmark (episode 6): 9 guys

Switzerland (episode 7): 6 guys

On 4/2/2017 at 4:57 AM, CindyBee said:

Both Blakes are gone.    Nice Blake had to leave early due to we think a family situation and tool Blake only will be on a couple of episodes.  

So that's good to know that Rachel's tool meter must be pretty decent.   But I'm sure there are a few tools left to amuse us during the remainder of the season.

Anyone else gone?  Usually by now we have more info from him.  Granted I have not been to his site yet.  For some reason I find it frustrating to navigate and find what I am looking for.  Anyone else have this problem?  I am adept at using websites, for cryin' out loud, I shop, talk, post and live my life on the damn internet when I am not rescuing dogs.  Or maybe I become impatient quickly because he annoys me.  

• Love 1
On 4/15/2017 at 6:31 PM, wings707 said:

Anyone else gone?  Usually by now we have more info from him.  Granted I have not been to his site yet.  For some reason I find it frustrating to navigate and find what I am looking for.  Anyone else have this problem?  I am adept at using websites, for cryin' out loud, I shop, talk, post and live my life on the damn internet when I am not rescuing dogs.  Or maybe I become impatient quickly because he annoys me.  

Lots of guys have gone home---final 6 are finishing up filming in Switzerland.    There's no list on RS site on who those six are as he hasn't been updating as the guys leave.   And its hard to keep track on your own with some guys going immediately on social media and some who stay radio silent.    

I do think with 'hometown' dates going to be just guys going to Dallas to meet Rachel's family per a podcast with Robert Mills, that RS will release sometime this week who the final 4 are but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

3 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Lots of guys have gone home---final 6 are finishing up filming in Switzerland.    There's no list on RS site on who those six are as he hasn't been updating as the guys leave.   And its hard to keep track on your own with some guys going immediately on social media and some who stay radio silent.    

I do think with 'hometown' dates going to be just guys going to Dallas to meet Rachel's family per a podcast with Robert Mills, that RS will release sometime this week who the final 4 are but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yes I figured many have been eliminated, I was looking for names.  :^). 

The stalker, AKA my friend, said that one of the girls is in Dallas.  I wonder if they are doing something different with one of Rachel's "besties" helping her vet the final few?   Then again, the way people in this franchise attend bars for appearance fees, maybe they are just here for that? 

I do know on Daily Mail a few weeks ago they had Corinne, Raven, and Alexis on a date with Rachel.  I don't know if they usually do this on the show or not, which makes me think they may try different things this season.   

• Love 1
On 4/17/2017 at 10:26 AM, catrice2 said:

The stalker, AKA my friend, said that one of the girls is in Dallas.  I wonder if they are doing something different with one of Rachel's "besties" helping her vet the final few?   Then again, the way people in this franchise attend bars for appearance fees, maybe they are just here for that? 

I do know on Daily Mail a few weeks ago they had Corinne, Raven, and Alexis on a date with Rachel.  I don't know if they usually do this on the show or not, which makes me think they may try different things this season.   

I hope they are. This show needs some changes, it has been stale for a long time. 

• Love 1

RS said in his blog that the final four is set but he only knows 3 of the 4 so no names today.    And nothing yet on just what hometowns will be--Rachel going to four different cities or the four guys coming to Dallas.  IF its the latter, Steve being in Dallas too means his scoop probably will be even more concrete. 

Just a guess that Dr. Bryan, the chiropractor that was on the Ellen date is one of the 4.    For my eyecandy, hopefully Alex the ex russian swimmer from Michigan is too.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

And nothing yet on just what hometowns will be--Rachel going to four different cities or the four guys coming to Dallas.

Why would the four guys be coming to Dallas? Historically it's always* been the lead going to the final four's hometowns, and the final two meeting the lead's family at whatever the final proposal destination is. More recently (Ben H and Nick's seasons) there have been stops in the lead's hometown earlier in the season, where some contestants are introduced to the lead's family, but those meetings are more of a drive-by nature. 

*except on Kaitlyn's season

17 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Why would the four guys be coming to Dallas? Historically it's always* been the lead going to the final four's hometowns, and the final two meeting the lead's family at whatever the final proposal destination is. More recently (Ben H and Nick's seasons) there have been stops in the lead's hometown earlier in the season, where some contestants are introduced to the lead's family, but those meetings are more of a drive-by nature. 

*except on Kaitlyn's season

Admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention to spoilers but I glanced at the other spoiler board and it appears that the producer, Robert Mills, did an interview and indicated that they might be forgoing the hometowns and instead the four guys will come to Dallas and meet Rachel's family because her sister is too pregnant to travel and won't come to the FRC destination.

I'm not sure what the two have to do with each other and again, I only gave it a glance so I may be mistaken. By the way, it seems like the spoilers are hinting at Bryan making it very far and many don't seem happy about that because he was the one on Ellen who made the sloppy seconds comment. Some don't seem too excited about Rachel's potential four at all, which I think is funny since nothing is really known about most of the guys, other than their names, where they're from and careers. 

1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

Admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention to spoilers but I glanced at the other spoiler board and it appears that the producer, Robert Mills, did an interview and indicated that they might be forgoing the hometowns and instead the four guys will come to Dallas and meet Rachel's family because her sister is too pregnant to travel and won't come to the FRC destination.

I'm not sure what the two have to do with each other and again, I only gave it a glance so I may be mistaken. By the way, it seems like the spoilers are hinting at Bryan making it very far and many don't seem happy about that because he was the one on Ellen who made the sloppy seconds comment. Some don't seem too excited about Rachel's potential four at all, which I think is funny since nothing is really known about most of the guys, other than their names, where they're from and careers. 

What other spoiler board?  Thanks. 

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So we're not going to see the final four's hometowns and meet their families? That's one of my favorite parts of the show. :(

• Love 1
Just now, chocolatine said:

So we're not going to see the final four's hometowns and meet their families? That's one of my favorite parts of the show. :(

Well again, I don't think it's been confirmed yet and it's still speculation. He did say it wouldn't be the usual hometown dates.

23 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Rachel is in Miami today with Dr. Bryan according to RS/social media.   So either they never were going to Dallas or changed their minds.

Fingers crossed for lots of crazy family bits for us to enjoy sometime in July!

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

My lord. My friend called today to say that Peter, ( who is one of the few that I thought was attractive) had a hometown date today.  She has given me so many details  and she has viewed so many pictures that I will admit I am impressed with "Bachelor Nation's" ability to get information.  Seriously, these people should be out investigating the Russian connections and D.B Cooper and other unsolved crimes.  There must be a network of Bachelor spies everywhere.  Every year she knows most of what has happened before the show, but watches it anyway! 

She actually sent me some pictures of Peter that have me totally impressed!  I believe she said he was a fitness model or something , so it makes sense he is in shape.  I will be interested to see if Rachel ends up with someone athletic, not just in good shape. She seemed to say somethings about liking sports so she may be outdoorsy.  Apparently she was also very lovey dovey with the previous hometown date.  I had to go back and watch the Ellen clip because interestingly enough both of the two were in that clip.  I am not impressed with Dr. Bryan in that clip.  Although he seems in shape, I don't see him as sporty, and I really did not like his spilling the beans about kissing her and the "sloppy seconds," crack.  He also looked awkward dancing, but then again they all did except Will. 

I live close to where Rachel is from.   I am still confused about why people think she is coming to Dallas.  I thought hometown dates were in the person's hometown?  Or do they bring the final two home?  I guess I can ask her, but she gets exasperated because she KNOWS she has probably told me 99 times before. 

I don't  know if Jack had not been released,  when I looked at pictures or what, but my attractive meter registers : Peter, Will , Jack  Eric and Dean (both in a baby faced way) Alex, not necessarily in that order.   I know pictures sometimes make you look bad, so I will have to tune in and see if my opinion changes. There were a couple of others, but I can't remember their names.  Jack is apparently from Dallas. Wouldn't it be crazy if she ended up with someone she could have met at home? 

After the comments above  about how cute the guys are, I went back to look at Jo Jo's guys and I do think some of these are an upgrade. Didn't go back to other seasons, but I've seen Sean Lowe, the farmer and some others that were previously on the show in media, so I don't think it took much for her guys to be more attractive than previous seasons. 

I am still mourning the fact that Blake K. had to go home.   I think  he may have been the total package.  

She is speculating that the next hometown dates are Dean and Eric,or Dean and Alex.  That would be interesting because according to her Dean was on the after show and made the "going black" comment as was Eric, and Alex was on Ellen.  It would appear that the guys involved in those two things may be doing well.  

Dean just looks boyish to me, but then again she was attracted to Nick.   Ben H. also looked very boyish.  At this point if he doesn't win from an attractiveness standpoint I can easily see Peter as the next Bachelor....or they could give it to Jack!  

Edited by catrice2
  • Love 3

@catrice2. that is excellent information.  Thanks.  

Peter is my favorite from his picture, I am glad he is still in it.  I always keep my eye peeled for good Bach options. 

Looks like the 4 are out of Peter, Bryan, Dean, Eric and Alex.   

Edited by wings707

Let's put it this way, if Peter or Jack are the next Bachelor I may have to break tradition and watch a whole season every episode!  

Alex seems strange to me and that dancing was something else.   Why am I bothered by the fact that he shares an Instagram with one of his friends ?  He also seems like he could be a little  immature .Don't know about Dean he just looks young and boyish , no info on Eric.  It will be interesting to see who she chooses. 

What makes you think Jack is no longer in the running? Unless it's just a chemistry thing or he's just has other issues I would be surprised that she kept Dean instead of him.  I would also be surprised if she wanted someone 4 or 5 years younger than her but who knows? It seems like she was very friendly with more of the younger girls on her season.

This sounds crazy but she sent me a picture and it's clear that Peter has a gap or something in his teeth just like Rachel. Honestly sometimes I worry about her. She knows more about these men than their families probably do. I keep trying to get her to come to this board, but she doesn't like previously TV for some reason and she has some other stuff that she follows.  This is about as much as I can do if it's not in the Daily Mail.

She said overall it was a very very diverse cast, but backlash is already starting because there are not more minorities in the final four. I thought dr. Bryan was Cuban?  People are always going to have something to complain about. I'm sure this season is going to be picked apart. I've never watched The Bachelorette but I may watch a couple of episodes.

By the way I also saw her promo poster and she is absolutely stunning on it.

• Love 1

According to RS, hometown date #3 was yesterday with Dean Unglert.   So that's Dr. Bryan, Peter and Dean as part of the final 4.   Didn't say who the fourth guy is but hopefully that will come out soon.

Then its off to Dallas for the final 4 rose ceremony on Thursday and for the guys to meet her family since they will not be traveling overseas to the final 2 location due to Rachel's sister being pregnant.  and probably cause judge Dad wasn't going either.   Bet he is going to meet the guys off camera, like he did with Nick.

I bet Jack has the last hometown, since he lives in Dallas. I hope the Social Justice Warrior fans on Twitter don't lose their minds at Rachel if she doesn't have any black guys in the final 4. 

• Love 6
On 4/23/2017 at 7:07 AM, catrice2 said:

Let's put it this way, if Peter or Jack are the next Bachelor I may have to break tradition and watch a whole season every episode!  

Alex seems strange to me and that dancing was something else.   Why am I bothered by the fact that he shares an Instagram with one of his friends ?  He also seems like he could be a little  immature .Don't know about Dean he just looks young and boyish , no info on Eric.  It will be interesting to see who she chooses. 

What makes you think Jack is no longer in the running? Unless it's just a chemistry thing or he's just has other issues I would be surprised that she kept Dean instead of him.  I would also be surprised if she wanted someone 4 or 5 years younger than her but who knows? It seems like she was very friendly with more of the younger girls on her season.

This sounds crazy but she sent me a picture and it's clear that Peter has a gap or something in his teeth just like Rachel. Honestly sometimes I worry about her. She knows more about these men than their families probably do. I keep trying to get her to come to this board, but she doesn't like previously TV for some reason and she has some other stuff that she follows.  This is about as much as I can do if it's not in the Daily Mail.

She said overall it was a very very diverse cast, but backlash is already starting because there are not more minorities in the final four. I thought dr. Bryan was Cuban?  People are always going to have something to complain about. I'm sure this season is going to be picked apart. I've never watched The Bachelorette but I may watch a couple of episodes.

By the way I also saw her promo poster and she is absolutely stunning on it.

Posters here run the gambit of trashing reality people to loving them.  She probably sticks to fan sites. 

On 4/25/2017 at 0:08 PM, dom16 said:

I bet Jack has the last hometown, since he lives in Dallas. I hope the Social Justice Warrior fans on Twitter don't lose their minds at Rachel if she doesn't have any black guys in the final 4. 

Good luck with that. The first African American lead in the franchise history with not one African American in her Final 4 and you think that won't get a reaction online? Yeah no...  I personally don't care but I'm sure I'll be in the minority on that. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Good luck with that. The first African American lead in the franchise history with not one African American in her Final 4 and you think that won't get a reaction online? Yeah no...  I personally don't care but I'm sure I'll be in the minority on that. 

I am with you.  The lead chooses men who offer the promise of 'maybe this could work.'  It is her choice and that is fine with me.  I don't get too wrapped up in this franchise.  

• Love 1

Crisis adverted, as Eric is the 4th guy and having his hometown date tonight in Baltimore according to RS.    

Jack didn't even make it to Europe;  he went out on his 1/1 date in South Carolina;  guess she was serious with the "no lawyers".  

1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Crisis adverted, as Eric is the 4th guy and having his hometown date tonight in Baltimore according to RS.    

Jack didn't even make it to Europe;  he went out on his 1/1 date in South Carolina;  guess she was serious with the "no lawyers".  

Ha ha

Well I guess the final four is set. I honestly don't see Rachel choosing Peter or Dean mainly because I really think they want Peter for The Bachelor.  I may be surprised but I think Dean is too young for her. It is interesting to me that of the final four two of the guys are ones that were on the show at the end of the season and the other two were on the date early in the season with Ellen. I wonder if a case could be made that the ones who got to meet her early had an unfair advantage.  I wonder if she could be one that does not agree to get engaged on the show. It's also interesting that she has a very diverse Final Four.  I'm so cynical about this show that I think everything is manufactured and manipulated.

According to the stalker somebody from the show gave some interview before the fourth Hometown date and when asked how Rachel was doing he said she was exhausted and in love. Now unless she was just going through the motions with the other guys he said she was in love before she had the fourth Hometown date unless he thinks she's in love with more than one person or she was in love with the fourth guy and was just doing the other three dates because she had to .