Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E16: Maui Mayhem

• Start Topic

As for the "Kandi let her mom call Todd's father a pimp."  the biggest difference is that being a pimp is a terrible thing, but its also easily disprovable.  A plan to drug, kidnap and rape someone is very hard to prove or disprove.  The drugs that are used don't last very long, and people don't remember what happened.  For this reason they normally attribute it to alcohol consumption and poor decision making on their part.  Because of that, the allegation is hard to prove.....more importantly, its hard to disprove.

Since you can't prove that the drugs exist in the system after a few hours, you can't DISPROVE that the drugs were ever in the system either.

Since the drugging of the person is the key to the rape and kidnap, you can't prove that the person didn't give consent, because you can't prove the drugs in their system.  But then you also can't DISPROVE it either.

Now taking it a step further.  Even if someone puts these drugs in a non-alcoholic drink, like a soda, because the drugs quickly become untraceable -- you STILL can't prove that the drugs were in the system.  You also can't DISPROVE it.

Which means that a person doing something like this is unlikely to get caught, because most of the time there will be a lack of evidence that allows you to prove the charge or DISPROVE the charge.

Therefore, someone like Kandi can't disprove these allegations made against her, because there is no real concrete way to prove the allegations, so in the converse she can't disprove the allegations.

Which means that Kandi is simply followed around by rumors that she drugs, kidnaps and rapes people without the concrete ability to  disprove the rumors.  Especially when Dummy Porsha won't admit to making shit up, and keeps trying to blame some imaginary friend from the streets.

This means that if I'm a parent of a young child, I'm probably going to be better safe than sorry and not send my child to Kandi's house because I don't want them slipping my kid a laced drink and dragging her off to some sex dungeon.  And if I'm the parent of a young artist that Kandi wants to work with, I have the same thought.  And if I'm meeting Kandi for the first time at a club, I can't trust her enough to drink with her.

And by the same token, now Kandi has to be extra careful to avoid people who, realizing that the rumor is out there, would accuse her of doing this just to make a quick buck.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Yes, I compared this to MJ, because unproven accusations of sexual abuse followed MJ around for the rest of his life.  Unsubstantiated rumors.

The same sort of unsubstantiated and unproven accusations that Porsha has made up against Kandi.

In the case of MJ, it was the father of a thirteen year old boy who claimed that MJ abused his son.  

In the case of Kandi, Porsha said that an unnamed third party told her that they heard Kandi and Todd wanted to kidnap Porsha, drug her and have sex with her.

MJ's allegations were more serious because it involved a minor child.

Should Kandi be upset?  Yes, but the hysterics and threats of violence didn't help her case IMO.  She should move to get Porsha (who really shouldn't be on the show IMO, but hey, you need someone to start drama) off the show.

I don't know, but I think it's just as bad to accuse someone's mother of being a prostitute and their father of being a pimp.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, RealReality said:

Does Bob have CTE?

Have you ever been accused of being a drugging rapist on national TV, by a stubborn lying nitwit?

Because I'm an honest person, and I completely understand Kandi's anger. 

MJ settled out of court and never admitted any wrongdoing, and those allegations of sexual abuse followed him around for the rest of his life.  Its very serious, and its disgusting that Phaedra and Porsha act like its no big deal.

However, I assume its not a big deal to Porsha and Phaedra because both are used to being liars, so they have no idea how honest people operate.

The best part was Porsha being completely tickled by Kandi being so upset and threatening violence because apparently Porsha has really grown because she didn't get angry or violent - we've seen this idiot get angry and violent for things that are FAR less outrageous than what she's said to Kandi and how she confronted Kandi. Kandi learned her lesson the second time around and kept her cool during the group sit down (but Kandi always has this thing when she's getting confrontational or is trying to address her feelings, she always sounds like she's on the verge of breaking down into tears).

I'm glad that Porsha's anger management has helped her with her violent tendencies. And it's a good thing, because it's been able to make clear that the dummy needs a psychologist too to help her sort through her fucked up head.

• Love 8

Why the hell did I watch this last night?

I'm tired  of the sturm und drang over dumb Porsha's slanderous claims ob Kandi. If she ignores it, people wonder why she's not denying it and if she objects,  people wonder why she's overreacting. 

Phaedra is not just a hypocrite,  she's a Pharisee. 

I do not believe Sheree's implication that Bob physically abused her any more than her claiming to want to get back together with him. Sheree has a chateaux to pay for and needs that Bravo money desperately. 

Why is Peter in Hawai'i with the gals?

Holy crap! Kenya didn't annoy me! Did Hell just freeze over?

Edited by Ubiquitous
Spelling.
  • Love 1

A friend just called about this episode, I said how I thought Kandi over-reacted, she said.  "No, Kandi's just playing her part.  Had she not had an over the top reaction, it would be seen as boring."  

These women signed up for reality TV.  They know what's expected of them, the crazier they are, the more over the top they are, the more likely they'll stay on the show.  A healthy person would be considered "boring."  The was why I couldn't understand why Kim Fields joined the cast.  Maybe she didn't get what the show was really about, what was expected of her, I think she figured it out and left (smart woman).

I wonder if Porsha and Kandi will be in the cast next season (assuming there will be a next season).

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Wasn't Kandi engaged to a man who had like six or seven baby mamas?  I wonder how Kandi's brand would have been had he lived?

I can't stand Kandi, I find her very ignorant, I sense she's one of those people who don't believe in therapy.

I can't stand her either. She reminds me of the type of person who never leaves the ghetto behind. Classless. 

Kandi should have laughed it off. Responded with, I've had my experiences, quoted Suge Avery from the Color Purple "but I'se married now" and kept it moving. Instead, she had to be her typical ghetto self and blow it out of proportions. This is how people get killed in the hood over silly shit like pork chops. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Why did Porsha open her robe to reveal her boobs when Todd went to open the door for Phaedra?

She wanted to try that threesome with Todd2 and Phaedra since it didn't work out with Todd1 and Kandi?  :)

9 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

ing about and adjusting her ass in front of Porsha and her man like that?! If anyone, especially Kenya, had done that when she and Apollo were still together she would be calling them all kinds of whore.

Sometimes I enjoy Phaedra but that was especially gross to me.

• Love 5

Is Bob brain damaged from too many football related concussions?! He makes my stomach turn. Phaedra is a piece of work-so phony. 

I don't care if Cynthia and Peter are divorced-he makes me laugh so he can stay. 

When Kenya seems like the stable voice of reason you know the show has sunk to new levels of ick. 

• Love 5

I forgot to mention how infuriating Dumb Porsha's refusal to acknowledge when she does something wrong, for example, her reaction to Kandi's request for her not to be there.

Why does Pharisee Phaedra insist on wearing those nasty outfits to the beach?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 7

So much hot mess to sort out.  I have a feeling this may be my last season with ATL after the reunion.

My thoughts on the hot messerie:

Kenya vs. Sheree – Score Sheree. Kenya take note, that is how you play a phony relationship on the show and come out on top of the story.  Sheree chose her scheming partner well and successfully controlled the storyline while Kenya’s fell apart because her scheming partner was an unpredictable hot mess. Sheree can bow out of the fake story line and get some sympathy.  (to be clear, I do not condone violence against women and Bob has shown he has not grown nor has adequate enough remorse. The car conversation was disgusting, that aside, their reconciliation story was fake)  

Listening vs. housewives – again the housewives prove that they are waging a war on listening.   I am not often a fan of Kenya but the convo with Sheree was frustrating because every time Sheree spoke I kept thinking “That’s not what Kenya is saying. Will u be quiet and listen!”  Kenya also did herself no favors by not expressing herself clearly.  But then again that would be too much like avoiding drama, and you can’t have that.

Kandi vs. Porsha - Can’t wait to the reunion where she will undoubtedly get raked over the coals for the admitted lie of making up the drug, rape and dungeon story.  I don’t think Kandi overreacted.  I think Kandi, having been in the “industry” and being a celebrity longer than any of the other housewives, knows how rumors and lies can damage a person’s reputation and marketability.  Because of Porsha’s lie in today’s world of internet access to information and nothing really ever going away, Kandi’s name will always be connected to this lie.  I would be choking mad if someone who I considered a friend put such a heinous lie out there about me for a show, story line and paycheck.

Phaedra and the restoration BS – I seriously rolled my eyes when Phaedra suggested this. So typical of her.  You pretty much have a big role in each of the battles going on with the women and now you want to look good by taking the “higher ground” and get spiritual.  As those who commented, it was a complete waste of time.  Phaedra, you may be a lawyer and can spin a pretty tale but you can tell there was no plan or much thought put into how to moderate the discussion to be productive.  If you felt so strongly about truly getting everyone on the same page you would have done the work to prepare and guide the conversation.  I can see at the reunion her position is going to be “I wanted us to get beyond this because we are all strong black women who should support one another and not tear each other down, blah blah blah”  conveniently glossing over her role in all of the drama.

Reunion = Hot Mess Lava Level event.  

• Love 13

damn I almost forgot this:

Bob:  Have I ever choked you?

'damo:  muffucah what?  do you believe the ability to keep your hands from around a woman's neck a standard of restraint?

Sheree:  {{nods yes}}

'damo:   muffucah what?   Get your ass of this tv right now.

Bob:  did you die?

me:  to production:  Cut, end scene.   BSOJ Reads:  Due a conflict in scheduling, Bob Whitfield could not join us for the conclusion of this episode.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Is Kandi mentally ill?  She was sobbing hysterically as if somebody in her family died.  She better watch her blood pressure because she looked like she was headed for a stroke.  Kandi has a husband, children, a new baby, money... I don't get her hysterics.

I don't know but I'm pretty familiar with being so angry and pissed that you start to cry.

Besides it don't need to take much. Kandi is the type to keep it together and let dumb shit flow by. She's the most controlled out of all of them but when the final straw hits it hits big so I'm totally not surprised. Hell I've been stressed with life, this that the other, constantly rolling through my days taking deep breaths when necessary, rolling my eyes at spilled milk, forgotten appointments, missing the school bus, sighing about money issues and surprise bills I can't pay. Last week I couldn't thread a needle for something I wanted to mend and after what felt like a million failed attempts I broke down sobbing uncontrollably for like an hour....  Sometimes it's just tiresome to keep a level head at ALL TIMES.  The saying "the straw that broke the camels back" means the smallest of things causes the final break.

And considering that what Porsha is throwing out there is a hell of a lot heavier than a straw I'm not one bit surprised that Kandi just let loose on her emotions. And to be honest it's not like she was completely uncontrollable. Aside from the first minute or so she was just being loud and crying and not holding back. I didn't take it like she became unhinged or anything I took like she was tired of playing nice and was not holding back anymore and she was just letting it all out.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

A friend just called about this episode, I said how I thought Kandi over-reacted, she said.  "No, Kandi's just playing her part.  Had she not had an over the top reaction, it would be seen as boring."  

These women signed up for reality TV.  They know what's expected of them, the crazier they are, the more over the top they are, the more likely they'll stay on the show.  A healthy person would be considered "boring."  The was why I couldn't understand why Kim Fields joined the cast.  Maybe she didn't get what the show was really about, what was expected of her, I think she figured it out and left (smart woman).

I wonder if Porsha and Kandi will be in the cast next season (assuming there will be a next season).

It's what the viewers of these shows expect - the catfights, the over the top drama (most of which is scripted).  In reality, most of these women's lives are pretty average.  Most do not have "storylines". 

IMO, the first season of each HW franchise was always the best.  You didn't have people posturing for the camera as much and the cast had a relationship prior to the show.

RHOA is still one of BRAVO's highest rated shows.

Edited by escape
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Neurochick said:

An over reaction isn't measured by how we think we might reat, it's measured by the severity of the situation and the individual's personality. I would be surprised if most people agreed with you that the reaction was an over reaction once they were informed of what incited that level of rage and anger.

Also, I think these women would have some sense to know what boundaries they wouldn't cross. Yes, they have to play up the drama but people talk about reality TV as if they plan a loose script. Reality TV starts with casting - they cast personalities that they feel will have conflict with one another and they always have one or two central characters that have that 'DGAF' attitude that's guaranteed drama (ex. Nene, Kenya, Bethenny, Tamra, etc.). A 'healthy' person doesn't mean someone who can't get into conflict or have drama. We average Joe's aren't saints. We're likely to be characterized as boring because the average person doesn't put themselves in situations where they have to fraternize and hang out with people they don't get along with and don't like.  These women are paid to confront uncomfortable situations but that doesn't mean that any one of them should expect or accept someone who is reaching far too hard to be relevant just for the sake of a pay cheque.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Yeah I think Sheree must have no memory of that conversation with Kenya because she was the one who said Kenya provoked Matt and denied every being a victim of DV so how  is that Kenya mocking her abuse.

Because it's a convenient story line since Chateau Can'tPay ain't cutting it.....And she still needs to pay it off.

Also, if I was in that car and Bob said that shit about how maybe he didn't choke her hard enough?  Lawd-a-mercy!  He would have gotten my pocket knife in his leg.

3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I always enjoy Vacation Kenya because she tends to just enjoy herself (except for last season in Jamaica when she was salty over Kim earning the director spot)/  When Kenya is the least offensive, that's problematic.

• Love 13

A little OT, Cynthia was on WWHL and said she just started dating recently so I guess she and Peter are not back together. She also said Todd was the one that invited Peter to Hawaii, not her. Andy Cohen gave her the name of a "rich people" dating website and she was all excited about that, lol. I guess even beautiful and somewhat well known D-list celebs need help finding love, too! 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

A little OT, Cynthia was on WWHL and said she just started dating recently so I guess she and Peter are not back together. She also said Todd was the one that invited Peter to Hawaii, not her. Andy Cohen gave her the name of a "rich people" dating website and she was all excited about that, lol. I guess even beautiful and somewhat well known D-list celebs need help finding love, too! 

Yes, she did but she didn't say the divorce was final and she had a ring on her left ring finger that looked like a wedding band. LOL

• Love 2

Of the scores and scores of issues I have with Kenya, I finally figured out what my main foundation is for not liking her.

She cannot do something nice for someone without expecting something nice in return or expecting that to reverse every shitty thing she's done to them in the past.

She comforted Sheree, as she should have.  It was a nice gesture and I applauded her for it.  Then she walks into that room and starts going off on Sheree again about her lying about having been beaten in the past.

Why couldn't Kenya have just left that comfort in the car where it was?  Whether or not Sheree was lying in the car about the abuse doesn't matter to me, Kenya thought she was telling the truth and that it was egregious enough that Sheree needed comfort.  To throw it in her face later is some bullshit.  

Because Sheree didn't lie down and tell Kenya she was sorry and she was wrong about her then Kenya got nasty again.  It doesn't work like that.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Yeah, I'm sure Kandi planned it so that her restaurant would open at the same time she was being called a kidnapping rapist who drugs people on TV.

I'm not so sure. No one at any site I read believes Porsha's claim, no one. Anyone that would buy into it was someone that really disliked Kandi to begin with and would never go to her restaurant no matter what. She started out this season in the middle of the group as far as fan/viewer support goes, now she has the majority of viewer support, which bodes well for her restaurant opening. This whole season has been centered on 2 HWs, Kenya (with her ongoing Matt issues) and Kandi (first with Brock and now with Phaedra/Porsha) and Kandi is pulling ahead of Kenya as being the main HW this season by leaps and bounds. So, Yes, the opening of the restaurant when her popularity/support are at an all time high is a smart business move. LOL

Yes, I'm sure Kandi had the foresight to plan out her how story arc would go relative to how favorable she would or wouldn't be.

And I'm glad nobody on any of other sites you visited believe Porsha's claim, even if they may nor may not represent the entire viewing public.

• Love 5

A tear wipe with no tears?  How dreadful.   

I see what you did there.

Kandi should have laughed it off. Responded with, I've had my experiences, quoted Suge Avery from the Color Purple "but I'se married now" and kept it moving. Instead, she had to be her typical ghetto self and blow it out of proportions

I can't speak for everyone, but if one of my co-workers announced to the rest of my co-workers something untrue like her hearing that I was a child molester, my reaction would be to chuckle "Girl, you so crazy!" and walk away laughing some more.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Yes, I'm sure Kandi had the foresight to plan out her how story arc would go relative to how favorable she would or wouldn't be.

And I'm glad nobody on any of other sites you visited believe Porsha's claim, even if they may nor may not represent the entire viewing public.

Both Kandi and Todd are Reality TV savvy, especially Todd on the production end, so Yes, I do think they knew she would come out on top. Also, the opening has been put off several times, enough for them to get an idea of how the season would go for them, so I do think they delayed it to time with the season finale or when the reunion airs. 

• Love 2

And that's fine if people want to believe that.

Think of all the marketing opportunities Kandi and Todd now have.

"If you can find the secret sex dungeon, your meal is free!"

"Don't worry, we won't roofie you...on your first visit ;)"

Etc, etc.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

This whole season has been centered on 2 HWs, Kenya (with her ongoing Matt issues) and Kandi (first with Brock and now with Phaedra/Porsha) and Kandi is pulling ahead of Kenya as being the main HW this season by leaps and bounds. So, Yes, the opening of the restaurant when her popularity/support are at an all time high is a smart business move. LOL

This season actually has been centered around more Porsha than Kenya.

With something like a restaurant, where you have to physically be a customer, it's going to much more difficult to translate the HW fan support - compared to if she was selling a product line that fans can order.

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, escape said:

This season actually has been centered around more Porsha than Kenya.

With something like a restaurant, where you have to physically be a customer, it's going to much more difficult to translate the HW fan support - compared to if she was selling a product line that fans can order.

I agree about both but this Kandi/Porsha fight is happening in the second half of the season but before their fight, it was all Kenya/Matt. Yes, she does need customers showing up to the restaurant and having the bulk of viewer support can and will translate into customers going to her restaurant (ask LisaV [BH]). Also, I am sure she has seen increased sales of her "adult toy" line as well, Oh, and least I forget, an increase of her Ace clothing line and an increase of Riley's single sales/downloads (both of which she tweets reminders for her fans/supports to buy). LOL

• Love 1

Listening to the episode while making roast chicken and veggies in the kitchen.  Did I hear Porsha say that she only lied because Kandi said something about her and so she had to retaliate with something about her?  How very mature!

• Love 13

Her consistent point to Phaedra has been that she's ineligible to express any friendship criticism when what she based it on was Kandi's negligence in consoling her about a relationship Phaedra herself no longer cared about.    

Here's the thing though...I can talk about my man but even my best friend can't. Your role is to just listen; I think Kandi missed that memo. Phaedra can say "I can't wait until his ass goes to jail.  There's a barista at my local starbucks that thinks I'm cute puts extra chocolate in my latte."  Saying that doesn't mean she's not sad about her family breaking up.  I think Kandi is a bad friend. Insisting Phaedra take the boys to prison to visit Apollo, hiding stuff from the fucking Feds for Apollo--that's not being a good friend.

Phaedra lies. Porsha isn't bright. None of that makes Kandi a less bad friend. 

Sheree--girl I hope all this is worth it.

Kenya--stop wasting your money on paid partners and get some therapy. You're pathetic and everyone sees it. Oh and try shutting the fuck up sometimes.

Cynthia--You can shut the fuck up too! Everybody in the world knew Peter was a fuckboi except you.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

In the case of MJ, it was the father of a thirteen year old boy who claimed that MJ abused his son.  

In the case of Kandi, Porsha said that an unnamed third party told her that they heard Kandi and Todd wanted to kidnap Porsha, drug her and have sex with her.

MJ's allegations were more serious because it involved a minor child.

Should Kandi be upset?  Yes, but the hysterics and threats of violence didn't help her case IMO.  She should move to get Porsha (who really shouldn't be on the show IMO, but hey, you need someone to start drama) off the show.

I don't know, but I think it's just as bad to accuse someone's mother of being a prostitute and their father of being a pimp.

Exactly, two unsubstantiated rumors.

Any allegation of sexual abuse is serious.  In fact,  some may argue that the allegations of abuse against Kandi are more serious because they are essentially unprovable, whereas sex with a minor is strict liability and will always be a crime no matter what the circumstance.

I would argue that any allegation of sexual abuse is very serious, and I wouldn't split hairs on the topic.

Kandi should be more than "a little upset" and she is under no expectation, from me at least, to "let it go" or not be extremely upset.  Porsha is calm because she is a pathological liar, but for an honest person to be accused of something like that...something that is criminal, that she can't disprove, that can follow her around for years and essentially opens the floodgates for kooks looking for a payday is very serious.  And for what, because Porsha can't stand that people know she had sex with a dude?  Queen of THOTland's need for people to think she didn't have sex with a dude years ago is more important than Kandi not having to deal with these allegations?

I don't think Mama Joyce is an angel, and I think a charge of being a pimp is serious, but I don't think its nearly as subversive as a charge that someone is going to drug, kidnap and rape someone in a sex dungeon for all the reasons I stated above.

2 minutes ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Here's the thing though...I can talk about my man but even my best friend can't. Your role is to just listen. I think Kandi missed that memo. Phaedra can say "I can't wait until his ass goes to jail.  There's a barista at my local starbucks that thinks I'm cute puts extra chocolate in my latte."  Saying that doesn't mean she's not sad about her family breaking up.  I think Kandi is a bad friend. Insisting Phaedra take the boys to prison to visit Apollo, hiding stuff from the fucking Feds for Apollo--that's not being a good friend.

By Phaedra's own standards then, she is an awful friend.  Because she has talked all sorts of smack about Todd, who simply dared to want to get paid the money that Phaedra owed him.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she does need customers showing up to the restaurant and having the bulk of viewer support can and will translate into customers going to her restaurant (ask LisaV [BH]).

I seriously doubt most viewers who aren't close to the Atlanta area will be trekking from different parts of the country just to go to her restaurant.  LVP was in the restaurant business long before the show.  I doubt her main clientele consists of HW viewers.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

I see what you did there.

I can't speak for everyone, but if one of my co-workers announced to the rest of my co-workers something untrue like her hearing that I was a child molester, my reaction would be to chuckle "Girl, you so crazy!" and walk away laughing some more.

I would laugh doubly hard if they made sure to include that I drug the kids, and drag them to my personal sex dungeon.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I'm not so sure. No one at any site I read believes Porsha's claim, no one. Anyone that would buy into it was someone that really disliked Kandi to begin with and would never go to her restaurant no matter what. She started out this season in the middle of the group as far as fan/viewer support goes, now she has the majority of viewer support, which bodes well for her restaurant opening. This whole season has been centered on 2 HWs, Kenya (with her ongoing Matt issues) and Kandi (first with Brock and now with Phaedra/Porsha) and Kandi is pulling ahead of Kenya as being the main HW this season by leaps and bounds. So, Yes, the opening of the restaurant when her popularity/support are at an all time high is a smart business move. LOL

1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

All you need to do is go to the official RHOA facebook page to see the scads of people that truly believe that Kandi must be guilty because Porsha is saying that...and how did she know about a sex dungeon unless its really real?

Never underestimate the stupidity of the masses.  Because if average intelligence is average, it means at least 49% of people are of below average intelligence.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Because it's a convenient story line since Chateau Can'tPay ain't cutting it.....And she still needs to pay it off.

Also, if I was in that car and Bob said that shit about how maybe he didn't choke her hard enough?  Lawd-a-mercy!  He would have gotten my pocket knife in his leg.

I always enjoy Vacation Kenya because she tends to just enjoy herself (except for last season in Jamaica when she was salty over Kim earning the director spot)/  When Kenya is the least offensive, that's problematic.

my girl kenya finally winning with the viewing public!

just kidding, I know you all still hate her, while I continue to love her :)

3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I forgot to mention how infuriating Dumb Porsha's refusal to acknowledge when she does something wrong, for example, her reaction to Kandi's request for her not to be there. Why does Pharisee Phaedra insist on wearing those nasty outfits to the beach?

I bet you a million bucks that 18 year old Phaedra didn't have the body to pull off that swimsuit, and 40 something Phaedra DEFINITELY doesn't have the body for it.

I'm all about being cute, but that doesn't always mean the least clothing you can wear without an indecency charge

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Is Kandi mentally ill?  She was sobbing hysterically as if somebody in her family died.  She better watch her blood pressure because she looked like she was headed for a stroke.  Kandi has a husband, children, a new baby, money... I don't get her hysterics.

You try having someone tell lies about you repeatedly in a public forum and see how long you keep your composure.  Kandi doesn't lose it often, but, when she does, it's usually for a good reason.  There are few things more frustrating than having someone straight-up lie about you and then smile smugly as they force you to deny it.  I'm just sorry Kandi couldn't slap the living shit out of Porsha at the time.

• Love 24

If I were a RH opening a restaurant I would probably time the soft grand opening for the end of filming-like Vanderpump did SUR, so I would get maximum exposure throughout the run of the show which generally airs a couple of months after filming completes.  What would make it advantages is you could have screening or premiere parties at the venue during the run of the show.  As it stands now, it gets a mention at the Reunion and maybe some traction a few times next year during filming-that would be an expensive bet to take.  Kandi has to be paying thousands of dollars every week that restaurant isn't open.  It is almost a year overdo.  Maybe Kandi will have OLG frozen entrees.  Who knows there is no grass growing under her feet.  I don't think Kandi thought a fuight would someone would increase her restaurant sales.

As to Cynthia, Cynthia is just one of those people who doesn't cut all ties to past lovers.  A year ago Cynthia wasn't at Peter's daughter's wedding, but Peter was there and so was Cynthia's ex-Russell Simmons.  Last season or the season before she was faking her marriage because Peter lived in Charleston.  THis year the divorce is bogus.  Maybe Cynthia is just one of those people who doesn't feel she can bring her friends and family into the life of her current partner and then demand they cut them out when she is done.  So Cynthia's civility becomes fake, Phaedra being mad at Todd and the men for still being friends with Apollo is justified,  I don't get the inconsistencies.  I don't think people should be asked to pick a team in divorce situation. 

• Love 4

"I'm not laughing!"...said as the mofo is literally laughing. Yeah, Bob ain't right.

The continuation of the very heated argument followed by a cut to the next scene with the heading "Day 2 of vacation" cracked me up.

Me, too. That was as funny as the "One minute ago" flashback a few episodes back.

Spiteful AF, and dumber than a box of Kim Z's old wigs - Porsha and her Tupperware titties can leave anytime now.

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, escape said:

I seriously doubt most viewers who aren't close to the Atlanta area will be trekking from different parts of the country just to go to her restaurant.  LVP was in the restaurant business long before the show.  I doubt her main clientele consists of HW viewers.

No but those that live in Atl,/near Atl. or are visiting Atl and watch the show will most likely stop in, which does equate to higher sales than just another no name owner opening up a restaurant. Yes, Lisa was in the business for a long time before BH but even she times her restaurant openings with the BH finale, as she did with SUR and PUMP. LOL

• Love 1
2 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Of the scores and scores of issues I have with Kenya, I finally figured out what my main foundation is for not liking her.

She cannot do something nice for someone without expecting something nice in return or expecting that to reverse every shitty thing she's done to them in the past.

She comforted Sheree, as she should have.  It was a nice gesture and I applauded her for it.  Then she walks into that room and starts going off on Sheree again about her lying about having been beaten in the past.

Why couldn't Kenya have just left that comfort in the car where it was?  Whether or not Sheree was lying in the car about the abuse doesn't matter to me, Kenya thought she was telling the truth and that it was egregious enough that Sheree needed comfort.  To throw it in her face later is some bullshit.  

Because Sheree didn't lie down and tell Kenya she was sorry and she was wrong about her then Kenya got nasty again.  It doesn't work like that.

Okay. This just proves that even when something is on camera, and is easily verified, people see and hear something different than what actually happened. I don't know if it's a disliking of characters that makes people see something different or what, but what you just described is the total opposite of what happened. 

SHEREE started with Kenya in the hotel room. Sheree did. This was after Porsha first got her riled up about confronting Kenya. And it was some bullshit anyway because Sheree was also turning around what actually happened and what was said. Sheree was saying Kenya was making light of domestic abuse and NO that's not what happened. Sheree first impliIed that Kenya "provoked" Matt. Then Kenya said Sheree had been hit too. Sheree was the one who made the disgusting insinuation that a woman would provoke a man to hit her. Then in the hotel room, Sheree is the one who went off on Kenya. And of course Kenya defended herself. 

Look I don't even like Kenya. But you can't argue about what is clearly on camera. I thought Kenya comforting Sheree was a sincere moment. Sheree is the one who couldn't leave that "comfort in the car". 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Why the hell did Iwatch this last night?

Im tired  of the strum and dirge over dumb Porsha's slanderous claims ob Kandi. if she ignores it, people wonder why she's not denying it and if she objects,  people wonder why she's overreacting. 

Phaedra is not just a hypocrite,  she's a Pharasee. 

I do not believe Sheree's implication that Bob physically abused her any more than her claiming to want to get back together with him. Sheree has a chateux to pay for and needs that Bravo money desperately. 

Why is Peter in Hawai'i with the gals?

All good points, and I, too, am unure about Sheree and Bob - I don't recall ever hearing her say anything about physical abuse in past seasons.  I could be wrong, though, or maybe she just wanted to keep it to herself, for her kids' sakes...who knows?    Some of these women lie and make up such stupid shit, I have a hard time keeping up!  

Also - Kenya didn't annoy me much, but she NEEDS to stop trying to make "Twirl" happen!  They've only been in Maui for less than 36 hours, and we've heard her shrieking it at check-in, with the dancers and on the speed boat.  Give it up, girl - twirl just isn't going to be anything!   ;-)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

She must be saving the reconciliation storyline for next season. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Neurochick said:

IKR. But she'll drag and choke a B!t9h. OK

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

You try having someone tell lies about you repeatedly in a public forum and see how long you keep your composure.  Kandi doesn't lose it often, but, when she does, it's usually for a good reason.  There are few things more frustrating than having someone straight-up lie about you and then smile smugly as they force you to deny it.  I'm just sorry Kandi couldn't slap the living shit out of Porsha at the time.

I wonder if anybody on this forum has experienced what Kandi has experienced.  

Sheree is GROSS for going along w/ this whole Bob reconciliation storyline. What self respecting woman would do this? Even if just over his failure to pay any child support. Lawrence read her good in WWHL. "Why is she even entertaining any of this??"

Wasn't Nene also an outspoken survivor of domestic violence?

Kandi is so insecure. And all that hoodrat bravada is just a thin, flimsy little façade that comes crumbling down for almost anything. No, ridiculous, baseless claims that she wanted to drug her reality tv costar and rape her in my nonexistent sex dungeon would not have the average celebrity crying hysterically. Nor would saying, "your mother is out of line." Nor would an argument w/ your 15 y/o's deadbeat father. Nor would admitting Kim Z never paid you. On and on. She falls apart anytime someone stands up to her...prbly bc she's am emotional mess from being under Mama Joyce's thumb her whole life.

• Love 4

I haven't, no. But then again, I haven't been bitten by a rattlesnake either, and I'm sure I wouldn't enjoy that experience as well.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, pbutler111 said:

She totally does lose it often. For every little thing. (Tho the drug and rape type allegations would be, I guess, the most serious of what I recall her crying over.)

27 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Not the drug and rape thing. But ppl have criticized my mother, I have had nasty arguments w/ my kids' father, I have been in situations where a trusted friend failed to repay money, where ppl have criticized my boyfriend/husband.

She's acting like a little kid.

1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

I agree about both but this Kandi/Porsha fight is happening in the second half of the season but before their fight, it was all Kenya/Matt. Yes, she does need customers showing up to the restaurant and having the bulk of viewer support can and will translate into customers going to her restaurant (ask LisaV [BH]). Also, I am sure she has seen increased sales of her "adult toy" line as well, Oh, and least I forget, an increase of her Ace clothing line and an increase of Riley's single sales/downloads (both of which she tweets reminders for her fans/supports to buy). LOL

Those businesses are a completely different breed from a restaurant business. Toys and clothing have the benefit of keeping inventory and brick and mortar costs down because you can keep your sales primarily online and you can reach far more customers that way. Having a national broadcasted show will do wonders for an online business...for a restaurant - not so much. It would be silly not to take advantage of the free advertising that Kandi and LVP get via the show but it would be silly to think that this advertising is in anyway dependent on the success of their restaurants (because that's just a recipe for failure).

Kandi and LVP are not an apples to apples situation. Kandi is not opening a restaurant that is near the equivalent in tourism as LA. And even though a byproduct of promoting Sur and Pump on TV has resulted in an increase of tourist diners, that is more to do with Vanderpump Rules than it is about LVP on RHOBH. Kandi doesn't have the same advantages that LVP has (though in fairness LVP's advantages have come from the fact that she's sustained a long running successful restaurant for years prior to the RH franchise).

There's no reason why Kandi shouldn't promote her business on the show, but the timing doesn't suggest that all lines are willing to be crossed to manufacture drama for the sake of publicity. If there's one thing you don't want to do while promoting your restaurant, it's having to first deny claims that you aren't a kidnapper that drugs your straight victims so you can have lesbian sex with them. The idea that Kandi is playing along because she has a restaurant to promote makes no sense to me. There aren't many people I think are stupid enough to think that playing along with those level of accusations would be a good idea for their personal life or business life.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

Here's the thing though...I can talk about my man but even my best friend can't. Your role is to just listen. I think Kandi missed that memo. Phaedra can say "I can't wait until his ass goes to jail.  There's a barista at my local starbucks that thinks I'm cute puts extra chocolate in my latte."  Saying that doesn't mean she's not sad about her family breaking up.  I think Kandi is a bad friend. Insisting Phaedra take the boys to prison to visit Apollo, hiding stuff from the fucking Feds for Apollo--that's not being a good friend.

Phaedra lies. Porsha isn't bright. None of that makes Kandi a less bad friend. 

Sheree--girl I hope all this is worth it.

Kenya--stop wasting your money on paid partners and get some therapy. You're pathetic and everyone sees it. Oh and try shutting the fuck up sometimes.

Cynthia--You can shut the fuck up too! Everybody in the world knew Peter was a fuckboi except you.

But Kandi's point wasn't to out Phadrea's lack of concern over her husband going to jail just cause. That information came out AFTER the picture was being painted that Kandi wasn't being as supportive as she should have been. Kandi was explaining WHY she herself wasn't rushing over to Phaedra's side with cake and kleenex and the reasoning was because Phaedra wasn't conveying that she we in that sort of state of mind.

Now can it be argued that Kandi was way too quick to accept the fun front and stiff upper lip Phaedra was presenting, hell yeah. I can totally believe that it was very easy for Kandi to accept all of Pheadra's "I'm fine" fronting and call it a day cause I won't argue that Kandi doesn't seem all that interested in going that deep with her friends. Even close friends. I have a strong feeling that Kandi does NOT do well with the water works, the venting, the vulnerable sides of things so I do think Kandi dropped the ball but I don't think she did it out of malice. I think that Kandi skirts away from that level of misery. She don't look like the type that can sit with you and let you cry it out. It seems to me that's a level of discomfort that Kanid just can't handle. Whether it's her own demons and inability to get that raw cause from an early age she had to just suck shit up and keep it moving or her issues with her dad, her mom, Riley's dad. I think Kandi makes it a point to not consider everything "that deep" but then she falls into the trap of ignoring shit she shouldn't ignore. And I think Kandi is aware of this particular shortcoming of hers but she wasn't going to accept it in this case because she felt justified in assuming that Phaedra was doing okay especially since she was aware of Phaedra already moving on.

A person usually isn't ready to see other people if they are overly distraught about a the last relationship they were in and hell add that your childs father is going to jail, was acting out violently and was having serious issue right up until he had to go away??? Shit I see Phaedra's la de doddying with the next n**** as a HUGE sign that bitch will be aight... And that's where Kandi is coming from. I don't even think she would care if she were being criticized for XYZ if it made sense but the problem I always have is that whenever Phaedra or Porsha come for Kandi it's always on some bullshit that is ridiculous. Kandi wasn't a good friend.. Ummmmm, okay and?  At the end of the day that was Kandi's biggest offense. That and she felt that Phaedra should really consider bringing the boys to see Apollo. So...? Phaedra was being shady in so many different ways and at that point Kandi had the inside track and was close to Phaedra so I've always considered that Kandi's reactions to Phaedra are probably closer to the real story than anything why??? Cause Kandi's real, she ain't fake and her friendship with Phaedra was legit even off season so when you see Kandi react to Phaedra sometimes with that confused look to me it's like watching Kandi think to herself "oh, wait... girlllll are we doing the on camera version of Phaedra right now... oh lort... okay let me just play along.. I saw Kandi do this for a couple of seasons with Phaedra and now Porsha is doing it. And doing it badly.

At the end of the day Kandi didn't do not one thing shady to Phaedra and some of the women ran with shit like Kandi was running around dogging Phaedra like a dog when that wasn't even the case. Oh and the whole storing Apollo's stuff? Whatever. Kandi easily explained that and didn't even stutter. She said she didn't think it had to be announced cause she expected that Phaedra already knew. Too simple of an explanation? Maybe but at the same time I don't see Kandi as the type to waste that much energy over having something in her garage.

Is it understandable that Phaedra wasn't happy about that? Sure I give her that but the fact that she tried so hard to assign something so damn scandalous to Kandi's intentions always annoyed the fuck outta me. Everything had to be of sinister intent. Grossly negligent behavior on Kandi's part. Unforgivably honest with her opinions. The nerve.... GTFOH!

• Love 13