Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: New Best Friends

halgia
  • Start Topic

I fear for Carol because there doesn't seem to be any purpose to her anymore. Melissa M did some fine work here. Now if she could only get Norman Reedus to wash his hair. It's almost the only thing I can think of when I see him is how disgusting it is.

The rest of the show I didn't give a shit about.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Long-haired Saviour red-shirt was a total asshole and seemed to go against the Saviour pecking order. 

Maybe in Negan's absence someone else is the Designated Asshole for that day?

17 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

A man of the black cloth. If he were dressed in bright happy pastels or something, they wouldn't have swiped his duds.

I was wondering  how all of them managed to shop for and find only black or blue clothes. I can never find what I want out shopping and it's not even an apocalypse.

22 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

then they kidnap father pee and strip him down to a soiled wife beater.

Oh god. Was he wearing his collar when he got kidnapped? I still don't know why they kidnapped him. I watched the whole show in dazed disbelief, but now I'm laughing so hard I nearly wet myself. What was the name of the spiky gladiator walker? William? Thank goodness for this forum. The show would be no fun at all without it.

7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I have no idea what's going on with Richard.  He wants to join CDB's fight against Negan and he thinks the best way to do that is to get into it with Daryl?

I must be going deaf because I still have idea what either of them said in that scene in front of the truck painted with the wild West scene.

The writers must really be high-fiving each other over this masterpiece. Bravo!

• Love 3

I think they made a mistake in not only killing Glenn, but in killing so many of the other characters as well.  I realize they want to keep the belief that this is a dangerous world and anyone can die at anytime.  However, by killing off so many characters, they have left me with very few people to care about, and so many idiots I don't care about.

I do find it ironic that Rick's warriors now consist of Michonne, Sasha, Maggie, Rosita, Tara (to a lesser extent), Carl, Darryl (who is somewhat out of the action because he has to hide from the saviors), Aaron, and Carol who Rick's group wants to get back in the game because apparently they see her as the biggest badass the ZA has ever seen.  That means most of Rick's soldiers are women.  How things have change since Season One where the women were expected to do the cooking and laundry.

I second the motion that Darryl needs a shower and haircut, and move we have Rick do the same.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 19

I never thought I'd see the day where I didn't care if Carol lived or died, but here we are.  I'm sick of her faux wood paneling and fortress of solitude.   

Again, the acting was off.  Yes, Tara was awful as is her custom, but Andrew Lincoln and Seth Gilliam are better actors than this.  The writing is really becoming tedious.  

I missed walkie talkie Negan.  As a disconnected voice, he's funny, creepy, and scary.  In person, he's a carpetbagging jackanapes with a shot hip.  

• Love 13

I'm just preparing myself for TPTB to kill Carol. They are telegraphing it from miles away. That last hug between Carol and Daryl felt like the final good bye. I will be pissed to see the only representation of a woman over 35 eliminated from the show. Especially now that they have transformed her from a strong, self sufficient survivor to a vulnerable old woman in need of protection. She had been a complex character who had an interesting arc, now she looks like the next sacrifice at Negan's alter.

I hope I'm wrong. I really want to see someone close to my demographic represented on a popular show. In a capable manner. But I guess it is now time to going back to being invisible in popular media.

• Love 16

Richard's plan was worse than just setting up Carol. It was also random terrorism. "If we see a car, it's the Saviors?" Really? It couldn't possibly be one of the 180 other groups in the neighborhood? Or maybe Jesus running around having whatever adventures it is that he spends all day on?

• Love 24

They can kill Carol later, next person that needs to die is Rosita or Daryl. Preferrably  Rosita first then Daryl. They're both have run their course. Should have killed Daryl instead of Glenn. Made for a better story to see Glenn turn into a warrior since he only killed that one Savior at the compound. 

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

Maybe in Negan's absence someone else is the Designated Asshole for that day?

I was wondering  how all of them managed to shop for and find only black or blue clothes. I can never find what I want out shopping and it's not even an apocalypse.

Oh god. Was he wearing his collar when he got kidnapped? I still don't know why they kidnapped him. I watched the whole show in dazed disbelief, but now I'm laughing so hard I nearly wet myself. What was the name of the spiky gladiator walker? William? Thank goodness for this forum. The show would be no fun at all without it.

I must be going deaf because I still have idea what either of them said in that scene in front of the truck painted with the wild West scene.

I have no idea what they said either!  Like the Tron guy said to Daryl,  "There are some guys coming and stuff, and I'm gonna do some stuff and if that stuff doesn't work, I'm gonna lead them to this house where a lady with balls lives, but she won't live in the Kingdom and do stuff.  They may kill her.  You in?"

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I just watched it again and I STILL don't know what happened. Why was Daryl threatening to kill Richard if anything happened to Carol?  Why is Richard responsible?  And isn't Daryl supposed to be in hiding?  Why is throwing his weight all around the Kingdom?  He obviously has no idea that the only other place he can hide out is the junkyard.

• Love 3

I just watched it again and I STILL don't know what happened. Why was Daryl threatening to kill Richard if anything happened to Carol?  Why is Richard responsible?  And isn't Daryl supposed to be in hiding?  Why is throwing his weight all around the Kingdom?  He obviously has no idea that the only other place he can hide out is the junkyard.

Because his plan was to destroy the stuff meant for the Saviours, leave a trail to a weapons cache (that Richard planted) close to Carol's cottage, They would find Carol and kill her. Ezekiel would be pissed (because Richard mentioned that he liked and brought her food). That would goad him into violent action against Negan.

Basically he was trying to get Daryl to take part in sacrificing Carol to start a war.

Edited by shanndee
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I just watched it again and I STILL don't know what happened.

Good. I'm glad at least two others didn't get it either. All I heard was Daryl threatening to kill Richard if Carol gets hit by lightning. I have no idea why.

8 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

And isn't Daryl supposed to be in hiding?

Doesn't stop him from parading down the middle of the highway with his conveniently acquired new crossbow. All he has to do is wash his hair and push it out of his eyes and the Saviors will never recognize him.

11 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Should have killed Daryl instead of Glenn.

They can't kill Daryl. They're too afraid of the mass uprising of Daryl FanGirls who continue to lust after him no matter how dirty and/or boring he is.

Thank you shandee. That makes no more sense than anything else that happened tonight but at least I know what was said.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

Good. I'm glad at least two others didn't get it either. All I heard was Daryl threatening to kill Richard if Carol gets hit by lightning. I have no idea why.

Doesn't stop him from parading down the middle of the highway with his conveniently acquired new crossbow. All he has to do is wash his hair and push it out of his eyes and the Saviors will never recognize him.

They can't kill Daryl. They're too afraid of the mass uprising of Daryl FanGirls who continue to lust after him no matter how dirty and/or boring he is.

IDK why when WD has had and have men that look 10x better than Daryl like Glenn, Rick, Jesus, Aaron, Gareth, Oscar, etc. Daryl looks smelly and nasty and all his episodes are beyond boring. Once they killed off Merle, Daryl lost all appeal. 

• Love 6

These new communities all have a schtick. You'd think there would be more groups similar to CDB -- just a collection of people surviving together. But no, they have to have a theme. The Junkyard Dogs are the worst. 

The only cool thing -- the shot of all of them filing out of the tunnel. They looked like ants. It was visual interesting. I have the feeling they must practice that a lot because it looked like a marching band formation. All those hand signals and stuff. Like posters said earlier, it hasn't been THAT long since the ZA, they should be able to speak typically. They must spend all their time marching, practicing formations and learning their stilted speech patterns. 

Long haired Savior is the problem with the Kingdom pick ups. He's always going after Richard. They need to keep him home. I have the feeling, though, that he'd be one of the first to surrender if Negan was ever picked off. 

• Love 10
40 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

It's ridiculous that everytime he comes to pick up the supplies this long haired jackass just harasses Richard for no reason at all. He's the only one causing problems and the one in charge of the pick ups seem to not like it as well. He wants it to stop and if I remember correctly he didn't like it the first time Richard and long hair got into it. Punishment shouldn't be Richard no longer coming it should be that long hair needs to stay his ass back at the base because he's the one causing all the trouble. The one in charge seems like he just wants the exchange to go down in peace.

Unfortunately, Negan equates bullying with strength, leadership, and authority. Side too hard with the peasants, and you'll get demoted, not the guy who's power-tripping.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, shanndee said:

Because his plan was to destroy the stuff meant for the Saviours, leave a trail to a weapons cache (that Richard planted) close to Carol's cottage, They would find Carol and kill her. Ezekiel would be pissed (because Richard mentioned that he liked and brought her food). That would goad him into violent action against Negan.

Basically he was trying to get Daryl to take part in sacrificing Carol to start a war.

Damn, I missed all of that.  Thanks for the explanation.

Daryl should take a seat, preferably one right beside Rosita.  CAROL LEFT THE GROUP BEHIND.  She left a note FOR TOBIN.  So Carol isn't studying the people that carried her ass until she became a warrior, overnight. 

I can imagine that NR is being inundated with death threats after referring to Carol as Daryl's 'mom'.  But that's what she is.  She may not be old enough to be his mother (Daryl is obviously no spring chicken) but the relationship is clearly mother/son or big sister/little brother.  There isn't a lick of sexual tension between the two of them.

Hopefully, this episode will finally free both Daryl and Carol from the Caryl prison they've been trapped in for years and the both of them CAN GET LAID, for heaven's sake.

• Love 4

Jadis sort of has the right idea.  When you have a group of people with too much time on their hands, they get independent, often stupid ideas.  Keep their sullen asses working doing menial shit like ants, and they become too focused and tired to act out.  

All any of these groups have to do is give Negan a good pick up, and then just leave.  By the time they find out,  they're in South Carolina.   But no, it's better to live in a junkyard.   Well I must admit this episode was like mystery science theater.  So, a win, though a ridiculous and idiotic one.  I think I saw Mushmouth in a group shot. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

These new communities all have a schtick. You'd think there would be more groups similar to CDB -- just a collection of people surviving together. But no, they have to have a theme. The Junkyard Dogs are the worst. 

I agree.  They've even developed a new way of speaking.  Seriously, just how long has it been since the ZA?  Shouldn't it take a lot longer for that to happen.  And how are there all these groups so close together and CDB didn't know about ANY of them before?  Now they are all popping up out of the woodwork.  I'm waiting for the woman's collective that Tara spent time with to pop up next.  And speaking of that episode, where's what's his name?  Are we to consider him dead, or will be showing up like the cavalry with yet another group?

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

They are all obviously fans of Kanye West's Yeezy post-apocalyptic fashions.

Zombie presence and death count was low this episode. Thank goodness it was a doozy. Reminded me of something from Resident Evil.  

I am so very confused about how all these places/communities can be so unaware of each other. How does a 100+ acre junkyard (Fred Sanford would be so proud) go unnoticed for so long. And why don't they all have lockjaw? 

So I guess it only takes about 4-5 years to drop all conjunctions and prepositions in sentences?

Funniest line this episode? Daryl telling Carol that Jesus took him to the Kingdom.

Why must I continue to be tortured by those damn Fear the Walking Dead vignettes? 

• Love 13

I can imagine that NR is being inundated with death threats after referring to Carol as Daryl's 'mom'.  But that's what she is.  She may not be old enough to be his mother (Daryl is obviously no spring chicken) but the relationship is clearly mother/son or big sister/little brother. 

I agree with the brother/sister, but not "big" or "little." Carol is a few years older than Daryl. Fans wanted Beth, who was young enough to be his daughter, to hook up with him but a woman about three years older than he should be a mom figure to him. I guess the double standard, along with freshly shaved armpits for women who have been living rough for a month, will survive an apocalypse.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Jadis sort of has the right idea.  When you have a group of people with too much time on their hands, they get independent, often stupid ideas.  Keep their sullen asses working doing menial shit like ants, and they become too focused and tired to act out.  

Yes, but how do you explain what all those tasks are, using a twenty word vocabulary? I mean, whether you're telling someone to assemble a tent, light a fire, or create the Zombie in the Iron Mask, if all you tell them is "Take thing. Make thing," then I'm pretty sure you'll just end up with more crappy cat sculptures.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Polly sounds like an Aussie.

She's from UK. 

So Carol is such a precious snowflake they need to hide the truth about what's really going on from? So she can continue to live in oblivion in her cottage and reading her book? Then what's her purpose anymore? They killed off people that were actually doing stuff and had lots of plot and story to tell, but Carol gets to just sit there clueless while people don't tell her who's dead? She's become pointless. 

Rosita and her bitchy attitude can be the first casualty in the upcoming battle. 

The gladiator walker was cool.

• Love 10

I really hate the new trash people. I'm tired of these eccentric, imperious leaders who think dressing and/or talking weird makes them a leader. I hate everything about Jadis. I also will never understand how so many groups think they can survive forever by getting other people to get things for them. This is a huge group, yet they think RIck can just magically bring them jar (?) and guns. Where is Rick going to get enough guns for this whole group? The walker in the pit was cool, but I am mad that we see such few walkers now and that they are of no threat. If the walkers are no longer a threat of any kind, why can't people create farms, get electrical grids up and running, etc. I guess it is because all normal people are gone and only crazy, delusional people are left. Funny how that happened.

I did like the Carol and Daryl reunion, if only to hear Daryl actually speak-but where are they going with their story? Carol has nothing to do anymore but read and look at the fire. Richard's plan didn't make sense to me. If they destroyed the supplies going to Negan's men, Negan's guys might break into the Kingdom and destroy things or kill a lot of people. It wouldn't likely be just Carol for pete's sake. Really, bummed out how much I don't like this season so far. I want my old Dead back!

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

, if all you tell them is "Take thing. Make thing," then I'm pretty sure you'll just end up with more crappy cat sculptures.

Get Cat, Get Hat, Get Thing 1, Get Thing 2...SOON

I was hoping Rick would do a Bruce Campbell / Ash fight where he had to wear a chainsaw....

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

These new communities all have a schtick. You'd think there would be more groups similar to CDB -- just a collection of people surviving together. But no, they have to have a theme. ...............All those hand signals and stuff. Like posters said earlier, it hasn't been THAT long since the ZA, they should be able to speak typically.

Is this really a Alaskan Bush People post?

2 hours ago, BloatedGuppy said:

• Whaaaaaaaaaat was that. Seriously. Oh my god. My dear god.

I think you all will have to carry on without me.  This show has just gotten too bad.  I can't.  I just can't.

46 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I agree with the brother/sister, but not "big" or "little." Carol is a few years older than Daryl. Fans wanted Beth, who was young enough to be his daughter, to hook up with him but a woman about three years older than he should be a mom figure to him. I guess the double standard, along with freshly shaved armpits for women who have been living rough for a month, will survive an apocalypse.

Being a 'maternal' figure doesn't mean she's old enough to be his mother.  It just means that she plays a maternal role for him.  I'm not even going to touch on whether or not Beth was an appropriate lover for Daryl because I have no desire to restart the fanwars of season 4.  I think we've had enough of that; at least I have.

THIS is what I'm hoping will end with this episode.  On one hand Carol has become a symbol for middle-aged women all over the world.  On the other hand, any mention of her age is liable to bring the wrath of God down on you.  Carol is a middle-aged woman and Daryl is an emotionally stunted man.  She might not be chronologically old enough to be his mother but she certainly is emotionally.   As for 'big' or 'little' sister, I think that in a relationship between Daryl and Carol, she would definitely be the 'big' sister because she's more mature than Daryl.

44 minutes ago, Artsda said:

She's from UK. 

So Carol is such a precious snowflake they need to hide the truth about what's really going on from? So she can continue to live in oblivion in her cottage and reading her book? Then what's her purpose anymore? They killed off people that were actually doing stuff and had lots of plot and story to tell, but Carol gets to just sit there clueless while people don't tell her who's dead? She's become pointless. 

Rosita and her bitchy attitude can be the first casualty in the upcoming battle. 

Preach! 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Being a 'maternal' figure doesn't mean she's old enough to be his mother.  It just means that she plays a maternal role for him.  I'm not even going to touch on whether or not Beth was an appropriate lover for Daryl because I have no desire to restart the fanwars of season 4.  I think we've had enough of that; at least I have.

If Camelot had zombies...King + Wayward Knight + Queen...

• Love 1

So Rick and the gang have come across yet another crazy town.  I guess you can call this group the junkyard dogs.  Seriously, does it matter who wins this war?  It's obvious that in the world of TWD all societies are lead by sociopaths, psychotics, or the mentally ill.  I guess zombies killed 97 percent of the normal people.  Hey, why build farms and go fishing when you can be queen of the junkyard!  I have no hope for this lunatic world.  It's turning into Mad Max.  For me this show is just total camp now, a lot of ridiculous characters and situations made even better by bad acting and bad directing.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 8

What I did like was when Jadis said that they open cans (jars?) and sometimes the stuff inside is rotten.  That actually makes sense in this universe.  This episode, though?  Not so much.

Unless...maybe Jadis's weird, stilted speech is because most of her crew are foreigners, and she's cut it down to basics so everyone will understand?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

She's from UK. 

Where's Russel Crow when you need him. He's from "Down Unda" and we know they like hiring from there .

Maybe they have Mad Max Molly talking like the way she does because she's another TWD actor who can't speak Southern for shit.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, shanndee said:

Here it is. My "Jump the Shark" episode.

All the junk yard needed was Tina Turner. The Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome thing was just too much. The look, the stilted, made up language, the Thunderdome combat. Rick as Raggedy Man. Ugh.

The Carol and Daryl scenes were nice,but, wow, has this show ever lost its way. :( 

It jumped the shark for me when Negan showed up with his pristine Fonzie jacket.

Edited by Giselle
Correcting frigging autocorrect
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I have no idea what they said either!  Like the Tron guy said to Daryl,  "There are some guys coming and stuff, and I'm gonna do some stuff and if that stuff doesn't work, I'm gonna lead them to this house where a lady with balls lives, but she won't live in the Kingdom and do stuff.  They may kill her.  You in?"

Glad it wasn't just me.  And that was one of the most logical parts of this mess of an episode. 

The scenery behind Rick in the junkyard scenes from the top of the heap was just laughable. 

Among the jars and guns Jadis also found some Miss Clairol light blond at some point.  That’s quit the ombre affect she’s rocking.  Looks like less than 3 years growth of roots so she did a touch up at some point.

We don't need another leader
We don't need another strange group
All we need is life beyond
trash heap dome

(Oh and someone to stop Negan from talking, even a slight bit of logic in the show, better dialog, people showing some damn sense . . . )  

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Muffyn said:

Glad it wasn't just me.  And that was one of the most logical parts of this mess of an episode. 

The scenery behind Rick in the junkyard scenes from the top of the heap was just laughable. 

Among the jars and guns Jadis also found some Miss Clairol light blond at some point.  That’s quit the ombre affect she’s rocking.  Looks like less than 3 years growth of roots so she did a touch up at some point.

We don't need another leader
We don't need another strange group
All we need is life beyond
trash heap dome

(Oh and someone to stop Negan from talking, even a slight bit of logic in the show, better dialog, people showing some damn sense . . . )  

At least Negan speaks in coherent sentences. Granted too many of them, so many that you forget what he began with 57 minutes ago. But he usually makes sure you get the jist of where he is going with his "speechifying". Lucille interprets for him as needed.

Edited by Giselle
Correcting frigging autocorrect again
  • Love 7

The Kingdom was nice, Daryl and Carol reunion was good then it went to serious shit....

Absolute fucking shit. 

Thought I was watching a really awful Mad Max parody.  

Rosita...i like this girl but she needs to fuck off with this attitude. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The only cool thing -- the shot of all of them filing out of the tunnel. They looked like ants. It was visual interesting. I have the feeling they must practice that a lot because it looked like a marching band formation. All those hand signals and stuff. Like posters said earlier, it hasn't been THAT long since the ZA, they should be able to speak typically. They must spend all their time marching, practicing formations and learning their stilted speech patterns. 

Long haired Savior is the problem with the Kingdom pick ups. He's always going after Richard. They need to keep him home. I have the feeling, though, that he'd be one of the first to surrender if Negan was ever picked off. 

Stilted speech is only a means to an end. Manditory band marching formation practice is so eventually they can only communicate in pictograms.

In this group Negan would not fit in at all. He's more of the Jackson Pollock school. 

Edited by Giselle
On my phone autocorrect & swiping don't mix
  • Love 8

The "Scavengers" [official name from Talking Dead] are the Taliban and the Saviors are the Soviet Army. Rick is going to supply one side with weapons and food. Everything worked out in Afghanistan... 

• Love 9

Jesus, what the hell am I watching? This is making me wish this was the last season of TWD. At this point, I actually no longer even care who lives or dies.

Can the season finale be a whole hour of Daryl taking a damn shower? It would feel even more satisfying than Negan dying.

• Love 10

I take back whatever negative comments I said about the new groups this season, before tonight. I heart you new groups! Because in comparison I just cannot with these trash people. For the reasons everyone mentioned. Including a leader's unnecessary dye job which is distracting as fuck. And I often feel the dialogue is unnatural on this show, and rarely how people actually speak, but THIS episode, good grief.

I actually enjoyed how Daryl found out about Carol via Richard and I loved him then showing up at her house. I also liked the visual of garbage folk filtering out of the tunnel, but I half expected a flash mob to be the result. 

In an episode of mostly absolute garbage (fully intended pun), I appreciated the cat moment. A nice throwback to a great episode from the third season. And now I'm nostalgic for S3 and S4. 

Edited by dannymoon
  • Love 10

This episode raises a lot of questions, the most pressing being:  When we first see Carol, as she steps onto her porch, there's a bird sound effect.   What kind of bird is that supposed to be?   It's used in every show with a quiet outdoor scene.

Edited by millennium
  • LOL 1

And that is why you are never in charge of Tactical Planning, Daryl.  Christ on a bike.  Not only endanger yourself, but everyone else at Hilltop.  Great plan!!  Oh, and let Richard run his plan that means Carol is in the Savior's way.  And get that shaggy greasy ass hair outta yer eyes, GD it!!!

So it seems that a ZA turns just about everyone into psychos.  WhoTF risks life and limbs to turn a zombie into a worth-proving pincushion!?  "What can we possibly do to create a test against which we prove people's intentions and worth to us??  Oooh, yeah, got the perfect solution!"   I want to laugh and cry at the same time.  Laugh at the absurdity of it and then cry because I laughed too hard and cracked a rib.

At least we have an idea of how a city's hobo population banded together would look like in a ZA.  Junkyard badasses.

I think the tiger warmed up to Daryl because he smells horrible... wanted to let him have a pet to get him to leave ASAP.  Real fierce king of the jungle you got there, King 'Zeke.  More like an oversized pussy cat.

And if he doesn't wise up, the Kingdom and Zeke are gonna get Savior'd so bad they'd prefer the worst of Hell instead.

Get your fill of Rosita while she's still around, y'all, cause the way she's carrying on I would be very surprised if she survives to&after the finale of this season.  I'd say the same for Daryl, but he's got that Rick-like plot!armor going on.  Speaking of, only Rick could take a really good stab through his hand and a cut on his leg, and never have to worry about infection or gangrene or some other realistic potential problem.

I still love Carol, but I was bothered by that scene with Daryl, where she's crying while asking what the Saviors did.  You don't get to walk away from it all then (basically) demand to know what happened to the people you pretend to not care about.  Doesn't work that way, babe.  And killing Saviors would mean losing yourself?  I guess the 'killed cause they sneezed' people from the prison, flower-child Lizzie and all her other victims were just "bumps in the road of life"??  Really writers?!

Must have been low on budget in terms of walkers this episode... I only counted two.  "Sister's fave dress" at the beginning and "Winslow".

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 12

I still liked it much better than any of the episodes of 7-A.

Richard, you're now on probation. Daryl is right. It's easy to say that you're ready to die when it's someone else you send to death.

Richard is losing his marbles, Rosita seems to have a death wish and they have the same obsession to take the Saviors down. Mmm. Team Maverick at some point?

I disapprove of Richard's methods but I get his desperation. I love Ezekiel, his wooing Carol with the help of his subjects is adorb, but he has to get moving against the Saviors or no doubt that his magic Kingdom will get tragic in no time.

I'm going to be the optimist and believe they introduced so many new characters and places because the war on the Saviors is going to be brutal and they need shitloads of red shirts. I think some people at the Hilltop and the Kingdom will make it, but imo even Jadis won't survive this one. Hive-like mentality is interesting as a concept, but I don't see them interacting with actual characters on the long run.

So Camp Chekhov was bizarre  BUT, and this is why I still liked it much better than any of the episodes of season 7-A, I loved all the character interactions and CDB won. Well, Rick won. I love badass Rick and badass CDB. Not sorry, sorry.  Gabriel replaced Abraham as Rick's number one fanboy, cute, and he also found his backbone indeed. Between Gabriel channeling his inner John McClane and Rick coming back limping with his goofy yippee-kay-yay smile, this episode weirdly got me some Die Hard flashbacks.  It was fun. I missed fun, I missed cool fights, and I missed my favorite characters bonding and bantering and trying to live instead of barely trying to survive.

Aaron. Profession: Punching ball. Careful with that, writers. 

I'm worried for Carol. It's realistic that her mental breakdown isn't solved in a couple of episodes, after it was foreshadowed and developped over several seasons. But I'm beginning to wonder if the writers ever intend for her to recover. As others noted, she'll have to learn about Glenn and Abraham. Unless deep down, she knows Daryl lies and stays in temporary denial. I don't think that another death can be a catalyst for her finding a way out of her dilemma, and I would hate to lose her and Melissa McBride so I hope that something else will play that role.

It's obvious to me that Carol and Daryl love each other deeply, and I loved their scenes. Their meeting was long overdue and I'm glad it got the attention and screentime it deserves. I do get more of a brother and sister vibe personally but I understand how people see a possible romance and it wouldn't be nonsensical if their relationship evolved this way.

I loved the Rick and Michonne moments. Squee. I love to have at least one TV couple free of soapy and artificial drama. Worrying for each other, supporting each other, rejoicing with each other. Fitting the narrative and not derailing it.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 16

Well, that just ended up being fucking weird.  This new group is basically some bizarre hoarding cult that lives in a junkyard and speaks like they're reading tweets or poorly typed up Facebook posts, all lead by some woman name Jadis.  What in the hell was that?!  This is just becoming more and more ridiculous by the minute.  This is why I actually like The Kingdom, because they have hilarious become the most normal group the gang was ran into, because most of the wackiness on their end is because Ezekiel is putting on a show.  But everyone else is either evil or completely off their rockers!

Anyway though, Rick is forced to fight a spiked-covered Walker in some kind of gladiator-like battle, wins, and now Jadis has agreed to help them, as long as they get guns beforehand.  So, I guess the current tally for Rick's recruitment strategy is two Nos and One Maybe.  Yay?

Meanwhile, back at The Kingdom (yay!), Ezekiel is still being short-sighted and letting the Saviors push them around, so Richard tries to implement a plan to force Ezekiel into starting a war, and tries and get Daryl to assist.  But after Daryl finds out that the plan involves sacrificing Carol, that unsurprisingly goes all to Hell.  Daryl and Carol's reunion was nice, although I have to think something is going to come out of him not telling her the truth about Glenn and Abraham.

I see Morgan's back into the "Sure, the Saviors are evil bastards, but we probably shouldn't kill them!  Maybe hugging it out would work!" way of things.  Sigh.... you just can't help yourself, dude.

Never change, Jerry.  Never change.

Rosita is now being a jerk to Tara.  One of these days she is going to diss someone who will actually dish it back to her.

Hey, no Negan!  But I'm sure that just means he's being saved for a special two hour episode, where he just talks to a tied-up Eugene for 90% of the episode....

Again... what a fucking weird episode.

• Love 4

The Saviours are boring. They're just jerks with guns and now we've got a whole season devoted to them. I've actually enjoyed the last two episodes because Negan hasn't been seen. The junkyard people were interesting because of their salvage yard schtick. I assume their cheesy green screen special effects have helped hide them from walkers and the Saviours. It was entertaining to see Rick narfle the Garthok from Coneheads.

• Love 3

Why is nobody worried about Heath? Tara never found his body and writers better not prolong him missing either. It'll get to the point where nobody is gonna care.

I for the life of me don't know why Ezekiel & The Kingdom are bending over backwards for Carol. Quite frankly I'm tired of them going over there with food for her. Ezekiel only had one conversation with her and now he's acting like the prince of Cinderella keep coming to her house with the glass slipper and hoping it would fit on her foot. He's acting like he's trying to find the queen for the Kingdom.  IDK why they can't grasp the concept of leave her alone. Let her stay in that house, reading a book and whatever else she does. It's hard seeing Carol kind of reverting back to S1-2 Carol of being meek and weak and needing protection.

• Love 9