Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Will Alexandria be replaced by one AllStar for the rest of the season, or will different All-Stars cycle in?

1 hour ago, dcc.fan.always said:

Vivian is a lot bigger than muscular here

Without meaning to sound rude towards Vivian (even though I couldnt stand her as a TCC - couldn't stop checking herself out 24/7 and came off as a mega-bitch, not to mention THAT. POEM) Kelli would DIE at the idea of putting her in the uniform.  between thutt and belly, Kelli would burst into flames at the thought

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Viv wasn't fat when she auditioned but "choreographer" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that dance was, personally, a mess. Perhaps in the hands (and feet) of a better dancer, it'd look less...frenzied and flow better? there were the odd groups of a few beats that worked for me but honestly it was pretty bad imho

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

that dance was, personally, a mess. Perhaps in the hands (and feet) of a better dancer, it'd look less...frenzied and flow better? there were the odd groups of a few beats that worked for me but honestly it was pretty bad imho

Nah she looked like a girl at the club who is just extra. As you said a mess.

• Love 8

It looks like Vivian is teaching dance five days a week. If she's that active, her current size must just be where her body wants to be. I marvel at what she must've had to do to herself to get down to a "DCC-approved physique." She seems happy, so good for her. I'm glad she's doing something she enjoys. I wonder what her day job is, though. I believe her degree was in communications or something similar.

I haven't seen enough of Keyra to remember what her shape is like. I'm all for 'body diversity' on this team as long as everyone is fit, but the DCC sure are slow to embrace changing beauty standards. I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to allow an AA girl to wear her hair naturally or a caucasian girl to appear in public without a tan. I do wonder if Meagan Pravden auditioned today, if her backside would still keep her off the squad.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I haven't seen enough of Keyra to remember what her shape is like.

I think the most accurate description I've seen here about her shape is that she's built like a gymnast.  She may look thick, but she looks to me like she is rock solid

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I haven't seen enough of Keyra to remember what her shape is like. I'm all for 'body diversity' on this team as long as everyone is fit, but the DCC sure are slow to embrace changing beauty standards. I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to allow an AA girl to wear her hair naturally or a caucasian girl to appear in public without a tan. I do wonder if Meagan Pravden auditioned today, if her backside would still keep her off the squad.

I know Jacie and Sasha Agent wore natural hair, it may be treated just the same as what color/style compliments the girl. 

Looks like the squad announcement is made while they're in triangle. 

• Love 4

From what I recall, Jacie didn't show up with natural hair until after she retired. I don't know what the deal is with Sasha, but if that's her natural hair, good for her. We've yet to see a girl with naturally kinky hair on this team. Not since the 70s anyway.

• Love 5

I really feel badly for Taryn.  She's the absolutely last cut before they announce the squad . . . and then a fellow rookie candidate bows out after the pre-season is barely done (if it's done, I don't follow football that closely).  I doubt Taryn will be back, at least for a year or two if ever, not only because of the emotional toll, but because she PROVED she was a strong contender despite her scores yet they didn't want her.  I think Judy and Kelli are starting to regret some of their choices for this year's squad and wish they could have cut some girls in place of others, but they're stuck with their choices.

I don't think that Alexandria will be back either.  This seemed to be her one chance at the squad and then life happened and she had to give it up.  I'm not saying that sh*t doesn't happen to other people, but I also got the feeling that Alexandria was ignoring the signs that said she shouldn't be doing this and did it anyway.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

I know Jacie and Sasha Agent wore natural hair, it may be treated just the same as what color/style compliments the girl. 

Looks like the squad announcement is made while they're in triangle. 

Jackie only did her rookie season. After that, it was a weave.

13 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I really feel badly for Taryn.  She's the absolutely last cut before they announce the squad . . . and then a fellow rookie candidate bows out after the pre-season is barely done (if it's done, I don't follow football that closely).  I doubt Taryn will be back, at least for a year or two if ever, not only because of the emotional toll, but because she PROVED she was a strong contender despite her scores yet they didn't want her.  I think Judy and Kelli are starting to regret some of their choices for this year's squad and wish they could have cut some girls in place of others, but they're stuck with their choices.

I don't think that Alexandria will be back either.  This seemed to be her one chance at the squad and then life happened and she had to give it up.  I'm not saying that sh*t doesn't happen to other people, but I also got the feeling that Alexandria was ignoring the signs that said she shouldn't be doing this and did it anyway.

No one left during preseason.

On October 24, 2017 at 8:48 AM, Mabinogia said:

She's got a great body for an average girl on the street but she does not have a great Hollywood body. Hopefully her "big dream" is to be a backup dancer or dance in music videos because I don't see her getting much farther than that. She's not going to be a big star. She's just a pretty girl who can dance. And she is also a girl who can't follow the rules. Unless you're a big star, most companies aren't going to look to highly on someone who can't follow the simplest rules of a contract. I hope she has some amazing connections out there because she's in for quite a reality check if she thinks she'll have the success she had on DCC.

Might be a bit awkward when her parents have to pay for her equity card. Which is the ONLY way you can audition for anyone who's anyone. Holly sure fooled the DCC audience. Daughter of an attourney who CHOSE to drive 2 hours away to a studio because the one that taught her everything she knows couldn't make her the primary and only focus. Every kid counts. 

• Love 3

I’m guessing if K&J had known 1 Rookie would quit and 2 Veterans wouldn’t finish Training Camp they wouldn’t have cut 3 Veterans at tryouts. Little Heather was one of my favorites last year and I was surprised she was cut. Unless it was for a Code of Conduct violation or something else we weren’t shown on TV it’s still confusing to me. We did see her kick the wrong way, and maybe at the time that merited getting the axe, but if K&J knew then what they know now they might’ve chosen differently. I wonder what they regret from this season...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SimplePleasures said:

The individual girls are up on the Cowboys website.  The team photo is still the one from last year the last I looked.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders_squad_2016

Alexandria is not one of the girls.

Their profile shots are gorgeous this year, at least that makes up for the awkward team photo. Kelsey, Lacey, Khalyn, and Molly are my favorite. 

Just now, jaykay27 said:

Ummm, guys?   does this mean they aren’t that excited about this year’s squad either:

09232267-2496-45E4-A911-8F5E1F9F3F44.jpeg

Not surprising honestly. Their website is full of typos (especially Sam's articles and did). They seriously need a social media overhaul, or at least spend more time proofreading. Lord knows they can afford it.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Rooney said:

I’m guessing if K&J had known 1 Rookie would quit and 2 Veterans wouldn’t finish Training Camp they wouldn’t have cut 3 Veterans at tryouts. Little Heather was one of my favorites last year and I was surprised she was cut. Unless it was for a Code of Conduct violation or something else we weren’t shown on TV it’s still confusing to me. We did see her kick the wrong way, and maybe at the time that merited getting the axe, but if K&J knew then what they know now they might’ve chosen differently. I wonder what they regret from this season...

I agree, shouldn’t have cut little Heather

• Love 5
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I got that same vibe from her too. When we met her in the first few episodes she had just finished up cheering for the Patriots for years and had recently bought a home that she was fixing up with her boyfriend. Just seems like she was in a more "settled down" part of her life; whereas other girls are willing to give their left arm and sleep on air mattresses because they're so hungry for it. I get the impression that she tried out as a personal goal but never expected to make the team.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Will Alexandria be replaced by one AllStar for the rest of the season, or will different All-Stars cycle in?

Without meaning to sound rude towards Vivian (even though I couldnt stand her as a TCC - couldn't stop checking herself out 24/7 and came off as a mega-bitch, not to mention THAT. POEM) Kelli would DIE at the idea of putting her in the uniform.  between thutt and belly, Kelli would burst into flames at the thought

You got that right!

7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It looks like Vivian is teaching dance five days a week. If she's that active, her current size must just be where her body wants to be. I marvel at what she must've had to do to herself to get down to a "DCC-approved physique." She seems happy, so good for her. I'm glad she's doing something she enjoys. I wonder what her day job is, though. I believe her degree was in communications or something similar.

I don't know if that's where her body wants to be. It may be more due to what she is eating. A good figure is made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Food choices are key.

• Love 2

These web site errors aren't much compared to what happened a few years ago on Wiki for Next Food Network Star.   Wikipedia showed the winner one or two weeks before the competition was even finished.  This reality show also has a very tight contract and is filmed in advance of airing.  Contestants don't breathe a word when they are released (one a week).

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Terri said:

Might be a bit awkward when her parents have to pay for her equity card. Which is the ONLY way you can audition for anyone who's anyone. Holly sure fooled the DCC audience. Daughter of an attourney who CHOSE to drive 2 hours away to a studio because the one that taught her everything she knows couldn't make her the primary and only focus. Every kid counts. 

Gonna be petty and say it: I TOLD Y’ALL SO! Holly came off fakes as a $3 bill from the second she appeared. Kelli was enamored with her dancing, so chose to close her eyes  and probably helped manifacture the Elie May comes to town sorry. 

What I don’t get is how Kitty and Judy didn’t see it andscream from the rooftops. They seem to have a better ‘fake’ filter. Maybe they did, but Kelli and Charlotte didn’t care. Who knows. 

6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Their profile shots are gorgeous this year, at least that makes up for the awkward team photo. Kelsey, Lacey, Khalyn, and Molly are my favorite. 

Not surprising honestly. Their website is full of typos (especially Sam's articles and did). They seriously need a social media overhaul, or at least spend more time proofreading. Lord knows they can afford it.

I agree. I’ve had jobs and supervised interns to manage websites for much smaller companies with .1% of the DCC or cowboys budget and name recognition. There are always tons of college kids wanting to build portfolios who will update these things for free. They’ll even pay the school for th internship credit. There is zero reason the DCC website has so many spelling errors, outdated bios and rosters, broken links, etc. That’s just sloppy management, Kelli. 

• Love 9
37 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Gonna be petty and say it: I TOLD Y’ALL SO! Holly came off fakes as a $3 bill from the second she appeared. Kelli was enamored with her dancing, so chose to close her eyes  and probably helped manifacture the Elie May comes to town sorry. 

What I don’t get is how Kitty and Judy didn’t see it andscream from the rooftops. They seem to have a better ‘fake’ filter. Maybe they did, but Kelli and Charlotte didn’t care. Who knows. 

I agree. I’ve had jobs and supervised interns to manage websites for much smaller companies with .1% of the DCC or cowboys budget and name recognition. There are always tons of college kids wanting to build portfolios who will update these things for free. They’ll even pay the school for th internship credit. There is zero reason the DCC website has so many spelling errors, outdated bios and rosters, broken links, etc. That’s just sloppy management, Kelli. 

Yep, it’s embarrassing and unacceptable especially since they waited til midseason to update the roster. This stuff should’ve been triple checked and edited by multiple ppl at this point.

Im curious about Holly. Where is her father a lawyer - in the small town where she grew up or somewhere else?  

• Love 3

Alexandria came off to me as someone who was trying to be a DCC to prove that she could do it, not necessarily because she was dying to do it. Her leaving mid-season doesn't shock me, but it does make me feel bad for Taryn. I know she's with her Ice Angels now, but at least she would still be there. I hope Kelli and Judy learn from this year because this season came off as a total hot mess in terms of team management. 

• Love 4

Oh and I wonder what happened on Alexandria's instagram last night---I looked it up last night and it popped up this morning and she went from public to private. I wonder if hate mail rolled in once people realized she made it and left. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep, it’s embarrassing and unacceptable especially since they waited til midseason to update the roster. This stuff should’ve been triple checked and edited by multiple ppl at this point.

Im curious about Holly. Where is her father a lawyer - in the small town where she grew up or somewhere else?  

Tax attorney in MO.

Not Johnny Cochran LOL.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Alexandria came off to me as someone who was trying to be a DCC to prove that she could do it, not necessarily because she was dying to do it. Her leaving mid-season doesn't shock me, but it does make me feel bad for Taryn. I know she's with her Ice Angels now, but at least she would still be there. I hope Kelli and Judy learn from this year because this season came off as a total hot mess in terms of team management. 

IIRC Alexandria was burnt pretty bad by Patriots organization...she was vet of the year, pro bowl, line captain and then after her four years were up was set to stick around help out with auditions and what not...they ended up just dropping her cold with no reasons.  I don't want to say she was bitter and did DCC for an 'i'll show you i'm not a has-been' kind of deal....she was good friends with Holly A and admired DCC...but I agree the timing was super awkward.  I had a feeling she'd be a one and done because of her wedding but I truly don't think she's the type of person to quit mid season for any reason but a family issue. I feel for her.  :( And Taryn because ugh. 

They should just force Emma to be a regular DCC again instead of all star LOL 

• Love 7

My take on the episode is that they truly focus on only a few of the squad.  There were some rookies they showed at the end that we had BARELY seen.  But I was truly thrilled for Christina the look on her face when the squad was announced was awesome.

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Reeds is a small town that is just outside of Joplin, which is not a small town.  It's also not far from Springfield.

@gnesty, me too.  I think it's cool she stuck with her dream and saw it through.

Edited by SuzySmith
  • Love 2
On 10/20/2017 at 2:14 AM, Emilyhitch said:

Not like anyone cares, but I saw Stephanie, Simone, Chantel, and Yuko out at the new bar, Bottled Blonde tonight. I love that Yuko was there. She’s honestly so breathtaking in person. 

There were at least 5 current cowboys players that I saw and none of the girls were even in their vicinity after they saw them. Jenna & holly, take notes. 

Thank you for pointing that out. Its true.

When we lived in a huge home near the Atl Falcons complex around 2004, our next door neighbor was the million-dollar Falcons kicker and his young wife.  They were both Bible-believing Christians and often had other Christian Falcons at their house. Since we had no fences between our properties, we'd often find these giant creatures in my back yard, attempting to play badminton with my then -7y.o daughter.   (I say "attempting" because the shuttlecock would invariably wind up on the roof, and these knuckleheads would argue about whether their overkill with the badminton racket was evidence of poor skill, or "a demonstration of raw athletic power".)

I say all that to say:  these players (minus Koenen the kicker) were the largest and loudest human beings I've ever seen.  They are extremely hard to miss, even in a crowd.  Jenna and Holly had no excuse, if their hope was that no one would notice.

On 10/20/2017 at 10:22 AM, bigskygirl said:

Christina and Savannah are this season's Morgan and Kaitlyn (Season 8.) Neither one can dance or have the total DCC package, but they still make the team. I can picture if all the rookies from this year try out again three or more will be cut at next year's finals. They should be counting their lucky stars three vets were cut at finals, Holly and Erica left, and a few talented DCCs retired because there was a snowball chance in heck of them actually making the team this year. The squad especially from Season 8 on has left a lot to be desired. Season 7 was not all that great either, but they did have a few standout girls making the team to make up for the ones who should not have made the team in first place.

Oh thank God, I'm not the only one who was baffled by Morgan's making the squad. And Kaitlyn...poor thing, she reminded me of the dangers of allowing my shih-tzu to play in my makeup drawer.  Jes' sayin'.

• Love 2

I believe Kashara is killing it at point because she's sexy and fun to watch.  Lacey is more lyrical.  It really does not need to be the most technical dancer but the one that draws your attention.  After all the drama of Holly, Erica, and Jenna any manager would want someone like Kashara there who is a natural leader and has some humility about her.  Of course others such as Lacey are going to be disappointed it's not them.  Was there ever a girl who was point more than one year?  What about Whitney I?  I can see Kashara being point next year too.  As a former manager, my pick would be Kashara.

Jenna------Professionalism 101.  You screwed up and you are not going to be your spot back.  If you were going to get their spot back, it would have been if JennK went to Canton.  When Judy reblocked it, you were done.  There was not enough time to get it back and your text to Shelly sealed the deal.  Jenna needs to grow up, put on her big girl panties, and go find a life.  She is a cute dancer but still very much a little girl.  She needs to find something real outside of the DCC bubble.

Alexandria- She came across as a one year girl to prove she could do it. They could have done so much more with her in a makeover.   It's too bad there was a family emergency but I feel for Taryn and Brennan the most.  They should have her spot.  

The team could easily have been even fewer girls because Christina and Savannah struggled so much.  Keyra I go back and forth on if I like her.  Her body is different but I am for some diversity on the team with body types.  Back when the show first started, we had some fuller bodies and some more  muscular ones and I liked it more.  Savannah is beautiful when she is not showing those poor teeth.  Wasn't one of the judges a dentist?  Savannah looks like she had crowns or veneers put in too big for her mouth and Kelli should get that guy to fix them for free.  Savannah would look amazing then.   Still wouldn't fix her dancing but........

Selina's picture and the mistake of her rookie year.  I bet they wanted to use last year's picture because of her weight issues but did not fix the rest.  

The clip of Vivian.....she looks horrible.  At least her first year of training camp, she still looked fit it not the DCC body.  How can you be that size and dance that much.  

One and done girls.........Savannah, Christina, and maybe Keyra.  Jenna hopefully goes to find a life.  And although Tasha is growing on me, it's time for her to focus on her family.  Yuko please leave.  You're cute and sassy but cannot do the DCC style.

Erica smacks of she had a lawyer get involved.  Even if she would not win with a full hearing on the issues, she could have gotten an initial emergency order and Charlotte decided it was not worth it.  If Erica really wants to be a Christian motivational speaker, she would not want the drinking in the stands, lying, defiant story out there.  Too bad.  A great dancer.

Holly is going to have a hard time.  LA is a much bigger town with lots of great dancers wanting to make it big.  Holly was truly an incredible dancer just too impressed with herself to thing the rules applied to her.

Can't wait for next year..........

Edited by Lexusprincess
  • Love 7