Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

With all the recent Instagram posts it’s got me thinking about this years calendar shoot. If K&J advises a girl to retire this year and she chooses not to, does she still go on the calendar shoot, despite the likelihood of getting cut of finals? 

Good question for @Shelly.

22 hours ago, Acromantula said:

12965770_695688103866985_1099935569_n.jpg.d4af2033d42dce72087dae3ab87f2b9d.jpg

I didn't know Kalyssa used to do Body-builder/Figure competitions. She looks very scrawny and borderline unhealthy here to me...I hope it was just for the show and I'm glad she appears much healthier right now. 

she would be unhealthy - bodybuilders only look that for a matter of hours at a time. she'd have cut pretty hard to get down to that and be extremely dehydrated.  its not something that can be maintained for any length of time and between competitions i can gurantee she wouldn't have looked like that.  its super obvious its not where her body wants to be, weight and shape wise

21 hours ago, jaykay27 said:

Ummm, guys?   does this mean they aren’t that excited about this year’s squad either:

ETA, this is a screen shot from the link, http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders_squad_2017

which they have since fixed (with a smaller font, to Howdeedo’s point below)

09232267-2496-45E4-A911-8F5E1F9F3F44.jpeg

Given the atrocious grammer of a lot of the girls on SM (half of them have no clue on their/there/they're for example) and no idea how to spell, I'm surprised not one whit that management are just as bad.  hilarious though!!  freudian slip, much!?!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

You got that right!

I don't know if that's where her body wants to be. It may be more due to what she is eating. A good figure is made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Food choices are key.

Yup 100%
my old trainer always used to say 'you can run as far as you like, but you can't run from a bad diet'. if you're eating poorly, your workout choices will have a very limited impact on your weight/shape.  also, she mentioned in a couple of posts that she used to be super strict with food etc, and so if she maybe ate much less than she should or yoyo dieted, she's going to have screwed with her metabolism and how her body takes on and holds onto fat.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Tax attorney in MO.

Not Johnny Cochran LOL.

She lived in a small town.. However afforded all the expenses she needed to make DCC. Trainers, tans, dentists. The whole "gosh I'm a small town girl with 1 stoplight? Made for tv. 

• Love 2

Maybe not a world changer but he pays his daughters bills. Imagine trying to make DCC when you work full time to pay the bills. You're competition is holly.  Her daily goal is work out, tan, nails, choreography. When mom and dad are still in the pic... Recipe for immature disaster. 

• Love 4
On 10/26/2017 at 10:46 PM, California Girl said:

Based on the discussion above I would be certain of only six retirements, Amy L. (married and running a business), Cersten (for medical school), Jenna (because she's put in her time), Jinelle (ditto), Khalyn (because of injuries), and Simone (married and injuries).  If the Cowboys win the Super Bowl this year then I anticipate that many more of the women will want to leave on that high note and retire.  I recognize that Alexandria had to depart for personal reasons, and I admire her putting family first, but this has certainly been a dysfunctional start to the training camp/season for many unexpected reasons.  Finally, I like Kalyssa's personality and ability, but I worry a  bit about her maturity.  Her Instagram and socializing, as reported on here, make me wonder if she will drift toward the self-absorbed, without the grounding that family has given someone like Tasha.     

Well I saw a picture with Jenna saying "surrounding yourself with those who are true" which reminded me of a picture Holly has posted... I guess Jenna found her next partner in crime.

3 hours ago, Terri said:

She lived in a small town.. However afforded all the expenses she needed to make DCC. Trainers, tans, dentists. The whole "gosh I'm a small town girl with 1 stoplight? Made for tv. 

That's also the story Kalyssa is selling but there's no way a 20 year old would afford all these prep classes, a huge apartment without a roommate and everything else in between without help from her parents. Most of these girls have support so I don't see why Holly should be the only one criticized for it.

I'm sad to see Alexandria go, but at least she had a good reason. Taryn is probably going to burn down the stadium AND the star.

• Love 2

I'm a loyal fan of this show (like all of us are) and this season will go down as my least favorite for one reason: the exclusion of Ericas departure.   Yes, they absolutely owe it to us to let us know what happened.   This is a reality show and I don't give a shit about privacy.  DCC owes so much to this reality show (made them even more well known, Kelli is a millionaire now thanks to the show) and it's a damn slap in the face to the fans to hide her departure.   I suspect old windbag Jerry and Skeletor aka Charlottle didn't want to tarnish "the brand" by *gasp* making it known that a cheerleader was drinking a beer.  I'm pissed and they owe us. And yes, get rid of Ramos and keep Melissa away.  Both suck.  

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

That's also the story Kalyssa is selling but there's no way a 20 year old would afford all these prep classes, a huge apartment without a roommate and everything else in between without help from her parents. Most of these girls have support so I don't see why Holly should be the only one criticized for it.

Question about this, as a Floridian, I have friends who live in TX and tell me how their money stretches SO much further in Texas. (In terms of rent, buying property, Cost of living).  Between that and being able to see the DCC damn near daily, I considered making the move too. Is it not possible that the cost of living is so much lower there that they are able to afford these things?

55 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Question about this, as a Floridian, I have friends who live in TX and tell me how their money stretches SO much further in Texas. (In terms of rent, buying property, Cost of living).  Between that and being able to see the DCC damn near daily, I considered making the move too. Is it not possible that the cost of living is so much lower there that they are able to afford these things?

Cost of living is not cheap in big cities like DALLAS or an AUSTIN.  Move to a small town like Lubbock or Orange Texas, and you can buy a lot of land for your buck. 

My spouse is from Miami and definitely not cheap to live in a decent location. 

11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Good question for @Shelly.

All reauditioning DCC go on the shoot. There is a deadline for one’s decision every year, so that travel & accomodations can be made accordingly. There have only been a couple in the past that have changed their decision after the deadline.

4 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I suspect old windbag Jerry and Skeletor aka Charlottle didn't want to tarnish "the brand" by *gasp* making it known that a cheerleader was drinking a beer.

The more I think about it, the harder I find it to believe that THIS is the only reason Erica was released.  I could see her getting a warning or suspension, but dismissed?  Unless this was a repeat offense, I think there is much more to the story that we will never hear.

12 hours ago, CaseyRe said:
On 10/27/2017 at 5:06 AM, dcc.fan.always said:

You got that right!

I don't know if that's where her body wants to be. It may be more due to what she is eating. A good figure is made in the kitchen, not in the gym. Food choices are key.

Yup 100%
my old trainer always used to say 'you can run as far as you like, but you can't run from a bad diet'. if you're eating poorly, your workout choices will have a very limited impact on your weight/shape. 

And if you have poor workout habits, your diet will have little impact on your weight.  Obviously your health will be better with a better diet, but from a looks standpoint, yes you can outrun pizza & beer (I know from personal experience, I've done it for years).

• Love 3

I wonder if Kelli was called into Charlottes office when all the Holly and Jenna (then Erika) crap started busting loose!   Charlotte says, “tonight, I need to see in my office...Kelli”.  To be a fly on the wall!!

• Love 12
13 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

she would be unhealthy - bodybuilders only look that for a matter of hours at a time. she'd have cut pretty hard to get down to that and be extremely dehydrated.  its not something that can be maintained for any length of time and between competitions i can gurantee she wouldn't have looked like that.  its super obvious its not where her body wants to be, weight and shape wise

Given the atrocious grammer of a lot of the girls on SM (half of them have no clue on their/there/they're for example) and no idea how to spell, I'm surprised not one whit that management are just as bad.  hilarious though!!  freudian slip, much!?!

LOL sorry but have to ..GRAMMAR

12 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

A plea for next year -
STOP TRYING TO MAKE EMPTY YOUR BUCKET HAPPEN

It's never gonna happen

THIS. ONE THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

no-bucket.jpg

• Love 4
9 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

This 100%.

I'm sure that's also why they dropped the rule that a DCC must have a full time job or a be a full time student.  They've realized that, as the quality of dance improves, the more time the girls must devote to it in order to stay on the team.

I'd bet most of these girls are getting significant financial help from mom and dad.

• Love 5

And I don't even think it's a bad thing! At that age they are still in junior (or entry level) positions which don't pay that well, plus they can't pick up a side gig or extra hours so of course they need help. I'm not sure why it's a bad thing for parents to help out their kids-not spoiling them of course- if they have the means to. Maybe that's a cultural thing though.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Lady GenX said:

This 100%.

I'm sure that's also why they dropped the rule that a DCC must have a full time job or a be a full time student.  They've realized that, as the quality of dance improves, the more time the girls must devote to it in order to stay on the team.

I'd bet most of these girls are getting significant financial help from mom and dad.

KaSahara said something about  her parents doing everything they can to keep her in TX. I assume that would be  supporting her or paying her rent.

4 hours ago, ShellyB said:

All reauditioning DCC go on the shoot. There is a deadline for one’s decision every year, so that travel & accomodations can be made accordingly. There have only been a couple in the past that have changed their decision after the deadline.

Do you mean girls who said they'd retire and not go on the shoot?  They were able to change their mind about coming back and then go on the shoot? I would think that would cause problems.

1 hour ago, Lady GenX said:

This 100%.

I don't know ANY of them who are 100% supporting themselves. Almost all have mom, dad, hubs, bf, roomies, etc. helping at least some. Maybe Kelli Q. 

Angela said she was going to retire her last year, but she changed her mind and decided to try out again, but she did not go on the calendar shoot for her fifth and final year. Mentor Melissa said she was going to retire, changed her mind, but she was not allowed to go on the calendar shoot.

3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

I don't know ANY of them who are 100% supporting themselves. Almost all have mom, dad, hubs, bf, roomies, etc. helping at least some. Maybe Kelli Q. 

There was the one girl from Season 7 whose name I cannot remember. Kelli asked her way she did not want to do Show Group, and she said she wanted to find a job so she could help her parents and siblings out because she did not want her brothers to miss out on opportunities since money was tight for her family.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Angela said she was going to retire her last year, but she changed her mind and decided to try out again, but she did not go on the calendar shoot for her fifth and final year. Mentor Melissa said she was going to retire, changed her mind, but she was not allowed to go on the calendar shoot.

There was the one girl from Season 7 whose name I cannot remember. Kelli asked her way she did not want to do Show Group, and she said she wanted to find a job so she could help her parents and siblings out because she did not want her brothers to miss out on opportunities since money was tight for her family.

Carissa. Some get less help like Danielle or Madeline, but I don't know any 100% support themselves. Even JennK had a hubs who worked so she was not 100% responsible for bills. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Carissa. Some get less help like Danielle or Madeline, but I don't know any 100% support themselves. Even JennK had a hubs who worked so she was not 100% responsible for bills. 

Wasn't Kaitlin LeGrand supposedly totally supporting herself and trying to go to school while being DCC? The night she missed the entire rehearsal and showed up after wasn't she trying to get from work/school to rehearsal and got pulled over?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Wasn't Kaitlin LeGrand supposedly totally supporting herself and trying to go to school while being DCC? The night she missed the entire rehearsal and showed up after wasn't she trying to get from work/school to rehearsal and got pulled over?

Katilin = insert side eye. Not saying that none of them ever have had to pay for stuff. Over the years there are few and far between that 100% support themselves. 

2 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Katilin = insert side eye. Not saying that none of them ever have had to pay for stuff. Over the years there are few and far between that 100% support themselves. 

I might be wrong then but I could swear I recalled Kelli and/or Judy discussing Kaitlin trying to work, go to college and cheer at the same time which would tell me she had to support herself if she moved out. Or that maybe her parents insisted on her working and going to school while on DCC as a condition to live at home?  When she finally showed up to Valley Ranch the night she missed the rehearsal she said her Mom drove her there after she got pulled over/followed home.  (And I know this really doesn't belong in this thread but I can't figure out how to gracefully move it to Former DCC/Seasons - Sorry!

2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I might be wrong then but I could swear I recalled Kelli and/or Judy discussing Kaitlin trying to work, go to college and cheer at the same time which would tell me she had to support herself if she moved out. Or that maybe her parents insisted on her working and going to school while on DCC as a condition to live at home?  When she finally showed up to Valley Ranch the night she missed the rehearsal she said her Mom drove her there after she got pulled over/followed home.  (And I know this really doesn't belong in this thread but I can't figure out how to gracefully move it to Former DCC/Seasons - Sorry!

You're right Kaitlin isn't rich but I'd side eye anything she said.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

When she finally showed up to Valley Ranch the night she missed the rehearsal she said her Mom drove her there after she got pulled over/followed home.

My impression of that whole scene is that Kaitlin was lying through her teeth. 

She said the cop followed her home and gave her a warning, but when K & J asked to see it, she said she didn't get a written warning, the cop just told her not to do it again.  

That's why Kaitlin = side eye.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Lacey will stay one more year- possibly point of triangle with Maggie and cersten as the second line. Closely followed by the likes of Madeline etc. 

My dream triangle would be Lacey, Robin and Maggie/Heather O.  All are long and lean, beautiful and a great combo of hair colors. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Stee said:

My dream triangle would be Lacey, Robin and Maggie/Heather O.  All are long and lean, beautiful and a great combo of hair colors. 

I agree, Maggie over Heather for me! I love Robin but as Cersten is further up the triangle I think she would get a look in before Robin. 

8 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I don't think Lacey will ever be point.  She's not viewed as powerful enough to have that position where she's dancing all by herself.

I agreed at the start of the season but after watching her lead the triangle for her group my opinion has changed. I think she is a powerful dancer with a great appeal

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree, Maggie over Heather for me! I love Robin but as Cersten is further up the triangle I think she would get a look in before Robin. 

I agreed at the start of the season but after watching her lead the triangle for her group my opinion has changed. I think she is a powerful dancer with a great appeal

I agree and think Lacey being passsed over for Kashara has really made Lacey up her power. If Kashara stays, I think Lacey is a toss up with retiring. If Kashara goes, I think Lacey will stay and try for point. Lacey said she was 50/50 on retiring in that podcast. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AmbrosiaL said:

LOL sorry but have to ..GRAMMAR

THIS. ONE THOUSAND TIMES THIS.

no-bucket.jpg

OMGoodness... this slayed me.  I think they tried to tie in everything to Jerry Jones due to his iconic moment.  Next year it will be something like "be the twinkle at the STAR" :)

• Love 1
On 10/27/2017 at 5:03 PM, Acromantula said:

- Taryn & Savannah --Speaking of crushes, these two are adorable! Their friendship is #goals for me for sure. 

Taryn was the last cut.  I think you might mean Tara.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

yikes, rewatching the ep - to anyone else, did Gina's 'crying' look SUPER fake when the team was announced?

Gina comes off fake to me on everything.  I hope she’s a one-timer.

• Love 10
21 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I think overall this year has been a total disaster.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Carissa.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, missmansfield said:

I think overall this year has been a total disaster.

I agree.  First of all, I feel bad that Raylee, Allie and Heather were cut cause they weren't veteran ready or worthy or whatever the phrase is.  Well, gee I don't think two fellow vets fraternizing/drinking/whatever with football players and getting away with it sets a good example.  But they weren't cut or advised not to try out again.  Instead you've got 3 girls who worked their buns off to try out again, who followed the rules and what happens???

Then you have Erica who broke the rules and yes she was released, but we aren't going to talk about it cause she supposedly got a lawyer.  How is it girls who break the rules and their contracts are allowed to get lawyered up?  I'm not saying we need to bring her on tv and throw stones at her, but something could have been said.

I also feel really, really bad for Taryn.  She works her a** off to get thisclose to making the team, and then how many girls are injured or have to leave or just aren't very good?  They should have kept her, Celinda and ...........drats! I can't remember the other gal's name:(

Good things this year:  Kashara, Lacey and Jinelle getting their chance to show they can lead.  Heather being named as assistant GL in her second year.  Maggie, Robin, Tasha, Stephanie showing what they are capable of.  There has been so much drama, I feel like a lot of them were over looked cause they did do the right thing.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Lady GenX said:

My impression of that whole scene is that Kaitlin was lying through her teeth. 

She said the cop followed her home and gave her a warning, but when K & J asked to see it, she said she didn't get a written warning, the cop just told her not to do it again.  

That's why Kaitlin = side eye.

Where I live the police give verbal warnings (I've had friends and extended family in law enforcement).  Maybe she got a verbal warning?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Where I live the police give verbal warnings (I've had friends and extended family in law enforcement).  Maybe she got a verbal warning?

I admit I've never even heard of an unwritten warning, so you might be right, but Kelli certainly seemed to expect Kaitlin to produce a piece of paper.  Kaitlin said "He gave me a warning," and Kelli responded with "Do you have it with you?"

But then again I live in a Chicago suburb and can't imagine any police officer that would follow someone to their home and not write it up.