Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I enjoyed the season mainly because there was so much dancing. Some of the features were a little dull for me, but as long as there was dancing in the episode that's a big thumb up.  More show group, more final solos, please. Maybe a preseason episode featuring performances from throughout the year? I really don't care which cuts got attention and which didn't, although I am interested in the behind the scenes discussions. For example, I thought the photos showing that Keyra didn't smile were very revealing, and I liked that they decided to show her the evidence and give her a chance to fix it, which she did.  I sincerely hope that the girls who just barely made it continue to improve throughout the season and come back strong next year. I firmly believe that while every girl has her personal story about why she wants to be a DCC, the common thread is that they love to dance and they love to perform. And that is all there is to it.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

KaSahara said something about  her parents doing everything they can to keep her in TX. I assume that would be  supporting her or paying her rent.

Do you mean girls who said they'd retire and not go on the shoot?  They were able to change their mind about coming back and then go on the shoot? I would think that would cause problems.

Anytime you employ young women that are still getting their bills paid via mom and dad... God luck with appropriate and mature decision making. If you are hired to shake your booty in front of 100,000 fans, and represent the NFL, you need to be an adult with all the responsibilities that that brings. Holly was sent to Dallas as a "kept woman". Do what you have to do to make DCC and don't worry your pretty little head about anything else. That's difficult to compete with when you work a full time job like an adult. But the reality is  your competition is full time DCC mode without a care in the world other than looking awesome and killing choreography. Because that'll prepare you for life after NFL thanks mom and dad. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Terri said:

Anytime you employ young women that are still getting their bills paid via mom and dad... God luck with appropriate and mature decision making. If you are hired to shake your booty in front of 100,000 fans, and represent the NFL, you need to be an adult with all the responsibilities that that brings. Holly was sent to Dallas as a "kept woman". Do what you have to do to make DCC and don't worry your pretty little head about anything else. That's difficult to compete with when you work a full time job like an adult. But the reality is  your competition is full time DCC mode without a care in the world other than looking awesome and killing choreography. Because that'll prepare you for life after NFL thanks mom and dad. 

How old was Brooke when she made DCC?  Meagan Sharp?  Sara C?  Dara?  Abigail?  Kelsi?  Sydney?  Melissa K?

There will always be examples of "girls gone bad" in any situation, but I think the DCC has an alumni to be proud of. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

Maybe a preseason episode featuring performances from throughout the year?

LOVE this idea!!!!  Pretty please, @ShellyB??  Maybe also profiling some of the girls taking prep classes?? ?

I've really loved the season overall, and I felt as though there was a really fair presentation of the difficulties overall, even without addressing Erica's departure.  Also, and I know Anthony Ramos gets a lot of heat here, but I thought he was adorable, especially at the prelims/semis/finals sequence ("bless her heart" made me giggle).

I feel terribly sorry for Taryn - I really liked her and she struck me as a hard worker with a good attitude, so I hope she keeps training and comes back.  The fact she was accepted back to AAIA even after auditions speaks well for her (and the director!) and I hope she rocks it next go-round.  

Beyond the show, I hope Alexandria is doing as well as she can with whatever is going on with her at home - she and her man were adorable and I loved seeing the profile of her with her family.  Tara and Savannah were two of my favorite girls this year, I love their friendship and they both seem like sweethearts - wish we could have seen more of Cersten and Keyra for the same reason (also, Keyra seems like she'd be a riot ?).

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, raindancer said:
1 hour ago, Law Mom said:

Maybe a preseason episode featuring performances from throughout the year?

LOVE this idea!!!!  Pretty please, @ShellyB??

Love this idea too!! An episode or two to show us how the season actually went for the girls we just watched make the team. Performances, games, calendar shoots, and over all info about the team, vets and rookies alike (including injuries, roster changes, All-Stars filllng in, etc).

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

How old was Brooke when she made DCC?  Meagan Sharp?  Sara C?  Dara?  Abigail?  Kelsi?  Sydney?  Melissa K?

There will always be examples of "girls gone bad" in any situation, but I think the DCC has an alumni to be proud of. 

Well Those names are going way back. Based on the amount of DCC applicants and vets..that number isn't real impressive. The NFL is composed of many different divisions.. AFC WEST, NORTH, etc. Hundreds of young ladies  perform in NFL stadiums. Every game, every year. Every team elects a team mate to represent prowbowl each year. That number alone outweighs each name you throw out as a DCC vet of some importance. So every probowl cheerleader from all the NFL teams more than quadruples the names you threw out as awesome DCC vets. Full disclosure...there are amazing vets from ALL NFL teams. The list far out weighs that slender list you offered up. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Terri said:

Well Those names are going way back. Based on the amount of DCC applicants and vets..that number isn't real impressive. The NFL is composed of many different divisions.. AFC WEST, NORTH, etc. Hundreds of young ladies  perform in NFL stadiums. Every game, every year. Every team elects a team mate to represent prowbowl each year. That number alone outweighs each name you throw out as a DCC vet of some importance. So every probowl cheerleader from all the NFL teams more than quadruples the names you threw out as awesome DCC vets. Full disclosure...there are amazing vets from ALL NFL teams. The list far out weighs that slender list you offered up. 

This is the DCC forum.........

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, Terri said:

Don't really think you got her point BUT in reference to your point of PBC being better than some dcc that's not true seeing as Ashley who auditioned after being the Chiefs pro bowl cheerleader didn't make it, and from the videos I've watched of Pro Bowl most other teams girls are a hot mess. PBC is more than just the best dancer. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Don't really think you got her point BUT in reference to your point of PBC being better than some dcc that's not true seeing as Ashley who auditioned after being the Chiefs pro bowl cheerleader didn't make it, and from the videos I've watched of Pro Bowl most other teams girls are a hot mess. PBC is more than just the best dancer. 

Oh Ashley Paige... Yes she bounced from Kc Chiefs to DCC and begged her way back to Chiefs again. Then DCC. again. She ended her NFL tour back in KC where the chiefs ended her dream after one night, after she showed up in  her PRO BOWL WARMUPS to auditions . DCC Let her to go til the last night of tcc before they ended what they knew would be a "no". Chiefs don't  have  a reality show so they didn't waste her time.  If you wonder whether NFL directors communicate...YES, they most certainly do. 

Edited by Terri
  • Love 5
On 10/26/2017 at 0:06 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Who I HOPE retire because I just don’t like them: Christina, Jenna, Jessika, Savannah, Selina, Simone, Yuko. 

I hope Amy L and Cersten stay, but it’s likely they’ll move on for marriage and school. It would just really break my heart. They deserve more shine! 

I think the standard 10-12 ish girls won’t be back because of retiring or being cut. 

yes. there is always a 2 or 3 year returning vet hopeful that gets out-danced by new talent and/or has weight issues. that makes the 10-12 spots reasonable.

I know there is great talent all over the world, but  I do wonder if K&J want to fool with getting a VISA for someone-which each passing year, paperwork takes longer and more troublesome to process.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 10/26/2017 at 10:12 PM, sleepyjean said:

From what I recall, Jacie didn't show up with natural hair until after she retired. I don't know what the deal is with Sasha, but if that's her natural hair, good for her. We've yet to see a girl with naturally kinky hair on this team. Not since the 70s anyway.

unless it is very long and/or a little thinner texture AA natural hair is not going to allow the "hair-ography" that K&J like. Also have 3-4 of dancing/sweating the hair will get poofy.

1 minute ago, sATL said:

unless it is very long and/or a little thinner texture AA natural hair is not going to allow the "hair-ography" that K&J like. Also have 3-4 of dancing/sweating the hair will get poofy.

But locs would work for that.  K&J put me on the team!  

• Love 5
On 10/26/2017 at 11:54 PM, Holly85 said:

On 10/27/2017 at 0:40 AM, HowdeeDo said:

deleting comment .

Edited by sATL
felt as I was getting picked on. point didn't come across well.
4 minutes ago, sATL said:

putting a different spin on this... I'm struggling with the idea she quit b/c of "family illness". I guess I don't like that was given as the reason. Find a better choice of words.

when Alexandria made the decision to try out for DCC, she had to know that there could be family news (good or bad) that she would not be able to attend to, as quick as if she still lived in MA. That is life.  I am not saying one shouldn't drop "everything" for a family member and not see about them, but if *heaven forbid* someone passes (or is in the state of passing  - ie hospice care), quitting DCC isn't going to change someone's health/prognosis.  Yes, get on the next flight, but to 100% quit doesn't make sense.

I guess I wouldn't want my family to change their plans that drastically. To be real - I don't think my family would quit their job/school/activities. :)

Same is true if someone receives a bad/questionable health report (ie cancer diagnosis) . Quitting a job & moving back home isn't going to help the situation - presuming they were 100% in perfect health when training camp started.

Twist this lets say the "family's illness" was good news - like a pregnancy. So you quit your job, move back home and do what now - sit, watch and wait for baby to come?

I guess what it comes down to is that everyone handles tragedy and crisis differently. No two people are the same and you can only learn by experience. I'm sure she thought long and hard about her decision considering what it took to make the team in the first place. I don't know if I would enter a job position and think about family crisis as being a top deciding factor in whether or not I would attempt to accomplish a dream. Also I don't think a pregnancy would necessarily be a 'family illness'...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

putting a different spin on this... I'm struggling with the idea she quit b/c of "family illness". I guess I don't like Alexandra stated that was reason for her quick departure. She could have found a better choice of words.

when Alexandria made the decision to try out for DCC, she had to know that there could be family news (good or bad) that she would not be able to attend to, as quick as if she still lived in MA. That is life.  I am not saying one shouldn't drop "everything" for a family member and not see about them, but if *heaven forbid* someone passes (or is in the state of passing  - ie hospice care), quitting DCC isn't going to change someone's health/prognosis.  Yes, get on the next flight, but to 100% quit doesn't make sense.

I guess I wouldn't want my family to change their plans that drastically. To be real - I don't think my family would quit their job/school/activities. :) My family and extended family live several states apart and yes, we have had our share of deaths and tragic health news. I just don't think anyone's has quit their jobs or alter their current plans.

Same is true if someone receives a bad/questionable health report (ie cancer diagnosis) . Quitting a job & moving back home isn't going to help the situation - presuming they were 100% in perfect health when training camp started.

Twist this lets say the "family's illness"or condition was good news - like a pregnancy. So you quit your job, move back home and do what now - sit, watch and wait for baby to come?

I see nothing wrong with her decision to leave the team because of a family emergency. Being a DCC is not the best job out there, and is not the be all, end all of the universe. I applaud her for putting family first instead of putting on an uniform and shaking her cash and prizes for men at a football game or making an appearance at a local Albertsons or Pizza Hut. I put things on hold when my husband was diagnosed with his illness, and I was willing to live with my injured left kidney, so he could have a new chance of a healthier and better life with my right kidney. I was not able to donate my kidney, but I am glad I went in and got tested since I came close to being a good donor candidate. Having supportive family members and friends near by when a family emergency happens can help everyone affected. Plus the fact being right there can give Alexandria the piece of mind she needs instead of being a nervous wreck in Dallas.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I see nothing wrong with her decision to leave the team because of a family emergency. Being a DCC is not the best job out there, and is not the be all, end all of the universe. I applaud her for putting family first instead of putting on an uniform and shaking her cash and prizes for men at a football game or making an appearance at a local Albertsons or Pizza Hut.

Me either. It's just cheerleading! If, say, she has a family member who is dying, why the hell would she rather be shaking her ass in Texas than be at the bedside of someone she loves, getting as much time with them as possible. Or if it's cancer, it would make sense for her to want to be there to support that person rather than prancing around in booty shorts. 

Most of us seem to agree she was going to be a one and done, since she had serious roots in New England, not Texas, so I don't see why she shouldn't be with her family in a time of crisis for a job she's only going to be in for a year anyway. 

Is it sad that another girl didn't get her spot? actually, not really, it's not like she planned this to spite on of the others out of a position, and I'm actually kind of surprise the team doesn't have a couple girls on backup in case of injuries or girls quitting. 

I hope that, whatever it is that made her go, she knows she made the right decision. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Terri said:

To be fair, when I went to college my dad paid my rent so that I could focus on my schoolwork and you're damn right I made appropriate and mature decisions. Maybe because I was 18 going on 45 and always very academic and quiet, but just because my parents were paying my bills didn't mean I went off the rails and was a brat running around drinking and screwing around and breaking the law. 

14 hours ago, Lady GenX said:

I admit I've never even heard of an unwritten warning, so you might be right, but Kelli certainly seemed to expect Kaitlin to produce a piece of paper.  Kaitlin said "He gave me a warning," and Kelli responded with "Do you have it with you?"

But then again I live in a Chicago suburb and can't imagine any police officer that would follow someone to their home and not write it up.

yup verbal warning are 100% a thing and are used in Texas.  So that's entirely possible.  BUT like you I can't imagine a cop following me all the way home to give me one.  Why wasn't she pulled over? if he followed her that far, thats suggestive of bigger trouble than a discretionary verbal warning.  then again flirting and clevage have been known to work wonders. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

To be fair, when I went to college my dad paid my rent so that I could focus on my schoolwork and you're damn right I made appropriate and mature decisions. Maybe because I was 18 going on 45 and always very academic and quiet, but just because my parents were paying my bills didn't mean I went off the rails and was a brat running around drinking and screwing around and breaking the law. 

Well stated. DH and I did the same for our daughter when she was in college.

• Love 3

I noticed Jenna doesn't have DCC on her bio info on Instagram. Now it's one of those Glory to God,family >everything . She has always been all DCC all the time and today posted a pic with the hashtag "going back to Cali" could be just visiting but I'm guessing she knows she is not going to be coming back and is preparing to move on. I wonder if she will continue cheering for a California team 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Just when you think all the weeping and 'I've tried for five years' nonsense was over, Christina will be on the podcast. prepare for more waterworks

God I hate her.  Someone should ask if she realizes how lucky she was to make it.  Had it not been for the departure of Holly and Erica, she'd have been cut no doubt.  Personally, I think she should have been cut anyway.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

God I hate her.  Someone should ask if she realizes how lucky she was to make it.  Had it not been for the departure of Holly and Erica, she'd have been cut no doubt.  Personally, I think she should have been cut anyway.

I just hate the mentality that because you've tried for something for a few years that you somehow deserve it. that you should make the team or get the job or whatever just because you've tried out a certain number of times.  that's not how life works. and she acts like she spent every day for fiive years trying out.  she's just so mawkish and I can't stand it. every time the camera was on her, it was 'i've tried for five  years' blah blah. WE GET IT.   personally it just made her look kinda pathetic and desperate.  I know she was probably prompted to keep saying it, because she was this years 'reject made good' story but yeesh enough already

• Love 13
On 10/27/2017 at 8:12 PM, rungirl said:

Jacie's hair was flat ironed or chemically straightened during her entire tenure as a DCC.  Jackie, as in Jackie Bob, wore extensions.  Maybe Jacie autocorrected to Jackie while typing but they both took different approaches to their hair care :-).

No, I meant Jacie. They all wore either extensions or a full weave. 

On 10/27/2017 at 8:27 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Jacie says on one of the videos on the DCC site she had a weave after her rookie year.

She's just can't pop herself out of that DCC bubble. 

Right. You can tell it was a weave anyway.

3 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Having lost my sister last year after an illness, I have to say I see things a lot differently. My sister and I were extremely close, always together. I have no regrets for how we spent our lives before she passed away. She had her 2nd heart transplant last year...it was performed 4 hours from our hometown. The day she got the call to come for the surgery, I got in the car and went too. I didn't call my boss until I was nearly halfway there. They could have fired me on the spot and I wouldn't have cared. I was out of work for 3 weeks while my sister recovered. Again, my job was the least of my concerns. Being by my sisters bedside trumped anything. Two months later, she was re admitted to the same hospital, and once again I dropped everything to be with her. She slipped into a coma and never regained consciousness. I will never question those last few days or the weeks prior. I will never have regret that I wasn't with her as much as I could humanly be. I spent every moment with her that I could. Had we known sooner that she would only have months or weeks to live, I would have reacted the same and spent as much time as humanly possible with her and taking care of her. New jobs can be found. You can never get back time with a loved one. I empathize greatly with Alexandria. To have achieved a dream, only to face the unthinkable has to be terrible. I understand her decision because I've been there. My prayers are with her. 

Beautifully written Sugarplum , my heart goes out to you for your loss. 

Fingers crossed for Alexandria for a positive outcome for whatever is happening in her personal life?.

• Love 8
On 10/28/2017 at 3:19 PM, Runnergrl37 said:

Do tell.  Is she bitchy? 

I heard she was a lazy ass group leader with a bad attitude who dumped all of her responsibilities on Kashara. Major diva behavior.  My impression is that drinking the beer was just the final nail. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Terri said:

This just isn’t true. My parents saved and made sacrifices so I didn’t have to work my way through college. I was admitted into a top tier university and kicked ass, because I was able to focus 100% on my studies. I made plenty of mature decisions, and knew there would be consequences if I screwed up. 

And honestly, who cares about what Holly’s parents did for her- whatever consequences she faces in life are her problems. You sound kind of bitter. 

• Love 20

I would be bummed if Lacey does not come back next year. She is underrated I think. I hope Kashara comes back as well. She would be gracious if point was not hers each time, or to share the limelight with Lacey. { I think }

I hope Stephanie comes back too, she brings the hotness so to speak.

Love the ideas of having pre-season dance training shown next year. I would love to have two shows a year, making the team, and the work through the season, pre-season.

Shelby could be on the show!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I heard she was a lazy ass group leader with a bad attitude who dumped all of her responsibilities on Kashara. Major diva behavior.  My impression is that drinking the beer was just the final nail. 

Interesting...well, if this is the case I am glad that Kashara has now been given the chance to shine for all her hard work. That girl really comes across as so relatable and sincere. When she was tearing up over what her parents had done to keep her in Texas, and what being Point meant to her...I'm not sure about you guys but I believed every word. The team really needs someone leading by example with a genuine appreciation for what it means to a) not only make the team but, b) to be a true leader and team player within it. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, sATL said:

putting a different spin on this... I'm struggling with the idea she quit b/c of "family illness". I guess I don't like Alexandra stated that was reason for her quick departure. She could have found a better choice of words.

I guess I wouldn't want my family to change their plans that drastically. To be real - I don't think my family would quit their job/school/activities. :) My family and extended family live several states apart and yes, we have had our share of deaths and tragic health news. I just don't think anyone's has quit their jobs or alter their current plans.

Twist this lets say the "family's illness"or condition was good news - like a pregnancy. So you quit your job, move back home and do what now - sit, watch and wait for baby to come?

Well I'll say I disagree with some of this.  My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and I quit my job within a month and moved in with her( granted we only lived a few miles a part)  she passed away less than 4 months later. I had a very good, almost once in a life time type nursing job I left to take care of her. I don't regret that one bit. 

• Love 11

let agree to disagree regarding my earlier comment. I removed it. Like someone said everyone handles a family health news different.  I guess my family who yes, has had its share of tragedies (and we are going through one right now as someone was just admitted to hospice care) are just not in a position to quit jobs/schooling/activities - perhaps b/c my family is so deep and wide and many other reasons ( ie financially). That is great that the majority is able to do so.

So to let's change the subject to a positive and happier note - Judy mention that people tour the locker rooms at the stadium ? Has anyone seen the locker rooms? Has anyone toured the Star ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

This just isn’t true. My parents saved and made sacrifices so I didn’t have to work my way through college. I was admitted into a top tier university and kicked ass, because I was able to focus 100% on my studies. I made plenty of mature decisions, and knew there would be consequences if I screwed up. 

And honestly, who cares about what Holly’s parents did for her- whatever consequences she faces in life are her problems. You sound kind of bitter. 

Well no reason for me to be bitter my experiences with the NFL have been nothing but positive. I do however know for a fact that the young ladies whose parents coddle and raise them to believe they are above reproach normally don't have a long shelf life whether it be in the dance world or anywhere else. Saving for your child's education is hardly comparable to what I'm talking about. When you clearly disregard a legal contract, you have no respect for your bosses or organization. Agree to disagree but I def don't think we are talking about the same struggles.  I don't make a habit of commenting on topics that I form an opinion on based on a tv show so I am coming from a place of solid information and experience. I have watched young ladies struggle to work 40 hours a week while juggling an NFL cheerleader schedule and I will tell you with certainty that the ones whose parents financed them even into adulthood so they could do nothing but look good and beat their competitors DO NOT LAST LONG. The ladies that made their own way.. dont get real rattled at real life or hard work. It's what they've been doing all along. 

Edited by Terri
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Lunacat said:

Wow to the above, sounds juicy! Was Ashley Paige cut for good due to the bouncing back and forth between KC and DCC?

Yes Ashley was pro bowl for KC Chiefs. She left KC for "her job", and showed up at DCC auditions. She was the last training camp candidate to be cut. After the DCC let down, she returned to KC stating that she now had clarity and this was her home. She was shown the door basically. She then went back to DCC declaring that this was an unfinished dream. (Can't make this stuff up). DCC once again took her into training camp basically for drama. Kelly grilled he rover her "allegiances", Ashley cried and was eventually let go due to basically not being authentic. 

Edited by Terri
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, sATL said:

let agree to disagree regarding my earlier comment. I removed it. Like someone said everyone handles a family health news different.  I guess my family who yes, has had its share of tragedies (and we are going through one right now as someone was just admitted to hospice care) are just not in a position to quit jobs/schooling/activities - perhaps b/c my family is so deep and wide and many other reasons ( ie financially). That is great that the majority is able to do so.

So to let's change the subject to a positive and happier note - Judy mention that people tour the locker rooms at the stadium ? Has anyone seen the locker rooms? Has anyone toured the Star ?

I toured the stadium locker room a few years ago!!! It was really cool to see it in person :) 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Terri said:

Yes Ashley was pro bowl for KC Chiefs. She left KC for "her job", and showed up at DCC auditions. She was the last training camp candidate to be cut. After the DCC let down, she returned to KC stating that she now had clarity and this was her home. She was shown the door basically. She then went back to DCC declaring that this was an unfinished dream. (Can't make this stuff up). DCC once again took her into training camp basically for drama. Kelly grilled he rover her "allegiances", Ashley cried and was eventually let go due to basically not being authentic. 

She made it to finals but did not make it back to TC again.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Terri said:

Sorry, but no.  Ashley Paige was only in training camp once.  She did reaudition, but was cut at finals.  

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Sorry, but no.  Ashley Pro was only in training camp once.  She did reaudition, but was cut at finals.  

I think we’re talking about two different Ashley’s here. Ashley Paige? with dark hair was the Kansas  City girl, and blond Ashley Pro was the cut DCC. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

What are the responsibilities of the group leaders during training camp? Is there anything beyond teaching and practicing with the group? This also makes me wonder bc Erica was a second group leader the previous year. Was she lazy then too, or did she just use the injury as an excuse to not do anything?

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

Kashara is close to a JennK Level on teaching, running rehearsals, keeping things organized, etc. This is definitely why Judy loves her and Kelli trusts her. All that definitely played a part in her making show group and point. I think she’s a perfect ambassador and great performer, plus she’s stepped up when other girls went Diva. 

• Love 15
11 hours ago, sugarplum said:

Having lost my sister last year after an illness, I have to say I see things a lot differently. My sister and I were extremely close, always together. I have no regrets for how we spent our lives before she passed away. She had her 2nd heart transplant last year...it was performed 4 hours from our hometown. The day she got the call to come for the surgery, I got in the car and went too. I didn't call my boss until I was nearly halfway there. They could have fired me on the spot and I wouldn't have cared. I was out of work for 3 weeks while my sister recovered. Again, my job was the least of my concerns. Being by my sisters bedside trumped anything. Two months later, she was re admitted to the same hospital, and once again I dropped everything to be with her. She slipped into a coma and never regained consciousness. I will never question those last few days or the weeks prior. I will never have regret that I wasn't with her as much as I could humanly be. I spent every moment with her that I could. Had we known sooner that she would only have months or weeks to live, I would have reacted the same and spent as much time as humanly possible with her and taking care of her. New jobs can be found. You can never get back time with a loved one. I empathize greatly with Alexandria. To have achieved a dream, only to face the unthinkable has to be terrible. I understand her decision because I've been there. My prayers are with her. 

This really puts it all into perspective. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. ☹

• Love 4

Two things I noticed after re-watching the finale cracked me up and I wanted to see if anyone thought they were funny too. During the team photo they briefly showed the back of someone’s head and I guess they have thin hair bc they had clips holding her back hair forward to make it look fuller. So she had a big part right down the back of her head and another girl pointed it out to the camera. Man that got me, those beauty tricks!

So when the girls were walking off the field I think after the meet the team performance, there was a shot of about 4 hind ends close up at eye level. One girl had cheeks hanging out, wish I could think of a name for this body part where butt cheek meets leg and makes a crease...anyway and two girls’ shorts were hanging down loose. It just made me laugh bc those “custom” shorts are all over the place!

Full disclosure: I did have to pause my dvr at a precise moment to catch these lovely tidbits...it was a slow weekend, ha!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Terri said:

Full disclosure...there are amazing vets from ALL NFL teams.

Your full disclosure is not correct.  There are 32 teams in the National Football League.  Twenty-six teams have cheerleaders.  The six teams without cheerleaders are the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers (the Packers do employ a collegiate cheer team for home games), New York Giants, Chicago Bears, and Pittsburgh Steelers. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, TexasTater said:

So when the girls were walking off the field I think after the meet the team performance, there was a shot of about 4 hind ends close up at eye level. One girl had cheeks hanging out, wish I could think of a name for this body part where butt cheek meets leg and makes a crease...anyway and two girls’ shorts were hanging down loose. It just made me laugh bc those “custom” shorts are all over the place!

Full disclosure: I did have to pause my dvr at a precise moment to catch these lovely tidbits...it was a slow weekend, ha!

That would be GLUTEAL SULCUS for $500, Alex. (I got an A in A&P woot woot!) No thutts on this team.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Terri said:

Well no reason for me to be bitter my experiences with the NFL have been nothing but positive. I do however know for a fact that the young ladies whose parents coddle and raise them to believe they are above reproach normally don't have a long shelf life whether it be in the dance world or anywhere else. Saving for your child's education is hardly comparable to what I'm talking about. When you clearly disregard a legal contract, you have no respect for your bosses or organization. Agree to disagree but I def don't think we are talking about the same struggles.  I don't make a habit of commenting on topics that I form an opinion on based on a tv show so I am coming from a place of solid information and experience. I have watched young ladies struggle to work 40 hours a week while juggling an NFL cheerleader schedule and I will tell you with certainty that the ones whose parents financed them even into adulthood so they could do nothing but look good and beat their competitors DO NOT LAST LONG. The ladies that made their own way.. dont get real rattled at real life or hard work. It's what they've been doing all along. 

That’s fair..... your original post appeared to insinuate that anyone who received parental help couldn’t cut it in the real world. If you were talking about NFL cheerleaders specifically, then that’s my mistake. I personally can’t believe anyone’s parents would support their daughter well into their twenties to cheer in the NFL. My parents would laugh at me! 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, njcate said:

Beautifully written Sugarplum , my heart goes out to you for your loss. 

Fingers crossed for Alexandria for a positive outcome for whatever is happening in her personal life?.

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

This really puts it all into perspective. I am so very sorry for the loss of your sister. ☹

Thank you both. Hasn't been an easy year - she had a 5 year old daughter. We are making new memories with her, and constantly reminding her of all the memories she created with her mom.

• Love 10