Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Backed Into A Corner

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Wasn't there a preview last week of Erika going ballistic on someone?  It was something like "you don't know what I go through every night!"   Did I miss it?

That was a preview for the rest the season, not this episode.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Tonight was one of the most satisfying episodes of a Housewives show that I have ever watched!  

[snip]

Eileen and her dour-looking face - does this woman EVER fucking smile anymore?  And, I'm calling bullshit on her "Montezuma's Revenge".

Thumbs up to your whole post but I totally agree, best HW ep in a long time! (And it made last night's Vanderpump Rules absolutely pale in comparison. Sorry Stassi.)

And to the second... LOL (and pun intended?). To paraphrase a line from one of Andy's favorite WWHL guests... I couldn't help but wonder if she truly Poughkeepsie'd herself. I can't imagine drinking unfiltered water in such fancy environs, so perhaps she was smiling too much in the shower?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Yes, but I really liked the way Erica approached it.  She was gentle, didn't accuse, and she spoke to Rinna privately and not in front of all the other women.  I respect that Erica does seem, in this situation, to be sensitive to everyone's feelings, and is being very "Switzerland", but helpful to all.

Yes and No. Erika could have waited to tell Rinna after the party, not at/during the party but instead she chose to give Rinna a heads up and encourage her to talk to Kyle right there and then. She would have been on the war path had someone done that at a business client party Tom threw, after all, she knows how these things erupt. LOL She also pressed Rinna back at the house, you could see that she knew Rinna was lying and she had already gone on record with the others, and on camera to boot, saying that she did not believe that Rinna would ever say things like that. I wonder if we will see Erika backing off from Rinna now? LOL

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Thumbs up to your whole post but I totally agree, best HW ep in a long time! (And it made last night's Vanderpump Rules absolutely pale in comparison. Sorry Stassi.)

And to the second... LOL (and pun intended?). To paraphrase a line from one of Andy's favorite WWHL guests... I couldn't help but wonder if she truly Poughkeepsie'd herself. I can't imagine drinking unfiltered water in such fancy environs, so perhaps she was smiling too much in the shower?

I can't imagine Eileen smiling anywhere else except the shower , especially if she has the shower wand in massage mode.

• Love 7

Love love love Rinna turning herself into a victim..oh my god. Took her about 5 minutes to do that turn. 

I agree with that writer who said Rinna has a very dark place. I don't think she tries to cover it up with a fake personality. I think her good humored self is genuine, but I do think she has anger issues, holds grudges, and wants revenge..

LVP is enjoying it too much and I hope she lets go. But I know what it's like to have someone who has lied about you exposed as a liar.  So I can't judge harshly.

i do not get Eileen at all  I suppose she has fun sometimes, but she is one tightly controlled woman without much humor that I can see.

i like Erika  I'm not sure why she is wrapped up with Eileen and Rinna  will someone explain that?

• Love 8

Beverly Sassoon is as gorgeous as ever.  And...even she pushed away Eden's uncomfortably long hug.   She also gave her daughter good advice.  Shut up Eden.  You don't make judgements based on one other person.  The fact that Eden keeps saying that Kyle is cold or Kim is angry, maybe you have to look at yourself rather than these people.

LVP without all the makeup .... she looks ten years younger and refreshing.

I do think Eileen was sick.  Why she wore white?  Well, maybe that's the outfit she packed.  She also wasn't a part of the back conversations and that's where 'she' is coming from.

LR is similar to Ramona in that they both have diarrhea of the mouth.  They just say things in the moment.  And I don't think either one is all that calculated.  They're both The Apologist.  LR cried because she got 'caught'.

Kyle handled it all very well since she was probably steaming inside.

I don't LR's situation vindicated LVP.  LVP has too much 'history' to be considered all that innocent.

I did like that Erika did leave to make sure LR was OK at the venue and then back at the house.

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes and No. Erika could have waited to tell Rinna after the party, not at/during the party but instead she chose to give Rinna a heads up and encourage her to talk to Kyle right there and then. She would have been on the war path had someone done that at a business client party Tom threw, after all, she knows how these things erupt. LOL She also pressed Rinna back at the house, you could see that she knew Rinna was lying and she had already gone on record with the others, and on camera to boot, saying that she did not believe that Rinna would ever say things like that. I wonder if we will see Erika backing off from Rinna now? LOL

You have a point about Erika bringing all of it up at The Agency party and she probably shouldn't have done it there, but on that one, I'm giving her a pass because I think that was probably producer manipulation and Erika was just doing her "job".  

I still liked the way she handled all of it.  She didn't repeat what she heard to Rinna - she told Rinna to go and discuss it with Kyle herself, so she didn't perpetuate the telephone game.

She was aware that Rinna did say it, although she wasn't crazy about jumping on the Rinna hate train immediately.  She was "concerned" about Rinna (more production manipulation, imo), so she left the party early to check on Rinna, and her conversation was gently guiding Rinna to do the right thing.  

From my view, she played her cards well tonight and secured her place for next season.  No one can really dislike what she did tonight, or the way she did it.  YMMV, though.  

As I've said - I've never been a big fan of Erika, and my views about her may change again, as they often do with most of these women, but right now, she's coming out on top, to me.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

You have a point about Erika bringing all of it up at The Agency party and she probably shouldn't have done it there, but on that one, I'm giving her a pass, because I think that was probably producer manipulation, and Erika was just doing her "job".  

I still liked the way she handled all of it.  She didn't repeat what she heard to Rinna - she told Rinna to go and discuss it with Kyle herself, so she didn't perpetuate the telephone game.

She was aware that Rinna did say it, although she wasn't crazy about jumping on the Rinna hate train immediately.  She was "concerned" about Rinna (more production manipulation, imo), so she left the party early to check on Rinna, and her conversation was gently guiding Rinna to do the right thing.  

From my view, she played her cards well tonight and secured her place for next season.  No one can dislike what she did tonight, really.

Yes, she did do productions bidding well. LOL I had to laugh though when she was pressing Rinna to tell the truth, you could see that she knew Rinna was lying! LOL1

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Beverly Sassoon is as gorgeous as ever.  And...even she pushed away Eden's uncomfortably long hug.   She also gave her daughter good advice.  Shut up Eden.  You don't make judgements based on one other person.  The fact that Eden keeps saying that Kyle is cold or Kim is angry, maybe you have to look at yourself rather than these people.

LVP without all the makeup .... she looks ten years younger and refreshing.

I do think Eileen was sick.  Why she wore white?  Well, maybe that's the outfit she packed.  She also wasn't a part of the back conversations and that's where 'she' is coming from.

LR is similar to Ramona in that they both have diarrhea of the mouth.  They just say things in the moment.  And I don't think either one is all that calculated.  They're both The Apologist.  LR cried because she got 'caught'.

Kyle handled it all very well since she was probably steaming inside.

I don't LR's situation vindicated LVP.  LVP has too much 'history' to be considered all that innocent.

I did like that Erika did leave to make sure LR was OK at the venue and then back at the house.

Lisa plays the HW game and she does it well but she doesn't make others do things against their will like Rinna claimed last season. She, Rinna, is once again spewing things to someone then blaming them when she gets busted for her very own words. Rinna feels that she can say/do as she pleases but refuses to face the music when the time comes to pay the piper, this is her MO IMO. LOL

2 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Do the producers keep the recorded footage away from the housewives? Why can't Lisar ask, "Hey, Heather, did I say Kim was near death?"  

They do not get to see any footage until about a week before we do! There is no instant replay in the HW game. LOL

• Love 13
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I need someone to tweet Eileen that if we follow her logic, that Kim brought this on herself for interjecting herself into a conversation that didn't include her, the same could be said about the "affair" comment last season. Eileen interjected herself into a conversation that did not involve her then as well, so I guess she "asked for it"! LOL

• Love 19
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Even in face of the video evidence, she is trying to make this into some innocent conversation with Eden where Eden twisted her words and betrayed her. Wrong! LOL Rinna can twist this every which way, she still comes out smelling like the piece of shit she is! LOL

This is only thing that I have to say to and about Rinna

I know she won't get it.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, she did do productions bidding well. LOL I had to laugh though when she was pressing Rinna to tell the truth, you could see that she knew Rinna was lying! LOL1

The juxto of Erika trying to get Rinna to fess up reminded me so much of Kyle doing the same with LVP in Dubai on that dinner cruise! Herstory repeats itself! ;-)

• Love 5

So Rinna is obviously lying about not remembering.  However, Rinna and Kim have an openly adversarial relationship, with a very thin veneer of pleasantness.  Does anyone think Rinna has any loyalty to Kim?  Does anyone think Rinna likes Kim?  Or that Kim likes Rinna?  Why would anyone be surprised that she would talk shit about Kim?  

Also, Kim has been an addict for 30 years.  If Rinna doesn't think she is sober (I don't either) then saying "Kim is close to death" is not completely hyperbolic. 

Finally, calling Kyle "co-dependent" I think is presumably the wrong use of that terminology, but I can see why someone would say the way Kyle acts so bluffly sure that Kim has done a complete 180 in the past 18 months and is completely healthy in every way is maybe Kyle being willfully blind, unrealistic and minimizing.

In short, everybody talks about everybody and people who don't like each other talk shit about each other.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I need someone to tweet Eileen that if we follow her logic, that Kim brought this on herself for interjecting herself into a conversation that didn't include her, the same could be said about the "affair" comment last season. Eileen interjected herself into a conversation that did not involve her then as well, so I guess she "asked for it"! LOL

Unfortunately Eileen's doing herself a disservice by jumping to the conclusion LVP's just trying to bring Rinna down! It's one thing to take a friend's side, but when someone's busted, the commiserating needs to stop and reality should be faced! Rinna deluding herself making this out like she's a victim in some way! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Jamie Satyr said:

The juxto of Erika trying to get Rinna to fess up reminded me so much of Kyle doing the same with LVP in Dubai on that dinner cruise! Herstory repeats itself! ;-)

Except that Lisa denied saying what Rinna claimed, she never waivered from it, never changed her story/side. Rinna on the other hand, denied it, then said maybe she said it but she didn't mean anything bad by saying it and then went right back to saying she "didn't remember". LOL

• Love 21
12 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa plays the HW game and she does it well but she doesn't make others do things against their will like Rinna claimed last season. She, Rinna, is once again spewing things to someone then blaming them when she gets busted for her very own words. Rinna feels that she can say/do as she pleases but refuses to face the music when the time comes to pay the piper, this is her MO IMO. LOL

They do not get to see any footage until about a week before we do! There is no instant replay in the HW game. LOL

I don't remember LR saying that LVP made her do something 'against her will'.  I remember her saying that she encouraged LR to say something about Yo's phoniness about her disease because she, Kyle and LR had discussions about it.   The same goes for the magazines with Brandi.  And then we have LVP bringing up Mauricio's 'affair'. LVP is no innocent. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, ninjago said:

So Rinna is obviously lying about not remembering.  However, Rinna and Kim have an openly adversarial relationship, with a very thin veneer of pleasantness.  Does anyone think Rinna has any loyalty to Kim?  Does anyone think Rinna likes Kim?  Or that Kim likes Rinna?  Why would anyone be surprised that she would talk shit about Kim?  

Also, Kim has been an addict for 30 years.  If Rinna doesn't think she is sober (I don't either) then saying "Kim is close to death" is not completely hyperbolic. 

Finally, calling Kyle "co-dependent" I think is presumably the wrong use of that terminology, but I can see why someone would say the way Kyle acts so bluffly sure that Kim has done a complete 180 in the past 18 months and is completely healthy in every way is maybe Kyle being willfully blind, unrealistic and minimizing.

In short, everybody talks about everybody and people who don't like each other talk shit about each other.

For me, because Kyle asked Rinna to stop talking about Kim last season and Rinna promised her to do makes this differently. Rinna has had no contact with Kim since the reunion filmed last season, so she has no personal knowledge about how Kim is doing but she spoke to Eden in present terms, not past (no matter how much she tries that excuse). Rinna spoke to someone that does not know Kim or Kyle at all and then tried to blame her for it.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Oh, Kellyan--- I mean -- Lisa R. The women (not girls) weren't lying in wait for you. You went to Kyle and asked her.  Now maybe Erika shouldn't have told you to talk to Kyle at a part, and maybe Kyle should have asked to talk the next day, but there's a show to put on and the show loves lots of screaming at parties. Kyle was actually very calm considering everything.  

And I believe you did say 'path to destruction' exactly. And your reality is not the reality we see when we see the words coming out of your mouth. 

And, to finish, Eden's mother is gorgeous.  I'm glad she is sober.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't remember LR saying that LVP made her do something 'against her will'.  I remember her saying that she encouraged LR to say something about Yo's phoniness about her disease because she, Kyle and LR had discussions about it.   The same goes for the magazines with Brandi.  And then we have LVP bringing up Mauricio's 'affair'. LVP is no innocent. 

According to Rinna, she would "never" have brought up Munchausen if it weren't for Lisa. That is placing all blame on Lisa and not on herself IMO.

As for the tabloids, both Carlton and Yolanda denied that happened and they were there.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, BlackMamba said:

Lisa R doing the painkiller dance had me screeching.   It reminded me of Danielle Staub on Jersey ?

Rinna has no muscle tone; just skin and bones! While sitting on the deck of the boat, her arse laid as flat as a tire with the air released! ;-)

• Love 6

While I agree there are definitely codependency issues, I don't think Kyle is in denial about Kim.  I think she's seen Kim in action enough that she knows Kim will likely relapse.  I think she doesn't want to talk about it or get into it because of the fine line she has to walk with Kathy and the rest of the family.  

Can we have Eden's mom on instead?  As much as Lisa is a lying liar, Eden just strikes me as a fakey faker.  She may have had some issues, but I see a lot of her "sober woman" bit (I feel like this should be a catalog with flowy caftans-Sober Woman Living) to be a cry for attention.  Annnnd the partially frozen face creeps me out.

• Love 10
58 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

You have a point about Erika bringing all of it up at The Agency party and she probably shouldn't have done it there, but on that one, I'm giving her a pass because I think that was probably producer manipulation and Erika was just doing her "job".  

Erika did say on WWHL she liked Kyle the most because she's been around Hollywood around awhile.   I took that as Kyle might know a lot of celebs and well known people in the industry so she's trying latch onto her.   Erika did (even though this might been a comcast/Bravo) picked her to go to the Grammys and so the E postshow review. 

• Love 1

regarding eden:  there is nothing like a reformed smoker!  god help a smoker when a reformed is around, has she ever smiled on this show

kyle:  looks the best ever

rinna:  what does hh see in her.......wish she woulde go away

erica:  tries to be so cool.....i did like her this episode  but i'm afraid she's going to melt.  she should be very, very careful in the studio with the hot lights (i'm thinking of the bird that flew too close to the sun)

beverly:  she looks as plastic as eden 

eileen:  go away.. ..i don't like kim but it's not right to blame the victum

• Love 5

I wonder what would happen if Lisa actually did own her comment, and say yes, Kyle, I did say those things and I'm actually very worried about your sister.   Making her comments come from a place of concern rather than faking amnesia which obviously looks a million times worse considering it's taped.  For her to have said those comments to Eden means she believes them; why didn't she just admit it?   She may have temporarily put off the wrath that's coming to her until the reunion, but I wonder if she'd do it differently looking back on it now.  

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I'm sure Erika's party dress was designer, but I wasn't a fan of the boob bulls eyes.

It kind of reminded me of the costumes from the original Tron, coupled with 3-CPO, with a dash of Versace.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, Teddybear said:

I wonder what would happen if Lisa actually did own her comment, and say yes, Kyle, I did say those things and I'm actually very worried about your sister.   Making her comments come from a place of concern rather than faking amnesia which obviously looks a million times worse considering it's taped.

I don't think for one second that Lisa Rinna was being concerned for Kim.  Lisa Rinna hates Kim's guts for what she tried to insinuate about Harry and will never let it go.  If you ask me, she said what she did out of meanness and revenge and nothing more.  I just think she wasn't aware that Eden would take the information and run with it and make it her storyline.  It pretty much came back and bit Rinna in her non existent ass!

• Love 15

I can't. I did the drama with what Brandi said about Adrienne. I did the m word. I did Dorit earlier this season with Eileen. I can't get all worked up about Rinna and Kim and words. We've said no worse here, and Kim isn't even full time. New plot would be nice. 

Last week Kyle, this week Erika with a random comment about how this is real Mexico. It's an isolated resort, not real anything for most people. Hell, the appeal is that it's unreal. 

I'm kind of over this, I think. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, swankie said:

I don't think for one second that Lisa Rinna was being concerned for Kim.  Lisa Rinna hates Kim's guts for what she tried to insinuate about Harry and will never let it go.  If you ask me, she said what she did out of meanness and revenge and nothing more.  I just think she wasn't aware that Eden would take the information and run with it and make it her storyline.  It pretty much came back and bit Rinna in her non existent ass!

I think she was aware, LisaR saw that Eden was trying to engage Kyle regarding Kim at various times(most noticeably at Lisa's own BBQ), and should have tried to shut Eden down. Or at the very least, pull Eden and maybe suggest to her she should discuss it with Kyle one on one, as opposed to doing it in front of the group. And wasn't Eden already asking Kyle some very personal questions about Kim and their family history before LisaR made the death/enabler comments? LisaR knew what she was doing, she just played it very, very badly.

I really don't want to see Kim or hear about her anymore on this show, but sadly, looks like she will be back. Please, Kyle, Mauricio is making tons of money now, you have your store expansion and your upcoming TV show...you guys can afford to pay her to not come back to this show just so she can cash a paycheck.

Edited by brinpol
  • Love 5
On 2/14/2017 at 8:43 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe because she got to know Lisar and came to like her. Maybe because she doesn't hold a grudge and gets that sometimes a first impression turns out to be wrong once you get to know someone. 

It's more about Lisar never meeting a bandwagon she can resist being on and a HUGE case of FOMO. Eden, being case in point. Lisar is so recruitable and such a gull for any kind of new age nonsense. The number of times I heard that kind of crap pour from her mouth tonight...'I won't allow it' (I can hear a therapist telling her 'you ALLOWED that to happen'), for example. So Lisar meets Eden and immediately backs the wrong horse, spilling about how she really feels about Kyle and Kim. I don't think she was being in any way caring. She was being vicious and nasty. She does seem to have some insight into her 'people pleasing' behavior, and she should be well aware, by this stage of her life, when she's put her foot in her mouth yet again. There would be that sinking ball of dread in the empty stomach coming home from the meeting. And the second she felt that, this is what should have happened:

Dial Eden: Hi Eden, it was lovely to meet you and we really connected. Something about me you need to know, though. I can get carried away in the rosy glow of a potential new friendship. I had no right to make those comments about Kim and Kyle and I'd appreciate it if we could expunge them and go forward as if I never said anything.  I'm going to call Kyle and apologise, before this bites me on the ass (like it has done a million times before). THANKS EDEN!! MWAH!!! Hangs up. 

Dial Kyle: HI Kyle, I've made a terrible mistake. I know I told you that for the sake of continuing our friendship that I'd stop attacking Kim? Well, I met this new girl and I instantly had to share the nastiest thing that I could think of. Yeah, I'm sorry, I went for Kim again. I even said I thought she was close to death and that you were enabling her. I had too many xanax this morning, and I fight so hard to be relevant. I am just a big ole sockpuppet with an inflated labia face sometimes and you don't deserve to be the target of my douchery. I should have gone after Gigi or Pandora. Anyway, heads up. This new girl is a real flake and I'm sorry I sicced her on you. But you know me. I'm Lisa Rinna and I always OWN IT.

• Love 18