Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Not Everything's About Annelise

2 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

while all these other murdering cats: Wes, Asher, Bonnie are running free.

Well, Wes isn't exactly running free, unless it turns out that wasn't his body in the fire. It used to be my go to theory, if someone was burnt beyond recognition. But with DNA it's harder to make work.

• Love 4

Annalise needs to hire Michaela to represent her. That's all I got for now.

That Mussolini got shit done line from Michaela, died laughing.

Did Bonnie kill Wes? It can't be, it just can't. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 22

Great episode tonight...I was half expecting Annalise to say that she was attacked in prison and ask for bail based on her treatment...I'm thinking Bonnie killed Wes...as that would be a twist...

I really loved the weird Golden Girls moment...and the fact they watched it in silence...as when you're in a hospital and watch something for comfort, you're almost too numb to react with laughter but it means something just to have it on...

..and it's amazing Nate actually has a part to play in all this...and Michela is SO the next Annaliese....

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Re Oliver, on the one hand, I felt bad for him now that he knows what the K4 have been up to. OTOH, he did want to be in with the inner circle. Textbook case of be careful what you wish for.

Oliver remains high on my list of suspects.  I think more likely for the fire than the murder, I do believe that the person who murdered Wes is someone other than the person who set the house on fire.  He wanted so badly to be in, and let's be real, he's done stuff on his own to gain favor with Annalise to get in from the periphery (I'm not convinced he knew there were people in there, he thought he was just destroying evidence).  Or, we don't know his whole story and he did both. 

I always try to remind myself that even the showrunner likely doesn't know who did it at this point.  He may have a notion, but he's setting lots of red herrings.  So, I'm worried Oliver is too obvious and that I need to think what makes the better story (Oliver at least getting his wish by burning down the house and being sucked in beyond what he could have ever imagined seems to be a piece I think we are going to see at a minimum).

Anyway, regarding Annalise chopping off her sew-in,  I feel like that was gathering (planting?) evidence from the assistant DA or maybe Bonnie or something else, whether for legit or nefarious purposes.  It stuck out to me she cut off the hair immediately after that meeting.  I'm convinced that discarded weave is going to come back in play in the future.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, ShellsandCheese said:

I don't know. This storyline is rubbing me the wrong way. I'm still trying to figure out how Annalise, who has never killed anyone is in jail while all these other murdering cats: Wes, Asher, Bonnie are running free. 

Me too. The only thing the DA got right is that Annalise is a manipulator who surrounds herself with damaged people who are desperate to please her. I wish the DA was operating on that theory because everyone around Annalise has killed people. Wes killed Sam. Sam conspired with Frank to kill Lila. Frank killed Lila and Mahoney. Asher killed Sinclair. Bonnie killed Rebecca. I would have much rather have seen a season where the DA is slowing picking off members of the Keating 5. Annalise keeps asking them to trust her and more of them end up in jail. Annalise keeps trying her manipulation and plate spinning all for naught. It ultimately ends up with everyone separately agreeing to narc on each other and Annalise.

Annalise is so toxic and manipulative she's implicated in murders that have nothing to do with them. By all appearances, Frank killed the elder Mahoney because the Mahoney's involvement in Annalise's car accident. But Annalise's lousy instincts had Wes lying to the police because...something. I don't think Annalise did anything illegal in the earlier Mahoney case, but she's desperate to cover up that she found Wes' mom?!?!

The DA has evidence pointing to Annalise that points just as much to any of the others. Additionally, wasn't Nate Annalise's alibi for Sam's murder? This plotting is so incompetent.

Michaela was on fire tonight.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ShellsandCheese said:

I don't know. This storyline is rubbing me the wrong way. I'm still trying to figure out how Annalise, who has never killed anyone is in jail while all these other murdering cats: Wes, Asher, Bonnie are running free. 

I agree.  I love this show and feel like I am more forgiving of the many twists and turns than most, but this is getting *really* convoluted.

I need to rewatch and think on this a bit more.  I more convinced than ever that someone has been gunning for AK and pulling strings within the DA/PD for some time. That file Oliver pulled up pretty much proved that. Maybe Hannah, maybe Sam's first wife, maybe and unknown source, who knows?  I recall in the first half of the season Bonnie being a little suspect. Seeing her obviously colluding with Frank rekindled that suspicion.  T what end I'm not sure. After all she was the one who killed Rebecca in the attempt to "protect' Annalise. 

Speaking of Oliver, what a prime example of be careful what you wish for. What a twisted co-dependant relationship he and Connor now have. Also? Where's the thumb drive and what was on it?

Michaela was truly channeling Annalise this week. It was awesome to watch, mostly because I think Aja is a brilliant actress, but is her becoming AK 2.0 really a good thing? I mean, it's not working out that well for the original. Watching her work Oliver was down right scary.

After all of this I am still not sure if Wes was truly going to rat on AK or if he was buying time to go back and tell her they were after her. I guess it depends on who was in the house. I doubt it was Frank. 

I don't trust Nate one bit.

The prison set up is odd. Is it local lock up, minimum security or what? Everything they say they have against AK feels pretty circumstantial. We keep getting all this talk about an ME's report with not fire commissioner report confirming the arson. Last week one prisoner has toe nail clippers, this week another is pulling razor blades out of her hair. Wouldn't nail clipper be just as contraband and dangerous as a razor? 

As for the weave scene, I think AK kept her weave when she thought she was getting out soon. Now that she's been charged as co-conspirator and Bonnie told her the full weight of what they have on her, I think she realizes she's not going anywhere soon. Removing that weave, like in the first season's wig removal is AK getting real.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 5

I loved Michela this episode!

Annalise in jail seems like Emmy bait.

I love Frank, but this isn't working out like he wanted it to. Instead of taking full wrap, it's only part wrap. So now there' 2 of them they need to get out and he needs a real lawyer now too. 

I loved the running away conversation.Conner picking Russia, gay people, black people, then Asher pointing out he didn't  want to pay the $100 so his passport is expired. LOL That entire extradition conversation was hilarious. 

Oliver was so wanting to be the insider, wanted to be invited to the cool kids table. So badly he wanted in on Team Annalise, now he's got some of the information and he's curling up in a bawl needing Conner to lay with him? Oliver needs to go back to his old job.

• Love 8

Bet Oliver is wishing he hadn't ever deleted that Stanford letter.  

I'm beginning to think Bonnie did it. Otherwise, why not try to figure out WHO the actual arsonist/killer is?  We know it's not Frank, and I'm 99% sure it's not AK, so the real killer is out there. Why isn't Bonnie looking for him/her unless she's afraid that it'll all lead back to her. 

I don't know. While this show has always been dark, it's always had a light side. This half season has no light right now. I need AK out of jail kicking butt and taking names. That's when this show is at its best. (Even if she's a terrible person.)

• Love 4

Michaela rightly assumed that Oliver would comply because going to the police means turning in Connor. 

On another note, Wes left Frank's car saying he was going back to the police station. The question is what happened to make him go to AK's instead?

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I'm beginning to think Bonnie did it. Otherwise, why not try to figure out WHO the actual arsonist/killer is?  We know it's not Frank, and I'm 99% sure it's not AK, so the real killer is out there. Why isn't Bonnie looking for him/her unless she's afraid that it'll all lead back to her. 

I don't know. While this show has always been dark, it's always had a light side. This half season has no light right now. I need AK out of jail kicking butt and taking names. That's when this show is at its best. (Even if she's a terrible person.)

Much as one might love Bonnie, she has never been portrayed as particularly good at running point, rather than just bullying the K4/K5 or executing Annalise's orders. And indeed, with regard to the latter, Anni usually yells at her a lot. Even in this episode Anni was bitching and moaning about Bonnie's performance, and Bonnie was very apologetic about having failed her instead of how any non-doormat person would have been. "First of all, bitch, I know enough to put you away for like six lifetimes. Might not want to piss me off. Second, at present, I'm your only hope of ever getting out of here. So unless you want to use your brilliant mind to come up with some ideas, have a nice steaming mug of hot shut-the-frak-up juice and take several seats." 

In terms of light, YMMV, but I found large-and-in-charge Michaela and her adventures with "Gustav" to be pretty entertaining. I also find Flashback Wes to be way better than live Wes for the most part. Still somewhat surprised that his joke about breaking the condom because he was so big made it to air last episode.

7 hours ago, ShellsandCheese said:

1. The DA's office has mad hate for AK, as Asher might say, from her routinely bitchslapping them. 

2. The DA's office isn't particularly good or thorough at its job, usually just latching onto the first suspect they see.

3. There is, from the public perspective, potential motive and circumstantial evidence connecting AK to at least some of these killings.

Lila:  She was pregnant with Sam's child. It's not difficult to envision a scenario where AK knew that and it turned her murderous, or at least, she conspired with Sam or was an accessory after the fact in some way.

Sam:  Significant other's usually the first suspect. She was having an affair with a person whose fingerprints were found on Sam's ring. She had a history of violent fights with Sam, at least according to Hannah. Jealousy and anger over his affair with Lila is another motive.

Rebecca: No particular motive comes to mind, but it seems fairly suspicious that say, within a week of being acquitted in a high-profile case she goes missing. I'd expect Eggs has shared his suspicions that AK had something to do with Rebecca's disappearance.

Sinclair (aka Smugface): There was deep personal animosity, and Smugface was investigating AK for wrongdoing and prosecuted her man. The scenario AK concocted (Smugface going after hours to Hapstall Manor to work on a plea deal, IIRC) is ridiculous on its face. 1. it's pretty unlikely that Smugface would have offered a plea deal without telling her higher-ups what she was doing 2. There's no reason she couldn't either wait till the next day to do it, or do it over the phone rather than travel all the way over to Hapstall Manor.   

The Hapstalls: Well, at a loss to connect her to the killings of the parents. The situation with her getting shot was shady as all get out though.

Also, the lady taught a class called "How to Get Away With Murder." Also, one might suspect where there was this much smoke, there must be some fire.

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Me too. The only thing the DA got right is that Annalise is a manipulator who surrounds herself with damaged people who are desperate to please her. I wish the DA was operating on that theory because everyone around Annalise has killed people. Wes killed Sam. Sam conspired with Frank to kill Lila. Frank killed Lila and Mahoney. Asher killed Sinclair. Bonnie killed Rebecca. I would have much rather have seen a season where the DA is slowing picking off members of the Keating 5. Annalise keeps asking them to trust her and more of them end up in jail. Annalise keeps trying her manipulation and plate spinning all for naught. It ultimately ends up with everyone separately agreeing to narc on each other and Annalise.

Annalise is so toxic and manipulative she's implicated in murders that have nothing to do with them. By all appearances, Frank killed the elder Mahoney because the Mahoney's involvement in Annalise's car accident. But Annalise's lousy instincts had Wes lying to the police because...something. I don't think Annalise did anything illegal in the earlier Mahoney case, but she's desperate to cover up that she found Wes' mom?!?!

The DA has evidence pointing to Annalise that points just as much to any of the others. Additionally, wasn't Nate Annalise's alibi for Sam's murder? This plotting is so incompetent.

Michaela was on fire tonight.

The reason AK had Wes lie to the cops (or continue with the lie he originally told) is because the true story seems so implausible and would make him a suspect. "I managed to track down the man I thought was my biological dad, who happens to be a gazillionaire. Did I mention I grew up extremely poor? Or that I thought he might have some connection with my mother's death. Anyway, I travelled 2 hours from Philly to New York with no appointment and no plan, and I finally confronted him on the street when all of the sudden someone shot him. The end."

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

Nuh, if Bonnie really killed Wes, they would keep any indication under wraps until the finale. This is a red herring in my opinion. 

At the very least, she and Frank were clearly following Wes throughout the last hours of his life. Unless Wes gave them the slip (which may have happened, we've yet to find out), Bonnie and Frank probably know who killed him -- or at least have a strong idea.

But I'm not ruling Bonnie out just yet. Her motive for killing Rebecca was a weird, creepy, thin one and that makes her a dangerous person to anyone who gets between her and Annalise.

• Love 1

I don't think it's Bonnie, but I do think that I'm starting to have my suspicions on Bonnie's role that night. She could have easily done it because her main goal is protecting Annalise and she would know that her murdering Rebecca could come back to Annalise. However, it might be too obvious. I do wonder about Bonnie's purpose for calling Frank to tell him about Laurel. It's highly possible that Bonnie and Frank decided to set the house on fire, but they didn't kill Wes. 

So, I do agree that the others need to take responsibility for their actions. However, I do stand by my point that Annalise probably should be going to jail for all of her illegal activity. She shouldn't be getting targeted by the DA like she is because at the end of the day, she didn't kill any of these people and she didn't have a hand in the actual act. However, she has implicated herself by trying to protect all of these people and being in the know of what happened with most of these cases. She has actively stopped them from going to the police as well. Sure, they could have gone at any time and for that, the kids are to blame. Connor's "woe is me" story doesn't work because he can go turn himself in at any time. His "coward" excuse doesn't work on me because I don't feel bad for him. He can literally stop his own guilt at any time. He chooses not to for whatever reason (self preservation, I gather). 

But yeah, Annalise got involved and she chose her own path of keeping these murders silent and manipulated people along the way to protect them. Why she did that, who knows? Wes' protection makes sense, so I guess the others are collateral because of it. But with Wes dead now, she can choose to tell the truth. Of course, she almost did if Atwood had accepted the immunity deal, but the DA does seem keen on targeting Annalise, even if it makes no sense. 

In other points, Michaela was great in being a mini Annalise, even if I don't necessarily agree with her methods. These people really have no moral codes, do they? I thought Asher might have but he won't even talk about Sinclair so he's as bad as the rest of them. 

Laurel's suspicious of Meggie. It would be a nice twist if she was genuinely just being nice. I suspect that she's angry at the Laurel/Wes/baby situation, though, just because we haven't heard a word about it yet. 

Frank's plan backfired, I guess. I don't really blame the cops for not believing him. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The DA is not only annoying but stupid. (and the actress playing her is BAD, so bad that I can only focus on her hair, which I think is a wig)  No, Annalise wasn't the one who surrounded herself with damaged people, that would be Sam.  Annalise was Sam's patient, so was Bonnie.  Sam was the one who brought Frank to Annalise.  To me Sam was the real puppet master.  Maybe that's why Annalise wasn't so upset when Wes killed him. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Artsda said:

Annalise in jail seems like Emmy bait.

Of course it is.  That's also why Viola is in minimal/no makeup in those scenes.

If either Bonnie or Frank killed West, there's no way they could be redeemed after that.  Which is not to excuse the murders they've already committed, but Wes was the show's male lead and who we were ostensibly supposed to root for.

My wacky theory this week is that Meggy is the one who killed him.

• Love 2

Why DID Bonnie kill Rebecca? Like, what was the point? Why did she think it was a good idea?

Frank's murders kind of made sense in that he was already a criminal to begin with and felt a sense of obligation to Sam. But no one was going to be doing the happy dance that Bonnie murdered Rebecca. Even if Analise is willing to cross ethical lines to protect her clients and proteges, I've never gotten the impression she's thrilled with murder. She clearly wasn't doing the happy dance when Sam died -- the only reason she covered it up is because she didn't want her young'uns or herself going to jail. 

I don't think Michaela really cares anymore if she ticks people off. Maybe Asher's sex isn't good at calming her down.

That prosecutor has to be the most annoying prosecutor of all time. There's a desperation to her that I don't get - she seems desperate to have sex with Nate, she seems desperate to get back at Analise, she seems desperate to have lunch....I don't know ...something about her always seems weird. The weirdness I can forgive. The desperation, not so much. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

If Meggy killed him then I definitely want her ass run over by a mack truck and not because I care about Wes being dead. It's because she seriously threw away a promising career as a doctor for some damn boy, girl please. Yeah, I don't have tolerance for it at all, love my ass, crime of passion my ass. You got Michaela who's going off on every damn body because she knows darn well what it took for her to get where she is and she's not trying to throw it away. But Meggy, who had a choice and wasn't even put in a situation like Michaela where she had to defend herself against a threat, goes and kills Wes because he screwed her over for some other girl, even though she's in med school with so much promise....yeah, I can't with women who pull shit like this over some guy. They weren't even together that damn long, they weren't even married, WTF? It's her isn't it? Ugh.

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, bantering said:

Why DID Bonnie kill Rebecca? Like, what was the point? Why did she think it was a good idea?

Because Rebecca and her potential blabbermouth was a liability to Annalise. But there were many options available to ensure that Rebecca kept her mouth shut (paying her a shitload of money to leave way, waaaaaay out of town comes to mind) that didn't involve snuffing her out, so the fact that Bonnie immediately went with that just to protect Annalise has me constantly side-eyeing her mental stability. Wes was essentially turning into the same problem Rebecca was, so I find it very likely that she took care of him the same way she did Rebecca.

• Love 3

I know many people didn't have much use for the character of Wes, but boy did I notice that he was missing. Every time there was a scene of the K54, I literally thought, "where is everybody?" And then I did a count and realized that it was Wes that was missing in the frame. And most of the time he didn't even have dialogue! But he was part of the group, and now there is a Wes-sized hole in the group that I think all of the characters are feeling, even if they don't want to. Even Connor is grieving in his head-up-his-own-ass way. I also miss seeing Alfred Enoch lope across the screen (/shallow end).

I liked the Golden Girls scene, and I also liked that Laurel's spidey-sense started tingling about Meggy. Although I think Meggy is too peripheral to be the actual murderer. My guess is that murder was not the aim, it was an accidental flail that proved fatal. Unless it was a Mahoney hit, in which case it was deliberate.

Even though I don't think he even knows how he feels about everything going on, it was good seeing Frank be good at his job. And I agree with the poster upthread, there is something a little too extra about that DA. 

• Love 14

I mean, I think it's fairly obvious that Annalise is being majorly set up, and that this has been going on for quite some time. At this point, it feels like the DA's office would pin 9/11 on her if they could find the smallest scrap of circumstantial evidence. Atwood has always had a weird lady boner for taking down Annalise. My theory as of now is that Wes's murder, the fire, or both were put into motion by the DA's office to frame Annalise and start the slippery slope to pinning all the other murders on her as well. So I was especially frustrated this week when Annalise started going in on Bonnie for fucking it all up; the deck is deliberately stacked against them, and I think all the characters should spend more time trying to expose the DA's office and then focus on Wes's murder/the fire; doing the former would probably actually help form the trail to the latter.

Damn, Michaela was on fire tonight. Someone's gotta take control of this thing while the grown-ups are otherwise occupied, and she's doing it. Aja did great with the material and I hope they give her more of the same going forward.

Agree that Oliver is suffering from one of the worst cases of "be careful what you wish for" known to man. Yikes, dude. The Cool Kid's Table doesn't seem so cool anymore, does it?

I don't know what level of suspicion to feel about Meggy. On one hand, yeah, it's weird she's being so nice to Laurel when Wes left Meggy for Laurel and got Laurel pregnant. On the other, she has been shown to be a nice person and might genuinely feel bad for the situation Laurel is in, and even though she and Wes were no longer together, she would obviously feel the impact of his death as well. So I don't know. Guess we'll see going forward.

"Gustav" had me cracking up.

I'm skeptical of Bonnie's involvement at this point. There are still, what, four episodes left? Bringing her into the picture this soon feels like another red herring.

Mama Harkness is back next week! Save us from this mess, Ophelia!

Can we correct the spelling of "Annalise" for the title of this thread? It's driving me nuts.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, rubyred said:

I liked the Golden Girls scene, and I also liked that Laurel's spidey-sense started tingling about Meggy. Although I think Meggy is too peripheral to be the actual murderer.

I don't know about that.  She's more central to the story than the Hapstalls were to the shooting of Annalise, but I think they were still on the list of suspects for that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bantering said:

Bonnie thought she was protecting Annalise because Rebecca was threatening to turn them in to the police. She also blamed Rebecca as the reason Sam was killed which kind of started the whole murder stuff.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, rubyred said:

I liked the Golden Girls scene, and I also liked that Laurel's spidey-sense started tingling about Meggy. Although I think Meggy is too peripheral to be the actual murderer. My guess is that murder was not the aim, it was an accidental flail that proved fatal. Unless it was a Mahoney hit, in which case it was deliberate.

Clearly someone on the writing staff loves the Golden Girls. Connor & Oliver were watching GG in Micheala's apt after their hook up. As for Meggy, I don't trust her. It may be nothing but I can't help but remember her telling Wes her aunt was an attorney when he was hiding out at AK from the police. Either that aunt is Atwood or that info will come back to mean something further down the road. 

10 minutes ago, Schlinkaboo said:

Why is Laural still in the hospital? What injury needs so much pain killer?

Severe smoke inhalation coupled with a concussion from being knocked out along with any other superficial bruises and the pregnancy. She was off the pain pump this episode so I expect she'll be discharged by next ep.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Severe smoke inhalation coupled with a concussion from being knocked out along with any other superficial bruises and the pregnancy. She was off the pain pump this episode so I expect she'll be discharged by next ep.

Yes, pretty sure she is based on the preview.  It shows her in plain clothes asking, I believe Nate, to see Wes.

• Love 3

I think Maggie killed wes, she is being "sketchy" accoring to laurel and she mustve been jealous that wes left maggie for her. We can already see from the Car ride with frank that Wes was in a confrontation mood, and maggie could be low key crazy and went to the house to confront them, she finds out Laurels pregnant with Wes's child and she goes crazy and kills Wes and tries to kill laureal too.

• Love 1

Michaela was scary and amazing.  When she told Connor that "Mousolini got things done", it gave me the same chill many of Annalise's lines do.

Oliver is beyond pathetic.  Annalise is literally in prison, Connor has been dealing with this trauma for a year, yet Oliver is making himself the poor widdle victim.  I was expecting him to ask for a sippy cup and a blankie.  I hope Connor dumps his ass for good soon.

The only people not on my list of suspects are Michaela and Connor, because their whereabouts are accounted for, both would be totally out of left field, and neither Aja nor Jack is playing any undercurrent of 'somethings up' the way everyone else is.  

That said, Asher is at the top of my list. His indifference over mowing down the old DA last season would fit with his apparant lack of guilt/empathy here.  I am starting to wonder if instead if the richy rich Mahoney widow pulling the strings, its the richy rich Milstone widow.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 1

@Tiger - your dislike of Oliver cracks me up.  Sadly I think all the writer's are doing with Oliver finding out everything is further entrench his and Connor's codependency. 

As for Asher possibly having something to do with Wes's death, I wouldn't be surprised. As bumbling as Bonnie is, I get the feeling she is manipulating something behind the scenes. I think she's roped Frank into it somehow and Asher is just goofy enough to also be manipulated by her.

Asher doesn't make sense with the timing. Laurel goes in the house and claims even before she put it on Frank that she did see someone run out the back door. So I'm suppose to believe that she tells Asher at the dorm that she's headed over to Anna's, he then passes out on the bed, and that his passing out was all faked? So that means he jumps up from his fake passing out after Laurel leaves the dorm and heads over to Anna's and beats Laurel to it? Nope, don't buy it, because I'd first have to believe him passing out right before Laurel leaves him is a fake out and I don't. Then I'd have to believe that he left Laurel and Connor's side at some point after leaving Michaela's and I don't. Especially since he was taking a very tipsy Laurel and Connor to his dorm hall. Or that he left the end of the semester finals party and followed Wes when he left the party and I don't. Because soon after that scene they show him noticing that Laurel and Connor are about the take off to Michaela's and he follows and tries to stop them as we seen in the following scene once they arrive at Michaela's.  At this point Wes in at the police station. By the way, they do show Connor in a scene with Wes just before Wes gets the call, and Wes pretty much tells Connor to fuck off because he knows Connor is fishing and sticking it to him.  I don't see where Asher has the down time to get any of this done unless I believe that he faked passing out, went and killed Wes. Then he goes back to the dorm party, to continue getting drunk and dancing on the bed?  Now, Connor disappeared at some point from the trio, and left Laurel and Asher at the dorm, but I still don't think he did it. But the timing doesn't work for Asher to pull this off based on his whereabouts for that episode. Now his mother? I don't buy that either, what's in it for her?  She's washed her hands of her son, I don't get why she would care.  Her son had nothing to do with Sam's murder even if she did care. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

Good point about Asher's alibi. However I don't think it's either mama Millhouse or the Mahoney's. As mentioned Millhouse washed her hands of everything. Until Frank killed Papa Mahoney they weren't thinking about AK. From the way he reacted to Wes speaking to him on the street, it doesn't even feel like he kept tabs on Wes after the Rose killed herself.  I don't think the Mahoney's would have bothered with AK if Wes/Frank didn't try to pin the murder on Jr. Whoever did it had a grudge against AK and wanted to take her down. In fact someone has been trying to take her down from all angles for some time. In addition to the pile of stuff on Atwood's computer there's also the unknown leak of her slapping that defendant. 

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2

Maybe there's a lot more to Meggy than meets the eye. As in she's not just some bitter, jilted girlfriend. I don't know who asked who out first, or how she and Wes met, but maybe Meggy has been  a plant from the getgo, an Atwood plant. And if I find that out that will relieve me of any sympathy I might have had for her so called "love" for Wes because she got dumped. Yeah, there's gotta be more to Meggy and more that isn't good, she's a piece to this puzzle for sure. I damn sure know that Laurel and I both were like who the fuck is she??? at the start of the season, LOL.

Yep, they had to have gotten to Meggy, Atwood has probably tried to get to just about everyone who is outside of the Keating-5, Anna, Bonnie and Frank who is even remotely associated with them on a personal level. So, yeah she might have tried to get out Asher's family too, but since he's been disowned, not much she could get from them. But yeah, she got to Meggy for sure. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 4

Bet you wish you had passed along that phone call from Stanford now, huh Oliver? You could have been chilling at Stanford doing normal computer stuff while having shower sex with your hot, devoted, law student boyfriend every day, instead of covering up murders and being all tense all the time. He wanted to have a more exciting life with Annalise and the Cool Kids, and now he's got it...

I just don't know how I feel about the "Annalise in prison storyline". Its interesting seeing her in this new environment, and watching the rest of the gang try to get by without her, but my favorite kind of Annalise is the one who can jump from vulnerable to badass in charge at the drop of the hat. This show is always dark, but watching Annalise and the gang kick ass in court gives us some victories in between all the sadness. This is just depressing.

That being said, there were some fun moments, like Connor trying to figure out where they could all run to that didn't have extradition with the US (I would watch a show where the K4 plus Oliver ran around the world trying to stay one step ahead of the authorities, while accidently murdering people probably), Michaela and "Gustav" and the K4 all sitting together mindlessly watching Golden Girls. It was actually kind of sweet. It felt real in the midst of all the soap opera shenanigans. And I really enjoyed seeing Michaela being all badass and getting shit done. Its also a little scary. She's turning into Annalise Junior now that OG Annalise is out of commission.

You know, the smug DA women did have a point about Annalise drawing damaged people to her. I don't know if she does it on purpose, and I do think she cares about her underlings, but she does tend to find damaged people and they end up having intense love/hate relationships with her, with an edge towards fanatical devotion, and she does lie to and manipulate pretty much everyone around her, even if she thinks its for their own protection.

Wow, we`re bringing back everything for this plot! I have almost forgotten about Rebecca before all of this, and that makes me suspect Bonnie of being the killer. She still scares me the most of all the rogues gallery of killers, blackmailers, and criminals that make up our cast. She's still brazenly lying to everyone about her cold blooded killing of Rebecca after all. She will do ANYTHING for Annalise, including murder,

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, bantering said:

She heard me yelling at my tv everytime Rebecca's stupid face came on the screen "Would somebody please kill this chick?"

- Man I want Annalise to get out of jail.  The jail scenes are real clunkers.

- Even the DA knows she has no hard evidence.  They have lots of people dead around Annalise, but no real evidence.  But it strikes me as really stupid to be so mad at  defense attorney because she beats your ADA office at your job so you have to set her up to get her out of the way?  How about, I dunno, do your job better?

- Milauna Jackson, the actress who plays the DA, has really pretty natural hair.  Why her hair on the show looks like a janky wig I will never know.

- Whose side is Frank on?   

- I LOVED Michaela this episode.  She scared Oliver.

- I LOVED goofy Asher's alter ego Gustav. 

- Connor is still working my nerves.  Come on man, I was rooting for you!

• Love 6

My issue with the prison scenes are many.  I agree they feel clunky. I also don't like how they show a mostly AA inmate population which in Philly would not be the case. I have no interest in AK in a prison fight or attempting to regain the power of the original wig/makeup scene with a weave cutting scene.

• Love 2

I'm glad y'all are still interested enough in this plot to figure out who killed Wes. I really kind of don't care anymore. I feel like I'm watching this show out of obligation rather than any real interest in solving the whodunit of the season. It's just not that compelling to me for some reason.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Milaxx said:

Speaking of sketchy folks, are we done looking sideways at Simon?  That whole flyer situation felt too easy.

I may be 100% wrong, but I think whatever producers originally intended for Simon was scuttled becsuse of poor audiance reception.  The way his story quickly ended reeked of the classic 'audiance hates new character so we're deep-sixing him and closing a plot whole at the same time'. 

• Love 4
Just now, Milaxx said:

Shame because I was thinking he would have made an interesting love interest for Oliver when he first appeared. 

Oh, he and Connor were for sure going to hatefuck.

I wonder if Thomas got subbed in for him.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, starri said:

Oh, he and Connor were for sure going to hatefuck.

I wonder if Thomas got subbed in for him.

I didnt like Thomas and his hairy back, but he was worlds better than Simon.

8 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Shame because I was thinking he would have made an interesting love interest for Oliver when he first appeared. 

I thought he and Oliver would have made a great couple.  They could go be whiney together, preferably off-screen.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I got the impression that her tears were real, and she was crying because she was betraying him.  But, who knows?

That's what I thought too, because she knows that Frank's confession story was a crock. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tiger said:

That said, Asher is at the top of my list. His indifference over mowing down the old DA last season would fit with his apparant lack of guilt/empathy here.  I am starting to wonder if instead if the richy rich Mahoney widow pulling the strings, its the richy rich Milstone widow.

Asher was never indifferent over mowing down the old DA. If anything, he was the most emotional over it. When he did kill her, he was in pretty bad shock and Annalise had Bonnie make sure he didn't talk. Then they gave him a couple of episodes where he was drinking a lot to cope with it. And I think this episode, when Sinclair's name was mentioned in the list of murdered people Annalise was being investigated for, Asher reacted strongly to it. 

If Asher's alibi didn't seem to check out, he'd be on my list of suspects. As it is, him and Michaela are the only ones that I don't think had anything to do with it. Michaela never left her apartment so the most she did was place a phone call to Wes, if that. As for Asher, unless he visited Wes before the frat party, he probably had nothing to do with Wes' death. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I don't know why, but Wes' hotness has increased 10-fold since he died.

Fire will do that to a person!  Too soon?

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thought Asher might have but he won't even talk about Sinclair so he's as bad as the rest of them.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Asher was never indifferent over mowing down the old DA. If anything, he was the most emotional over it. When he did kill her, he was in pretty bad shock and Annalise had Bonnie make sure he didn't talk. Then they gave him a couple of episodes where he was drinking a lot to cope with it. And I think this episode, when Sinclair's name was mentioned in the list of murdered people Annalise was being investigated for, Asher reacted strongly to it. 

Asher killed Smugface in a moment of somewhat understandable anger.  He didn't go out of his way to kill her -- she kept taunting him in then  stood right in the path of his car.  But Daddy taught him too well to call for a lawyer before calling the police -- that got him in trouble at Rape Lake and again after he killed Sinclair.  Now he's probably buried it pretty deep.  

Asher is, to me, the most sympathetic of the murderers. He killed in a moment of anger and was ready to take the consequences.  Good old Annalise convinced him not to -- for her goals, not his.

1 hour ago, Milaxx said:

Bonnie thought she was protecting Annalise because Rebecca was threatening to turn them in to the police. She also blamed Rebecca as the reason Sam was killed which kind of started the whole murder stuff.

Rebecca was the reason Sam was killed, so there is that.

• Love 8

Asher wasn't in that much of a rush to take the consequences. He called Bonnie-not an ambulance or the police when he killed Sinclair. He helped Bonnie put Sinclair's body in Bonnie's trunk. I'd hardly call him innocent.

• Love 5