Type keyword(s) to search

NBC Picks Up The Good Place For A Second Season

2 hours ago, Nailbiter said:

Tara, seriously, just watch it. It's not the show you thought it was, and it is SO good.

I'll think about it but tbh it's hard for a show to get back on my radar after I've dropped it. THERE IS A LOT OF TV, YOU GUYS.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tara Ariano said:

THERE IS A LOT OF TV, YOU GUYS.

This show is definitely one of the better ways to spend a half an hour. It is a happy place nestled in the darkness. It isn't just hilariously funny, it's charming as hell. I have given up a LOT of TV lately. This is one of the very few shows that I still watch. It brings me joy.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Well, the first two episodes were pretty much about establishing the world and therefore very heavy on exposition. But I think by episode four the show was really falling into place and the characters started to gel. I liked it from the first episode on though.

My husband, bless him, checked out early on, like within minutes. Then every week he would go, "I don't understand what's going on!"

Forking Yay!!!!!! I was convinced because I liked it, of course it would get cancelled.

And Tara, it's REALLY good, only 13 half-hour (with commercials) episodes. Like Jerry and Elaine said, "it's a cup of coffee" .

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tara Ariano said:

I'll think about it but tbh it's hard for a show to get back on my radar after I've dropped it. THERE IS A LOT OF TV, YOU GUYS.

That's exactly how I felt after the first few episodes of that short first season of Parks and Rec, but my sister convinced me s2 was amazing, and it was.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tara Ariano said:

THERE IS A LOT OF TV, YOU GUYS.

I hear what you're saying there.  Even at my limited viewing (16 shows on the forums list, plus one or two others), I find myself scratching my head on some episodes of the second tier shows, saying "Wait, what happened last week?"

22 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Well, the first two episodes were pretty much about establishing the world and therefore very heavy on exposition. But I think by episode four the show was really falling into place and the characters started to gel. I liked it from the first episode on though.

Mike Schur has always said with a new sitcom optimally you would film the first three episodes and throw them out, because it takes that long for the cast to come together and the writers to get an idea of where they want to go. This show is no exception.

So glad it's coming back for S2.

• Love 1

Oh wow, something good happened.  What a strange, largely unfamiliar sensation that is at this juncture.   Glad to hear it, though, if nothing else I love watching Ted Danson have the time of his life but I'm also super fond of the whole cast, so I'm glad that there will be a second season.  

• Love 3