Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Into The Woods

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

There's built up resentment.  Kandi was a friend to Porsha at beginning.  She gave her a chance and hired her for her play - even though she was flakey and irresponsible.  She was a shoulder to cry on with the split from Cordell.   Then when Porsha became friends with Phaedra - she turned on Kandi.

Just curious - was it the friendship with Phaedra herself that constituted the "turn" on Kandi? Or has she done things since the friendship, actual things that showed a "turn" on Kandi? I'm not being snarky at all. I just have the memory of tsetse fly and it seems, to me, like these broads switch friendships like they switch cars.  

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Just curious - was it the friendship with Phaedra herself that constituted the "turn" on Kandi? Or has she done things since the friendship, actual things that showed a "turn" on Kandi? I'm not being snarky at all. I just have the memory of tsetse fly and it seems, to me, like these broads switch friendships like they switch cars.  

Porsha didn't turn on Kandi by becoming friends with Phaedra.  It had more to do with her defending Phaedra out of blind loyalty in her fallout with Kandi - and assumed she was right - regardless of any facts to the contrary.   She should have stay out of it.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, imjagain said:

It's a small thing, but I found it interesting that Kandi didn't let Cynthia or Sheree know about the white party theme. 

Or that they were invited at the last minute! LOL

51 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

There's built up resentment.  Kandi was a friend to Porsha at beginning.  She gave her a chance and hired her for her play - even though she was flakey and irresponsible.  She was a shoulder to cry on with the split from Cordell.   Then when Porsha became friends with Phaedra - she turned on Kandi.

Porsha and Kandi weren't friends, they were friendly. IMO, when Phaedra/Kandi had their falling out and Porsha got close to Phaedra, Kandi turned on Porsha as well, I really think she fears what Phaedra has told her.

• Love 6

If people think Porsha's hair looked bad in that scene with Shemea, I don't want any of yall to see me on a bad hair day, hell, her hair that day would be a pretty good hair day for me.  

I have a soft spot for Porsha.  I don't feel like she is the smartest person, but not everyone can be.  Wasn't she in specialized education growing up?  I think I remember reading she graduated from an alternative high school.  It seems like she struggles with learning some things, so I am just glad she has been able to be successful at something.  She works hard, and I don't mind someone doing well, if they put in the work for it.  

I feel like that is the problem a lot of the women have with her, she is "an idiot" so they don't understand why she is doing well.  Maybe they feel like someone who dresses, speaks, and acts like she does should fail outright.  

I do agree that her fighting people is/was out of control, but I do applaud anyone who is trying to change and keep on keeping on.  

• Love 17

I always know when Sheree is about to invoke fuckery and runtelldat. She seems to almost always start the sentence with "Speaking of (insert name of HW here)......." and than drops the tea. Her segue ways are clunky as hell. She has been so obviously messy this season. 

• Love 17

That driveway of Kenya's. Girl needs to splurge on more concrete and widen that thing so you don't feel like you're about to  drive off a cliff every time you go to and from that winding mess in the woods.  The camera crew has no problem lingering on people trying to get in and out of there. Makes me laugh every time. 

• Love 8

Kandi, according to online blogs, is the highest paid at over one million dollars a season for housewives

Dang. If that's true, the restaurant could burn to the ground and she'd probably not even feel it.

I can just Never forget

One thing I can never forget about that scene was just how helpless and speechless Nene was. She didn't even know where to begin or what to do. Classic moment all around.

I always know when Sheree is about to invoke fuckery and runtelldat

And she pretty much somehow comes out of it smelling clean. Has anyone called her out for doing that yet? Girl is so stealthy she can give LVP from RHOBH a run for her money.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I think tension began when Porsha began taking sides. Not that I think they ever had a close friendship but Kandi has felt a certain type of way about Porsha inserting herself into her drama with Phaedra. Porsha was there talking crap with Phaedra over the whole 'Todd keeps bugging me for his money' fiasco. Now she's going around lecturing Kandi about giving the deets on Phaedra even after having a lunch with Phaedra where Phaedra did the same thing (and implicated Porsha's best friend no less). It honestly didn't seem malicious on Porsha's part...more typical dumb Porsha. Who thinks they can help mend a situation by only pointing out the faults of one side when both parties have faults? Well, apparently Kenya thinks that's the way to do it as well but other than those two, that's not the way a third party attempts to resolve issues.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Or that they were invited at the last minute! LOL

Porsha and Kandi weren't friends, they were friendly. IMO, when Phaedra/Kandi had their falling out and Porsha got close to Phaedra, Kandi turned on Porsha as well, I really think she fears what Phaedra has told her.

I think Porsha created her own drama with Kandi at Kandi's event and the Don Juan conversation.  Something Phaedra and Porsha can't quite grasp is even though someone is employed or partnered with you in a business, you cannot control their conversation.  And you certainly cannot control your mother's thoughts when it comes to Mama Joyce.  Phaedra and Porsha had something in common, the others' husbands both maintained a friendship with their exes.  Another thing you cannot control is your spouse's friendships and certainly not your ex's..  Lastly, Kandi sees faults, glaring faults in Kenya but she either has the intelligence not to try and take her down or doesn't really care.  Someone does jumping jacks on the edge of a cliff long enough it is only a matter of time before they slip.

It is interesting because Porsha is still maintaining kind of a middle school mentality about if she is friends with her she can't be friends with me.  This is big business, Phaedra had to go all the way to Flint, MI for a storyline this year, and used the other ladies' coin (including hers) to underwrite her brilliant idea. 

Here is Nene's take on the various stories or views being floated by Porsha:   http://www.realitytea.com/2017/01/23/nene-leakes-calls-porsha-williams-liar-weighs-kandi-burruss-phaedra-parks-friendship-split/#/slide/1  Near the end Kandi weighs in.  Phaedra just let her ego overrun her common sense when it came to bashing Kandi and Todd. 

• Love 5

Cynthia saying, "I know you're a good person" to Matt just about killed me.  He is still a good person after all he has supposedly done?  

Hold on guys, I'm about to go fetch some bricks, I have some windows to bust out.  I didn't know I could deal with things that way and still be considered good. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Porsha created her own drama with Kandi at Kandi's event and the Don Juan conversation.  Something Phaedra and Porsha can't quite grasp is even though someone is employed or partnered with you in a business, you cannot control their conversation.  And you certainly cannot control your mother's thoughts when it comes to Mama Joyce.  Phaedra and Porsha had something in common, the others' husbands both maintained a friendship with their exes.  Another thing you cannot control is your spouse's friendships and certainly not your ex's..  Lastly, Kandi sees faults, glaring faults in Kenya but she either has the intelligence not to try and take her down or doesn't really care.  Someone does jumping jacks on the edge of a cliff long enough it is only a matter of time before they slip.

It is interesting because Porsha is still maintaining kind of a middle school mentality about if she is friends with her she can't be friends with me.  This is big business, Phaedra had to go all the way to Flint, MI for a storyline this year, and used the other ladies' coin (including hers) to underwrite her brilliant idea. 

Here is Nene's take on the various stories or views being floated by Porsha:   http://www.realitytea.com/2017/01/23/nene-leakes-calls-porsha-williams-liar-weighs-kandi-burruss-phaedra-parks-friendship-split/#/slide/1  Near the end Kandi weighs in.  Phaedra just let her ego overrun her common sense when it came to bashing Kandi and Todd. 

All Porsha said was that it is "a shame to lose a friendship over money", that's it. She didn't take anyone's side. Then when DJ came over, he jumped both of them without knowing what all was said and he reported it back to Kandi as if both Porsha/Phaedra were smack talking her/Todd and that was not the case because only Phaedra was.

And Shamea can lose me with her "you didn't defend me" bit to Porsha because she sure didn't defend Porsha the day DJ lied about Porsha to Kandi and she didn't tell either DJ or Kandi to knock it off mocking Porsha either, she laughed right along with them.

As for Nene, I'm not inclined to take her word, she has lied before and she is an expert at playing the HW game even though she is no longer on the show. IMO, if Porsha/Phaedra had the fan base that Kenya and/or Kandi had, she would be team Frick/Frack but as it stands, the fan power belongs to Kenya/Kandi and Nene will always side the largest fan base, after all she has clothes she needs to sell to pay her IRS lien! LOL

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

All Porsha said was that it is "a shame to lose a friendship over money", that's it. She didn't take anyone's side. Then when DJ came over, he jumped both of them without knowing what all was said and he reported it back to Kandi as if both Porsha/Phaedra were smack talking her/Todd and that was not the case because only Phaedra was.

And Shamea can lose me with her "you didn't defend me" bit to Porsha because she sure didn't defend Porsha the day DJ lied about Porsha to Kandi and she didn't tell either DJ or Kandi to knock it off mocking Porsha either, she laughed right along with them.

As for Nene, I'm not inclined to take her word, she has lied before and she is an expert at playing the HW game even though she is no longer on the show. IMO, if Porsha/Phaedra had the fan base that Kenya and/or Kandi had, she would be team Frick/Frack but as it stands, the fan power belongs to Kenya/Kandi and Nene will always side the largest fan base, after all she has clothes she needs to sell to pay her IRS lien! LOL

It is an easy thing to say when it is not your money.  And for Porsha not realize Phaedra went to far and pretty much blew up the friendship over the situation-not by withholding payments but with her comments about Todd are really just fake. 

Porsha absolutely had a lot to say about Kandi's Clique butting in and she continues to do so.  I get Porsha wants to be popular, but she goes about it the wrong way.  I am not a Nene fan but I do think Nene is probably correct that once she gave Porsha advice at the Reunion, Porsha disconnected from her and went after Nene on her radio show.  I think all Nene did was validate there is a lot that goes on we don't see that contributes to the show. 

The issue between Shemea and Porsha is not just about defending, it is about Porsha making things all about her.  Even the ridiculous "spying" on Phaedra before the glamping trip.  Phaedra can hang with whoever she wants, and Porsha needs to look towards maybe not everything being about her all the time.  I realize there is a cast full of them, but the continual team stuff gets old. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It is an easy thing to say when it is not your money.  And for Porsha not realize Phaedra went to far and pretty much blew up the friendship over the situation-not by withholding payments but with her comments about Todd are really just fake. 

Phaedra going around telling people not to work with Kandi was low.  If you are fighting/arguing with someone, and they say things to friends, that's one thing.  You'll probably be mad, but it's common.  If she called your job and tried to get you fired, most people would think, this bitch done lost her damn mind.  

That's a whole other level that most people would think is insane.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, mothmonsterman said:

I have a soft spot for Porsha.  I don't feel like she is the smartest person, but not everyone can be.  Wasn't she in specialized education growing up?  I think I remember reading she graduated from an alternative high school.  It seems like she struggles with learning some things, so I am just glad she has been able to be successful at something.  She works hard, and I don't mind someone doing well, if they put in the work for it

Me too!  I've liked Porsha from Day 1 because I thought she was sweet, harmless and pretty much the anti-Kenya.  And I think Kandi, Kenya & Nene liked her as long as she was meek, subservient Mrs. Stewart because they could all feel superior to her and treat her like a bubble-headed afterthought, not an equal.  So I love that Porsha is flourishing personally and professionally and they can't be dismissive of her any longer.  It's very telling that they always resort to trying to embarrass her intelligence (can we just retire the Underground Railroad jokes once and for all?!)   But she's smart enough to have parlayed her peach into several other ventures and cash those checks.  I ain't mad at her.

• Love 12

Did anyone else notice during the conversation between Matt and Cynthia that he kept his hand over his mouth almost the whole time.  When they got a side shot it looked like he was smiling.  It made me feel like the whole conversation was planned out and he could barely hold in laughing so like a fool he thought he could pass it off as real if he covers his smile.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, whydoievencare said:

Oh my!  Kenya is possibly the most horrible person in the world.  Is she mentally ill?  Seriously.  She has the most aggressive personality - it's so ugly!  She never accepts any blame for instigating - it's always that the other person has no self control.  There's really nothing redeeming about most of this Real Housewives cast - but I can't look away.

I don't understand this Kenya/Matt relationship.  If Kenya is scared of him, if he is abusive, why is Cynthia talking to him?  Is Kenya that desperate for a storyline?

Kandi has a "stank" look on her face in nearly every scene.  I bet she doesn't want to do this show anymore, but loves the money, so she has to suck it up and resents it.  

I'm bored with this cast.  They should get rid of half of them, the show needs new blood.

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, absolutqt said:

Me too!  I've liked Porsha from Day 1 because I thought she was sweet, harmless and pretty much the anti-Kenya.  And I think Kandi, Kenya & Nene liked her as long as she was meek, subservient Mrs. Stewart because they could all feel superior to her and treat her like a bubble-headed afterthought, not an equal.  So I love that Porsha is flourishing personally and professionally and they can't be dismissive of her any longer.  It's very telling that they always resort to trying to embarrass her intelligence (can we just retire the Underground Railroad jokes once and for all?!)   But she's smart enough to have parlayed her peach into several other ventures and cash those checks.  I ain't mad at her.

I love your post. Neither Kandi nor Nene can look down on Portia for not being smart.  Those two can barely speak English without destroying it.  Kenya is a horrible human being, so, she will never be better than Portia. Portia has a good heart, while I do think that her methods are misguided,( I did not like how she inserted herself in the beef between Kandi and Phaedra), they are never nefarious, unlike Kenya, who I find to be repellent.  She reminds me of Omarosa.  Another vile creature, from the abyss, who now works in the White House.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

Is there anyone who is as sick of Sheree as I am ? She just can't keep her mouth shut. I guess this is her new storyline for the season, Sharee never met a secret she could keep. Oh well, girl got to make a living even if it means breaking up friendships. It just seems so childish to me that she behaves this way . Kenya just proves Cynthia right about being a drama queen by storming off. Porsha and her new man, NOT !! Kandi and her dismissive attitude, UGLY ! Phaedra and her tell a lie a minute ASS! Cynthia , STAY OUT of Matt and Kenya's business. Kenya let matt go. I don't know what Cynthia hoped to accomplish by speaking with Matt let his crazy ass BOUNCE.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I am not going to say that this season is boring but it definitely isn't all that engaging

This newfound Marlo and Sheree friendship. I can just Never forget

tumblr_lyne24tVcW1ql5yr7o1_400.gif

Sheree you would have been better off just meeting the girls at the end of the driveway and foregoing that sad ass reception. That pathetic display would have been acceptable maybe if she was being nice and giving a construction or yard crew a free meal but for friends? Nope. There weren't even any chairs or a place to sit. I guess she doesn't have a certificate of occupancy and would be in violation if she had the girls indoor.

Not to be nitpicky but I cringed and felt a certain kind of way about Kenya calling Cynthia's house 'cute.' Comes off as condescending. Kenya can't help herself she has to be nasty for no reason. She just had to come into the store and say she was looking for an 'old woman' to the clerk when referring to Phaedra. Is it a fledgling relationship - tread lightly and keep the teasing as you say 'cute' or keep it mute.

Kenya and Porsha in those floral pants from behind - newp! 

I just can't with all these thirsty potential "friends of" like Shamea, Marlo, that other chick that went on the AV ride and now Hazel.  They can all see that peach in reach and are all on their tippy toes trying to get to it. 

839-08350664em-Rear-view-of-boy-reaching 

Stand down! I already don't like Hazel for a comment I just saw on her social media page. 

Kandi always has a funky look on her face practically all the time now. I am trying to give her some leeway because she does have a lot on her plate with a baby, a new venture current businesss to manage, a husband and that gargoyle of a mother of hers, but still. I am not seeing a lot of joy coming from Kandi given that she seems to have everything she wants. I definitely think she is NOT liking the Phaedra/Porsha friendship. I don't think it is jealousy or anything like that. More so that Kandi knows Porsha is team Phaedra and is afraid that Phaedra told Porsha any of her business/secrets. 

Why are we still talking about ATL's answer to Bam Bam Rubble Matt?

Uh....what did she say?

That scene with Marlo and Sheree always cracks me up and it's not even just them two, it's the expression on Nene's face.  She is like WTF??!!!  Cracks me up every time! lol

• Love 1

I absolutely loved Porsha's sister on the bus ride, her openly asking why would anyone be asking Marlo about fashion or beauty, that was fantastic! I was wondering that very thing seconds before it was asked. Seriously, there is a fashion model on board who didn't appoint herself the fashion guru and that is not the point of this trip and Marlo was not the focal point either, my guess is that now she will be pissed at Porsha's sister.

Sheree is the ultimate shit stirrer but take an honest crack at her house and that girl will cut you! Store bought bakery items are not the problem with that low rent buffet she set out, she could have put them on nice disposable platters, had some folding chairs maybe.  She just gave Kenya so much ammunition, lol.

Why oh why would Cynthia go and talk to Matt?  Was there some contractual agreement that he had to have screen time?  She and Kenya both know that relationship is over and done why prolong it?  I mean after my boyfriend breaks the windows in my garage twice, I figure the relationship is over, right?

How did Porsha's car get in to Sheree's gate if Sheree did not know who that was?  I would assume that Sheree would have to buzz her in.

Are we laying odds on the glamping trip to be about yelling at each other and the usual drag queen make up complete with false eyelashes?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I absolutely loved Porsha's sister on the bus ride, her openly asking why would anyone be asking Marlo about fashion or beauty, that was fantastic! I was wondering that very thing seconds before it was asked. Seriously, there is a fashion model on board who didn't appoint herself the fashion guru and that is not the point of this trip and Marlo was not the focal point either, my guess is that now she will be pissed at Porsha's sister.

That was Kandy's friend and not Portia's sister.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love your post. Neither Kandi nor Nene can look down on Portia for not being smart.  Those two can barely speak English without destroying it. 

I really don't think one has anything to do with the other.  I have met many a smart person who doesn't speak the way some consider "correct."  Kandi has done quite well for herself without speaking "proper."

Now, Nene on the other hand...

Who to lose in this cast?  Kenya, Phaedera, Kandi, maybe Sheree but only in small doses.  Cynthia can stay but she's got to stop doing whatever she's been doing to her face and Portia can stay too.  

One more thing, HDTV is NOT Kenya Moore's friend.  My TV isn't HD but my computer is and that first scene with Phaedra and Kenya in that camping store, OMG, Kenya's face looked busted.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

I really don't think one has anything to do with the other.  I have met many a smart person who doesn't speak the way some consider "correct."  Kandi has done quite well for herself without speaking "proper."

Now, Nene on the other hand...

True, but, they like to attack Portia and label her stupid.  They are not in any position to act like they are a member of Mensa.  Of course, being smart, has nothing to do with speaking a language correctly.

• Love 3
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, they like to attack Portia and label her stupid.  They are not in any position to act like they are a member of Mensa.  Of course, being smart, has nothing to do with speaking a language correctly.

I agree, I really don't think Porsha is any dumber than the rest of them.

Kenya's funny, she complained, when she talked to Cynthia, that Matt put everything on her and then Kenya turned around and put everything on Matt.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Porsha absolutely had a lot to say about Kandi's Clique butting in and she continues to do so.  I get Porsha wants to be popular, but she goes about it the wrong way.  I am not a Nene fan but I do think Nene is probably correct that once she gave Porsha advice at the Reunion, Porsha disconnected from her and went after Nene on her radio show.  I think all Nene did was validate there is a lot that goes on we don't see that contributes to the show. 

The issue between Shemea and Porsha is not just about defending, it is about Porsha making things all about her.  Even the ridiculous "spying" on Phaedra before the glamping trip.  Phaedra can hang with whoever she wants, and Porsha needs to look towards maybe not everything being about her all the time.  I realize there is a cast full of them, but the continual team stuff gets old. 

Porsha didn't say anything out of line about Kandi or Todd and DJ lied when he said she did. He was mad at Porsha because Porsha didn't allow him to put words in her mouth and called him out on it. Kandi's "clique" are paid to ride or die, so they ride! LOL

Yes, Porsha called Nene out on her BS, Nene trying to lecture Porsha about not putting her hands on someone when she has tried to choke Kim, not just once but twice, rich! LOL

Again, if we go back to that link I posted, Shemea got engaged recently, which means that party was most likely filmed recently and edited in for effect. And, IF it was filmed recently, it is possible that Porsha was not available to attend that party, hence her absence. Either way, had she gone and Kandi had her usual stank face on, an argument would have happened IMO.

• Love 5

Why did Cynthia open her mouth about Porsha's sister going on the "glamping" trip?  Kandi's friend, Hazel was there and Marlo was there as well.  Kenya, who always wants to play the victim, belittled Porsha on the bus.  If Porsha felt that she needed her sister to go on the trip, then okay.  It's not any business of these other women to tell Porsha that she has no right to her feelings.

So STUF Cynthia, Kenya and Kandi.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 12
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I thought it was really shitty of Porsha not to go to Shamea's shower/party. Who cares if Kandi is hosting it? You're in a public place, not Kandi's house. And there were plenty of other people there. I don't get this between Kandi and Porsha anyhow. It seems like there was one incident at lunch last week and now Porsha cannot be around her at all? Shamea seems like a really good friend, who HAS stood up for Porsha, so it sucked seeing her hurt like that.

Kandi has been openly coming for Porsha and Porsha is just making sure she isn't put in a situation where she might snap.  She is still in anger management and doesn't want to fall back into her violent tendencies.  I think Porsha thought Kandi's Kandie Koated thugs, I mean team, would be there and she didn't want to be ganged up on again and frankly, I don't blame her.

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm sorry, I enjoy Sheree better than Kenya (notice I said "enjoy", not like), but her pre-glamping meet up was all sorts of sad and pathetic. Let's gather around a folding table on my front porch with snacks I bought from Publix and if we want talk, we'll go chill in Marlo's air conditioned car. Good Lord, are you TRYING to make Kenya look better?!

I cracked up when Sheree opened the bubbly and when it spilled over she said, "This is for the dead homies!"  LOL!  Her little snack bar was pathetic though.  I think it's pretty clear there is no electricity in the chateau yet.  Why she volunteered to have everyone meet up there is beyond me.  If she didn't want to go to Kenya's, why didn't she let Kandi or Cynthia volunteer to have the bus come to their house?  Now that I think of it, I wonder why they didn't all meet at Phaedra's.  After all, she's the one who planned the trip.  Strange!

• Love 8

Kenya serving snacks at her home, classy.  But having the women push their suitcases up that big ass hill, not very classy.  So the bus couldn't even get down the hill?  Damn, does Kenya live in a swamp or something?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

One more thing, HDTV is NOT Kenya Moore's friend.  My TV isn't HD but my computer is and that first scene with Phaedra and Kenya in that camping store, OMG, Kenya's face looked busted.

I watch all of these on my computer. Kenya's huge open pores and scarring were a real issue for me this episode. I think it was the scene at the dock with Cynthia, because in other scenes it wasn't as obvious. HDTV AND filming with Cynthia Bailey are not Kenya's friends! 

Kenya was also again so socially awkward with Cynthia at the dock. She lets her animals crap in the yard first. But when they are locked up and Cynthia takes her for a walk to the water, Kenya starts twirling and shrieking. Just like she got down on the ground and pretended to be a frog or a duck last episode. 

I don't think she does very well with women friends. She's immediately competitive. Her nasty (british humour?) cracks at people, like referring jokingly to Phaedra as an 'old woman' and calling out the women's fitness walking up her nasty driveway, last week screaming 'I was Miss USA/America' at the campers...awkward. Makes others feel awkward. And can you imagine Kenya coping with hearing Phaedra jokingly say "i'm looking for an old woman' in the camping shop?

And she pretty much does live in a swamp. She certainly behaves that way.

• Love 9

Sheree, from what I've read, still doesn't have a certificate of occupancy And that would be fine, if she wasn't claiming to everyone that she is living in the property. One minute she says 'wait until the end of the season' (when there is a housewarming party) and the next she claims to be living there full time. There are no appliances in the kitchen, none of the photos she's posted prove the house is actually lived in. It certainly didn't look lived in this episode. She has no aircon. This season has been so badly produced in this respect. If they film 'at Sheree's' why is none of the cast asking why they can't go inside? Instead, Marlo and Sheree get in the car to drink in the aircon? The audience also wants to know. This is just one issue I'm having with continuity. There's way too much reliance on the housewives version of deux ex machina: in this case it's things happening offscreen, like the Shamea/Porsha/Kandi friendship, which we are just expected to accept without question.

I understand that they film a number of potential housewives and edit once the season is through. This is why we are seeing Lena, Shemea, Hazel, Marlo and there's another woman as well, I think all her footage got cut. Working it out as they go must have drawbacks, like the audience wondering who these unexplained women are and why they are on this show.

Sheree competed this way for her peach. No one knew she was getting 1 until just before the season began. Just that she too would be filming. So Sheree's SL was the winner here?

Production seems to be getting a bit lackadaisical.

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Sheree, from what I've read, still doesn't have a certificate of occupancy And that would be fine, if she wasn't claiming to everyone that she is living in the property. One minute she says 'wait until the end of the season' (when there is a housewarming party) and the next she claims to be living there full time. There are no appliances in the kitchen, none of the photos she's posted prove the house is actually lived in. It certainly didn't look lived in this episode. She has no aircon. This season has been so badly produced in this respect. If they film 'at Sheree's' why is none of the cast asking why they can't go inside? Instead, Marlo and Sheree get in the car to drink in the aircon? The audience also wants to know. This is just one issue I'm having with continuity. There's way too much reliance on the housewives version of deux ex machina: in this case it's things happening offscreen, like the Shamea/Porsha/Kandi friendship, which we are just expected to accept without question.

I understand that they film a number of potential housewives and edit once the season is through. This is why we are seeing Lena, Shemea, Hazel, Marlo and there's another woman as well, I think all her footage got cut. Working it out as they go must have drawbacks, like the audience wondering who these unexplained women are and why they are on this show. Production seems to be getting a bit lackadaisical.

Why cut them out? They could have been recurring housewives to see how everybody gel with one another..  It is still a scripted show, despite it being a "reality" show. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Sheree, from what I've read, still doesn't have a certificate of occupancy And that would be fine, if she wasn't claiming to everyone that she is living in the property. One minute she says 'wait until the end of the season' (when there is a housewarming party) and the next she claims to be living there full time. There are no appliances in the kitchen, none of the photos she's posted prove the house is actually lived in. It certainly didn't look lived in this episode. She has no aircon. This season has been so badly produced in this respect. If they film 'at Sheree's' why is none of the cast asking why they can't go inside?

On WWHL Sheree said that she has spent 2 holidays at the chateau.  I don't know if she meant Thanksgiving and Christmas or Christmas and New Years.  I believe we have all read in the tabloids about Sheree having to go to court for having her housewarming illegally so I'm not sure if she had a certificate of occupancy or if she was still fibbing to Andy about living there.  She had to pay a $1000.00 fine for not having a party permit.  The funny thing is, Kenya had to pay the same $1000.00 fine for not having a permit for her housewarming.

• Love 3

Kandi herself has mentioned her and Shamea's growing friendship over the past few seasons, so it's not something that's out of the blue.  I don't think Kandi has been purposefully coming after Porsha, I just think she's so tired of dealing with everyone's shit that she's no longer interested in keeping quiet while everyone else says whatever the hell want to say all the time, true or not, rude or not.  

Kenya, on the other hand, is always stirring shit up cause that's all she knows and she enjoys it.  Someone like Porsha (and also Matt), who can't keep her emotions in check, is like crack for someone like Kenya because she knows she'll get a reaction everytime she pokes, no matter how small the poke is. Porsha falls for it everytime.  She was quite defensive last week, only helping to prove Kenya's point by falling right into her trap.  

Porsha has also been a really shitty friend to Shamea.  Not only did she not defend Shamea when Phaedra was going on about S sleeping with everyone's husbands, she also didn't refute the three some talk, instead nodding with a shit-eating grin on her face. How convenient that at first she couldn't remember Phaedra saying anything like that and then a few minutes later it was she couldn't remember what her response was. Some best friend.  Also, not showing up to the party....she frickin showed up to Kenya's housewarming, but couldn't go to her bff's surprise shower?  Whatever Porsha.

Sheree really went above and beyond with those Entenmman's snacks, didn't she?

Kenya's not interested in using a portapotty.  She does understand the other option is digging her own hole in the ground and squatting, right?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Ok, I just read Bravo's Atlanta homepage about Shamea and Hazel and saw this.... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta/season-9/blogs/7-things-to-know-about-porsha-williams-longtime-friend So it seems this "engagement" party that Kandi threw for her was recently filmed because she got engaged less than a month ago! So, something must happen between Porsha, Kandi and Shamea this season and they need for us all to think Kandi and Shamea were "close" friends before it happened!

I guess I wouldn't mind if Shamea was made a permanent housewife, but I hate how Bravo likes to break up lifelong friendships.  If she and Porsha have been friends for as long as she said (over 10 years) it saddens me that they would let their Bravo job come between them.  I lost a longtime friend over some bullshit made up by another person who was jealous of our friendship and to this day I get teary eyed thinking about it.  Hopefully this crap is just for the show and in real life they are still close friends.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Porsha has also been a really shitty friend to Shamea.  Not only did she not defend Shamea when Phaedra was going on about S sleeping with everyone's husbands, she also didn't refute the three some talk, instead nodding with a shit-eating grin on her face. How convenient that at first she couldn't remember Phaedra saying anything like that and then a few minutes later it was she couldn't remember what her response was. Some best friend.  Also, not showing up to the party....she frickin showed up to Kenya's housewarming, but couldn't go to her bff's surprise shower?  Whatever Porsha.

To be fair, Porsha was uncomfortable throughout Phadra's  monologue about Shamea. She was clearly discomforted with what was said about her and chose not to participate.  Her silence could be misconstrued as consent.  I get the impression that she did not want to challenge Phaedra and make waves.  She is the only one of the ladies that she truly enjoys to be around.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, Porsha was uncomfortable throughout Phadra's  monologue about Shamea. She was clearly discomforted with what was said about her and chose not to participate.  Her silence could be misconstrued as consent.  I get the impression that she did not want to challenge Phaedra and make waves.  She is the only one of the ladies that she truly enjoys to be around.

And the thing is, Shamea went in on Phaedra first.  She's clearly jealous of Porsha's friendship with Phaedra.  To me, if my friend has a friend that I'm not necessarily friends with, I'm not going to trash talk about that friend and make my friend uncomfortable which is what Shamea keeps doing about Phaedra.  It's clear Phaedra and Shamea don't like each other and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with why all of a sudden Shamea is Kandi's good friend.  And now that Nene has said that she's no longer friends with Phaedra, Kandi is even trying to forge a friendship with her.  Kandi keeps playing rough and tough but I think she was deeply hurt by her breakup with Phaedra.  So much so she's befriending everyone who doesn't like Phaedra and trash talking Phaedra's friends.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, swankie said:

And the thing is, Shamea went in on Phaedra first.  She's clearly jealous of Porsha's friendship with Phaedra.  To me, if my friend has a friend that I'm not necessarily friends with, I'm not going to trash talk about that friend and make my friend uncomfortable which is what Shamea keeps doing about Phaedra.  It's clear Phaedra and Shamea don't like each other and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with why all of a sudden Shamea is Kandi's good friend.  And now that Nene has said that she's no longer friends with Phaedra, Kandi is even trying to forge a friendship with her.  Kandi keeps playing rough and tough but I think she was deeply hurt by her breakup with Phaedra.  So much so she's befriending everyone who doesn't like Phaedra and trash talking Phaedra's friends.

I am not so sure that Kandi is all that hurt but I am sure she is trying to isolate Phaedra from the other woman. I think she wants Porsha to turn her back on Phaedra like the others have so that Phaedra is left out in the cold.

• Love 1

I just can't with all these thirsty potential "friends of" like Shamea, Marlo, that other chick that went on the AV ride and now Hazel

The thing is, if they haven't been made a regular HW by this point, they probably won't be*. Historically speaking, being upgraded from a "Friend of" to a regular HW is very rare, the only time it happened I believe was with Brandi from RHOBH. You can be upgraded to regular HW if you started out as a Guest, which has happened (Dorinda from NYC, Meghan from OC, and a few others), though.

So it seems like while being a Friend of means they didn't impress Andy and Bravo enough to join the main cast, they don't mind bringing these women back as Guests for a few episodes in later seasons, as long they bring some drama. So Marlo, Shamea, and others can act as thirsty as they want, but the odds of them getting a peach aren't in their favor.

*This doesn't apply to regular HWs who get downgraded to Friend of then back to being a regular HW later, like Porsha or Luanne from NYC.

Edited by AndySmith
3 hours ago, swankie said:

To me, if my friend has a friend that I'm not necessarily friends with, I'm not going to trash talk about that friend and make my friend uncomfortable which is what Shamea keeps doing about Phaedra.  It's clear Phaedra and Shamea don't like each other and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with why all of a sudden Shamea is Kandi's good friend. 

Interesting how we're discussing Porsha and Shamea and under the radar as usual is Phaedra who was the source of the 'Shamea sleeps with Kandi/and all the husbands of Atlanta'. That's probably one of the harshest allegations I've heard on a HWs show, and Ms Parks isn't being interrogated. Phaedra went for Kandi and Shamea. Hard. And what further beggars belief is Phaedra hanging out with (in her own words) Kenya Moore Whore, the woman who was accused of soliciting her husband and who, on tape, was most definitely flirting entirely inappropriately with him. I couldn't get over that, even if a couple years later down the track, the lying liar who's lying ass is now back in the pokey, retracts the statement. I might reluctantly apologise if I believed him, but I couldn't get over what I saw with my own eyes and how that made me feel: total humiliation. And then he locked her out of the room for 40 mins and she sat on the steps. We've all experienced something approaching this ridiculousness in our lives and you don't forget it.

phaedra kenya.jpg

So, all I've got is that Phaedra is working hard to rehab her image into some sort of political activism. She appears to be ditching Porsha and befriending Kenya. I got it in the Flint episode, because Kenya had some juice in the area. I wouldn't expect her to turn on Kenya immediately after, either, that's not gracious. But Frick is hurt and Frack doesn't appear to care too much. Phaedra must be aware of Porsha's hurt and traditionally, when they go somewhere, it's Frick and Frack ride again. Phaedra is kind of limply standing up for Porsha, but it feels like lip service. Porsha obviously feels very alone and vulnerable, because Lauren has been hauled in so that she can film. Something is up with Phaedra. I'm wondering if down the track, she'll use her experience with Apollo as mileage for more political campaigning, because then she could also get more mileage out of Kenya on a domestic violence platform, if she keeps her onside. She didn't really seem to enjoy her time with Kenya, but she's putting in the time. Why?. Something's weird with Phaedra. (and i do NOT endorse Kenya ever speaking on DV, either, after she's manipulated this relationship, she needs to take a seat on this).

1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

So it seems like while being a Friend of means they didn't impress Andy and Bravo enough to join the main cast, they don't mind bringing these women back as Guests for a few episodes in later seasons, as long they bring some drama. So Marlo, Shamea, and others can act as thirsty as they want, but the odds of them getting a peach aren't in their favor.

Nene was asked by Andy on WWHL if Marlo should get a peach, and Nene said 'If you wanted to give her one, you would have by now'. Marlo is retweeting HARD anything that suggests she could get a peach. In Nene's words, 'the thirst is real'. They also said Nene would be appearing at the end of this season, so brace yourselves!

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 5

Indulge me on this just a little longer. WHY is Phaedra now dressing so super conservatively? THs with that fugly churchy pirate shirt and more fugly white church attire this episode.

When you imagine Frick and Frack on vacay, what image pops into your mind????

frick and frack.jpg

Thought so. It's a very far cry from the sober, earnest 'save the children' Phaedra we've seen so far this season. Is this why she's distancing herself from Porsha? Because the producers and audience expect to see more 'Frick and Frack' on vacay and Phaedra needs to stay conservative? I'd prefer Frick and Frack, they were harmless and one thing I liked about Phaedra was how she owned her carnal side. Even with Pastor Regina and a conservative upbringing and claiming to be a Southern Belle, Phaedra has had no problem in the past with defending adult entertainers and 'enjoying the human body'. I like Frack a hell of a lot less without Frick.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Interesting how we're discussing Porsha and Shamea and under the radar as usual is Phaedra who was the source of the 'Shamea sleeps with Kandi/and all the husbands of Atlanta'. That's probably one of the harshest allegations I've heard on a HWs show, and Ms Parks isn't being interrogated.

Shamea made the allegation that Phaedra tried to get with her ex husband first which at the time she said it made me think she was very immature.  That's the only reason Phaedra said what she did about Shamea.  They're both immature with that bullshit.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, swankie said:

Shamea made the allegation that Phaedra tried to get with her ex husband first which at the time she said it made me think she was very immature.  That's the only reason Phaedra said what she did about Shamea.  They're both immature with that bullshit.

When was this? I heard Shamea's response this episode to the 'you slept with all the husbands in Atlanta' and she said, 'i didn't sleep with Apollo, and he hit on me enough times'. Are you talking earlier? I was just thinking how nasty it was for Shamea to be confronted with this stuff at an event celebrating her engagement!! And yes, it's incredibly immature and potentially really destructive also. I was shocked that Phaedra said what she said at the table about Kandi and Shamea. And it was really offensive watching Shamea mime oral sex in this episode with regard to Phaedra and the 'Head Doctor' rumours.

Shameless. None of these heifers have any shame or sense of dignity!

Edited by queenjen
1 hour ago, queenjen said:

When was this?

It was after Porsha had her talk with Kandi about how she thought it was uncool of her to spread personal rumors about Phaedra.  Later on, Shamea, Porsha and Sheree were talking about it and Shamea accused Phaedra of trying to holla at her ex husband and Porsha shut her down.  Of course Sheree couldn't wait to get that news back to Phaedra, which is why Phaedra in turn said that Shamea was screwing around with everybody's husband in Atlanta.  They showed it in the flashback during the wedding shower when Shamea was asking if Porsha defended her against what Phaedra said.  It's all a big she-said/she-said clusterfuck of rumors.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet; I haven;t had a chance to read all the posts yet.

Did anyone else notice Klassy fashionista Marlo asking about "pacificially" instead of "specifically"?  I thought I misheard, so I backed it up and listened again, and she clearly stated PACIFICIALLY instead of specifically.  I turned on closed caption to see if they would have corrected her, and nope!!  Closed captioning typed and displayed her superior vocabulary skills.  What a Klassy broad.  Perhaps the LABELS she should be concerned with to have hanging in her house are VOCABULARY words plastered all around, complete with pronunciation guidelines.   SMH.

Edited by Maccagirl
Spelling - ironic ain't it though!!
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Maccagirl said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet; I haven;t had a chance to read all the posts yet.

Did anyone else notice Klassy fashionista Marlo asking about "pacificially" instead of "specifically"?  I thought I misheard, so I backed it up and listened again, and she clearly stated PACIFICIALLY instead of specifically.  I turned on closed caption to see if they would have corrected her, and nope!!  Closed captioning typed and displayed her superior vocabulary skills.  What a Klassy broad.  Perhaps the LABELS she should be concerned with to have hanging in her house are VOCABULARY words plastered all around, complete with pronunciation guidelines.   SMH.

I think she did that on purpose to get people talking. One reason I think that is because she created a meme about pacifically and axe after the show that she stamped with a Marlo logo. Also, she socializes in some very wealthy southerner circles so I know she knows how to speak standard English. 

I think the thirst is real and she's trying to use social media to get buzz so that Bravo will cast her full-time. And all I'll say to that is Porsha is Ghandi compared to Marlo lol.

• Love 2

Marlo only did those memes, IMO, because she'd rather get ahead of the mockery than be mocked. She is ignorant and hateful (as evidenced when she tried to drag Hazel by saying something along the lines of "I'm more fashionable than you" based on a club meeting and a bus ride but then got shut down when Hazel was just like, "I don't know you so why would we ask?) and that is why she will never get a Peach or even a friend of peach. She was just trying to use RHOA's airtime to promote her webshow "Ask Marlo." Trash we'd be better to be done with.

How in the world does Sheree think she is dragging Kenya's home when at least Kenya's guests had cold water and an air conditioned home to rest inside? I'll take no baseboards and a toilet to piss in rather than eating cantaloupe out of a plastic cup on a hot front porch overlooking the bus stop any day. 

Once again, Matt owns up to his behaviors as well as being in a real relationship with Kenya, so the rent a man jokes are null and void. Those are especially rich coming from Porsha who no longer has the African's Bentley and after Duke (he of the Courtyard by Marriott) ran out on a party she threw claiming he was her boyfriend. At least Kenya's rent-a-man, Walter, had the wherewithall to fulfill his contract during filming. 

Porsha is full of shit when it comes to friends. Why not bring her bestie Shamea on the trip? Was it because her fake forgetfulness (I don't remember not reacting to Phaedra calling you a hoe or when she fake forgot all the things Kandi called her out on in their lunch meeting) would be put on blast? Just like folks are telling her not to trust Phaedra, I wouldn't trust Porsha. She sure was quick to defend Phaedra but not her friend she's known more than twice as long. Porsha is a user (as evidenced by her quick reaction to Todd's job drop last week--not that I blame her for not wanting an unemployed man but could she have been more transparent?) but doesn't have the quick wits to match her intent. Now I'm waiting for next season for Shamea to spill all of Porsha's tea since Porsha has had no intent on protecting Shamea's. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 6