Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Into The Woods

• Start Topic

I have a soft spot for Porsha.  I don't feel like she is the smartest person, 

Me too- that butt is sucking more brain cells from the poor thing!

What is with the huge knockers hanging out??? Do women in Atlanta really dress like that?

• Love 4

Why on earth would Porsha bring Shamea instead of Lauren? Lauren is her SISTER. blood.  She can bring blood, or her bestie who's also besties with a chick who rolls her eyes every third word out of Porsha's mouth.  I'm not seeing where it's even a minorly difficult choice.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Why on earth would Porsha bring Shamea instead of Lauren? Lauren is her SISTER. blood.  She can bring blood, or her bestie who's also besties with a chick who rolls her eyes every third word out of Porsha's mouth.  I'm not seeing where it's even a minorly difficult choice.

Porsha did bring Lauren not Shamea.

• Love 1
On 1/30/2017 at 11:22 AM, twilightzone said:

There's built up resentment.  Kandi was a friend to Porsha at beginning.  She gave her a chance and hired her for her play - even though she was flakey and irresponsible.  She was a shoulder to cry on with the split from Cordell.   Then when Porsha became friends with Phaedra - she turned on Kandi.

This seems pretty obvious to me. Porsha's a fake stank bitch. One who has shown her ass on more than one occasion. Kandi has expressed to Porsha what didn't sit right for her regarding Porsha. Porsha decided she wanted to comfort Phaedra for whatever reason. I'll even give it the whole she went through a divorce recently so they have that they can relate on and help the storyline of her and Phaedra spending more time in front of the camera together fine. But one thing I've also appreciated about the way Kandi handles her relations on this show is that she tackles shit on a real level. She's not perfect by far but she ain't playing no games. She feel a certain kind of way then that's what we see. The others are more strategic with regards to forced storylines and alliances and friendships. Kandi just be going into shit like, what we doing today? oh yeah and the cameras are following. Kandi sat down with Porsha and pointed out that she felt that her and Porsha were just as friendly as Porsha and Phaedra and she pointed out that when the time came to be supportive of one she found it okay to be negative about the other. I mean the same type of friendly overtures that had Porsha wanting to be a shoulder to cry on for Pheadra should have been the same friendly tendencies to not dog Kandi in the process. I think that's were the issue truly began. Sure support Phaedra if that's what you want but where in that equation did it mean she had to sort of revoke some of those friendly she should have upheld for the sake of her relationship with Kandi? Kandi didn't do anything that would warrant for Porsha to talk negatively of her. Being supportive of Phaedra didn't mean she needed to tear Kandi down and yet she took that opportunity to go along with painting Kandi in a negative light when it came to how good of a friend she was to Phaedra. We saw that shit play out on film so I think we all have enough to see why Kandi wasn't feeling Porsha in that regard. Porsha was the one that wanted to find herself in the messy back in forth salivating over anything and everything miss Phaedra was dishing out on Todd and Kandi knowing damn well that Phaedra is one mean spirited chick.

Kandi let it be known and that was that. It's Porsha's fault that she keeps wanting to insert herself and contribute to a dialogue that she really should step away from cause Kandi ain't the one. Porsha has commented on Kandi and Kandi's behavior with regards to Phaedra and how she's handling the crumbling of that friendship so yeah, it leaves HER open to some blow back cause she want to be opening her mouth about shit that doesn't concern her and it's pulled her into multiple conversations that she's provided a shady soundbite or two about so she needs to stop acting like she don't know why Kandi's mad. You wanna criticize her. Judge her on what kind of friend she is based on shady details you know ain't quite right but then think Kandi ain't supposed to be questioning your ability to be a loyal friend. It was only a matter of time before Kandi decided to drop the muzzle and say fuck it. Ya'll wanna go there then let's go. I think Kandi has spent a good number of seasons not taking the gloves off on this show while the others choose to destroy real friendships for screen time and I think we a getting a taste of Kandi dipping into that I don't give a fuck anymore pool. I hope she doesn't dive all the way in cause I've always appreciated how she's not conniving when it comes to manufactured storylines and isn't about putting up real life on the chopping block just so she can bring drama to the show. She brings us what she's got going on. She doesn't PURPOSELY drudge up sludge from her life and deliver it up as some sacrifice for the Bravo Gods for a damn peach like the others do. Also Kandi is pretty point blank about how she's feeling about anybody so when these heifers stay acting so perplexed as to whats "eating" her and assuming it's only Shamea the faux confusion always annoys the fuck outta me. You shady, you grimey, and ya sketchy AND shit has been caught on tape so ummmmmmmm Where the Fuck is all this Huh? What? Bullshit coming from. Uggggghh!

• Love 11

It's cute the way Porsha will get up in anyone's face but when Kandi calls her out, it's time to walk away. She don't want none. I agree with @Yours Truly that Kandi has always tried to stay out of issues when they are brought up and just be the neutral, say nothing but lightly protect my friends character. Now that she isn't doing that and is actually sick of the bullshit, she is branded as hateful and ugly. In all reality, Kandi is the ONLY one who doesn't need this show and its paycheck enough to really play the IDGAF role. Like she said years ago, she could take care of any and everyone on this show if she wanted to but now that she is demonstrating it and taking off the gloves, haters come out. 

• Love 12

Later thoughts...if Kandi is on the next season, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them come for her, but the thing is, she doesn't NEED this show like the rest of them do...and I mean ALL, including the ones I support. Phaedra...when has the last docket filing included her name? Whose funeral has she processed? Cynthia's bags/glasses? Nice, but I'll buy a real branded item (with a lifetime guarantee and label cache) for the same price before I purchase hers. Porsha's DishNation job doesn't pay anything like her RHOA check and what else does Kenya have coming in besides DVD residuals (and she and Porsha's hair products are a dime a dozen--we can get them in any Korean beauty supply shop)? We all know Sheree ain't got shit else.  Porsha's already talking smack about not wanting to be around these women but I would surmise that at LEAST half of her income is RHOA. She better shut up because she probably makes more than Rickey Smiley's reality show for her 3 months (once a week) of filming. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

Porsha's already talking smack about not wanting to be around these women but I would surmise that at LEAST half of her income is RHOA. She better shut up because she probably makes more than Rickey Smiley's reality show for her 3 months (once a week) of filming. 

Except that she is moving into the mainstream like Nene; finding guest shots on major network shows, news organizations, Dish Nation, not mentioning her now four business ventures which are pretty successful right now.  She probably could leave RHOA is need be.

• Love 1

Moving into the mainstream or getting opportunities is not the same as getting paid or long term security...and NeNe, with her fade from the limelight and IRS issues, is a prime example. Porsha has already shown herself to not be the wisest with money (lost townhouse, $8k shoes on little to no income, immense rentals for a single person, unpaid judgements), hence my point about not messing up a steady gig that requires very little effort. 

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Watermelon said:

Well the last one was because of a court injunction, so that's a little different

2 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

Moving into the mainstream or getting opportunities is not the same as getting paid or long term security...and NeNe, with her fade from the limelight and IRS issues, is a prime example. Porsha has already shown herself to not be the wisest with money (lost townhouse, $8k shoes on little to no income, immense rentals for a single person, unpaid judgements), hence my point about not messing up a steady gig that requires very little effort. 

She knew she had the judgment against her when she bought the house. And she had the judgment against her because she failed to respond to the bank's earlier efforts to settle the debt. She could have met with the bank and worked on a payment plan that worked for them both. She didn't. She doesn't make great money decisions. I just don't know how wise it is for Porsha to burn bridges with the show or Kandi when you never know what's coming down the line. Maybe her mainstream opportunities will work out. Maybe they won't. Nene thought she was doing great. She was on Glee. Ryan Murphy cast her on The New Normal, but the show got cancelled. She hasn't popped up on anything else he's done and he's done a lot since then. Porsha can afford to give this show up when she's a regular cast member on a show with more than a one season order.

• Love 4
On 1/30/2017 at 11:11 AM, mothmonsterman said:

Cynthia saying, "I know you're a good person" to Matt just about killed me.  He is still a good person after all he has supposedly done?  

Hold on guys, I'm about to go fetch some bricks, I have some windows to bust out.  I didn't know I could deal with things that way and still be considered good. 

LOL, girl, grab a few for me because these assholes at LA Fitness have been asking for it!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

She knew she had the judgment against her when she bought the house. And she had the judgment against her because she failed to respond to the bank's earlier efforts to settle the debt. She could have met with the bank and worked on a payment plan that worked for them both. She didn't. She doesn't make great money decisions. I just don't know how wise it is for Porsha to burn bridges with the show or Kandi when you never know what's coming down the line. Maybe her mainstream opportunities will work out. Maybe they won't. Nene thought she was doing great. She was on Glee. Ryan Murphy cast her on The New Normal, but the show got cancelled. She hasn't popped up on anything else he's done and he's done a lot since then. Porsha can afford to give this show up when she's a regular cast member on a show with more than a one season order.

This is truth.  Easy come, easy go.  However, Porsha should consider leaving RHOA because of her penchant for violence.  I get that she is in anger management, but conflict and drama are the very foundation of these HW shows.  As shown, these things can get Porsha angry enough to physically lash out, which can have real consequences on her career.  

Right now, Porsha has a shot at a career that can potentially be bigger than RH.  As much as I dislike Porsha, I can admit that she is good on Dish Nation.  She has the type of personality that could easily translate to one of those daytime talk shows like "The Real."

BUT, any and all opportunities will be gone the minute she has another violent episode on camera.  I think even the thing with Cynthia showed her in a very bad light.  And if she cannot handle the conflicts that come with being on a HW show, at this point she may be better off protecting her reputation by just being a "friend of" or being off the show altogether.

However, you're right.  At one point, I believe Ryan Murphy referred to Nene as his muse.  But she let her big mouth get in the way and spoke disparagingly about gay people.  After that, Ryan Murphy didn't even give her a guest spot on American Horror Story, or any of his other projects in the pipeline.  She must kick herself every single day for burning that bridge.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

It's cute the way Porsha will get up in anyone's face but when Kandi calls her out, it's time to walk away.

Porsha is being smart and putting her anger management skills to use.  She knows that if she gets into a physical altercation one more time she will get fired.  I commend her for walking away.  In my opinion Kandi isn't just calling her out.  She's downright challenging her.  Whenever you go to cussing whenever you speak to someone, they know you're about to go ham at any minute.  Porsha has learned to walk away and not engage at that point.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RealReality said:

Porsha should consider leaving RHOA because of her penchant for violence.

What Penchant for violence?  She has never just went after anyone for no reason.  She pulled Kenya's hair after Kenya not only used props to harrass her but when she was just coming off a very intensely bad divorce, Kenya called her a whore and implied she was cheating on her ex husband.  THAT'S when she went ham and I would have too in that instance

Cynthia went off on Porsha for no reason other than she was going though things with Peter and chose at that time to attack Porsha, calling her stupid.  It was only after Porsha was goaded by Kenya and Kandi to go over and apologize for whatever set Cynthia off.  It was Cynthia that started escalating the argument  and waving her spidery fingers at Porsha who reacted in kind.  It was Cynthia who kicked Porsha in the stomach, sending Porsha to the hospital after she was then wrestled to the ground by security who only perceived that Porsha might retaliate which she didn't.

It is not actually known what happened with Jamie, Porsha's assistant but it was rumored that Jamie showed up to the event uninvited with Lauren's baby's father and Porsha went off.  Jamie since withdrew her charges against Porsha when she did not get the blackmailed TV exposure she was pushing for.

Other than that, Porsha has not went after anyone and basically just ignores them which really pisses them off.  These three incidents does not denote a violent nature by no stretch of the imagination.

They are going after her just like they went after Nene.  Right now, she is the most successful HW on that show. 

Kenya has nothing going for her except this show and hair care products that have not taken off and a now defunct TV pilot that went no where.  Kenya is well known for her dirty tactics of manipulation and provoking and she is not just known on RHOA but at least two other shows on other networks that she is a very toxic and nasty individual who appears to be very self centered and entitled.

Cynthia only has some small spots and her overpriced eyewear line, her doll that can be brought on evilbay for pittance, and just got a spot as judge in a beauty pageant.  Cynthia basically still will not own up to her part in kicking Porsha.

Kandi has had failure after failure with her TV series and her play, and now her restaurant.  She is now trying to promote a girl group on facebook but that's not doing well either.  Kandi was about to go ham on Marlo as well as Peter for nothing more than two men fussing.  Her main MO is getting someone else to do her dirt and then crying to gain sympathy

Sheree has only this show and a unfinished house.  She has been relegated to selling Teeshirts and pictures to stay afloat and that's not going well.  Sheree have also gotten into fights and have attempted to pull hair for far less reasons than those Porsha had. 

Only Phaedra is doing better with her law practice and her charity work as well as her speaking engagements and now her political aspirations. Even she was about to go ham on Kenya when Kenya did to Phaedra exactly what she did with Porsha; imply infidelity at a time when their marriages were in jeopardy.

Porsha is a main host on Dish Nation, a guest host on several talk shows, A correspondent on a News program, has now been on Celebrity Apprentice, a guest shot on Star, a voice over for an animated movie, A correspondant at just about all the awards shows, a regular on the Ricky Smiley show, plus her hairline, lingerie line and excercise ventures are very successful as well as she is modelling everything she wears for various clothiers around the country.  AND most importantly, she has not a single problem with any of her co-stars on any other show except this one.  Every one of the apprentice contestants site Porsha as the most kind and sweetest person they met, even the ones she said should be fired.  She is a positive asset on Dish Nation

• Love 7

Cause throwing hands cause "you ain't the one" makes you look like you have no sense or upbringing. Simple.

I admit that Kenya wasn't faultless AT all but Porsha wanted to get physical and threatening. Kenya was 100% showing her ass which I hella don't approve of and wish she would get knocked the fuck out just once so that she can rethink her tendency to act the fool but Porsha was the one to take it where it didn't need to go. I think snatching that scepter out her hand and letting her know that she needs to get some sense real quick was as far as that should have went.

The shit with Cynthia was ridiculously unnecessary and way too aggressive for no damn reason so no sorry the level of her outburst and aggression spoke volumes. Two women playing with the boundaries of each others personal space and one turns into a feral animal??? I mean lets get real. Porsha thinks throwing hands is the first course of action while others may get their disrespect on but ain't trying to go all MMA like Porsha does. There's a difference. Of course bitches like to try one another but at the same time I'm not about someone thinking it's time to put they hands on me cause I'm checking YOU and letting YOU know about yourself. Same way I'm not fixin' to slap someone up just cause we havin' harsh words with each other.

Hey it's all good if Porsha thought beating down her former friend for thinking she could roll up at Porsha's with Laurens man on her arm cause girl that shit is grimey and I know there was no way it was NOT gonna be addressed but it still doesn't change the reality that Porsha's go to reaction is to throw hands and whether people like it or not, being THAT quick to do so in all types of situations is a very big no no in the grown up world we live in. Can't get around it. <shrug>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 10

LOL physical confrontations with three different people over three different years about three different problems? 

Common denominator, thy name is Porsha. GMAFB about the girl dating someone's baby daddy. Now that's a reason to chase and attack other people? Not a cussing, not a slap, not a "prop" but "she brought a dude and I didn't like it?" Bye.

For Kandi, the most successful (objectively, over time, awards received, assets gained, residuals coming in, etc) person on this show to be described as having "failure after failure" is completely inaccurate. She has had multiple spinoffs. (Kandi Factory, Wedding, Ski Trip, etc). She has launched a successful multi level marketing adult toy company. Her play, while it didn't hit big on a national tour level, was successful in ATL, and she even employed other howives in this venture. She has also produced music during this time. I don't see how these things can honestly be described as failures, especially when we look at everyone else's 'successes' which rely on OUTSIDE people giving them opportunities. Kandi is at least making sure other people get paid too. 

Edited by sunsheyen
punctuation
  • Love 15

Some people who have been bullied as children and even in high school tend to make sure they are not bullied as adults.  I guess I can relate because I was bullied for my religion (I am Catholic) and that I was the short dumpy one in school.  When I reached high school, I was really bullied and attacked all the time until I just went off one day and hollywhopped my tormentor.  Of course she was my version of Kenya so I was brought to the principal's office and she played the victim.  After that I made a promise to myself that NO one would run over me again.  I must admit my go to attack was litigation, especially when the teachers went after me but I had to defend myself every now and again and I was labelled the angry Catholic girl.  That was back in the 60s.  I clearly understand Porsha since she admitted that she also had been bullied and called names most of her childhood and is still being called names and bullied today.  As she get more popular in the mainstream, she will be more aware of her actions and I fully believe she is doing anger management strictly for her in how to deal with toxic personalities such as Kenya and Kandi as well as those who suddenly explode at her like Cynthia.

• Love 4

I wish the Porsha is a violent BEAST convos could be put to bed. There are some who think Porsha is a Mike Tyson in the making. Others don't. None of yall are gonna change yalls minds.   

I couldn't care less about any fight Porsha has been in because [insert reasons already discussed for about a year now]. But it's just...it goes nowhere. Can we talk about something else?

Like, whoever decided Kandi's no name friend needed to be invited anywhere?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Watermelon said:

Like, whoever decided Kandi's no name friend needed to be invited anywhere?

Which one? RL's chick or the one who looks like she would fit better on Love and Hip Hop (who lowkey dragged Marlo)?

Kandi has had failure after failure

Dang, if Kandi is a "failure", what does that say about all the other women on this show?

At least Kandi can afford to bail Porsha out of her housing/financial problems lol With all the things listed on Porsha's resume, all the things she is doing, and she still has money problems? Either she isn't making as well as she claims she is or she needs a better financial manager.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

What Penchant for violence?  She has never just went after anyone for no reason.  She pulled Kenya's hair after Kenya not only used props to harrass her but when she was just coming off a very intensely bad divorce, Kenya called her a whore and implied she was cheating on her ex husband.  THAT'S when she went ham and I would have too in that instance

Cynthia went off on Porsha for no reason other than she was going though things with Peter and chose at that time to attack Porsha, calling her stupid.  It was only after Porsha was goaded by Kenya and Kandi to go over and apologize for whatever set Cynthia off.  It was Cynthia that started escalating the argument  and waving her spidery fingers at Porsha who reacted in kind.  It was Cynthia who kicked Porsha in the stomach, sending Porsha to the hospital after she was then wrestled to the ground by security who only perceived that Porsha might retaliate which she didn't.

It is not actually known what happened with Jamie, Porsha's assistant but it was rumored that Jamie showed up to the event uninvited with Lauren's baby's father and Porsha went off.  Jamie since withdrew her charges against Porsha when she did not get the blackmailed TV exposure she was pushing for.

Other than that, Porsha has not went after anyone and basically just ignores them which really pisses them off.  These three incidents does not denote a violent nature by no stretch of the imagination.

They are going after her just like they went after Nene.  Right now, she is the most successful HW on that show. 

Kenya has nothing going for her except this show and hair care products that have not taken off and a now defunct TV pilot that went no where.  Kenya is well known for her dirty tactics of manipulation and provoking and she is not just known on RHOA but at least two other shows on other networks that she is a very toxic and nasty individual who appears to be very self centered and entitled.

Cynthia only has some small spots and her overpriced eyewear line, her doll that can be brought on evilbay for pittance, and just got a spot as judge in a beauty pageant.  Cynthia basically still will not own up to her part in kicking Porsha.

Kandi has had failure after failure with her TV series and her play, and now her restaurant.  She is now trying to promote a girl group on facebook but that's not doing well either.  Kandi was about to go ham on Marlo as well as Peter for nothing more than two men fussing.  Her main MO is getting someone else to do her dirt and then crying to gain sympathy

Sheree has only this show and a unfinished house.  She has been relegated to selling Teeshirts and pictures to stay afloat and that's not going well.  Sheree have also gotten into fights and have attempted to pull hair for far less reasons than those Porsha had. 

Only Phaedra is doing better with her law practice and her charity work as well as her speaking engagements and now her political aspirations. Even she was about to go ham on Kenya when Kenya did to Phaedra exactly what she did with Porsha; imply infidelity at a time when their marriages were in jeopardy.

Porsha is a main host on Dish Nation, a guest host on several talk shows, A correspondent on a News program, has now been on Celebrity Apprentice, a guest shot on Star, a voice over for an animated movie, A correspondant at just about all the awards shows, a regular on the Ricky Smiley show, plus her hairline, lingerie line and excercise ventures are very successful as well as she is modelling everything she wears for various clothiers around the country.  AND most importantly, she has not a single problem with any of her co-stars on any other show except this one.  Every one of the apprentice contestants site Porsha as the most kind and sweetest person they met, even the ones she said should be fired.  She is a positive asset on Dish Nation

Physically attacking someone for words shows a penchant for violence.  Being involved in multiple physical attacks shows a penchant for violence.

You don't get a pass simply because you felt provoked.  Most everyone in prison for a violent crime felt "provoked" into it.

And honestly, no one at a daytime talk show is going to give two hoots who provoked Porsha into what.  They are simply going to see her as a liability and keep it moving.

You think a producer at a daytime talk show is going to want to hear Porsha's 15 excuses for why she went violent on someone, or how she was "provoked?" Probably not.  They will simply move onto the next person, because that isn't the image they want to portray on their show.

The "Live with Kelly" audience doesn't want to see Kelly Ripa pulling someone to the ground by their hair....even if she was provoked, that messes with her image.

If they are unfairly going after Porsha (I don't think that is true), but even if they were, it simply doesn't matter, people in the public eye get picked on all the time, by fans, by the press, by detractors....take your pick.  The bigger your name, the bigger the target on your back.  If someone thinks your response to being "provoked" is to go off on people, they simply aren't going to want to give you that big opportunity.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

Which one? RL's chick or the one who looks like she would fit better on Love and Hip Hop (who lowkey dragged Marlo)?

The one who dragged Marlo.  And why was she all up under Kenya if she was Kandi's guest?  

21 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Dang, if Kandi is a "failure", what does that say about all the other women on this show?

At least Kandi can afford to bail Porsha out of her housing/financial problems lol With all the things listed on Porsha's resume, all the things she is doing, and she still has money problems? Either she isn't making as well as she claims she is or she needs a better financial manager.

I've heard it bandied about that Kandi is worth 40m.

If thats a failure, I'd happily be a failure.

I have a special respect for the housewives that managed to accomplish something without this show as a platform.  Kandi, Kenya and Cynthia all managed to accomplish something without the publicity and fame that comes from being a HW.

Kandi is the one person though who truly doesn't need this show.  She can still write music.  IIRC, she did a gospel track a few years back, and was working on a country song as well.  Hers is the only product I've actually seen outside the show.  

I get the impression the OLG restaurant was never meant to be a big moneymaker.  Most importantly, it gives Mama Joyce a storyline so she can be self sufficient and not have to be in Kandi's business to be on the show.  I don't think Kandi would mind if OLG never made a dime and she used it as a write off as long as it meant that MJ could be out of her hair and not up under her begging for money.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I've heard it bandied about that Kandi is worth 40m.

If thats a failure, I'd happily be a failure.

I have a special respect for the housewives that managed to accomplish something without this show as a platform.  Kandi, Kenya and Cynthia all managed to accomplish something without the publicity and fame that comes from being a HW.

Kandi is the one person though who truly doesn't need this show.  She can still write music.  IIRC, she did a gospel track a few years back, and was working on a country song as well.  Hers is the only product I've actually seen outside the show.  

I get the impression the OLG restaurant was never meant to be a big moneymaker.  Most importantly, it gives Mama Joyce a storyline so she can be self sufficient and not have to be in Kandi's business to be on the show.  I don't think Kandi would mind if OLG never made a dime and she used it as a write off as long as it meant that MJ could be out of her hair and not up under her begging for money.

If it doesn't make money of course Joyce will still beg her for money.  Let's be honest, Joyce will never not be in Kandi's face being horrible. It's what she doesn.

3 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

I also think this may be a bit of an overreach.  

It seems like Kenyas haircare line is doing decently well, and by some reports (which can be taken with or without a grain of salt) it will be sold by retailers next year.  I also think Kenya is a hustler, and I wouldn't count her out by any means.  She actually won a task on CA, which neither of her castmates can say.  I admired her for making her own opportunities, because sometimes thats what you have to do.  And if it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't.  

Kandi has more money than all of them.  

Phaedra seems primed to enter the political arena at some point.  I don't trust her, but she seems to be headed that way.  In that respect, her charity projects aren't failures.  

Wasn't Cynthia judging the Miss Universe pageant?  That not just some random beauty pageant, thats a pretty big deal.  Cynthia's eyewear line/canvas bags?  We'll have to see.  I think it could go either way.  Her bags are nice, but too expensive.  I like that its a unique product, but they need to scale it down for the average consumer if they want to sell to the mass market.  Her eyewear is a different type of product, but again, it will be a matter of pricing and promotion to get it into optometrists offices.  A LOT of designers have eyewear lines, so while she isn't competing with a lot of other HW, she is competing with the likes of Jennifer Lopez, Versace, Gucci, Prada, etc, etc.  

Porsha is doing well, right now.  And I truly think she has the opportunity to do bigger things.  But lets not overstate what Dish Nation is, its a half hour show that comes on at 12:30am in my area.  If people say the paycheck isn't that amazing, I'd believe it.  The biggest advantage of Dish Nation is that it can help propel Porsha into other things.  Which she can lose at any minute if she goes off again.  I have not heard of Porsha's lingerie line, or exercise video line, so I'm not sure I would call them very successful.  I've only heard about her hair line on the show, and again, she faces a LOT of competition in that arena.  For my money, I would just buy from a known retailer since hair is expensive and traditionally difficult to return.

I haven't heard exactly what this kids animation voice over is, so its hard to tell if its a big project, or something that is going straight to DVD.  Its not bad, it just may not be the huge deal that it seems.  Or it could be.  Its hard to tell if she can't say what the project is.  The guest spot on Star is awesome, but Miss Lawrence had a guest spot on Empire, and it didn't seem to do all that much for him.  And he sang on the show too!

And Porsha has had her share of failures.....or should I say, Flatlines?

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5

Having more money doesn't make you happy.  And mentioning that you have it all the time don't mean you have class.  And her failures are epic right now.  She has two failed series, a failed play, a failing (before it even opens) restaurant; and three failed groups she tried to produce, one which has a lawsuit against her company, not mentioning the contracters who are suing her and Todd for non payment from the restaurant.

As for Porsha's accomplishments and failures, she's at least having accomplishments that we can actually see.  Dish Nation is a half hour more show than any of the other remaining housewives have.  Many have heard of her lingerie line as well as her hair line.  Yes her Star shot was only a brief spot but it was a spot that the other have not had.  As for her CA stint, she stayed longer and is actually liked by the cast as apposed to Kenya who was most disliked and called evil on the show as well as on the cooking show on Food Network.  Porsha's news commentary spot every wednesday is set right now and her "failure" made the top 20 at least for two weeks. 

Yes Cynthia did judge the pageant but did anyone see?  However, I have hope that she too will prevail over the others.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Aging Goth said:

As for Porsha's accomplishments and failures, she's at least having accomplishments that we can actually see.  Dish Nation is a half hour more show than any of the other remaining housewives have.  Many have heard of her lingerie line as well as her hair line.  Yes her Star shot was only a brief spot but it was a spot that the other have not had.  As for her CA stint, she stayed longer and is actually liked by the cast as apposed to Kenya who was most disliked and called evil on the show as well as on the cooking show on Food Network.  Porsha's news commentary spot every wednesday is set right now and her "failure" made the top 20 at least for two weeks. 

The crew of Celebrity Apprentice despised Kenya.  They said that she was the worst and her treatment of the crew was abominable.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

You could even add "put together" at the end of your sentence.

Drag 'em! 

Talk whatever about the characters on this show but please don't ever act like Kandi couldn't pay ALL their bills, liens, lawsuits, and everything put together...and then still continue to live nicely. We can't dismiss one's successes/failures and not acknowledge another's. I think after this, based on residual wealth, steady earnings, Kenya/Cynthia on their past businesses would follow, then Phaedra based on the fact that she has skilled degrees/certifications, then Porsha who is solely dependent on her reputation for earnings.

• Love 5

Nobody ever said anything about money making a person happy. This wasn't about that. Even with all of what you consider Kandi's failures, she is still laps and laps ahead of her fellow Atlanta HWs in terms of success, both financially and business-wise. Yes, even compared to Porsha.

And yes, money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does buy you a roof over your head...something Sheree and Porsha and more than a few others need to take note of.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Having more money doesn't make you happy.  And mentioning that you have it all the time don't mean you have class.  And her failures are epic right now.  She has two failed series, a failed play, a failing (before it even opens) restaurant; and three failed groups she tried to produce, one which has a lawsuit against her company, not mentioning the contracters who are suing her and Todd for non payment from the restaurant.

Yes Cynthia did judge the pageant but did anyone see?  However, I have hope that she too will prevail over the others.

With all due respect, what failed series? The ONLY other housewives with series spinoffs have been Lisa Vanderpump and Bethenny Frankel. Appearing on someone else's show is not a series to be credited under a housewife's name. If we are judging that way, then NeNe and Kenya (and Brandi Glanville, Kyle Richards et al) have all had failed series in that they've only appeared in one season of The Apprentice.

Can the public not see the success of Bedroom Kandi? NeNe's clothing (ugly cutout shoulders notwithstanding)? We have to at least be fair in discussing things lest we fail in the light of obvious bias. Let's not act like Porsha is some mogul just to satisfy an argument.

Edited by sunsheyen
more punctuation
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

Nobody ever said anything about money making a person happy. This wasn't about that. Even with all of what you consider Kandi's failures, she is still laps and laps ahead of her fellow Atlanta HWs in terms of success, both financially and business-wise. Yes, even compared to Porsha.

Yet, with less  money, Porsha also owns her house and is getting the accolades Kandi strives for.  Remember when Porsha was telling Kandi of all the businesses and accomplishments she wanted to make and Kandi tried to tell her she couldn't handle all that at once.  But Porsha did and is handling it.  That's what is making me root for her.  I also feel she will probably be the next to leave RHOA as she gets more offers.  Phaedra is heading towards a political career so she will probably be right behind her.

Porsha owns a house, but lets hope she can afford to keep it. She could always get a loan from Kandi, I suppose...

I don't want to sound like I'm not rooting for Porsha, I really do wish her all the best. But she is years and years from being anywhere near being able to play in the same league as Kandi does.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

Yet, with less  money, Porsha also owns her house and is getting the accolades Kandi strives for.  Remember when Porsha was telling Kandi of all the businesses and accomplishments she wanted to make and Kandi tried to tell her she couldn't handle all that at once.  But Porsha did and is handling it.  That's what is making me root for her.  I also feel she will probably be the next to leave RHOA as she gets more offers.  Phaedra is heading towards a political career so she will probably be right behind her.

http://mtonews.com/shocker-porsha-atlanta-housewives-just-lost-775k-lawsuit-putting-lien-new-house/

Accolades? Credits? Awards?

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/kandi-burruss-mn0000854249/credits

The Grammys are easy enough to search.

Not trying to be funny, but come on. There is nothing Porsha has that Kandi STRIVES for. Even if we want to be petty, Kandi has the husband, kids, money, homes (plural), business achievements that Porsha wants (and is only about 6 years younger than her). While Porsha was twerking in a video, Kandi was making money off of songs.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

fame.

whoo chile. Kandi has never been a fame whore. Hence her Bojangles dinners, paid off homes, low key lifestyle, big bank account, no need for showiness, and lack of publicity seeking...didn't hear much of her before being cast on RHOA while she was still raking in bucks. Everyone isn't driven by outside attention. God bless.

Speaking of attention seeking...I wonder why the cast/production doesn't call shenanigans on Marlo showing up for tapings after her homophobic slurs. I sure as hell wouldn't let her on my set and Sheree isn't enough of a big dog to make demands. Then for her to try to shill for her web show on our airtime? Hell naw.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Aging Goth said:

fame.

Kandi was in a HUGE group that still gets radio play.  Kandi has, and has had plenty of fame.  XTC was far bigger than dish nation will ever, ever be.  And she was able to accomplish that without benefit of RH.  Because let's be honest, dish nation is great, but its shown at very off times at best.  It's not like it's getting porsha so much more exposure to a new audience.  Without HW she would be just as famous as anyone else on DN.  Which isnt that much.  With the exception of brat, who was famous before.

They are all about the same level of famous right now.  And if we want to talk about news correspondence, then Claudia Jordan is very famous too.

Now that could easily change as porsha has the personality for a daytime talk show, IMO.  Or maybe even an updated fashion police if they ever do that again.  But she could mess that chance up in a heartbeat with her own behavior.  

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

And yes, money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does buy you a roof over your head...something Sheree and Porsha and more than a few others need to take note of.

True.

Also the reason why Kandi has ventures that haven't been as successful as others is cause she enters into so many so the numbers will be higher and she is able to do so because of the SUCCESS she has achieved, is achieving through other ventures.

She's not DEPENDENT on some of her ventures so she can take more risks and the more risks the higher possibility of failure.

Point being she's got a steady stream of financial security through some very talented measures and skill.

I do think she throws her hat into too many things and I'm not a fan of people who think they can wear five hundred different professional hats. That's a bit arrogant to assume you can be a wiz in any endeavour you chose to park yourself in. It's ridiculous. I do believe between her and Todd they have a lot to offer in any business venture in their area and in their wheel house and I wish they would reign in their focus and really knock something out of the park. At the same time I have a strong feeling that Kandi has got her financial situation extremely well put together and running like clockwork so as long as she's got that running independently and smoothly she doesn't need to be so restrictive with her multiple business visions and decides to aim big and bold with new ideas because frankly she can.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

http://mtonews.com/shocker-porsha-atlanta-housewives-just-lost-775k-lawsuit-putting-lien-new-house/

Accolades? Credits? Awards?

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/kandi-burruss-mn0000854249/credits

The Grammys are easy enough to search.

Not trying to be funny, but come on. There is nothing Porsha has that Kandi STRIVES for. Even if we want to be petty, Kandi has the husband, kids, money, homes (plural), business achievements that Porsha wants (and is only about 6 years younger than her). While Porsha was twerking in a video, Kandi was making money off of songs.

I was confused too. Kandi STRIVING for????

She don't need to strive for something she's already attained.

These new projects of hers is her letting loose and doing what she want to do cause she's already been recognized. She's already set. She's already hit the big time so now she can just coast and attempt new business ventures branch out into things she's wanted to try without the worry of going broke. I mean sure it's possible if you misstep and mishandle your time and money but I got a feeling that she's got her real wealth separate and working FOR her in a different section of her finances while all these projects and ventures come from a different budgeting set up and system. I don't think for one second Kandi doesn't know where her money is going, if it's working for or against her and whether or not she can afford to take some chances.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Kandi was in a HUGE group that still gets radio play.  Kandi has, and has had plenty of fame.  XTC was far bigger than dish nation will ever, ever be.  And she was able to accomplish that without benefit of RH.  Because let's be honest, dish nation is great, but its shown at very off times at best.  It's not like it's getting porsha so much more exposure to a new audience.  Without HW she would be just as famous as anyone else on DN.  Which isnt that much.  With the exception of brat, who was famous before.

They are all about the same level of famous right now.  And if we want to talk about news correspondence, then Claudia Jordan is very famous too.

Now that could easily change as porsha has the personality for a daytime talk show, IMO.  Or maybe even an updated fashion police if they ever do that again.  But she could mess that chance up in a heartbeat with her own behavior.  

What's XTC?

• Love 1

I mean sure it's possible if you misstep and mishandle your time and money but I got a feeling that she's got her real wealth separate and working FOR her in a different section of her finances while all these projects and ventures come from a different budgeting set up and system. I don't think for one second Kandi doesn't know where her money is going, if it's working for or against her and whether or not she can afford to take some chances.

Yeah. Kandi is rich not just because she is successful, but unlike many other HWs, she keeps a tight handle on her finances and knows how to live within her means (sometimes to point of being a bit frugal, and I say that as a fan of hers). She definitely seems to know how to manage her money. Even if the restaurant is a total and complete flop, it probably wouldn't put a huge dent it her lifestyle, and as as others have said, at worst, it could just be a tax write-off for her.

The other women on this show could do well to take a page or 3 from her book.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 9
On 1/31/2017 at 10:08 AM, booboopbedoo said:

Me too- that butt is sucking more brain cells from the poor thing!

What is with the huge knockers hanging out??? Do women in Atlanta really dress like that?

according to my friend who lives out there, the answer is that the HW dress relatively conservatively.  

I think my favorite story was when she told me she saw a guy at her gym wearing a mermaid tail.  And not a special gym either, just the pool at the LA Fitness.

I really need to get out there for a visit.

• Love 3
On Friday, February 3, 2017 at 11:14 AM, Watermelon said:

The one who dragged Marlo.  And why was she all up under Kenya if she was Kandi's guest?

It looks like she's trying to worm her way onto the show.  I guess she figures she'll get more leverage if she joins the antagonists against Porsha and Sheree in her quest to get a peach.  Plus, she was Miss Teen Michigan so I guess she felt a kinship with Kenya since they are both pageant broads.

On 2/3/2017 at 0:50 PM, sunsheyen said:

Not trying to be funny, but come on. There is nothing Porsha has that Kandi STRIVES for. 

To clarify....  Yes, fame.  Kandi has no real other need to be on this show except for to get her name out there, reclaim the status she had years, past.  She has money, she has a complete family, right now it appears she wants for nothing but..... here she is.  Dealing with people she really don't like.  She even stated that she has NO friends on this show.  So why stay?  If her business is doing well, why stay?  Why was she so angry and hostile towards Nene?  and Now, why Porsha?  There's nothing else.

Nene went on the show and jetted from an unknown actress to a household name all over the world.  Even though some don't think so, she has also excelled in the fashion world.  She has been everywhere and when she was a name mentioned all the time Kandi couldn't stand the sight of her.  Nene even asked Kandi why she was so hostile towards her.  Nene succeeded where Kandi failed by starring in two broadway shows, having a clothing line that is now well known, and have starred on three major shows.

Porsha (the dumb one) whom she warned not to get into so many businesses, has also been on two major shows, has a permanent spot on Dish Nation, has two successful business projects, is a commentator on a major network new program and is getting recognized all over the country.

Kandi indeed does have more money the both Nene and Porsha combined.  She is the only person on RHOA who still has a husband (except Nene who left the show) so why is she still on this show?

• Love 4