Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E07: It's Expensive To Be Me

• Start Topic

I wonder if there's more history to the Eden/Kyle thing than we see.  She was a contemporary of Kim's, ran in the same circles, correct?

She wasn't a contemporary of Kim's. She says her sister was, but Eden was way too young to be a part of that circle of folks. Her link to the Richards is extremely tenuous, as it is likely that Eden never actually met Kim when Kim was hanging with Eden's sister. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

She wasn't a contemporary of Kim's. She says her sister was, but Eden was way too young to be a part of that circle of folks. Her link to the Richards is extremely tenuous, as it is likely that Eden never actually met Kim when Kim was hanging with Eden's sister. 

Eden's belief in the value of her cautionary tale is odd when you consider that she herself got no value from the cautionary tale of her sister.

• Love 14

I think Eileen may have met her match in Dorit.  That was the weirdest lunch lemon water conversation.  It brought a smile to my face to see Eileen struggle trying to figure out what Dorit's point was.  And then there was the disbelief that she was being confrontational during the "walk", and that she brings up pantygate ALL the time...delusional much?  -although on that note, I wouldn't mind an episode featuring her and the Rinnstigator attempting to be EJ's back up dancers.. with real choreography and professional dancers. That should be worth a few laughs.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Maharincess, I don't totally disagree with you on this; IMO, they definitely have every right to vent about stuff that did actually happen and directly involves them, i.e., they were present for it (and, yeah, the people Kim has messed with are not obligated to shove it under the rug). But something about the way Lisa Rinna talks about it--she acts like she has good, solid info but she doesn't, simply because she is not a close friend who would be filled in on such things. I think this bugs her. She's just being a gossip who wants people--newcomer Eden in this case--to think she's "in the know" or something. She's interested in relevance and not recovery, IMO.

This. I pretty much think Kim has invited every negative opinion she's received but I also foolishly thought Rinna had turned a corner when she apologized last week (I didn't think it was sincere but she remained calm & didn't get baited back into another fight). Rinna thinks Kim's a mess, thinks she's still drinking - fine. And for her and Eden to draw a parallel between their sisters and Kim - I kind of get that even if it might be an over-reaction. But the intense-talking, hand-holding death watch makes the whole topic a bit of a joke. Are Rinna and Eileen such a big get for RH that their story lines for the past two seasons can simply consist of finger pointing?   

11 hours ago, izabella said:

The irony is there was nothing sexy about her performance.  I laughed my ass off when Kyle was saying something about how she and Erika have different lives and that it's great Erika is happy doing her thing.  Happy?  Erika doesn't ever look happy to me, and that includes while dancing and patting her puss.

One more time I side-eyed Kyle was when she called Erika "happy". That's not a word I would ever attribute to her. I'm also tired of watching Erika Jayne and think of those segments the same as I do when Rinna & Eileen are on screen - we're watching her do this because she doesn't want to reveal anything about her real life.

I know I'm alone on this but I was super uncomfortable during LVP's visit with the attorney and I felt bad for Max. I don't doubt that Lisa loves her family but she's had 24 years to live with the details of Max's adoption and to let him know she didn't want him to search. The process Max is going through can be really difficult (and frankly if the attorney had non-identifying info kept on file that would almost certainly mean Lisa & Ken would know it already). I understand Max is not the most verbal of the RH kids but he let the cameras in, he let LVP & Ken in, the dog got to luxuriate on the desk. Let him have a moment to take this stuff in.    

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

This. I pretty much think Kim has invited every negative opinion she's received but I also foolishly thought Rinna had turned a corner when she apologized last week (I didn't think it was sincere but she remained calm & didn't get baited back into another fight). Rinna thinks Kim's a mess, thinks she's still drinking - fine. And for her and Eden to draw a parallel between their sisters and Kim - I kind of get that even if it might be an over-reaction. But the intense-talking, hand-holding death watch makes the whole topic a bit of a joke. Are Rinna and Eileen such a big get for RH that their story lines for the past two seasons can simply consist of finger pointing?   

One more time I side-eyed Kyle was when she called Erika "happy". That's not a word I would ever attribute to her. I'm also tired of watching Erika Jayne and think of those segments the same as I do when Rinna & Eileen are on screen - we're watching her do this because she doesn't want to reveal anything about her real life.

I know I'm alone on this but I was super uncomfortable during LVP's visit with the attorney and I felt bad for Max. I don't doubt that Lisa loves her family but she's had 24 years to live with the details of Max's adoption and to let him know she didn't want him to search. The process Max is going through can be really difficult (and frankly if the attorney had non-identifying info kept on file that would almost certainly mean Lisa & Ken would know it already). I understand Max is not the most verbal of the RH kids but he let the cameras in, he let LVP & Ken in, the dog got to luxuriate on the desk. Let him have a moment to take this stuff in.    

Well, I dunno, it is real life about Max.  Maybe he wanted his parents there.  Conference table.

Love those points about Rinna/Eileen.  Out-positiving each other all the way.  Sublimely funny.

About Erika, I, too, wonder about her real life.  She will age, and then what? She has a child she never mentions.  Does she hope for grandchildren?  Her husband will likely predecease her.  She seems lonely to me.  I hope she has something in her life other than this.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, kassa said:

I wonder if there's more history to the Eden/Kyle thing than we see.  She was a contemporary of Kim's, ran in the same circles, correct?  Which means she's got dirt on both Kim AND Kathy, and they sit down to lunch and she starts in on Big Kathy.  Hmmm...

Now, if her intentions were purely noble, the way to do that (not on tv) is not to pepper the poor woman with personal questions, but to tell her own freakin' story and let Kyle ask HER about it.  Volunteer that HER mother/father/grandmother was an addict, there's a serious genetic component, she has concerns about possibly passing it on to her kids, etc.  (Note, probably none of this should be happening in an initial get to know you lunch! Just pointing out that there are ways to bond with somebody over very personal shared experiences, but the only way to do so is to offer up yours and hope they reciprocate)

A very pregnant Dorit was on Celeb Apprentice with PK, giving Boy George 80k for some candy he was selling.  She looked VERY different in the face -- not sure if she had post-birth work done or it was all pregnancy bloat. But kudos to her for getting that body back!

Every time I start liking Rinna she pulls more crap.  Sigh.

Never had a hankering to see Greece or Malibu (always was astonished that rich people would pay so much to live right on top of each other) but damn, the views in both places were to die for.  

No incorrect.  At the beginning of Game Night, Kim asks Kyle what she knows of Eden and Kyle says nothing.   Catya Sasson was four years younger than Kim.  There only time working together was in 1984, when Kim was 19/20 years old and Catya was15 /16.  Eden would have been 11 years old and Kyle 15 years old.  Kim was with Monty and shortly after the movie was released became pregnant and married Monty.  The other super stars in the movie, James Spader 24 years of age at the time of filming and Robert Downey Jr., 19 years of age, went on to film a lot of movies and were part of the '80s Brat Pack.  Catya nor Kim are part of Brat Pack.  Eden's big recollection is RDJ and maybe Kim, it is unclear from her double talk. may have been at the Sassoon family home (the former home of Frank Stallone-for some reason she finds that relevant) and RDJ liked playing the piano, and she had a crush on Kim.  Any dirt Eden may have run cross probably comes from the same sources we read.  Eden never even spoke with Kim. I think Eden was taken back when Kyle didn't call her mother an alcoholic. 

I noticed a pattern with Eden, "my sister and Kim worked on their first film together," it was her sister's first film, certainly not Kim's, and their one and only time working together.  To me, it gives the vibe that she and Kim went on to other projects together or they got their start in Hollywood together.  One thing for certain neither Kim nor Kyle ever sported a Sassoon haircut.

From Eden's blog she is trying way too hard to create familiarity with the Richards family where none truly exists. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, mothmonsterman said:

Hmm, I wonder if the pill popping housewife is Eden.  She seems the most likely candidate, it was Xanax that they were accusing the person of taking, right?  She seems like the most bland/even keeled one.  

I suspect it is

Spoiler

Rinna. In the preview Dorit talks about Rinna showing them a baggie of pills!

44 minutes ago, kassa said:

I wonder if there's more history to the Eden/Kyle thing than we see.  She was a contemporary of Kim's, ran in the same circles, correct?  Which means she's got dirt on both Kim AND Kathy, and they sit down to lunch and she starts in on Big Kathy.  Hmmm...

Now, if her intentions were purely noble, the way to do that (not on tv) is not to pepper the poor woman with personal questions, but to tell her own freakin' story and let Kyle ask HER about it.  Volunteer that HER mother/father/grandmother was an addict, there's a serious genetic component, she has concerns about possibly passing it on to her kids, etc.  (Note, probably none of this should be happening in an initial get to know you lunch! Just pointing out that there are ways to bond with somebody over very personal shared experiences, but the only way to do so is to offer up yours and hope they reciprocate)

A very pregnant Dorit was on Celeb Apprentice with PK, giving Boy George 80k for some candy he was selling.  She looked VERY different in the face -- not sure if she had post-birth work done or it was all pregnancy bloat. But kudos to her for getting that body back!

Every time I start liking Rinna she pulls more crap.  Sigh.

Never had a hankering to see Greece or Malibu (always was astonished that rich people would pay so much to live right on top of each other) but damn, the views in both places were to die for.  

Eden met Kim when her sister/Kim/RDJ were filming the movie and the three would be at her family's house. Other than that, she didn't know Kim or Kathy as both were/are a bit older than Eden.

39 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

Most likely.  Erika would had taken Eileen if she wasn't working maybe.   Eileen is a regular Erika kiss ass. 

I suspect that production wanted Erika to bond with someone other than Eileen or even Rinna, hence Kyle going.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, NewGranny said:

I agree with you.

My mother is an addict (prescription pills).  She can go through long periods of time where she can control it, but when she does start using again, it is usually bad.  Last June she had a pretty bad episode (the police were involved) and I let her have it and told her that she is not allowed to be alone with my granddaughter any longer.  That was the price she had to pay for messing up.  Fast forward to this past October when I lost my husband to a heart attack.  My mother has been there for me and my daughter every minute.  She recently asked about seeing my granddaughter again.  I discussed it with my daughter and we both decided that now was the time to let her.  I know every sign that shows if she has been taking something and I have not seen anything, so we are willing to slowly give her a chance.  I don't bring up her episode.  We are living in the new present and I want to make sure that she has hope and something to stay clean for.

Also, this does not make me an enabler.  I am the first person that will call her on her shit and make sure that she suffers for it.  I do not giver her money or anything else.  A therapist once told me that if you take away all hope from and addict, what do they have left to live for?

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I hope your mother continues to do well.  

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I suspect that production wanted Erika to bond with someone other than Eileen or even Rinna, hence Kyle going.

My theory-Eileen is boring and Kyle is more fun and if there is a free trip to be handed out-Kyle has seniority. I don't think Erika cares for Rinna.  As the season progresses I think we will see her lean more towards LVP and Kyle.  of course it will be difficult to remove that barnacle from her butt that is Eileen.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

Don't like Eden's intensity.  She's an odd duck IMO.  Why would a complete stranger become immediately fixated on "helping" Kim or Kyle? All of her California zen hippy aura vibing just comes across as phony posing to me.  Kyle didn't look cold or impolite at her home. Don't try to investigate Kyle's family's psycho-dynamic...deal with your own.  From the sounds of it, Eden has some serious familial issues of her own.  I guess it would be OK for her, as a fellow recovering addict, to say something like "I've been there.  If you ever want to talk..." or "I go to meetings at XXX and the group is great.  If you ever want to come, let me know".  Put your offer of assistance & support out there, but no need to become a stalker over it.  And does she need to start every sentence with "As sober women, we should..."? I understand maintaining sobriety is a struggle and takes a lot of strength.  It's important to acknowledge your recovery and to be comfortable letting others know you don't drink or drug. But is it part of any program to label yourself in every and all conversations?  Like when she goes to the Post Office, does she say, "As a sober woman, I choose the Forever Flag stamps." 

Can we please be done with the fucking underwear story now?  If I promise to pay homage to the Victoria's Secret & Fredrick's of Hollywood deities, can I never hear about Erika's pubic peek-a-boo with PK?

And speaking of Erika...I really do like her.  Not a big fan of her music or stage persona, but she's an interesting Housewife.  I do not like her hired handler Mikey.  Like the panty story, there's just too much of him.  He's exhausting.  We get it...you're fabulous. You don't have a real job. You live in a closet at Casa Girardi, & you're surrounded by items worth more than the GNP of Europe.  If Erika is going to keep him as a pet, she needs to get a handful of whatever Doggy Downers LVP gives to Giggy and Ken and calm him the F down.

Eileen and Rinna have worn out their welcome.  Eileen had been a voice of somewhat reason in the past, and Rinna and her loose lips were entertaining up to a point.  But they have come unglued.  I don't want to hear Eileen replay every. single. conversation. she's ever had.  I don't want to watch Rinna digging up dirt and innuendos like a malnourished rat terrier going after a vole.

This is what always got me in seasons past. Now granted Kim was a hot mess but I never understood this need for Kim to be brought into a sitting or a lunch or a conversation where it looked like they were expecting her to regularly make certain declarations regarding her sobriety, relapse, addiction etc. Like even if you suspect she's fallen off the wagon I'm not understanding this anticipation all of the time that Kim was suppose to make mention of that part of her life whenever she met up with these women. It's like you expect someone to come into the office and announce to the staff that you're having a herpes flair up......I mean you can catch me scratching my crotch all day. Doesn't mean I should have to admit to you that I'm having a flair up like some PSA.

And using this same example I find it completely confusing if lets say someone finds out their co-worker does have herpes and they go to them asking for confirmation then getting mad when its denied even if you know for a fact that do have it. Then, once it does officially comes out, to keep pushing them to reveal each time they have a flair up.....????? I'm not understanding why someone is supposed to accept that intrusion.

(Sorry for the gross example but hey)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, NewGranny said:

I agree with you.

My mother is an addict (prescription pills).  She can go through long periods of time where she can control it, but when she does start using again, it is usually bad.  Last June she had a pretty bad episode (the police were involved) and I let her have it and told her that she is not allowed to be alone with my granddaughter any longer.  That was the price she had to pay for messing up.  Fast forward to this past October when I lost my husband to a heart attack.  My mother has been there for me and my daughter every minute.  She recently asked about seeing my granddaughter again.  I discussed it with my daughter and we both decided that now was the time to let her.  I know every sign that shows if she has been taking something and I have not seen anything, so we are willing to slowly give her a chance.  I don't bring up her episode.  We are living in the new present and I want to make sure that she has hope and something to stay clean for.

Also, this does not make me an enabler.  I am the first person that will call her on her shit and make sure that she suffers for it.  I do not giver her money or anything else.  A therapist once told me that if you take away all hope from and addict, what do they have left to live for?

Exactly... Wondering what's so hard about this concept to understand.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

This is what always got me in seasons past. Now granted Kim was a hot mess but I never understood this need for Kim to be brought into a sitting or a lunch or a conversation where it looked like they were expecting her to regularly make certain declarations regarding her sobriety, relapse, addiction etc. Like even if you suspect she's fallen off the wagon I'm not understanding this anticipation all of the time that Kim was suppose to make mention of that part of her life whenever she met up with these women. It's like you expect someone to come into the office and announce to the staff that you're having a herpes flair up......

And using this same example I find it completely confusing if lets say someone finds out their co-worker does have herpes and they go to them asking for confirmation then getting mad when its denied even if you know for a fact that do have it. Then, once it does officially comes out, to keep pushing them to reveal each time they have a flair up.....????? I'm not understanding why someone is supposed to accept that intrusion.

(Sorry for the gross example but hey)

Part of me gets their point. Lets use your example. I agree with you 100% unless that co-worker keeps drinking from their glass or taking bites from their lunches or coughing in their faces without covering her mouth/nose and she puts all her co workers at risk at catching it. Kim has put some of these women at risk when she was drunk/high around them and or made their jobs harder. I get that part and understand that frustration.

That said, they could have dealt with Kim off camera or gone to the producers with their concerns, again, off camera. Then it came to a head in the limo on game night 2 years ago and no one could ignore how bad/out of control Kim was, They tried to deal with it and moved on until Brandi decided to use Kim as her own way out of trouble and threw Kim under the Rinna bus. Now, we find ourselves in a different space, Kim is "sober" and is trying to move on but Rinna has decided to try and strike gold a second time by going in on her and using Eden to do it, much like Brandi used her. Yes, Kim brought it all up in trying to show that Rinna/Eileen like to tag team the others but there was no reason for Rinna to go as low as she did nor was it that bad that Rinna had to spew her garbage to Eden.

All that said, after all this time, Rinna needs to stop using the others for her storyline and start using her own life for 1.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Kyle's on a show that she brought her sister onto because she thought it would be good for her and I don't know how anyone who has met Kim would come to that conclusion. Now she's doing a show based on her life with her mom. Eden's questioning was absolutely ridiculous. I just find the positions Kyle takes with her family interesting and a bit sad. I don't think she owes Eden or anyone else an explanation but when I watch Kyle I just see mountains of denial.

I'm really interested in Kyle's positions regarding her family too - wondering if she hasn't quite figured it all out, or if she just wants to avoid a discussion about it. In any case, I'm glad that she has been able to build a happy, loving family of her own.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Marley said:

LVPs scenes with Max were nice too but it just distracted me that she was crying but there was no tears lol.

Really - but those fake tears turned a scene about Max into a scene about her. It was also interesting how she kept calling Max "mine" - even saying that she already "got the best parts" so why worry about his birth parents. LVP continues to creep me out.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Not talking about it or being "forbidden" to discuss it is enabling behavior.

I thought Rinna describing enabling as not withholding love and/or money was pretty simplistic. If Kyle doesn't want to share I don't really see how it is enabling.  Maybe she just doesn't feel it is her story to tell or she doesn't want Kim's issues taking over her life or she doesn't have answers.  I can understand if it were someone very close to Kyle or Kim inquiring who had been dragged into last year's events of arrest and escape from rehab speaking with Kyle but then again they would probably already know or not ask her on camera.

Difficult journey to be a part of for Kyle. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Part of me gets their point. Lets use your example. I agree with you 100% unless that co-worker keeps drinking from their glass or taking bites from their lunches or coughing in their faces without covering her mouth/nose and she puts all her co workers at risk at catching it. Kim has put some of these women at risk when she was drunk/high around them and or made their jobs harder. I get that part and understand that frustration.

That said, they could have dealt with Kim off camera or gone to the producers with their concerns, again, off camera. Then it came to a head in the limo on game night 2 years ago and no one could ignore how bad/out of control Kim was, They tried to deal with it and moved on until Brandi decided to use Kim as her own way out of trouble and threw Kim under the Rinna bus. Now, we find ourselves in a different space, Kim is "sober" and is trying to move on but Rinna has decided to try and strike gold a second time by going in on her and using Eden to do it, much like Brandi used her. Yes, Kim brought it all up in trying to show that Rinna/Eileen like to tag team the others but there was no reason for Rinna to go as low as she did nor was it that bad that Rinna had to spew her garbage to Eden.

All that said, after all this time, Rinna needs to stop using the others for her storyline and start using her own life for 1.

I understand their frustration of course but it doesn't condone the way they choose to voice their reservations.

And continually harassing that co worker to spill what they already know doesn't really serve any purpose or make any sense if we are looking at it from a personal safety point of view. They all already had the information they needed in order to move forward in however manner they felt would protect themselves the most. Personally I find the whole personal safety aspect of it all laughable but will concede there is a smidgen of relevance to that angle however after the umpteenth time it was brought up in a group setting.......no danger in site........

So yes I do agree that they could have handled it in a more mature and direct way but instead they let it feed their own storylines. I found that part truly reprehensible.

30 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Well if people are only talking about it to feed their blood thirst then yeah I think it should be forbidden to talk about. <shrug>

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I thought Rinna describing enabling as not withholding love and/or money was pretty simplistic. If Kyle doesn't want to share I don't really see how it is enabling.  Maybe she just doesn't feel it is her story to tell or she doesn't want Kim's issues taking over her life or she doesn't have answers.  I can understand if it were someone very close to Kyle or Kim inquiring who had been dragged into last year's events of arrest and escape from rehab speaking with Kyle but then again they would probably already know or not ask her on camera.

Difficult journey to be a part of for Kyle. 

Exactly. And maybe she doesn't want to discuss it with Rinna, on national tv, to be picked apart as fodder for a story line by people who should keep their self-appointed expert opinions to themselves.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, esco1822 said:

I'm going to hold off judgment on Eden for now since I think she legit wants to be helpful and is buying ALL of what Rinna is selling. Sure she was super pushy with Kyle and it was inappropriate but I feel like Rinna set up that dynamic by making it sound like Kim is standing at death's door turning the nob.  I feel like next week will kind of seal Eden's fate after she's talked to Kim.  I'm mostly distracted by all of her tattoos and her bad boob job so i'm hoping she gets a clue that Rinna's word is not to be trusted. I agree with previous posters, lots of projection there.

Loved the Vanderpump scenes tonight, all of them. Only parts worth watching. I'm pretty over Erika and I'm DEFINITELY over Mikey. I can't even stand the sound of his voice. He is THE WORST. 

It's still just none of her business.  At the most, she could tell Kyle that she's available to talk if Kyle wants to, but that's it.  And when Kyle is just sitting there giving you a look and answering in monosyllables, take a clue and back off.  Kyle didn't hire you to be her therapist.

The "TrashTalk TV" recaps are hilarious in the way that the guy describes Mikey :)

4 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I've been puzzling over who she's referring to--as you say, if you're offended by Erika Jayne, wouldn't you be equally offended by, say, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, or some other more prominent female star? (In other words, someone much more notable.) The pop landscape isn't exactly full of Doris Day wannabes at this moment. The only thing I can figure is that she is referring to some of Tom's friends. Because why expend that kind of energy on EJ otherwise? (Or she's just hyping herself)

Erika doesn't really register for me (in other words I don't feel strongly about her) But, I'm more surprised by how small her sense of humor is. 

I think she just enjoys thinking of herself as outrageous.  I'm sure she's think I was just a jealous hater if she found out that I think it's silly and a waste of time and money.  But I like Erika anyway.

3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Bravo.  Here is Eden's take:

I asked Kyle a lot of questions at lunch.  Questions she did not want to hear or think about.  But after Rinna told me Kyle was an enabler, I felt like I had to get to know Kyle and understand where she is coming from to help Kim.  Because I didn't feel a very welcoming energy at #Game Night.  I wanted to make it my mission to get to know Kyle, and for Kyle to get to know meI think she will find out soon enough I have a #HUGE heart.  And as someone who knows the pain of being an addict, I don't care who it is, or if I am close to them or not, want to help!  There is such an amazing life that comes from being sober and living your #Truth.  I want that for anyone struggling.  And if Kyle chooses not to talk about it with me, or her sister, I just hope Kim knows that I am always here. 

Maybe it is me all I see is a whole lot of I and me in Eden's statement.  She is also a master of the obvious and I am unclear what she wanted Kyle to do to make her feel more welcome.  After the won't let go of Kim after Kim offered her condolences, I pretty much had had enough of Eden.  Perhaps Eden should have extended an invitation to Kim (on or off camera) to have a session or two at her Pilates studio.

Eden, who can't seem to get out of her own way, continues with:

Kyle thought I was being invasive asking questions about her mom.  I didn't mean to make her feel like that, but as the daughter of a recovering alcoholic, (my mother), I know it comes from somewhere.  I know it comes from somewhere.  The more you know about how it started or who it may have been passed from, the more you can learn about yourself.  It helps the whole sobriety process.  One day I hope Kyle recognizes where I am coming from.

Note to Self:  You can't take it personally when others aren't ready to look at the deeper meaning of things.  #These Things Take Time

Kyle realizes Eden is coming from a position of trying to become famous and is desperately trying to find commonality it anything Kyle or Kim Richards.  Eden needs to work on getting herself well and forget about Kim or living life as one long therapy session.  We already have Eileen for that role.

Yes - it's all about Eden.  If I didn't dislike her already I would after reading this with all the ### - what does that even mean?  

2 hours ago, AnitaKnight said:

I completely agree.

I have no personal experience living/dealing with an addict the way these women are/have, so excuse me if my question is naive, but I really don't see how reopening wounds and dwelling on what the addicts low points were can be helpful in their current recovery.  If Kim is struggling every day to maintain whatever level of sobriety she has, I don't think it's helpful to stress her with old arguments about how she behaved during some of her low moments.  Yes, she's been nasty and mean to people, but if they truly wanted to help her they'd let the past be the past and deal in the present situation.  Jmo, like I said, this is far from my area of expertise.

The recovery point is that the addict is supposed to go to people they have hurt and make amends, which can take different amounts of time according to the individual.  It is not for the people they hurt to come and insist upon the apologies and accuse them of "not doing it right" if they don't get satisfaction upon demand.  (Remember George Costanza demanding the apology from James Spader on Seinfeld? :)

2 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Most likely.  Erika would had taken Eileen if she wasn't working maybe.   Eileen is a regular Erika kiss ass. 

She probably didn't want to have to discuss pantygate for the entire trip!  Kyle would be way more fun :)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Well, I dunno, it is real life about Max.  Maybe he wanted his parents there.  Conference table.

Love those points about Rinna/Eileen.  Out-positiving each other all the way.  Sublimely funny.

About Erika, I, too, wonder about her real life.  She will age, and then what? She has a child she never mentions.  Does she hope for grandchildren?  Her husband will likely predecease her.  She seems lonely to me.  I hope she has something in her life other than this.

Her paid pussy primping posse will hang with her as long as the money holds out or until someone richer and younger comes along.

• Love 14
32 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

But, we don't know what happens off camera and neither does Lisa.  Kyle seems to be asking people who don't know shit about the situation to stop talking about it. That's not enabling. That's telling people to stop talking about it with her. I guess most people who have dealt with addiction are enablers, simply because they don't want every acquaintance constantly telling them what they should do about the addict.  I'm sure Kyle has experienced much worse than the Limo ride from hell, so take a damn seat Lisa. 

I'm no fan of Kim. I think she is a huge asshole who is toxic to be around. But, just call her an asshole who is toxic to be around. This faux concern over addiction is obnoxious and does not come from a place of concern. This is about getting a pound of flesh.

Eden?  That was really uncomfortable and weird.

• Love 22
25 minutes ago, princelina said:

The recovery point is that the addict is supposed to go to people they have hurt and make amends, which can take different amounts of time according to the individual.  It is not for the people they hurt to come and insist upon the apologies and accuse them of "not doing it right" if they don't get satisfaction upon demand.  (Remember George Costanza demanding the apology from James Spader on Seinfeld? :)

She probably didn't want to have to discuss pantygate for the entire trip!  Kyle would be way more fun :)

Preach!

19 minutes ago, CatMomma said:

But, we don't know what happens off camera and neither does Lisa.  Kyle seems to be asking people who don't know shit about the situation to stop talking about it. That's not enabling. That's telling people to stop talking about it with her. I guess most people who have dealt with addiction are enablers, simply because they don't want every acquaintance constantly telling them what they should do about the addict.  I'm sure Kyle has experienced much worse than the Limo ride from hell, so take a damn seat Lisa. 

I'm no fan of Kim. I think she is a huge asshole who is toxic to be around. But, just call her an asshole who is toxic to be around. This faux concern over addiction is obnoxious and does not come from a place of concern. This is about getting a pound of flesh.

Eden?  That was really uncomfortable and weird.

My sentiments since seasons past...

I feel like that's all it's ever been about.  (Even with Kyle to a certain extent, not that she doesn't deserve a pound or two but still)

Icky!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree with her calling out Lisar. She nailed it as far as I am concerned. I only wish she would have done the same to her friend Brandi when Brandi said that Kyle wanted Kim to fail. That was far more harsh IMO and LVP didn't spend a lot of time in her blog calling Brandi out for it. Funny how she thinks that Eileen should have harsh words for Lisar talking smack about Kyle when she had none for Brandi when she was doing it. I also wonder why she didn't take a swipe at Eden? Her questioning of Kyle was offensive to say the least. Maybe she likes her. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree with her calling out Lisar. She nailed it as far as I am concerned. I only wish she would have done the same to her friend Brandi when Brandi said that Kyle wanted Kim to fail. That was far more harsh IMO and LVP didn't spend a lot of time in her blog calling Brandi out for it. Funny how she thinks that Eileen should have harsh words for Lisar talking smack about Kyle when she had none for Brandi when she was doing it. I also wonder why she didn't take a swipe at Eden? Her questioning of Kyle was offensive to say the least. Maybe she likes her. 

I'm still not convinced that there wasn't a tad of truth to it....

Just sayin'

Kyle spent a good amount of screen time being the bearer of this huge cross and now that she's sufficiently put her side of the story out there (and gotten beaten up a bit for her trouble) she is satisfied with it all dying down and not being the main focus anymore. 1) because she was taking a good amount of lumps for exposing this about her family so crudely and 2) she was able to air out her side of things to get the sympathy she was craving. I also think she didn't realize just how damaging her approach would have on her relationship with the family. I think the fracture was way more than Kyle could bear and decided to ease up on presenting that face of the oh so burdened sister to the world. 

I believe Brandi simply perceived all that as Kyle wanting Kim to fail when it was more like throwing Kim under the bus in order to get the recognition she felt she deserved.

Not trying to open that can of worms or anything but in the first few seasons and the seasons where Kim is completely out of it Kyle is very very very cruel and vindictive herself. Not saying their weren't reasons, I mean I get it, but Kyle was really letting her anger fly so I'm not surprised that Kyle's behavior was characterized as wanting Kim to fail that's all.

Again, I'm not saying there weren't reasons for Kyle's behavior just a reminder that Kyle wasn't always this even keeled when it came to issues surrounding her sister and maybe that's why nobody bothered to contradict what Brandi was saying.  It wasn't as if Brandi wasn't speaking from some sort of insight cause at that point Brandi had be spending a lot of time with Kim and had to be privy to some stuff first hand between the sisters. Whether it be Kim's accounts partnered with observing Kyle's treatment of Kim (outside of filming) can't deny that she probably had some sort of context to the madness.  Not like Rinna and her crystal meth uhhhhh ball....

LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Because LVP is all about LVP - and she is vindictive.  This was clearly her getting back at Lisar and Eileen - vs her pretext of defending Kim.   LVP only began to call out Blandie - when Blandie began questioning her as manipulative, etc.

Eden was way out of line in her questioning of Kyle, yet LVP chose to ignore that - even though Kyle is suppose to be a good friend.  I call Double Standard.

• Love 14
33 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I think Lisa realizes that Rinna is using Eden and so she blames Rinna not Eden. Lisa told Brandi to her face that she was wrong to believe that. She was not present for the Eden interrogating Kyle otherwise I do think she would have said something to her/ Rinna's face with much less about it in her blog.

I also think, from the previews,

Spoiler

that Lisa does address Eden's thirst of all things Kim. But as always, we will have to wait and see what actually happens.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Eden was way out of line in her questioning of Kyle, yet LVP chose to ignore that - even though Kyle is suppose to be a good friend.  I call Double Standard.

I think it is hard to call Eden out because she was so obviously set up by Rinna to be the interrogator. Look at the things that Rinna told Eden- Kim is mostly sober, Kim is close to death, Kyle is enabling Kim. These are all things that set off all kinds of warning bells to a recovering addict like Eden. So, while her questioning was inappropriate because she doesn't know the Richards sisters, it was also obviously at Rinna's prodding that it was happening at all. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

I'm really interested in Kyle's positions regarding her family too - wondering if she hasn't quite figured it all out, or if she just wants to avoid a discussion about it. In any case, I'm glad that she has been able to build a happy, loving family of her own.

I also wonder if alot of Kyle's hesitation in discussing her family has to to do with Kathy.  Kathy and kim seem closer and Kathy probably isn't happy no matter what Kyle says unless it's complete loyalty and defense of Kim.  I still remember when Kyle used came out on shows defending and praising Paris.  I used to think Kyle and Kathy were closer This was all pre housewives.  Idk it just seems Kathy holds Kyle to a different standard to Kim.  Didn't Kathy invite Brandi to some family party  in the middle of all the bs Brandi was saying about Kyle.  I don't think if it had been Kim and Brandi going after each other,  Brandi would be invited over to some Hilton party. (shrugs). 

• Love 8

When kyle was leaving her house early in the morning, closing the bedroom door after having a last minute talk with Maurico, it looked a lot like someone leaving their family to go on a business trip.  So yeah, Kyle took one for the team in order for Bravo to have a semblance of a reason for trekking out to Mykonos to film EJ.  Girlfriend does not need a free trip anywhere after all.  I'm sure she would ditch any all expense paid trip for Bravo to be on one of the fabulous trips she takes with her family.

I can understand Kyle not wanting some newbie digging around in her family business.  OTOH it's interesting.  Maybe Eden feels that the reason she's on the show is to help Kim, Kyle and their dysfunctional family.  

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I think it is hard to call Eden out because she was so obviously set up by Rinna to be the interrogator. Look at the things that Rinna told Eden- Kim is mostly sober, Kim is close to death, Kyle is enabling Kim. These are all things that set off all kinds of warning bells to a recovering addict like Eden. So, while her questioning was inappropriate because she doesn't know the Richards sisters, it was also obviously at Rinna's prodding that it was happening at all. 

One absolutely can call her out.  She said she did not know Kyle yet she was the one who decided to intrusively engage and grill Kyle like a nurse taking a family history on admittance. They ambushed her. Eden asks Kyle about the god damn ring and then heads right in not even seeing the change in Kyles demeanor.  Then the bitch keeps probing and probing ultimately making it all about her, not Kyle not Kim. Then Lisa takes a stab at Kyle. Kyle should have raised hell right then and there.

You don't know me but you are  grill, judge and tell me what to do. Hell of a way to get to know me.  Go drop an extra pill in your smoothie cleanse sister along with a healthy splash of vodka.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Speaking of Kyle and her family, was anyone else slightly surprised she had her mother's wedding ring? I wonder how many fights among the sisters that caused. Also shocked by it size, but not how tacky it was. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, racked said:

Speaking of Kyle and her family, was anyone else slightly surprised she had her mother's wedding ring? I wonder how many fights among the sisters that caused. Also shocked by it size, but not how tacky it was. 

I read Kyles book several years ago. She wrote that her mother had several pieces of jewelry and that she Kyle has always loved this ring even as a girl. She designed a different setting for the stone. Mama may have settled who was getting which rocks and that was that. I don't remember when she said she received the ring, if it was before or after her mother died.

• Love 8

A little levity courtesy of Trash Talk TV:  https://www.trashtalktv.com/01/17/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-enablervention/405481/

Enablervention-Discussion regarding where Kim got her alcoholism.

Okay if mom wasn't a textbook alcoholic.  Where did Kim get it from?

Kyle's officially pissed. "Does it have to come from somewhere?" Eden blinks her hamster eyes,, um, yes if addiction isn't genetic, it would mean having to take personal responsibility.  This is Los Angeles.  Get with it Kyle.

• Love 13
18 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I hate Dorit but with her white getup and crazy 80s new wave  video hair she did remind me that I really need to re-watch the movie Overboard.

"Andrew. Are you going to bring me a lemon ? Or do I have to squeeze it out of my hat? " 

IMG_2172.JPG

"Everybody wants to be me!" 

I love Overboard.  One of those underrated 80s movies that is hilarious.  Goldie Hawn is awesome.

Excellent analogy.  Dorito is definitely the Hawn character. 

I felt for Kyle during that terrible lunch.  Eden doesn't bother me too much but she should have called OC's Meghan PI if she wanted to get to the bottom of Drunkgate.  Kyle is NOT Kim's keeper, nor should she be treated as such.   If Kim is sober, great.  Let her be.  If she's not, I guarantee you that everyone in her family and circle know, including Kyle, and they most certainly would not wish to discuss it. 

From what I've read, Big Kathy was a mess.  She really seemed to have done a number on her children.  Kyle was the baby and yet she feels responsible for everything regarding Kim.  Kim was the family breadwinner for years; she must have or have had resentment over that.  Just a mess.

All things considered, Kyle seems very healthy to come from such dysfunction.  

I too loved seeing the house porn with Mauricio. 

I also burst out laughing at Harrison (I think?) asleep on the conference room table at the attorney's office in the scene with Max.  The Vanderpump-Todds do seem to love their children and their pets.   Lisa and Ken may have faults but that is not one of them.  Amazing that they wanted to adopt 4 more children and were denied based on their ages (and Lisa was 35!)  They certainly had the means to provide a nice, loving home to children so that's a damn shame. 

Ah, to be a member of Erika's pat-the-pus posse.  Greece looked stunning.   Makes me look forward to their trip to Hong Kong.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, racked said:

Well, it is possible that Kyle got that wedding ring, Kathy another and Kim the third, with a spare floating around because Kathy was married 4 times! LOL

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Well, it is possible that Kyle got that wedding ring, Kathy another and Kim the third, with a spare floating around because Kathy was married 4 times! LOL

They all could have had their favorites and none were the same.

• Love 7

Kim's inclusion on this show may invite criticism but these are all people beyond this show and Kim is a human being with a problem that she is trying to address. She's not always going to succeed and when she stumbles, there may be consequences attached. Expecting those close to her to engage in conversation that revisits old wounds and reminds them of their mistakes and weaknesses is not helpful way to support someone's sobriety. Having her family and/or close friends by her side to support her recovery is not enabling. Rinna stop trying to teach people vocabulary because you're a damn fool. An enabler is someone who ENCOURAGES destructive behaviour. Financially supporting someone's addition is an enabler. Supporting an addict by loving them and supporting their recovery is not an enabler. I just can't with this dumb bitch. She likes to flap those stupid inflated lips so much without a care to any inaccuracies or without any consideration for what she's saying. 

Rinna can think what she wants but her comments about Kim to Eden after the party is just proof of how little her apology means. And Eden...what was she going on about Kyle? It's fine if she didn't feel a vibe with Kyle but to insinuate that Kyle didn't make her feel welcome - everything about that flashback suggests someone who was warm and accommodating to a guest they just met in their home. Rinna was pretty over the top. No way would Rinna know the depths of Kim's addiction - none of us would know this because I doubt it's anything that the cameras have captured. I'm sure it's been far worse than what we've seen. Eden was absolutely inappropriate with her conversation with Kyle and if Rinna was truly Kyle's friend, she would have warned Eden against that or at least not sit on the sidelines like an idiot. By the way - when the camera was panning to scenes of Rinna at the table, I swear 'cat lady' kept popping out at me.  Yikes. Kyle is not the one that has to answer for Kim's actions so how about Rinna stop harassing her about it. 

Really felt for LVP during the adoption scene. And it's just confirmation for me that LVP hardly ever seems like a genuine crier and I think it's because she doesn't like people to see her cry so she puts so much energy into trying to hold back tears that it instead looks like she's trying hard to produce tears, lol. 

Dorit is so ridiculous but if there's any reason to like her, it's because she won't back down to idiots like Rinna and Eileen (and I certainly got a kick out of them looking at each other at the table to ensure that they were both giving off the same expressions). Maybe Eileen needs to ask why she's bringing something up on behalf of herself when it literally has NOTHING to do with her. Eileen wants to adopt everyone's issue so that she can make it her issue and then force apologies and epiphanies out of people when she could do well to have an epiphany of her own. Hopefully this reset button sticks because I can't hear about this pantygate business again.  

• Love 11

Ans what was with Eden creating that "Kyle wasn't gracious to me" scenario? What the hell did Eden want from her? The woman is throwing a party, was fine with a complete stranger attending, and served food. You want she should roll out a red carpet?

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, imjagain said:

I also wonder if alot of Kyle's hesitation in discussing her family has to to do with Kathy.  Kathy and kim seem closer and Kathy probably isn't happy no matter what Kyle says unless it's complete loyalty and defense of Kim.  I still remember when Kyle used came out on shows defending and praising Paris.  I used to think Kyle and Kathy were closer This was all pre housewives.  Idk it just seems Kathy holds Kyle to a different standard to Kim.  Didn't Kathy invite Brandi to some family party  in the middle of all the bs Brandi was saying about Kyle.  I don't think if it had been Kim and Brandi going after each other,  Brandi would be invited over to some Hilton party. (shrugs). 

Kathy did invite Brandi to something. I wish I could remember what it was. I know that there was a period where a decent number of their instagram pictures were Kathy, Kim, and Brandi hanging out. I find Kathy to be a hilariously selfish, jealous, and petty human being. I think Kathy was quite happy with the family dynamics the way they had been before the show: Kathy was the rich and famous one; Kim was the sad fucked up sister; and Kyle was the boring, poor, and responsible sister who was in charge of taking care of their mom and fucked up sister.

I think Kathy is jealous that Kyle has found some measure of fame from this show. Though there is no evidence of it, I can't imagine that when the producers contacted Kyle about the show that Kyle didn't suggest Kathy and Kim. I think Kathy thought she was too good for the show. I think both sisters talked Kim into doing the show because Mauricio was tired of supporting Kim and her youngest child would be aging out of child support soon. Additionally, Kim had been sober-ish for 2 or 3 years by that time. I don't think any of them realized that the stress of filming would contribute to her issues.

I think Kathy was pissed that Kyle outted Kim's issues because big Kathy was all about appearances. At least how Kim describes her interactions with Kathy, I get the sense that Kathy doesn't really hold Kim accountable or set limits on Kim. I don't feel like Kathy cares all that much about Kim. I think she uses Kim as a tool to voice her displeasure with Kyle. 

Around the time that Mauricio was separating from Hilton & Hyland and starting The Agency, Kathy became so nasty to Kyle and her family.  Now that The Agency is doing so well, Kathy and Ricky just end up doing petty shit like not inviting Mauricio to Nicky's wedding. Or uninviting Kyle. 

I think Kathy is jealous that she and Kyle have flipped in their family. Kyle is the wealthy famous sister and Kathy is the also ran.

I think the combination of Rinna's prompting and Eden's own research into the sisters is why she started to go down that trail of family history. Hell, Kim as much admitted that Big Kathy had a problem. Kim was sitting in Big Kathy's booth at the Polo Lounge. There are lots of places that I frequent. Nobody knows where my usual booth is or what my favorite thing to order is because I don't go to any of these places enough that the people in my life would automatically know those things. If Kim and her pickled brain remember Big Kathy's usual booth, then Big Kathy practically had a tenancy there.

40 minutes ago, racked said:

Very surprised. Big Kathy must have given it to Kyle before she died because there is no way that these women wouldn't have been screaming at Kyle for stealing it if Kyle took it after Big Kathy died. Also sort of shocked at the size of it, but Big Kathy did love to hook a whale. Not at all surprised by the tackiness.

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2007/11/celebparents200711

• Love 7
1 hour ago, racked said:

Kyle's worn that ring for a long time.  She's mentioned it several times in past seasons, as well.  She always says that ring gives her strength and she feels "tough as her Mom" {paraphrasing} when she wears it.

It is huge, but the diamond doesn't seem like a very good quality stone.  And, yes, it is also pretty tacky!   ;-)

1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

A little levity courtesy of Trash Talk TV:  https://www.trashtalktv.com/01/17/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-enablervention/405481/

Enablervention-Discussion regarding where Kim got her alcoholism.

Okay if mom wasn't a textbook alcoholic.  Where did Kim get it from?

Kyle's officially pissed. "Does it have to come from somewhere?" Eden blinks her hamster eyes,, um, yes if addiction isn't genetic, it would mean having to take personal responsibility.  This is Los Angeles.  Get with it Kyle.

I wonder, then, where Eden and her sister got their addictive personalities.  Were either her mother or father alcoholics/drug addicts?

• Love 3