Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Compromising Positions

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

There is something very troubling about this whole pantygate thing. I think that the reason that Eileen and Rinna are suddenly really going at Dorit for buying Erika the panties is because they know that they joined in the mocking and the encouraging of the gag gift. Now, they have remorse for it, but I can't tell if it is remorse because they didn't realize it would hurt or "blindside" Erika, or if it is remorse, because they can't undo their part in it. 

The fact of the matter is that Dorit and Erika high fived it out and were done with it. But, Eileen feels the need to protect Erika by bringing it up again. Even when Erika was the one who said that continually talking about it is what makes it bigger than it actually is. 

The troubling thing for me is that while Erika wants the subject to drop, she hasn't stopped Eileen from continually bringing it up. I also find it weird that in her blog after the delivering of the panties, Erika does not mention Eileen's comment about being shy while spreading her legs. Here is what Erika said in her blog:

Why doesn't she mention how Eileen mocked her and how both women encouraged Dorit and said they wanted to be there for the presentation? It's like she has a blind spot where Eileen and Rinna are concerned. And it makes me feel like Ericka - for all of her, "no time for drama" blandishments is really wanting Eileen to keep this going so that Erika can be the victim.

I don't know how to explain it, but I am giving Erika major side eye now whereas before she only ever got a yawn and a head scratch from me.  

You are just too damn logical. 

I get the impression that Erika is beholding to Eileen because Eileen is getting her two scenes on her show, and Erika didn't even have to pay for the opportunity or exposure.  Erika is still pretty early in the season and I get the impression she becomes as close with Kyle and LVP as she is with Eileen.  There was a definitive disapproval by Erika this episode when Rinna went there with Kim.  You can see her look at LVP and then to Eileen and she just turned away from Rinna.  Erika and Kim seem very friendly with each other and I thought their greeting at the start of the night was sincere.  I don't think Erika has any regard for Dorit and that is not likely to change.  Much of that is on Dorit for maybe going a little too far with Pantygate.  I think Erika will be more of a uniter than divider as the season goes on.

Eileen needs to look up the word stale.  She has become stale and redundant. 

43 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

And, as far as Erika having 2 different personalities, she proudly says/claims she does and she frequently mixes them but not always so it can be confusing. Around Eileen she is more relaxed and blurs the line between her stage persona and her Mrs G persona but rarely does it with the others even though she will do it with Eileen in front of them. Not to mention that she is yet another, 3rd person, when Tom is with her! IMO, she does this on purpose to keep the others off balance to give herself an advantage over them.

Erika's personas and Dorit's accents are hard to keep up with, they seem to keep multiplying with each episode.  I don't believe Eileen has ever been in the presence of the great Tom Girardi.  Do you recall?  In defense of all the ladies, both Eileen and Erika are pretty one note when it comes to their lives on screen-Erika wants to do the performer thing and all it entails and Eileen considers it an act of entertaining when she invites someone to drop by her work place.  Like Eileen's first season better when she had the ladies to her home.

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

But Erika is at work, they all are when they are on camera! Erika isn't hanging out with Eileen when the cameras are gone like, say Lisa and Kyle, their, Erika/Eileen, friendship is purely for the show/cameras and not in real life. Erika seems to only let her walls down with those that worship the ground she walks on, not those that treat her as an equal.

I don't think it is uncommon for people to act a bit more guarded with some people, and more open with others. I certainly behave differently when I am with my Bunco girlfriends on Friday night than I do the neighbors that I don't know as well and don't have a high level of comfort with. I think that Eileen and Erika hit it off immediatley. They really like each other and seem to "get" each other. They built a bond rather quickly and for that reason I think that Erika is more relaxed and has more fun when she is with her. Fairly normal IMO. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

She wasn't flashing him. He wouldn't even have seen or noticed it had the subject not been brought up to begin with, since it wasn't even in his line of vision. It was only after it was brought up that he had to turn his head and look for it to see it. If anything, Dorit was the one who was facing towards Erika, and if she didn't notice it, then it wasn't that obvious.

Why would he have to do anything in that regard? Again, he didn't notice it to begin with until it was announced. And when he was aware, he didn't have to contort his body to check it out repeatedly, he could have been a gentleman about and not looked. That is all he needed to do, not be such a perv.

People make it sound she jumped on the table, squatted, and began grinding her crotch in his face, which, no, not even close.

I don't know. Based on this still photo of their seating: http://forums.previously.tv/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i67.tinypic.com/2lw0m11.jpg&key=ba940794975cfb43733eb27313cb041773cb99840a71cf9e26ead7b4535759fd

It seems all he would have had to do was lean back in his chair. He wouldn't need to crane his neck at all, just sit back in the chair and he would see something. I think he most likely didn't realize what he saw until Erika announced that she wasn't wearing underwear. But it wouldn't have taken any effort at all for him to see it. 

• Love 9

If anything, that photo shows that while they were seated next to each other, the way their chairs are positioned, they aren't even facing each other.

If anything, Kyle is the one who is facing Erika, and PK is pointed in Lisa's direction. He even has to turn his head just to look at her direction. The fact that neither Kyle nor PK caught a glimpse of the crotch, despite how noticeable everyone seems to make it, until Erika said she wasn't wearing any, kind of shows how it was something a person would not have noticed. Unless they started looking for it.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

that photo shows that everyone would have seen up Erika's "dress"....even LVP sitting next to her. Erika is on display to everyone in that room except the people (if there are any) behind her.

edit: even Kyle mentioned seeing up Erika's "dress" and initially thought it was panties until Erika said she wasn't wearing any.

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, MatildaMoody said:

There is something very troubling about this whole pantygate thing. I think that the reason that Eileen and Rinna are suddenly really going at Dorit for buying Erika the panties is because they know that they joined in the mocking and the encouraging of the gag gift. Now, they have remorse for it, but I can't tell if it is remorse because they didn't realize it would hurt or "blindside" Erika, or if it is remorse, because they can't undo their part in it. 

The fact of the matter is that Dorit and Erika high fived it out and were done with it. But, Eileen feels the need to protect Erika by bringing it up again. Even when Erika was the one who said that continually talking about it is what makes it bigger than it actually is. 

The troubling thing for me is that while Erika wants the subject to drop, she hasn't stopped Eileen from continually bringing it up. I also find it weird that in her blog after the delivering of the panties, Erika does not mention Eileen's comment about being shy while spreading her legs. Here is what Erika said in her blog:

Why doesn't she mention how Eileen mocked her and how both women encouraged Dorit and said they wanted to be there for the presentation? It's like she has a blind spot where Eileen and Rinna are concerned. And it makes me feel like Ericka - for all of her, "no time for drama" blandishments is really wanting Eileen to keep this going so that Erika can be the victim.

I don't know how to explain it, but I am giving Erika major side eye now whereas before she only ever got a yawn and a head scratch from me.  

Ding, ding, ding.

Erika is referring to all the chatter before the gift giving and I think she has a right to be annoyed at that footage because Dorit is basically running around joking but there's obviously an undertone of disapproval coming from Dorit. She's approaching it all, no big deal like, but still throwing out nuggets at the ladies that gives off this " but am I right girls?" shade. She's trying to see if anyone's gonna bite and agree that yeah, "Erika can be skanky that way" or something like that. Thing is the other ladies, while engaging in some lighthearted banter didn't really sound too judgemental when they were joining her so I'm actually not that mad at them. I sensed that they were truly just joking harmlessly, thinking nothing of it and didn't realize that Dorit was trying to shade/shame Erika just a tad bit. Or if so they weren't worried about Erika cause they know she'll brush it off and not be bothered. Either way their parts in it would be minimal.  Now although I recognized all this I'm still not that mad at Dorit cause it was really subtle and it seemed like the lighthearted poking she was able to garner from the others was enough for her to shake it off and take it all as a joke. This way it helps with her being in her feelings about the whole thing and she now knows she isn't the butt of the other womens jokes as the wife of a dude who got mesmerized by Erikas snatch.

Fast forward to the gift giving and although awkward, salvagible thanks hugely to Erika's ability to let shit roll off her back.  Even after it escalated again later on they still squashed and were done. I don't think it bothers Erika too much that the other women were having a laugh because she knows that they are pulling from experiencing how Erika rolls and they are just figuring it was a throw away moment for someone who wears a cunty necklace. Now they may have been mistaken about how sensitive Erika would be to the entire thing but it seems more like an honest mistake or oversight on the parts of the others and even a reasonable assumption for them to make because Erika herself knows she comes across as zero fucks so she can give them that. Dorit however seems to quickly jump to a sinister motive without giving her the benefit of the doubt. Remember the women are engaging in some chatter but they are also brushing it off as innocent and not intentional where Dorit is giggling and stating disclaimers all the while still side eyeing Erika and her intentions...  That's the part that Erika isn't happy with. I get it. This woman doesn't even know her and instead of giving her the benefit of the doubt she's quick to take it there. Hence, her comment about that being the reason why it's hard to hang with women or some such sentiment.

I'm actually very confused about how the Erika and Dorit came up again? When was the next time someone brought it up to Dorit cause I do believe that's what keeps happening. People keep asking her about it. She's not the one that keeps revisiting it.

Anyhoo, the problems that are coming about is that the more it gets talked about the more information comes out like Kyle mentioning that Erika may have felt blindsided and that she may still have an issue with it to which Dorit says well I'm hoping she lets me know if that's the case.

The problem is now shifting to Dorit defending herself because others are now discussing her going thru with the gift giving in a more tsk tsk sort of way which is what's making Dorit pump the brakes and start calling them out which to be honest, if they are going to do her like that then I'm not surprised that she is expressing her annoyance with their about face with regards to their reactions to what she had planned.

That's a new angle separate from Dorits unfortunate choice to joke on Erika about pantygate. If this spins out of control I'm seriously going to drown myself in wine.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Andy is a fucker in that respect??

And kim is a dope for not walking away from the show to get her shit on the straight and narrow.

I don't think Kim has any concept of normal, let alone straight and narrow.  Throughout her life she was the gifted, pretty one, who didn't have to seek approval, it morphed into her expected it.   She lived life pretty fast in her twenties and I don't mean just partying, she really liked and lived the good life.  Within Kim's laundry list of issues will always be that she suffers from a fiscal mismanagement disorder.   Although Kim's addiction issues make it difficult to reconcile with the idea she is a good mother, I do think Kim let's her children know they are loved unconditionally.  Even when things are at their most strained all the cousins seem to get along, so she did something right.

One thing about Kim is she has never worked a straight job, so the concept eludes her when you need to  support yourself you find a job.  She has always had agents and managers to do that for her.  I was shocked she showed up for WWHL.  I did feel Andy geared the show down to about a 14 year old's level to supposedly accommodate Kim.  Speaking of stale they need to leave the turtle stuff with Kim alone.  It just isn't funny. 

• Love 6

At least Eileen does have a resume.

Hopefully, RHoBH won't be on it next season.

The fact of the matter is that Dorit and Erika high fived it out and were done with it.

Yep. Too bad others won't follow suit. It's been three or four episodes since Erika flashed her "xxxpen$ive" cooch, and the shit has become more tired than Tom when he stays up past ten on a weeknight.

• Love 13

Did someone use nail polish to write on Erika's gloves for her video. That writing on the gloves looked cheap!

edit: the gloves where shown on Erika prior to her selecting phrases to emphasize. Maybe they were a prototype?

Edited by Vicky8675309
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, Vicky8675309 said:

Did someone use nail polish to write on Erika's gloves for her video. That writing on the gloves looked cheap!

edit: the gloves where shown on Erika prior to her selecting phrases to emphasize. Maybe they were a prototype?

This video is going to be like the Sochi Olympics. They allegedly spent $60 billion on Sochi, but journalists think only $10 or 20 billion was spent. No one has any clue where the money went. I'm sure Tom spent a boatload on this video, but this is some of the cheapest middle school play looking shit I've ever seen. Audit those books Tom.

I think the gloves aren't a prototype because the sets look shitty too.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

You are just too damn logical. 

I get the impression that Erika is beholding to Eileen because Eileen is getting her two scenes on her show, and Erika didn't even have to pay for the opportunity or exposure.  Erika is still pretty early in the season and I get the impression she becomes as close with Kyle and LVP as she is with Eileen.  There was a definitive disapproval by Erika this episode when Rinna went there with Kim.  You can see her look at LVP and then to Eileen and she just turned away from Rinna.  Erika and Kim seem very friendly with each other and I thought their greeting at the start of the night was sincere.  I don't think Erika has any regard for Dorit and that is not likely to change.  Much of that is on Dorit for maybe going a little too far with Pantygate.  I think Erika will be more of a uniter than divider as the season goes on.

Eileen needs to look up the word stale.  She has become stale and redundant. 

Erika's personas and Dorit's accents are hard to keep up with, they seem to keep multiplying with each episode.  I don't believe Eileen has ever been in the presence of the great Tom Girardi.  Do you recall?  In defense of all the ladies, both Eileen and Erika are pretty one note when it comes to their lives on screen-Erika wants to do the performer thing and all it entails and Eileen considers it an act of entertaining when she invites someone to drop by her work place.  Like Eileen's first season better when she had the ladies to her home.

Yes, briefly at Erika's birthday party but not at a small dinner/gathering though.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't think it is uncommon for people to act a bit more guarded with some people, and more open with others. I certainly behave differently when I am with my Bunco girlfriends on Friday night than I do the neighbors that I don't know as well and don't have a high level of comfort with. I think that Eileen and Erika hit it off immediatley. They really like each other and seem to "get" each other. They built a bond rather quickly and for that reason I think that Erika is more relaxed and has more fun when she is with her. Fairly normal IMO. 

Acting "guarded" is fine, putting a wall up like Erika has, IMO, is something entirely different.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

I don't think Kim has any concept of normal, let alone straight and narrow.  Throughout her life she was the gifted, pretty one, who didn't have to seek approval, it morphed into her expected it.   She lived life pretty fast in her twenties and I don't mean just partying, she really liked and lived the good life.  Within Kim's laundry list of issues will always be that she suffers from a fiscal mismanagement disorder.   Although Kim's addiction issues make it difficult to reconcile with the idea she is a good mother, I do think Kim let's her children know they are loved unconditionally.  Even when things are at their most strained all the cousins seem to get along, so she did something right.

One thing about Kim is she has never worked a straight job, so the concept eludes her when you need to  support yourself you find a job.  She has always had agents and managers to do that for her.  I was shocked she showed up for WWHL.  I did feel Andy geared the show down to about a 14 year old's level to supposedly accommodate Kim.  Speaking of stale they need to leave the turtle stuff with Kim alone.  It just isn't funny. 

This is so true. Dr. Drew says that celebrities emotional growth gets fixed at the age they were when they became famous. Emotionally, Kim has never reached adulthood. It's why there is a whole host of things that you'd expect her to be able to do that she can't. As much as she talks about her acting career, you'd expect her to do the kind of things that would allow her to get back to that like acting and improv classes. I don't think she's developed a good sense of her interests, strengths, or weaknesses, nor is she particularly introspective.

Kyle has had quite a few acting roles as an adult.

• Love 6

Even after all the debate (and it's all good, everyone--it's fun!), I find myself laughing at the term "flashing"! And also at how funny it would be if she was doing it on purpose! Like, that could be a story line; forget Lyme, there's now a housewife with a weird psychological proclivity for abruptly and randomly showing body parts for no apparent reason. It might even surpass the infamous table-tipping!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Even after all the debate (and it's all good, everyone--it's fun!), I find myself laughing at the term "flashing"! And also at how funny it would be if she was doing it on purpose! Like, that could be a story line; forget Lyme, there's now a housewife with a weird psychological proclivity for abruptly and randomly showing body parts for no apparent reason. It might even surpass the infamous table-tipping!

As bored as I am with panty-gate and the entire discussion around it, I'd rather it be that than Yo's pretend-Lyme.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

She could have had fun with this storyline either way. Too bad that Eileen has turned it into torture for her, Dorit and US! LOL

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Wait, what??  Where did this nugget of info emerge?? My research (aka: my 10 minutes spent googling) didn't turn anything up.  Did she mention it on WWHL maybe?  And did they DATE-date, or like, just go out on one date?   

I read something last year that Kathy set Kim up with him in the 80s.  I cannot remember where it was though.  

I watched WWHL and Kim was very into watching herself on the monitor.  Is she REALLY sober?  I am guessing she is not clean but what do I know?

• Love 2

Speaking of Kim, someone up thread questioned her look in her TH.  

My first thought, after I caught my breath, was What Ever Happened to Baby Jane.

Either she isn't sober, doesn't have any friends, or was channeling Baby Jane/Bette Davis.

I felt bad for her. 

• Love 6

The other thing that struck me about Kyle's game night was how LisaVP has not exactly withdrawn from the group but she definitely isn't totally unguarded.  When LisaR said to her "Oh,are you on my team", Lisa said "No, never".  Then when they were all out by the pool after the games, LisaVP, Eden and Dorit sat by themselves by the pool while the other women sat at the table.  LisaVP said very little after they joined the table and when she did join in it was to admonish LisaR for bringing up Kim's arrest, at which point she stood up like she was going to leave.  I like that LVP keeps it real.  She's not going to pretend like everything's okay after last season when Eileen and Rinna "had a go at her" at every gathering including the reunion.  As Kyle has pointed out in the past once Lisa perceives a betrayal or unfair treatment the offender is pretty much toast unless that person is willing to put in a lot of work to repair the relationship like Kyle ended up doing.  And as Kyle has stated she's really not going to attack LisaVP again unless it's the hill she wants to die on for that reason.

I have both my parents in good health, thank God, so I don't know what the impact would be if one of them died, however my mother did have a serious health scare many years ago and I completely fell apart.  I don't think LisaR or Eileen are fully recognizing the psychological impact of losing loved ones and how that kind of stress can manifest.  It's fine for Lisa to say that her father's illness and death had "zero" influence on her feud with LVP but I'm not buying it.  I also think her overreaction to Kim could be the result of feelings about losing her sister to an overdose being brought up by the illness and death of another close family member i.e. her dad.  Ditto Eileen's complete inability to let "anything go".  She has lost so much in terms of family members and friends that she can't allow herself to "lose" an argument.  I had a friend once who lost a parent and she made a lot of big decisions right away including selling the family home which she came to really regret.  She said if she was ever in that situation again she would wait a year before doing anything major.  Sometimes we don't know what we don't know about why we're feeling a certain way about things.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

I am so confused with the idea that Erika, at some point, implied that she is to be treated like "conservative Mrs. Girardi." When? She's not been in a truly conservative setting with the HWs, has she? But never mind that--what has she ever done in their company that would make flashing her junk on purpose seem like something she'd do in a social setting? Simply hoping your so-called friends would let you know about something like this is a far cry from demanding to be treated some certain elegant way.  

If I like low-cut shirts and/or prefer not to wear a bra--or a better example, I favor small bikinis--but don't intend on showing nip, my friends should not tell me that something has shifted and my goods are now on display...because they assume I must be doing it deliberately? Because after all (and this seems kind of opposite of that), Professional-Setting TattleTeeny would never wear a bikini to her job (true enough) so it's very confusing when she wears one to the beach. 

I don't think she's creating confusion at all and I see no "have your cake" situation happening (don't all of us act more demure in certain situations than in others?). And I don't find it remotely hard to understand the term "stage persona"--that Erika Jayne is career thing and Erika Girardi is real regular person. Like any performer. And "both" (quotation marks because they are the same woman) deserve common courtesy and "do unto others" shit. Saying that Erika Girardi can't feel whatever way she feels because Erika Jayne likes to cheesily writhe about onstage half-nude is on par with saying a person who works as a waitress is obligated to always be the one serving food at home, or because you're a cab driver, you also must cart your friends around as they wish during your days off. 

Gah, now I have to activate the old memory banks, Tattleteeny, so if you suddenly hear a loud grinding sound and smell acrid smoke, that's me.

IIRC, it was Erika herself, when we first met her onscreen, who made a point of telling us that she's two people. She's wild 'n' crazy, super sexxxy as Erika Jayne and refined and somewhat conservative as Mrs. Tom Girardi, and her husband is the boss (her words).  I don't recall her ever insisting she be treated that way by the other ladies.  But when she shows up in a mini dress and no underpants and sits with her legs uncrossed, that doesn't say Howdoyoudo, I'm the elegant and refined Mrs Girardi. To me, it says, say hello to Erika Jayne and stand by for sexxxiness!

At that event, I'd think, "well she's more than okay with her sexuality, maybe she's okay with nudity." I sort of see that as following an idea to its logical conclusion.  (Sure, I'd be wrong, but side issue!) For her to put that persona in the world and then get miffed when people don't understand that she's not that person to any degree in real life seems like a stretch to me. Shrug.

I support her right to be whatever and whoever she wants to be, but I gotta draw the line at having to not only understand the nitty gritty of it, but to keep track of it, too.

• Love 13

A bunny playing Devil’s Advocate.

Were I invited to a gathering and a stranger to me but friends of my friends were to say something along the lines..I have such a huge herpes sore right over my lip, thank god the makeup covers it completely.

Now I ‘d like to think I’m a decent bunny. But lord help me, I would be staring at this person’s lip area the rest of the night. It wouldn’t matter if this person was across from me, next to me, over on the other side of the room…I would STARE. Now I would TRY not to, and I wouldn’t use my cell flashlight on her face, but damn them for putting that thought in my head. Now if I’m the only one on this forum that would do this…I’ll be in the corner all by myself.

In the case of Erika and PK. I don’t think it helped that Erika announced that she wasn’t wearing any panties. That statement is gonna make people look. To me, it’s also not a statement I would make in front of strangers. To me, the statement is provocative.

Now I don’t think Erika was pulling a Basic Instinct Sharon Stone move on anyone. I also don’t recall anyone else saying that they saw her privates except for PK. I also think PK didn’t say anything until the next day cause he wanted to catch as many glimpses as possible.

Now that Erika has been on this show for more than one season, she should be careful anytime she is in public and not wearing panties. The paparazzi take shots of celebs getting out of cars all the time and taking crotch shot pics.

• Love 10
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I read something last year that Kathy set Kim up with him in the 80s.  I cannot remember where it was though.  

I watched WWHL and Kim was very into watching herself on the monitor.  Is she REALLY sober?  I am guessing she is not clean but what do I know?

I believe no longer drinking alcohol or abusing drugs, seeing her grandson is more important (at least right now). I believe that she has long term brain damage and add in I believe she is on psych meds and she still "appears" under the influence. Had Kim been drunk/high, she would have been screaming at Rinna during their argument, instead, she was rather calm.

Yes, she does love to look at herself! LOL

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I believe no longer drinking alcohol or abusing drugs, seeing her grandson is more important (at least right now). I believe that she has long term brain damage and add in I believe she is on psych meds and she still "appears" under the influence. Had Kim been drunk/high, she would have been screaming at Rinna during their argument, instead, she was rather calm.

Yes, she does love to look at herself! LOL

Agreed!

I'm just wondering when we can get to a point where it goes without saying that sober or not sober Kim Richards is as kooky as they come. Whether it's because of current abuse, past abuse, legit meds, social ineptness, developmental issues, Big Kathy, Little Kathy, her famous chicken salad or turtles. We have more than enough information to come to the conclusion that her weird behavior and appearance can easily be explained by a long list of things so speculating which one is it at any particular time is just pointless. 

Kinda like recovered heroine addicts all look the same and have a look about them as if they are high even when they've been clean for years.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Speaking of Kim, someone up thread questioned her look in her TH.  

My first thought, after I caught my breath, was What Ever Happened to Baby Jane.

Either she isn't sober, doesn't have any friends, or was channeling Baby Jane/Bette Davis.

I felt bad for her. 

I actually said that out loud when I saw it.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Agreed!

I'm just wondering when we can get to a point where it goes without saying that sober or not sober Kim Richards is as kooky as they come. Whether it's because of current abuse, past abuse, legit meds, social ineptness, developmental issues, Big Kathy, Little Kathy, her famous chicken salad or turtles. We have more than enough information to come to the conclusion that her weird behavior and appearance can easily be explained by a long list of things so speculating which one is it at any particular time is just pointless. 

I think there will always be questions about her sobriety and they are well deserved. She has been down this road before for short stints so most of us will watch to see of she relapses again. The key for us, the viewer, is being able to differentiate between drunk/high Kim and physician monitored/medicated damaged Kim. There are distinct differences that are noticeable, IMO, one of them being her not lashing out/screaming/yelling at or shutting herself completely down when someone she is upset at confronts her. That said, Kim will always try to make herself the victim, past or present, it is who she sees herself as at her core.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I think there will always be questions about her sobriety and they are well deserved. She has been down this road before for short stints so most of us will watch to see of she relapses again. The key for us, the viewer, is being able to differentiate between drunk/high Kim and physician monitored/medicated damaged Kim. There are distinct differences that are noticeable, IMO, one of them being her not lashing out/screaming/yelling at or shutting herself completely down when someone she is upset at confronts her. That said, Kim will always try to make herself the victim, past or present, it is who she sees herself as at her core.

It's just such an old recipe. I mean I get that having her back on occasion the normal conclusion would be that its revisited but at the same time, she's on for such small and short appearances..... blah... I mean I can get on board if something big pops off and there's something to speculate but pulling out miniscule pieces from the 5 seconds she's in an episode like the 2 second shot of her grabbing her purse and leaving the table or her mannerisms in a 10 second talking head...... It really amounts to not much.  I mean hell even if she is noticably high but is in the crowd while other crap kicks off that she's not a part of then I'm still inclined to overlook it cause well it Kim Richards. The deadest horse ever beaten. Story of her life,  yada, yada, I'm not remotely moved one way or the other about the state of her sobriety and the forced observations of her state of mind seems pretty moot to me. At this point Kim should really just stay in the "SMH" category cause there's really isn't anything left to say that hasn't already been said.

• Love 1

Gah, now I have to activate the old memory banks, Tattleteeny, so if you suddenly hear a loud grinding sound and smell acrid smoke, that's me.

It's good for you--and the important, real-life topics of the day are stressful and tedious!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

It's just such an old recipe. I mean I get that having her back on occasion the normal conclusion would be that its revisited but at the same time, she's on for such small and short appearances..... blah... I mean I can get on board if something big pops off and there's something to speculate but pulling out miniscule pieces from the 5 seconds she's in an episode like the 2 second shot of her grabbing her purse and leaving the table or her mannerisms in a 10 second talking head...... It really amounts to not much.  I mean hell even if she is noticably high but is in the crowd while other crap kicks off that she's not a part of then I'm still inclined to overlook it cause well it Kim Richards. The deadest horse ever beaten. Story of her life,  yada, yada, I'm not remotely moved one way or the other about the state of her sobriety and the forced observations of her state of mind seems pretty moot to me. At this point Kim should really just stay in the "SMH" category cause there's really isn't anything left to say that hasn't already been said.

To know whether or not she is abusing again is to understand why other HWs are reacting to her in that moment, whatever it may be. She isn't in some bubble here where her abuse only affects her, it affect all of them to varying degrees, so it directly affects the show. Which means it becomes a part of the shows overall story/storyline whether or not she/the other HWs want it to be. It has a domino effect that we all hope has stopped but then it restarts without warning.

• Love 2

When entering Kyle's house, the first thing that I would inquire is if Kim's dog is on the premises.  It's dangerous and they REFUSE to place it in a safe place.

Whatever money Kim gets from the show, should go to compensate her dog bite victims.

I wish Kyle would shut up lying about what a GREAT mom Kim has been.  Did she see Kim and her kids on Dr. Phil a few years ago?  Kyle is lying.  Man, she's living  in a fantasy land. 

I know that Lisa R. is annoying, but, for some reason when she's talking to the camera in those solo shots, she really amuses me.  She makes me laugh during those things.  Only she and Erica do that. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

To know whether or not she is abusing again is to understand why other HWs are reacting to her in that moment, whatever it may be. She isn't in some bubble here where her abuse only affects her, it affect all of them to varying degrees, so it directly affects the show. Which means it becomes a part of the shows overall story/storyline whether or not she/the other HWs want it to be. It has a domino effect that we all hope has stopped but then it restarts without warning.

See that's what I call bs on. If they react in any way shape or form that's extreme EVEN IF she relapses and gasp, causes a scene my eyes will roll all the way to the back of my skull cause honestly??? I just think keeping the pearl clutching on reserve for if or when Kim gives them "material" to "react to" for the season is lame-o. Like I said unless it's some bold display and is impossibly disruptive then it really doesn't reach a level of interest for me. Scraping the barrel with throw away observations that is neither here nor there just seems like a waste of energy and provoking a conversation about "her journey" that really doesn't have to be revisited yet again. At this point, for me, when it comes to trying to piece together the tragedy that is Kim and her sobriety.....the ponies are by the pool.. 

5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Well PEOTUS thought 12 year old Paris was a looker and would be bangable when she turned 18.

https://www.google.com/amp/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57ee9373e4b024a52d2ea629/amp

I suspect Kim's mothering is the last one of those things that the sisters don't talk about. When Kim's had her issues with sobriety, her kids have lived with their fathers or with Kyle. I think Kim is the best mother she knows how to be. But besides her addiction issues, she was raised by a toxic narcissist. Big Kathy is someone who never put her childrens' needs above her own. I think it's part of why Kim can't see how destructive her own substance use is.

Little Kathy is no great shakes as a parent either. She appears to have continued in the Big Kathy tradition of taking your children to completely inappropriate places. My favorite thing about the story in the link is that Paris was sleeping with Rick. He was the sex partner in "One Night in Paris."

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/shannen-doherty-slugged-me-jealous-rage/

• Love 5
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I agree with 1 exception. When Lisa apologizes, even though it may not sound/feel "sincere" it is as she never repeats said offense again and moves on. When Eileen or Rinna apologize it isn't "sincere" because they keep doing it and/or they keep talking about it over and over again. LOL

This is very true. LVP does still make reference of grievances but she often hides it in a joke so it's not confrontational and it doesn't set the stage to escalate. A perfect example is at game night when she made a reference to being Rinna's puppet master. That's why LVP is among the group of RH women that can be so well liked despite her flaws - she knows how to bring the drama without taking cheap shots. 

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

See that's what I call bs on. If they react in any way shape or form that's extreme EVEN IF she relapses and gasp, causes a scene my eyes will roll all the way to the back of my skull cause honestly??? I just think keeping the pearl clutching on reserve for if or when Kim gives them "material" to "react to" for the season is lame-o. Like I said unless it's some bold display and is impossibly disruptive then it really doesn't reach a level of interest for me. Scraping the barrel with throw away observations that is neither here nor there just seems like a waste of energy and provoking a conversation about "her journey" that really doesn't have to be revisited yet again. At this point, for me, when it comes to trying to piece together the tragedy that is Kim and her sobriety.....the ponies are by the pool.. 

If Kim isn't doing something or acting out in an outrageous way while drunk/high and a HW over reacts then it is on them but an honest shocked or fearful reaction is acceptable. That last full season when Kim was high/drunk most, if not all, of the time was bad but Brandi was the person that kept pouring the gasoline on that fire, not Rinna (as much as it pains me to admit that). After Rinna's/Eileen's initial shock at Kim's OTT bizarre behavior, they both settled down a bit until Brandi got into the mix. More than anyone else, including Kim/Rinna/Eileen/Kyle, it was Brandi that caused the explosion to happen and to keep the flames roaring. I see it as the ponies (Kim) are in the deep end of the pool (they/she can't swim) and the shark (Brandi) is dragging her under for the kill.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

This is very true. LVP does still make reference of grievances but she often hides it in a joke so it's not confrontational and it doesn't set the stage to escalate. A perfect example is at game night when she made a reference to being Rinna's puppet master. That's why LVP is among the group of RH women that can be so well liked despite her flaws - she knows how to bring the drama without taking cheap shots. 

Exactly! Lisa made fun of Rinna and herself at the same time. She used humor to make her point, she didn't go in for the kill and did not get nasty or preachy.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, This2getsold said:

I think you'd be the better person for not allowing someone to your home who hated your sister. Where's the family loyalty Kyle? 

It's a job. I very much doubt that Kyle had a say in the guest list. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Exactly! Lisa made fun of Rinna and herself at the same time. She used humor to make her point, she didn't go in for the kill and did not get nasty or preachy.

Wait.  How did LVP make fun of herself in this?  I'm confused Wire. 

On a side note, when 'puppet master' is said, I can't help but think of RHOC's Kelly describing it.  Talk about dumb.

Edited by breezy424
7 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Wait.  How did LVP make fun of herself in this?  I'm confused Wire. 

On a side note, when 'puppet master' is said, I can't help but think of RHOC's Kelly describing it.  Talk about dumb.

She over played the "puppet master" making Rinna move. It was funny and in part, aimed at herself. She didn't do/say anything mean or nasty to Rinna and had she wanted to be a real bitch, she could have refused to talk to Rinna completely. Instead, she joked around. Did she get a dig in, Yes but it was well deserved and rather mild compared to Miss "OWN IT" and her nasty comment to Kim. LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, WireWrap said:

If Kim isn't doing something or acting out in an outrageous way while drunk/high and a HW over reacts then it is on them but an honest shocked or fearful reaction is acceptable. That last full season when Kim was high/drunk most, if not all, of the time was bad but Brandi was the person that kept pouring the gasoline on that fire, not Rinna (as much as it pains me to admit that). After Rinna's/Eileen's initial shock at Kim's OTT bizarre behavior, they both settled down a bit until Brandi got into the mix. More than anyone else, including Kim/Rinna/Eileen/Kyle, it was Brandi that caused the explosion to happen and to keep the flames roaring. I see it as the ponies (Kim) are in the deep end of the pool (they/she can't swim) and the shark (Brandi) is dragging her under for the kill.

Great points about seasons past but that's my point. Old news. Nothing new or shocking and considering that Kim's role on the show has been EXTREMELY downsized I think any overreaching that any of them do <cough> Rinna <cough> to try and pull it into the show by continuosly pondering about it randomly is pathetic and snooze worthy. Not to mention thirsty and completely ridiculous. I don't believe that just the sight of her means that we go back to square one where everything is again thrown on the table to rummage through and pick apart. I don't mind her brief appearances and I believe the whole reason for her only coming on in doses is so that we are not hijacked by the whole "is she or isn't she sober" storyline.  To see Rinna salivating to bring her conflict with Kim, which in turn brings her Issues with maintaining sobriety, to the forefront just rubs me the wrong way. Not to mention.... Helloooo, Rinna, u dimwit we all barely got out of it with our sanity intact you moron. Nobody is interested in being thrusted back into that bottomless pit of a storyline again.. No really cause I know I sure don't.. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

She over played the "puppet master" making Rinna move. It was funny and in part, aimed at herself. She didn't do/say anything mean or nasty to Rinna and had she wanted to be a real bitch, she could have refused to talk to Rinna completely. Instead, she joked around. Did she get a dig in, Yes but it was well deserved and rather mild compared to Miss "OWN IT" and her nasty comment to Kim. LOL

I didn't see it that way.  I thought it was a bit not nice about LVP touching her when trying to charade 'model'.  The comment about it from LVP was a dig.  Period.  But we can agree to disagree.

We're disagreeing a lot this season.  I don't like it.  It's hard.  You know what I mean.  :)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Great points about seasons past but that's my point. Old news. Nothing new or shocking and considering that Kim's role on the show has been EXTREMELY downsized I think any overreaching that any of them do <cough> Rinna <cough> to try and pull it into the show by continuosly pondering about it randomly is pathetic and snooze worthy. Not to mention thirsty and completely ridiculous. I don't believe that just the sight of her means that we go back to square one where everything is again thrown on the table to rummage through and pick apart. I don't mind her brief appearances and I believe the whole reason for her only coming on in doses is so that we are not hijacked by the whole "is she or isn't she sober" storyline.  To see Rinna salivating to bring her conflict with Kim, which in turn brings her Issues with maintaining sobriety, to the forefront just rubs me the wrong way. Not to mention.... Helloooo, Rinna, u dimwit we all barely got out of it with our sanity intact you moron. Nobody is interested in being thrusted back into that bottomless pit of a storyline again.. No really cause I know I sure don't.. 

But that is on Rinna, not on anyone here that is questioning Kim's sobriety and that is what I was talking about/referring to, us, not Rinna! LOL 

4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I didn't see it that way.  I thought it was a bit not nice about LVP touching her when trying to charade 'model'.  The comment about it from LVP was a dig.  Period.  But we can agree to disagree.

We're disagreeing a lot this season.  I don't like it.  It's hard.  You know what I mean.  :)

I like Lisa, as pretty much everyone here knows. I get her sense of humor and I prefer her style of getting her digs in at someone, like Rinna. I prefer humor over calling someone nasty names and I can't stand when 1 HW tries to shift blame to another for their own actions/words like Rinna just loves to do! And, as I said, it was a dig but it was funny, not nasty and a parody of what Rinna/Eileen accused her of most of last season. LOL

As for us disagreeing, it's all good. It keeps it interesting otherwise it would be very boring if we all felt the same way. LOL

• Love 7

Well, that is how LVP gets away with it, hiding behind her accent, British humor calls it taking-the-piss-out, being passive aggressive, etc. It comes across as being more witty and charming than mean-spirited.

Not that it isn't entertaining, but it's amazing how the delivery of an insult changes how it is perceived.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3

A few short years ago Kim Richards was so stressed by potential conflict that she would stammer and go red and go hide in the bathroom (ie. get slammed).

"I get nervous!!" - "I don't like conflict!"

Now after only a season or 2 in the off-tv wilderness she is launching attacks at Rinna out of nowhere. The girl is thirsty, and not just for a drink.

I did kind of enjoy Eden donning her pseudo-therapist hat for a minute and forcing them to dig a little deeper, because they were fighting at an elementary school level.

I don't believe Rinna was sincere in her apology to Kim, but I love that she has mastered the art of the shut-them-down apology. Cause no one can argue with you once you've apologized, it just makes them look petty. (In fact Rinna is an amazing example to LVP on this issue).

Meanwhile I think I am the only person on the interwebs who still likes Eileen Davidson. Sure she drags things out but the woman has spent her life on soap operas, when they tell her to bring the drama she thinks they mean stretch it out. I think under the producer-encouraged conversations, she has a genuine-ness to her that I appreciate.

I find Dorit 100% fake and irritating. Not even decent house porn. Move along. And take the nasty husband with you, ugh.

And Erika.. there are times I really like Erika but the immature, hypersexualized, burn-money-in-order-to-pretend-I'm-a-popstar thing is so off putting for a woman in her 40's. There is something about her that just doesn't make sense.

Edited by wifey81
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

When entering Kyle's house, the first thing that I would inquire is if Kim's dog is on the premises.  It's dangerous and they REFUSE to place it in a safe place.

Whatever money Kim gets from the show, should go to compensate her dog bite victims.

I wish Kyle would shut up lying about what a GREAT mom Kim has been.  Did she see Kim and her kids on Dr. Phil a few years ago?  Kyle is lying.  Man, she's living  in a fantasy land. 

I know that Lisa R. is annoying, but, for some reason when she's talking to the camera in those solo shots, she really amuses me.  She makes me laugh during those things.  Only she and Erica do that. 

There is the very sad but real possibility that out of everything Kim was truly best at being a mother which would give the illusion of being good at it.

Since she appears to be such a longstanding whackadoo just by not eating her young she's a "good mother"....

• Love 3
21 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I never said it was mentioned ten years ago on a reality show-I gave you the source, twice and now a third time, House of Hilton.  I am trying to figure out how to be clear without sounding snippy

Yeah I think it's way too late for that.  

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Well, that is how LVP gets away with it, hiding behind her accent, British humor calls it taking-the-piss-out, being passive aggressive, etc. It comes across as being more witty and charming than mean-spirited.

Not that it isn't entertaining, but it's amazing how the delivery of an insult changes how it is perceived.

Wow, you really nailed it here.

LVP holds on to things forever, IMO. She just does it differently than others do. She can certainly be self-deprecating at times, but she is forever going to remind folks of every slight. I didn't see the puppet deal as LVP making fun of herself. I saw her reminding Lisar of the things she had said about her. My guess is she will do it for the whole of the season. She certainly spent all of S3 reminding Kyle of the things she had said about her at the S2 reunion. 

4 hours ago, AndySmith said:

I'll book us a table! We'd be a small party, but still :)

Save me a seat and order me up a glass of wine. Red is my preference, but a nice dry white will also work. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

But doesn't it seem like Kim was looking for conflict with Lisar, regardless of her small role this season? She and Lisar were having a nice conversation. She was the one to throw out that Lisar and Eileen tended to protect each other and play on a team. She started that whole deal. She was the one saying she still felt slighted and owed an apology. She was the one bringing up past tensions. She is a reality show pro at this point and was bringing it all into the light of day so that it could be rehashed again. Considering there are plenty of examples of her own past bad behavior, why go there at all? Does anyone doubt that she wants a bigger role on the show? She gets that by engaging in the drama. We haven't seen Camille do that. No matter what Kim might want, getting into the drama and bringing up old grievances will inevitably lead to things she doesn't want discussed getting debated again. Who is to say that Lisar would have ever bought up Kim and her sobriety if Kim wouldn't have come after her? 

• Love 2