Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Compromising Positions

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kim will never give the fake style apology Rinna where Rinna admitted to be malicious and intentional in her attacks on Kim.  In Kim's mind (and I say this only because she has mentioned it-it is not my feeling) when Rinna lost it in Amsterdam, went for her throat, threw wine on her. and smashed the glass,  Kim was absolved from any responsibility and Rinna was more inappropriate.  Kim did go to Rinna's room and fumbled around so the two of them could continuing filming.  Then there was the finale, where Rinna was given every opportunity to essentially confirm what Kyle had told Kim and she balked threw in some actress stuff avoided the question  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/videos/kim-gets-the-answer-she-was-looking-for but there was this http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/videos/kyle-needs-lisa-rs-support so Rinna had done a lot of, dare I say manipulating, including blaming Kyle.   By the time the Reunion rolled around when Amsterdam was revisited and Kim, in spite of being given free reign to out any Harry's rumor, passed.  Kim did not say she only said, "let's talk about the husband." Even the then likeable Eileen called Rinna out for her vacillating in Amsterdam.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-5/videos/does-lisa-r-have-eileens-back What Kim did do is bring up Rinna's threatening texts which now in Kim's mind Rinna has come after her three times since the "let's talk about the husband."  Add in the fake "I love you Kim," and that was all that Kim needed to show once again, Rinna can't keep her faux concern out for Kim out of her mouth primarily because Rinna does faux concern and then attacks Kim behind her back.  

Ineloquently put I do believe Kim is relying on Rinna's subsequent Amsterdam dinner drama behavior in asking for an apology.   Kim had nothing to do with Rinna in Season Six but Rinna just continually wants Kim to feel bad about herself.  By this scene Season 6, http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/episode-20/videos/we-can-move-on-from-this-friendship I thought Kyle summed it up best.  If course Kim has Erika and Yolanda in her corner.

To sum it up I believe Kim feels she has not continued to bring up Harry but Rinna won't butt out of her life and for that she was owed an apology.  To me where the conversation should go is why Kim seems incapable of apologizing. 

I don't think that the apology from Lisar was fake, but she will lose me by continuing to bring up Kim and her issues, so there is that. But putting that aside, when has Kim ever given any kind of apology? Fake or otherwise? And she has a long list of things to apologize for. What will the reaction be if she goes after Kyle again? What will it be when she blames the latest victim of the dog attack on the victim? Or on Kyle, or on Mauricio, or her son, or society at large? My guess is that folks will list her prior crimes and this one against Lisar will be trotted out, because regardless of whether or not Lisar is liked, what Kim did is still wrong. 

It reminds me of how Brandi got away with so much. Folks didn't like Adrienne, so it was initially all OK. Forget what Brandi had done to her, Adrienne responded by calling Brandi a horrible mom who slept all day and so Brandi wouldn't be held accountable for being the one to do the horrible thing in the beginning.  The judgement about their behavior becomes about who is the fan favorite. It things had gone differently last season and LVP and Lisar had never had an issue, does anyone doubt that Lisar would be viewed differently this season with regard to her interaction with Kim? That the thing that Kim did to Lisar two seasons ago would be minimized now? Or if Kim wasn't being nice to LVP? If she had a big problem with her this season? It is just strange to me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I don't think that the apology from Lisar was fake, but she will lose me by continuing to bring up Kim and her issues, so there is that. But putting that aside, when has Kim ever given any kind of apology? Fake or otherwise? And she has a long list of things to apologize for. What will the reaction be if she goes after Kyle again? What will it be when she blames the latest victim of the dog attack on the victim? Or on Kyle, or on Mauricio, or her son, or society at large? My guess is that folks will list her prior crimes and this one against Lisar will be trotted out, because regardless of whether or not Lisar is liked, what Kim did is still wrong. 

It reminds me of how Brandi got away with so much. Folks didn't like Adrienne, so it was initially all OK. Forget what Brandi had done to her, Adrienne responded by calling Brandi a horrible mom who slept all day and so Brandi wouldn't be held accountable for being the one to do the horrible thing in the beginning.  The judgement about their behavior becomes about who is the fan favorite. It things had gone differently last season and LVP and Lisar had never had an issue, does anyone doubt that Lisar would be viewed differently this season with regard to her interaction with Kim? That the thing that Kim did to Lisar two seasons ago would be minimized now? Or if Kim wasn't being nice to LVP? If she had a big problem with her this season? It is just strange to me. 

Most here were calling Rinna out about her need to talk about Kim after Kyle asked her to stop last season and that was before Lisa/Rinna fallout. So, Yes, I think most here think she needs to stop talking about Kim no matter who she is friends with.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

How does this keep getting forgotten? Kim started it, demanding an apology. Did Lisar say something stupid in response? She did, but she has acknowledged that she didn't go "high" in her response. She has said she should not have mentioned Kim's arrest. She gave an actual apology for the things she said about Kim. When has Kim ever done anything similar? Are folks forgetting the season that she kept after Ken and LVP for not attending her party? She is like a dog with a bone. She never lets anything slide, demanding others take responsibility for their actions while accepting zero responsibility for any of her own.

And with regard to Eileen, it seems like the narrative is that she is manipulating Lisar. Funny since all of last season was about how LVP couldn't possibly be manipulating Lisar (or anyone else) because everyone has free will. 

I don't see any contradiction or irony. Eileen is a self-proclaimed "grown-ass" women nearing 60 and Rinna styles her own self as the ne plus ultra of craftiness with declarations like, "don't hustle the hustler!" It's baldly ridiculous that Lisa has some sort of ability to compel Rinna, Erika, or any other sentient adult possessed of elementary critical thinking faculties to "do and say things that they don't want to do" - which is the argument that Brandi first promoted and Rinna echoed last season by insisting that she had been conflicted about broaching the woes of Yo from a publicly skeptical perspective until Lisa supposedly made remarks that not even Harry will cosign recalling ("there goes our storyline"), etc, etc.

Now, we have Eileen speculating that Dorit dislikes her because of Lisa's nefarious influence. No, I'm pretty sure that she just thinks Eileen is an asshole from direct engagement like getting shouted down with such gems as "stop taking! You talk too much!!!" 

Likewise, I think that Dorit's analysis of the relationship between Rinna and Eileen was about, well, their asshole symbiosis as opposed to manipulation. From my own subjective perspective, I don't get how it's even a question that Eileen inserts herself into situations that don't directly involve her; vocally and aggressively lobbies Rinna to alter and often outright reverse her positions that they comply with Eileen's interpretation of events as well as to modify her behavior and actions so that they meet some sort of Eileen-approved standard; and that Rinna collaboratively participates in this process (which is why I don't know that "manipulation" works as a description here; frankly, the dynamic is simply creepy). It happened in Amsterdam when Eileen scolded Rinna for glossing over her blowout with Kim because, you know, how could Eileen address Kim herself regarding their own tangential conflict? Entirely coincidentally, Rinna has an epiphany in which she determines that reneging on the detente with Kim is the ticket and elects to start sending threatening text messages. It happened in Dubai when Eileen told Rinna that she was a bad friend for initially declining to castigate Lisa as "manipulative" and Rinna significantly altered the tone of Kyle's "bring you down in flames with me" account in order to pander to Eileen's outrage. And it's happening this year with the odd revisionism regarding the PK dinner: I've noticed that Eileen as often as not characterizes the situation as "when my mother's death was brought up" or "when it came up" rather than sticking to the reality that Rinna introduced the topic into the discourse. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

An apology (except for LVP and Kim) is easy,, it is the subsequent behavior that determines if the apology was sincere.  The reason LVP and Kim are in a good place (and Kim has Brandi as a BFF) is they are cut from the same cloth when it comes to making apologies that aren't sincere.  I do think Kim has made amends with Kyle, which doesn't mean she won't still make mistakes or that Kyle is given a superior position. 

I never like Brandi and always supported that bad mother stuff came from Cedric who Brandi had claimed was her gay BFF and "manny", so Brandi brought all that crap on herself.  LVP and Brandi So I kind of object to fan favorite stuff.  I did not like LVP when she friends with Brandi or when she went after Mauricio's business and never cared for Yolanda. So when LVP sided with Yolanda, in spite of film footage to the contrary LVP needed to convince me she was capable of a redemption arc. I have always liked Kyle and there was a point Season 3 & 4, where most of the cast was actively trying to eliminate her.  I never understood it.  She had Brandi, Yolanda, LVP and Carlton to battle.  My dislike of Rinna began when she wouldn't defend Kyle and admit to what she said about Brandi and then put it back on Kim.  I also thought her texts to Kim were indefensible and she did use her father as an excuse.  The fact that Kim went bonkers on Kyle at the Reunion didn't excuse Rinna's behavior.

May be just me, but when one is repeatedly asked to stop discussing someone, especially by their sister and they keep it up, there is a problem.  I do believe that LVP is sincere in wanting Kim to be happy and sober and is mature and developed enough to realize that Kim isn't going to be anymore sober or happy by others' inflicting their ideas of what makes her good person or how and when she should apologize.  Kim as well as the rest of us, was given what we saw, and inside information from her sister about the Yolanda/LVP situation.  I do think Kim is smart enough and been around Hollywood friends long enough to see the difference between malice and just not liking someone.  I think they are all wise not to get into the Yolanda vs. LVP matter. 

What is strange to me, is why Rinna thinks anyone cares about Kim'a sobriety.  Or more importantly why she keeps talking about it.  

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I don't see any contradiction or irony. Eileen is a self-proclaimed "grown-ass" women nearing 60 and Rinna styles her own self as the ne plus ultra of craftiness with declarations like, "don't hustle the hustler!" It's baldly ridiculous that Lisa has some sort of ability to compel Rinna, Erika, or any other sentient adult possessed of elementary critical thinking faculties to "do and say things that they don't want to do" - which is the argument that Brandi first promoted and Rinna echoed last season by insisting that she had been conflicted about broaching the woes of Yo from a publicly skeptical perspective until Lisa supposedly made remarks that not even Harry will cosign recalling ("there goes our storyline"), etc, etc.

Now, we have Eileen speculating that Dorit dislikes her because of Lisa's nefarious influence. No, I'm pretty sure that she just thinks Eileen is an asshole from direct engagement like getting shouted down with such gems as "stop taking! You talk too much!!!" 

Likewise, I think that Dorit's analysis of the relationship between Rinna and Eileen was about, well, their asshole symbiosis as opposed to manipulation. From my own subjective perspective, I don't get how it's even a question that Eileen inserts herself into situations that don't directly involve her; vocally and aggressively lobbies Rinna to alter and often outright reverse her positions that they comply with Eileen's interpretation of events as well as to modify her behavior and actions so that they meet some sort of Eileen-approved standard; and that Rinna collaboratively participates in this process (which is why I don't know that "manipulation" works as a description here; frankly, the dynamic is simply creepy). It happened in Amsterdam when Eileen scolded Rinna for glossing over her blowout with Kim because, you know, how could Eileen address Kim herself regarding their own tangential conflict? Entirely coincidentally, Rinna has an epiphany in which she determines that reneging on the detente with Kim is the ticket and elects to start sending threatening text messages. It happened in Dubai when Eileen told Rinna that she was a bad friend for initially declining to castigate Lisa as "manipulative" and Rinna significantly altered the tone of Kyle's "bring you down in flames with me" account in order to pander to Eileen's outrage. And it's happening this year with the odd revisionism regarding the PK dinner: I've noticed that Eileen as often as not characterizes the situation as "when my mother's death was brought up" or "when it came up" rather than sticking to the reality that Rinna introduced the topic into the discourse. 

It depends on the argument. If the argument is that LVP cannot be considered manipulative because Lisar (and all the rest of them) are grown-ups, yet Eileen can be manipulative even though Lisar is a grown-up,  that is a contradiction. I fully concede that LVP can be manipulative and so can Eileen. They may both be manipulating Lisar, Dorit, Kyle, etc.  It is just interesting coming out of last season where so many were sick and tired of hearing about how one HW had the ability to get in a person's ear and influence their thoughts and words, that this is what we are hearing from many regarding Eileen.

• Love 3

The difference for me is that I watched Eileen do it, I have only seen the others accuse LVP, I have not seen her do it.  So there is a presumption that she is either smart enough to do it off camera or she didn't. I watched Rinna be molded like clay under Eileen's influence and disapproval. That isn't nebulous.

• Love 19

On my list of reasons to dislike Eden:  http://www.inquisitr.com/3887236/eden-sassoon-thinks-khloe-kardashian-should-join-rhobh-fans-disagree/

She has never even met Khloe Kardashian.  The only who is friends with Khloe is Kyle and has been friends with the family for years.  I don't find much redeeming about Khloe, and it tickles me Eden is getting backlash.  She being a "friend of the RH" to a whole new level of why not to be promoted. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Although Kim has caused a lot of pain with her addiction behavior, I don't see an upside with Kim trying to move forward when Rinna wants to keep going after her.  It is like Eileen with her affair, sometimes you have to own it and move forward.

Kim's abstinence from alcohol may not deliver appropriate explanations for why she did what she did but there is nothing wrong with moving forward without addressing her past demons-publicly.  I am still at a loss what benefit Rinna derives from Kim's misery.  Kim was hardest on Kyle right before her break and Kyle seems to have moved on. 

This episode Kim kind of broke the tension with her comments about not wearing panties.  Once she interjected into the Eileen/Rinna conversation she was relegated to being "that drunk" who hasn't worked her program enough and has little to add to any conversation and was arrested.  Granted the last interaction with Kim of any consequence was her unnecessarily going after Kyle,  And Kim doesn't owe them an apology for how she treated Kyle-just Kyle.  

I think Kim looks fine and most importantly she feels good about herself.  She has miles to go before she can have peace but for a little smidgen of time she felt good about herself-until she wasn't allowed to.

It seems like Kim is never allowed to feel good about herself until she fulfills the whole worlds requirement of self flagging.. I'm just over the intense scrutiny. Whether people want to be forgiving or not is obviously an individual decision however the reality is Kim's challenges with her sobriety and accountability for her sins fall within those closest to her. Those are the ones she needs to put her focus on and not trying to appease the masses cause, ya know, "Justice". I'm tired of outsiders in Kim's life interjecting to inappropriate degrees their demands on how Kim should be treated by those close to her.. Calling Kyle an enabler is like saying "Kyle shouldn't be pretending Kim is sober and should call her out" I mean that's not for someone not involved to demand. Plus we all Know Rinna can't be sure what the real deal is so her assessment and suggestions can't have any real merit. She doesn't know what sort of lines in the sand the family has implemented and how they go about monitoring the situation so Rinna needs to just shut up already.. Its like she's not happy unless she gets a weekly update on how Kim's maintaining her sobriety and measures taken to get official proof that she hasn't fallen off the wagon. She's practically vying for the woman to pee in a cup every month. I'm so sick of her. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

It seems like Kim is never allowed to feel good about herself until she fulfills the whole worlds requirement of self flagging.. I'm just over the intense scrutiny. Whether people want to be forgiving or not is obviously an individual decision however the reality is Kim's challenges with her sobriety and accountability for her sins fall within those closest to her. Those are the ones she needs to put her focus on and not trying to appease the masses cause, ya know, "Justice". I'm tired of outsiders in Kim's life interjecting to inappropriate degrees their demands on how Kim should be treated by those close to her.. Calling Kyle an enabler is like saying "Kyle shouldn't be pretending Kim is sober and should call her out" I mean that's not for someone not involved to demand. Plus we all Know Rinna can't be sure what the real deal is so her assessment and suggestions can't have any real justifications. She doesn't know what sort of lines in the sand the family has implemented and how they go about monitoring the situation so Rinna needs to just shut up already.. Its like she's not happy unless she gets a weekly update on how Kim's maintaining her sobriety and measures taken to get official proof that she hasn't fallen off the wagon. She's practically vying for the woman to pee in a cup every month. I'm so sick of her. 

IMO, Rinna saw that most viewers agreed with her calling out Kim's behavior and her drug/alcohol abuse after the limo scene so she now thinks she speaks for all viewers which means she is unlikely to back off even though most viewers now want her to. Her going after Kyle by calling her an "enabler" is a part of that mind set but it is due, more so, because she is upset that Kyle didn't chose her/Eileen over Lisa last season. I really think Rinna and Eileen thought they would become the top 2 BH HWs when they joined the show and are gobsmacked that they aren't. LOL

• Love 9
On 1/14/2017 at 0:00 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Despite myself, I thought I was liking sober Kim until the shit show at end of the episode.  Did anyone else think the makeup job in her THs looked like channeling Bette Davis in "Baby Jane"?  This, contrasted with earlier in the show, how gorgeous she was in the glam shot taken in her glory days -- man, the depth of her fall is truly mind boggling  Frightening even!  Was this intentional on the part of the producers?

Ha ha ha! I love the Baby Jane reference. Its perfect!

As for the Erika pretending to be a singer, I think its sad that, for all her talk about being okay with being 40, Erika is trying to hold on to her youth. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill for a body like hers, but just as sitting in a rocker is ridiculous for someone in their 40's, so is slithering around on a bed in as little clothing as possible pretending people want to see it. At least she's spending her own money to do it, or at least Tom's, but i'm sure she's earned it somehow.

• Love 5

The gossip around my neighborhood about her was harsh. Nothing to do with The Affair.

You mean the rumor that Eileen was born male? I so wish that would get brought up on the show somehow. Yes, it's a silly ol' rumor, but watching Eileen death-grip her pearls over it would be hilarious.

• Love 9

Someone should investigate the death cluster in her family and her whereabouts at the time of their demise. We know how she gets if you don't apologize in a manner she deems sincere and contrite.

• Love 19
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, NYCFree said:

It's not a tax write off if it never show a profit, otherwise it's just an expensive hobby and hobbies are not tax deductible.

I'll bet they do write off the expenses, at least to the degree of the (presumably small) amount of money she makes from any gigs, iTunes sales (yeah, her songs are on iTunes), or whatever.  If she has contracts to perform, it's a business.  Not a lucrative business I would guess, but she can deduct the business expenses to the extent of her income.  That said, I assume her costs exceed the income - though based on those "sets," she's not spending that much money.

I'm not sure if she can deduct the clothing and jewelry.  You can deduct uniforms, because they are required and you only wear them at work.  All this assumes the IRS even audits the tax return of course.

Did I hear in the previews that she's claiming to have performed in front of a 30,000 crowd?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mrs peel said:

I'll bet they do write off the expenses, at least to the degree of the (presumably small) amount of money she makes from any gigs, iTunes sales (yeah, her songs are on iTunes), or whatever.  If she has contracts to perform, it's a business.  Not a lucrative business I would guess, but she can deduct the business expenses to the extent of her income.  That said, I assume her costs exceed the income - though based on those "sets," she's not spending that much money.

I'm not sure if she can deduct the clothing and jewelry.  You can deduct uniforms, because they are required and you only wear them at work.  All this assumes the IRS even audits the tax return of course.

Did I hear in the previews that she's claiming to have performed in front of a 30,000 crowd?

That low? I thought colonies of STD bacteria were more numerous and resilient.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Mrs peel said:

Mrs. Peel, I posted the event on the First Looks - it is a grand gathering of gay men in Greece for a 10 day event.  It looks like a lot of fun.

Apparently, they have trouble paying their taxes. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, nexxie said:

While really enjoying the puppet game overall, I hope that lady bits part LVP did to LR was some producer's lame idea. Creepy.

When LVP was maneuvering LisaR's hands to touch her boobs and crotch...the ladies were shouting out masturbation.

I was hoping one of them had shouted...oooh oooh!!! I know, Erika Jayne lip syncing and patting the puss.

• Love 10

Yikes.  There's a lot of talk about LR saying Kyle enables Kim which we've seen a snippet of on the preview of next week's episode.  We don't even know the context in which this was said.  Remember, this is Bravo.  I'm not going to condemn LR before we've even seen the entire scene.  And who brought up Kim?  Was is LR or was it Eden?   It seems that it may be Eden given the other preview clip with Eden asking Kyle a whole bunch of questions about Kim.

LR got so much heat but she didn't bring up the past this episode.  Kim did.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Yikes.  There's a lot of talk about LR saying Kyle enables Kim which we've seen a snippet of on the preview of next week's episode.  We don't even know the context in which this was said.  Remember, this is Bravo.  I'm not going to condemn LR before we've even seen the entire scene.  And who brought up Kim?  Was is LR or was it Eden?   It seems that it may be Eden given the other preview clip with Eden asking Kyle a whole bunch of questions about Kim.

LR got so much heat but she didn't bring up the past this episode.  Kim did.

Yes, of course we all know how Bravo loves to tease us with some preview then switch it up during the episode. LOL That said, Yes, Kim interjected herself into a conversation but she was spot on about how Rinna and Eileen act. She should have stopped there, giving her opinion from her past experiences with them and left her quest for yet another apology alone. She didn't and Rinna just could not resist cutting Kim to the bone for Kim exposing their truth, blood drawn on both sides. LOL

Now, as to who starts that conversation, be it Eden or Rinna, it doesn't matter IMO, because Rinna has no current personal knowledge of Kim's/Kyle's personal relationship. She has no idea whether or not Kyle "enables" Kim's addictions, none and it is really shitty for Rinna to talk about Kyle, someone she considers a friend,  in this manner to someone that doesn't personally know either Kyle or Kim. And then to sit there with that stupid look on her face while Eden tries to drill Kyle about Kim's personal business is disgusting. I really hope that the others start fighting fire with fire when it comes to Rinna/Eileen and outing their secrets/personal business like they are doing.

• Love 10

Kim is an emotionally vampire, whether she's sober or not is irrelevant, she's going to just suck the life out of whoever is around her.  I do not want to watch her, for this reason.  Was Rinna wrong to say what she said about the arrest? Yes, it was tasteless.  Was Kim wrong to sit there and deny that she talked shit about Harry? Yes.  But, since Kim is the e-vampire, no one will ever get anywhere with her, so you basically need to cut and run and just keep her at a very polite distance.  (One that is, preferably, not on my television)  

I get frustrated when people immediately trash apologies as conditional when you say the word "if"  To me there's a huge difference between saying "I'm sorry IF I hurt your feelings."  Period, full stop, nothing else.  Or, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, it absolutely wasn't my intention, I was trying to say x and it just came out wrong.  Both say "I'm sorry IF" but one, to me, is not conditional.  I am simply explaining how the situation occurred, in addition to apologizing for it happening.  

I think both Dorit and Eileen need to shut up.  Eileen because I don't even know why she's talking anymore.  Dorit needs to own that she ran all over town talking about how Erika was on display instead of just giving her a heads up.  Then when that is pointed out to her, she starts freaking out on everyone else and twisting what she said and trying to make those words everyone else's.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, of course we all know how Bravo loves to tease us with some preview then switch it up during the episode. LOL That said, Yes, Kim interjected herself into a conversation but she was spot on about how Rinna and Eileen act. She should have stopped there, giving her opinion from her past experiences with them and left her quest for yet another apology alone. She didn't and Rinna just could not resist cutting Kim to the bone for Kim exposing their truth, blood drawn on both sides. LOL

Now, as to who starts that conversation, be it Eden or Rinna, it doesn't matter IMO, because Rinna has no current personal knowledge of Kim's/Kyle's personal relationship. She has no idea whether or not Kyle "enables" Kim's addictions, none and it is really shitty for Rinna to talk about Kyle, someone she considers a friend,  in this manner to someone that doesn't personally know either Kyle or Kim. And then to sit there with that stupid look on her face while Eden tries to drill Kyle about Kim's personal business is disgusting. I really hope that the others start fighting fire with fire when it comes to Rinna/Eileen and outing their secrets/personal business like they are doing.

Kim should have stopped before giving any opinion because she wasn't entitled to give any opinion given her past behavior.  If she wants to go there she has to take responsibility for 'her' behavior. 

We have  no idea of what LR's  statement is about.  Kyle is my favorite housewife in all the franchise's by far.  However, Kyle has and does enable Kim. Yep.  She's not perfect.  One of the reasons why I like her so much.  Drawing conclusions is unfair at this point.  And saying that Kyle enables Kim's addiction is unfair because Kim's 'addictions' wasn't said at this point. What LR said was that Kyle said that she enables Kim.  See past behavior.  The rest is an assumption. 

I get it.  Kyle isn't perfect.  I get the position that Kyle has been in.  It sucks.

I know you don't mean to but the LOL's don't always come across in the way you may think they do.  At least, I hope they don't.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Kim should have stopped before giving any opinion because she wasn't entitled to give any opinion given her past behavior.  If she wants to go there she has to take responsibility for 'her' behavior. 

We have  no idea of what LR's  statement is about.  Kyle is my favorite housewife in all the franchise's by far.  However, Kyle has and does enable Kim. Yep.  She's not perfect.  One of the reasons why I like her so much.  Drawing conclusions is unfair at this point.  And saying that Kyle enables Kim's addiction is unfair because Kim's 'addictions' wasn't said at this point. What LR said was that Kyle said that she enables Kim.  See past behavior.  The rest is an assumption. 

I get it.  Kyle isn't perfect.  I get the position that Kyle has been in.  It sucks.

I know you don't mean to but the LOL's don't always come across in the way you may think they do.  At least, I hope they don't.

Is Kim not entitled to give her opinion because she wasn't there or because she is a drunk?  This entire season has been based around people weighing in on situations  where they weren't present, so in all fairness to Kim, she had experience with the Rinna/Eileen dynamic and all she really had to do was watch the show last season.  Kim's opinion should not be any less valuable because she is an alcoholic.  There are times when Kim's view is skewed how others behave but not so much as to totally disqualify her from the conversation.

Calling someone an enabler is not a compliment and under no circumstances should Rinna continue to comment on Kyle and Kim's dynamic.  Not to sound like Brandi or Yolanda but Rinna does label people.  Kim is the addict, Kyle is the enabler, Kim is mostly sober.  We have no idea what role Kyle plays in Kim's life at the present time.  If what Rinna is referring to, past years when Kyle covered for Kim, (Season 1), I do believe it has been shown that Kim withdraws from Kyle and does not speak to her.  If Rinna feels like the mere presence of Kim at Kyles events, thereby generating a paycheck for Kim is enabling then she needs to go stand in the corner.  It is really not a very fine line between punishing someone and accepting them back into your life after rehab.  So much of last season was wasted on Rinna's outrage of Yolanda passing up dinner at Erika's in favor of Yolanda filming with Brandi and Kim.  So much so to the point she decided to blame LVP for manipulating her regarding the Munchausen's comment.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It depends on the argument. If the argument is that LVP cannot be considered manipulative because Lisar (and all the rest of them) are grown-ups, yet Eileen can be manipulative even though Lisar is a grown-up,  that is a contradiction. I fully concede that LVP can be manipulative and so can Eileen. They may both be manipulating Lisar, Dorit, Kyle, etc.  It is just interesting coming out of last season where so many were sick and tired of hearing about how one HW had the ability to get in a person's ear and influence their thoughts and words, that this is what we are hearing from many regarding Eileen.

But there is a difference. What LVP was accused of subtly dropping comments here and there. Making an observation and double talking in order to get a desired result without being direct about what she wants to see transpire so that she has plausible deniability later. It was all very sinister and covert and DESIGNED to be deceptive without the person or persons knowing that there is a bigger plan in effect. Didn't happen and it's a very ridiculous claim to make among "grown ass women".

Eileen however, bombards LisaR and uses their friendship as the foundation for her gripes and disappointments. Eileen flat out says to Rinna that she doesn't like her ALL READY MADE DECISIONS and actions or lack of action and comes to her as a disappointed friend. She deliberately points out how she feels  are missteps by Rinna and encourages her to take action to correct Rinnas intended direction in any particular situation. Eileen gives "advice" that suggest that Rinna change her behavior in a way that counters decisions that Rinna has already made for herself. Eileen isn't throwing nuggests out planting seeds. The thing with Eileen is that her tendencies to insert herself has had her jump in and back Rinna on a number of occasions causing her to fall out of favor with whoever she's backing Rinna against. When Rinna then flip flops and makes nice nice with that person Eileen is left with her own conflict because once Eileen gets involved to defend Rinna she goes hard and creates her own discord with that person.

That's the motivation for why Eileen does what she does to Rinna. It's like "bitch I took a risk to back you now SHE doesn't like ME and now you guys are all buddy buddy while we are shooting daggers at each other"? Basically Eileen isn't shy about telling Rinna that she's not happy about any decisions Rinna makes that isn't in line with Eileen's agenda when it comes with dealing with the other ladies because at this point they are supposed to "have each others back" at least to Eileen anyway.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I don't get this entitled equation.

Shitty behavior is shitty behavior.

She participated in a conversation. Big whoop.

I personally think Kim being a hot mess isn't enough for Kim's name to keep coming out of Rinna's mouth.

A little quip from Kim at one dinner party isn't enough to have this whole "addiction talk" avalanche crash down on all of us yet again.  Complete lunacy I say and I'm really tired of that recipe. She's Kyle's sister, she will be popping up here and there, she's an addict, MOVE ON.

The fact that Rinna is even engaging in a conversation about Kim and Kyle regarding Kim's addiction is absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for.

Full Stop and

Point. Blank. Period.

The addiction isn't what ANYONE wants to hear and yet Rinna continues to pull on that thread through any means necessary.

Good God she's awful!

• Love 7
On 1/10/2017 at 9:55 PM, itsadryheat said:

Eileen. I. Can’t. Anymore.

Been watching YR4ever. Excited when I heard she was joining RHBH . . . that should have been a red flag. Since denial is my safe place, I want to believe she is playing a “character”.

Last episode, during the lunch at Camille’s, specifically the “being in your 40’s” conversation, Eileen says something to the effect “that in your 40’s you just don’t care what anyone says anymore” (paraphrase).

Obviously that is not true. Eileen is like a dog with a bone for any remark she deems a slight. Righter of Wrongs. Seeker of (“her”) truths. Shit of Stirrer.

Help me keep my fantasy. . . that she is a cool person and I am not understanding what I am watching.

Obnoxious. Jerk. Exhausting.

I think someone said it on WWHL when discussing the show - I don't know - I can't claim it. But they said Eileen's personality is like a vagina in human form. That makes me laugh so much because I have one and that makes complete sense. 

• Love 1
On 1/11/2017 at 1:47 PM, lunastartron said:

My objections to Erika are pretty wholistic and all-encompassing. Firstly, I think her typical EJ garb and hyper-selfsexualization are pathetic and more or less repugnant. Not necessarily because of textbook ageist inclinations but because the aforementioned characteristics are reflective of Erika's foundational vacuity and, to cite that beloved franchise buzzword, hypocrisy. For a self-styled warrior queen who tells it like it is, she is a woman who depends almost entirety on men in both the personal and professional arenas of her life as well as the crossroads at which they intersect. Viewers are treated to self-mythologizing pats on the back about how she's racked up eight or nine "Billboard number ones" with nary a mention of the rather salient facts that the chart in question is one of the most obscure and specific categories within said Billboard metric; that these accomplishments were funded entirely by the money a man made; and that, creatively and sartorially, the personage of Erika Jayne is effectively entirely authored by homosexual men. I'm my even sure that Erika herself actively wants to wear the clothes on which she gyrates around in her performances doing some gay male fantasy of women's lib (which is really weird enough since misogyny is pretty much a foundational element of this crude collective fetishization of female "power"). All of her references to clothes are about how the shit she wears must be fabulous because it's "a Mugler" or "Moschino" - for her, the label stitched on the seams is its own self-evident justification for how legitimate a piece of clothing is. And that's pretty reflective of her entire persona to me. She's like a puerile and idiotic adolescent who never grew out of the premise that things are valuable not because she inherently identifies with them but because their brand provenance is edifying in and of itself.   Which is not worthy of "you go, girl" applause or respect in any capacity imo.

As for the matter of Tom being willing to pay for her pursuits? Sure, we all do self-indulgent things. But degree IS the entire point of moral dichotomies. Do we all lie? Sure. Do we all lie on our tax returns in order to evade collection of income and/or feign illness in order to curtail criticism and garner sympathy? No, most people certainly don't. I don't think behavior has to "hurt" anyone to be grotesque.

So much true here. But Erika strikes me as a scrappy one who figured out how to "make it in this town" using all the resources she has to maintain her position in a place that will reward you for a fabulous illusion. And gives her something to do while her husband is away. I just hope she somehow unravels all that into graceful aging before something other than her puss is popping on stage.

• Love 3
On 01/11/2017 at 9:05 AM, ghoulina said:

Yea. Erika Jane is not my thing. At all. But as long as she's having fun, I don't really care. SOME people must be into it, as there seems to be a demand for more songs? I don't know. I guess I just don't see who it's hurting. If someone doesn't want to see it (and I don't), don't watch her videos or go to her performances.

I agree. Unfortunately, production keeps shoving this stuff onto my TV, and I'm really sick of it. My FF finger is getting too much of a workout. And I sure would like to know on which bargain basement "hit" list her song is #1!

• Love 1
On 1/16/2017 at 1:52 PM, jaync said:

You mean the rumor that Eileen was born male? I so wish that would get brought up on the show somehow. Yes, it's a silly ol' rumor, but watching Eileen death-grip her pearls over it would be hilarious.

Yes that silly rumor would push her over the edge. Can you imagine the apology tour and casserole parade though!