Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: A Shocking Revelation

• Start Topic

Meri's only daughter, Mariah, makes a stunning announcement; the whole family heads to a mountain resort where Meri struggles to connect with Mariah, who remains angry about the catfishing.

For those who were hoping the catfish story was over-no joy. And they are going on a vacay so soon after the Montana wedding? Thank goodness for TLC money.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

I wonder what mountain resort they're going to now? Yeah, must be nice. 

And I realize Meri has not been completely truthful about the catfish situation but how long can Mariah hold a grudge? 

Probably until Mariah gets an actual  genuine apology from her Mother (sans tears or constant sarcastic laughter) & until Meri tells the truth.

Never mind that "I haven't  apologized because Mariah won't talk to me" bulldinkie from Meri. 

That's a disgrace considering this is the same woman that begged pleaded & apologized to a virtual stranger on a constant basis ... who did not exist. 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 13

Sista Snarky, I believe you're right. Meri needs to come completely clean  and quit spewing all this obvious lying and bullshit. Until then, there will always be those lies between, just lingering, and Mariah can't truly move on from that. At least, that's what I've always found in my life. We can deal with the facts and truth, but it's hard to get through the bullshit. Meri needs to come completely clean because humans can identify with loneliness and human emotions and the things we sometimes do because of that, but the lying? Ugh.

• Love 16

I haven't watched in years. I watched the first catfish episode last year, a short part of the Tell Nothing where she discussed the catfish, and the episode last Sunday. Well the first two hours, I didn't watch the third hour clip show. So, I guess that would be technically three times, unless the two hour episode counts as two in which case it would be four times. 

I also had a few hours in reading about the catfish on the blog of the book review, that I can't remember the name of at the moment, and Meri and "Sam" Twitter accounts when "Sam" first made his appearance, along with Nick's blog at some point when it was posted on Cynical Jinx's blog while Meri was still in the relationship with "Sam" but after Robyn made her FB page to answer questions and said "Sam" wasn't going to appear on the show because he was just an internet friend, which lead to the Nick's blog link when it was pointed out, again, that "Sam" was JO. That didn't seem to stay on her page, though, so I really don't remember where the link came into play. 

Anyhow, waaaaaay too much time invested and actually empathy felt for a stranger who proceeds to lie to me about what happened when she gets the chance to tell her side of the story. The Browns are boring and there is no way I'm sitting through another two hour episode. And for some reason, the quote box insists on being at the bottom of this post instead of the top. 

15 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Just twice?  LOL...  I am not tuning in either.  

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

I wonder what mountain resort they're going to now? Yeah, must be nice. 

And I realize Meri has not been completely truthful about the catfish situation but how long can Mariah hold a grudge? 

The producers probably went on Trip Advisor and Yelp and intentionally picked the crappiest resort they could find.

I'm going to guess Big Bear, because it's cheap, relatively close by, and Mykelti posted a photo of a family reunion there on her IG this past summer with FT flashing his usual peace or gang sign. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 1

I find if you can wait for the second showing, or DVRing it, TLC splits up the episodes.  I have to DVR it anyway, so I won't have to schlep through all the unnecessary nonsense.

• Love 1

Give me a fucking break.  It's probably for the best that she did this in front of the cameras.  At least that ensures that she won't receive the reactions that she most likely would have if she'd announced this in private.  And I'm loving Robyn's teary reactions and celebratory hugs, as if she's been some integral part of this clusterfuck from day one.  That woman sickens me.  Are the other women really too stupid to see what a stealth bitch she is?  Silly question, huh?

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 18

Enjoy the show folks...if you can. I DVR'ed the show to watch the Golden Globes. I just have to ask this question...

Why in THE HELL does this show need to be THREE HOURS now? Seriously? I'm sure the many of us are barely making it through the season as it is!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Steff said:

I'm so confused!   I LIKE the way Kodouche & Robin handled Meri in this discussion.  Having a brother who came out, they are saying many of the same things we said to religious relatives who didn't get it.  I'm just shocked that it came from the 2 worst people on the show. 

Robyn and Kody came across as rational and balanced during the conversation because they rehearsed it prior to walking over to Meri's.

Did anyone else catch Kody impatiently tapping his fingers on the wetbar counter while Meri cried.  Kody is such a fucking creep.

Can Caleb take the chewing tobacco out of his mouth before their talking head segments.  Yuck.

• Love 14

If my ONLY child told me he is gay I would always love him BUT I totally understand Meri and feel her pain.  It also distresses me the way Robyn completely disregarded the child's right to a father, like it is no big deal.  I also completely agree with Kody that his function is to love and not judge.  What I don't understand is grandma's "awesome" at the big reveal.  Why was it awesome?

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Robyn and Kody came across as rational and balanced during the conversation because they rehearsed it prior to walking over to Meri's.

Did anyone else catch Kody impatiently tapping his fingers on the wetbar counter while Meri cried.  Kody is such a fucking creep.

Can Caleb take the chewing tobacco out of his mouth before their talking head segments.  Yuck.

omg I might have to watch this ep when it comes out on Amazon or wherever.  Caleb chews?  ewwwwww

• Love 1

Wonder if Mariah had not gone away to a small college if she would have realized she was gay as young as she is. Wasn't sure before if she was really gay or just bi-curious, now I really think she is gay and good for her for coming out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Mariah has no room to criticize other people's eyebrows

Could be some chick's pubic hair and not her eyebrows.

5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

omg I might have to watch this ep when it comes out on Amazon or wherever.  Caleb chews?  ewwwwww

Or he's storing food for the winter in his cheeks.

• Love 1

This is why my brother & I had a conversation with our mom before she ever talked to our brother who just came out.  Meri is making it so much harder than it has to be.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Steff said:

Because it's such freedom for a gay person for it to be out there & be accepted.   Too many have to live 2 separate lives.  Once it's out, they don't have to do that anymore.  They are finally free of the hiding, the double speak, the fear of being outted.   It's awesome because it's great that Mariah #1 knows this for herself and #2 that she's accepted by her own family. 

Did not come across that way at all.  Typically a person would say "it's awesome you can tell us" or similar....not merely AWESOME.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Did not come across that way at all.  Typically a person would say "it's awesome you can tell us" or similar....not merely AWESOME.

If there's anything we know about this family, they are not typical. 

6 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Too bad Meri didn't accept Robyn's advice to get her thoughts in order before speaking to Mariah.  Her verbal fumbling was pathetic.

Why would she take Robyn's advice?  She made the mistake of trusting Robyn and the woman took everything from Meri.  Robyn even has the type of relationship with Mariah that Meri cries for.  I wouldn't trust Robyn and her blowjob jaw as far as I could throw her.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

It also distresses me the way Robyn completely disregarded the child's right to a father, like it is no big deal.

I believe the kids of my lesbian friends would say it was no big deal that they didn't have a father. And I never knew it was a child's right to have one parent or the other. Robyn was absolutely correct in saying it doesn't matter who contributes the sperm, there will be two loving moms in Mariah's family.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Sista Snarky said:

Meri thinks the entire world revolves around the way Meri feels. 

Oh I think Kody has that market cornered.   I have a lot of empathy for Meri this episode, especially coming fast on the heels of Kody basically telling her that he is not really interested in therapy right now but might as well give it a shot (after she was so pleased that he wanted to hit the catfisher to protect her).

• Love 2

I like how Meri says that one of Mariah's favorite things to do is sit and "be."  Next they show Mariah sitting on the patio with the gorgeous view of nature in all its glory, and there she is picking at her cuticles. Way to "be." So deep. So zen.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I believe the kids of my lesbian friends would say it was no big deal that they didn't have a father. And I never knew it was a child's right to have one parent or the other. Robyn was absolutely correct in saying it doesn't matter who contributes the sperm, there will be two loving moms in Mariah's family.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

• Love 2