Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: A Shocking Revelation

• Start Topic

If Meri says "Process" one more time...... UGGGGG

I am 100 per cent Team Mariah on this, because (as I have always asserted) I believe Meri has a personality disorder and I suspect that Mariah has been dealing with all kinds of BS for like, forever.

I can totally imagine the emotional blackmail and the manipulation that Meri has been raining down on her. I think Mariah has finally built this wall up to protect herself, because some distance and time away helped her to see more clearly.

• Love 5

Also, Meri kept saying to Robyn "I'm trying soooo hard!" 

I don't see that AT ALL. What I see is, like Mariah pointed out many many episodes ago, Meri trying to make Mariah just forget about everything. I suspect that's how Meri rolls -- do shit to alienate people and then do the puppydog eyes and try to manipulate the other person into letting it go. Mariah's probably been doing that since she was born. "It's Ok mom, Don't cry mom, no big deal mom, I understand mom." Some time and distance has helped Mariah see and understand how Meri manipulates her, and she is doing a hell of a job standing her ground and not being strong-armed into dismissing bad behavior that she is most certainly NOT ok with.   I don't see her as withholding her love, she is just protecting herself.

She is s grown up now and fulfilling her mother's emotional needs is certainly not her job. I was kind of impressed when Robyn said that too. Not Mariah's job to help Meri be OK with her life choices.

Frankly, I think Meri is unable to empathize with anyone, and has ZERO self awareness.   Some posters have said Mariah is just like Meri, but I don';t think so -- Meri can't get along with any of her sister wives or Kody. Mariah seems close and loving with all her siblings, and they all seem to have genuine affection for her. The dinner out with all the grown up sibs was the most genuine scenario I've seen on this show, and I loved them all. And Logan FTW with his talking head about how he felt special because Mariah told him first, and then quickly added that it's not about HIM, but rather that he felt special TO Mariah. Love love love. How did these people raise him??

AND, did I hear Caleb call Paedon "BFG"??  HAHAHAHAHAHA

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

And here I thought it meant Big F***ing Guy. I hang with the wrong people.

Hahahaha. I hang around with kids. So I caught the reference which I thought was great! 

• Love 2
On 1/29/2017 at 2:18 PM, Galloway Cave said:

And here I thought it meant Big F***ing Guy. I hang with the wrong people.

I've been a huge book nerd since I was old enough to read, so I definitely recognized the acronym, because "The BFG" is the name of one of Roald Dahl's books for children.

• Love 3