Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34: Previews and Speculation

Daisy
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Have they ever killed a mammal on the show before?

They ate rat all the way back in season 1.  And again in FvF and Samoa.  But the pig Skupin hunted, killed, and butchered was the largest mammal killed.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2017 at 0:21 AM, azshadowwalker said:

I grew up in a family that hunted and slaughtered its own livestock. It's the most honest, humane way to get meat. I can assure you that animals taken from the wild or that are raised on small farms by families die more quickly and painlessly, and have better lives up to the point of death, than anything you have ever bought at a retail outfit. I am fine with it being shown. It is better than the hamburgers they're shown scarfing at rewards. 

+1 from your friendly neighborhood vegan. All the animals on your plate were sweet and adorable before they were killed, and none of them wanted to die. At least in small farms the ranchers care for them and the individual slaughter process is leagues less sad than the factory process. I think everyone who eats meat ought to be required to visit a slaughterhouse/factory ranch/battery farm at least once a month.

But yeah, I think TPTB are going for the "will they or won't they" anticipation, and then they won't.

14 hours ago, Lamima said:

I forgot how goats scream. My teen DDs are going to flip. Not going to be pretty in my house if they kill them.

The goats are privately owned.  The Fijian islands have many goat farmers.  They are off limits.  

• Love 1

So if they kill the goats I wonder if they will be in any trouble.

hopefully it is just misdirection, and they caught the goats to get them away from their camp.  Still, what's the point of showing it?  Is that the most exciting thing that's going to happen?

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, wings707 said:

The goats are privately owned.  The Fijian islands have many goat farmers.  They are off limits.  

I don't for a minute think this happened but what would stop the show from purchasing a few goats for the drama of it IF they wanted that?  Unless it's illegal to kill goats there, it could always have happened.  Though I don't think they're that stupid.  But I assume they purchase the chickens they hand out.  

3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Anyone who knows better than I please feel free to correct me but I have the distinct impression that pretty early on (starting with S3:Africa, maybe?) players were prohibited from hunting/killing ranging land animals other than those provided by Production because the seasons were frequently being filmed in national parks and game preserves, and authorities didn't want a bunch of Americans coming in and killing protected animals for TV time.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Anyone who knows better than I please feel free to correct me but I have the distinct impression that pretty early on (starting with S3:Africa, maybe?) players were prohibited from hunting/killing ranging land animals other than those provided by Production because the seasons were frequently being filmed in national parks and game preserves, and authorities didn't want a bunch of Americans coming in and killing protected animals for TV time.

That's why I'm pretty sure that pig was a plant. You are correct.

• Love 1

Double boot next week.  We'll see if Jeff's 'oh my gosh' is a genuine 'oh my gosh' that proves exciting, or typical 'oh my gosh, this is going to make such great TV' Probst hype.

ETA: Okay, did anyone hear exactly what Probst said?  Some people on other sites are saying it sounds like 2 tribes go to TC, but only one person is getting voted off.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, 303420 said:

Seemed pretty clear to me: only one immunity; both losing tribes go to TC, one boot from each.

Did Probst say that or just that 2 tribes would go to TC.  I am intrigued by the idea of having 2 tribes have a single TC with one person being voted off, though it might be boring if the 2 tribes do not have equal numbers.  

15 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

Okay, did anyone hear exactly what Probst said?  Some people on other sites are saying it sounds like 2 tribes go to TC, but only one person is getting voted off.

So they might be ripping of Australian Survivor then if that's true. The Australian Surivivor ep where they had 2 tribes go to TC is amazing. One of the best Survivor TCs ever. I won't go into all the details as to not spoil it because everyone should really watch the latest season of Australian Survivor because it's a delight!

I hope the do copy that because when it happened I was hoping our Survivor would try it. I don't see how it could live up to the amazingness of the original though!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

So they might be ripping of Australian Survivor then if that's true. The Australian Surivivor ep where they had 2 tribes go to TC is amazing. One of the best Survivor TCs ever. I won't go into all the details as to not spoil it because everyone should really watch the latest season of Australian Survivor because it's a delight!

I hope the do copy that because when it happened I was hoping our Survivor would try it. I don't see how it could live up to the amazingness of the original though!

If we're thinking of the same twist, I'd be all for it (and I'd like to think it'd be a matter of time before that happens anyway-I do think some of the international versions need to be looked at for inspiration in twists and challenge ideas, instead of the same old stale ideas we have).  Or, if what I think happens is going to happen, twists that are downright terrible.  I'm still going with what's out there, that two tribes go to TC, and one person is voted off.  It'd make sense for them to pull that in this season, since everyone knows each other.  Maybe they're hoping for a big shake up.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Where are you watching Australia?  

On 3/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, LadyChatts said:

Sneak peek

This doesn't play for me.  Where is it, youtube?  CBS?  

Edited by wings707

Here's Jeff's tease for next week.  We'll see if he's talking about Debbie or JT:

Okay, sir. Hit us up with a tease on what to expect next week.
 Oh, I really don’t want to spoil it in any way.  But I want to deliver a tease so let me say this… Things explode in a way we haven’t seen in a while and it’s so good you’ll want to watch it more than once.

I can't figure out what could be happening that makes Debbie go absolutely nuts. The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that NuMana loses the IC and considers voting out Debbie, which Debbie gets wind of. But I kinda hope that's not it because when the promos telegraph someone in trouble they never are so I'm afraid that NuMana will lose TC but then Hali will be booted.

Edited by peachmangosteen
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I can't figure out what could be happening that makes Debbie go absolutely nuts. The only thing that makes any kind of sense is that NuMana loses the IC and considers voting out Debbie, which Debbie gets wind of. But I kinda hope that's not it because when the promos telegraph someone in trouble they never are so I'm afraid that NuMana will lose TC but then Hali will be booted.

Hali is a goner if NuMana loses, unless she finds the idol (Probst at least loves her, and she's been pretty entertaining this season, so hopefully they can make it happen).  It's why I wish NuNuku had taken the hint and tried to oust Brad.  That would have made her position so much better, and would have been a glorious blindside on top of it.  I half wondered if that was her whole 'we could go to rocks' line, because she might have known JT wasn't going to flip, leading to a 4-4 tie. 

Debbie's tirade is probably much ado about nothing.  Maybe she doesn't feel appreciated, maybe she feels she did more in the vote than they gave her credit for, maybe she overhears Brad saying she's just a loyal vote and adds nothing else.  Who knows.  Even though Hali's awesome, I could use a break from Mana.  Between Brad, Debbie, Tai, and Sierra, they are the last 4 I care to see.

I'm guessing Probst's comment probably refers to a smack down between Sandra and JT.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Hali is a goner if NuMana loses, unless she finds the idol (Probst at least loves her, and she's been pretty entertaining this season, so hopefully they can make it happen).  It's why I wish NuNuku had taken the hint and tried to oust Brad.  That would have made her position so much better, and would have been a glorious blindside on top of it.  I half wondered if that was her whole 'we could go to rocks' line, because she might have known JT wasn't going to flip, leading to a 4-4 tie. 

Debbie's tirade is probably much ado about nothing.  Maybe she doesn't feel appreciated, maybe she feels she did more in the vote than they gave her credit for, maybe she overhears Brad saying she's just a loyal vote and adds nothing else.  Who knows.  Even though Hali's awesome, I could use a break from Mana.  Between Brad, Debbie, Tai, and Sierra, they are the last 4 I care to see.

I'm guessing Probst's comment probably refers to a smack down between Sandra and JT.

If 5 nunuku changed their vote to Brad, JT told Brad they are going to vote Eyebrows, Hali voted Brad as well, JT voted Eyebrows, Tai played HII for Eyebrows, then Brad goes home.

Edited by piequinn35

I really like Debbie so I am excited to see her go OFF HER NUT good and proper. I hope we get a decent amount of extreme tirade. I don't even care what it's about. There's nothing like going off your block and cutting the head off the snake with your tongue! About time someone in that tribe stopped following Culpepper around like obedient dogs.

• Love 1

New preview for this week.  I was going to say it looks like Sarah finally got some airtime, but she's wearing the Nuku buff so that line about being a criminal isn't her just repeating herself.

Edited by LadyChatts

The finale was just announced for May 24th. If my math is right (and it very well may not be lol), that means we have 8 episodes to go through 10 or 11 people (assuming the finale will start with 5 or 6 left). So, more double boot episodes to come I guess.

11 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Exile Island? Was that last used in the season Natalie won? A loved ones season?

They used it during S32 with the uneven tribe swap.  The person not picked was sent there, and joined the tribe that ended up losing after they voted someone out.  I'm assuming that's the case next week.

I'm more intrigued about the former Survivor paying a visit.

Edited by LadyChatts

I have a prediction about the former Survivor returning next week. and that prediction is that is going to be lame, very very lame.

I am guessing two tribes of seven and one person goes to exile.?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, LanceM said:

I have a prediction about the former Survivor returning next week. and that prediction is that is going to be lame, very very lame.

I am guessing two tribes of seven and one person goes to exile.?

I was thinking they boat Russell in to join whatever tribe Sandra is on so he can finally get over losing to her all those years ago and help vote her off.  My second guess was Boston Rob.  If it's someone already voted out on this season, Tony.

That's what I'm thinking about EI, too.

Also, Tai found a clue tonight, but not the idol.  Is that the first time we've ever seen that happen?  I wonder if he'll find it before the swap, if he doesn't stay on Mana.

• Love 1

"Oh I'm just so happy to hear of the return of Exile Island!" Said nobody ever... and double about R.I.

Exile is the lesser of the two evils IIRC, in that the losing tribe has to send someone off and that person is on their own in the wilds until their return for the next tribal council.

There were multiple people at Redemption at a time that played off over time for the final survivor re-entering the game.

• Love 5

Big Question: Now that Tony and JT are out, and we probably won't have returning players for another two seasons, will Sandra shift gears and let herself get picked off? Will she quit? I know there's a huge stigma to that, but Probst couldn't do shit to her. Can he give her titles to Lillian and Parvati? I don't think so.

I'm thinking Sandra will go to Exile Island, and she'll stay through Day 39 because the production people buried a fridge and a 72" TV with all the channels. She's the queen. She's earned it.

ETA: Still hoping Sandra and Cirie wind up on the same tribe, though Probst and Burnett would probably sacrifice as many goats as it takes to prevent that from happening. Then they'd tell Tai it was mass suicide.

• Love 7

I'm not fond of EI (What's the point? This show is long past it being about survival skills.) but I absolutely loathe RI. All RI did was sort of mute the effect of the vote. When someone got voted out, I'd think "Well, they're not really gone..." And then when they lost at RI, I'd think "Well, they were half-gone anyway..."

• Love 8

Unless this show really gets crappy and revisits the Pearl Islands outcasts twist, I have to believe the 'returning player' is someone who isn't actually participating in the game, just there as...I dunno, moral support?  Help in a challenge?  Whomever gets exiled spends a day with the returning guest hanging out at Exile Island?

I'm guessing this has to be one of the super well-known names in Survivor history, whose presence would even impress a cast of returning players.  Boston Rob?  Rudy?  Richard Hatch, as the original "game changer"?  (That would actually be kind of cool, and a nice way for CBS to hedge against actually letting Hatch play again.)

• Love 4

The only time I liked EI was during the original EI when Sally got saved and Terry's Boys Club had to turn on each other.  Oh, and since I didn't like Candice during CI, I kind of got a kick out of her getting sent there repeatedly (at the time-now in re-watch I kind of feel sorry for her).

RI I have and always will hate.  Once you're voted out you should stay out.  

I wonder if they'll tell the castaways to fake surprise at whoever the surprise visitor is.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

"Oh I'm just so happy to hear of the return of Exile Island!" Said nobody ever...

I love Exile Island.  I think I had an Unpopular Opinions post about this.  From the first season of it with poor Danielle out there in a huge storm to Cirie and Kathy hauling themselves BACK and FORTH between islands to the chill times in the Sugar Shack to the comic epic sojourns of Stephen and Coach on Tocantins, so many favorite moments for me.  I do think they have forgotten how to use it, though, and it hasn't been much fun when it's been used lately (like on SJDS or Kaoh Rong.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

This is my guess based on the episode title. They get "advice" from a Great Player. 

And now I'm hoping Sandra gets there. "I can't see ya in the distance, but I reckon you need the guidance of the greatest player ev- . . . aw, shheeeeeeet." "Hey, you! How ya been? Did you remember to wear a hat that isn't flammable?"

ETA: With Sandra on the cast, I think the only "legend" qualified to give advice would be Parvati. I have given her shit in the past, but look at her record: fifth, first, second. She's played 114 days out of a possible 117. But I reckon we'll end up with Rupert, who will dispense wisdom in-between makeout sessions with the missus.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Trick Question said:

Unless this show really gets crappy and revisits the Pearl Islands outcasts twist, I have to believe the 'returning player' is someone who isn't actually participating in the game, just there as...I dunno, moral support?  Help in a challenge?  Whomever gets exiled spends a day with the returning guest hanging out at Exile Island?

I'm guessing this has to be one of the super well-known names in Survivor history, whose presence would even impress a cast of returning players.  Boston Rob?  Rudy?  Richard Hatch, as the original "game changer"?  (That would actually be kind of cool, and a nice way for CBS to hedge against actually letting Hatch play again.)

6 hours ago, azshadowwalker said:

This is my guess based on the episode title. They get "advice" from a Great Player. 

So it will be like the Bachelor when past bachelors counsel the current bachelor on how to find love on TV.  So I guess the advice is "be there for the right reasons," "be open to love", and "be yourself." At the end of the day, what other advice could there be for this amazing journey?

• Love 3