Type keyword(s) to search

Season 34: Previews and Speculation

Daisy
  • Start Topic

(edited)

That's my biggest fear.  If that insanity does happen, I really hope they re-think all these idols and advantages, because that really isn't fair to the person who might go home by default.  If it does happen, hopefully theres a big enough uproar over it.  Idols may be the game, but everyone having something to save themselves except one person, who gets voted out just because they weren't lucky enough to stumble on one of twenty idols and advantages isn't great, dramatic TV for me.  My hope is since Troy was once again on the wrong end of a vote, if he doesn't win immunity next week, he won't risk it and play his.  But the way it's looking, we may very well get something of a crazy TC like that.  I suppose Jeff will have to do like he did in the all voted negated Cambodia final 6 vote and cut away during the finale to explain what just happened.

It looks like Cirie might be potentially flipping next week.  When she said she didn't think she could live with herself, it sounds like she might be going after Michaela or Andrea, then talks about pulling something off.  Since she's talking to Tai, I wonder if Tai comes clean about his idols.  She'll know about that and Sarah's vote steal, and she might even be let in on the LA.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I know Sarah's legacy idol can only be used at F6, but just to be clear, the regular immunity idols (the ones held by Tai and Troy) ALSO have to be played no later than F6?  And Sarah's "remove a vote" thing can also be used no later than F6?  Good lord, that's a lot.  You'd think that at least one of Troy or Tai (especially) would be playing their idol this coming week if they don't win immunity, correct?

10 minutes ago, Trick Question said:

I know Sarah's legacy idol can only be used at F6, but just to be clear, the regular immunity idols (the ones held by Tai and Troy) ALSO have to be played no later than F6?

Not that I'm aware of.  It's probably F5 for Tai and Troy's idols, which tends to be the norm.  (They'll get you one TC away from FTC, but not all the way). And I don't think we heard the time limit on Sarah's vote stealing advantage, but I'd assume that's F5 as well. 

I was merely postulating a possibility for events at F6, assuming that

• all 3 hidden idols are still in play at that TC (meaning not used beforehand or in a juror's pocket)
  • all 3 hidden idols get played at that same TC when the Legacy kicks in again for the last time.
1 hour ago, LadyChatts said:

If that insanity does happen, I really hope they re-think all these idols and advantages, because that really isn't fair to the person who might go home by default.

Fair as in just for the victim of the circumstances?  Agreed, probably not. 

But fair as in legal and within the rules of the game? As far as I can tell, it would be.

8 hours ago, SVNBob said:

That means we could have a TC with 5 of the 6 people safe!  If all the idols get played at this one TC, then the only person without immunity in any form will have to go home, regardless of the actual votes.

I would find this hilarious for like 10 minutes, but then I would be so fucking pissed about it. There are too many advantages this season! It's completely ridiculous.

Personally I'm hoping Cirie's, "I wonder if I could pull that off," is about getting rid of Sarah. I like Sarah OK and she's playing hard, but I can't bring myself to actually root for her. And while I think she might get a lot of, "You betrayed me. I'll never vote for you!" I could also easily see her getting a lot of respect for her game and I would rather see other people win than her. I think she's probably Cirie's biggest competition for the win. I think Cirie can probably beat Andrea, so I don't think she needs to worry about her right now. I haven't been a Cirie fan since her first season, but I like her this season and I would rather see her win than Sarah. Plus she's my last hope on my fantasy team!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I haven't been a Cirie fan since her first season, but I like her this season and I would rather see her win than Sarah.

Same. Cirie isn't playing that great a game this time (or maybe she is and it's being overshadowed by Andrea and Sarah's more aggressive moves), but if she gets to FTC, I think she wins because people seem to really love her. She probably would have won Exile Island and Micronesia if she had gotten to the end -- and I remember her tearful "I'm sorry, I tried" final words at Micronesia to her family -- and I want her to win just on that basis alone. (I thought she was an ass in HvV, but I want to like her, so I'm ignoring that.)

Sarah is probably my second choice for the win this season because I think she's playing really well and I didn't expect that from her at all, but really I'm fine with any of the remaining players winning. Not sure if that's a sign of a good season or a meh season.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that Cirie likely is never winning this game, but I still hold out a sliver of hope. 

At this point I honestly think Cirie is the winner. I think she's getting the winner's edit. But then I was convinced Jay was going to win MvGX so I'm pretty bad at predicting these things!

5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I'm fine with any of the remaining players winning. Not sure if that's a sign of a good season or a meh season.

I am fine with any of them winning, too, which I like. I think it's a sign that there's no assholes, which is good. And I actually think there's several people playing pretty solidly, which to me says it's a good season. ETA: These sentences were brought to you by the word 'which.'

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I'm pulling for Cirie as well, even if I'm not feeling that vibe. I threw shade at Tyson winning on his third attempt after blowing his foot off in S20, and I roll my eyes at talk of Rob being the GOAT after winning S22 on the fourth try. But I like Cirie. She's my kind of people. She's not physically adept, but she's great at making friends and influencing people. I'm sure that the "Black Widows" of S16 could have pulled off a lot of their Boise State plays (definition: "If every madcap scheme of ours has worked so far, this should as well!!!") without her, but I want to believe she was the true mastermind.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I'm pulling for Cirie as well, even if I'm not feeling that vibe. I threw shade at Tyson winning on his third attempt after blowing his foot off in S20, and I roll my eyes at talk of Rob being the GOAT after winning S22 on the fourth try. But I like Cirie. She's my kind of people. She's not physically adept, but she's great at making friends and influencing people. I'm sure that the "Black Widows" of S16 could have pulled off a lot of their Boise State plays (definition: "If every madcap scheme of ours has worked so far, this should as well!!!") without her, but I want to believe she was the true mastermind.

That's why It's soooooo frustrating that that Cirie didn't make it to the finals that season. It would have been really interesting to see her articulate her game, because I always felt while Parv did her thing  - Cirie also did hers and they did stuff together. how would it have been split? 

• Love 3

I always thought Parvati was the mastermind behind the Ozzy vote, but it was really Cirie who orchestrated that.  Since Parvati won, seemed to be the leader of the Black Widows, and her and Ozzy were friends outside of the game, I see why they gave her the credit.  But I do think Cirie had her hand in that a lot more than she was shown.  That was probably the only season she had a chance of winning.  I didn't like her much during her brief stint on HvsV, especially after saying 'Amanda cost me a million dollars' (something she repeated after her Micronesia loss).  Frankly, I'd blame Parvati, who wasn't even trying at the end because she knew she was going to the final 2 anyway.  At least Amanda looked like she was trying by taking Parvati with her.

17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I always thought Parvati was the mastermind behind the Ozzy vote, but it was really Cirie who orchestrated that.

My recollection is that Cirie came up with the idea to boot Ozzie, and Parvati was the key to implementing it, with the varied relationships she had and could call on to vote the way she wanted. 

Micronesia would have been a real interesting F3. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

They did more of the jury comment videos this week.  I wish they had started these sooner in the season!  

Is this the answer to:

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 11:13 PM, LadyChatts said:

I'm not crazy about the theme.  Jeff also alluded that there would be a change to the jury and how they select the final winner.  He didn't go any further than that, and I'm at a loss what it could be.  

??

(edited)

I was also wondering if that was what the jury change was. If so lol. I mean that doesn't really change the jury. Probst and his exaggerations. I'm glad if it is that though because I'm not really down with drastically changing how the jury works.

So I'm thinking the end game goes one of 2 ways: Brad/Troyzan/Tai/Sarah F4 with Brad eliminated at F4 and Sarah winning or the same F4 with Sarah eliminated at F4 and Brad winning. 

Basically I think it's practically inevitable that Aubry and Cirie will be the next 2 to go leaving a Brad/Troyzan/Tai/Sarah F4. What I'm not so sure about is whether Brad or Sarah goes at F4 and in turn which one of them wins. They will both beat the other 2 and I'm sure they know that which is why they will target each other at F4.

I could see Brad winning the FIC and I think he does have a potential winner's edit, but I think Sarah's edit is more winner's edit-y than Brad's tbh. Although I don't really see her winning the FIC and if she doesn't I would just assume she'd go. Although I suppose maybe Brad/Troy could vote Sarah and then Sarah/Tai could vote Troyzan or Brad (whichever doesn't win FIC) causing a tie.

I guess it's possible it's F2, but I highly doubt it. But if it is I would still assume the F2 would be either Sarah and Troyzan/Tai or Brad and Troyzan/Tai. 

Basically my prediction is that the only possible winners are Brad or Sarah. I'm not too keen on either, but I would 100% rather see Sarah win. So, Brad will probably win lol.

In any case I am fairly confident the finale will suck lol.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think it'll be a final 2 unless someone is medevaced.  Which they'd probably be hyping some medical emergency, so I'm sure we're still getting a final 3.  It's interesting who we have left.  Going along with the theory of Brad/Troy/Sarah/Tai, Brad and Troy may figure that Sarah is beatable due to betraying a lot of members of the jury.  Brad may also think he'll have enough friends over there to give him the win.  However, Troy and Tai would probably be easier beats than Sarah, so we could be looking at an all male final 3 (the worst in history, as I put in the ep thread), if Sarah loses final 4 immunity.  The only person I've seen say anything about Troy's game in those jury videos is Sierra.  

Tai is concerned about Sarah having a resume to present to the jury, but his pleas to get her out before the final 4 could fall on deaf ears.  She's guaranteed final 5, as are Tai, Troy, and probably Brad, if all the idols come into play at the final 6.  So the big question is, who goes first between Cirie and Aubry?  I know Brad and Troy are going to fill Tai's head with crap about how the girls betrayed him, despite doing the same thing to him two weeks ago (and Troy was supposed to tell him if his name was on the block).  We see Tai show his idols to Brad and Troy, but I wonder if Troy tells them about his.  Or at least Tai.  He and Brad may find someway to manipulate the situation.  I kind of doubt Brad will vote Tai out at that juncture, unless he thinks it'll give him brownie points with the jury by pulling that move off.  Who knows.  I have to say this is probably the first finale where I'm basically rooting against everyone lol  I just don't care.  I like Cirie and Aubry, but they'd have to go on an immunity run to the end.  Usually I get a little sentimental when the finale is here, but this time, I am ready for it to be done.  

I don't think Probst has been crazy about this season, either.  Most of his remarks are "it's game changers for a reason!" and that's it.  Also, if that's what he meant about doing something different with the jury....yeah, that's bad exaggeration, even for him.  Since Ozzy's been MIA in most of the jury videos, I thought at first maybe they were keeping the jury sequestered from each other, to a point, and maybe they aren't able to reveal as much.  But we know Sierra found out about Sarah from either Andrea or Michaela, so that can't be it, either.  And we do see at least Hali and Zeke present in the Ponderosa vids.  So who knows.  It's Probst.  I shouldn't have expected much.

Edited by LadyChatts
(edited)

I'm not sure if this belongs here or not but I didn't know where else to put it. I watched the latest videos of the jurors talking about who's playing best and whatnot and they're very enlightening imo. I'm not sure whether the extra videos are considered spoilers or not so I'll put my thoughts behind a tag just to be safe.

Spoiler

Since I feel pretty confident Cirie won't be making F3 I really think Sarah is the winner if she makes F3. Almost every juror (or maybe every single one of them) talked about how great of a game Sarah is playing. They also mentioned that she's played a bit dirty, but I still think it seems clears most if not all of them will vote for who they think played the best game regardless of lying/backstabbing.

I'd rather see Sarah win than Brad, Tai, or Troyzan, but after Zeke's video I really don't look forward to it if Sarah's in F3. I hate "Here's why you should vote for who I like the most" jury questions anyway and Zeke's will likely be a thousand times more irritating than they usually are.

I hope I'm completely wrong about my spec and somehow Aubry or even Cirie manages to make the F3. I'd love to see all 3 women there because they seem to be who most of the jury feels is playing the best so it'd be a suspenseful finale for once.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Ew at Brad's aggressive "I don't want no funny business," to Tai. Please, Tai, use your idol to get him voted out!

Seriously, where does Brad get off being shirty with Tai? Brad tried to vote him out. Tai owes him nothing.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Seriously, where does Brad get off being shirty with Tai? Brad tried to vote him out.

RIGHT! I'm kinda glad Brad's acting like the dick he is though becasue the fact that I was liking him this season was making me feel so uneasy.

I swear if Brad is going to be voted out and Tai saves him with idol and Cirie or Aubry or even Sarah goes instead then I am gonna have some words with Tai.

• Love 2
(edited)

I really hope Tai isn't asked back for a third time.  I feel sorry for him in a way, because he's easy to bully and manipulate since he takes things so personally.  I'm equally glad Brad is shown being a jerk, because I knew his good edit was just that-an edit.  Or a front.  Zeke was on to him playing up the Mr. Nice Guy act.

We saw Tai show Brad and Troy his idols, with Brad saying he'd have no problem voting Tai out.  I can't believe no idols get played, and I won't be surprised if Brad is saved, either at the final 6 or 5.  Sarah is also confronting Tai and saying he lied to her, so I wonder if she found out he was targeting her.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1

Brad is a jerk. All's right in the world! I actually got so sucked in by his new persona I couldn't exactly remember why I have wanted him gone all game and even found myself thinking when he went off like a dick after winning that last immunity challenge, well he's a sportsman, that's how they express themselves, that's reasonable.

If Tai ruins his own game for that aggro rockape I will really stomp my foot. NO!

• Love 3

"Hey! I know you don't like douchebags! I saw what you did to Scot! Don't you try that shit on me because I'm King Asshole!!"

I miss the smaller finales. Why not go from four to two, or at least 5-to-3? And I miss Fallen Comrades.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I miss the smaller finales. Why not go from four to two, or at least 5-to-3? And I miss Fallen Comrades.

I really miss 5 to 3, too. I feel like all the finales are now is IC after IC and since I don't really give a shit about comps I'm not into it.

I always found Fallen Comrades boring and I started fast forwarding them towards the end of their run, but I kinda miss them now.

• Love 5

I didn't mind Fallen Comrades for a while but I think it suffered for the expansion of the cast from 16 and the move from F2 to F3. It's like three people saying meaningless crap about 13 others was borderline, and four people doing it for 14 or 16 others is too much. 

And yeah - I feel like finales now are IC, TC, IC, TC, IC, TC, FTC with an RC thrown in there and not much else at all. It's too busy and there's no room for anything that happens to actually feel meaningful. 

• Love 4

I don't mind Fallen Comrades, but I don't really miss it either. I do miss the final quasi-cultural experience the remaining players would take part in on their way to the final immunity challenge: the fire-walking in Borneo, the dancing in the first Africa season, and the various times they had to adorn themselves in paint and shell necklaces and whatnot, the way the locals do, if by "locals," the show meant "extras from Gilligan's Island." Although I guess now that they reuse the same locations over and over again and the seasons are identified by their stupid themes, there's no reason to fit in a final task with local flavor.

The thing I really don't miss is when the F2 or F3 would burn down the camp before FTC, which I always hated.

I agree there's too much happening in the finales now. I never want to go back to the likes of the stultifying Outback finale, which was endless scenes of Colby, Tina, and Keith staring off into the middle distance, but it would be nice to see a little bit of downtime and the players reflecting on the whole experience. Though I guess it's not that kind of game anymore; the "social experiment" aspect went by the wayside ages ago and now it's more about just shanking the others for a million.

• Love 4

Not caring that much for tomorrow's finale. I think the biggest question going in is whether Jeff Varner would be dumb enough to come to the Reunion and get stuff thrown at him. I mean, he would have to be paid a lot to think about attending, even if that were to all go to charity.

Also: I'm be mildly surprised if Sandra get one or two minutes.

(edited)

I haven't heard either way about Varner, but I won't be surprised if he shows up.  If he does, that'll be a good chunk of time.  Talking to the winner, Brad (if he's not the winner), Monica (you know she's going to get a shout out), maybe Cochran.  Regardless if Varner shows up, the show will probably still spend a bit of time talking to Zeke about it.

The ones I expect to get zero airtime are Ciera, Sierra, Hali, Ozzy, and Caleb.  Maybe Michaela and Andrea.  I don't know if Jeff will bring up the infamous Malcolm boot and JT's idol blunder, but I hope he does have time for that.  Depending how the final 6 goes, I could see Troy, Aubry, and maybe Tai getting ignored, too, or getting maybe one question.  What could Jeff possibly have to ask Troy, especially if he's as invisible in the finale as he's been all season?  I'm sure Debbie, Sarah, and Cirie will get talked to, but it might be brief.  

Tony and Sandra will probably get something since they were winners who went home very early, especially Sandra.

Edited by LadyChatts

Checked the Media thread. Varner has been spotted. I'm just concerned that he might get a reaction beyond booing. Even if Zeke openly forgives him, Varner would probably get the treatment reserved for the likes of Jon, Colton and Naonka.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have to think the show will take whatever precautions necessary to make sure nothing beyond bad booing happens.  They've had more than enough time to prepare, and even if Varner decided last minute he was coming, I would like to think that they still had a plan in place.  What exactly does the audience compromise of?  I always thought it was mostly alumni, current Survivors loved ones, media, and fans who won tickets.  I'm sure he's expecting at least to get booed, if the show doesn't reign that in.

Edited by LadyChatts