Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 12/05/2016

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, rags said:

CCB, you can spin ur departure anyway you'd like...but gurl... we all know you were fired!

I am still shocked her nutbag brother Kirk Cameron never made an appearance on the show. Not even on her B-day show.  I would have loved Joy to have interviewed him.

Buh Bye, Candy!

I'm way too happy about this. There is something wrong with me. I'm going to hell.

• Love 9

I do love that Whoopi introduced  Candace to announce her exit in her valley girl voice. Cuz you know Whoopi's puts on that voice when she just couldn't care less about certain frivolous stories.

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Also, if you HAVE TO shoot someone why not shoot them in the leg?

I work with quite a few cops, and as I understand it, it's pretty hard to hit a running target, let alone try to pinpoint a spot. Add in the adrenalin rush as another wild card.

• Love 3

Shallow ......Did Sara get extensions? or just straighten her hair?

Thank you, the universe.no more Fuller House BS. HATE.

1 minute ago, ChicagoCita said:

I work with quite a few cops, and as I understand it, it's pretty hard to hit a running target, let alone try to pinpoint a spot. Add in the adrenalin rush as another wild card.

I understand. I guess ... well did the guy shoot him five times? One shot  would have taken him down.  I am pro cop bc I have several in my family. It just seemed like overkill for someone running way. I don't know the details. Was the guy a wanted murderer or something?

• Love 2

CCB was probably told her religious platitudes offered no substance to a conversation.  

She could be a guest contributor on TD Jake's show or something on the Christian channel and be in her element.  He should be there, too.   Religion has no place on TV outside of a channel dedicated to its focus.  

A thong, eh?  Never would have guessed that for her.  Most of the female population wear bikini panties (my guess) and there are many personalities out there with them on.  See what I am doing here?  Avoiding anything political.  It is my first day back watching, after my Trump diet.  Baby steps.  It was CCB's departure announcement that heralded my return!   I do love her teeth, LOVE them.  

I am watching now and the topic of "when do you teach your child religion' just came on the table.  I wonder if they did that for her. 

• Love 2

Bill O'R won't go on the View again because of what Joy said abt Trump? 

So what.  Who cares?  (Tm Joy Behar). 

He wants a bump in publicity to push his new lying book. Hoping against hope that they ignore him.  And Joy looked phenomenal in yellow the other day. 

If I want religion,  I will go to church or read something inspirational. I don't need someone else's religion shoved down my throat like it's the only true thong...I mean thing.  (That was a real mistake in typing, but it fits hypocritical Barbie. )  Thank you Goddess. 

Edited by Tosia
Happy fingers.
  • Love 14
41 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I understand. I guess ... well did the guy shoot him five times? One shot  would have taken him down.  I am pro cop bc I have several in my family. It just seemed like overkill for someone running way. I don't know the details. Was the guy a wanted murderer or something?

He was wanted for unpaid child support.  The cop lied several times about the events that happened.  Most of it was caught on video.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rags said:

I do love that Whoopi introduced  Candace to announce her exit in her valley girl voice. Cuz you know Whoopi's puts on that voice when she just couldn't care less about certain frivolous stories.

Shoot out here in the a Bay Area in CA we had news breaking because it might rain so I missed that. 

Although I often go deaf when Jedablabla talks she did say she was never paid for writing  an article and something about she would just wish her parents a Happy Birthday.  I know that's where most people post to wish family and friends a A Happy Birthday, there or on NRA Facebook  

i can't get past the 5 bullets in the back from so far away ,  behind in child support? My ex would be a dead man  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ari333 said:

Shallow ......Did Sara get extensions? or just straighten her hair?

I think it was just the way her hair was styled.

She acted like a cutesy 22 year old (which she does a lot), when they were talking about the description of her regarding the underwear type. Just too weird of a topic! 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Shoot out here in the a Bay Area in CA we had news breaking because it might rain so I missed that. 

That happens in Florida, which is so ridiculous I have no words, it is the tropics for fuck sake.  

16 minutes ago, Vinyasa said:

She acted like a cutesy 22 year old (which she does a lot), when they were talking about the description of her regarding the underwear type. Just too weird of a topic! 

Yeah but she is nowhere near as irritating as CCB was.  WAS!  I love that.  

1 hour ago, May Jacks said:

If you want to actually know the truth of what happened to Walter Scott, please look it up. There is no excuse for what that officer did. 

I did and agree. 

• Love 2

I enjoy this show the most when it's people holding different opinions so I appreciate what CCB brought. Faith was her main issue, but that was about it. I believe she's a nice person not made for a show like this that forces you to engage in sometimes ugly conversations. She was cast as the "Republican" right after Raven was hired as the "young Liberal" (remember there ONE fight about the baker/cake) but that just wasn't either of them. She has a softness to her that Elisabeth and even Paula lack. I loved that she thanked Whoopi and Joy first and foremost and then mentioned Michelle along with the other fallen Panelists.

Im most curious to see what the show does next--do they give her seat to Sunny full time? Integrate Paula back in more? Make Jedi stop pretending she's a Libertarian and let her Republican flag fly? 

• Love 2

It's better for her to leave this show. She has that commute and was booed a couple of times when she brought up religion. Right or wrong it is her view and she shouldn't have been booed for it. To me her religion is her life and the worse thing she's done that I don't agree with is voting for Trump just because he is a Republican.

She might be on tomorrow for the last time I think.

• Love 2

Well since this is a show called The View, I don't think there is a problem discussing religion. It is a part of a lot of people's lives to varying degrees and it often intersects with other social issues which are discussed. The problem, at least for me is that the View seems to just substitute in White Conservative Evangelical Christian to represent all Christians. So whenever they wanted to know what a "person of faith" thought they would turn to Candace or Paula as if they were speaking for all Christians everywhere, as opposed to their very specific demographic. Not to mention considering the climate now, it would be great to have a Muslim voice at the table. 

Candace's problem was , she just wasn't very well read and she could not articulate herself. Even when she was talking about religion. It was painful listening to her sometimes. Her world view seemed very limited and I just didn't get the feeling she was used to having to defend her positions.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

Candace's problem was , she just wasn't very well read and she could not articulate herself. Even when she was talking about religion. It was painful listening to her sometimes. Her world view seemed very limited and I just didn't get the feeling she was used to having to defend her positions.

Yes, yes, and yes to your entire post.

I like Candace - and I'm glad she is concentrating on acting full-time. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

YES!  When you are on a talk show you need a broad base of knowledge, be interested in reading a wide variety of news sources and editorials to better understand all sides, not just your own,  be inquisitive, be able to discuss and debate intelligently, etc.   I didn't get the sense that she was interested in really learning and reading about issues.   She can say she "wNts to understand" but probably did nothing behind the scenes to read and research issues to make that happen.  As a child actor her on set education was lacking and she didn't supplement it or go to college like some other kid actors did - she appears to be a nice person (albeit with a bit holier than thou attitude) but is content in her narrow world view and beliefs and has led a pretty sheltered life.  She and hubby probably knew the bicoastal commute would not be something to do for the long term, but her exposure on the show for one season was fantastic for exposure and publicity for the launching of her old TV show's return, so it was a calculated business/money move.

• Love 8

Religion is not a good topic to mix with anything else.   It is a personal guidance system, not fact.  She mentions God is sovereign (def. monarch) in response when called upon to state her opinion or stance, repeatedly.   In essence, that says, case closed, I am/God is right on this.  She had nothing else to say because she was not informed nor able to converse without her religion speaking.  That does not foster sharing views on varied topics which is this show's format.   She is naive, conservative, deeply religious and unfortunately bigoted (gay, trans).  Her niche is acting and I think she will probably stay with that.   She is out of water here.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, ari333 said:

I'm open and flexible heheheh. Just pick them off one at a time and I'll do my prancy dance with hand gestures around the living room in a circle with high knees and swishy hands.

giphy.gif

Depending on who's out next I might take my show on the road.

I was going to suggest Whoops but she's starting to make sense. Finally.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, ari333 said:

I'm open and flexible heheheh. Just pick them off one at a time and I'll do my prancy dance with hand gestures around the living room in a circle with high knees and swishy hands.

Are "swishy hands" the same as jazz hands?  Cause I want jazz hands.  Love jazz hands.

You guys are cracking me up big time with all the celebratory posts due to BAB leaving.  Could we have a rousing rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus?  Joy to the World?  Happy Days Are Here Again?

• Love 3

Hey, does anyone think it's some kind of karma that CCB announced she was leaving today, on December 8th? It's been exactly one month since you know who was elected. Maybe this was the universe trying to give us just a teeny, tiny sliver of sunshine. I don't know about you, but this month has been rough! 

• Love 9

Don't you think CCB would've hung in there if she hadn't felt like she was hanging out there on her own? There's no Geddie anymore, thank goodness. She's not strong enough to defend her ridiculous support of Trump (nothing Christian about him) without some kind of back up and it became apparent that nobody was coming forward. Back to the safe haven. 

• Love 6

I've been trying to remember when CCB was booed by the audience.....it was recently, kind of, since she hasn't been there for a while (fortunately). Can anyone remember what prompted that? IIRC, there were some clapping involved with the booing. 

1 hour ago, maggiemae said:

I've been trying to remember when CCB was booed by the audience.....it was recently, kind of, since she hasn't been there for a while (fortunately). Can anyone remember what prompted that? IIRC, there were some clapping involved with the booing. 

I THINK she "as a Christian"d one too many times.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, maggiemae said:

1 hour ago, MischaMouse said:

I THINK she "as a Christian"d one too many times.

No, it wasn't that. I think it was her using her faith to justify her supporting Drumpf, after the Access Hollywood tape came out. I think. Or it might have been over why she wouldn't vote for Hillary because of abortion. I tried to Google to refresh my memory, but surprise! surprise! Nothing popped up.

• Love 2

I'd love to see someone like me represented, because there are a lot of us, but we don't fit in to The View's narrow view. That is, liberal, opinionated, religious in that our morals are deeply affected by our faith, but open to other POVs and .. did I say, falling off the left side of the planet LIBERAL? I am so sick of the perpetuation of the idea that "Christian" means Republican, anti-choice, anti-gay, close-minded, stick-up-the-ass conservatives! Or have a funny moderate Muslim, or a thoughtful, informed Hindu. I would love to see a religious person I like on these shows rather than the stereotyped mannequins who keep get hired to represent "the religious one" on various panels.

• Love 18

okay so yes Jedediah did write for Breitbart for a few years but appeared to stop once Bannon really took over and yes many were political columns but many were about her parents and life. I do doubt she got paid as she was strictly writing for columns for them because Breitbart originally started as the conservative version of Huff Post (Andrew Breitbart actually co-founded the Huffington Post and was good friends with Ariana) and I do not think most columnist for huff post get paid. 

and in terms of the Libertarian thing again, she did write the book 6 years ago before she officially became a "pundit" and I think Stossel really influenced her once she got to Fox into being more of a Libertarian. and most Libertarians do identify as conservative so I don't really see that book title as contradicting as Libertarian essentially just means small govt all around which is conservative or limited. 

Raven gone

Candace gone

Whoopi's last day will be extra exciting

Edited by Bmarsh
  • Love 1

Not sure I agree with that Bmarsh, I imagine she did get paid - although not a lot. Have not seen anywhere how she stopped when Bannon kinda took over. And Stossel (FOX) Yikers.

I'm not a fan of her. IMO she launches into way too long statements from the get-go and even the conservatives (CCB, Paula, even Sarah) can't respond. And then Jediblahblah laughs like a hyena like nothing she said was serious.

I don't mind when they discuss religion, but not the point of the show, I am liberal and religious and don't force it on people. Separation of Church and State, imo - when it comes to politics. When it comes to family and close friends - fine, especially in one's place of worship.

Michelle was Jewish, many were raised Catholic on this show, others Evangelical etc. Who cares? It is/was only a topic for one or two (Candace and Sherri). 

I think TV decided they did not to present a religious show for a part timer. And a great many viewers did not like being schooled by Candace. Or Sherri back in the day trying to convert BW or dealing with Halloween and Christmas with her son. And then embracing it suddenly when she fell in love.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

I'd love to see someone like me represented, because there are a lot of us, but we don't fit in to The View's narrow view. That is, liberal, opinionated, religious in that our morals are deeply affected by our faith, but open to other POVs and .. did I say, falling off the left side of the planet LIBERAL? I am so sick of the perpetuation of the idea that "Christian" means Republican, anti-choice, anti-gay, close-minded, stick-up-the-ass conservatives! Or have a funny moderate Muslim, or a thoughtful, informed Hindu. I would love to see a religious person I like on these shows rather than the stereotyped mannequins who keep get hired to represent "the religious one" on various panels.

Yes! Me!  Over here! (Jumping up and down, waving my hands!) Yes, to all of this! We exist! And I'd also be very interested in having a Muslim voice at the table, especially considering the current climate. Again if this is a show about various "views", that is one that has been sorely lacking. I really am interested in hearing from people with varying views, opinions and life experiences. I just need them to be able to engage in intelligent discussion and debate and have some breadth of knowledge about views besides there own. 

• Love 17
47 minutes ago, spiritof76 said:

I really am interested in hearing from people with varying views, opinions and life experiences. I just need them to be able to engage in intelligent discussion and debate and have some breadth of knowledge about views besides there own. 

Well- the show is in its 20th year and still hasn't figured out how to successfully fill the table! lol

• Love 4

I agree that CCB has a right to her opinion and her faith. What drove me up the wall was her attitude that it is her way or the highway. She is right and everyone else is wrong. Shoving beliefs down someone's throat rubs me wrong. I prefer tolerance and compassion and respect for differences.

3 hours ago, spiritof76 said:

Yes! Me!  Over here! (Jumping up and down, waving my hands!) Yes, to all of this! We exist! And I'd also be very interested in having a Muslim voice at the table, especially considering the current climate. Again if this is a show about various "views", that is one that has been sorely lacking. I really am interested in hearing from people with varying views, opinions and life experiences. I just need them to be able to engage in intelligent discussion and debate and have some breadth of knowledge about views besides there own. 

THIS^^^^^ me too!

• Love 11
13 hours ago, onthebrink03 said:

Are "swishy hands" the same as jazz hands?  Cause I want jazz hands.  Love jazz hands.

You guys are cracking me up big time with all the celebratory posts due to BAB leaving.  Could we have a rousing rendition of the Hallelujah Chorus?  Joy to the World?  Happy Days Are Here Again?

You make me snort giggle!

Swishy hands are kind of jazz hands. Or maybe like windshield wiper hands... back and forth and all prancy.... palms open and out

heheheh

I wish I had thought of Hallelujah and Joy to the World... but I did get Happy Days Are Here Again...

I'm semi sort of old. and I really snort when I giggle 

I also thought of that song by Ceelo Green (is that his name?).... "eff you....."

• Love 4

Awwww....we're losing Malibu Barbie. Looks like my voodoo dolls are working after all. Now, if Jedi would be gone along with Paula and we get Sunny full-time, that would do wonders for my blood pressure when I watch.

Besides her annoying voice, Barbie should have left her religious zeal at the door. This show is supposed to be a forum for women to discuss events in the news. It is not a platform for her beliefs. But hey...who cares now?!! SHE'S GONE!!!!!!!

Notice how Whoopi wasn't even included in that silly underwear discussion. Is that because.......omg...don't go there!!

• Love 13

Why does Jedidingbat keep peddling this idea that those cronies', trump has put up for consideration, ideals and views don't necessarily mean they will govern that way. What planet is she on? They are in the mix because of those views. She really irks me.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 14

Does Jediblabla hear herself talk? She's stating that not all republicans are anti gay and abortion, which may be true, but republican administrations are the only ones trying to take away rights in that regard. It's not hard to see nor understand. And ffs, Sara's husband seems very superficial and annoying. If he doesn't want to even see her with her hair in a bun, how is he going to be there for the tough times of marriage? Like an illness or 20 years of time going by and you both look different. I give them 5 more years. And bye 1950s CCB! Truly a "don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you" moment. :)

• Love 11

I hate those in store shopping trips/store infomericals!

I hated them when Bitsy did them and I hate them even more with airhead Sara. Notice nothing was picked for Raven. Was there? Guess Raven is gone for good.

No fan at all of CCB but I do think she deserved a better last day. Why not show a short video of her time on the show?

Today was the real last day for Candace. Joy was moderating and at the end Candace gave her final goodbye. I'm glad it was Joy who sent her off. Professional and with kindness.

Joy announced that she will be doing a comedy show tomorrow night (Sat.) in Philadelphia. She said she had some things to say about Trump. I can only imagine and I wish I lived in the Philly area. I would love to see a Joy comedy show in person.

• Love 10

JediFoxNewsbot thinks we should all kumbaya around trump. She keeps brining up the false equivalencies with trump and President Obama. Obama wasn’t a bigot so your point is moot. Obama was disliked for his policies and his race and that didn’t end when he was sworn in and I thank Joy for making that point. We don’t need to “come together” around a bigot. The country can heal without coalescing around a bigot. The country can heal when every one comes to term with the racial animus that continues. trump should never be normalized.

I can't take the three blind mice at once. It's too much and I am grateful it for the last time.

Edited by May Jacks
  • Love 21

That Target segment/ ad went over like a lead balloon. Joy's reaction to her pillow was meh, Paula's little tree didn't make music, CCB doesn't really wear baby doll dresses (of course not, they aren't sexy enough), and Jediwhatever didn't wear her glitz bomber jacket at all. Poor Sara, she looked a bit deflated.

• Love 5

It was a sweet farewell to Candace. Very gracious on all parts, unlike so many other View departures. I was so appalled that Whoopi yesterday announced it in her insipid Valley Girl voice, which she uses to mock pop culture. So very insulting. Joy, Sarah, Candace, et al. handled it well today, with grace and charm. 

• Love 4